Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15739 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Marvel's Avengers Announced
15. Re: Marvel's Avengers Announced Jun 11, 2019, 18:32 Kxmode

the game will feature neither "random loot boxes" nor "pay-to-win scenarios."

I really hate publishers who make this a thing. Video games shouldn't have them PERIOD. It should be common place not to expect them.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
26. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 11, 2019, 16:48 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 10:19:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 20:55:
Game is still broken a month after release.

Impossible! You must just be one of those negative nancys and a hater.

Maybe. But the game is still broken.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Phoenix Point in September
4. Re: Phoenix Point in September Jun 11, 2019, 16:45 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 11:35:
Oh right, EGS exclusive = hard pass.

September 2020, available on Steam... soft pass. I don't reward developers who engage in deception.

News Comments > PC Shenmue III an Epic Games Store Exclusive
12. Re: PC Shenmue III an Epic Games Store Exclusive Jun 11, 2019, 13:39 Kxmode

Backers denied refunds over Shenmue III Epic Games Store exclusivity  

News Comments > PC Shenmue III an Epic Games Store Exclusive
11. Re: PC Shenmue III an Epic Games Store Exclusive Jun 11, 2019, 13:36 Kxmode

They used backers as a bank loan then tossed them under the bus when they no longer needed them. Very classy Suzuki.  

News Comments > Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech
5. Re: Bethesda Announces Orion Streaming Tech Jun 11, 2019, 13:31 Kxmode

Did all the big publishers meet together sometime in the distance past to discuss making streaming tech a thing?  

News Comments > Microsoft Acquires Double Fine
14. Re: Microsoft Acquires Double Fine Jun 10, 2019, 20:58 Kxmode

Tim should become a Twitch streamer where he shadows someone on the team for about 30 minutes. He has to find out what they're doing anyway, so why not stream it? I think it would give viewers a fly-on-the-wall perspective of game development on a typical work day. I think Tim is entertaining enough to pull it.  

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
22. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 20:55 Kxmode

Game is still broken a month after release.  

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage
46. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 10, 2019, 12:59 Kxmode

Spektr wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 12:17:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 10:09:
The Jedi referred to a people who wielded the light side of the force, not a person. They were all but extinct by Luke's time. So when he defeated his father in combat, he became THE Jedi and they returned.

Either you saw a very different version of the classic trilogy that I did, or you were tripping hard on LSD.
Obiwan Kenobi and Yoda were both alive and met with Luke so the Jedi were not extinct. Return of the Jedi alludes to the return of Anakin Skywalker when he returned from the dark side.

Kenobi and Yoda were both in self-exile for decades. Exile is the same as extinction. With both out of action, there were no Jedi proper. Luke was not in exile and eager to learn the force and become a Jedi. That's why Kenobi was keen to train Luke, then send him to Yoda to complete his training. It was also why Yoda was willing to send Luke to face his father to become a Jedi; obviously since the full Jedi trials no longer existed. Yoda figured facing his father in mortal combat would address at least most of the nine steps of the trial: isolation, fear, anger, betrayal, focus, instinct, forgiveness, and protection. The only one not possible would be teamwork. Perhaps that's why Kenobi was so intent on telling Luke to wait. With further training, Luke could have learned how to commune and channel Kenobi through the force, as he learned from Yoda, and Yoda from Qui-Gon Jinn.

8. Re: Microsoft Acquires Double Fine Jun 10, 2019, 12:44 Kxmode

wtf_man wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 12:35:
I'm fairly indiffernet to this one. Tim now has an MS teet to suckle on until retirement... and by then, MS will shut them down. So, he has his golden parachute.

Given that most of the stuff that has come out of his studio are remakes of the old Lucas Arts adventure games... I can't see this as totally bad unless the stuff ends up being Microsoft Store exclusives.

Mark my words. Either Microsoft will close the studio in ~4 years, or Tim will leave it in ~3. There's no way Tim is going to stay under Microsoft's yoke for more than 5 years.

Another prediction. If Psychonauts 2 turns out to be a smash hit, Microsoft is going to turn DF into a "Maxis studio" of Psychonauts-themed stuff (mobile games, merchandise, games).

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Date
44. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 10, 2019, 12:27 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 10:15:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 09:53:
3. William Gibson wrote Johnny Mnemonic's screenplay based on a short story by Gibson of the same name. It was, as far as I know, the first, big budget film entirely devoted to the cyberpunk genre.

Terminator, which you're saying no to, likely counts, as movies are multiple genres.

Videodrone, RoboCop, Tron, Blade Runner, and Lawnmower Man all have arguments.

Terminator is not cyberpunk proper. It doesn't have any elements of cyberpunk. It does have the technology and AI, but it is more in the tech-noir genre. At least the first two films where. Today, the series it's mostly in the post-apocalyptic / tech-action genre. It has never explicitly been a cyberpunk film.

Lawnmower Man (one of Stephen King's rarest stories that I like a lot) is probably the closest to cyberpunk of your list, but again, it's not cyberpunk proper. A film must follow the rules established to gain the classification as a cyberpunk film. Cyberpunk is about people living in a society where technology, AI, body modifications all intersect. Where living underground is a way of life, it's where jacking into a virtual environment to damage, sabotage, and steal information of value is commonplace. It's about tapping into the underworld of seedy Operatives, and Fixers who mingle with the dregs of society for their profit. It's about mega-corporations who have so much power that they act as governments hell-bent on controlling nations for profit (not to mention armies to enforce their will... or provide services for a profit). It's about pushing technology to the limit of human imagination and people willing to kill to obtain it for a price. Lawnmower Man couldn't be cyberpunk because the story was about a young man who transformed into a digital being through VR technology. If set in a cyberpunk-themed environment then definitely it would be that kind of film.

Robocop is about the evolution of technology in an apocalyptic society. It doesn't have elements of cyberpunk so that I wouldn't call it a cyberpunk film.

Tron is about programs emulating human behavior in a grid mainframe. It has the element of jacking; only it doesn't. Flynn didn't jack into the world of MCP. He was kidnapped against his will by an innovative technology behind him. Tron: Legacy is closer to Cyberpunk with Flynn jacking into the Grid; but the story really was closer to the original Tron of programs emulating human behavior.

Blade Runner isn't a cyberpunk film either. Based on Philip K. Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" the story explores android sentience. The title of the novel alludes to that since only humans can dream. The film is a noir. Neither the film nor the source material is cyberpunk in nature.

Cyberpunk is a very defined genre, and it's straightforward to spot cyberpunk films based on the established themes of the style. Johnny Mnemonic, The Matrix, Strange Days, Existenz, and Ghost in the Shell are a few films that are proper cyberpunk. It is most definitely not a catch-all genre for every movie with robots and technology.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2019, 12:38.

5. Re: Microsoft Acquires Double Fine Jun 10, 2019, 11:58 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 11:18:
When Tim took the stage he was like: "Hey Microsoft you need some halo? we can make you some halo. Want forza stuff? we can do driving games. Spreadsheets? We can do that too!"

"N-no, Tim. Just make games."
"Oh, whew! I was lying."

What a sellout. But I guess if Microsoft is the difference between studio bankruptcy then more power to them.

44. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 10, 2019, 10:09 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 06:51:
Wasn't Return Of the Jedi in singluar form though? There was only one Jedi in the movie :P

The Jedi referred to a people who wielded the light side of the force, not a person. They were all but extinct by Luke's time. So when he defeated his father in combat, he became THE Jedi and they returned.

In retrospect, Yoda telling Luke to face his father in combat to become a Jedi was very Sith-like. Only the Sith make those kinds of moves. Though Luke stopped himself from killing his father; something the Emperor was all too happy to encourage Luke to do. It was only at that moment when he saw his fathers severed hand and his mechanical hand that he realized the dark path his father chose.

37. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 10, 2019, 09:53 Kxmode

Here are five points to consider.

1. Based on the hour-long gameplay trailer a few months back, this trailer shows one possible outcome that has deadly consequences.

2. Johnny Mnemonic came out in 1995. Cyberpunk 2077 comes out on the 25th anniversary of that film.

3. William Gibson wrote Johnny Mnemonic's screenplay based on a short story by Gibson of the same name. It was, as far as I know, the first, big budget film entirely devoted to the cyberpunk genre.

4. Cyberpunk 2077 will be Keanu Reeve's fifth cyberpunk project giving him the honor of having starred in more cyberpunk entertainment projects than any other actor. Arnold Schwarzenegger for the Terminator series doesn't count since Terminator falls under the tech noir genre.

5. Keanu Reeves has more characters with the name John or variations of John than any other actor: Johnny Utah (Point Break), Jonathan Harker (Bram Stoker's Dracula), Don John (Much Ado About Nothing), Johnny Mnemonic, John Constantine (Constantine), John (Generation Um), John Wick, Johnny Silverhand (Cyberpunk 2077)

Bonus point: Don't preorder on hype. Remember No Man's Sky? Remember Fallout 76?

News Comments > Fallout 76 Battle Royale Revealed, Free Trial Tomorrow
5. Re: Fallout 76 Battle Royale Revealed, Free Trial Tomorrow Jun 10, 2019, 09:37 Kxmode

dO yOU gUys nOT hAvE BaTTlE RoYAlE?!  

9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 20:32 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 20:03:
the universe they've created/built upon looks great!

They didn't create the universe. Mike Pondsmith created the Cyberpunk universe, and it had its initial release in 1988 as a pen and paper RPG. Unlike Witcher series author Andrzej Sapkowski, Mike was very involved in the game's creation. He was at the initial press event talking about what he and CDPR wanted to do with the game and how close to source material it would be.

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Date Jun 9, 2019, 20:30 Kxmode

Excellent!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2019, 19:02 Kxmode

Cyberpunk 2077 Official E3 2019 Cinematic Trailer with Keanu Reeves!  

23. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Gameplay Footage Jun 8, 2019, 20:30 Kxmode

Need to beef up the AI. They need to be attacking not standing around waiting for their turn. They also need to take cover. Other than the dual-batton wielders those Stormtroopers are no match for a trained Jedi (they should be coordinating their attack, make it more interesting). Not really too much concerned with the linear style, but I am concern about story/campaign duration if all you can do is the linear stuff. Also, hoping there will be solid RTX support. Those aside, it's looking like a solid title at the moment. I'll wait until the reviews are out but if they're 80%+ from users it'll be a buy from me (don't care what media outlets think).  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2019, 17:29 Kxmode

Feel good story! Man tears for 29 minutes. Such an inspiration. Worth a watch.  

15739 Comments. 787 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo