Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16031 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > World War Z Proving Grounds Update and Biohazard Bundle Released

2. Re: World War Z Proving Grounds Update and Biohazard Bundle Released Aug 29, 2019, 00:32 Kxmode

At this point, "three weapon skins and a tomahawk axe" is about all the Epic Store can offer.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Abuse Allegation

26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2019, 00:27 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 00:10:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 22:56:
Saying rape without proof can destroy people's lives and careers.

On the other hand, keeping your mouth shut about someone raping you just because you can't prove it in court allows them to keep raping people. Even if you can't convict someone and get them locked up, sometimes letting people know not to be in a room alone with them is enough.

It's a Pandora's Box. In the court of public opinion, the association of rape will destroy a person's reputation and career, regardless of the truth. Don't think for one minute that someone wouldn't be willing to wield it like a weapon if they know the outcome probability is in their favor. That said, if he genuinely did rape her, then he's trash and deserves to have his career destroyed.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2019, 00:19 Kxmode

Three points worth considering.

1. Blizzard's Warcraft and Starcraft series both copied almost verbatim from Warhammer and Warhammer 40k. It is also worth noting that Blizzard was scheduled to produce an earlier RTS for the Warhammer 40,000 Universe. After production canceled, Blizzard kept the models that had already rendered, which lead to Games Workshop winning a lawsuit against Blizzard. In turn, Games Workshop's first major game, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, was a giant copy of The Elric Saga, Tolkien's work, and D&D. D&D, in turn, is a copy of Tolkien's work. So Blizzard's IPs are a copy of a copy of a copy of an original.

2. The looks of Orcs isn't a trademarkable thing. Tolkien was cautious not to take his work to that level, which is why orcs feature in so many fantasy tropes.

3. A game called Alganon released in 2009 that appeared to rip off WOW verbatim. AFAIK, Blizzard took no legal action against Quest Online.

That said, the evidence against Glorius Saga is pretty damning: screenshot 1, screenshot 2, screenshot 3

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2019, 00:35.

News Comments > Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Abuse Allegation

21. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 28, 2019, 22:56 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 22:49:
Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 22:29:

Yes, but for every false allegation, how many sexual abuses do you think occur?

Add to that how many go unreported and peeps might start to take notice.

I'm not going to guess how many cases of sexual abuse are real or fake. All I know is someone making "credible allegations" is not the same as facts (there are facts and then there are events according to one's perspective).* Saying rape without proof can destroy people's lives and careers.

*Watch any daytime court TV to see what both sides say they experienced or saw.

17. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 28, 2019, 22:22 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 22:01:
Another scam involving her? Gee, what are the odds?! Rolleyes

Blackmail? "You better do __________ for me or else remember that one time?" "Yeah." "I'll make that a thing." "I'm going to have to say no to your demand(s)."

Fast forward: [Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation]

Allegations of rape can destroy people's careers (even if they didn't do it) so it's better to wait until the facts come out. Alec is innocent UNTIL proven guilty. He has due process and shouldn't be guilty in the Court of Twitter.

Popcorn

News Comments > Unfold Offers DARQ Money to Charity for EGS Non-Exclusivity

37. Re: Unfold Offers DARQ Money to Charity for EGS Non-Exclusivity Aug 28, 2019, 21:49 Kxmode

Penny Arcade's take on EGS exclusivity is beautiful and humorous.  

13. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 28, 2019, 21:36 Kxmode

Allegations legally mean "innocent until proven guilty." Infinite Falls should think very carefully about what that means. Not wanting to get mired in any potential PR mire reeks of cowardice. Instead, they should stand on the sideline and patiently wait for the facts come out, lest they forget the Duke lacrosse case or the Centennial Olympic Park bombing. "That’s all I can say at the moment. Thank you for your patience."

Plus, Orville Redenbacher is my jam.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Specs

4. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Specs Aug 28, 2019, 17:28 Kxmode

Gib007 wrote on Aug 28, 2019, 06:58:
I'm really looking forward to this game. 2080Ti at the ready for 4K HDR goodness!

4K60 master race! Highfive

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Includes Free Fortnite Content; Reveals System Specs

2. Re: Borderlands 3 Includes Free Fortnite Content; Reveals System Specs Aug 28, 2019, 15:10 Kxmode

An Epic ecosphere exclusive  

News Comments > Telltale Games Revival

3. Re: Telltale Games Revival Aug 28, 2019, 15:09 Kxmode

The Walking Undead  

30. Re: Unfold Offers DARQ Money to Charity for EGS Non-Exclusivity Aug 28, 2019, 02:23 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 13:00:
shots fired rowr - yawn
Someone might mention to him that it is the storefront who makes the rules and not the other way around.
The darq dev's asshole is showing, but all publicity is good publicity. Amirite

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 14:50:
He's such a charitable guy, I wonder if he's willing to donate 15% of the Steam sales to charity.
Peering through the steam it's clear this is nothing but a dev trying to get his 10 minutes of fame, and failing.

You exposed your true self here. No one is going to take your defense of EGS, Epic, or Tim Sweeney serious now.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Specs

2. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Specs Aug 28, 2019, 02:16 Kxmode

Elite – Ultra Setting | 4K

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X/Intel Core I7 7700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: AMD Radeon VII/Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080

I got that covered

Win10
I7-8700
32 GB
RTX 2080 Ti

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic Launches

30. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 27, 2019, 12:07 Kxmode

Estimates put WOW at about 1.2 millions subs. They said, "more than two million players who have created characters in anticipation of today’s launch." So let's suppose "more than 2 million" means about 2.2 million.
That's one million subs at $15.00 comes out to $15 million in new revenue or $33 million total.

1. Re: Unfold Offers DARQ Money to Charity for EGS Non-Exclusivity Aug 27, 2019, 11:01 Kxmode

Classy shots fired. Toff  

29. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 27, 2019, 10:58 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 10:51:
Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2019, 08:00:
Nostalgia is fun but this game sucks up too much time to bother going down the rabbit hole again.
Honestly, I dont understand why anyone wants to go back to this older version that was nothing but a heavy grind fest.

If you have to ask or wonder such a thing you'll never understand.

I've said it repeatedly to the lot of you that Classic WOW is not for you and that's okay. In your case case Darks, you have too "many other games to deal with."

27. Re: World of Warcraft Classic Launches Aug 27, 2019, 10:12 Kxmode

World of Warcraft broke Twitch's record for most viewers with 1.5 million.  

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Aug 25, 2019, 16:25 Kxmode

Some investors may wonder if in-game ads would disrupt the gaming experience for players and suppress player engagement.

This is where the advertising opportunity is so huge in video games. For traditional media, ads can be a nuisance. It's one thing that explains the phenomenal success of Netflix . You pay a small fee each month for the right to watch ad-free TV shows, and millions of consumers love it.

Video games are unique in that advertising can actually deepen player engagement. For example, the ad products that King has been testing are known as rewarded videos. Instead of asking players to spend money on in-app purchases to unlock the next level, players can watch a short video ad in exchange for an in-game reward. It's clever, and most importantly, players like it.

If King can generate half a billion from in-game ads, imagine what this opportunity could be as Activision expands advertising to other franchises, perhaps the upcoming Call of Duty Mobile . We're starting to see the tremendous value Kotick saw in King when he dropped nearly $6 billion on the Stockholm-based mobile game maker.

Mobile is the McDonalds of video games.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives

18. Re: CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives Aug 24, 2019, 21:45 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 16:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 16:33:
Look who's been going at the exclusives. Generally smaller indie devs who need that Epic Money to keep developing the exclusive game. Bandai, and CDPR already have a solid base and don't need/require the exclusivity money.
Deep Silver comes to mind.

This entire thread is about first-party exclusives dog.

17. Re: CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives Aug 24, 2019, 21:43 Kxmode

Drayth wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 15:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 14:06:
Notice how neither Bandai Namco (in the following article) nor CDPR mentioned anything about the ethicality, morality or legality of exclusives, odd that. Wink

Gotta put those fires out. man.

There are no fires. The article is about first-party exclusives. Redeye once again sees drama where none exist.

16. Re: CD Projekt RED Down on Exclusives Aug 24, 2019, 21:39 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 14:06:
Notice how neither Bandai Namco (in the following article) nor CDPR mentioned anything about the ethicality, morality or legality of exclusives, odd that. Wink

Thronebreaker initially launched as a first-party exclusive on CDPR's platform; NOT a third-party exclusive. It would be a trollish thing to suddenly discuss such a thing since the article isn't about third-party exclusives.

16031 Comments. 802 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >