Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16186 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Underway and Steam Award Nominations Begin

7. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Underway and Steam Award Nominations Begin Nov 27, 2019, 22:44 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 08:03:
As usual Steam sale is a pile of garbage, and everything is cheaper elsewhere.

Got DMC5 and RE2 from GMG for ~$15 a piece.

Steam doesn't set the selling price. The publisher's do. On a platform like GMG, the seller sets the price as they compete with other sellers, so obviously, the deals are going to be better than what you see on Steam.

By the way, neither Steam, the publisher, or the developer(s) makes any money from key sales. You also don't qualify for Steam's refund policy. So yeah, buying keys have benefits, but there's also a negative.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale Underway and Steam Award Nominations Begin

6. Re: Steam Award Nominations Begin Nov 27, 2019, 22:31 Kxmode

My choices:

The Game of the Year Award: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

A rare game. It's a Star Wars game that's fun to play, has zero microtransactions, is available for purchase on Steam, and published by EA. What sort of madness is this?! EA should recognize that by giving their studios more creative control, they can do amazing things. Hopefully, EA learns a lesson with JFO and carries it forward to future titles. I nominated it for GOTY to send a loud message to EA. Since they are the big-dog publisher, they do influence other companies. So if they about-face and start producing quality games like they use to, that will hopefully create a wellspring of amazing games in the entire industry.

The Labor of Love Award: Path of Exile

GGG's commitment to quarterly content, plus the upcoming Path of Exile 2, shows this series has no plans to slow down.

The Better With Friends Award: Planet Zoo

It is great fun to build a zoo with a friend! I especially love the expression on their face when I put prey into the predator enclosures! "It's nature!" I say.

The Most Innovative Gameplay Award: Mordhau

I think Mordhau has one of the best first-person sword and board melee combat systems. It's hard to learn and master. But once you do, it is so much fun. Even more surprising is how, by the nature of what it is, the gameplay accurately recreates ancient battlefield conditions. You are reliant on the whole group to win the encounter. Trying to be Quake 3 solo won't last long unless you're outstanding.

The Outstanding Story-Rich Game Award: Greed Fall

After ten hours, the story hooked me, and I stayed with it until the end. I quite liked the world-building and attention to detail (for example, the native language). It felt very much like The Witcher 2 with large explorable areas.

The Best Game You Suck At Award: Noita

I don't last long in this game, but when I do play a session or two, it is enjoyable. The pixel physics is impressive and unique! It is also taxing on your hardware.

The Outstanding Visual Style Award: The Eternal Castle

The gameplay can be frustrating at times, but, visually, TEC is terrific. Buttery smooth CGA animation and graphics. The music is very lovely too.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2019, 22:52.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free

6. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 27, 2019, 21:46 Kxmode

VoodooV wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 20:44:
I had my fun with Overwatch last year with some friends. was fun while it lasted, but the repetitiveness got me in in the end.

There is only so many times you can die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/
die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/die/respawn/
die/respawn

...before it gets old

Agreed. I would like to see them create a proper single-player story driven game. I would buy and play that.

4. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 27, 2019, 20:41 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 20:35:
The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 19:52:
Free... if you don't mind supporting a company that clamps down on free speech because it might offend the Chinese government.
It's ok. The cancerous combover who thinks the highest office in the land is a bad reality TV host was forced into signing the Honk Kong resolution. All is well.

jerry-seinfeld-getting-up-to-leave.gif

Yeah, let's talk politics on a thread about video games. That'll go over soooo well. Rolleyes

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos

17. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 27, 2019, 20:39 Kxmode

verybad1 wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 18:57:
Not really at this point. It's gotten more production money than I think any video game out there. I feel bad for the people that did spend money on it, and I think that even IF it does become a good game, those people have been tricked.

The thing is a sham. The odds on it ever becoming a good game are zero IMO.

You're outside looking in. Only when full disclosure makes it evident that it was a scam from the beginning, or several years ago, then it is safe to state that. Until then, you cannot make that call. Unless you have insider knowledge, we don't. I assume you don't, but do tell if you do.

2. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 27, 2019, 20:18 Kxmode

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 19:52:
Free... if you don't mind supporting a company that clamps down on free speech because it might offend the Chinese government.

Please stop. This is not going to lead anywhere positive at the best, or end in a Thread Lock at the worst.

15. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 27, 2019, 18:46 Kxmode

verybad1 wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 18:01:
Man I'm glad I never spent money on this...it's just so ridiculous.

Conversely, if it comes out and turns out to be a great, you'll be happy backers supported it. It's a big risk.

13. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 27, 2019, 17:08 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 16:22:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 11:44:
so the release date is now 2949 as that's when the adventure begins

Oh, stop it, please! Star Citizen will tell a story that takes place in 2949 - so it will have be finished LATER than 2949, of course, because how else could it tell a story that happened in 2949? THINK, MAN! THINK!!!

We're being cantankerous and waggish.

News Comments > etc.

4. Re: Company DONATES Money Nov 27, 2019, 13:30 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 05:32:
Before you throw stones you might ask how much Steam gave? Gabe? Apple? EA or even your favorite punching bag Epic.
These large companies got huge tax breaks. Trust me, it wasn't so they could make it rain on their employees, reinvest internally or donate to a worthy cause.

I only address the paltry sum they gave and their press release. To be sure, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is likely pleased to get the gift, but overall it's not trumpet-worthy for only 0.0002% of 2K's 2019 earnings. Had it been 3% (or 81 million), that would have been noteworthy.

8. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 27, 2019, 13:25 Kxmode

Is 2949 the release year they're shooting for?  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week

6. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 27, 2019, 13:21 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 12:15:
Know what else is coming on December 5th? Mechwarrior 5 Mercs. Guess which Ill be playing? (Assuming it's at least a half decent game)

Epic Store Exclusive for one year.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week

5. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week Nov 27, 2019, 13:19 Kxmode

Yeehaw, partner!  

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: 2K Announces $500,000 Donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society… Nov 27, 2019, 03:33 Kxmode

They gave 0.0002% out of the 2.7 billion they made this year, so far, and blow a trumpet about it.  

News Comments > R.I.P.: Steam Controller

12. Re: R.I.P.: Steam Controller Nov 27, 2019, 03:20 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 21:32:
Excellent news and lol @ Valve for their failed, feeble attempt to turn PCs into conslows.

Another quality jab from Parker. Bra-vo.

News Comments > Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch

57. removed Nov 27, 2019, 03:14 Kxmode

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 27, 2019, 09:53.

Thread Locked Thread Locked Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews

4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 27, 2019, 03:07 Kxmode

16 times the detail  

42. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 19:14 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 18:48:
Wow we've really reached peak stupidity.

I don't find the black female character attractive, clearly it's an SJW plot!! They should have made it a sexy white woman in a metal bikini! I know exactly what Disney were thinking, even though I have no connections at Disney and can't provide any evidence. Also I ate all the CRAYONS!!!

And that's not even getting into the comparing a black person's eyes to a frog.

Yup. Borderline racism.

The deflection into calling Disney racist when they employ literally THOUSANDS of people world-wide of various ethnic backgrounds for their various ventures is staggeringly imbecilic.

39. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 18:14 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 16:45:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 16:30:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:37:
I'm also curious as to what makes you think Cere is SJW material... because other than being female, there's nothing in her character dialog that I saw that could be used to put her in the incel's SJW column. her character arc is pretty much the polar opposite of SJW, since you literally end up saving her from herself.

Male white lead gotta have a black female co-lead = "SJW light" and what really turns it into proper SJW is that she's unattractive as fuck. They made her look like a frog (those eyes!) so no one gets the idea that she might be a sexy sidekick or just deco or shit.

And this is why I can't take SJW arguments seriously at all... got it, so a black female character instantly makes it SJW... FFS. It's always "wah, wah, feminism, SJW, stop forcing it, it should be organic having [insert race / gender here]!"... then when a game just uses an actress of color (who the in-game model is based on btw), without trying to "push an agenda", making her as flawed, if not more so than the main character, it's still "Wah! SJW!" Thank you for clarifying. I will ignore any arguments you make with "SJW" in your commentary from now on.

Parker is being borderline racist at this point. He really needs to stop jumping the shark.

38. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 18:11 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 16:30:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:37:
I'm also curious as to what makes you think Cere is SJW material... because other than being female, there's nothing in her character dialog that I saw that could be used to put her in the incel's SJW column. her character arc is pretty much the polar opposite of SJW, since you literally end up saving her from herself.

Male white lead gotta have a black female co-lead = "SJW light" and what really turns it into proper SJW is that she's unattractive as fuck. They made her look like a frog (those eyes!) so no one gets the idea that she might be a sexy sidekick or just deco or shit.

Okay, you're now drifting into borderline racism. You do realize that, don't you?

24. Re: Fallen Order is EA's Best-Ever PC Star Wars Launch Nov 26, 2019, 14:29 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2019, 13:56:
Best Star Wars game ever made? Sure, I guess. You know, if you've never played another Star Wars game.

"Best Star Wars Game Ever Made... and Published by EA in This Decade"

16186 Comments. 810 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >