Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15258 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2019, 01:47 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2019, 20:55:
Sounds like they've already been teabagged by Bethsoft.

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means"

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 F2P Plans and Shadowkeep DLC Confirmed
3. Re: Destiny 2 F2P Plans and Shadowkeep DLC Confirmed Jun 8, 2019, 01:08 Kxmode

There's a Steam page for Destiny 2. Something that never happened under Activision's control.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Citizens of Space Announced
1. Re: Citizens of Space Announced Jun 6, 2019, 21:14 Kxmode

You mean like Star Citizens?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: U.S. records 1,000th case of measles, officials blame misinformation for outbreak Jun 6, 2019, 18:47 Kxmode

A well-stocked but isolated island is a sound plan.  

News Comments > Rumored Borderlands 2 DLC Info Leaked?
5. Re: Rumored Borderlands 2 DLC Info Leaked? Jun 6, 2019, 18:46 Kxmode

Whatev...  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare RTX Support
8. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare RTX Support Jun 6, 2019, 15:54 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 10:02:
Then at release: *Massive downgrade in graphics quality on conslows ( and possibly on PC too )*

Gamers: *Shocked Pikachu*

This looks like a job for Detective Pikachu!

7. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare RTX Support Jun 6, 2019, 15:53 Kxmode

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 6, 2019, 09:25:
'cuz all the roobs still buying yearly COD games are also the ones running top-end systems able to RTX it, Baby !

Did you just assume mental status?

2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare RTX Support Jun 5, 2019, 23:36 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 19:55:
I don't know if it was RTX or not but that nightvision they demo'd in the recent trailer was fuckin baller. Too bad I don't care for these games but at least they're bringing back the silly SP campaigns for people that do like them.

That's RTX.

"Out on October 25 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, the new Modern Warfare is a fully 'reimagined experience' and an all-new game built from scratch, which includes revamping the visuals with ray tracing. We ... saw the official trailer, ... particularly when it comes to the nightvision scenes."

"Nvidia reposted it on Twitter, as you can see above, so we're guessing the reason these in-game visuals look so good is because they're showing the PC version complete with ray tracing finery."

source

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis - Torment of Hades, Electric Boogaloo
1. Re: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis - Torment of Hades, Electric Boogaloo Jun 4, 2019, 21:39 Kxmode

Counter: Well hello there little boy.
Boy: Hello, Mr Counter person.
Counter: How may I help you?
Boy: I would like to buy... Peter Jock... Peter Jack's... Peter Jackson King Kong Official... Peter Jackson's Official Game Donkey Kong... [10 minutes later] ... Peter Jackson the game... *passes out! too much air used up... forgot to breath*

PJKKTOGotMPJKK Reference

News Comments > Anthem Cataclysm Public Test Server
14. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Public Test Server Jun 4, 2019, 19:27 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 19:11:
The postmortem articles on Anthem that I read said that most of the Bioware employees quit during production. :(

Right? I think I teared up a bit when I read this: 'One former BioWare developer told me they would frequently find a private room in the office, shut the door, and just cry. "People were so angry and sad all the time," they said. Said another: "Depression and anxiety are an epidemic within Bioware."' Man, that's brutal. I can't even imagine doing something I love in an environment that causes that. I hope those who suffered found better employment or are in a better situation at Bioware.

After that article, you can't fault the hardworking Bioware employee who put their best into their work, even if the game itself remains aimless. Think of all the professional game developers working under similar conditions on other games. We criticize, but at the end of the day, real people put in work hard on these products for our entertainment.

Salute

Somewhat related is the excellent two-hour documentary The Last Watch about Games of Thrones. People can hate on that last season, but there's no denying the literal blood, sweat, and tears that went into making the show overall.

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode to be Discontinued This Month
46. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode to be Discontinued This Month Jun 4, 2019, 18:09 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 17:19:
Beamer wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 17:12:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 16:41:
Today it is less relevant since most consumers purchase digital goods. They receive the brunt of borderline criminal behavior from publishers and distribution platforms that, when coupled with outdated laws, leave consumers in a predicament with what to do when a product they purchased and own is not available (or worse regionally locked when they move).

What percentage of piracy do you think falls into those ranges?
Oh I know.
0.7%,
plus or minus 0.065%

3 out 5 people think 65% of Internet stats are made up 100% of the time.

42. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode to be Discontinued This Month Jun 4, 2019, 16:41 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 14:40:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 11:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 3, 2019, 23:29:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 3, 2019, 23:25:
What is it 2002 in here all of a sudden?
What was that. The height of software theft or when GFWL shutdown?
I was wondering the same thing I thought, "What big software theft/piracy happened in 2002?"

Nah, we just used to have big daily piracy debates here and I haven't seen one seemingly in decades. During the early 2000's it was like 50% of the discussion content.

It was less ambiguous in 2002. PC games were physical products sold in brick-and-mortar stores. Today it is less relevant since most consumers purchase digital goods. They receive the brunt of borderline criminal behavior from publishers and distribution platforms that, when coupled with outdated laws, leave consumers in a predicament with what to do when a product they purchased and own is not available (or worse regionally locked when they move).

Basic consumer rights should enable those disenfranchised to resort to lawfully piracy to obtain a copy of a digital product they own. If publishers don't like it, then they need to take steps to ensure the customer can access the goods they own when needed; even publishers in the process of going out of business.

A company like Direct2Drive was prominent in the late 2000s. Today it's a shell of its former self. However, the site is still online, and I can log in to download purchases from over a decade ago. That's the best example I can give for how to preserved digital goods online.

Is any of this making sense?

11. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Public Test Server Jun 4, 2019, 16:13 Kxmode

What Is a Cataclysm?

Bioware after they released Anthem. Smash

j/k! Pretty sure the regular BioWare employee worked their butt off (to them, hats off!). The problem is the game's lack of direction because of upper management.

7. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Public Test Server Jun 4, 2019, 14:30 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 14:22:
What do you have when the Public Test Server goes down?

PTSD! Laugh2

That's good. That's damn good.

4. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Public Test Server Jun 4, 2019, 14:21 Kxmode

An appropriate name for a GAAS disaster  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Legion Details Leak?
6. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Details Leak? Jun 4, 2019, 12:12 Kxmode

Avus wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 10:49:
Is this series become GaaS??

If it is like Anthem, yes.

News Comments > Quake II RTX Specs
26. Re: Quake II RTX Specs Jun 4, 2019, 12:11 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 10:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 10:09:
Uhh lol from my own link which you obviously didn't bother reading;
"Nvidia suffered a 24 per cent year-on-year decline and a 31 per cent slump compared to the previous quarter.
Worse, the companies operating income was down a hefty 73 per cent year-on-year and 72 per cent from the previous quarter.
The firm admitted that sales of its Turing RTX 2070 and 2080 graphics cards came in below company expectations."

You might try getting less triggered by what I post and next time look for the forest instead of blindly staring at a tree stump.

Already addressed in your quotesnipe:

Uhhh lol from your own link which you obviously didn't bother reading when you googled it, they "only" made 294M in profit in a "dismal" Q4. Coincidentally when the Bitcoin boom ended no less. They have 82% of the discrete card market right now, I think they'll be OK.

Lol at the irony of the resident brand logo loyalist talking about being triggered Trollbashing

Hang on guys, I'll deal with this. Hey I think someone posted an Epic Games Store thread! WOOOSH!

I don't believe Redeye is a "brand logo loyalist." I think he simply wants to see Valve's stranglehold on the PC gaming market lessened. I'm all for that myself. However, I don't like the route Epic has chosen. They could have gone the Lawful Good route, but instead chose to go Chaotic Good; or is it Chaotic Neutral? Inquiring D&D minds want to know! anyone?

40. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode to be Discontinued This Month Jun 4, 2019, 11:58 Kxmode

Taulin wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 08:17:
People who seem to dismiss copyrights or patents are usually the ones who have never had an original product, or thought, of their own. After you pour years of your energy and time into something, you will understand the need for them. Of course they are abused, but anything as analog as a thought is hard to cover perfectly.

Patents and consumer rights as they relate to goods are separate things.

A person or business must fight to protect their patent, or they can legally lose it. Case in point, several employers ago, I was tasked with designing a Real Estate website that showed MetroList properties for sale in the greater area of several counties. Eventually, my boss wanted to show properties on a map with colored dots representing price ranges. There was nothing like this online, so I had to figure out how to build it from scratch. My boss wanted this to work on every browser. So that ruled out Java. Flash was the only rich-media solution capable of producing such a thing.

The map consisted of three layers. City and county maps hand-created in Illustrator. The stage for loading maps and a navigator so the user could scroll North-East-West-South on the map, and the ActionScript code to translate the property's GPS coordinates, based off a daily updated real estate listings, into dots that spread out from the point of origin. It was pretty accurate. Although the further from the center, the less precise the location. To compensate for this, I kept the maps purposely small. At the time it felt like a technical hurdle.*

I kept urging my boss to patent this since nothing like it existed online and thousands of people used it weekly. However, he was against it. When I asked why he said if a big company like Microsoft or Apple ever created something similar, our company would be forced to fight a losing legal battle. He said they didn't have that kind of money to defend a patent. That was in 2003. Two years later, Google Maps made its debut, and the rest is history.

*If you'd like to see the code for the project
https://pastebin.com/v8yEA4Du - Navigational controls
https://pastebin.com/tQ8UWre3 - Map code, mlsdata.asp call, property info code for dots

News Comments > Quake II RTX Specs
21. Re: Quake II RTX Specs Jun 4, 2019, 10:24 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 10:09:
Verno wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 08:01:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 3, 2019, 20:50:
Nvidia suffers dismal Q4 as Turing GPU sales fail to meet expectations

good for them because they needed it

Uhhh lol from your own link which you obviously didn't bother reading when you googled it, they "only" made 294M in profit in a "dismal" Q4.
Uhh lol from my own link which you obviously didn't bother reading;
"Nvidia suffered a 24 per cent year-on-year decline and a 31 per cent slump compared to the previous quarter.
Worse, the companies operating income was down a hefty 73 per cent year-on-year and 72 per cent from the previous quarter.
The firm admitted that sales of its Turing RTX 2070 and 2080 graphics cards came in below company expectations."

You might try getting less triggered by what I post and next time look for the forest instead of blindly staring at a tree stump.

You guys are arguing over pennies when NVIDIA owns Boardwalk and Park Place.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Legion Details Leak?
1. Re: Watch Dogs Legion Details Leak? Jun 4, 2019, 10:17 Kxmode

Well that sounds very... demonic.  

15258 Comments. 763 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo