Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13644 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video
32. Re: Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 25, 2017, 03:47 Kxmode

They call it a "vertical slice." Hello Games had a vertical slice of No Man's Sky that they demoed at E3 and to the press that did not reflect the actual game. So my question is, what does the real Squadron 42 look like? Or is this smoke and mirrors?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 25, 2017, 01:26 Kxmode

swaaye wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 23:48:
It's a shame it's not based in the Wing Commander universe. That would be thrilling.

It basically is Wing Commander.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

26. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 24, 2017, 22:15 Kxmode

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
57. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 05:07 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 14:04:
Given your spiritual leanings, it will be interesting to see what you make of the ending of Horizon kxmode

Will do

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 01:09 Kxmode

Once again, I must be in the minority because I liked The Last Jedi.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test
4. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 All Backers Test Dec 23, 2017, 01:06 Kxmode

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Delayed
10. Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Dec 22, 2017, 20:53 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 15:56:
It's standard procedure and good business sense to remind players about the good things you're doing when a game is delayed regardless of the funding source.

Yes, and most publishers do it in as precise a manner as possible without fanfare and pimping merchandise. Here are a few examples of my point.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided Delayed
https://www.deusex.com/news/Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-New-Release-Date

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed
http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/update-on-mirrors-edge-catalyst

Watch Dogs 2 Delay
https://news.ubisoft.com/article/watch-dogs-2-pc-gets-new-november-29-release-date/

Outlast Delayed
https://www.facebook.com/Outlastthegame/posts/893483844096917

No Mans Sky Delayed
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/27/no-mans-sky-coming-to-ps4-in-august/

Need For Speed PC Delayed
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/165057/need-for-speed-pc-needs-more-time

Vampyr Delayed
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/184053/vampyr-delayd

Crackdown 3 Delay
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/183150/crackdown-3-delayed

XCOM 2 Delayed
https://www.bluesnews.com/s/164634/xcom-2-delayed

"Never let a crisis go to waste." Video game crowdfunding developers/publishers have figured out how to turn an apparent negative into a profitable positive without a single vocal outcry from those they wish to exploit. Star Citizen is the current heavyweight champion of this shlock. Double Fine is doing it too, albeit at a less monstrous level.

Does this clarify my point?

8. Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Dec 22, 2017, 15:45 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 03:21:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 03:12:
Right out of the Star Citizen playbook.

- A delay announced? check
- A video to jazz people up? check
- Advertise some sort of merchandise? check

You don't have much experience with crowdfunding, do you? Those three things have occurred with pretty much every Kickstarter ever. In fact, they've occurred with almost every game ever made, crowdfunded or otherwise. Games get delayed because development is all about iteration and polish, videos are used to build hype or keep the community informed and merch is sold to further fund development and promote the game.

If Double Fine starts selling vehicles for Psychonauts 2, then your Star Citizen comparison will be accurate. Until then, it's pretty stupid.

You cannot see the connection because Psychonauts 2 isn't selling vehicles. Really? When developers (or publishers) announce delays, they typical publish them in a terse, albeit positive, manner. When Star Citizen announces delays, they sugar coat the heck out of it with tons of "but hey, LOOK at this amazing video, also, buy some merchandise" nonsense. Double Fine is copying that style of announcement for their delays sans vehicles.

Video game crowdfunding is a dog and pony show for companies who don't believe in their product enough to seek VC funding or hit up a proper publisher. VCs and publishers ask the kinds of questions and demand the types of results that crowdfunding sheeple do not.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
34. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 22, 2017, 15:36 Kxmode

Picked up a few on my Wishlist.

The Long Dark
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
Planet Coaster Released
Phoning Home
Chroma Squad
Typoman
Riptide GP2 Steam Store and Retail Key

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
46. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 22, 2017, 03:17 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 16:46:
I don't think that's how Christopher Blair sounded in WC 3 and 4...

It is. Mark Hamill's voice has simply aged.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2017, 03:15 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 17:09:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:20:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 14:56:
Defying tRump, U.N. General Assembly Condemns U.S. Decree on Jerusalem

Enough with the politics!

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/ is a perfect place for you to talk about such things.

Yeah, his post was totally out of the blue! If only we had a section for stuff like that.

I asking (not telling) to reduce the number of political comments. I even offered a great alternate via the Politics subreddit.

3. Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Dec 22, 2017, 03:12 Kxmode

Right out of the Star Citizen playbook.

- A delay announced? check
- A video to jazz people up? check
- Advertise some sort of merchandise? check

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 16:31 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 16:16:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:26:
All the People Congress Is Leaving Behind for Christmas sad

Republicans Exact Their Revenge Through a Tax Bill good read
BobBob wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:25:
What do JW's think about this, from a religious perspective?
jesus bobbob, don't feed
No one cares about the cult's views.
The feeling is mutual about your rampant politics comments. I'm sure I'm not the only one who dislikes it.
Tom keeps getting better!

Now you're trolling.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 16:29 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:59:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:46:

Enough with the politics! I recommend https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/. That's a perfect place for you to politically babble all day long with like-minded folks.

We remain neutral of politics, so I have nothing to say about it.

Even if you were under a dictatorship with religious persecution? What if your involvement in politics could put an end to such a dictatorship?

Review the history of JWs living in Nazi Germany. What they did then, applies today.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 15:49 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:26:
All the People Congress Is Leaving Behind for Christmas sad

Republicans Exact Their Revenge Through a Tax Bill good read
jesus bobbob, don't feed
No one cares about the cult's views.

The feeling is mutual about your rampant politics comments. I'm sure I'm not the only one who dislikes it.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 15:46 Kxmode

Enough with the politics! I recommend https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/. That's a perfect place for you to politically babble all day long with like-minded folks.

We remain neutral of politics, so I have nothing to say about it.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 15:20 Kxmode

Enough with the politics!

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/ is a perfect place for you to talk about such things.

42. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 15:16 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 11:27:
(in all seriousness, it looks good, though I wish Mark wasn't overdoing it so much on the "MUST SOUND GRUFF" vocals.)

That's not Mark, that's Chris' direction. He basically wants Christopher Blair from Wing Commander 3 and 4.

41. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 15:12 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 22:29:
Okay the nonsense surrounding this game has reached epic levels but c'mon... Mark Hamill kinda looks badass. It's okay, you can admit it.

That's why the project is still receiving funds. The marketing team is brilliant.

29. Re: Killer virus Dec 20, 2017, 18:13 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 10:47:
"We have a responsibility to ensure that research with infectious agents is conducted responsibly, and that we consider the potential biosafety and biosecurity risks associated with such research,"

"However, we ignore that responsibility wherever and whenever we can. Don't worry, though. When we let a super-deadly virus escape, we'll just hide behind corporate legalism and bullshit for months just to cover our asses, while all of you die horrible, horrible deaths."

Yay, America. Are you guys getting tired of all the Win yet? I know I am. SO. MUCH. WIN.

Your intake of sodium is rather high.

13644 Comments. 683 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo