Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14064 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Paladins Officially Released
7. Re: Re: Paladins Officially Released May 12, 2018, 05:08 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on May 11, 2018, 08:01:
Only you're saying "active" ...

"Join 25+ million players in Paladins" implies over 25 million available players. So no, I'm not the only one saying it.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2018, 02:04 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on May 5, 2018, 09:46:
Exactly.

So you were implying innuendo. Well, whatever the meaning, please keep to yourself.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

5. Re: Paladins Officially Released May 11, 2018, 01:58 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on May 10, 2018, 19:12:
"Join millions of players in CS"
"Oh my god this is a lie! There is no server that where you can play with millions of players simultaneously! The max is like 32!"

I'm not referring to the server or map cap. I'm referring to their dishonesty of equating the total number of registered users for their active player base. In other words, they're inflating how many people actually play their game today. For a PVP MOBA it's not good to cheese the actual player numbers.

News Comments > Get The Flame in the Flood for Free in Humble Spring Sale
5. Re: Get The Flame in the Flood for Free in Humble Spring Sale May 11, 2018, 01:50 Kxmode

I don't understand why they still call themselves Humble. When they started the word appropriately conveyed their helping charities and the size of what they offered for name-your-own price. But now, they're a proper distribution platform like GOG. They're not "Humble" anymore. They should change their name to HUGE.  

3. Re: Paladins Officially Released May 10, 2018, 15:57 Kxmode

fawker wrote on May 10, 2018, 05:27:
Not active, no.

Right. So when they say, "Join 25+ million players in Paladins" this is a fabrication.

News Comments > First BlizzCon Tickets Sold Out
2. Re: First BlizzCon Tickets Sold Out May 10, 2018, 15:51 Kxmode

Never fear. You can buy scalper's tickets for $450 a piece or 2 for the super bargain price of only $1,999.99 on Ebay. They come with free shipping!  

News Comments > EA Financials
5. Re: EA Financials May 9, 2018, 20:53 Kxmode

@CJ - EA laid off 15-20 the core Sims developers. "Sims VIP speculates that the staff layoffs are due to a move to mobile for The Sims 5 but this is something we've been unable to confirm."

3. Re: EA Financials May 9, 2018, 18:38 Kxmode

Going full mobile implies The Sims on PC wasn't performing well.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Includes "Single-Player Stories"
12. Re: Battlefield V Includes May 9, 2018, 18:36 Kxmode

Money idea: Procedurally generated landscapes filled with zombies for the ultimate 90's Battle Royale experience.  

1. Re: EA Financials May 9, 2018, 18:28 Kxmode

If The Sims is such a great PC success, why are they going full mobile with the franchise?  

1. Re: Paladins Officially Released May 9, 2018, 18:25 Kxmode

So misleading! I highly doubt the game has 25+ million active players.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2018, 09:27 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on May 4, 2018, 21:36:
Kxmode wrote on May 4, 2018, 21:13:
"After WWIII in the next 30 years or so..." You say that like you know for a certainty what's going to happen in 30 years. That's cute...
You are on shaky ground to question anyone else's beliefs/assumptions...

That's not a belief or an assumption. It's a blanket statement based on no evidence.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2018, 21:13 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2018, 11:42:
Lol @ Heathrow pic. Flight to Alderaan - Cancelled. Hahaha!

Man, this May the Fourth thing is how myths/legends/religions start. After WWIII in the next 30 years or so it will grow into an actual religion amongst the surviving children. Much like the kids in Mad Max Thunderdome with the tell of Captain Walker and the pockyclips.

"After WWIII in the next 30 years or so..." You say that like you know for a certainty what's going to happen in 30 years. That's cute...

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2018, 21:10 Kxmode

May the fourth be with you. It's a Star Trek joke right? Nanoo, nanoo. Good times.

"I thought Denzel Washington's performance in Rocky was superb. Almost as good as Patrick Stewart's stint as Iron Man and Arnold Schwarzenegger's Oscar-Worthy Wall Street."

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2018, 14:58 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2018, 19:54:
Kxmode wrote on May 2, 2018, 16:21:
Flat-Earthers Think 'Pac-Man Effect' Stops Us Falling Off the Edge of the Planet.

Sigh. Sigh

Hey KX. Fascinating podcast with Sam Harris and New Testament scholar Bart Ehrman.

As a general rule, I avoid anyone with the label "New Testament scholar." Their knowledge is based on a Constantine-era corruption of the scriptures. (Aside: I know 5-year old children who know more about the Bible than these people.)

News Comments > GeForce 1060 Hotfix
5. Re: GeForce 1060 Hotfix May 4, 2018, 14:54 Kxmode

Windows 10: Driver may get removed after PC has been left idle for an extended period of time.

Classic Windows. My personal favorite was a recent update that reset the Start icons. A happy little accident...

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2018, 04:27 Kxmode

Cobra Kai is an excellent series! So much nostalgia, plus great performances from the leads.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2018, 13:16 Kxmode

Today, Youtube Red debuts a new series called Cobra Kai that takes place 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament. The show stars William Zabka and Ralph Macchio who reprise their roles as Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso.

"Show me wax on wax off!"

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2018, 16:21 Kxmode

Flat-Earthers Think 'Pac-Man Effect' Stops Us Falling Off the Edge of the Planet.

Sigh. Sigh

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
17. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 16:15 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on May 2, 2018, 13:28:
Kxmode wrote on May 2, 2018, 13:19:
A proxy statement, according to Wikipedia, "is a statement required of a firm when soliciting shareholder votes. This statement is filed in advance of the annual meeting." In other words, the announcement isn't about the quality or the state of the game. It's about helping Activision get shareholders votes during their upcoming annual meeting (likely a pay increase for members of the board).

Given that it didn't say anything about quality or state, solely mentioned sales, I think everyone here knew that?

The point is not everyone got the memo, as demonstrated by comments posted below my original post from Ozmodan, Prez, heroin, and Tipsy McStagger, and most especially from Luke's "Give me a break......pure DownLoadCrap."

14064 Comments. 704 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo