Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11453 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2016, 19:40 Kxmode

but that beats the heck out of the Julius Caesar treatment, don't you think?

Is that when a trusted friend (let's call him Brute) betrays you by literally stabbing you in the back with a pocket knife he calls Caesar?

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2016, 19:36 Kxmode

similarities were "unequivocal".

When Lindsay smokes crack everything looks unequivocally like her, even stop signs.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
55. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 15, 2016, 18:18 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 17:58:
Star Citizen is using a modified Cry Engine and not Unity though.

I know. That was the comparison. Rockstar doesn't use off-the-shelf game engines to create their AAA titles. They create their own from scratch. They do that because they know the scope of game they wish to create. Chris has admitted in numerous interviews that he did not know the scope of Star Citizen and only increased its scope based on the money coming in. That's the difference between the Rockstars, CD Projekt Reds and Bethesdas of the world... and CIG.

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 17:58:
With the scale of what they're trying to do vs any other cry engine game, I bet a fair chunk of the budget is going towards engine modification, however.

Definitely. Even if CIG by some miracle was able to modify CryEngine to achieve all their goals they will NEVER recoup their costs because they are not going to make additional games with it, and I don't believe they would ever be able to license it because most of foundation is owned by CryTek. This is precisely why Rockstar, CD Projekt Red, iD, Bethesda and other development studios thrive. They spend a large sum developing their own engines for specific needs, and then reuse those engines many times over for future games. They also license the engine out to other studios or other studios within their family of companies.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2016, 18:25.

52. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 15, 2016, 17:47 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 15:57:
To put the amount of money they have for the development for this game in perspective, GTA IV cost a little over 100 million to make back in 2007 (a record at the time for the most expensive game development cost), with a significantly older engine and lower fidelity than what is being aimed for in SC. Not to mention the difference in scope between the two titles.

To put things even more in perspective, Rockstar didn't use the Unity engine to create GTA4. They built their own engine from the beginning to handle their specific needs. The RAGE engine went on to power nearly a dozen games including GTA5. So Rockstar got their money back multiple times over for engine development costs.

News Comments > AMD's VR Headset & Dual-GPU Pro Video Card Announced
12. Re: AMD's VR Headset & Dual-GPU Pro Video Card Announced Mar 15, 2016, 17:42 Kxmode

The hardware should NEVER be tethered to the device, the device should ALWAYS be tethered to the hardware otherwise this is going to be a very expensive out-dated tech the moment it hits market.

50. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 15, 2016, 15:32 Kxmode

Dev wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 09:30:
$100 million would be a long time for many sensible studios. This one? Not so much the way they are throwing it away (such as the sub studios/offices they opened in other locations, and then closed again), or the expensive voice acting, etc.

They're doing it for the fidelatay and immershuns. You just don't know!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2016, 15:29 Kxmode

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 14:24:
As does Lindsay

Drummer

He's here all week folks. Try the lobster!

45. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 15, 2016, 03:11 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 01:44:
Who are these morons paying thousands for a jpeg?

Typically gray market whales... like this guy.

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
8. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 03:07 Kxmode

My reaction  

41. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 19:19 Kxmode

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 17:51:
Hump wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 15:11:
These cunts get 110 mill yet the great Descent reboot (Overload) guys can't even make their kickstarter goal.

Donald Trump has a realistic shot at being the President of the United States.

Something seriously wrong with this world.

Can we all agree not to talk politics on a video game site?

32. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 16:10 Kxmode

Hump wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 15:11:
These cunts get 110 mill yet the great Descent reboot (Overload) guys can't even make their kickstarter goal.

Maybe because there's already a Descent reboot that's actually authorized by the owners of the Descent franchise.

Edit: Overload "Successfully raised $306,537 USD with 4,896 backers". Not sure what you're complaining about.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2016, 17:20.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 14, 2016, 16:06 Kxmode

J wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 15:51:
Clickbaiting discovered

oh noes! freaking out commencing!

23. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 14:21 Kxmode

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 13:34:
It's getting better...but still not really playable. I did one of the EVA missions, but my ship freaked out on me when I tried to get back inside. It started spinning when I bumped into it...then I started spinning...then the universe exploded resulting in a crash to desktop.

Don't you hate when the universe explodes. I know I do.

18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 13:07 Kxmode

rudra wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 13:04:
KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 12:58:
Maybe soon Chris will do full motion hollywood movie

that already happened in 1999, chief

Writing Credits (WGA)
Chris Roberts ... (characters)
Chris Roberts ... (story)

Here's some of the genius dialog:

Rosie Forbes: You've got balls.
Maniac: You should see 'em.
Rosie Forbes: Mine are bigger.

----

Angel: I hope it felt very good.
Rosie Forbes: Better than sex.
Angel: Bullshit.
Rosie Forbes: Better than sex with myself.

----

Maniac: Now that was a sweet 360!
Rosie Forbes: Actually, that was a 540.
Maniac: Did you just do that to impress me?
Rosie Forbes: I'm just trying to redirect some of that testosterone. You're a total... Maniac.

And so forth...

17. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 13:04 Kxmode

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 12:58:
Maybe soon Chris will do full motion hollywood movie

He is. It's called Star Citizen.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 14, 2016, 12:05 Kxmode

Tom Clancy's The Division debuts at number on the GfK Chart-Track top 30 chart of bestselling PC games in the U.K.

Stephen, I think that sentence is missing the critical piece of information. What place did The Division debut at?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2016, 11:34 Kxmode

Let's hear what Starman thinks about PI day!  

12. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 11:29 Kxmode

Slashman wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 11:28:
Well I'll ask it if no one else will: Where is Mr. Smart?

You didn't do it correctly.

DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

Okay he should appear sometime today...

7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 11:14 Kxmode

Star Citizen is the video game equivalent of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
36. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 13, 2016, 22:44 Kxmode

The Division was beat by a indie game called Stardew Valley. Suck it Ubi!  

11453 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo