Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12970 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > NY Times on Star Citizen
11. Re: NY Times on Star Citizen May 10, 2017, 23:06 Kxmode

“I’m already building the best game I can,” said Mr. Roberts, who acknowledged the bumps. “But imagine — the game I can build with $140 million is going to be very different to the one I could build with $10 million. If I can build a bigger and more robust experience, I will.”

This is a clear example of Roberts inability to discipline himself and reign in his tendency to scope-creep. These weaknesses are the primary reasons EA fired him.

From Wing Commander News: "In 1996, when Chris Roberts left Origin to form Digital Anvil, we were told that it was the best thing that could happen -- he was leaving the evil business minded Electronic Arts to get back to his roots. He was going to develop games that were good instead of games that would appeal to everyone. He took a risk, and it was for our good! We ignored, of course, the rumors that he'd been fired by EA because Wing Commander IV had gone over-budget."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NY Times on Star Citizen
9. Re: NY Times on Star Citizen May 10, 2017, 22:52 Kxmode

A few coworkers are "enthusiastic" backers.

This comment was edited on May 10, 2017, 23:06.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched May 10, 2017, 22:30 Kxmode

"Because we don’t want players to miss any of the great side conversations with their crew, dialogue options will no longer appear “greyed out” if a character has more to say."

I heard MEA's dialog is one of its weaknesses.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
5. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 22:25 Kxmode

Social. Justice. Warriors!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2017, 14:23 Kxmode

"Dog pr0n." Giggle  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak?
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak? May 10, 2017, 04:43 Kxmode

@mellis - Ubi fixed these issues in Syndicate. AI no longer waits. They will attack regardless. It forces you to "chain" dodge often. It also creates a bit of challenge to setup combo takedowns since the timing for AI attacks is random.  

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak? May 10, 2017, 04:35 Kxmode

@Slick - That was introduced in Syndicate. It's the exact opposite of Unity's map madness. If you want to see the extras you need to buy them from the vendor, otherwise, the map remains clutter free.  

3. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak? May 9, 2017, 22:53 Kxmode

It took six months to go from AC2 to Syndicate. The story lingered after AC3 but the gameplay in Black Flag more than made up. To date, BF remains my personal favorite of the series, followed by Syndicate. As the gameplay got worse going into Rogue and Unity, the story continued to get more interesting. Spoilers: Syndicate ended with Juno saying she was ready to reenter the world. I'm very much looking forward to that. As much as I like the series, I hope it reaches a good ending.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Plans
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Plans May 9, 2017, 03:24 Kxmode

Is the COD series jumping the shark?

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2017, 15:01 Kxmode

Blue wrote on May 8, 2017, 12:38:
Agent-Zero wrote on May 7, 2017, 13:28:
how is that even remotely "not allowed"? id love an explanation for that, if you actually think you are justified in any way simply beyond "i wanted to censor that so i did".. which of course is your prerogative, since you own the site - but i am wondering if there is some sort of "principal" you believe is being upheld by silencing any question against the authority of religion.. yes id love to hear about it

You are making off-topic posts directed at a single-user in an attempt to instigate shit and hijack threads. And now you want to pretend you don't know why? Any more and you'll have to register another new account.

Thanks, Blue. Apologies for going there and forcing action.

News Comments > NBA 2K18 Shaq Attack
1. Re: NBA 2K18 Shaq Attack May 8, 2017, 14:50 Kxmode

First thought. "The Ted Kaczynski edition?" Different shack.

15. removed May 7, 2017, 16:37 Kxmode

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 8, 2017, 12:31.

7. Re: Vaccine / Anti-vaccine crusaders May 7, 2017, 01:14 Kxmode

From the article:

----

The presentation by anti-vaccine activist Mark Blaxill drew cheers and applause. Blaxill, a Boston businessman whose adult daughter has autism, played down the threat of measles and played up local autism rates.

“When you hear people from the state public health department saying there is no risk, that [vaccines] are safe, this is the sort of thing that should cause you to be skeptical,” Blaxill said.

Two pediatricians in the audience stepped up to a microphone to denounce the claims.

“I am very concerned, especially in the midst of a measles outbreak, to have folks come into a community impacted by this disease and start talking about links between MMR and autism,” said Andrew Kiragu, interim chief of pediatrics at Hennepin Medical Center in Minneapolis. “This is a travesty.”

He and the other doctors were interrupted by boos and yelling.

“For God’s sake, I want to know if vaccines are safe!” Sahra Osman shouted. She has a nearly adult son who received an autism diagnosis when he was 3. “My people are suffering! We’re not ignorant. I read a lot. I know a lot. I educate myself. . . . You don’t know what you are talking about.”

----

There are two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Delayed
1. No subject May 6, 2017, 20:30 Kxmode

Could they have picked a more ripoff title? Overwatch: The Walking Dead  

News Comments > Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D
26. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 6, 2017, 12:16 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2017, 00:33:
I miss the days of shareware games. *sniff*

Me too! Now we live in a world where publishers sell seasons passes of mystery content for almost as much as the base game, at launch.

Remember how much fun we had at Bethesda's expense for their ridiculous "horse armor" DLC?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Oculus Announces Closure Of Oculus Story Studio May 6, 2017, 12:13 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on May 6, 2017, 02:12:
VR is HOOOOOOOT!!!!

From the article: "From the departure of co-founder Palmer Luckey and the stepping down of former CEO Brendan Iribe, to a major loss in a lawsuit with ZeniMax, it's safe to assume that things have not gone as planned for the virtual reality company owned by Facebook."

No kidding?

VR has a limited shelf life, and unless a killer app of some sort happens soon, the format will turn into the next "3D printer." It'll have a minuscule niche market that isn't sustainable by Vive, Valve, Oculus, Sony, et all, and the publishers to be profitable.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2017, 12:05 Kxmode

NewMaxx wrote on May 5, 2017, 21:48:
This is correct. There is actually an internal reason for all the suffixes. H = high performance, HQ = high quality/performance quad-core, M = mobile, U = ultra-low power, K = unlocKed, etc.

Fascinating! Wait until they get to Q for Quantum. Smart

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2017, 12:03 Kxmode

Maybe the lack of a Saturday update implies Blue may have celebrated Cinco a tad too hard?

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2017, 20:47 Kxmode

"K" doesn't represent any word. The letter is used by Intel to identify processors with an unlocked multiplier, meaning you can overclock the CPU in the bios by just increasing the CPU multiplier.

News Comments > Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D
17. Re: Happy Birthday Wolfenstein 3D May 5, 2017, 18:36 Kxmode

Slick wrote on May 5, 2017, 18:08:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2017, 15:36:
25th anniversary? I did nazi that coming!

That is not funny, anne frankly I'm offended. These Nazi jokes are taking me out of mein kampfort zone, we should probably gestoppo right now.

You really had to concentrate to hitler that joke reich out of the camps.

12970 Comments. 649 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo