Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13190 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
63. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 30, 2017, 03:40 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 20:05:
I feel this move is a shameless cash grab and exactly what I'd expect from a publisher like EA. For them to be announcing this so shortly after the loot box debacle is absurd.

Chris' has a big pair of gravitas.

Also, this is why selling markers for land that doesn't yet exist appear to work with backers. None of them appear to ask any questions.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3?page=1&sort=hot

The community is behind it. I think at this point they'll get behind ANYTHING Chris pitches, which is precisely why Chris was happy to not go to VCs. They would've had all kinds of questions about this move. The least of which would've been, "is this within the scope of the original pitch?" The answer is obvious.

I got sucked into purchasing virtual land claims with EverQuest Next Landmark. Then it became Landmark. Then it got canceled. Daybreak still has my $99.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
20. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 30, 2017, 03:35 Kxmode

EA should stop talking. They keep creating their own PR nightmare. Side question. Do you think they'll boast about their top Reddit achievement at the next quarterly meeting?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

19. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 30, 2017, 03:30 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 20:51:
What fools.

Whether it's Witcher Star Wars, Mass Effect Star Wars, Dead Space Star Wars... we don't give a fuck. People just want a AAA single-player Star Wars (C)RPG. Come the fuck on.

With microtransactions for cosmetic and vanity add-ons, it would work. If people want to buy polka dot rainbow striped lightsabre skins for $20, let them! That how you make a buck off people by giving them what they want without breaking the core game for greedy reasons. The sad fact is EA filled to the brim with brilliant people, but they do not collectively understand the basic needs of their customers. There's no conclusion other than EA is run by greedy blind idiots. I am not including the lower and middle tiered employees; just the upper management.

I have to say between EA and Star Citizen this has been the most popcornist week yet. Popcorn

16. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Nov 30, 2017, 03:09 Kxmode

Translation: There's no way to monetize the tomfoolery out of this game. Personally, I want a linear Star Wars game running on the Frostbite engine. Besides most games aren't 100% linear. They have the main quest/mission, but there are side quests. That's 2012 and 2017. It's not that EA is clueless, it just the gall of them to them we are gullible not to see through their greed is simultaneously shocking and not shocking.  

56. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 29, 2017, 18:34 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 17:52:
At the beginning I had the thought that Roberts actually does have Venture Capital tied up in this, he just didn't want to admit it because people would (rightfully) be worried that morons in suits would be dictating gameplay.

Or VCs would ask the kind of questions Chris doesn't want to answer. Apparently backers aren't VCs and they don't ask the same questions. Chris is okay with this. Don't ask; don't tell.

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
43. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Nov 29, 2017, 18:31 Kxmode

Gojo wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:59:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 13:59:
Domestic abuser still wants his wife back

Perfect metaphor!

EA: *beating customer* why won't you love me?! *beating customer* I'm too good to you!

42. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 18:30 Kxmode

Timmeh wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 18:24:
There should be NO LOOT BOXES IN A GAME YOU PAY 60-129 BUCKS FOR!!!

SCREW YOU EA

Correction: There should be no loot boxes for core gameplay mechanics in a game you pay 60-129 bucks for. Key difference.

53. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 17:22 Kxmode

If people want land to park their spaceship, just use Photoshop or GIMP: https://i.imgur.com/cFtY45S.jpg

This is free!

52. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 17:10 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 15:25:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 15:06:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:56:
Chris Roberts is showing EA how it's done!

And Star Citizen backers is showing gamers how it's done!

Again, dont go putting all backers into the same basket. I did not back this game with ships buying or any other dumbass monetized items. I only backed the game to buy a copy of the game at the time as did many of us that are now getting dragged down with the ship.

Us original backers thought we were going to get a space flight sim game in an open world environment. Not this abomination its turned into now.

You say that like I wasn't an original backer.

35. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 15:06 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:56:
Chris Roberts is showing EA how it's done!

And Star Citizen backers is showing gamers how it's done!

29. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 14:49 Kxmode

"We're really watching how people are playing the game. We're trying to understand are there certain modes where MTX may be more interesting than not? What are the consumers saying about it? How are the consumers playing the game? What do the metrics look like? We're learning and listening to the community to decide how best to roll that out in the future."

Hey, EA! The metrics and analytics you're looking at are tainted. You're looking at a game designed from the beginning with MTX. You might want to consult another company, like ArenaNet or Blizzard, to see how they handle successful MTX. As someone who purchases items in games here's a nickel's worth of free advice.

1. Don't gate core gameplay mechanics behind a paywall.
2. Always make in-game purchases purely cosmetic and vanity.
3. A $60 game changes customer expectations. In other words, don't think what works for a free mobile app will work for a full-priced game.
4. ASK your customers what they really want, and then find a way to make that work for your business model; not the other way around.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2017, 15:03.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2017, 14:39 Kxmode

Net Neutrality is suppose to give ISPs the freedom to innovate not the freedom to censor content and throttle speeds behind paywalls.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
66. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 14:31 Kxmode

Good! This will teach EA or it won't. I suspect that it won't and EA will still try to battle on towards oblivion. When EA dies this will be a great day for the video game industry as a whole!  

29. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 14:20 Kxmode

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:20:
Star Citizen Gamers are so dumb

FTFY

28. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 14:18 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 13:41:
Up next: Selling virtual bridges.

A great choice for the trolls!

26. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 14:12 Kxmode

Chris Roberts: "4) NO Pay2Win - You should never be able to buy anything with real money that you can't buy in with in game credits. Once fully live SC in-game items will only be purchasable with in-game credits. There will even be some items you can ONLY earn by playing / flying missions. All you will be able to spend money on that is gameplay related would be buying some in-game credits as you don't want or don't have enough time to earn the credits you need for your contemplated purchase. We'll cap purchase of in-game credits to avoid someone unbalancing the game / economy. Finally as I point out above skill will always play a factor - there will be no "magic spaceship of death" that will sweep all before it, so while you may have bought a more expensive spaceship / weapon a better pilot can still beat you (this is where people with lots of time get an advantage as they'll have spent a lot more time honing their combat skills!)." April 2013

----

Typically beta data is wiped out at launch to give everyone an even playing field. So how in the world is CIG going to handle OP players at launch? SC reeks of the worse kind of pay to win system. Up there with EA's shenanigans. Why don't the SC whales see this?

26. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 13:59 Kxmode

Domestic abuser still wants his wife back  

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2017, 01:13 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 18:31:
No way Disney would ever give anyone favorable terms on a property they own. If a company is doing their property harm, which EA is doing, they damn sure have the right to terminate that contract whenever they wish. That's the only reason EA put it on hiatus to begin with. Bob Iger called them and told them to knock it off or they'd lose their contract.

It goes beyond that. Disney has a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to protect and maintain value. If one of their properties is suffering damage, then they can take immediate action. While EA's shareholders will be upset because their cash cow got murdered, Disney's shareholders are going to be angry because their cash cow got terrible PR before the film opens.

News Comments > etc.
22. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2017, 01:09 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 16:58:
I laugh when people are trying to pander to Disney to snub EA. They are both from the same cloth. Maybe they will, but don't think Disney is some type of moral consumer high ground.

There's a HUGE difference between Disney and EA. Firstly, Disney at least cares about their properties and takes steps as hegemonic as they are to protect the quality of their properties. It's one of the reasons the Marvel and Pixar films are so popular. Secondly, Disney OWNS Star Wars. They are not pressed for time like EA is. EA's multi-year contract expires in 5 years. This looming deadline is likely one of the reasons they canceled the Visceral project. EA only care about maximizing their profit.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc Nov 28, 2017, 01:01 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:57:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:14:
Creston wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 14:02:
Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 12:27:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 12:21:
I wonder if that Petition is actually going to do something.. even if 1 million people signed it.

I highly doubt their contract has a clause that the license can be revoked if 1 million people sign a petition.

Haha, yeah. I'm fairly sure EA has a pretty ironclad contract with Disney. So while Disney can undoubtedly exert some influence over EA's Star Wars fiasco(s), I don't think they can just yank the license away.

Well, I mean, I'm sure they CAN, if they don't mind going to court and having to pay a shit ton of money in penalties.
It's the other way around with Disney having the ironclad contract with EA.
https://www.forbes.com/companies/walt-disney/
vs
https://www.forbes.com/companies/electronic-arts/

It would be funny if Disney acquired EA, then in two years they EA'd EA.

Don't give us hope!

Yeah. Give us a new hope.

13190 Comments. 660 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo