Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16789 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Get POSTAL 2 for Free

11. Re: Get POSTAL 2 for Free Dec 16, 2019, 19:11 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 18:58:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 18:50:
Time to watch Falling Down again.

Or just go straight to the heat of the meat and watch "Downfall" =p

TIL Hitler is Michael Douglas on a really bad day.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2019, 19:07 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 18:57:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 18:53:
Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 12:03:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 11:53:
Even if they fixed the planes, that plane's rep is ruined. Boeing should just scrap it, and move on to another plane built from the ground up with safety as the key feature.
Doing so is cost prohibitive and would take the better part of a decade.

Isn't that what lead to problems with those planes?

That's why they chose to modify a 50 year old design instead of build a new one. Less cost getting it certified. But the redesigned plane is not airworthy due to the changes they made. Gov't should have caught it, but FAA has been outsourcing its testing to... uh, Boeing.

Actually, they've been outsourcing its testing to the general public.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2019, 19:05 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 18:56:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 18:53:

Why don't you stop worrying about planes you'll never fly on and worry instead about the animals you made homeless in the middle of winter. It's on you to fix that and take care of them. As the old saying goes,'God favors the compassionate. And there's a special Hell reserved for those who are cruel to animals and children.'

I've got 99 problems, but now a birch ain't one of em.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2019, 18:55 Kxmode

Hope your doctor doesn't give you the schtick  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2019, 18:53 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 12:03:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 11:53:
Even if they fixed the planes, that plane's rep is ruined. Boeing should just scrap it, and move on to another plane built from the ground up with safety as the key feature.
Doing so is cost prohibitive and would take the better part of a decade.

News Comments > Get POSTAL 2 for Free

7. Re: Get POSTAL 2 for Free Dec 16, 2019, 18:50 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 15:49:
Go Postal for nothing!

"Spend the holidays running around killing innocent people! Let their screams jingle in the near year."

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2019, 11:53 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 10:11:
Herpes 737 Max
The gift that keeps on giving.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance

2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Dec 16, 2019, 09:55 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2019, 13:41:
Aww, for a moment there I was kinda' excited about 'juice jacking'. Biker

You like-a da juice, yeah?
The juice is good, ah?
I get you more juice!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2019, 09:50 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 09:40:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2019, 00:38:
Right, as Mr. Tact points out, a 132x132 mile sq of solar cells would do the trick ( a decade ago, I read that 100x100 mile sq would do it, I would have thought it had gotten smaller with increased solar efficiency).
Power usage has probably gone up -- all those millenials living their lives on portable devices...

I'd point out the 132x132 miles of solar panels is simply a math exercise, it would have to be significantly larger due to the need for all associated equipment and support infrastructure. And such a solar field would need to be surrounded by a series of communities which would be devoted to maintenance of the solar field. And it would be a 130 mile round trip at a minimum to reach some portions of the field. So, saying it only requires that amount of solar panels is really scratching the surface of the effort required to actually accomplish such a feat. And as I said previously, it ignores the fact we don't have the technology (yet) to store sufficient energy or to transmit it efficiently across long distances(across a significant portion of the country).

Lava. That would do the trick! Yellow stone is super volcano. Let's just activate the sucker and create a power grid from all that hot, liquid magma. wHaT COuLD PoSSiBlY gO WrONg?!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2019, 09:48 Kxmode

I'm early. What madness is this? Oh, right. Insomnia.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2019, 23:06 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Dec 15, 2019, 17:53:
Yeah ok JD but what about clean clean clean clean coal, and all those coal mining robots who need to be kept perpetually employed?!

Could we just turn the entire state of Nevada in one giant solar array to provide power for the west coast? It is mostly a desert wasteland anyway with a couple of sin cities. So, useless.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 15, 2019, 23:02 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 15, 2019, 17:19:
Well... bye.

Parting in such sweet sorrow.

R.I.P. bullet 12/15/19 - 12/15/19 (we hardly knew you)

News Comments > Play theHunter: Call of the Wild for Free

7. Re: Play theHunter: Call of the Wild for Free Dec 15, 2019, 16:16 Kxmode

Osc8r wrote on Dec 14, 2019, 15:16:
Awesome game, even though it's still full of bugs.

Well, yeah! You're in the great outdoors.

News Comments > Play theHunter: Call of the Wild for Free

6. Re: Play theHunter: Call of the Wild for Free Dec 15, 2019, 16:15 Kxmode

Bill Borre wrote on Dec 14, 2019, 14:02:
Step into a beautiful open world teeming with life

and kill all of it!

Digitally. No animals were harmed.

I think games like The Hunter are awesome. Hunters can get their fix without killing God's beautiful creatures.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2019, 16:12 Kxmode

Fion wrote on Dec 15, 2019, 12:08:
W'ere getting old Blue. I had a few teeth pulled from the front of my mouth recently. It's gonna make Christmas dinner a bit harder to eat as I won't be getting a partial later January.

Ah well, at least I'll have fun showing off the big gap in my mouth to all my relatives lol.

"Hey you avatars! Get off my virtual lawn!"

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2019, 16:10 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2019, 12:22:
Safe - Clean - Too Cheap to Meter

I assume a lot of people in the bay area think that just before they get the bridge tolls.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2019, 16:05 Kxmode

Yesterday, I had a tree company come out and remove a grove of trees that grew too wild to keep. They posed potential damage to my and my neighbor's roof and rain gutters (primarily the gutters since all it takes a strong wind pushing the branches to cause damage). Just now, I came back from lunch and saw a squirrel running around near the area where the trees use to be. I'm so sorry little fella. I didn't mean to make you homeless.  

News Comments > Op Ed

23. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2019, 15:18 Kxmode

thestryker wrote on Dec 14, 2019, 23:52:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2019, 22:49:
Before this year, tribalism existed between PC and consoles. "PC Master Race" was a badge of honor for anyone who shelled out the money to build an excellent gaming system. Being a PC gamer meant any game available on PC either through Steam, GOG (for those who prefer DRM-free), or Uplay and Origin (for when the publisher wanted to force first-party exclusivity). No one had a problem with this ecosystem.

You're either being willfully ignorant or you're not old enough to have been gaming when Battlefield 3 was announced with Origin exclusivity. It was review bombed back to the stone age and people started making up shit about Origin to fit their narrative. Gee this sounds awfully familiar to the response that we all saw regarding Epic exclusivity. Don't act like Epic created this shit storm when it's simply modern gamers have a lot of loud shitty people counted among the whole.

I don't know how many times this argument has been brought up. But once again, here we go. Origin titles are first-party exclusives on EA's platform. First-party exclusives !== third-party exclusives.

thestryker wrote on Dec 14, 2019, 23:52:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2019, 22:49:
The day they reach parity with Steam and compete on merit not forced exclusivity or are marginalized will be a great time. I'll take either.

If Epic did this alone they'd end up like Origin and would never take customers from Steam. Origin for a while had refunds with an equal platform to Steam and sold several third party games. Guess what nobody gave a shit because they're lazy and want everything in one place. The only way Epic could compete outside of what they're doing would be by offering lower prices and we all saw how that went over when they took $10 off the price of everything. Certain devs/pubs shit a brick and their titles weren't on sale anymore despite the fact that Epic was eating the discount.

It's fine to not like what Epic is doing as it's pretty shitty, but don't pretend that there's some magical world where there can be real competition.

I'm not stupid. I know WHY Epic is doing it. That doesn't mean I automatically agree with or even support it. That's why I put "The day they reach parity with Steam and compete on merit not forced exclusivity." The point is for Epic to no longer do third-party exclusives.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 15, 2019, 15:10 Kxmode

"One more bullet for the Metaverse." - Albert Einstein

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2019, 16:13.

News Comments > Op Ed

20. Re: Op Ed Dec 13, 2019, 23:37 Kxmode

Slush54 wrote on Dec 12, 2019, 22:00:
If you all didn't want exclusivity you shouldn't have accepted mmo's, drm and lack of game ownership. This is the natural result of gamers bending over and giving control of software to companies, companies, devs and ceo's laugh at you all while you suck their dicks. It's hilarious how far we've fallen from the 90's with dedicated server exe's and full blown level editors for AAA games.

Wow. Just... wow. As Parallax Abstraction rightly stated, "I am not entitled for wanting to be able to buy games on a platform that isn't garbage." It's one thing to have the Epic Games Store be at parity with Steam and sell exclusives, but their platform is trash at the moment. It's unfair to force people to buy on what is objectively an inferior platform. One would argue that the only reason Epic can offer 88/12 is that the platform lacks all of the features that justify Steam's premium 70/30 split. Epic wants to build a community, but astroturfing brand loyalty isn't going to work when people know they can buy a game on a platform that offers better features.

Further, Epic's more generous split hasn't resulted in a better pricing point for consumers. So when you have Cyberpunk 2077, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Jedi Fallen Order simshipping for $59.99, it would be curious to see if the pre/order percentages are higher for Epic than Steam. I guarantee they aren't. That proves people prefer Steam when given a choice, or, that is to say, they prefer a platform that isn't held together with bubble gum and baling wire.

16789 Comments. 840 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >