Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:- Hide Users on BluesNews- Min Price Filter for SteamDB- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On September 24, 2003
Founding Supporter Gold, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 16822 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide Arena Shutting Down Next Month

2. Re: PlanetSide Arena Shutting Down Next Month Dec 13, 2019, 22:09  Kxmode 

It's pretty sad when a game still in early access is shutting down. But I guess that's a good thing. Daybreak probably realized from the reception that there was little chance they would be able to put in a larger audience for it to be sustainable.

This is the second game in Daybreak's history to such down before release. The first was EverQuest Next and EQ Landmark. Daybreak shut down Next and turned Landmark into a Minecraft clone. Ever since they left SOE, Daybreak's track record has been abysmal.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: The Game Awards Spawns The Game Festival Demos Dec 12, 2019, 21:04  Kxmode 

Cutter wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 19:15:
Why would I be trolling? There's way more people and things in this world I don't know or haven't done than those I do or have done. Stating I'm not into Japanese games is a pretty big clue.

Because you visit BluesNews daily, it's a video game news site. Both Geoff and Hideo have been mentioned at least a dozen times over the past decade in news headlines. But if you didn't know then my apologies.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Evening Interviews

5. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 12, 2019, 16:34  Kxmode 

Here's the audio recording if you want to listen to it. Right off the bat, George outright blames Microsoft and Sony for the lack of NPD (New Product Development means the complete process of bringing a new product to market... aka nextgen consoles). CFO James Bell came out the gate with the same blame game. "The decline was more than we originally expected, as the depth and breadth of the industrywide slowdown reflects a highly penetrated console market." Both of these guys are clueless. They are waiting for customers to come to them instead of going to them, and they're using the current gen consoles as the excuse. For example, they could have been a prime sponsored for The Game Awards to get more exposure.  

News Comments > The Game Awards Spawns The Game Festival Demos

11. Re: The Game Awards Spawns The Game Festival Demos Dec 12, 2019, 14:40  Kxmode 

NKD wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 11:28:
Why would Sean Murray prostrate himself before you when everyone else seems to have moved on?

You invoke this "open wound" suffered by "millions" but there probably aren't even a hundred people who care as much as you do about seeing Sean Murray grovel and beg for forgiveness.

Please. It's not just me...

- 12/8/19: Frontier's forums "What the launch proved for me wasn't that Sean Murray lied (he didn't -... ... Yeah, that blatant liar, he also lied about offline mode, space legs and atmospheric"
- 12/2/19: Steam Forums "No man's sky was because of the very public lies and promises made by Sean Murray about what was already in the game" ... "doesnt change the fact that they had liars running the pr"
- 11/16/19: Yahoo "Hello Games encountered a lot of hardship during development. Their studio actually flooded towards the end of development so they lost a lot of data. But that doesn't excuse lying."
- 9/3/19: Quora "No Man's Sky is currently the current“comeback game” so far. The issue was ... Sean Murray is a liar and so are the majority of his staff, I would imagine."
- 7/5/19: Yahoo "I think No Man's Sky went the wrong way when they started to promise ..... what you have and what you will deliver you won't get away from being called a liar."
- 5/14/19: Escapist "The gaming public branded Murray a liar"
- 4/2/19: This entire thread on the r/Games subreddit
- and on and on...

Nowhere near the number of people call out BioWare and Bethesda for lying as much as have against Sean Murray and Hello Games.

News Comments > Fortnite Getting Annual Battle Pass?

3. Re: Fortnite Getting Annual Battle Pass? Dec 12, 2019, 14:11  Kxmode 

Gotta make more money selling those ripped-off dance moves for $5 a pop to keep the Epic Games Store exclusivity warchest well funded, amirite?  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2019, 14:09  Kxmode 

Cutter wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 11:45:
Who is Geoff Kneightly? Keira's brother or something? And while the Hideo name sounds vaguely familiar I have zero idea who he is either - perhaps because I have zero interest in Japanese games. And shouldn't a GOTY be something that most everyone has heard of and, you know, actually played?

I think you're trolling us

News Comments > First Epic Games Store Exclusives Ending

52. Re: First Epic Games Store Exclusives Ending Dec 12, 2019, 14:04  Kxmode 

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 11:07:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 09:12:
Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2019, 20:51:
So you have all your games in one place, regardless of shop. Got it.

I see where you're going and the answer is I still don't like Epic's exclusivity nonsense.

Yes, we know, but both reasons you gave were bullshit. You're allowed to dislike things for reasons you cannot articulate or are not rational. Just making sure it's clear that's where we are. Which, again, is fine.

I've consistently articulated the reasons why I dislike EGS exclusivity (ad nauseam) AND I also like Galaxy's game consolidation feature. I can be for Galaxy AND against Epic's exclusivity. They are not mutually inclusive. You're jumping to conclusions.

4. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 12, 2019, 13:57  Kxmode 

Yup. Smoke and mirrors. It's funny how he's telling investors exactly what they're doing. That's boneheaded if you ask me.  

News Comments > MS Declares Halo: Reach PC Launch a Blockbuster

11. Re: MS Declares Halo: Reach PC Launch a Blockbuster Dec 12, 2019, 13:51  Kxmode 

I wonder if they could make those claims if it were exclusive on the Epic store.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Comeback?

12. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Comeback? Dec 12, 2019, 13:44  Kxmode 

I need to create.

May I suggest finger painting or building a medieval theme park?

9. Re: The Game Awards Spawns The Game Festival Demos Dec 12, 2019, 10:57  Kxmode 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 10:12:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 02:35:
Seeing No Man's Sky in the list boils my blood. Sean Murray's deliberate lies helped build a financial foundation so that the game could iterate to where what it is today is what it should have been at launch in 2016 (it should have launched as an early access title for $30). No honor for that trash and the people behind it.

I'm not sure what more you can ask, the NMS team have continually done major updates for the game and just released a pretty big content patch like... 2 weeks ago? They have not abandoned the game, and publicly admitted they oversold it before release. They made mistakes, but have done their best to correct those mistakes.

The actual game itself seems to be in a nice spot at the moment, it's dramatically better than when I got it during the initial (oh shit it's buggy as hell, let's release it on major sale) phase.

I want Sean Murray to properly apologizes. Instead he/the company went Filip Miucin* in their response. A proper apology is a HUGE step. First, Sean finally acknowledges for once that what he did was ethically and morally wrong (even his friend Geoff Keighley called it lying and disrespecting the fans). Second, a proper apology provides closure to an open wound for the millions who supported the game before its launch. It's aggravating to see the game thrive and even be nominated for an award only because the game was able to get to that state off the millions it made from a broad foundation of lies.

*in case the memory is lost

News Comments > First Epic Games Store Exclusives Ending

49. Re: First Epic Games Store Exclusives Ending Dec 12, 2019, 09:12  Kxmode 

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2019, 20:51:
So you have all your games in one place, regardless of shop. Got it.

I see where you're going and the answer is I still don't like Epic's exclusivity nonsense.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2019, 09:02  Kxmode 

mark gil wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 04:57:
"The human appetite for animal flesh is a driving force behind virtually every major category of environmental damage now threatening the human future - deforestation, erosion, fresh water scarcity, air and water pollution, climate change, biodiversity loss, social injustice, the destabilization of communities and the spread of disease." -- The World Watch Institute

Well, considering humans received permission to consume meat after the Flood by the Almighty Himself, I call that statement woefully ignorant.

(Genesis 9:2) A fear of you and a terror of you will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon every flying creature of the heavens, upon everything that moves on the ground and upon all the fish of the sea. They are now given into your hand.

(Genesis 9:3) Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you

(Genesis 9:4) Only flesh with its life — its blood — you must not eat.

The likely reason for this permission relates to the continuous degeneration from human imperfection since Adam and Eve (Romans 5:12). By Noah's day humans had reached a point where something their bodies could produce on its own by consuming vegetation was no longer be possible. Meat provided those essential nutrients. Case in point, I remember reading (or was it a video; don't recall which) a vegan said she went to her doctor for an exam, and her doctor discovered she became severely deficient in B12. They tried pills and nuts. However, nothing was working. He told her she would have to eat meat like chicken or fish. So she did that and recovered very quickly.

6. Re: The Game Awards Spawns The Game Festival Demos Dec 12, 2019, 08:43  Kxmode 

NKD wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 08:40:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 02:35:
Seeing No Man's Sky in the list boils my blood. Sean Murray's deliberate lies helped build a financial foundation so that the game could iterate to where what it is today is what it should have been at launch in 2016 (it should have launched as an early access title for $30). No honor for that trash and the people behind it.

LOL. Even posts without No Man's Sky written anywhere in them...

Because I visited the site and looked at the list of nominees under the various categories. Did you?

2. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 12, 2019, 03:32  Kxmode 

Here's a perfect example of the mindset of millennials that drives home the point of how they shop. Most did not buy boxed cereals because they didn't want to clean the bowl. So Kelloggs and other cereal makers started producing ready-to-eat single-serving packages. Just add milk, nom-nom, and throw away. THAT'S what GameStop has to compete against. Changed human behavior that doesn't work for their business model, not a fading console generation.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2019, 08:44.

1. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 12, 2019, 03:11  Kxmode 

"This is not uniquely a GameStop issue," he said to investors during the call. "This is a console issue, and consoles are the trigger point for our industry. With generation nine consoles on the horizon...those anticipated releases in late 2020 are putting pressure on the current generation of consoles and related games as consumers wait for new technologies and publishers address their software delivery plans."

That's not the problem. The problem is multifaceted.

- Online stores (e.g. Amazon) and digital distribution (e.g. Steam; PSN; Xbox Live) is the new norm for PC and consoles. Most don't buy physical media. That has nothing to do with the console generation. Even more so when the nextgens come out they will have full-featured online stores to buy games.

- Gamestop has no brand recognition among millennials who play games like Fortnite (only available on Epic's game launcher or live services like PSN and Xbox Live).

- PC games dominate most Twitch, Mixer, Caffeine, Mirrativ, and Youtube Gaming streams.

- PC conversion. A decade ago, "PC master race" was a novelty saying, now it comes with bragging rights via social media and streaming services. Many millennials are growing up seeing their streaming idols playing PC games, and they want to copy what they have.

- GameStop still sells games like they did 20 years ago. Their stores mostly carry used physical media. Many publishers are moving away from that in favor of digital because it's cheaper to produce.

- GameStop needs to understand the region. Large metropolitan areas with access to broadband and numerous ISPs provide easy access to online and digital download purchases. They would be better off servicing regions where broadband isn't readily available or too expensive. As the saying goes, "location, location, location."

- GameStop sells nothing exclusive. They lack a "killer app" to draw people to their store.

People are STILL buying console games. They are just not buying them at GameStop.

Here's the problem with George Sherman. Guessing by his Linkedin profile (attended Saint Michael's College B.A. Business in 1979 likely around 18), he's probably over 50. His background is Target, Mervyns, Home Depot, Best Buy, Advance Auto Parts, and Verizon. He's a corporate-path career-minded individual, and it's reasonable to conclude, not a gamer. So how would he know from where young people, a fraction of his age, purchase their games? He would only know that if he was a gamer in the thick of it, always on top of what young people are doing, and not staying reliant on some corporate stooge to tell him the zeitgeist. In other words, if he wants to understand his customers, he needs to be a customer and do the things they do.

News Comments > 2019 Steam Awards: Outstanding Visual Style Nominees

2. Re: 2019 Steam Awards: Outstanding Visual Style Nominees Dec 12, 2019, 02:40  Kxmode 

I prefer Steam's Game Awards. Outside of the GOYT, the categories are unique. Fans do the voting.  

3. Re: The Game Awards Spawns The Game Festival Demos Dec 12, 2019, 02:35  Kxmode 

41. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2019, 02:22  Kxmode 

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 00:36:
ventry wrote on Dec 11, 2019, 22:45:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 11, 2019, 21:46:
ventry wrote on Dec 11, 2019, 18:06:
PEDOPHRASTY:

Argument involving children to prop up a rationalization and make the opponent look like an asshole, as people are defenseless and suspend all skepticism in front of suffering children: Nobody has the heart to question the authenticity or source of the reporting. Often done with the aid of pictures.

"Please don't bring in kids to incite empathy that's Pedeophastry. Talk facts"

I believe the word you're looking for is pederasty. But do carry on; it's quite humorous.

Nope.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pedophrasty
Because the urban dictionary is a credible source?

Fact: if it's not in Merriam-Webster, it's not an English word.

40. removed Dec 12, 2019, 02:17  Kxmode 

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 12, 2019, 08:03.

16822 Comments. 842 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >