Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11390 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2016, 20:29 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 20:18:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 20:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 19:53:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 16:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 16:31:
Good point, the lower pressure probably is a contributing factor, although I don't recall them ever saying that.

Definitely. It's one of the main reasons why Astronauts constantly exercise on the space station.

Strange, only on bluesnews is low pressure even mentioned when it comes to exercising astronauts. Someone better tell NASA! http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/astronauts/living-exercising.asp
TLDR

Yeah, strange.

Yep, low pressure was not mentioned once.

I realize this. If you blindly search the article for "air pressure", "air", or "pressure" you won't find it in the article. That's irrelevant. The entire article is taking about microgravity - which causes no air pressure in space - and its effects on blood including anemia, infections, and fucking blood clots... which is what we were talking about initially.

Sometimes I wonder about you RedEye.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 29, 2016, 20:16 Kxmode

Even if Chairman Roberts could pull that off in order to achieve those "large scale battles" everyone would need a $4,000 computer and a 100Mbps broadband connection; not to mention the servers would need to be extra beefy to handle the load. This is why most developers go for the lowest common denominator. A nice blend of fidelity and realistic expectations.  

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2016, 20:07 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 19:53:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 16:46:
Good point, the lower pressure probably is a contributing factor, although I don't recall them ever saying that.

Definitely. It's one of the main reasons why Astronauts constantly exercise on the space station.

Strange, only on bluesnews is low pressure even mentioned when it comes to exercising astronauts. Someone better tell NASA! http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/astronauts/living-exercising.asp

"Exercise is known to boost endorphins (those “feel good” chemicals), improve mental performance, and shape physical appearance. Humans may “feel” and “see” the effects of consistent exercise but the benefits go much deeper than that."

"The data gathered from this experiment will contribute more information to explain why astronauts experience space flight anemia (change in red blood cells), susceptibility to infections (change in white blood cells), and blood clots (platelets) in space. Similar conditions have been found on Earth in people with decreased mobility, confined to prolonged periods of bed rest, or with aging."

“One important component of the investigation is looking at reversibility, whether bone marrow composition returns to preflight levels and blood cell production recovers once crews return to Earth or land on another planet,” said Trudel. “The results from this investigation could guide the search for specific countermeasures, such as exercise, or pharmacological or genetic treatments, as well as preventative interventions.”

Yeah, strange.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2016, 16:46 Kxmode

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2016, 16:42 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 12:25:
I hate Leap Years. Why would you put an extra day in the worst month of the year? Why not in a good month like July or October? It's all arbitrary anyway.

All the other months have 30 or 31 days, but February suffered from the ego of Roman Emperor Caesar Augustus, says Ian Stewart, emeritus professor of mathematics at Warwick University. Under Julius Caesar, February had 30 days, but when Caesar Augustus was emperor he was peeved that his month - August - had only 29 days, whereas the month named after his predecessor Julius - July - had 31. "He pinched a couple of days for August to make it the same as July. And it was poor old February that lost out."

Also in Roman mythology Venus was the goddess of love, sex, beauty, and fertility. And in astronomy from about February 11 to 15, Venus and Mercury (another ancient Roman God) will be close enough together on the sky's dome to fit – or nearly fit – into the same view. Perhaps the extra day every four years was the Roman's way of giving birth to a new day in the month of Venus as an apology for their egocentric Caesars.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2016, 16:28 Kxmode

nin wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 14:42:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 13:24:
nin wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 09:57:
McGovern's death was believed to be caused by a blood clot resulting from a transatlantic flight.

OK, that's plenty scary. Always get up and move around on those long flights!

You hear about these things every now and then, and each time I wonder if I was ever close to killing myself with long gaming sessions. There have been several times I've been so enthralled with a game I sat still playing it easily as long as an international flight...

Yeah, I've had a few raid sessions that went waaay too long. I think one was 12 hours...(that was pretty much the final straw, though)

You're likely not raiding at 12,000 feet either.

The combination of lack of moment and altitude probably has something to do with it.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2016, 11:41 Kxmode

nin wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 09:57:
McGovern's death was believed to be caused by a blood clot resulting from a transatlantic flight.
OK, that's plenty scary. Always get up and move around on those long flights!

Definitely. Even gamers get up and move around if nothing else to use the restroom and eat. Sitting for an entire transatlantic flight is a resume for death. o _ o

On a side note I decided to pass on Master of Orion and picked up Stardew Valley instead. Stardew Valley is AWESOME! It's like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past meets Harvest Moon meets Animal Crossing! So fun. Graphics are cute especially when you get a pet and some farm animals.

Besides that I'm really getting into Star Trek Online. Really enjoy the episodic nature of each mission. Also enjoying The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. The graphics are decent but it's really cool to put yourself in the mind of Sherlock Holmes and see how he deduces a crime scene.

Stardew Valley 10/10
Star Trek Online 8/10
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes 8/10

I recommend all these games if you're looking for something new to play.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
4. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 28, 2016, 12:07 Kxmode

Good for Bethesda.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover
20. Re: Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover Feb 26, 2016, 15:38 Kxmode

InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 12:55:
Why would Vivendi even attempt this? Ubisoft is definitely NOT Blizzard. Oh well it's their loss (literally)...

Assassin's Creed. Their hedging their bet on the resurgence of films based on video games. They may have the same success as comic books had for comic book films. Owning the publisher behind one of the most popular franchises in video game history is worth a hostile takeover.

18. Re: Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover Feb 26, 2016, 15:30 Kxmode

Task wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 13:31:
Guyz, isn't Corporatism just great!? Some cutt throat man or woman Corporate a-hole just can't get enough of money.

Vivindi has a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to show growth and profitability by any means necessary within the constraints of law. In the case of "the lesser of two evils" from an investor point of view I would side with Vivindi.

17. Re: Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover Feb 26, 2016, 15:23 Kxmode

RavingArmy wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 15:09:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 11:10:
nin wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 09:37:
I gotta be honest and say I'm not sure who to root for here...the idea of yves being dethroned sure sounds appealing.

In principle you should always choose the lesser of two evils.

Yeah, but which one is the lesser evil?

That's up to you to decide.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2016, 15:32.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2016, 11:14 Kxmode

Master of Orion is out on Steam. Going to wait a day or two before making a decision to buy or pass. So far the reviews look Very Positive with 86% of the 122 user reviews for this game being positive.  

8. Re: Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover Feb 26, 2016, 11:10 Kxmode

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 09:37:
I gotta be honest and say I'm not sure who to root for here...the idea of yves being dethroned sure sounds appealing.

In principle you should always choose the lesser of two evils.

News Comments > Alan Wake Returns TMed
23. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 20:17 Kxmode

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 18:21:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 18:19:
Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 16:13:
nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 14:10:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 12:12:
Better name: Alan Wake Up

They should have all sorts of Windows integration and call it Alan 10.

Alan TenBone

Alan TenBone EX+ Alpha

Maybe they could add currency you buy to get more batteries?

Alan TenBone EX+ Alpha. Preorder today for 500 bonus Wakey coins!

21. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 18:19 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 16:13:
nin wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 14:10:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 12:12:

They should have all sorts of Windows integration and call it Alan 10.

Alan TenBone

Alan TenBone EX+ Alpha

11. Re: Alan Wake Returns TMed Feb 25, 2016, 12:12 Kxmode

News Comments > HTC Vive in April for $799
90. Re: HTC Vive in April for $799 Feb 23, 2016, 12:37 Kxmode

descender wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 11:06:
Lots of people are going to pull the towers off their desks
Lots of people are going to get injured running around a room they can't see.

Quite a bit of truth to this. You only have to look up some Wii launch video's to understand how dangerously uncoordinated the average person is.

Yup

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Announced
4. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Announced Feb 23, 2016, 12:31 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Feb 23, 2016, 09:47:
Woo Hoo! Sandstorm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQaBWziYvY

:p

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing.

News Comments > Master of Orion Early Access This Week
6. Re: Master of Orion Early Access This Week Feb 23, 2016, 10:43 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 20:44:
"Start playing February 26 by purchasing the Collector's Edition on Steam or GoG!"

Except you can't actually purchase it right now on Steam or GOG. That sentence seems to imply that you will get access on the 26th if you have already purchased the game.

Shitty marketing.

It means when you buy it on February 26th you get to play it on February 26th. I don't know how this could sound confusing.

News Comments > Master of Orion Early Access This Week
5. Re: Master of Orion Early Access This Week Feb 23, 2016, 10:39 Kxmode

Going to wait for Steam reviews. I've been burned by more than few Early Access games (I'm looking at you Castle Story!)  

11390 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo