Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15277 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2019, 01:02 Kxmode

OBJECTION! The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trilogy is coming to Steam in 7 days! Smash

And of course Blue reported it first.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Exodus Kills 3rd Party Keys
5. Re: Metro Exodus Kills 3rd Party Keys Apr 1, 2019, 21:16 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Apr 1, 2019, 21:04:
Personally I dont buy keys from shady Russian grey market sites so

It is mostly a blend of people who have spare game keys, professional game reviewers/publications, factories with extra leftover keys, and so forth (think a flea market). Overall it is not strictly speaking illegal. Here it is a case where Deep Silver's decision to go EGS exclusivity so quickly resulted in the factory or people at the factory having leftover Steam keys to sell. The fault belongs to Deep Silver for not ensuring steam keys deletion when sending the factory EGS replacements.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #2
2. Re: Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #2 Apr 1, 2019, 20:06 Kxmode

I like McDonald's McPickle. A joke directed towards McDonald's customers in Australia. Apparently, pickles are a big thing there. Pickle fans were angry.  

News Comments > Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #2
1. Re: Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #2 Apr 1, 2019, 20:02 Kxmode

Moar jocularity! Smash  

News Comments > Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #1
31. Re: iBrite RGB CPU 100 Core/200 Thread Apr 1, 2019, 20:00 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 1, 2019, 19:14:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 1, 2019, 18:54:
The Newegg iBrite RGB CPU* ... $4999.99
Sold and Shipped by: Newegg
https://www.newegg.com/promotions/nepro/19-0630/index.html

RGB lighting capable
You can pay for more colors. People like microtransactions, right?
Also, don't de-lid these. Seriously. You'll break all the RGB
Overclock capable, but doing so might create a small black hole inside your CPU (and void your warranty)
PCIe Lanes: 28. Oh you're really gonna use more? Please...

*Includes a free copy of LawBreakers.

What trash, it doesn't even have ray-traced RGB.

I like the part in the video where this gaudy monstrosity was hidden by another gaudy monstrosity.

News Comments > Metro Exodus Kills 3rd Party Keys
1. Re: Metro Exodus Kills 3rd Party Keys Apr 1, 2019, 19:48 Kxmode

Those are all the Steam keys the factory received for the hard copy versions of Exodus before being quickly replaced by EGS keys (technically replacement should invalidate them). That said People fail to understand that when they buy software they are not buying the product, but a license to own and use it so that gives Deep Silver the right to declare them "illegal."  

26. Re: Hilarious April Fool's Roundup #1 Apr 1, 2019, 17:20 Kxmode

Desalus wrote on Apr 1, 2019, 11:25:
Can we get rid of April Fools day please? This stuff is getting so old and boring (or maybe it's just me getting older).

Your profile pic perfectly matches your post.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2019, 16:13 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 21:23:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 11:59:
It's pretty sad when the DLC episode Ardyn for Final Fantasy 15 is better than the main game. Absolutely bonkers how well it's done. It's like Spiderman but you play the villain and his backstory.

Absolutely hilarious after causing mayhem in Insomnia you find a bench and Ardyn chills to a magazine and energy drink with jazz music playing in the background. lol!
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep was better than the main campaign in BL2. DLC allows for a tighter, more focused story.

Or in the case here a completely different gameplay experience. For example, the controls were much better than the main game. The DLC felt like PS4's Spiderman. You race around Insomnia destroying energy shield generators. Once destroyed map pips unlock revealing new things.

6. Chuck Norris a Day Calendar Apr 1, 2019, 15:16 Kxmode

"Chuck Norris fools April."  

19. Re: Hilarious April Fool's Roundup #1 Apr 1, 2019, 15:14 Kxmode

EA is Going to Remove Microtransactions from All Their Games.  

18. Re: Hilarious April Fool's Roundup #1 Apr 1, 2019, 15:13 Kxmode

Half Life 3 confirmed  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Gameplay Trailer
10. Re: The Outer Worlds Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2019, 20:18 Kxmode

Epic Store exclusive... whatever Rolleyes  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2019, 15:06 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 11:13:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 03:23:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 31, 2019, 03:03:
Only nature can make the real deal.

I'm sure you only eat wild beef and chicken too, none of that fake farmed stuff.
I only drink free-range Pepsi.

Grass-fed Coke.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2019, 11:59 Kxmode

It's pretty sad when the DLC episode Ardyn for Final Fantasy 15 is better than the main game. Absolutely bonkers how well it's done. It's like Spiderman but you play the villain and his backstory.

Absolutely hilarious after causing mayhem in Insomnia you find a bench and Ardyn chills to a magazine and energy drink with jazz music playing in the background. lol!

20. Re: Lab-Grown Diamonds Shake Up The Diamond Industry Mar 31, 2019, 03:03 Kxmode

Only nature can make the real deal.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2019, 02:09 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 30, 2019, 11:05:
Anyone seen Gumbo?
heh he, my small town newspaper misprint

Sounds like a JUMBO movie.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2019, 02:07 Kxmode

Keanu Reeves and Alex Winters announce Bill & Ted 3: Face the Music! EXCELLENT!  

13. Re: GOT Mar 29, 2019, 22:59 Kxmode

afka Rossini wrote on Mar 29, 2019, 22:24:
MisterBenn wrote on Mar 29, 2019, 13:17:
I will definitely watch that GOT video today. I accidentally made the mistake of missing the first 7 seasons when they first came out, then 3 months ago I binged 10 minute YouTube videos wildly out of order. Really not ideal, but when it first came out the episode I saw made a bad impression... the sex/violence/dialogue seemed pretty gratuitous and I didn't realise back then how good the casting and scheming was.

I'm now onboard to watch 8 in real time at least. Did I hear right that the entire wrap up is 5 or 6 episodes? That barely seems like enough time to do more than just let the characters complete their respective arcs.
It's six episodes this season. Some of them will be up to 80 minutes long.

Episode 1 = 54 minutes
Episode 2 = 58 minutes
Episode 3 = 60 minutes
Episode 4 = 78 minutes
Episode 5 = 80 minutes
Episode 6 = 80 minutes

source

For context, 50 minutes was the average episode length for seasons 1-7. Probably more like 40 minutes for me with all the PG-13 filters.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2019, 06:15.

News Comments > Tropico 6 Released
7. Re: Tropico 6 Released Mar 29, 2019, 22:25 Kxmode

aka_STEVE wrote on Mar 29, 2019, 17:37:
at this point, they are reaching near COD sequel-itis levels

Reminds me of the board room scene from Tron Legacy.

Alan Bradley: Excuse me?
Richard Mackey: Yes... Alan?
Alan Bradley: Given the prices we charge to students and schools, what sort of improvements have been made in Flynn... I mean, um, ENCOM OS-12?
Richard Mackey: This year we put a "12" on the box.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Remastered Released
19. Re: Assassin's Creed III Remastered Released Mar 29, 2019, 21:15 Kxmode

KilgoreTrout wrote on Mar 29, 2019, 17:37:
Out of sincere curiosity, having never played any AC at all, which iteration do you consider the best? Is it possible to fully enjoy the later installations without having played the earlier ones?

See my comment below.

One thing I did not explicitly state that I think would answer your question of where to start is AC tells three distinct stories in parallel.

1. The modern-day tale of the Assassins versus the Templars. Both groups have very similar aims but polar opposite viewpoints. Assassins believe in order through free-will and choice, while the Templars believe in order through subjugation and power.

2. Within the framework of the AVT feud is the Animus device. A piece of technology created by the Templars capable of letting the user relive of memories of past bloodlines. Typically from Assassins. In all of the games, except Rogue, the Assassins are typically the "good" guys and the Templars (and variations of their order depending on the game) are the "bad" guys. With the help of Animus the Assassins race around the would looking for objects of power. That leads into the next point.

3. A race of beings called the Isu lived on earth long before humanity. Having vast power and fierce intelligence, they possessed enough know-how to create humans. They represent the "gods" of myth in many cultures with the names of many known Isu even appearing in legend like Juno, Minerva, and Jupiter. However, within the Isu civilization - much like the Assassins and Templars - an ideological schism formed about how they should treat their new creation. One side desired full control believing humanity to be a flaw species in need of tyrannical guidance, while the other wanted to give humans full autonomy and freedom to find their own way. That conflict of ideas led to war until the war itself caused the Isu to vanish. However, the Isu left behind a plethora of powerful relics that both the Assassins and Templars call "Pieces of Eden" in a vast network of vaults all over the world (the game hasn't explain what the game's lore behind "Eden" is). Both Assassins and Templars seek these objects. The Templars desire to use them to control the world, while the Assassins try to prevent that from happening. You'll see in the game evidence of Isu individuals behind specific vaults having made a choice to support one idea or the other and that the decision is how "Pieces of Eden" generally end up in the hands of Assassins or Templars. This would suggest the species had the power to predict the future (which would be ironic given their predicament).

So that sets up the overarching plot between AC1 - Odyssey. As for how the games are set up. Most come in trilogies or quadrilogies.

1. AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations make up the Altaοr/Ezio/Desmond Miles quadrilogy.
2. AC3, Black Flag, and Rogue is the Kenway trilogy (Worth noting the beginning of Unity picks up where Rogue leaves off, but there is no story connection to the Kenway legacy)
3. Unity and Syndicate are separate stand-alone entries and can be played alone.
4. Origins and Odyssey are part of the Layla Hassan story arc. Likely the next game will be the final story completing the trilogy.

That should provide more insight to get you started somewhere.

On a personal note, the AC series is everything I want in a video game. It has equal parts exploration, adventure, action, mystery, story, memorable locations, alternate history, conspiracies, sci-fi elements and more. It is all the fun fictional things I like to get lost in.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2019, 06:10.

15277 Comments. 764 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo