Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14333 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2018, 14:37 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 04:52:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 00:47:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 23:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:15:
Anyone watch the Battle Angel trailer? I hope they work on that CG.

I think Cameron is trying to add realism to Anime. The problem is anime is not realistic and the brain quickly tosses it into uncanny valley land.

I dunno, the anime look of the character is definitely part of it. However, the CG of the character herself is also a problem: it's too shiny compared to the live humans. Uncanny valley for sure.

I agree. I mean is she supposed to look like a robot? I mean she has an obvious robot body and a strange alien looking face and head? Or is that simply the manga style that doesn't translate well to the screen? I think the producers have no fucking clue, and should have maybe asked the author of the manga for an opinion.

I think she should look like a regular girl.

It would have probably been better to make the film traditional anime with state of the art CG.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week
7. Re: EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week Jul 27, 2018, 14:24 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Jul 27, 2018, 12:49:
EA tried giving stuff away but frankly, it just didn't feel right.

No such thing as free. You have to install Origin to get the free game. EA reports Origin numbers to their shareholders, and they can advertise other games. It's worth a "free" game.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com
36. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 26, 2018, 23:45 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:00:
And yet nothing you replied with had any bearing on the actual subject, that being about NMS, you merely replied to a reply in regards to it's relevancy of your post.

Here's my original comment in this thread:

Once again, Hello Games didn't come clean with the truth until AFTER the fact. How many copies were sold on GOG from the Next announcement?

Looks like it is all about No Man's Sky and Hello Games to me.

I'm not going to engage in irrelevant hyperbole with Beamer no matter how hard he stomps his feet.

Anything else you wish to add?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2018, 23:20 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:15:
Anyone watch the Battle Angel trailer? I hope they work on that CG.

I think Cameron is trying to add realism to Anime. The problem is anime is not realistic and the brain quickly tosses it into uncanny valley land.

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
52. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 26, 2018, 23:15 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 22:50:
What the hell, this thread has more rage than a Star Citizen thread. No Man's Sky is more of a zen mindset game, run around, zap rocks, fly around, name rocks, etc.

Woo saah, woo saah...relax, let the tension go...

I know right? RedEye, Beamer, seriously. You guys should let it go. The loathing is quite unbecoming.

51. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 26, 2018, 23:13 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 22:20:
Do you got a cape to go with that crusade?
Did you fall into a bat infested well as a child?

That's a comic book character and a work of fiction.

Have you learned not to pre-order games or donate to kickstarter?

Don't you think it's a tad hypocritical to ask such a question when you regularly post disappointments surrounding political nonsense? When will you learn not to get involved in politics or not donate to political parties when you know the status quo will never change?

So many questions, so little time.

I can wait while you fabricate more.

SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2018, 23:26.

48. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 22:11 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 21:48:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

After today NOBODY should believe anything from Sean Murray or Hello Games. This is quite literally the second time they lied to video game consumers. As the saying goes, "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on ME!"

So much anger.

Where is kind, sweet, forgiving KxMode?

I miss that guy.

Because I'm not the one who stole $60 based on a lie. It's nothing personal. It's just business.

47. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 22:03 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:53:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:49:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:42:
How do you figure that's the message? If anything it's the opposite, "you can continue to do shitty things and we'll pick up the tab for goodwill publicity".

Because the announcement implies Hello Games refused to honor legitimate refund requests, and so the money came out of CDPR's pocket. GOG isn't CDPR's charity. It's a business and a profitable one at that (according to CDPR's annual meetings). They're not going to cool with some "manufacturer" producing shady products, lying to their customer base, and then refusing to honor refund requests. CDPR is likely going to bring a lawsuit against HG to recoup lost income.

If they brought a lawsuit against HG (and especially if they won) then yes, that would definitely be a message that they can't continue with impunity. But I think that's super unlikely. This is a good publicity move, not much more. HG doesn't learn any lessons from this, well at least not any good ones.

I'll admit my comment is an outlook. However, I believe the suits at CDPR are meeting or will meet soon to discuss their legal options. If you run a business that is publicly traded (CD Projekt SA is on the Warsaw Stock Exchange at PLN$214.40 or $58.14 USD per share) most exchanges state a company has a financial obligation to their shareholders, and shareholders are not going to be happy a paltry indie studio cost their investment money.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in a next weeks or months.

News Comments > EA Financials
1. Re: EA Financials Jul 26, 2018, 21:53 Kxmode

So in a nutshell: FIFA, FIFA, FIFA, The Sims, awards.  

36. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 16:49 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:42:
How do you figure that's the message? If anything it's the opposite, "you can continue to do shitty things and we'll pick up the tab for goodwill publicity".

Because the announcement implies Hello Games refused to honor legitimate refund requests, and so the money came out of CDPR's pocket. GOG isn't CDPR's charity. It's a business and a profitable one at that (according to CDPR's annual meetings). They're not going to cool with some "manufacturer" producing shady products, lying to their customer base, and then refusing to honor refund requests. CDPR is likely going to bring a lawsuit against HG to recoup lost income. Thus, that ends the impunity in Hello Games' business practices; or at the very least stifles it greatly.

34. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 16:31 Kxmode

I love this point from CDPR:

"Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds."

Hello Games was banking on the assumption that once bought it would be hard to get a refund (like it is on Steam). Good Guy GOG came to the rescue! Super awesome of CDPR to send a loud message to Hello Games that they cannot continue do bad business with impunity. Thumbsup

30. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:57 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:52:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:22:
Sean Murray should be commended for being forthright and honest in his latest interview, he's only human after all.

Judith McNaught: "A lie is an affront to the soul, as well as an insult to the intelligence of the person to whom one lies." Being human doesn't include lying on a mass scale to amass millions of dollars. Most people never do that. It takes a special kind of person to do that and generally one without a conscience or a modicum of morality.

I recommend that you read Sean Murrays latest interview and stop being less like Derek Smart and more like the believer of Bronze Age Mythology you claim to be.

And I suggest you stop being a hater and infusing your loathing of my beliefs into your posts (with obvious metaphors). It's very unbecoming, not to mention invalidates any points you wish to make.

34. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 26, 2018, 15:51 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:20:
VaranDragon wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 03:10:
He lied. Or more accurately he obfuscated, he didn't tell the whole truth or lied by omission. There were millions of dollars involved and the hype for the game was huge. The pre-orders themselves were immense. There is no way in hell that Sean didn't know what kind of game he had in his hands, what was possible to do in the game, how limited it was at launch and how it differed from what was presented as possible.

Beamer will try to convince you otherwise, but Beamer is a corporate lawyer. He does this shit for a living.

Pfft. I left law like a decade ago now. Wow, no, that really was a decade...

It shows. You're rusty as hell.

33. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 26, 2018, 15:48 Kxmode

First, you are outraged.

So now you're a psychologist and a lawyer? That's pretty impressive. Is there anything else you do? Astronaut? Wall Street Broker? Best selling author?

Second, GoG knew. Files would have been passed at least a week prior.

Again, that's not the point of my initial comment. You do not get to stir the discussion to an off-topic idea. I control where it goes. It's my comment.

Third, I brought up GoG.

Again, not the point of my initial comment and an irrelevant side thought. I'm talking apples, and you want to discuss oranges. I'm not going to talk about oranges. You can keep talking oranges if you wish, but start another comment and express that as your opinion.

You called me obtuse, but when I asked if you assign blame to GoG, you said you assigned it "solely" to Murray.

Because I never explicitly stated that. You're creating a conclusion based on something that does not exist.

That word, solely, means you believe 100% of the blame is theirs. If they get all the blame, you assign GoG none.

Again, based on a comment that did not have that meaning.

But yes, you're outraged.

You're entitled to your wrong opinion.

Want to keep going?

27. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:34 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:22:
Sean Murray should be commended for being forthright and honest in his latest interview, he's only human after all.

Judith McNaught: "A lie is an affront to the soul, as well as an insult to the intelligence of the person to whom one lies." Being human doesn't include lying on a mass scale to amass millions of dollars. Most people never do that. It takes a special kind of person to do that and generally one without a conscience or a modicum of morality.

26. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:30 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:03:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:57:
After today NOBODY should believe anything from Sean Murray or Hello Games. This is quite literally the second time they lied to video game consumers. As the saying goes, "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on ME!"

Geezus, you sound like Derek Smart!

When you compare someone to Derek Smart you've invoked a variation of Godwin's Law.

25. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:26 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:20:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 15:06:
It's indefensible. Not only does Murray run a small indie studio, but he also works on NMS as a coder. The odds of him knowing a key feature of his product would not be available on GOG before it's release is astronomically high. He knew. He absolutely knew. And he said nothing to the millions of GOG customers. He knowingly sold the product on GOG with a crucial missing feature of Next. The guy is a bona fide flim-flam swindler.

Me thinks you're blowing this way out or proportion. None of us know the details, there very well could've been something in the works, as I said originally, and maybe it just didn't pan out in the end. It could have been one of a million things. You're using NMS's past to cloud your judgement on current events and they don't have anything to do with each other. It works on PC. It works on Xbox. It works on PS4. For some reason, which we'll probably find out eventually, as we did about why NMS didn't launch the way everyone expected, it just didn't work out for GoG. Why would Murray intentionally shaft a quarter of his customers? Why would he do it intentionally at all given the backlash of before? He wouldn't. You're being hysterical.

=-Rigs-=

It's not blowing anything out of proportion. He could have gone on Twitter and let GOG customers know a week before that the multiplayer feature of Next would not be available at launch on GOG. He chose to stay silent. He's an unethical businessman.

24. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:23 Kxmode

KS wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 14:02:
Frijoles wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 12:01:
Darks wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:57:
On top of that the big issue I had yesterday was the game allows you to double rebind keys. that caused a big problem for me to the point where I thought my game was bugged.

One of my biggest pet peeves. Apparently rebinding keys is hard to program for a lot of devs who suffer from WASD syndrome.

Programmers are terrible as designers. They lazily throw wrappers around APIs rather than design a real product.

So you get double binds here. Other systems clear out the old bind without letting you know what it was, much less easily roll back (unless you wanna roll back all changes via cancel or reset.)

Worse, they've no doubt stumbles using their own systems and are still too blind to have a teeny paradigm shift and design a real user-friendly keybind system.

Hint for programmers miscast as designers: When you have a hard time doing something, note it for a design change.

Sean Murray also runs a company and has a social media presence. It's not hard to get on Twitter and announce to GOG customers that a key feature of Next won't be available at launch at least a week or two before release date.

21. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:16 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:46:
Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 12:55:
Dev wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 10:19:
That's awesome and classy of them to do
ditto
Hmmm...not sure if serious..
Why don't u RTFI & tell me what u think
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-20-the-big-sean-murray-interview

Do you know why this interview appears in print and not on video. Because you can tell when he's lying. He laughs when he lies, and the bigger the laugh the bigger the lie.

20. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:06 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 12:54:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

I don't think Sean Murray had anything to do with it. I know he's a fun punching bag but, you know, it's gonna have to end somewhere.

It's indefensible. Not only does Murray run a small indie studio, but he also works on NMS as a coder. The odds of him knowing a key feature of his product would not be available on GOG before it's release is astronomically high. He knew. He absolutely knew. And he said nothing to the millions of GOG customers. He knowingly sold the product on GOG with a crucial missing feature of Next. The guy is a bona fide flim-flam swindler.

14333 Comments. 717 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo