Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15319 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Warcraft I & II Bundle on GOG.com
8. Re: Warcraft I & II Bundle on GOG.com Mar 28, 2019, 19:52 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2019, 17:37:
Zug zug?

Me not that kind of orc!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2019, 15:54 Kxmode

A moment of zen  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Aqua Moto Racing Utopia Expands Next Week
1. Re: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia Expands Next Week Mar 28, 2019, 15:46 Kxmode

Steam store link. Looks like a fun JetMoto clone! Might pick it up.  

6. Chuck Norris a Day Calendar Mar 28, 2019, 13:23 Kxmode

"Chuck Norris can start a fire by rubbing two ice cubes together"  

News Comments > No Man’s Sky: Beyond Getting VR Support
16. Re: No Man’s Sky: Beyond Getting VR Support Mar 27, 2019, 22:39 Kxmode

Razumen wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 23:37:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 21:49:
Several major things still missing are

- The planet's distance from its star creates variables in gravity, temperature, flora, fauna, and so forth (opportunity to have "Goldie Lock" planets)
- Planetary rotation
- Planets that orbit their star
- Planetary weather
- Large landmasses that match-up between space and land meaning if you see a large island on the planet from space you can land on it

These are huge for an immersive experience. When Sean Murray and HG adds this, all will be forgiven.

1, 4 and 5 are all that I think are really interesting, the rest you'd hardly ever notice unless you were looking specifically for it.

- Planetary rotation

The reason for these both contribute to #1 and #4. The speed of the planet's rotation determines weather and seasons and in many respects the potential for changing biomes, while planets that orbit their star produce variables in how long seasons last. How long or short seasons last is data players can use to determine the type of world they wish to inhabit. So yes, it's not an immediate thing but long term, it would be pronounced.

15. Re: No Man’s Sky: Beyond Getting VR Support Mar 27, 2019, 22:29 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 05:16:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 21:49:

- The planet's distance from its star creates variables in gravity, temperature, flora, fauna, and so forth (opportunity to have "Goldie Lock" planets)
- Planetary rotation
- Planetary weather
- Large landmasses that match-up between space and land meaning if you see a large island on the planet from space you can land on it

These are huge for an immersive experience. When Sean Murray and HG adds this, all will be forgiven.

OMG, there's a game that totally has all these features. Have you heard of it? It's called "Star Citizen" Due to be released in 2025.

Yes, but unlike Star Citizen, Sean Murray promised these features for launch, and repeatedly in interviews both on video and print. I'm not holding Chris Roberts to the same level since half of the stuff on the list is in the game. Basically what I'm saying is thus far Chris has delivered more of what he promised than what Sean Murray has. Of course, Star Citizen is in its 8th year of development with no end in sight, so there's that.

News Comments > Electronic Arts Layoffs
20. Re: Electronic Arts Layoffs Mar 27, 2019, 22:23 Kxmode

I didn't miss those points. I'm concerned with Cutter's less than amiable "solution."  

News Comments > Where the Bees Make Honey Released
1. Re: Where the Bees Make Honey Released Mar 27, 2019, 17:18 Kxmode

I guess "Where the Bees Make Honey" is a better sounding name than "Existential Crisis: The Video Game."  

18. Re: Electronic Arts Layoffs Mar 27, 2019, 14:09 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 20:45:
Yeah, I'm sure it was very hard. Not as hard as counting your 20 million dollar salary though, right?

The Revolution can't come too soon. Put those fuckers right up against the wall.

Firing people from at-will employment doesn't justify putting the people who run the company up against a wall and killing them. Is there something wrong with your thought process that you would genuinely think that is okay? That strikes me as a sick mind. I recommend seeking medical help as soon as possible.

14. Chuck Norris a Day Calendar Mar 27, 2019, 14:03 Kxmode

"Chuck Norris can split an atom. With his bare hands."  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2019, 20:56 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 20:27:
Beamer don't bother, he's off in crusade kxmode.

Because expressing a point of view is now a "crusade?" That's a hypocritical thing to state given how often you post political nonsense ad nauseum.

Any other ignorant quips you'd like to share?

P.S. If you're going to derail a train do it in style.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gets Survival Mode Beta
1. Re: Electronic Arts Layoffs Mar 26, 2019, 20:46 Kxmode

Pretty sure Survival Mode is a double entendre.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Claims 85M Users
33. Re: Epic Games Store Claims 85M Users Mar 26, 2019, 19:25 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 21:43:
HoSpanky wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 15:44:
Steam still looks the same as it did 10 years ago.

That's not true.

That's okay. Let him live in his delusion.

26. Re: Electronic Arts Layoffs Mar 26, 2019, 19:19 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 16:16:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 15:56:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2019, 05:12:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 23:02:
2.) Make a ridesharing platform that's better than Uber and Lyft.
"Don't like it? Make your own!" That's the dumbest argument ever. So no one can complain about anything ever? Without criticism and honest feedback, nothing will improve. Is that what you tell your stakeholders when they critique your code? "Don't like it? Go write your own goddamn software!"

It's what EVERY competitor has ever said. "I don't like the way Company X does this, so I'm going to make something better" and they end up making Company X obsolete. Uber said that about the taxi industry. AirBNB said that about Hotels. Facebook said that about MySpace. Apple said that about mobile phone. UPS said that about the Postal Service. Henry Ford said that about horses. Et cetera.

3.) Quit doing this full-time and get a regular job. Rolleyes
While I'm opposed to Uber and Lyft bypassing the regulations that apply to Taxi companies, that doesn't mean that this work isn't valid and necessary for lots of people. The flexibility alone allows people to work whose schedules might not otherwise allow a regular job.

They're independent contractors complaining about conditions on a platform they decided to make a career out of. Uber is under no obligations to ensure they make a living using their platform. They facilitate the platform, but it is up to the individual on how successful they are with it.

Yes, but:

1) These aren't competitors, they're employees. Do you know why we work 8 hour days? Not because someone said "I'm sick of this factory making me work 16 hour shifts, I'm starting my own factory!"

2) Which kind of gets to the point, though, that starting your own company is expensive as shit. Where do you think a guy who has such little money that he's forced to drive an Uber to get the several hundred million, if not billion at this point, that it takes to create an Uber competitor? Uber was founded by a millionaire that had access to VCs. Where is your standard Uber driver going to get that?

3) No one is saying Uber has an obligation. And you keep saying they shouldn't complain, they should find another place to work and refuse to work for Uber. Leaving aside Uber's near-monopoly, what do you think a strike is?

1. Drivers who use Uber's platform are not employees of Uber. They don't work in Uber's IT department, or Human Resources, or Marketing, or are on the board of directors. They're not on Uber's payroll. They're independent contractors. There's a huge distinction between being a company-payroll employee and an independent contractor.

2. That was one option of the three that I mentioned. The other was go work for a competing premium ridesharing service that pays better or has better perks than Uber or quit and find another line of work.

3. Uber is heavily reliant on drivers, but that doesn't automatically oblige them to pay an hourly wage to any drivers. Uber is not the only career path one can take, and within the realm of professional driving, there are other options. For example, there's a real need for truck drivers. Walmart, for example, is hiring truck drivers for ~$87,500.

1. Re: Electronic Arts Layoffs Mar 26, 2019, 19:00 Kxmode

"As we look across a changing world around us." Is that what you call it?  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2019, 15:56 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 23:02:
2.) Make a ridesharing platform that's better than Uber and Lyft.
"Don't like it? Make your own!" That's the dumbest argument ever. So no one can complain about anything ever? Without criticism and honest feedback, nothing will improve. Is that what you tell your stakeholders when they critique your code? "Don't like it? Go write your own goddamn software!"

It's what EVERY competitor has ever said. "I don't like the way Company X does this, so I'm going to make something better" and they end up making Company X obsolete. Uber said that about the taxi industry. AirBNB said that about Hotels. Facebook said that about MySpace. Apple said that about mobile phone. UPS said that about the Postal Service. Henry Ford said that about horses. Et cetera.

3.) Quit doing this full-time and get a regular job. Rolleyes
While I'm opposed to Uber and Lyft bypassing the regulations that apply to Taxi companies, that doesn't mean that this work isn't valid and necessary for lots of people. The flexibility alone allows people to work whose schedules might not otherwise allow a regular job.

They're independent contractors complaining about conditions on a platform they decided to make a career out of. Uber is under no obligations to ensure they make a living using their platform. They facilitate the platform, but it is up to the individual on how successful they are with it.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2019, 23:02 Kxmode

From the brain-dead morons department: Ride-share drivers in SoCal launch 25-hour strike, demand $28-per-hour minimum rate. Uber drivers don't work for Uber. They're independent contractors not on Uber's payroll. Last year, a fed judge ruled the same thing. If they don't like the situation they're in, then they have three options. 1.) Drive for another premium ridesharing service that offers better rates. 2.) Make a ridesharing platform that's better than Uber and Lyft. 3.) Quit doing this full-time and get a regular job. Rolleyes

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2019, 01:54.

News Comments > Beyond a Steel Sky Announced
4. Re: Beyond a Steel Sky Announced Mar 25, 2019, 21:56 Kxmode

Apple Mobile game... that's a pass  

5. Re: No Man’s Sky: Beyond Getting VR Support Mar 25, 2019, 21:49 Kxmode

- Planetary rotation
- Planetary weather

News Comments > Epic Games Store Claims 85M Users
22. Re: Epic Games Store Claims 85M Users Mar 25, 2019, 18:32 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Mar 25, 2019, 14:05:
85.7329% of all statistics are bogus. But trust us: 278.593% of all people worldwide have an Epic store account! Really! Honestly! Word!

60% of the time it works every time.

15319 Comments. 766 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo