Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11565 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Man Lists 'Jaw-Dropping' 3,133-Piece Video Game Collection for $150K on eBayÖ Mar 30, 2016, 21:44 Kxmode

I'd give him about tree fiddy.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer
9. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer Mar 30, 2016, 19:48 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 17:40:
If that's all in-game footage, then the city looks absolutely fantastic.

It is. Amazing level of fidelity. Definitely feels like a 2016 game.

Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 17:40:
Just hoping that those lackluster combat videos they've shown aren't the final way it plays

My understanding is Mirror's Edge has always been about avoiding combat in favor of parkour. What specifically is lackluster for you?

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Call of Space Duty Rumors
25. Re: Call of Space Duty Rumors Mar 30, 2016, 19:00 Kxmode

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 23:12:
So it will be the Star Citizen FPS module in a playable form. Boom!

Someone call for an ambulance because we've got a third degree burn over here!

News Comments > Call of Space Duty Rumors
24. Re: Call of Space Duty Rumors Mar 30, 2016, 18:59 Kxmode

Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 16:55:
Well, we have already been graced with the glorious "Leprechaun 4: In Space", so this seems fitting.

PS - That movie was the dooks!

Warwick Davis is only the best actor ever.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer
7. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer Mar 30, 2016, 16:52 Kxmode

This would make an excellent VR title; possibly a Killer App.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
78. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2016, 13:40 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 07:46:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 23:40:
Did some personal bible study tonight and it really helped me appreciate Jesus words, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:39) The first 25 or so minutes of this video (produced by JW's) helped me greatly appreciate the gravity of what Jesus' words meant. This has led me to conclude that a minimum wage, no a living wage, of $15 is the neighborly and compassionate thing to do. I now know a lot of people, including fellow worshipers, who would greatly benefit from such an income increase regardless of marketable skills. Thank you all for your valuable points of view.

Glad to hear you've been educated on this modern issue by an ancient work of fantasy. Well done.

Have fun programming your garbage collection and other essential services.

Your segue to "Have fun programming your garbage collection and other essential services" is rather odd and mildly confusing.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2016, 15:42.

71. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 23:40 Kxmode

Did some personal bible study tonight and it really helped me appreciate Jesus words, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:39) The first 25 or so minutes of this video (produced by JW's) helped me greatly appreciate the gravity of what Jesus' words meant. This has led me to conclude that a minimum wage, no a living wage, of $15 is the neighborly and compassionate thing to do. I now know a lot of people, including fellow worshipers, who would greatly benefit from such an income increase regardless of marketable skills. Thank you all for your valuable points of view.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 29, 2016, 22:41 Kxmode

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta
7. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta Mar 29, 2016, 22:34 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 21:33:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 12:44:
As a former Orc, and member of the Horde, I find this offensive! #OrcLivesMatter

Us orks should unite our dakka and make it all orky!

.... oops sorry thought this was the space orks society.

An Orc by any other name is still an Orc! #OrcsUnited #OrcLivesMatters #OrksInSssppppaaaccccceeeeee

63. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 22:04 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 21:50:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 13:36:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 13:20:
[quote=""Mar 29, 2016, 13:17]]

I have a good paying job. It's a job that requires a certain type of skill not everyone can do. I don't want to be on the same financial level as a burger flipper and lettuce stuffer.
If your only making 15 bones an hour, I hate to be the first one to break it to you but that's not a good paying job. Sounds like you wasted money on education when you should just be flipping burgers.

From my original post:

"As a Web UX Developer / Programmer I will make a slight dozen digits more* than someone who flips hamburgers, stuffs lettuce in a taco, and drops fries in a vat of grease."

"*I care not to say specifically how much"

"a slight dozen digits more" is a more than $15, a lot more.

I get it now, you're a wealthy twit that hates poor people. Another hypocritical christian, you're proof that's one messed up cult.

Have you had a chance to read the FAQ recently? Here's a section of it that I think you should pay extra special attention to.

-----------

What are the ground rules for forum posts?

The idea behind the news forum is to provide a place to discuss gaming news. There are very few hard and fast rules. Here they are:

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.

-----------

Notice that rule is #1. I'm sure Stephen placed that there for emphasis. Your comments are veering into #1 territory.

51. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 17:39 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 17:19:
So for all you retard social Darwinists, when people get hungry and desperate enough and they come up behind you and shank you and steal your shit you won't complain right, because that's just survival of the fittest. Yeah, that's where society should really be. Let's devolve into that social Darwinist world where there are no laws or morality, just victims and victors. Yeah, that's how the species was really meant to live, right?

Fucking tools. Rolleyes

And then there's Cutter who always brings his "special" point of view to the conversation.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
22. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 17:30 Kxmode

saluk wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 16:53:
Steazy wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 14:37:
Yes, and thank god Sony delayed the PlayerStation until FF7 was ready, and the CDROM drive wasn't available until Myst shipped... and Microsoft delayed the XBox to wait for Halo... oh shit, that last one did happen

Bad at this sarcasm thing.

Haha yeah. All of these have the benefit of hindsight. They may have been equally as successful without those titles on the strength of everything else they brought to the table. I'm not convinced the idea of the killer app is so important. Halo may have been the best thing released on the Xbox, but FF7 and Myst were far from the best things to come to those platforms.

While I respect your opinion I would like to clarify what Killer App is:

Taken from Wikipedia, "In marketing terminology, a killer application (commonly shortened to killer app) is any computer program that is so necessary or desirable that it proves the core value of some larger technology, such as computer hardware, gaming console, software, a programming language, software platform, or an operating system. In other words, consumers would buy the (usually expensive) hardware just to run that application. A killer app can substantially increase sales of the platform on which it runs."

And they go on to list numerous sourced examples:

* Myst and The 7th Guest, both released in 1993, drove adoption of CD-ROM drives for personal computers.
* Halo is considered to be the killer app for the Xbox console.

It's pretty much a known fact that certain apps have caused certain technology to excel in sales to the point the technology became mainstream. I don't consider Valkyrie a killer app because no one is buying an Oculus Rift for Valkyrie. They're buying an Oculus Rift for the Oculus Rift; Valkyrie just comes with it.

Hope this clarifies my meaning.

21. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 17:18 Kxmode

Steazy wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 14:37:
Yes, and thank god Sony delayed the PlayerStation until FF7 was ready, and the CDROM drive wasn't available until Myst shipped... and Microsoft delayed the XBox to wait for Halo... oh shit, that last one did happen

Bad at this sarcasm thing.

It was worth 2 points.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 14:00 Kxmode

I can see there is passion for and against this. I'm glad we had this discussion. It's been bothering me and I needed to vent a little. Even though I may not agree your reasoning I do respect your point of view.  

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
18. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 13:55 Kxmode

MajorD wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 12:21:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:37:
Valve made $750 million last year. The math says 1.1 million isn't going to hurt them. For them it's like ordering a pizza, having it be delivered, and tipping the driver.

$1.1 million for each breach. So how many breaches were there? I guess it will be decided in Federal Court at a later hearing. /shrug

Oh. I missed the "per breach" part. My apologies.

17. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 13:50 Kxmode

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 12:09:
I am sure this would be amazing with games like Elite Dangerous but I am not going to spend thousands on PC upgrade and a VR headset until there are plenty other reasons to get one.

My point precisely! SpectralMeat is a gamer, the demographic for VR, and he thinks that. How do you think the mainstream feels? Soccer mom Sally walking through a Target isn't going to be like "you know what our family needs? An Oculus Rift." But she will say, "I really need to upgrade my iPhone." The niche market isn't going to make VR thrive. It's the general market; the Sally's and Fred's of the world who are NOT gamers. If VR cannot achieve that it will die a fad.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 13:39 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 13:36:
You're the victim of your own reasoning. Your job doesn't pay as well as you think it should because a bunch of uppity Indians and Asians got it into their heads that they could do the same work for less pay.

You don't even know where I work or how much I make. You know what, when you want to have an intelligent discussion and not stoop to baseless comments, we can continue. Until then have a wonderful day.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 13:36 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 13:20:
[quote=""Mar 29, 2016, 13:17]]

I have a good paying job. It's a job that requires a certain type of skill not everyone can do. I don't want to be on the same financial level as a burger flipper and lettuce stuffer.
If your only making 15 bones an hour, I hate to be the first one to break it to you but that's not a good paying job. Sounds like you wasted money on education when you should just be flipping burgers.

From my original post:

"As a Web UX Developer / Programmer I will make a slight dozen digits more* than someone who flips hamburgers, stuffs lettuce in a taco, and drops fries in a vat of grease."

"*I care not to say specifically how much"

"a slight dozen digits more" is a more than $15, a lot more.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 13:28 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 13:20:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 13:17:
Beamer wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 13:10:
You're looking at this wrong. Don't blame them. Blame the people not paying you enough.

Pretty sure you missed the part where I wrote "I feel this is very unfair to those of us who worked at minimum wage jobs but decided to better ourselves by learning a skill and now we have good paying jobs". I have a good paying job. It's a job that requires a certain type of skill not everyone can do. I don't want to be on the same financial level as a burger flipper and lettuce stuffer. It's incredibly insulting. Minimum wage needs to remain minimum wage so people can take a hint and go learn some marketable skills.

1) How do you know they're not also working to get better?

2) Yes, we get it, you don't want to be on the same financial level as people you feel are inferior to you. Why is this their problem and not the problem of the guy deciding what you make? Why are you trying to give them a ceiling and not annoyed about your own floor?

2) By that faulty logic why have winners in Sports or the Olympics or eSports? There is ALWAYS going to be superiority and inferiority. That's life. I spent the time learning a skill back when the Internet basically didn't exist. Today, with sites like Udemy, MIT opencourseware, Full Sail Academy, Kahn Academy and more there is NO excuse for anyone to "settle" into a minimum wage "career".

To that point I frequent a Subway near my work. One of the young workers there really wants to get into game programming and is seeking advice. He has the passion and drive and I foresee him becoming the next John Carmack. Yes, he's working minimum wage but he's going to better himself with the skills needed to have a better paying job. That person has my respect because I was like him at his age back when the web was just starting out. Now I get 5-7 job offers a week; most of which I turn down.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 13:17 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 13:10:
You're looking at this wrong. Don't blame them. Blame the people not paying you enough.

Pretty sure you missed the part where I wrote "I feel this is very unfair to those of us who worked at minimum wage jobs but decided to better ourselves by learning a skill and now we have good paying jobs". I have a good paying job. It's a job that requires a certain type of skill not everyone can do. I don't want to be on the same financial level as a burger flipper and lettuce stuffer. It's incredibly insulting. Minimum wage needs to remain minimum wage so people can take a hint and go learn some marketable skills.

11565 Comments. 579 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo