Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15739 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Penn & Teller VR: F U, U, U, & U
1. Re: Penn & Teller VR: F U, U, U, & U Jun 19, 2019, 20:18 Kxmode

I can't wait to buy PTVRFUUUU on HTC so I can VIP over VOIP with RSVP until I'm RIP!  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Scientists shocked by Arctic permafrost thawing 70 years sooner than predicted Jun 19, 2019, 17:25 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 17:13:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 14:41:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 10:43:
Dafuq...

Shit's about to hit the fan :/

When I first learned about global warming 20 years ago or so, one of my first realizations was "if the permafrost goes, that's it, game over." Really upsetting. Methane (or Meethane to you Brits) is 20x more powerful at retaining heat than CO2 and stays in the atmosphere for 20 years. It's about to get hot as Hell in here, and no, it won't be a dry heat.
WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!
AGAIN!

hOw dO yOU kIlL THaT WhiCH hAS nO liFe?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > They Are Billions Released
14. Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 19, 2019, 09:17 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 07:52:
It's not overly complex, but one small break or weakness in your defense will quickly kill/infect large portions of most city setups. Your civilians are stupid as can be and do NOT run fast enough to not get immediately infected if you don't wall them in and defend them appropriately.

That sounds exactly like the Jerusalem scene from World War Z!

10. Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 19, 2019, 03:39 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 02:34:
Sounds like the campaign is just too hard. Hopefully that gets tweaked.

Or use a cheat to offset the difficulty.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2019, 03:36 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 21:03:
SunnyD wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 20:53:
As a Necromonger commander, Underverse take your breeder behinds!
~Finis~
They have yet to make a bad Riddick.

Agreed. I quite like the Riddick franchise especially The Chronicles of Riddick.

7. Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 19, 2019, 01:48 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 22:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 21:49:
Also, 12,231 people have rated the game on Steam.
The majority are labelled EARLY ACCESS REVIEW.
Have to wait and see what leaving the EA program does for sales and reviews.

70% so far based on launch reviews.

6. Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 19, 2019, 01:36 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 23:21:
I bought this back in Early Access, probably a year ago. If you like building massive forts, and having enemies run up to those forts and get annihilated by your insane defense(or destroy your town because your plan was flawed) then this is probably the game for you.

I DO like that! Kind of like a Total War but for base building / tower defense. Cool!

Right now I'm playing Tyranny and occasionally pop into GW2. I am also working on a new Elsweyr guide for the Zygor Guide addon. The Zygor team dropped support before Summerset. So I've been maintaining it as best I can ever since. Lua script is not a language I'm familiar with, but I like the challenge, and it feels good to help the ESO community.

News Comments > Shenmue III to "Assess" EGS Exclusivity
24. Re: Shenmue III to Jun 19, 2019, 01:30 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 10:36:
It's even better than this, they sold exclusive first play rights to Backers ($100+) in the actual pledge, and showcased a playable version on E3 that they didn't give to Backers. So they didn't just renege on the deal, they fucked their backers over hard on that point.

This isn't so much amnesia as it is malicious asshattery as it would have cost them nothing to give backers the E3 demo.

I am honestly baffled they thought this would go over well. Their pledges are pretty funny reads when you consider Deepsilver already put to the wall that there will not be a physical PC DVD version because this violates the EPIC deal. LMAO

Except you miss the part on the active Kickstarter campaign where they listed, in bold, "Windows PC Physical Copy. Windows PC Digital Copy." They never explicitly said "Steam" as the platform. People assumed "Windows PC Digital Copy" meant Steam because Steam was the only non-publisher digital platform at the time.

However, Ys Net did not keep backers informed about what they were doing. In the end, the fault is squarely on Ys.

23. Re: Shenmue III to Jun 19, 2019, 01:23 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 10:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 10:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 22:49:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 22:11:
At the very least they intentionally misled customers.

Except they didn't for all the reasons mentioned in the first paragraph from in my comment below. Yet, concurrently, they are at fault for not being transparent with their backers/customers. In the end it is their fault.

They sent out the Kickstarter based questionary where you decide which platform and version you want specifically, and people could pick Steam and picked steam. This selection is not optional, it's binding. If you as developer say you ship with nude blokes wearing a tiara then you have to deliver on that no matter what. Changing this post survey is a violation of the KS TOS.

To boot, they offered PHYSICAL DVD versions, not with a code but with the actual game, which Deep Silver reneged on.

Finally, Deep Silver also reneged on the trial feat in the backer rewards. Backers do not receive an early trial anymore. So altogether really classy behavior by the parties involved.

I think you just don't know a lot how Kickstarters work to be honest, this survey you get from SK projects is an actual KS based thing which KS monitors. People were not just led to believe it comes on Steam, most people ALREADY PICKED THEIR PLATFORM months before this news. Not to mention the other things that they suddenly "forgot" they owe backers.
Money causes amnesia, news at eleven.

What's it like being a professional troll?

22. Re: Shenmue III to Jun 19, 2019, 01:22 Kxmode

Except they didn't for all the reasons mentioned in the first paragraph from in my comment below. Yet, concurrently, they are at fault for not being transparent with their backers/customers. In the end it is their fault.

They sent out the Kickstarter based questionary where you decide which platform and version you want specifically, and people could pick Steam and picked steam. This selection is not optional, it's binding. If you as developer say you ship with nude blokes wearing a tiara then you have to deliver on that no matter what. Changing this post survey is a violation of the KS TOS. (This is also why these surveys come extremely late in development)

To boot, they offered PHYSICAL DVD versions, not with a code but with the actual game, which Deep Silver reneged on.

I wasn't talking about what happened after the Kickstarter campaign. I was specifically talking about the FAQ they posted for the campaign.

Finally, Deep Silver also reneged on the trial feat in the backer rewards. Backers do not receive an early trial anymore. So altogether really classy behavior by the parties involved.

Deep Silver wasn't a consideration during the Kickstarter campaign so stop bringing it up. It's not relevant to my post.

I think you just don't know a lot how Kickstarters work to be honest, this survey you get from KS projects is an actual KS based thing which KS monitors. People were not just led to believe it comes on Steam, most people ALREADY PICKED THEIR PLATFORM months before this news. Not to mention the other things that they suddenly "forgot" they owe backers.

I backed multiple Kickstarters including the Myst 25th Anniversary Kickstarter at the $250 level. I know how they work, and I am quite familiar with the surveys. I'm not referring to any of that.

I was specifically talking about the language on the campaign itself. It didn't mention "Steam." It merely said, "Windows PC Digital Copy." That's what people read when they backed. That said, I also said Ys Net is at fault for not managing backer expectations. If people expected Steam during the campaign, then they should honor it regardless of what happened years later.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2019, 01:33.

21. Re: Shenmue III to Jun 19, 2019, 01:09 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 05:45:

They explicitly let people think it would be on Steam as with 96%+ of all games. They did not come out ahead of time and let people know before they pledged, they hid the fact. They knew KS would have been a catastrophe, if that's clearer.

Let's be clear here. I made those points in BOTH of my posts. Here, I'll highlight the comments to make it explicitly clear:

Post 1: "The fault is really on Ys Net for not managing backer expectations."

Post 2: "[Ys net] are at fault for not being transparent with their backers/customers. In the end it is their fault."

1. Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 18, 2019, 21:49 Kxmode

Looks like a solid city-builder game. Like the steampunk art style and theme. I'll add it to my Wishlist and I wish the Numantian team all the best!

Also, 12,231 people have rated the game on Steam.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2019, 20:20 Kxmode

Ant wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 19:37:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 16:36:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 12:14:
The Boys may be watchable.

Karl Urban is always watchable.
Like in DOOM movie?

Like in Star Trek ya green-blooded wulcan.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2019, 19:18 Kxmode

panbient wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 17:15:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 16:34:
It begs several questions.

1. Have these organisms always existed in the Atlantic (as this is where most hurricanes form)?

I don't think it's specific to the Atlantic. Typhoons are the same weather phenomena after all and there are cases of FEB in Asia. Whether or not it's on their beaches yet (or they're willing to acknowledge as much) is a whole other matter.

That much is certain. I've no doubts cases of the Vibrio vulnificus caused by Typhoon Haiyan/Super Typhoon Yolanda in 2013 exist. However, with countries like the Philippines, a flesh-eating virus could mask itself among other illnesses caused by the country's less than ideal sanitary conditions. It also doesn't help that government officials live in a fantasy bubble. In first-world nations, in the aftermath of a significant weather event over regional oceans, it is much easier to spot them due to their rapidly growing geographical anomaly.

At least that's how the evidence looks to me.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2019, 16:34 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 11:01:
FEB (flesh eating bacteria) at your favorite beach.
Another benefit of Global Warming. Allthumbsup

Though not in the direct path, Delaware was the state hit hardest by Hurricane Sandy. The flesh-eating bacteria is not entirely the direct result of global warming, but the result of hurricanes bringing these dangerous sea-based organisms inland and along beaches. However, climate change is directly responsible for more powerful hurricanes. So it's a domino effect.

> 2017, Hurricane Harvey - reference 1, reference 2, reference 3

> 2005, Hurricane Katrina - reference, was then referred to Vibrio Illnesses

There's evidence that this illness appeared after Hurricane Andrew in 1992 but people weren't calling it Vibrio. Actually, they didn't know what it was.

It begs several questions.

1. Have these organisms always existed in the Atlantic (as this is where most hurricanes form)?
2. Is there any evidence that climate change is mutating benign organisms into deadly monsters?
3. Are the organisms adapting to changes in their environment that cause them to be more carnivorous?
4. Is there any evidence that large tropical storms can carry these organisms to other areas in the Atlantic, and if so, do they survive and thrive?

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2019, 16:50.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 10
1. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 10 Jun 18, 2019, 14:42 Kxmode

According to EA single player games are totally dead. So this is all fabricated nonsense! /s  

18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Style Definitions Jun 17, 2019, 23:48 Kxmode

- Entropism
- Neomilitarism
- Kitsch
- Neokitsch

15. Re: Shenmue III to Jun 17, 2019, 22:49 Kxmode

14. Re: The Sharp Decline In Original Movies From 1980 To 2018. Jun 17, 2019, 18:24 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 17:01:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 17, 2019, 16:55:
Yup. 1984 was a great year for original movies!
- Police Academy
- The Natural
- The Neverending Story
- Firestarter

Pfft. The Neverending Story is based on a book - it's right in the movie! Firestarter is also based on a book, as is The Natural, and Police Academy shouldn't be on best-of lists, even if it truly didn't get repulsive until the sequels, haha.

Whoops. My mistake about The Neverending Story and Firestarter. Still a good year though.

11. Re: The Sharp Decline In Original Movies From 1980 To 2018. Jun 17, 2019, 16:55 Kxmode

Yup. 1984 was a great year for original movies!

- Ghostbusters
- Gremlins
- The Terminator
- The Karate Kid
- Beverly Hills Cop
- Amadeus
- Red Dawn
- Romancing the Stone
- Police Academy
- Once Upon a Time in America
- This is Spinal Tap
- Sixteen Candles
- The Natural
- The Neverending Story
- Footloose
- The Last Starfighter
- Starman
- Top Secret
- Firestarter

15739 Comments. 787 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo