Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11450 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
11. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 13, 2016, 20:52 Kxmode

People would be better off pre-ordering No Man's Sky. At least they'll get a real game this June.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 16:54 Kxmode

Pigeon wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 12:26:
GM mosquitoes? Hell no! Give me the mass spraying of pesticides any day.

Any day? How about every day? What do you think those Chemtrails you see every day are?

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
24. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 22:28 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 21:56:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 21:49:
The plan was to always, as you quoted, to use the tools in the Founder's Packs to create content and have that content be featured in EverQuest Next. With all due respect please don't defend Daybreak.

No. The Founder's Pack was alpha access to LANDMARK. That was it's own thing that involved creating things. They were to hold contests for designs and the winners would be featured in EQN. In fact, originally, some islands were supposed to be "EQ Fantasy" type only, with others being general designs for people who didn't want to follow the design guides, but that quickly went out the window to just generic content.

I'm not defending Daybreak on anything. Soe/Daybreak completely botched everything involved with this, and pretty much everything before this with how they handled EQ2. All I'm saying, is while they're still at fault for everything involving this, they made it clear the two were separate entities from the beginning.

I'm sorry but you're not being entirely truthful.

Let's rewind back to 2013. Watch the EverQuest Landmark Reveal during EQ Next's Presentation from SOE Live 2013. The link goes directly to the following quote...

"But as we built it (referring to EQ Next) we had to build all kinds of special tools that allowed us to make something special. ... As we started to build something special we needed to assemble tools that none of us had ever used before because they had never existed before. If you're going to build an entire MMO out of voxels you have make some pretty cool tools. So we did that. We started putting them together, and one of the things that came out that was really cool was all the devs started spending all their weekends and their nights, stuff like that, trying to one up each other. Trying to build something that was really cool because the tools were that good. It didn't take us long before we realize that what we really wanted to do give you guys the same tools that we had so that you could help us build EverQuest Next."

Watch the rest of the presentation...

Conclusion:

- During the presentation Dave Georgeson repeatedly referred to Landmark as a tool; not a game.
- NOBODY would ever call CryEngine a "game". It's a tool designed specifically for creating CryEngine games. Likewise Landmark was EverQuest Next's internal tool for creating content; effectively a world-building extension.
- The Devs decided to make Landmark available as a content creation tool for the public.
- The Devs decided to crowdsource content which is why most of the Landmark video have the Devs reviewing built structures.
- The Devs used EQ Next concept art when reviewing structures to see if they match the style and look of of EverQuest Next's concept art.
- The Devs routinely put out concept art for specific racial structures as contests for EverQuest Next.

Buying the Trailblazer's Pack was based purely on that presentation. Noticed Dave said "built" in reference to EQ Next. That word is generally used when something is either done or nearing completion. That was another reason I bought the Trailblazer's Pack. This email also motivated me to buy the Trailblazer's Pack.

The bottom line is EverQuest Next Landmark was NOT pitched as a "separate entity". It was always pitched as the world building extension tool of EverQuest Next.

22. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 21:49 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:42:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:25:
To show further proof EverQuest Next was plastered all over the Landmark site. For example, the Landmark FAQ (via Archive.org).

from the page you linked:

Landmark is a world where you can design and make anything you can imagine! The tools and mechanisms you see in Landmark are the backbone used by the development team to build EverQuest Next. Objects and buildings that players construct in Landmark may also be featured in EverQuest Next!

The items in the packs are exclusive to Landmark. There are no plans for them to transfer to EverQuest Next.

It was it's own thing. That thing was about building.

Oh for goodness sake, look at the question. "Are Founder's Pack items going to transfer between Landmark and EverQuest Next?" The answer is referring to the tools in the Founder's Park used in Landmark. THAT stuff would stay in Landmark and not be transferable. The plan was to always, as you quoted, to use the tools in the Founder's Packs to create content and have that content be featured in EverQuest Next. With all due respect please don't defend Daybreak.

News Comments > Carbine Layoffs
2. Re: Carbine Layoffs Mar 11, 2016, 21:37 Kxmode

If they cut almost half their staff, I don't care how they spin this, their company is spiraling into insolvency.  

19. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 20:25 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:12:
Look, I hate Daybreak/SoE as much as the next person, for so many reasons, but even when it was EQN: Landmark, it was pitched to be a separate game, all the rewards were Landmark in-game stuff, nothing for EQN. Even the credit you got was in the Landmark credits. Yes, they were going to have contests to build stuff for EQN (which they actually did), but it was clearly, from inception, it's own thing. So don't fault SoE/Daybreak because you couldn't comprehend that (Fault them instead for the ineptitude in which both were developed and all the other mistakes made since then). I purchased it at the get-go too, and I understood that EQN and Landmark were two different things.

It wasn't pitched as a separate game. I specifically remember it being pitched as the content creation tool for EverQuest Next.

To show further proof EverQuest Next was plastered all over the Landmark site. For example, the Landmark FAQ (via Archive.org).

Basically here's what it's like.

18. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 20:17 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 19:53:
Did you get the refund?

They never replied to that original message, and when I logged into into my account to check my messages it appears they also deleted it.

14. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 19:17 Kxmode

Luke wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 18:28:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 17:56:
This is the last time I back early access / crowdfunded video games.
Maybe ya can learn it now!

Daybreak can keep my $99. It's not worth my time to get it back. This is simply another failure in a long string of failures for the early access / crowdfunding model of game development. The model is absolutely broken.

I swear if someone tells me Landmark is a success I'm going to have a conniption. I never bought Minecraft: EverQuest Edition. I bought Landmark specifically because it was being pitched by SOE (now Daybreak) as an OPTIONAL tool for creating content for EQ Next. It was never a standalone game. It's not even a game. It's a tool. I feel like they conned me out of $100.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2016, 19:31.

10. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 17:56 Kxmode

Posted this last year on another thread.

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 03:31:
Sent in another refund request tonight:

Hello Daybreak.

I bought the EverQuest Next Landmark Trailblazer Pack on December 7, 2013.

I made this purchase with the explicit understanding that EverQuest Next was about a year, possibly 2 years away, from release and Landmark would simply be an optional tool players could use to populate the main game with assets. However, after 676 days (1 year, 10 months, 7 days) there is no EverQuest Next, not even an alpha.

As I see it today I don't believe EverQuest Next is in production. My belief is that Landmark is going to be the final game as a Minecraft styled game based in the EverQuest world. This is not what I bought Landmark for. To be honest I never had a desire to be fully involved in the Landmark project. I thought by buying the Trailblazer Pack I could chip in $100 towards the development of EQ Next; the game I really want to play.

Since I feel the scope of the project has changed could you please refund my purchase?

P.S. If you look at my play time you'd see that I haven't logged many hours.

Really unfortunate it got to this. EQ Next is basically dead.

This is the last time I back early access / crowdfunded video games. Brood

News Comments > Diablo II Patch Adds OS X Support
4. Re: Diablo II Patch Adds OS X Support Mar 11, 2016, 11:56 Kxmode

I was a young man 15 years ago.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2016, 02:57 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 16:31:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 16:20:
Tolwyn wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 10:44:
Be careful linking to Liveleak. Most assuradely NSFW.

Also, please don't link to videosift re-aggregation videos... just link to the origianl Youtube video. Tired of all the ads.

You surf the web with ads? Have you ever heard of AdBlock? (Be sure to disable it on this fine website)

Won't that hurt Blue's revenue or does it not matter? I thought I was doing my part by allowing ads. Now I'm confused.

Perhaps you missed that part where I wrote "Be sure to disable it on this fine website". "It" being AdBlock and "this fine website" being Blues News.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 16:21 Kxmode

Germany catches woman smuggling cocaine in breast implants.

Gives a new meaning to the phrase "her breasts made me high."

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2016, 02:56.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 16:20 Kxmode

Tolwyn wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 10:44:
Be careful linking to Liveleak. Most assuradely NSFW.

Also, please don't link to videosift re-aggregation videos... just link to the origianl Youtube video. Tired of all the ads.

You surf the web with ads? Have you ever heard of AdBlock? (Be sure to disable it on this fine website)

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 15:58 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 11:21:
Woohoo! A neighbor just sold his house for over 100k more than he paid a couple of years ago - zero renovation. Property values here keep climbing! Thumbsup

Over the long term home prices always rise in price. That's why they're the best asset.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 12:03 Kxmode

Whenever people talk politics on a video game site.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 18:22 Kxmode

$196,000 in quarters stolen by Brink's worker, feds say.

Man makes off with a less than $200,000 in quarters and they throw the book at him. Wall Street executives steal billions, cause systemic damage to the global economy, and get a $7.77 trillion dollar bailout with a slap on the wrist. Ain't justice grand?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 18:17 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 16:55:
GinRummy wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 11:23:
I know it's a bit archaic, but I'm pretty sure a quarter is Two Bits, not one, so the total is 8 bits per dollar, double what your parenthetical sum is above in the Brinks story.

Serves me right trying maths in the morning!

Don't feel too bad Blue. I still have to convince myself on a daily basis that 1 is not a prime number, and I'm a web developer / programmer.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Patched
4. Re: Overwatch Beta Patched Mar 9, 2016, 17:04 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 15:51:
They're trying to build up a lore (it is Blizzard after all). That map description was probably what you get in-game and they just reused it for the press release.

I'm sure countries, ravaged by war, attempt to do something very similar when describing a city in their travel brochures.

Traveler: "Why are there holes in that building's walls?"
Travel Agent: "Ignore the bullet holes, I mean 'sun walls'."
Traveler: "Did you say "bullet holes?"
Travel Agent: "AND LOOK AT THIS FABULOUS BEACH RESORT ALONG THIS POSTCARD-PERFECT MEDITERRANEAN TOWN!"
Traveler: "Is that a mortar shell?"
Travel Agent: "This town has a bustling harborside, winding paths for rambling hillside strolls, along with gorgeous vistas."
Traveler: "I think this is a war zone."
Travel Agent: "A war zone? What? No. You jest! It is the ideal vacation stop for people looking for a place to explore the "ruins" scattered at the top of the island!"

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2016, 17:42.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 14:35 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 09:58:
Blue, ever see Badge 373? Robert Duvall film from 1973. So-so flick, but a great 70s NYC period piece. Man, I love those 70s films in NYC.

I feel the same way about Streets of San Francisco with a young Michael Douglas. San Franicsco circa 1970's is pretty cool.

News Comments > Punch Club Free Content
1. Re: Punch Club Free Content Mar 9, 2016, 13:51 Kxmode

The first and second rule was broken...  

11450 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo