Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11388 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2016, 12:45 Kxmode

Pigeon wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 11:41:
Perhaps that is the first generation of squirrels that has evolved to have telekinetic abilities. When they take over the world, we'll know who to blame.

When squirrels get distracted do they look away and yell "DOG!!!"?

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Egypt Civilization Announced (Not by Firaxis)
2. Re: Egypt Civilization Announced (Not by Firaxis) Mar 3, 2016, 11:31 Kxmode

Call it PharWoah!  

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

News Comments > Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding
14. Re: Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding Mar 2, 2016, 10:52 Kxmode

descender wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 10:43:
Also, at this point I'm convinced that Chris Roberts must have touched kxmode in his no-no spot.

If by no-no spot you mean my credit card, yes, he touched my no-no spot.

13. Re: Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding Mar 2, 2016, 10:45 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 06:21:
The problem is that if you had any idea how game development works you'd not be surprised at this at all.... even decent indy devs can end up running themselves against a rock, feature creeping and never ending up with a fun product that's worthy to be released. Game development isn't a science where you mix ideas and suddenly they produce a fun game out of thin air once you input X amount of money.... and "street cred" means jack shit nowadays. The digital sales landscape has drastically changed the past 2 years.

What you say and mean is total nonsense. Just because you don't like crowdfunding games we should wipe these above mentioned games out of existence or what? Because that would have been the result had your oppinion any sway in gamer communities (thankfully most of us are old enough to know what patience means, and we don't cry over 20$ lost on 1 project of 20 ,p)

Btw, FIG and all those other platforms that are not KS and indiegogo are another matter imo.

With all due respect there's a huge difference between patience and expectation. My patience is based on the expectation of what the company pitches to me (the backer), what they say to the media, and in dev videos. I can assure you that my reaction to crowdfunding and early access is a product of their failure to deliver on their promises.

It's based on experience. Every single project I backed has yet to be fully released. I've backed non game projects like an animated series called Hullabaloo; created by former Disney animation professionals. If a few of these projects missed their target date or were released late I wouldn't mind, but virtually all of them have done this proving to me that for the most part crowdfunding is a dismal failure. Basically the only thing that I backed that turned out to be successful was MADE, a video game museum in Oakland, California. They were raising funds to keep their museum open for the next few years.

I really appreciate your point of view on this matter but you have to understand something. When someone is repeatedly lied to, taken for a sucker, not given what they paid for according to the pitch eventually this erodes trust. When these pitch people make promises to potential backers they better deliver. So until I see more evidence of companies actually delivering on their promises I stand by what I said. I will not back crowdfunded or buy early access games.

8. Re: Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding Mar 2, 2016, 03:47 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 03:15:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 00:41:
I hate crowdfunding and I hope it dies a painful death it deserves. It's the video game funding equivalent of snake oil salespeople. Like this bullshit.

Short-sighted much? There are plenty of good/great games that wouldn't exist without crowdfunding. Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, Broken Age, FTL, Hand of Fate, Sunless Sea, SUPERHOT, Distance, Road Redemption, Grim Dawn, Undertale, Satellite Reign, Elite Dangerous, Divinity: Original Sin, The Long Dark, Xenonauts, Armello, Hand of Fate, Risk of Rain, Banner Saga, LISA, Dropsy...

But yes, let's wipe all those games from existence because of a few failed projects. You may not like crowdfunding but let's not pretend that it hasn't helped bring good games to fruition.

The Fig crowdfunding platform is the next bullshit scam. I stand by what I said and I mean it.

5. Re: Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding Mar 2, 2016, 00:41 Kxmode

I hate crowdfunding and I hope it dies a painful death it deserves. It's the video game funding equivalent of snake oil salespeople. Like this bullshit.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Trailer
7. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Trailer Mar 2, 2016, 00:01 Kxmode

Remember Batman Arkham Knight? Remember Battlefield Star Wars? Wait a week! Let other people pay and play. Let them deal with the headaches. Let them bitch about it via Steam reviews. If none of that happens and it turns out to be a legit product... then buy.  

News Comments > Diablo III Secret Cow Level
1. Re: Diablo III Secret Cow Level Mar 1, 2016, 22:07 Kxmode

Not cows. Hellish bovines.  

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
14. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 20:00 Kxmode

Nate wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 19:52:
Wow, several negative views.

Played a full game of this early access version. From what the current version plays like, I'm expecting the release version to be great fun.

Is it better than or on par with Sins of the Solar Empire?

10. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 14:24 Kxmode

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 14:06:
Bought it and have shelved it already. More like MOO 3 than MOO 2.

If you have less than 2 hours you should be able to get a refund.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Anniversary & Patch
5. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Anniversary & Patch Mar 1, 2016, 14:23 Kxmode

sauron wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 13:21:
Gnomes are OK. A bit chewy. Not as tasty as hobbits.

Perfect for punting! Fantasy's favorite past time!

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Syndicate: The Last Maharaja
4. Re: Assassinís Creed Syndicate: The Last Maharaja Mar 1, 2016, 14:17 Kxmode

nin wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 13:17:
I keep meaing to go back and finish this one. I really like it, compared to previous years, but it does become a situation where you chase the same mission types way too many times.

It IS nice that all post launch DLC is single player based, in this case. Cool there.

I think developers know there are completionist gamers who like this type of gameplay. That's why they keep putting it in their open-world games. Happens in Mad Max, GTA5, and others. Even Witcher 3 had it; although CDPR did a really good job mixing up the side quests so they didn't always feel the same. Anyhow if you stick with the main quest in most games it's typically a unique mission / quest each time.

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Syndicate: The Last Maharaja
2. Re: Assassinís Creed Syndicate: The Last Maharaja Mar 1, 2016, 12:22 Kxmode

A game about acrobatic feats and they have an Indian guy named Duleep. "Do leap!"  

2. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 11:59 Kxmode

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 10:28:
Must resist to buy!

Check out Stardew Valley! Super cheap and not an early access title. It's The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past meets Harvest Moon meets Animal Crossing.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Anniversary & Patch
1. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Anniversary & Patch Mar 1, 2016, 11:51 Kxmode

Started playing Asheron's Call 2 yesterday. Pretty cool! I don't remember this but it appears AC2 was the first MMO to introduce the talent tree system.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2016, 11:16 Kxmode

nin wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 08:46:
Minus 100 pages in the middle (Sadie and the broom) I thought it was a great book. Looking forward to seeing it once it's all available...

Seen comments from those who say they've read the book. Most say the series is very different from the book, but they also like it. A testament to the screenplay and gifted actors; and no doubt having King be the executive producer helps. I would not be surprised if the series wins an Emmy.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2016, 00:03 Kxmode

Really enjoying 11.22.63 on Hulu Plus. It's worth the subscription fee.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 29, 2016, 23:10 Kxmode

NicklePop wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 21:39:
Most of you who have already commented are clinically insane.

Is that your professional opinion Dr. Nicklepoop?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2016, 20:29 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 20:18:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 20:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 19:53:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 16:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 16:31:
Good point, the lower pressure probably is a contributing factor, although I don't recall them ever saying that.

Definitely. It's one of the main reasons why Astronauts constantly exercise on the space station.

Strange, only on bluesnews is low pressure even mentioned when it comes to exercising astronauts. Someone better tell NASA! http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/astronauts/living-exercising.asp
TLDR

Yeah, strange.

Yep, low pressure was not mentioned once.

I realize this. If you blindly search the article for "air pressure", "air", or "pressure" you won't find it in the article. That's irrelevant. The entire article is taking about microgravity - which causes no air pressure in space - and its effects on blood including anemia, infections, and fucking blood clots... which is what we were talking about initially.

Sometimes I wonder about you RedEye.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 29, 2016, 20:16 Kxmode

Even if Chairman Roberts could pull that off in order to achieve those "large scale battles" everyone would need a $4,000 computer and a 100Mbps broadband connection; not to mention the servers would need to be extra beefy to handle the load. This is why most developers go for the lowest common denominator. A nice blend of fidelity and realistic expectations.  

11388 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo