Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15719 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Mega Sale
33. Re: Epic Mega Sale May 16, 2019, 16:18 Kxmode

Pass! Focus on making your store a minimum viable store on par with other platforms.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 20:57 Kxmode

Official title of the Captain Picard show announced.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 20:25 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 19:49:
Of course, man. You'll probably need a few weeks to break the new one in.

yupyup Nod

News Comments > Valve Trademarks DOTA UNDERLORDS
1. Re: Valve Trademarks DOTA UNDERLORDS May 15, 2019, 20:23 Kxmode

GABE NEWELL'S
DOTAUNDERLORDS

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 18:58 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 16:51:
Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2019, 16:31:
jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:33:
Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2019, 02:28:
Purchased a 2080TI.

And...? How is it?

I'm about to purchase another 2070. The last one crashed on certain games (DCS), but worked fine for others (E:D). Hoping a new hardware revision, or better drivers will be sufficient.

I don't have it yet. I'll get it in 1-2 weeks, so I'll let you know then.

That puts my current 1080TI likely up for sale. In July 2018, I paid $810 for a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16. This card is one of the best-in-class 1080TIs. So far, performance remains excellent and without issues. I didn't OC it, so there's plenty of life left in it. I'll likely offer it for $250 (shipping included) which is cheaper than a standard-priced 1080. Highly recommend for anyone on a 960 or less, but not ready to go full 2080 series.

I'd be interested. I'm still running a 670, which still runs great, but not good enough to power my VR HMD. Not really interested in RTX. Send you a PM?

EDIT: Oh, your Blues DM is off. Can you DM me?

Let's wait until I get the new card first. I want to make sure it fits in my case and all that jazz before I commit the 1080TI to someone. But you're first on the list followed by Dacote. I'll update you in the next week.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 16:31 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2019, 15:33:
Kxmode wrote on May 15, 2019, 02:28:
Purchased a 2080TI.

And...? How is it?

I'm about to purchase another 2070. The last one crashed on certain games (DCS), but worked fine for others (E:D). Hoping a new hardware revision, or better drivers will be sufficient.

I don't have it yet. I'll get it in 1-2 weeks, so I'll let you know then.

That puts my current 1080TI likely up for sale. In July 2018, I paid $810 for a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16. This card is one of the best-in-class 1080TIs. So far, performance remains excellent and without issues. I didn't OC it, so there's plenty of life left in it. I'll likely offer it for $250 (shipping included) which is cheaper than a standard-priced 1080. Highly recommend for anyone on a 960 or less, but not ready to go full 2080 series.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:16 Kxmode

Driver goes berserk when another driver won't let him merge.

Both are idiots!

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:10 Kxmode

There are now eight new gamer personas as declared by researchers based on today's gamers. In other words, "casual" and "hardcore" are out-dated labels.

- The Ultimate Gamer (13%) — You love nothing more than spending all your money and free time on games.
- The All-Around Enthusiast (9%) — You live a balanced gaming life in your playing, viewing, and buying habits.
- The Cloud Gamer (19%) — You're most likely an early adopter of game streaming services and will only spend money on hardware when necessary.
- The Conventional Player (4%) — You own tons of gaming hardware and would rather spend your time playing games than watching other people play games.
- The Hardware Enthusiast (9%) — You keep up with all the latest hardware trends and probably have a $5,000 extreme-build rig with RGB lighting everywhere.
- The Popcorn Gamer (13%) — You don't play games all that much, but you like watching others play.
- The Backseat Viewer (6%) — You used to game a lot, but you got older and life happened, so you get your kicks from watching esports and people play other games.
- The Time Filler (27%) — You play games to pass the time, when you have time, and you rarely touch a PC game.

Which one best describes you?

This comment was edited on May 15, 2019, 15:22.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 15:06 Kxmode

Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!  

News Comments > Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery Rises
3. Re: Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery Rises May 15, 2019, 14:59 Kxmode

Did either of you actually watch the show?

This comment was edited on May 15, 2019, 16:11.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black starwars May 15, 2019, 14:40 Kxmode

opie wrote on May 14, 2019, 20:06:
at this point, *yawn*
so sick of superheros
so sick of dragons
so sick of bad starwars movies.

There's Star Trek Picard.

News Comments > WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 06:36 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on May 14, 2019, 22:51:
I'm sure it will be a success to start with. The question is, will it have staying power? Or will people come to the realization their nostalgia for Classic WoW doesn't live up to the reality.

How many times are you guys going to keep bringing this up. Yes, it will have staying power. At its peak, which is pretty much around the time it closed, Nostalrius had an active player count of 150,000 (they considered active unique accounts that logged in within two weeks), and a concurrent player count of 13,000 (something classic WOW was never originally designed to handle). The only reason people stopped playing was because they were forced to. There's PLENTY who want to go back to the original WOW. I am personally looking forward to the classic 10-player dungeons like Stratholme and running Southshore / Terran Mill and Crossroads PVP skirmishes. Looking forward to 40-player raids to Molten Core. Also looking forward to the original Alterac Valley and the opening of the Ahn Qiraj gate world event. Those remain my absolute favorite moments in WOW.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 06:31 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on May 15, 2019, 05:14:
I think Blizzard kind of dropped the ball with this. From what I've seen graphically the game is exactly the same as the original WoW. There have been absolutely no updates to the textures, models or meshes of the original game.

I understand why they did it, they wanted to give the gameplay experience of playing vanilla WoW back to the fans, but why not update it to modern standards from a graphical standpoint? Considering the development time they spent doing this "port" they could have done all of that and made it look like a modern game.

Classic players DON'T want the updated graphics. Why in the hell would you even think something like that would be okay on classic servers?

The port is minimal at best. Basically the legacy framework doesn't work with Battle.net's modern infrastructure. Some of the UI is modern but most of it is the classic data.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 06:27 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on May 14, 2019, 20:08:
When you can’t think of any games to make, just go grab a previously successful game off the shelf, blow the dust off, and sell it again.

What an asinine comment. Classic is happening because of Nostalrius and the community's effort after it was shut down. Plus the Blizzard senior staff like Michael Morhaime meeting with the Nost crew, and Mark Kern meeting with Mike to talk about Classic and hand deliver the over 250,000 petitions from people wanting official classic servers.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2019, 02:28 Kxmode

Purchased a 2080TI.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2019, 00:55 Kxmode

afka Rossini wrote on May 14, 2019, 00:35:
Jivaro wrote on May 13, 2019, 12:12:
I guess I am the only one who actually thought the GoT episode played out pretty much like I thought it would. If there is one thing that this show has been hammering is that everybody loses in war...I feel like the continued examples of a lack of happy endings is pretty Martinesque.

I thought this episode could go one of three ways and wasn't surprised at the choice they made. Visually it was quite a treat. Peter Dinklage was particularly good. Also the way the followed one of the main characters late in the episode was very well done.

The funniest thing I saw was -Spoiler- [Cersi doing the "I think I'll just mosey on out of here" at the start of the Clegane Bowl.]

Season 7 and 8 come from notes Martin assembled for a book he'll eventually finish. He pretty much gave us Daenerys' fate in the season 2 finale "Valar Morghulis," which comes from a completed book. She would NEVER sit on the iron throne. Further, she was going to turn mad for all to see because she was a pure-blood Targaryen. You couple that with Jon's resurrection and the many individuals placed in situations to assist the Stark children, and you begin to see that there's divine intervention going on in the show to make Jon king. In many ways it matches the vibe of The Return of The King; a reluctant Aragorn eventually becomes king and brings peace to the realm. So if that's how Game of Thrones goes out well, it'll be a nice ending. But this is GOT so until the final credits roll who knows. There's still the carving of a figure holding a wolf's head. Jon is the head of House Stark. So perhaps the final "send off" from Martin will be everyone dies and there's no such thing as happy endings.

Anyhow, it's been a thrill ride. I'm looking forward to the final episode and then onto Watchman (can't wait to see Jeremy Irons' performance as Adrian Veidt / Ozymandias).

32. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2019, 00:30 Kxmode

Speaking of fait accompli this vision from season 2 episode 10's "Valar Morghulis" shows Daenerys walking through an ash-raining ash-covered ruins of the Iron Throne room. Basically this was fulfilled in the current episode.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive
49. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 13, 2019, 16:03 Kxmode

chickenboo wrote on May 13, 2019, 15:42:
I don't want a portion of the payment for the game I buy going to Epic and EGS. I'd sooner buy it directly from UPlay, which may be their side-goal. I'd still prefer to have a Steam key or a GOG key.

Maybe I am a bit of the 'Steam KoolAid sipper' in that I prefer their platform for reasons beyond loving my Steam Controller and Steam Link and my library of games on their service. I guess I have a soft spot for Valve and have enjoyed watching the platform progress and improve. Sure, I hated it at first same as everyone else. Invasion of privacy, forced to online-check my key over and over again, etc. Now I like Steam and Valve cause I have a bit of an emotional attachment to their service, and I'm not ready to switch to EGS because they offered a cool two million bucks to a publisher for exclusive sales rights. The whole idea though is to strengthen the EGS brand and store and Epic's approach so far is simply lock as many titles to their service as they can. This isn't competitive for consumers, it's competitive for publishers. EGS knows it can't compete with Steam without using exclusivity, and it's really lame that it's come to this.

So yeah I'm feeling a little petty and I won't be buying games from Epic or EGS even when it's a game I kinda want. I refuse to reward their exclusive contracts with my wallet to get access to a title, that's simply approving of their approach and I won't do it. Heck I haven't even visited their website or store a single time yet - no reason to!

Agreed.

Beyond that I think it's more about not strong-arming consumers into buying on an inferior platform because that's the only place to buy the game. At least that's how exclusivity works today for third-party publishers like Deep Silver who don't have a platform of their own. For publishers with established platforms like GOG Galaxy, UPlay, Battle.net, and Origin with YEARS of continuous improvements they are superior platforms. In other words, if games are going to fragment, would rather they do so on platforms that are better than EGS. Today Epic Games Store is woefully out of sync with the standards established by today's platforms. Until they get their trash up to standards, Epic is in NO position to make anything exclusive to their platform regardless of how much money they have from Fortnite. Third-party publishers need to think about that fact before they go exclusive seriously. I'm not buying any games on Epic's "broken" platform until it is on par with the established ones. And even when that happens, I likely won't do it because of the anti-consumer crap to astroturf their customer base.

47. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 11, 2019, 16:41 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on May 11, 2019, 13:08:
I'd rather support Epic than continuing my support for Gabe’s type 2 diabetes.

Jonjonz wrote on May 11, 2019, 06:34:
Ha ha, you just lost my purchase Ubi.

I wrote twice in this thread that the game isn't exclusive on EGS. It can be purchased from UPlay which is a far superior platform than EGS and one I highly recommend.

41. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint an Epic Games Store Exclusive May 10, 2019, 20:52 Kxmode

None of Ubisoft's upcoming games are truly exclusive. You can buy them on UPlay which is a far superior platform than EGS.  

15719 Comments. 786 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo