Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11741 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Abandon Ship Announced
1. Re: Abandon Ship Announced Nov 3, 2016, 12:42 Kxmode

: The Chris Roberts Story  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
16. Re: Steam Screenshot Policy Change? Nov 2, 2016, 20:05 Kxmode

Screenshots fired!  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
43. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Nov 1, 2016, 02:31 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 22:07:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 21:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 19:46:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:46:
Never implied they broke their game. I simply said not including support for mods from the original Skyrim is a mistake. :)
Mods are not the responsibility of Bethesda. If they get broke, it's up to the mod maker to fix his or her mod.

As someone who made a WOW addon, I found your statement to be half true. Absolutely, it is incumbent upon mod authors to keep their mods updated. However, it's also up to the developers not to radically change their engine. Blizzard at least keeps addon devs in the loop via the PTR, and alpha and beta servers for upcoming expansions. AFAIK Beth didn't do this for mod devs.

According to the guys who work on the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (which was available in an SE version day one), at least some mod makers had two weeks of a beta period to get their stuff ready for the launch.

Good to know. Thanks!

39. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 21:19 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 19:46:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:46:
Never implied they broke their game. I simply said not including support for mods from the original Skyrim is a mistake. :)
Mods are not the responsibility of Bethesda. If they get broke, it's up to the mod maker to fix his or her mod.

As someone who made a WOW addon, I found your statement to be half true. Absolutely, it is incumbent upon mod authors to keep their mods updated. However, it's also up to the developers not to radically change their engine. Blizzard at least keeps addon devs in the loop via the PTR, and alpha and beta servers for upcoming expansions. AFAIK Beth didn't do this for mod devs.

News Comments > Origin Coming Back to Myanmar
11. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 21:03 Kxmode

Jivaro wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 19:05:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:42:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 15:54:
One day, gabe newell is going to pass away and the guy who takes over for him will sell Steam to Microsoft.

Facebook because after they conquer VR, they'll want to take over the PC video games distribution market.

Amazon or Google Play would have been my first choices if Valve was sold, but Facebook is hard to argue against. Infinite money to outbid everyone if nothing else.

Plus Facebook has over 1 billion active users versus the active 125 million for Steam. That's a HUGE number of people to distribute to. It would only help make discount sales awesome.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2016, 21:22.

News Comments > Obduction VR Released
2. Re: Obduction VR Released Oct 31, 2016, 20:59 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 20:01:
No idea why 3rd party companies are releasing products only on the (as of right now) inferior VR solution.

It is possible the "inferior VR solution" has easier API tools.

32. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 18:46 Kxmode

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 16:13:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 16:03:
I don't know much about game development but I think not retroactively supporting mods from the original Skyrim is a big mistake. Most people are dependent on them. Taking them away breaks the UX for many.

Are you positive that the changes of going from 32 bit to 64 bit aren't the problem? You make it sound like they intentionally broke things.

Never implied they broke their game. I simply said not including support for mods from the original Skyrim is a mistake.

9. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 18:42 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 15:54:
One day, gabe newell is going to pass away and the guy who takes over for him will sell Steam to Microsoft.

Facebook because after they conquer VR, they'll want to take over the PC video games distribution market.

8. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 18:36 Kxmode

Someone's getting fired.  

19. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 16:03 Kxmode

I don't much about game development but I think not retroactively supporting mods from the original Skyrim is a big mistake. Most people are dependent on them. Taking them away breaks the UX for many.  

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
37. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 31, 2016, 10:51 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 14:19:
Rosco wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 14:58:
Uwe Boll is the modern equivalent of Ed Wood, Bert I. Gordon and Roger Corman.

No. No, he really isn't.

This.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Oct 31, 2016, 10:44 Kxmode

Jivaro wrote on Oct 29, 2016, 11:31:
Where as I was thinking "too many 'games'"....

Looking through a Steam sale these days is basically flipping through 4 to 5 pages of 49 cent trash..every time.

What are you talking about? I picked up Dreamfall Chapters (67% off) and Firewatch (40% off). AFAIK they are not horror games.

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
24. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 10:40 Kxmode

Business as usual. Nothing to see here.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2016, 02:15 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2016, 12:50:
Chocolate cures my UTI's

Chocolate also cures sadness. Science. Facts.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 29, 2016, 02:14 Kxmode

Too many games! Crazy  

34. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 27, 2016, 12:12 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 19:41:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 26, 2016, 18:30:
One down. A few more to go.
Yeah, lets hope Abrams is next.

I was thinking Michael Bay. That man has singlehandedly ruined my childhood (e.g. Transformers, TMNT, etc).

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Oct 27, 2016, 12:10 Kxmode

VR still feels like an expensive fad (like 3D televisions). It still has no killer app, and desperately needs one if Facebook, Valve, and HTC want more widespread adoption. But, that's my opinion, and I've been known to be wrong more than a few times.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2016, 18:33 Kxmode

Christopher Marlowe remains Anonymous no more. It's about time.  

24. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 18:30 Kxmode

One down. A few more to go.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2016, 04:08 Kxmode

My 1 share of Activision-Blizzard is doing well. I made 14 whole cents!

Actually, bought the share so I could be a shareholder, so that, as a shareholder, I could be invited to shareholder meetings where I can ask the powers that be why Blizzard doesn't want... actually, it doesn't matter.

11741 Comments. 588 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo