Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description If you actually understand Genesis 1:1 that is the beginning of wisdom.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12075 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 17:22 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:00:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 15:44:
Amazing how you all keep talking about political stuff on a video game site. It's almost as silly as a Christian talking about Bible stuff on a video game site, amirite? Wacko

Meh, those Christian conversations tended to be pretty one-sided...

Studying the Bible kind of gives someone the ability to do that, just like discussing math with a mathematician gives them the ability to handle the subject well. Also, I wouldn't call it a conversation if it tends to descend into personal attacks. I don't mind discussing the Bible and Christianity with people but when it turns hostile then I'm good. Anyhow, the point of my cheeky comment is to say most of you have "kindly" asked me not to discussion the Bible, Religion, or Christianity on this site because it's about video games (a worthy point). So in kind, I would ask you all not to discuss politics because, again, this site is about video games. That seems fair to me.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise
16. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:50 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 05:00:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 04:52:
I get why they picked the Enterprise. However I personally would have liked to see the Defiant; it's a tough little ship.

LITTLE?!

Perhaps today is a good day to die. PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

15. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:49 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 22:12:
EDIT: Ah, cool, it says you can play as just a solo captain.

How can that be? Solo was the captain of the Millennium Falcon!

4. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:44 Kxmode

Amazing how you all keep talking about political stuff on a video game site. It's almost as silly as a Christian talking about Bible stuff on a video game site, amirite? Wacko  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
32. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:35 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 13:58:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:44:
It sounds like your assessment comes from personal experience and less from how they manage their products in the market. As far as I'm concerned as long as companies I've invested in as a shareholder are making profits legally and have some corporate governance and (or) responsibility then they're fine by me. Still, I think laying off staff after having a record quarter is uncool.

That's an exceedingly immoral position for someone who fancies himself an Xtian. Or are you once of those Trump phony Xtians who equates money and power with god. Yeah, who would Jesus fuck over for a buck? It would be comical if wasn't so sad that most atheists and agnostics are far, far more moral than most religious types who claim to be.

In indifference to your comment, I will simply tell you that I am living like no one else now so that I can live like no one else later. I will let you try and figure out what that means since you "know" me so well.

Beamer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 13:02:
He has one share.

You're right. I have one share of ATVI. However, indirectly via several funds, I mutually benefit from $728 million worth of shares, or roughly 19.5 million. In other words, the couple bucks I made on that one share pales in comparison with what I made elsewhere.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2017, 15:45.

15. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 04:01 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:58:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:44:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 23:03:
Yeah but GabeN is just indifferent whereas Nodick is outright evil.

It sounds like your assessment comes from personal experience and less from how they manage their products in the market. As far as I'm concerned as long as companies I've invested in as a shareholder are making profits legally and have some corporate governance and (or) responsibility then they're fine by me. Still, I think laying off staff after having a record quarter is uncool.

it sounds like your assessment comes from wanting everyone to know you are a shareholder and (or) a big deal. still, i think the post where you already mentioned that fact was more than enough

Did I ruffle your feathers? Confused

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 00:50 Kxmode

Holy macaroni! ATVI (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) jumped up $7.50 per share today! That one share I bought at $45 is now worth $47.23 Dance

Swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck!

The fund with nVidia increased $0.90 per NAV share. Nice!

12. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 00:44 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 23:03:
Yeah but GabeN is just indifferent whereas Nodick is outright evil.

8. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 21:00 Kxmode

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 20:46:
This company is a cancer in the gaming industry. A large chunk of those profits were from microtransactions (e.g. gambling boxes).

They are and as a shareholder I expect them to make profit from their products. They don't run a charity case. It's a business. That being said if they make profit I think it's uncool to lay people off.

45. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 20:57 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 19:50:
And don't forget.

Never!

43. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 19:47 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:35:
"Ah, still alive! This is very good. She'll be an obedient slave to Master, Khan."

Still. Old. Friend! You've managed to kill just about everyone else, but like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 10, 2017, 19:42 Kxmode

Nice!!! nVidia is one of the top 5 holdings in one of my mutual funds. Dance  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 19:35 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 15:48:
Shoveling snow is particularly risky:
1. It is often done by people that do little other working out.
2. The exercise increases heart rate and blood pressure.
3. The cold forces the closure of external capillaries further increasing your blood pressure.

And of course, there's the occasional falling... for nine seconds.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
33. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 19:21 Kxmode

Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 18:43:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 17:09:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 15:58:
Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:03:
$100 hasn't reduced the amount of trash you see in the iOS app store. But I imagine $5,000 will almost entirely eliminate the one-man-part-time indie dev from publishing anything.

There must be a middle ground that'll work for devs and gamers alike.

The downside is that might eliminate the Eric Barones and Stardew Valleys indie projects.

So, Stardew Valley has an estimated revenue of $25M. He would have made back his $5K easily, like within the first 10 minutes his game was on sale.

It's unlikely he would have ever put it in the store if he was asked to pay 5K in the first place. He had no idea he struck gold until the hype started, after it was in the store.

100% this. Charging $5,000 is a barrier to entry for most indie devs. SDV was a huge exception. It only became a hit because it found life on a platform like Steam. A $5,000 fee, when there's no guarantee of success, would make someone like Eric Barone think twice about releasing on Steam. Scratch that. If indie devs know it costs $5,000 upfront to get their project on Steam, they may not put forth the effort to make the game in the first place. I don't mind Steam making changes; I just don't want them to stifle new developers and their projects and ultimately never allow gems like SDV to exist. As much as I hate crowdfunding and early access, conversely I love well made indie games.

1. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 10, 2017, 19:15 Kxmode

Business Suit: We had a profitable year. Records were shattered!
Employee: Awesome!
Business Suit: That's why we need to lay you off.
Employee: Nice! Wait. What?

4. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 19:11 Kxmode

yada yada dilithium crystals.

Something something something prime directive. Something something something Klingons.

3. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise Feb 10, 2017, 19:03 Kxmode

Will Ryker Include Original Enterprise? Remember, he won't go back. The Borg control everything. Starfleet is gone!

33. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2017, 17:05 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 12:03:
Cthulhu

Oh, noes! Agent-Zero used the dreaded Cthulhu emoji. You're in for it now RedEye! Wacko

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct
16. Re: Steam Greenlight Giving Way to Steam Direct Feb 10, 2017, 15:58 Kxmode

Bundy wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 14:03:
$100 hasn't reduced the amount of trash you see in the iOS app store. But I imagine $5,000 will almost entirely eliminate the one-man-part-time indie dev from publishing anything.

There must be a middle ground that'll work for devs and gamers alike.

The downside is that might eliminate the Eric Barones and Stardew Valleys indie projects.

30. Re: On Sale Feb 9, 2017, 23:18 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 16:05:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:48:
Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 12:12:
That is effing INSANE!!

It IS a tumah!

I accept your challenge and raise you...a cookie!

How can I raise a cookie if you keep telling me to put it down?!

12075 Comments. 604 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo