Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16031 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive

118. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 24, 2019, 04:19 Kxmode

There are exclusive Legos at Walmart? Why wasn't I told?!  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Telling Lies Released (Honest!)

3. Re: Telling Lies Released (Honest!) Aug 24, 2019, 04:17 Kxmode

i-dont-believe-you.gif  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

115. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 23, 2019, 23:45 Kxmode

Everything you need to know about Epic Game Store's shenanigans are found in these two videos.  

News Comments > Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed

13. Re: Fortnite B.R.U.T.E.s Nerfed Aug 23, 2019, 17:57 Kxmode

"you brute! you brute! you brute! you filthy brute!"
"there. there."

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous

1183. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Aug 23, 2019, 10:49 Kxmode

Holy crap! This thread as 1183 posts.  

111. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 23, 2019, 10:21 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 16:54:

Kxmode wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 15:45:

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 15:32:

Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 21:09:

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 20:45:
Friends is a third party exclusive on Netflix.
Oddworld is a third party exclusive on EGS.

Friends had a first-party run on NBC (the network that produced the series) for the entirety of its show. In gaming equivalence, it was released on the NBC platform first, then eventually appeared on a third-party platform. (e.g. EA releases their game on Origin, then 15-years later releases the game exclusive on Steam or EGS)

Oh, so you're ok if, instead of putting new games as exclusives, EGS pays devs to pull old games off of Steam. Gotcha.

You're really, really reaching here...

Reaction

It's not a strawman. You tried to say that the difference is that Friends is on a different platform for the first time.

The reality is, Friends is a paid-for exclusive. And it's far from the only one. You want to claim it was a 1st party? How about Community? Community aired on NBC, but it was produced by Sony. In later seasons, NBC had it for free, paying literally 0 dollars towards it. But, as a contingency, Sony could only air it there. It wasn't NBC first party, but NBC aired it exclusively. And now, it's on Hulu exclusively, as I cannot stream it under any other subscription.

Meanwhile, nearly every EGS game is also available on consoles. I can buy Community, just not subscribe. You can buy Metro at Walmart, just not for PC.

I wrote "Friends had a first-party run on NBC (the network that produced the series) for the entirety of its show."

You wrote "You tried to say that the difference is that Friends is on a different platform for the first time" and then you proceed to go into more detail based on your statement.

That's a literal strawman response. As the comic states: you misrepresented my argument to make it easier to refute.

News Comments > Fez Free on Epic Games Store

11. Re: Fez Free on Epic Games Store Aug 23, 2019, 10:13 Kxmode

Ladron3dfx wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 21:35:
Epic Games Store is so convenient, I love having all my games in one place.

No EGS, No Sale.

Have you repurchased all your GOG games on EGS?

News Comments > Fez Free on Epic Games Store

10. Re: Fez Free on Epic Games Store Aug 23, 2019, 10:03 Kxmode

- Subsidized crowdfunded refunds
- Subsidized customers
- Subsidized publishers

Because no one would willingly go to EGS otherwise...

News Comments > Hades on Steam This Year

1. Re: Hades on Steam This Year Aug 22, 2019, 20:29 Kxmode

I KNOW! i know.  

100. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 22, 2019, 15:51 Kxmode

100. Thanks, Tim Sweeney! Smash  

99. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 22, 2019, 15:50 Kxmode

98. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 22, 2019, 15:45 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 15:32:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 21:09:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 20:24:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 20:13:
Beamer wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 17:46:
Not illegal but criminal? Those mean the same thing.
Also, where can I stream Friends again?
Isn't illegal defined because of written law. Isn't it Criminal Behavior according to any other industry, in first world countries. I.e. is there an industry where bribery and bullying is allowed, currently?

Another words if some law like "The RICO Act" was written for specific industries to prevent "price fixing" or some other anticonsumer practices but had never been applied to video game industry. There wouldn't be current language to specify it, until it was taking up by the Justice Dept, correct?

Was the Friends comment directed at me or was Streaming your example of an industry where bribery is allowed?
No bribery occurred. It was a business transaction. Perfectly legal, moral, ethical and fabulous.

The Friends comment also went over my head.

Friends had a first-party run on NBC (the network that produced the series) for the entirety of its show. In gaming equivalence, it was released on the NBC platform first, then eventually appeared on a third-party platform. (e.g. EA releases their game on Origin, then 15-years later releases the game exclusive on Steam or EGS)

Oh, so you're ok if, instead of putting new games as exclusives, EGS pays devs to pull old games off of Steam. Gotcha.

You're really, really reaching here...

Reaction

News Comments > Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Battles for PC Next Month

1. Re: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Battles for PC Next Month Aug 22, 2019, 15:42 Kxmode

Looks like that'll be a fun thing to watch on Twitch.

The PC version of the game also includes the full story mode, with an epic storyline written and voice directed by writer/director Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid, Nightwing, Batman: Gates of Gotham). The mode also features original artwork by Eisner Award-winning illustrator Dan Mora (Go Go Power Rangers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Klaus). In this new mode, players experience a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed Shattered Grid event from Boom! Studios’ Power Rangers comic book series. When Lord Drakkon, an evil alternate version of Tommy Oliver, sets off a massive campaign across time and space to destroy all Power Rangers, they must band together and fight back, before all of existence falls to his armies.

Oh, wow. Definitely adding to my Wishlist.

91. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 22, 2019, 12:53 Kxmode

grudgebearer wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 12:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 12:21:
You got it bass ackwards.
Epic is not responsible for what Kickstarter funded developers do.

Epic is 100% responsible for going to a developer and saying, "we will give you a boatload of cash to be an EGS exclusive, but if you take the cash, you have to renege on providing Steam/GOG copies of your games even though you stated that you would do so in the Kickstarter campaign."

The developer being unethical in agreeing to those terms, doesn't change the fact that Epic requiring the dev to screw over their kickstarter backers is in and of itself unethical.

Even a five-year-old with basic common sense gets this. It's almost impossible to argue such things with an irrational person.

90. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 22, 2019, 12:45 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 11:24:
Prez wrote on Aug 22, 2019, 11:20:
It's like they don't give a shit.
And why should they give a shit, nothing Epic does can hurt them.

Quite literally, everything they do hurts themselves, including when their CEO talks on Twitter. There's the truth according to EGS fans, and then there are facts and facts don't have sides. We're citing known facts about EGS, Epic's unethical and immortal business decisions, and the occasional mention of Tim's tone-deafness.

News Comments > Bee Simulator Trailer

4. Re: Bee Simulator Trailer Aug 21, 2019, 23:18 Kxmode

Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 23:15:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 20:55:
To bee or not to bee, that is the question.

What ever happened to the Ant Simulator?

Liquor and strippers is what happened to Ant Simulator...

Ant, can you concur?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Roadmap Includes The Rise of Skywalker

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Roadmap Includes The Rise of Skywalker Aug 21, 2019, 21:21 Kxmode

...and, no doubt, The Rise of Microtransactions  

78. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 21:18 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 21:11:
You know that had nothing to do with ethics, right.
Beamer has already straightened that out in this thread, if I'm not mistaken. As for EPIC, this is what the DARQ dev said "the exchange was polite and professional."
Quit trying to make this about ethics, because it's not.

"Epic exclusivity is unethical because Epic knows what they're doing is wrong, as seen in their response related to Metro Exodus and other titles. The fact they were willing to do it again for another indie title shows Epic has no ethics."

3/21/2019: "Epic on pulling Metro Exodus from Steam: 'We don't want to do that ever again'" source

8/17/2019: "I had just announced DARQ release date on Steam - pulling the game off Steam a few days after Steam release date announcement would forever ruin the credibility of my studio."
source

The facts speak for themselves.

76. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 21:09 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 20:24:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 20:13:
Beamer wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 17:46:
Not illegal but criminal? Those mean the same thing.
Also, where can I stream Friends again?
Isn't illegal defined because of written law. Isn't it Criminal Behavior according to any other industry, in first world countries. I.e. is there an industry where bribery and bullying is allowed, currently?

Another words if some law like "The RICO Act" was written for specific industries to prevent "price fixing" or some other anticonsumer practices but had never been applied to video game industry. There wouldn't be current language to specify it, until it was taking up by the Justice Dept, correct?

Was the Friends comment directed at me or was Streaming your example of an industry where bribery is allowed?
No bribery occurred. It was a business transaction. Perfectly legal, moral, ethical and fabulous.

The Friends comment also went over my head.

75. Re: Oddworld: Soulstorm an EGS Exclusive Aug 21, 2019, 20:55 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 19:07:
grudgebearer wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 16:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 21, 2019, 16:12:
annnnd crickets

Because there's nothing ethically wrong with subverting Kickstarter backers, by offering a dev house who kickstarted their game with the stated expectations that it would be delivered via Steam?

Nothing unethical about swooping in and making getting a publisher to go EGS exclusive a month out from game launch after they'd already sold pre-orders on Steam or other platforms?

Nah, nothing morally bankrupt or unethical about using boatloads of Fortnight money to coerce developers into screwing over their pre-order customers and kickstarter backers.

If Epic zombified Michal Jackson and Jeffrey Epstein and put them on their board of directors, you'd defend the move by saying "Who knows children better than those two?"

Immoral and unethical acts are things like lying, cheating, stealing, and the like. None of Epic's business decisions fall under these categories.

What is immoral is comparing Epic's perfectly normal business decisions to pedophiles.

Unethical = what you consider wrong
Immorality = what a community or society defines as wrong

Epic exclusivity is immortal because instead of focusing on making their store better than Steam, they went the route of locking down third-party PC games to their store; something that didn't exist until this year. Further, crowdfunded titles that had commitments to Steam users are now exclusive to EGS with a progressive refusal of refunds; and only did it when the backlash was fierce. The store is sub-par and barely functional with its lack of modern amenities. Forcing people to buy games under such conditions is seen as immoral by most PC gamers.

Epic exclusivity is unethical because Epic knows what they're doing is wrong, as seen in their response related to Metro Exodus and other titles. The fact they were willing to do it again for another indie title shows Epic has no ethics.

16031 Comments. 802 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >