Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11399 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 16:21 Kxmode

Germany catches woman smuggling cocaine in breast implants.

Gives a new meaning to the phrase "her breasts made me high."

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2016, 02:56.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 16:20 Kxmode

Tolwyn wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 10:44:
Be careful linking to Liveleak. Most assuradely NSFW.

Also, please don't link to videosift re-aggregation videos... just link to the origianl Youtube video. Tired of all the ads.

You surf the web with ads? Have you ever heard of AdBlock? (Be sure to disable it on this fine website)

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 15:58 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 11:21:
Woohoo! A neighbor just sold his house for over 100k more than he paid a couple of years ago - zero renovation. Property values here keep climbing! Thumbsup

Over the long term home prices always rise in price. That's why they're the best asset.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2016, 12:03 Kxmode

Whenever people talk politics on a video game site.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 18:22 Kxmode

$196,000 in quarters stolen by Brink's worker, feds say.

Man makes off with a less than $200,000 in quarters and they throw the book at him. Wall Street executives steal billions, cause systemic damage to the global economy, and get a $7.77 trillion dollar bailout with a slap on the wrist. Ain't justice grand?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 18:17 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 16:55:
GinRummy wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 11:23:
I know it's a bit archaic, but I'm pretty sure a quarter is Two Bits, not one, so the total is 8 bits per dollar, double what your parenthetical sum is above in the Brinks story.

Serves me right trying maths in the morning!

Don't feel too bad Blue. I still have to convince myself on a daily basis that 1 is not a prime number, and I'm a web developer / programmer.

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Patched
4. Re: Overwatch Beta Patched Mar 9, 2016, 17:04 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 15:51:
They're trying to build up a lore (it is Blizzard after all). That map description was probably what you get in-game and they just reused it for the press release.

I'm sure countries, ravaged by war, attempt to do something very similar when describing a city in their travel brochures.

Traveler: "Why are there holes in that building's walls?"
Travel Agent: "Ignore the bullet holes, I mean 'sun walls'."
Traveler: "Did you say "bullet holes?"
Travel Agent: "AND LOOK AT THIS FABULOUS BEACH RESORT ALONG THIS POSTCARD-PERFECT MEDITERRANEAN TOWN!"
Traveler: "Is that a mortar shell?"
Travel Agent: "This town has a bustling harborside, winding paths for rambling hillside strolls, along with gorgeous vistas."
Traveler: "I think this is a war zone."
Travel Agent: "A war zone? What? No. You jest! It is the ideal vacation stop for people looking for a place to explore the "ruins" scattered at the top of the island!"

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2016, 17:42.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 14:35 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 09:58:
Blue, ever see Badge 373? Robert Duvall film from 1973. So-so flick, but a great 70s NYC period piece. Man, I love those 70s films in NYC.

I feel the same way about Streets of San Francisco with a young Michael Douglas. San Franicsco circa 1970's is pretty cool.

News Comments > Punch Club Free Content
1. Re: Punch Club Free Content Mar 9, 2016, 13:51 Kxmode

The first and second rule was broken...  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Patched
1. Re: Overwatch Beta Patched Mar 9, 2016, 13:50 Kxmode

New Control Map: Ilios
Situated atop a small island rising from the Aegean Sea, Ilios is a postcard-perfect Mediterranean town, with a bustling harborside, winding paths for rambling hillside strolls, and gorgeous vistas. It is the ideal vacation stop for people looking for a place to relax, or for those interested in exploring the ruins scattered at the top of the island, where many artifacts and relics of the ancient world have been recently unearthed.

It would be nice if you could actually do those things but you can't. So why would they write that?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 23:04 Kxmode

Julio wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 18:08:
Do we get a Happy International Men's Day call out when it happens too?

Yes. It's called Bacon Day. Every December 30th.

Hmmm... bacon...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adds Content
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adds Content Mar 8, 2016, 15:38 Kxmode

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 15:02:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 11:42:
It's not bad in short bursts, but sadly is neither the Battlefront game or Battlefield game I wanted.

I agree, it's very shallow but in short bursts can be fun.

My 8 y/o actually likes to play BF2 more as it actually has bots and more maps and game types. Wish they would have just updated the graphics on it.

You let your 8-year-old child player BF2? A military first person shooter that's rated M for Mature. That BF2?

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2016, 14:18 Kxmode

yonder wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 03:50:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 00:27:
Who is Peter Bright? According to his profile page on Ars Technica he "covers Microsoft for Ars". I'm not saying he's a shill for Microsoft but he definitely has a conflict of interest. Anything he writes with positive praise towards Microsoft's direction should be taken with a degree of skepticism.

In pretty sure that "covers MS" means "writes articles about and is at least somewhat familiar with MS."

Unless they've changed the meaning, that phrase merely means that he's doing his job.

Lemme give you an example.

PC Gamer ain't what it used to be. We all know that. But one of their writes chose EA's Sim City as GOTY 2 years ago.

WE all know that should be an immediately fireable offense.

So I looked him up. He was brand new to PC Gamer and his previous experience in gaming journalism was writing for a Nintendo game (aka covering Nintendo Games).

He obviously knew NOTHING about PC Gaming and was obviously unqualified to write about it.

"Covers MS for [us]" just means (probably) he's not COMPLETELY unqualified. Nothing more. Nothing less. Do you want a neophyte covering MS?

When a staff writer for a really large and well known technology newsite is that publication's primary "Microsoft writer" this person is undoubtedly affected by their subject matter. The news industry, and in particular gaming news, is well known for receiving preferential treatment in the form of perks, gadgets, or the occasional all expenses paid flights to Microsoft's headquarters or event for whatever Microsoft decides to show off. This creates influence similar to how Gamers get defensive whenever others criticize their favorite game (e.g. Star Citizen whales having invested hundreds and thousands of dollars). If Mr. Bright was a regular staff writer I wouldn't have made this a point, but it's an Opinion Editorial heavily influenced by Microsoft. This is why anything with an ounce of praise towards Microsoft should be treated with a high degree of criticism.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 14:03 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 12:18:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 11:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 11:44:
As for the Darth Maul film. Holy.... shit. Wow, makes up for the horrible Force Awakens.

Would you mind explaining why you think a 17-minute fan film composed of 95% mindless lightsaber fighting is better than TFA?

One of the few good things about the prequels was the light saber combat. The speed and choreography was exceptional and by Revenge of the Sith, it was amazing.

As for TFA, ever have Mad libs as a kid? They give you a story and in certain spots you fill in the blanks. It was A New Hope Mad Lib. And everything in the movie was coincidentally contrived to push the story forward at the sake of having a good ORIGINAL story.
The acting was good, the cgi was good, everything about the movie was good except for two things. THE STORY, and THE MUSIC. Lucas may have lost his way between episodes 4-6 to 1-3 but he at least he could tell you a story. He couldn't direct for shit, the acting was horribly wooden, the writing was horrible, but he could come up with the story.
JJ Abram is the polar opposite of Lucas unless he's telling an original story. JJ's original work is quite good, but with Star Trek and Star Wars he's too busy feeding fan service and cut and pasting another Mad Lib to hit the intended mark.

As for the short film. It's sorta like the CGI cutscenes from The Old Republic online. They are masterfully done, they tell a story, they hold to the material. And if you can read body language at all (not an ego thing but I'm good at reading people) you can see quite a bit range from the guy playing Darth Maul even with all the makeup on. The short film, was perfect with maybe the one exception of 5 or 6 jedi, but again it was great. And didn't over-blow the main character like they did in Clone Wars series just to get more viewers.

I am one of those who realized early into watching TFA that it was a remix of stuff from Star Wars, Empire, and Return of the Jedi. Regardless, I enjoyed it tremendously. Primarily what TFA did for me more than anything is help me warm up to the new cast members so that going into Episode 8 Finn, Rey, Poe, Kylo, BB8, Phasma, Hux, and others have been firmly cemented into the cannon. I appreciated that care. Given the incredible love people have for the original trilogy characters, screenwriter Larry Kasden and JJ Abrams said an important purpose of TFA's story was to create a transition while trying to tell a story that felt very much like Star Wars.

But I completely understand where you're coming from. According to many the story for episode 8 is a brand new story as it breaks new ground and doesn't in any way have any bearing on any of the past content. Abrams stated he regrets not filming Episode 8 and added the screenplay is that good.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing. Just wait for Rogue One and Episode 8 before you write off this new generation of Star Wars.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 11:55 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2016, 11:44:
As for the Darth Maul film. Holy.... shit. Wow, makes up for the horrible Force Awakens.

Would you mind explaining why you think a 17-minute fan film composed of 95% mindless lightsaber fighting is better than TFA?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2016, 11:29 Kxmode

I'm going to buy my mom a flower. She's an awesome mother and today would be a great day to say "thank you mom."  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 8, 2016, 01:09 Kxmode

SPACE CULT!!!

Is it me or has Chris become a tad blubbery?

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2016, 00:27 Kxmode

In full disclosure the author of that opinion editorial is Peter Bright. Who is Peter Bright? According to his profile page on Ars Technica he "covers Microsoft for Ars". I'm not saying he's a shill for Microsoft but he definitely has a conflict of interest. Anything he writes with positive praise towards Microsoft's direction should be taken with a degree of skepticism.  

News Comments > Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close
18. Re: Fable Legends Cancelled; Lionhead May Close Mar 7, 2016, 18:22 Kxmode

Archived game page courtesy of Archive.org

Here's the video produced by Press Play a week ago. All of these guys don't have a job now.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 7, 2016, 16:26 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 12:00:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 11:42:
You guys already know what I think about crowdfunding and early access. Stories like these don't help change my mind.

Like anything see who's doing what and asking for what and look at your monetary position and decide.

Did that, did that, did that and did that. Battletech was the last project backed purely on HBS' past performance. I consider MADE a charitable donation. All other projects were backed on their word in terms of what was promised and they failed miserably. I've written them and their projects off as a loss. All the money I backed was disposable income... including what I backed for Star Citizen. The bottom line is I don't need this kind of bullshit. If these KS/EA/Fig/IndieGoGo campaigns can't get their shit together and be upfront and honest with potential backers I want nothing to do with them.

11399 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo