Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11549 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
152. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 16:01 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:18:
I know that most of you guys have shit for brains, which explains the buying of JPEGs for a game that can never be done, but do try to keep up.

Chris Roberts turned me into a newt!... I got better.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

127. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 00:38 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 15:44:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 14:37:
It's so nice when the Blue's crowd gets together to celebrate new Star Citizen news.

Hugs & kisses all around, with the occasional fist up the ass.. and I only stick around because that is *exactly* my kind of party. <3

Comment of the week!

Forget about the comment. That handle is epic: Mordecai Walfish

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
22. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 8, 2016, 01:12 Kxmode

CD Projekt Red should buy the IP now! They are a perfect company to do it. They have a lot of money (worth $1B), and they are one of the few developers who also publish their games. They make fantastic games, and they have an excellent DRM-free distribution platform with GOG and Galaxy.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 01:03 Kxmode

Despite the ending of the third game I loved the ME series, however, thanks to Sean Murray's tomfoolery I am not going to preorder.

Side note, I was getting some serious Star Citizen vibes from the video. Like could this be the Squadron 42 Chris is hoping to make but likely will never achieve? Or am I looking too much into this? Feel free to correct me.

35. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 21:24 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 16:00:
They should rename it StarCitizengine.

I think Citizengine sounds better.

34. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 21:21 Kxmode

At this point, it would be cruel to beat a dead horse. So I will simply take my leave and bid you all a fond adieu. Toff  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2016, 16:22 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 07:51:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 12:30:
Steam Clamps Down On 'No Man's Sky' Refunds

I think Valve's cherry-picking of individuals for refunds who do not qualify for them based on rules they created is an unfair business practice. Those rules exist and should be applied equally to everyone. If they are not going to follow them to the letter, and in particular on a game like No Man's Sky, they should then just abolish them altogether and go on a case-by-case basis. This practice is what they do now. They should simply make it an official thing.

I think that you should stop purchasing games before they have been reviewed by at least 20 publications. Both you and this forum will be a lot happier as a result. Seriously just hide your wallet from yourself if you can't exercise willpower to purchase things sight unseen.

This is not a facetious post, you seem to legitimately have a problem with this and continue repeating past mistakes. Stop preordering, buying and/or funding games before they are released. Wait until games come out and get reviewed, problem solved. This will have the added benefit of not turning you into a cynical shell after being burned for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

It's less about having a problem exercising willpower (you have no idea how much and how many times I do). Typically, I have enough willpower to handle "Do I eat this giant cheesecake or exercise?" and make the right choice. My issue is that I take what people say at face value. It comes from a measure of trust I give professionals. If for example, my favorite band says their new album represents their best work I tend to believe them because I have no reasons to doubt their words. They haven't done or said anything in the past to give me pause. I can't do that anymore with game developers. They continue to overpromise and underdeliver over and over again. I will still continue to exercise willpower, but now I am extremely cautious of grandiose dev claims, and I'm waiting until the games are released and reviewed before buying.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2016, 20:04.

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
5. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Sep 2, 2016, 13:30 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:49:
Stop tormenting me with your TRAINS and corpse runs, damn you! Mwahaha

Trains? Zombies? I think you might be thinking about The Final Station Toff

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2016, 11:43 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 03:01:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 00:13:
Did you know Catholics love cats? Cat Holics.

*groan*

Bet you can't unsee.

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
2. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Sep 2, 2016, 11:42 Kxmode

This game is actually living up to its name.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2016, 00:13 Kxmode

Did you know Catholics love cats? Cat Holics.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 21:10 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 17:31:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 16:10:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 14:25:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 13:26:
I wanted to start a conversation about Valve's Steam return policy in general. I only mentioned No Man's Sky as a recent, infamous example; and nothing about my situation. The point is I'm not trying to inject my experience into the conversation.

Both GoG and EA have superior return policies. You could keep that in mind for future purchases.

I completely agree. It's a miracle Valve even has a return policy. But that's not my point. I'm specifically talking about Valve's decision to give refunds to some people and not to others; regardless of hours played (especially when someone had 60+ hours logged). My argument is that if their policy stipulates 2-hours or less, and 2-weeks or less then they should honor that for everyone, uniformly. That they don't, is the claim I'm making.

And my point is that you're bringing this up because it affected you directly. Ergo, you can have it not affect you directly by making a different choice next time.

It would be nice if it was one less minefield I had to deal with when buying games. But ultimately you're right. I still think Valve should be absolutely impartial with their refunds. "Dems the rules!" as they say to those requesting outside the limitation. But I think "no preorders" is going to save myself and a bunch of people from situations like No Man's Sky.

Good points. Thanks for keeping it civil.

News Comments > BT Steamed at Valve: Suing
19. Re: BT Steamed at Valve: Suing Sep 1, 2016, 19:42 Kxmode

Shame that people can quite literally steal another person's work and claim it as their own, and yet this stuff continues to walk the tightrope of frivolity. The law only works for those with lots of money. Us little people have no hope of justice, even when morality and ethics scream for it.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 16:10 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 14:25:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 13:26:
I wanted to start a conversation about Valve's Steam return policy in general. I only mentioned No Man's Sky as a recent, infamous example; and nothing about my situation. The point is I'm not trying to inject my experience into the conversation.

Both GoG and EA have superior return policies. You could keep that in mind for future purchases.

I completely agree. It's a miracle Valve even has a return policy. But that's not my point. I'm specifically talking about Valve's decision to give refunds to some people and not to others; regardless of hours played (especially when someone had 60+ hours logged). My argument is that if their policy stipulates 2-hours or less, and 2-weeks or less then they should honor that for everyone, uniformly. That they don't, is the claim I'm making.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 13:33 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 13:14:
[url=https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=174282&id=1097537&view=threads]
It only concerns you because of your previous post. YOU PLAYED 40+ hours, get over it.[/url]

When your brain returns to earth then perhaps we can have a meaningful dialog. In the meantime, if you need more context read my comment below.

Side note. I don't recommend using BluesNews' forum links since they tend to break the link code. Instead try using a site like ow.ly. For example, This is the link you were trying to create.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 13:26 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 12:36:
I mean, no business enforces or applies rules equally to everyone.

And, at this point, Valve's rules make sense. No one is buying NMS based on "false promises" now. The hype of how much the game was lacking has easily exceeded the hype of how wonderful it would be. So returns should be made solely for the game actually not running. You know that prior to two hours.

You make excellent points, and I agree about uniform enforcement. However, most businesses are typically more strict about how they enforce their returns policy, and they very rarely deviate from the corporate policy. In other words, and for example, Target's refund policy dictates if purchases qualify. If they don't, employees won't take them back. There's no leeway on this. In contrast, and the point of this conversion is that I have no idea what generosity drives a Valve employee to issue refunds to players who had 60+ hours on a game like No Man's Sky. That's why I think they should be strict on their return policy. If the product warrants flexibility, then they should apply that flexibility to everyone, not just the handful.

Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 12:36:
You can't return a book after reading it, or a movie after watching it, just because you don't like it. You can't return a steak after eating it. Exceptions are made to all these rules, as no rules are ever applied equally, but there's something weird about trying to return something after you consume it.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 13:05 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 12:37:
WAKEY WAKEY,
You played 40+ hours of the game, YOU DON'T QUALIFY FOR A REFUND in this or any other universe.

Considering I was specifically talking about Valve's unfairness with their refund policy and never once mentioned myself, I think something is wrong with your comprehension. I believe this course on Udemy would help you learn how to listen to a conversion.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2016, 12:30 Kxmode

Steam Clamps Down On 'No Man's Sky' Refunds

I think Valve's cherry-picking of individuals for refunds who do not qualify for them based on rules they created is an unfair business practice. Those rules exist and should be applied equally to everyone. If they are not going to follow them to the letter, and in particular on a game like No Man's Sky, they should then just abolish them altogether and go on a case-by-case basis. This practice is what they do now. They should simply make it an official thing.

General Discussion > Steptember
1. Steptember Sep 1, 2016, 00:24 Kxmode

I start Steptember tomorrow today!

For the month of September, I'm going to try and hit 10,000 steps per day to help raise money for United Cerebral Palsy (and because I know you want to know, 10,000 steps is about 5 miles). I put up $55 of my money to start, and I'm hoping to get sponsors. Does anyone want to sponsor me? You get to see how well I'm doing and yell at me if I'm too lazy. It's not like you don't do it now, but now you can yell at me for a good cause, and I won't even mind!

Here's the URL to be my sponsor http://bit.ly/2bTkhGT

Lastly, If Steptember doesn't let supporters see stats, then I'll be sure to post them here.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2016, 01:05.

General Discussion > BN display on mobile
17. Re: removed Sep 1, 2016, 00:22 Kxmode

Sent email

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2016, 00:44.

11549 Comments. 578 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo