Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13400 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2017, 10:57 Kxmode

Noisy morning. Roofing company is up on the roofing doing their thing. Makes it hard to stare at C# code, but I'm really glad to upgrade a 29-year-old roof. Dance  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 30, 2017, 10:32 Kxmode

NewMaxx wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 06:03:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:03:
as for ACO it likes them cores, especially the iNtel flavored ones http://digiworthy.com/2017/10/29/assassins-creed-origins-cpu-benches/

Just FYI for people on here, and I hate posting this kind of information because I get hate (and it's why I didn't post it on [H]), but this DX11 engine is quite obviously (IMHO) tailored specifically for the 6/6 and 6/12 CFL chips. Yes, I'm sure an outdated engine (which it is on PC) is capable of utilizing a 8700K but has the 7700K matching the 1800X in both avg. FPS and frametimes despite being able to use 8+ cores. /s

Ahem, I've previously stated on here that games use up to 6 cores/threads - I've posted that in support of people upgrading to i7s, leveraging my own 2500K vs 6700K data on multiple occasions - so I am by no means suggesting a 4/4 chip is relevant regardless of clocks. I'm just stating that this engine's performance is fishy and should be no means by used to gauge future gaming performance whatsoever.

FWIW I would never settle for less than a 6/12 (e.g. 1600, 8700) or 4/8-6/6 chip (e.g. 7700, 8600), keeping in mind that a HT thread is worth about 30% of a full core clock-per-clock (which would put the stock 7700K close to the 8600K in many cases, which is why it's no mystery it was matching AMD's top desktop chip 1800X...oh no that's not a coincidence! /s) - and for the record a proper DX12 engine would utilize Ryzen far better than this one.

P.S. I haven't purchased an AMD CPU in about a decade and I posted skepticism on Ryzen here when it launched, but I call it like I see it, and this is a "bought" game plain and simple

The only bug I've experienced is audio stuttering and scene skipping during early cutscenes that I was able to fix with the following settings adjustment.

- Set Refresh Rate to 60hz
- Set FPS Limit to 60
- Set VSYNC on (Not adaptive)

Other than that, ACO runs buttery smooth on my less than beefy machine.

i7 3770K (not overclocked)
GeForce GTX 960
16GB DDR 1600 RAM
7200 RPM physical hard drive

I think people forget in their pushing to get the latest hardware that most game developers aim for the least common denominator or the happy medium. In other words, they won't optimize for very low-end or high-end machines. I've always had a fantastic PC gaming experience on a computer most people would consider old and outdated. Perhaps it's time to rethink if $500-$1000 for a brand new bleeding edge CPU or video card is worth the cost both to your wallet and to your experience. Over and over again, I see complaints from people with machines that I would consider "enthusiast" level.

I think Chris Roberts is the only dev explicitly targeting high-end machines and he's proud of that fact. It's been his thing since his Wing Commander days. Case in point, I remember our family paid $2,000 for our first computer in 1991; a 386 DX/2 66 with 2 MB RAM and an 80 MB HDD. My dad picked Wing Commander 2. Compared to my friends with 286 computers, WC2 ran buttery smooth on the 386.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2017, 10:45.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 30, 2017, 00:27 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:12:
Really diggin' ACO. Love just ridin' around looking at stuff. Really scratches my historian buff itch.

I like the hunting. I bought theHunter: Call of the Wild and while I enjoy it I also find it's ultra realism boring. Hunting in ACO is a nice blend of realism and fantasy especially when you got up against big game like crocodiles, hippos, and lions.

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale Begins
1. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Begins Oct 26, 2017, 21:04 Kxmode

Hide the Kids. Hide your wallet!  

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive in February
6. Re: Metal Gear Survive in February Oct 25, 2017, 16:17 Kxmode

According to Wikipedia, "Following the evacuation of Big Boss and Kazuhira Miller from the besieged Mother Base, a wormhole opens in the sky and absorbs the offshore plant as well as the remaining Militaires Sans Frontières soldiers. The soldiers are transported to an alternate reality along with the remains of Mother Base, to find the world full of hostile, crystalline zombie-like entities known as "creatures"."

TL;DR extremely derivative.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive in February
5. Re: Metal Gear Survive in February Oct 25, 2017, 16:12 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 14:32:
What the fuck is this even?

It's Konami basically stating the condition of their company. Kind of like "Final Fantasy."

15. RIP Fats Domino Oct 25, 2017, 14:58 Kxmode

I found my friend on Blueberry Hill.  

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
25. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 16:17 Kxmode

It sounds less like a Ponzi Scheme and more like money laundering. A Ponzi Scheme would be if NewEgg promised customers generous rebates in exchange for paying for said generosity. Newegg would then give the money they obtained from newer participants to participants who joined the system earlier.  

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
9. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 13:24 Kxmode

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:17:
Like an MMO? I don't understand what they mean by building this game as a service.

They're trying to tap into that sweet, sweet World of Warcraft cow milk. What they forget is that it works for WOW, but not other. Virtually all MMOs are F2P with cash shops. Guild Wars 2 is the only game that does this well. They don't cripple your access to content, and their cash shop isn't P2W. It's vanity stuff.

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
8. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 13:19 Kxmode

With the rare exception of World of Warcraft, the subscription model hasn't worked. So why would they think it'll work now?  

News Comments > Steam Sale Dates Leaked?
13. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 04:37 Kxmode

christheshitter wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 04:33:
Vio wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 02:22:
Give me 80% off what I want or wait another year for my money. That's what I say - my backlog's so big I can wait 5 years before needing to make a purchase.

Nah 80% is too little. At least 90% or it's nothing worth!

90%? Pfft. 100% or no deal.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
44. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 23:31 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 22:42:
Has nothing to do with the game, it has everything to do with these idiots who get on the forums and bash others for their liking of a game. Its ridiculous. Some people are just lost little sheep and to be honest need to be bitch slapped from one end of the room to the other.

Honestly, I just sick and tired of all the control freaks and haters.

So you're saying people bash you because of you like Destiny 2? Well, that's just juvenile and churlish of them. That said, you shouldn't let what others say bother you. If there was anyone on this site who has experience with that it would be me.

News Comments > Steam Sale Dates Leaked?
10. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 22:33 Kxmode

I have a huge incentive for not purchasing. $19K roof job.

41. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 22:30 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 21:11:
Been trying to ignore Destiny 2 reviews etc, but after looking at the forums, I'm (-) close to pulling my pre-order.

I would. Let others deal with the day one/week/month shenanigans.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds TruePlay Anti-Cheat Software
3. Re: Windows 10 Adds TruePlay Anti-Cheat Software Oct 20, 2017, 20:22 Kxmode

I wonder if this would make older games riddled with cheaters, like The Division, playable?  

38. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 20:17 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 17:35:
Piss off!!

No one gives a damn abut you or a crying ass bullshit.

Destiny 2 appears to trigger you. Why is that?

37. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 20:15 Kxmode

"Players may erroneously encounter Saxophone errors when launching the Destiny 2 application directly from the .exe file." That has to be the strangest error I've ever seen!  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. re: Op Ed Oct 18, 2017, 23:04 Kxmode

I am not sure if this applies, so correct if I am wrong, but I remember in Assassin's Creed Unity there was one primary story mission where I could not do it unless I had a particular item. The item in question was 115K in-game currency or $10 cash-shop currency. I had around 45K in-game currency. It would have taken me forever to do enough side missions to get 115K. That is when I was forced to download a trainer so that I could cheat funds. That was the only time in AC's series where an item gated by microtransactions prevented me from completing the game. It is also one of the reasons Unity is last on my list of top AC games.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 22:55 Kxmode

I watched The Dark Tower and found it to be an absolute mess, and likely one of the worst Stephen King-adapted films. I say that never having read The Dark Tower series of books.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Selling 4M "Wasn't Enough"
18. Re: Dead Space 2 Selling 4M Oct 18, 2017, 15:08 Kxmode

Of course it wasn't enough. EA shareholders only think in big quarterly numbers.  

13400 Comments. 670 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo