Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15724 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Anthem Plans
1. Re: Anthem Plans Sep 5, 2019, 19:07 Kxmode

Pretty sure if EA gave Bioware their "support in building out three large floors of amazing new office space, custom-designed from the ground up for the future of game development" that means EA isn't shutting down the studio any time soon.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC
48. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 5, 2019, 18:05 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 16:31:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 16:11:
VaranDragon wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 10:32:
What the hell is the problem here? I don't see it. Free DLC and post release multiplayer support? Why the fuck would anyone have a problem with this is beyond me.

Because people are confusing POST-support with PRE-release development. In other words, they don't RTFM. It's par for the course for some on Blue's News.

You're the one that's having trouble reading the posts... because you keep responding with CORE SP when you can plainly see the complaints you're quoting were talking about post-release content.

https://i.imgur.com/jNstlUn.png

The post-launch single-player experience is driven entirely by the number of people CDPR hires to produce the content. I've stated ad nauseam the number of people they had on Witcher 3, meaning if there are quality issues, it's not because they didn't have enough people to work on the content.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Kung Fu Jesus Announced Redux
14. Re: Kung Fu Jesus Announced Redux Sep 5, 2019, 16:41 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 16:30:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 16:16:
Slashman wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 08:55:
SunnyD wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 02:56:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 16:55:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 14:02:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 14:01:
Kung Fu Messiah?

No, the OTHER M-word.

"Mesbians?"

No.. the OTHER M-word. -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

~Finis~

There are a lot of other M words.

I am referring to Mohammad.

A perceived disrespectful treatment of the name and/or person's likeness generally results in a violent reaction from a fringe element of the religion. The game developers aren't prepared to go that route. However, they were okay with Jesus because it's en vogue.

How long has it been en vogue?

You tell me.

11. Re: Kung Fu Jesus Announced Redux Sep 5, 2019, 16:16 Kxmode

Slashman wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 08:55:
SunnyD wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 02:56:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 16:55:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 14:02:
Kung Fu Messiah?

No, the OTHER M-word.

"Mesbians?"

No.. the OTHER M-word. -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg

~Finis~

There are a lot of other M words.

I am referring to Mohammad.

A perceived disrespectful treatment of the name and/or person's likeness generally results in a violent reaction from a fringe element of the religion. The game developers aren't prepared to go that route. However, they were okay with Jesus because it's en vogue.

46. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 5, 2019, 16:11 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 5, 2019, 10:32:
What the hell is the problem here? I don't see it. Free DLC and post release multiplayer support? Why the fuck would anyone have a problem with this is beyond me.

Because people are confusing POST-support with PRE-release development. In other words, they don't RTFM. It's par for the course for some on Blue's News.

37. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 20:14 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 18:46:
Darks wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 18:36:
I see the usually pissing and moaning is going on, nothing new here.

On a side note, hoping that MP will maybe be Coop too.
Dick measuring contest extraordinaire.

My-Platform-Is-Better-Than-Yours. Hypocrite much?

36. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 20:02 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 18:15:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 17:27:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 17:08:
You don't know anything either bud.
People are fine to complain that they'd rather see those employees working on SP content regardless of the delineation or numbers.

The first paragraph = I state very clear unknowns. It's not hard to gauge them.

The second paragraph = This is a valid observation into how CDPR produces their games from a staffing level based on info they shared at one of their annual meetings.

There's a difference between people complaining to complain, and people complaining based on information they have about something. Parker was blindly throwing a tirade about something he has no credible information on.

And again neither do you.
So, please stop. You don't work at CDPR so you can't know about where they place their employees or what work they give their contractors. Nor if resources are moved away from the SP game to MP R&D. You also don't know a thing about Cyberpunk's engine technology and how robust it is to support MP. Nor do you understand how approachable it is for the studio. You don't know how many people are working on the tech to support both an SP and MP experience.

Are you serious? I did not state them as facts. It was a list of unknowns based on what most developer/publishers have. We know all have a headcount, all use an engine (either theirs or licensed), and most employee contractors. The only people who know the specific details from my list is CDPR themselves. However, the list is immaterial. I used it as a counterpoint to Parker's asinine attempt to explain the inner workings of CDPR with no knowledge of the company.

Case in point (for context):

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 16:02:
Of course it is. They only have number x employees and if a certain number of them is working on post-launch multiplayer DLC then it is definitely taking away from the (post-launch) single player content.

The question is to what extent but no matter what they say: As soon as multiplayer enters the stage we are talking resources, compromises and pre-planning that is going to affect the single player in some way. Claiming otherwise is typical CD Projekt "look at us, look at us, LOOK ALREADY, we are the good guys" marketing bullshit.

My second paragraph mentioned CDPR's staffing numbers on The Witcher 3 (a known fact). I don't know if a 1,000 people will work on CP77, but it provides a clear precedent that CDPR isn't worried about staffing needs and will likely hire as many as they need to get the job done.

23. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 17:27 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 17:08:
You don't know anything either bud.
People are fine to complain that they'd rather see those employees working on SP content regardless of the delineation or numbers.

The first paragraph = I state very clear unknowns. It's not hard to gauge them.

The second paragraph = This is a valid observation into how CDPR produces their games from a staffing level based on info they shared at one of their annual meetings.

There's a difference between people complaining to complain, and people complaining based on information they have about something. Parker was blindly throwing a tirade about something he has no credible information on.

21. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 16:32 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 16:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 12:58:
It's not taking resources away from sp so no harm no foul.

Of course it is. They only have number x employees and if a certain number of them is working on post-launch multiplayer DLC then it is definitely taking away from the (post-launch) single player content.
The question is to what extent but no matter what they say: As soon as multiplayer enters the stage we are talking resources, compromises and pre-planning that is going to affect the single player in some way. Claiming otherwise is typical CD Projekt "look at us, look at us, LOOK ALREADY, we are the good guys" marketing bullshit.

That said, I am convinced that they will deliver a solid single player experience. The question to me is more if the post-launch DLC will be as meaty as it could have been if there was no tacked on multiplayer garbage being worked on.

Oh well, since I won't buy the game before they release a GOTY anyway I will just sit, watch and consume copious amounts of popcorn if the multiplayer (hopefully) turns into a complete suckfest.

Please stop. You don't work at CDPR so you can't know about where they place their employees or what work they give their contractors. Nor if resources are moved away from the SP game to MP R&D (which is unlikely given they hiring for MP tech positions). You also don't know a thing about Cyberpunk's engine technology and how robust it is to support MP. Nor do you understand how approachable it is for the studio (e.g., Like or not like "Frostbite for Anthem developer"?). You don't know how many people are working on the tech to support both an SP and MP experience. NONE OF THAT IMPACTS THE CORE SP EXPERIENCE.

What is known is CDPR's willingness to push headcount to extreme levels based on the 2017 or 2018 annual meeting. During the Witcher 3 highlights, CDPR stated at its peak around 1,000 professionals worked on it. That number included both CDPR employees and contractors with many located world-wide so that development could remain continuous. That was one of the main reasons they were able to develop and publish it in three years.

18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 15:25 Kxmode

JoeNapalm wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 14:25:
[westerndrawl]
Sumbody git a rope!
[/westerndrawl]

I like my New York City salsa.

5. Re: Kung Fu Jesus Announced Redux Sep 4, 2019, 14:02 Kxmode

Kung Fu Messiah?

No, the OTHER M-word. The one that turns people into crazed killers if you speak ill of that name.

14. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 14:00 Kxmode

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 13:32:
OHHH so basically CDPR just announced that they plan on charging FULL PRICE for an unfinished game just like EA!!!

MULTIPLAYER IS NOT PART OF THE CORE SINGLE-PLAYER EXPERIENCE. They are simply looking to enhance and add multiplayer to the game post-launch for those who enjoy that sort of gameplay content. Some companies add mod support, CDPR wants to add multiplayer support.

13. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 13:58 Kxmode

Xero wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 12:46:
F*******k a half arse multiplayer just to appease to those that feel they need multiplayer in everything.

Don't sacrifice quality to appease the peons.

I'm totally down with a rock solid, awesome single player game. AKA, THE WITCHER 3.

Read my comment below. Multiplayer is NOT part of the core development. It's a separate R&D.

12. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 13:53 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 11:43:
Fuck multiplayer. The end is nigh... Raincloud Raincloud Raincloud

Dude! RTFM!

1. Post-Release Multiplayer

2. "the only thing we said about multiplayer was that it was in R&D"

3. "As we're getting closer to launching 'single player' Cyberpunk 2077 in Apr. 2020"

4. "once we’re done — invite you for some multiplayer action."

TL;DR - Multiplayer is a separate development that is not part of the core single-player experience. ATM, CDPR's focus is on the single-player game for launch. Multiplayer will release like a gameplay expansion similar to GTA5 being released as a full-fledged game with GTA Online being a separate multiplayer experience.

You really need to stop the knee-jerk reaction drama. It's unbecoming.

3. Re: Kung Fu Jesus Announced Redux Sep 4, 2019, 13:15 Kxmode

We used the "M" word.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2019, 13:00 Kxmode

"
The Fall of Fortnite? One major headwind for Activision Blizzard has been the wild popularity of a rival, Epic Games’ shooting-game Fortnite. Johnson estimates shooting games made up 81% of Activision’s 2018 console revenue, meaning it has been more exposed to Fortnite’s success than some of its peers.

But Johnson thinks excitement around Fortnite may soon cool off, creating a chance for Activision to regain some of its share of the shooting game market. In fact, he notes, it could even tap into Fortnite’s base of first-time shooting-game players. He said Fortnite may have introduced younger people and females to their first shooting games, and that could make it easier to attract new players to Activision’s own shooter, Call of Duty. “With Fortnite mania subsiding, we are starting to see better metrics out of Call of Duty,” he said.
"

source.

Good. Epic won't be able to maintain their astroturfed brand once their ability to do exclusives evaporates with their Fortnite profits.

News Comments >
10. Re: Kung Fu Jesus Announced Sep 3, 2019, 19:37 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 3, 2019, 19:18:
GOTJ.

Game of the Jeer?

News Comments > ArcheAge: Unchained This Month
7. Re: ArcheAge: Unchained This Month Sep 3, 2019, 18:06 Kxmode

Frijoles wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 17:26:
DrSquick wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 16:24:
One thing I really liked about this game was you could build a house in the open world, not some boring instanced area,

Except all the locations were taken when I played. That was shortly after release, though. I recall camping houses with a timer of some sort of when it might open, hoping the owner had left and not paid the bill. If that's the alternative, I'd rather have an instanced house.

That was my experience with it too. I was not too fond of the way housing was reserved land plots players raced to get. The housing system in Asheron's Call and Star Wars Galaxies was best. Quite literally, players could place their houses almost anywhere, and with enough could create a city. Plus the land was large enough in AC and SWG that you could run around and not always encounter houses.

News Comments >
7. Re: Kung Fu Jesus Announced Sep 3, 2019, 17:57 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Sep 3, 2019, 17:47:
I was quicker! XD

Wavelength!

News Comments >
5. Re: Kung Fu Jesus Announced Sep 3, 2019, 17:30 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 3, 2019, 14:33:
jesus mows my lawn, i had not idea he was also into marshal artz

Calling it "Kung Fu Mohammad" would have zero feedback amirite?

15724 Comments. 787 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo