Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13191 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 22:25 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 17:57:
British dental care.

Hedley and Wyche. For a smile that says "yum. that was good"

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
8. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 26, 2017, 22:19 Kxmode

he tells them: "We want to treat PC like a first-class citizen."

Microsoft could start by not making such a statement and treating PC not "like" but "as" a first-class citizen.

P.S. Microsoft is never going to own the monopoly on digital games distribution. They missed that boat over a decade ago.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 25, 2017, 22:24 Kxmode

Legacy is dead.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2017, 22:18 Kxmode

Social media is a cancer on society. I didn't go to grad school to learn that.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2017, 01:43 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 12:45:
Holy shit does that Thor movie look unbelievably bad.

Do you want it to be emo and sepia like the DC films trailers?

News Comments > Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow
9. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 22, 2017, 00:14 Kxmode

@HorrorScope - I don't know if this is the same game, but the logo being virtually identical to the original 2003 logo is a good indication that it is.

7. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 20, 2017, 14:11 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 14:40:
Never heard of this. Too bad the reactions of you guys imply this is garbage. Looked great to me

No. My question wasn't implying garbage. I was merely confused why an MMO that had a rocky launch, falling population, and finally closure would come back? Typically when a game is closed or canceled, it doesn't come back.

In 2006, while a reviewer for GameIndustry.com, I was given a heavily scripted press tour of D&L. To my editor, I expressed concerns that D&L wasn't ready for a review because the tour was too scripted to understand what the game is like truly. The decision was reached to not proceed forward with a write up until after the game's launched.

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
4. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 19, 2017, 18:33 Kxmode

In other words, DOOM ON YOU!

News Comments > Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM
10. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 19, 2017, 13:55 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 09:38:
It's funny, you talk to people that work there and they all love it. None complain it was openly hostile or toxic.

But then, here's the white guy on the internet with hurt feelings who's never once spoken to a person on the inside, just angry at one dude tweeting.

Of course, they're not going to complain about such things. That's where studio's culture come into play, and the leadership entirely drives it. IOW if they support such nonsense, then the subordinates will too, stay silent about it, or leave the company. Change comes from the top.

I did not need to talk to the people on the inside because the racist former BioWare employee posted a tweet boasting the studio heads supported him (a.k.a. "they're cool with my overt racist viewpoints").

I have stated ad nauseam that racism has no place in business; ANY business. You are intelligent enough to understand what that means, so no need to dive into point particulars.

2. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 19, 2017, 12:40 Kxmode

D&L died a long time ago. Why is it back?

7. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 18, 2017, 21:25 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 19:01:
A GM has control on how many facial animators they hire right?

None. As General Manager of BioWare, he will be responsible for driving the studio's culture, climate, mission, product directions, and ultimately profit for both BioWare and EA. Hopefully, under Casey's leadership, the openly hostile and toxic culture of both overt racism and forced fed social justice warrior nonsense can finally be stymied. Furthermore, having the studio return to the way they used to be is in EA's best interest.

EA must have seen Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm to know that when Disney, for the most part, backs away and lets those studios do their thing, both reap success. I hope EA does this with BioWare under Casey's stead and eventually adopt it as a standard for their other properties.

5. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 18, 2017, 17:52 Kxmode

Jivaro wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 17:20:
That's a lot of assumptions but I can't say I disagree with any of them.

I do find myself wondering if that is only because I am desperately hoping that they are in fact actively trying to find a way to salvage the Mass Effect series rather than just shitcan it...or worse...double down on it's current direction.

The Star Wars prequels didn't destroy the IP, but it sure made a lot of fans angry with Lucas. Andromeda has its share of fandom and staying power. Taking the property back and giving it to Hudson, who can then drive the game to a fifth iteration and trilogy opener, will bode well for the series.

1. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 18, 2017, 16:55 Kxmode

Pretty sure this is EA's attempt to salvage the Mass Effect IP from the damage Flynn and his studio inflicted on the property. EA likely thought the best way to do this would be at a systemic level by replacing the studio head. Hudson likely demanded more creative control. A mutually beneficial arrangement for both.

News Comments > Enter the Gungeon Sells 1M
4. Re: Enter the Gungeon Sells 1M Jul 18, 2017, 14:50 Kxmode

Who?  

News Comments > JackHammer Announced
4. Re: JackHammer Announced Jul 18, 2017, 14:41 Kxmode

Wesp5 wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 14:33:
How many more arena shooters do developers think people will play? Didn't they learn anything from Overwatch vs Battleborn?

Until saturation is reached, as many as the market will bear. A decade ago it was WOW clones. Now it's FPS MOBAs.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2017, 13:07 Kxmode

Google's Earth presentation of the Amazon is amazing. This is the kind of stuff I dreamed about when I was in grade school. I distinctly remember staring at full-color photos in my Geography book and thinking, "If only this page could come alive!" Technology is amazing.

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
15. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 18, 2017, 12:31 Kxmode

Asmodai wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 03:55:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 23:08:
@Cutter, @eRe4s3r - Early Access and crowd funding are like the OTC stock market. I hope we're intelligent enough not to invest in such shenanigans.

I like to think of them as venture capital, where you "invest" based on a promise of future return but at a significantly higher risk than standard stocks.

That pretty much sums up pink sheets. Investing in crowdfunding, Kickstarter, Early Access, Fig, Indie GoGo, and a host of similar methods is a recipe for financial and emotional pain. To quote John Oliver, "as in investment, you would be better off burying your money in the actual ground, because at least there is a chance that your dog will dig it up and give it back to you one day." While I realize he was addressing Televangelists, the point applies equally well to backer funded video games with zero transparency and a high chance of failure.

Asmodai wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 03:55:
The difference between crowd funding and taking an idea to "real" investors (be it a software company, production mob or even your boss) is semantic at best, it's just different people assuming the risk.

There's a huge difference between pitching video game projects to the general public and venture capital investors. First, and foremost, Ventures want something new, something innovative, something with a potential for rapid growth, a well-developed business model, and a great management team. Enterprises want to see working prototypes. They want a full audit annually to ensure their money remains unsquandered on things like $20,000 espresso machines. Lastly, additional funding to based purely on reached milestones. Virtually all public backer games take sponsor money and go silent with the occasional updates; the complete opposite of what Ventures require.

14. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 18, 2017, 11:52 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 02:08:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 23:08:
@Cutter, @eRe4s3r - Early Access and crowd funding are like the OTC stock market. I hope we're intelligent enough not to invest in such shenanigans.

Well hopefully YOU are smarter now, Mr Pre-order No Man's Sky.

Hindsight is 20/20. But, yes, let's toss preordering into the mix too.

6. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 23:08 Kxmode

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 23:44 Kxmode

Mass Effect Andromeda, 10-hour trial, is not 10 hours. It's up to 10 hours or until you reach the door in the lake on Eos. I got this lovely message telling me to buy the game to continue the adventure even though I had 4 hours remaining. EA shenanigans strike again.

13191 Comments. 660 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo