Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12652 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shenmue III Delayed
4. Re: Shenmue III Delayed Jun 8, 2017, 19:28 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 17:09:
Yeah, that's not how Japanese society works though.

If the vast majority of funds comes from American and European backers, then they better learn fast.

Also, I think it's a stretch to compare a crowdfunded video game to a nuclear disaster.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shenmue III Delayed
2. Re: Shenmue III Delayed Jun 8, 2017, 12:01 Kxmode

Without the happy talk.

"Greetings, backers. Today, I have something important to announce. We have decided to delay Shenmue III's release until the second half of 2018. Here is the reason. New technologies have provided us with new possibilities. To utilize this, we need more time. We have revised the development schedule and will provide details in our Backer Report later this month. Thank you very much for your patience, understanding, and continued support."

People need to lay off the fluffy pillow talk; especially for crowdfunded projects with other people's money on the line.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 11:22 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 23:36:
Don't suppose you had your religion removed?

Sorry, couldn't resist! Whatever the situation, I hope you have a full recovery.

LOL. No problem. And thanks, me too!

BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 01:26:
Please don't become addicted to the painkillers.

Not a fan of them. They blur my thinking and make programming difficult. It's all good.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2017, 22:57 Kxmode

So glad to see Gunnar gets to hang out with a real-life, authentic Jedi!

In other news, I'm on day three of post-surgery and feeling better. The narcotics help, but I'm still sore.

News Comments > SOYF: S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS
11. Re: SOYF: S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Jun 7, 2017, 22:52 Kxmode

The developers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.  

News Comments > Old Steam Forums Closing
20. Re: Old Steam Forums Closing Jun 1, 2017, 08:56 Kxmode

aka_STEVE wrote on May 31, 2017, 15:19:
Yep, a text database history just takes so much money to keep around.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with that and more to do with creating a clean slate for developers and publishers with games that have been skewered on their forums. Sean Murray is going to be happy... I guess.

News Comments > Old Steam Forums Closing
18. Re: Old Steam Forums Closing May 31, 2017, 13:12 Kxmode

Nothing is ever truly gone online:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.steamcommunity.com

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2017, 00:33 Kxmode

Pankin wrote on May 27, 2017, 22:58:
For my money, Sealfinger was the very best Bond flick. And the song!

Sealfinger? What a horrible Bond movie. I think Spy Hard is better. The opening sequence is the best.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2017, 00:30 Kxmode

Blue, is your weatherman named Phil and did he warn about all the moisture from the Gulf pushing off to the east in Altoona?

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
73. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 28, 2017, 00:09 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on May 27, 2017, 09:49:
Kxmode wrote on May 26, 2017, 20:40:
Dacote wrote on May 26, 2017, 20:22:
But we've never had a "Science Holy War."

Really? Pretty sure the race to create the first atomic bomb between United States and Germany during World War 2 wasn't based on religious reasons. And I'm pretty sure most weapons of war have been thought up and created by scientists for non-religious reasons. Archimedes used his prowess in mathematics, physics, engineering, and invention to create weapons of war. For example, the Claw of Archimedes decimated the Roman Republic during the Siege of Syracuse between 214-212 BC. In other words, don't act like science is innocent of bloodshed and races to created scientific inventions did not result in the death of billions.
If you can't grasp the difference between technological advancement and war then I pity you.

I can. Technological advances and war are synonymous with one another. You can see it all throughout history. Slings and spears gave rise to swords, bows, and arrows, and so on and so forth; with each iteration becoming more deadly and lethal than the last. Almost all of the today's technology is the result of military application; whether for offense or defense. The modern computer was created to code break the Nazi Enigma machine. Those machines, themselves, were technological marvels at the time. The math formula for each key pressed could be described as:

E = P(p^i Rp^-i) (p^j Mp^-j) (p^k Lp^-k) U(p^k L^-1 p^-k)(p^j M^-1p^-j)(p^iR^-1p^-i)P^-1

The Internet was created in response to the nuclear threat during the Cuban missile crisis. The need was to create separate but interconnected hubs so that in the event one or many went down; the remaining could operate unimpeded. But none of that is more egregious than the creation of the atomic bomb. It was the pinnacle of humanity's inhumanity to humankind. And yes, it was entirely a "Science Holy War" because the men who worked on it invoked God or gods in their thought process, but not enough to stop their actions. Robert Oppenheimer most famously stated, " I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." Scientists have created monsters of invention; some for good, others for ill but all it theirs.

None of that has anything to do with religion. However, bloodthirsty fanatics have seized upon technology to cause great harm to people. Wise King Solomon lamented this fact when he wrote, "All of this I have seen . . . that man has dominated man to his harm." (Ecclesiastes 8:9)

64. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans May 27, 2017, 04:52 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 27, 2017, 04:28:
Kxmode wrote on May 26, 2017, 23:56:
That's the form of Christianity many hate. It is also the form of Christianity that I hate.

So much hate! Did Jesus hate a lot or something?

There were two recorded occasions when he cleared the temple of peddlers and money changers. He was pretty upset, and rightfully so. By the time he arrived, the temple had turned into a mall of commerce. The religious leaders didn't like what Jesus had done. He interrupted their thriving business ventures.

Anyway, hate is not a bad thing when it is directed towards bad. Hate also doesn't automatically mean violence. It just means an intense or passionate dislike.

News Comments > EVERSPACE Launches
10. Re: EVERSPACE Launches May 27, 2017, 01:11 Kxmode

Oh my goodness! A game I backed actually launched and to very positive reviews on Steam! I'm shocked. Shocked I say!  

62. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 27, 2017, 01:02 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on May 26, 2017, 18:35:
Seriously, though, Montana just elected a Congressman that believes Noah lived to be 600. Not only does he believe this, he uses it as proof that Americans shouldn't retire. We should work till we die.

I know I said it already, but upon learning this yesterday my mind literally broke.

Actually, Noah lived for 950 years (2870 BCE - 2020 BCE). I think he's confusing 600 with the age Noah was when Methuselah died.

61. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 23:56 Kxmode

Orogogus wrote on May 26, 2017, 21:35:
I don't see how that supports your argument.

In reference to Agent-Zero, it doesn't. There's a clear distinction between true Christianity (1%) and the fake forms of it (99%). It's not hard to identify the 99% because virtually all are sects of Roman Catholicism. It's pretty telling when many were reluctant to accept the Nicene Creed issued at the Council of Nicaea in 325. As Britannica states, "[incorporating] the nonscriptural word homoousios (“of one substance”) into a creed (the Nicene Creed) to signify the absolute equality of the Son with the Father." That was the catalyst for the Trinity doctrine; nearly 300 years after the last apostle died. They even tried to establish a date for Easter; a then pagan festival in honor to the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring and fertility (the rabbit is the most recognized symbol for this). Many were opposed to the Nicene Creed and began to voice their opposition to it. Do you know how this was resolved? By killing the priests and religious leaders who didn't agree and went along. It was forced submission to the rule of the doctrine these men fabricated outside the scriptures and Jesus teachings.

By about the 7th century Christianity had become one of the most violent religions in the world. The only reason Muhammad began his quest to create a new religion was a direct result of the hypocrisy he saw in both Judaism and Christianity. Had Christianity remained faithful to the original teachings of Christ and those found within the scriptures, I'm pretty sure Islam wouldn't exist today; nothing to speak of the hundreds, if not, thousands of Christian sects today.

The core tenets of Christendom today are based on human-made creations: Trinity, hellfire, Easter, Christmas, and so forth. None of that was found in Jesus' teachings or the Bible.

In addressing the scribes and Pharisees of his day (much like the religious leaders today) Jesus scolded them with, "you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition." (Matthew 15:6)

That's the form of Christianity many hate. It is also the form of Christianity that I hate.

57. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 20:40 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on May 26, 2017, 20:22:
But we've never had a "Science Holy War."

Really? Pretty sure the race to create the first atomic bomb between United States and Germany during World War 2 wasn't based on religious reasons. And I'm pretty sure most weapons of war have been thought up and created by scientists for non-religious reasons. Archimedes used his prowess in mathematics, physics, engineering, and invention to create weapons of war. For example, the Claw of Archimedes decimated the Roman Republic during the Siege of Syracuse between 214-212 BC. In other words, don't act like science is innocent of bloodshed and races to created scientific inventions did not result in the death of billions.

53. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 19:40 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 26, 2017, 15:59:
Christians not violent? What fucking bizarro world is this taking place in?

I'm Christian, and I'm not violent. I don't even own a gun.

You shouldn't stereotype. That's very intolerant.

52. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 19:33 Kxmode

Is there ever a big name entertainment product that features rural America in a good light? Between this, RE7, and a handful of Hulu and Netflix originals (not to mention the trailer park trash in GTA5) it seems like stereotyping.

BTW I'm pretty sure a good number of Montanaians will voice their displeasure, but it's Montana. Population: 1.033 million (2015). Well played UbiSoft. Well played.

63. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 08:46 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 24, 2017, 07:05:
RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2017, 13:44:
If by queso you mean...

I do not, not even close. Velveeta is heresy. Worthy of an exterminatus.

Nacho cheese is close to post mortem.

59. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 00:27 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on May 23, 2017, 20:24:
In this thread someone mentioned a "straight forward solution" and someone else followed up with "a real solution". Both implied that we all know what those solutions are and that they must be simple.

Well, no one knows wtf "the solution" is. And neither do the above hit and run posters.

The solution is probably something you never thought about. (Hidden for the religious intolerant:)

Revelation 17:16,17 tells us in advanced that God is going to use the political powers as a tool to wipe out false religion globally.

The United Nations is the tool through which to accomplish this. Through my personal study of the scriptures, the United Nations is identified as "the eighth king" in Biblical prophecy at Revelation 17:11.
So in an ironic twist this eighth king - the United Nations, the governing power that the Vatican and scores of other religions give their support to - will turn on and destroy them. Not only will they destroy those who KILL in the name of their religion (e.g. terrorists, lone wolves, etc.), they will also go after and destroy those who TEACH in the name of their religion as well (Mosques, churches, Westboro Baptist, etc.).

Here's where it states that in the Bible. Revelation 17:16,17, "And the ten horns (symbolically the United Nations) that you saw and the wild beast (symbolically the Seventh and final world power: Britain and The United States ), these will hate the prostitute (symbolically the global empire of false religion) and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.

This is very noteworthy because for thousands of years world religions have stood unchallenged and treated by secular governments as beacons of morality and conduits to God. However, the verse tells us that God is the one to put it into their hearts to attack religion en masse. In other words priests, bishops, imams, televangelists, their buildings, their infrastructure, their money, their wealth, their supporters... ALL OF IT to be reduced to rubble and ruin. Most zealots of the faith will likely turn violent on any remaining religious leaders.

This destruction won't stop with just one or two religions, but it will engulf virtually all of them, and it will be swift. In describing the destruction, the Bible uses the words "one hour." (Revelation 18:10, 15) Jesus stated the destruction is going to be so severe and swift that unless God intervenes "no flesh would be saved." (Matthew 24:22) God has other plans in the works after the destruction of false religion. Its destruction is merely the first step. The "end game" is the eventual restoration of the earth back to its original form under the care of perfect humans. But that won't happen for a long time. The Bible gives a definite period: 1,000 years under Jesus' rulership. (Revelation 20:1-7) With Satan locked away in a prison of sorts, his absence will provide the respite for humanity to grow towards perfection unhindered. There's more after the 1,000 years end, but I won't get into it. You can study this if you wish.

Whether or not you care what the Bible says, you can take comfort in knowing that God will annihilate religion. People will not be ready for when that happens, but as 1 Thessalonians 5:2 states "Jehovah’s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night." In other words, unexpected.

The thing I am looking forward to is the "exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." (Psalm 37:11) This is my faith, based on what Bibles reveals about the future. That's why I don't care what's going on in the world. This system is going to continue to get worse until it comes to its end.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 14:49 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on May 23, 2017, 13:20:
The thing that drives me crazy is the media gives the attackers exactly what they want. Non-stop coverage. Give me a concise report and then move on, after a couple of hours you can repeat your concise report. You are not helping anyone with literally hours of coverage. You are, if fact, making things worse.

And the media gets what they want with viewership for ad revenue. It's a strange game. The only winning move is not to play. I've stayed away from the news for about a month. Other than Blues News I am not keen to know what's going on the world. None of it is news. The bedlam continues to cycle along like a worn-out belt on an old treadmill. Most of the things people concern themselves with or get anxious over will one day be history.

Terrorism will cease to exist as will a ton of other issues, including religion. As an aside, religion, (hidden for the religiously sensitive.) as you know it, was never meant to be. It came into existence only after Adam and Eve sinned. The purpose of religion is to provide "parental" guidance from God to imperfect humans on how to behave. Unfortunately, our present condition inclines us towards disobedience. However, after people reach perfection, there won't be a need for religion.

12652 Comments. 633 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo