Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16031 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Multiplex

1. Re: WoW Classic with Creators Aug 21, 2019, 19:53 Kxmode

Who's cutting these onions?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive

50. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 17:13 Kxmode

Epic is going to continue to engage in their scorched-earth unethical behavior and Valve continues to be apathetic in response. There's no point arguing over this until Valve does something about it otherwise we're sides yelling at the other.

*extends a hand of peace*

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

47. removed Aug 21, 2019, 17:00 Kxmode

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2019, 17:09.

46. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 16:57 Kxmode

MattyC wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 16:03:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 15:53:
MattyC wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 15:49:
Darks wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 13:56:
Say what? Your way off on this one. Steam is not exclusive. Developers could and always have had a choice to go GOG, or with UBI or Origin. both UBI and Origin created their own portal to sel their own IP created games. Other developers have also choosen to use both of those platforms while still using Steam as a selling platform.

Epic on the other hand is going all predator on their shadiness on how they are treating the game market with strict exclusive deals on EGS ONLY!!! Big difference!!

Steam was literally started as a Valve exclusive - it was their initive. In their case they bought up mods (CS, DoD, TF, GaryMod, etc) and started on their own, but that was exclusive. You had to use Steam. Origin has plenty of exclusives, and pulled games from Steam when they started. And EA didn't "create" all those IPs, they bought studios that had them, so no. Microsoft did it with the Xbox (Halo and Gears), Sony has done it. It is 6 in one, half a dozen in the other. SSDD.

First-party exclusives !== Third-party exclusives. You guys really need to understand the differences. There is plenty of content online that explains the differences.

It makes no difference in the end. You act like this was glossed over. See my post you quoted.

Did Bungie not go from Mac / PC to Xbox? Did EA not pack up its goodies and go home when they finished Origin (and ruined Westwood and Maxis)? Did Valve keep the old WON up and let people play Source games? No. You are making a completely arbitrary distinction. Cash got involved and things were made exclusive.

All your examples above are first-party exclusives. We're not talking about first-party exclusives so stop bringing it up as a talking point.

38. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 15:53 Kxmode

MattyC wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 15:49:
Darks wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 13:56:
Say what? Your way off on this one. Steam is not exclusive. Developers could and always have had a choice to go GOG, or with UBI or Origin. both UBI and Origin created their own portal to sel their own IP created games. Other developers have also choosen to use both of those platforms while still using Steam as a selling platform.

Epic on the other hand is going all predator on their shadiness on how they are treating the game market with strict exclusive deals on EGS ONLY!!! Big difference!!

Steam was literally started as a Valve exclusive - it was their initive. In their case they bought up mods (CS, DoD, TF, GaryMod, etc) and started on their own, but that was exclusive. You had to use Steam. Origin has plenty of exclusives, and pulled games from Steam when they started. And EA didn't "create" all those IPs, they bought studios that had them, so no. Microsoft did it with the Xbox (Halo and Gears), Sony has done it. It is 6 in one, half a dozen in the other. SSDD.

First-party exclusives !== Third-party exclusives. You guys really need to understand the differences. There is plenty of content online that explains the differences.

37. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 15:50 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 14:00:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 13:51:
*Takes away peoples' ability to choose where to buy a game from*

In fairness, if EGS hadn't come along, most of those games still wouldn't have a choice. They'd be on Steam and nowhere else. There would still be no choice.

Indie games that appear on Steam typically appear on GOG because Valve doesn't do third-party exclusives. My *Takes away peoples' ability to choose where to buy a game from* still stands.

23. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 13:51 Kxmode

*Forces people to purchase a game from an inferior platform*
*Takes away peoples' ability to choose where to buy a game from*
*They already know people hate Epic's exclusivity BS and yet the publisher still blazes forward*

"wHy ArE tHEy So MaD aT Us?!"

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

14. Re: Evening Patches Aug 21, 2019, 00:15 Kxmode

1badmf wrote on Aug 20, 2019, 21:24:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 20, 2019, 15:31:
I guess I'm old enough now that every movie feels like a ripoff of something.

That Underwater trailer is just making me want to go rewatch Leviathan and Deepstar Six, the 1989 horror classics.

Note: Not to be confused with Leviathan (2014), which is an extremely interesting film about the rise of Orthodox Christian political power in Russia!

don't forget about The Abyss - the intellectual's deep sea thriller. odd they all came out at the same time.

I saw The Abyss in the cinema, then a few months later found the novel in my public library and read the entire book. The ending of the book was much different than the end of the film. As I read, I remember thinking, "This is amazing! Why wasn't this in the film? That wall of water sounds awesome!" Then the Sci-Fi Channel announced a special edition version of the film with an extended ending not seen in cinemas. The trailer had a brief scene of the WALL OF WATER from the book! I was shocked! Even more so as I watched the new ending unfold, as it was depicted in the book. The special effects blew my mind. Definitely the money shot.

Edit: In hindsight, I wonder if Cameron ran out of money for the ending. Later, Sci-Fi came to him and said we'll fund it, and have its premiere on our channel. This was before DVD and also when films stay longer in cinemas and took longer to appear on VHS.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2019, 01:05.

10. Re: Underwater trailer.... Aug 20, 2019, 19:11 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 20, 2019, 15:31:
That Underwater trailer is just making me want to go rewatch Leviathan and Deepstar Six, the 1989 horror classics. :o

The decompression scene in DSS is pretty brutal.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2019, 19:09 Kxmode

'Matrix 4' with Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Ann Moss Is on the Way  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers

4. Re: New GeForce Drivers Aug 20, 2019, 14:55 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 20, 2019, 14:49:
Hoop wrote on Aug 20, 2019, 14:06:
You're gonna need to wait they have pulled these because of install issues.
Hey all. Just a quick note here on today's Game Ready Driver.
NVIDIA has found a bug in our recent 436.02 driver posting,
causing it to install GeForce Experience even if the user selects not to install it.
We are pausing the driver download from the NVIDIA website while we fix the issue. Users attempting to download the driver from the NVIDIA website will receive a “404 – Not Found” message when attempting to download.
If you have installed the driver and wish to uninstall GeForce
Experience, you can do so from the ‘Window System Settings: Add or Remove programs’.
We apologize for the error and hope to have the fixed driver re-posted soon.

Thanks for the info!

News Comments > Evening Patches

5. Re: Evening Patches Aug 20, 2019, 13:18 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2019, 02:24:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 22:56:
FF would be a better choice. Why? NMS's Galaxy code is stored in binary hex where 00 is the starting galaxy, and FF is the 255th galaxy. After reaching the 255th galaxy, the game's procedural engine breaks. At that point, the player falls into a loop where reaching the center restarts the adventure with no changes in the galaxy.

DDs all the way. You'll suffocate under FFs.

KX, gonna give this game another shot? It's really good.

I'm not.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2019, 22:59 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 22:52:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 21:29:
Let's hope video game CEOs follow suit.
Follow suit? You honestly think that stuff is going to happen? Think again...

I don't know what they'll do. That's why I posted the comment. However, when 200 of the top CEOs take that stand, then they may influence others with peer pressure.

News Comments > Evening Patches

2. Re: Evening Patches Aug 19, 2019, 22:56 Kxmode

FF would be a better choice. Why? NMS's Galaxy code is stored in binary hex where 00 is the starting galaxy, and FF is the 255th galaxy. After reaching the 255th galaxy, the game's procedural engine breaks. At that point, the player falls into a loop where reaching the center restarts the adventure with no changes in the galaxy.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2019, 21:29 Kxmode

The CEOs of nearly 200 companies just said shareholder value is no longer their main objective

"
Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation

Americans deserve an economy that allows each person to succeed through hard work and creativity and to lead a life of meaning and dignity. We believe the free-market system is the best means of generating good jobs, a strong and sustainable economy, innovation, a healthy environment and economic opportunity for all.

Businesses play a vital role in the economy by creating jobs, fostering innovation and providing essential goods and services. Businesses make and sell consumer products; manufacture equipment and vehicles; support the national defense; grow and produce food; provide health care; generate and deliver energy; and offer financial, communications and other services that underpin economic growth.

While each of our individual companies serves its own corporate purpose, we share a fundamental commitment to all of our stakeholders. We commit to:

- Delivering value to our customers. We will further the tradition of American companies leading the way in meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Investing in our employees. This starts with compensating them fairly and providing important benefits. It also includes supporting them through training and education that help develop new skills for a rapidly changing world. We foster diversity and inclusion, dignity and respect.
- Dealing fairly and ethically with our suppliers. We are dedicated to serving as good partners to the other companies, large and small, that help us meet our missions.
- Supporting the communities in which we work. We respect the people in our communities and protect the environment by embracing sustainable practices across our businesses.
- Generating long-term value for shareholders, who provide the capital that allows companies to invest, grow and innovate. We are committed to transparency and effective engagement with shareholders.
Each of our stakeholders is essential. We commit to deliver value to all of them, for the future success of our companies, our communities and our country.
"

Let's hope video game CEOs follow suit. The gaming industry is in dire need of a realignment back to caring about and giving their customers value for their gaming dollar. Hopefully egregious micro-transactions like the recent Apex Legends Iron Crown event become history.

News Comments > More Ray Tracing Plans Revealed

16. Re: More Ray Tracing Plans Revealed Aug 19, 2019, 20:57 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 19:57:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 19:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 16:37:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 16:22:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 15:46:
Bill Borre wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 12:46:
I guess ray tracing is the new lens flare.
Cheers to the money wasters early adopters for making it possible for the rest of us.

Red alert. Butthurt jelly AMD peasant detected!
. Wink

I own a 2080 Ti dog. Can't be butthurt or jelly if I own the card.

Um, what?

I didn't even reply to your post and the "red alert" was a fun little pun directed at the person I actually quoted.

That wink was a snide comment directed at me in the same way he uses "crusade" and "xtain" in other threads. At this point, I'm pretty much aware of most of the trolling tactics he uses on this site.

News Comments > Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans

15. Re: Minecraft Ray Tracing Plans Aug 19, 2019, 19:14 Kxmode

aka_STEVE wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 13:24:
... great move Nvidia ! Convince people to buy a $ 1500 graphics card so they can play Minecraft !?!?

You guys seriously need to get new marketing people....

Wait until you see the marketing for ray tracing and Cyberpunk 2077.

14. Re: More Ray Tracing Plans Revealed Aug 19, 2019, 19:10 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 16:37:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 16:22:
Cheers to the money wasters early adopters for making it possible for the rest of us.

Red alert. Butthurt jelly AMD peasant detected!
. Wink

I own a 2080 Ti dog. Can't be butthurt or jelly if I own the card.

7. Re: More Ray Tracing Plans Revealed Aug 19, 2019, 16:18 Kxmode

The Facts:

- [NVIDIA] is gaining revenue growth on a sequential basis, driven by strong demand for laptop GPUs and game console processors. Autonomous vehicle development agreements and it's Super RTX GPUs are sparking revenue gains. Although NVIDIA predicted another revenue decline of 8.8% YoY for the third quarter, it expects to grow 12% sequentially.

- [NVIDIA's] gaming revenues grew 25% sequentially in Q2, which originated from robust demand for games adopting ray-tracing technology. NVIDIA's launch of its GeForce RTX Super graphics card is expected to boost the gaming experience.

- NVIDIA CFO Colette Kress has a positive outlook regarding the company's next-generation RTX ray-tracing chips and believes these chips could fuel the growth in the computer graphics industry. Notably, NVIDIA intends to supply chips to the automotive sector, as customers are increasingly adopting GPUs in the data center and automotive space.

As with all thing technology, it improves with succeeding generations. However, those iterations won't be ready before the list of games above launch, and likely more to come in the coming year. So sure, wait for the tech to mature. In the meantime, those who have access to it can enjoy it. The RTX ray-tracing results in Cyberpunk look amazing. I thought global illumination in RAGE 2 was impressive.

5. Re: More Ray Tracing Plans Revealed Aug 19, 2019, 15:59 Kxmode

The developers had to add the feature to their game BEFORE consumers buy it. Are you suggesting developers wasted their money? Of course, that's not what you meant. You were pointing your BS at people who bought the 20XX video cards. You're a troll.

16031 Comments. 802 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >