Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13316 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Paladins Battlegrounds Announced
21. Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 11:17 Kxmode

aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 07:14:
** ANNOUNCING SOON *** CLIFFY B's LAWBREAKERS BATTLE ROYALE mode
w/ cheese

How you say in France:

FALAISE-Y B's BREAKER DE DROIT BATAILLE ROYALE avec du fromage

Beatnik

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Mercy and Junkrat Nerfs Inbound
2. Re: Overwatch Mercy and Junkrat Nerfs Inbound Jan 5, 2018, 11:13 Kxmode

Can someone explain how a character, boss, or class gets nerfs in the first place? Did the gameplay devs not crunch enough numbers to know there would be an imbalance? Are the catering to a vocal minority or majority claiming unfairness? It just seems like a NERF means someone at Blizzard isn't doing their job.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

16. Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 05:47 Kxmode

So much butthurt over something so derivative. Anyone remember Tribes? Who cares who copied who. What matters is which game you enjoy most.  

11. Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 01:09 Kxmode

Remember when WOW was the game getting clones virtually every month? War. War never changes.

You know what they say. Don't mess with a Blizzard!

10. Re: Paladins Battlegrounds Announced Jan 5, 2018, 01:08 Kxmode

...duplicate...  

News Comments > Monster Hunter World in Autumn
2. Re: Monster Hunter World in Autumn Jan 3, 2018, 22:46 Kxmode

Tried the PS4 demo. Didn't like it.  

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
2. Re: Steam Award Winners Jan 3, 2018, 22:43 Kxmode

test  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
41. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 3, 2018, 00:44 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Jan 1, 2018, 08:45:
So toxic in here.....

we prefer salty.

40. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 3, 2018, 00:41 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 20:17:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 20:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 20:03:
lol
"almost every" can mean almost a lot of things.
I almost used hyperbole. Happy New Year.

No, you've walloped me too many times about my comments, and I've left it alone (primarily because it's impossible to reason with an unreasonable person). Not this time. You're not going explain away yourself with, "I was just joking" or "it's just an expression." You were wrong, and I called you on it. So man up about it.

TL;DR Hyperboles are for amateurs.
Your right, you win (besides you get one win a year and I'm feeling generous).
Happy New Year

Cheers (Friendship drink... not New Years... don't celebrate it)

Meanwhile... Cthulhu stirs.

39. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 3, 2018, 00:40 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 20:34:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 19:45:
All the nominations and awards for Divinity: Original Sin 2 happened months after its September 14, 2017 release.
I think the phrasing was at issue in your original post, and still to an extent in this one. Crowdfunding isn't a release model, it's a funding one, so when you said "crowdfunded, EA or unreleased" shouldn't get a nomination, I think that's where the issue was for me. If you're saying just "unfinished games" shouldn't be nominated, I agree.

I agree that they are funding sources. However, to clarify, I group crowdfunded, EA, and unreleased together because they mean the same thing: unfinished, unreleased, and non-Gold products. As I see it once a game goes live, then the funding source becomes irrelevant, because consumers are now the funding source.

MacLeod wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 20:34:
The only argument that can kind of be made for PUBG was that release date was already set at that point, and it was pretty much feature-complete for launch - the play mechanics weren't going to change in the couple weeks between awards and launch.

I still don't want an unreleased product winning big awards. Case in point, you will never see awards for "pretty much feature-complete" un-released movies, books, cars, and so forth. Awards are the ultimate recognition of completed work and a game like PUBG, that has won awards, can alter their work at will, effectively nullifying the award. Or worse they could outright abandon the work leaving their award-winning product in an unfinished state. On merit alone, an unreleased game should never compete against games that have gone gold and are out in the wild for all to see and judge.

Does this make sense?

Hope I'm not talking past you.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2018, 00:14 Kxmode

Looks like the Celtics have a masked hero in their line-up leading many to wonder "when will this masked Celtics hero reveal himself? Inquiring Sports minds want to know.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2018, 00:05 Kxmode

Disorder. noun.
1. state of confusion.
2. disrupt the systematic functioning or neat arrangement of.

1. Playing video games is not a state of confusion.
2. The jury is out on this one. Then again have you seen the squalor brilliant scientists live in? M.I.T. = Messy Intelligent Teachers.

News Comments > ESA Takes on WHO Over "Gaming Disorder"
11. ESA Jan 3, 2018, 00:01 Kxmode

Life is a disorder. Will the ESA take on that?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2018, 00:03 Kxmode

Updated my Steam Wishlist Sale Items script. You can now toggle the filter on and off from your Wishlist page. v1.3 Screenshot, Download from GreasyFork.  

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 20:12 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 20:03:
lol
"almost every" can mean almost a lot of things.
I almost used hyperbole. Happy New Year.

No, you've walloped me too many times about my comments, and I've left it alone (primarily because it's impossible to reason with an unreasonable person). Not this time. You're not going explain away yourself with, "I was just joking" or "it's just an expression." You were wrong, and I called you on it. So man up about it.

TL;DR Hyperboles are for amateurs.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 19:58 Kxmode

Redeye, you suck at basic math too. That's not every Kickstarter. That's not even close to being "almost every."  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 19:53 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 19:10:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 18:31:
Crowdfunded, Early Access, and unfinished are all the same thing. None of them have reached gold status. None of them should even be nominated for any kind of big league awards. Imagine if a movie like The Room won Oscar for Best Picture. What sort of quality bar would that set?

Crowdfunding is a source of funding. It literally has nothing to do with the state of development. Divinity: Original Sin 2 was crowdfunded, entered early access, left early access and is now the best RPG in years.

Crowdfunding and early access are not inherently bad. Your flawed movie analogy seems to assume otherwise. Many high-quality games have resulted from both crowdfunding and early access. Your disdain for these funding methods seems to ignore the proven results of said methods. Have you ever actually played a game that was crowdfunded or in early access?

Reread comment #14. Nowhere in that comment did I ever mention DOS2 specifically or even hint at it. You jumped to a conclusion that wasn't there in the first place.

You guys should stop. What you're thinking is crossing into incomprehensibility.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 19:45 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 19:06:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 18:31:
Crowdfunded, Early Access, and unfinished are all the same thing. None of them have reached gold status. None of them should even be nominated for any kind of big league awards. Imagine if a movie like The Room won Oscar for Best Picture. What sort of quality bar would that set?

If you're saying that Divinity: Original Sin 2 didn't deserve to at least be nominated for a best RPG, just because it was crowdfunded, I don't know what to say man, other than that perhaps you should look at yourself and realize that your hatred of crowdfunding is a bit over the top. Trying to compare that to "The Room" winning an award is absurd. One is a masterly crafted product, the other is... well... "The Room".

P.S. "Oh, hi Mark."

All the nominations and awards for Divinity: Original Sin 2 happened months after its September 14, 2017 release. (source 1, source 2)

For clarity, D:OS2 aside, I'm saying I don't want an early access, crowdfunding, or unreleased game (not Gold) being nominated for or given awards. It sets a precedent for publishers and gives them carte blanche to start moving into that area. Remember when DLC was a novelty? Since then it's morphed into Season Passes (and I know how much we all love that format. /s) Why do I have to explain this? As consumers and veterans gamers, you all should understand the ramifications of where this could lead.

Again, I cannot wait until PUBG falls off the list. The sooner, the better.

P.S. The reference to The Room winning an Oscar for Best Picture has nothing to do with Divinity: Original Sin 2 (so you can relax). It means Hollywood judges informing viewers and those working in the industry where they've set the quality bar. In like fashion, giving an award to an unreleased game like PUBG sets quality bars for the ENTIRE gaming industry.

P.P.S. You dropped your water bottle.

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 19:29:
He went from supporting almost every kickstarter and giving CIG nearly a grand for Star Citizen to being against all of them. Take what he says or does with a grain of salt.

That's WHY I can talk. I have costly experience with those types of games. Do you? I didn't think so Windbags McGee.

P.S. "He went from supporting almost every Kickstarter." I think you got that piece of pyrite from the magical land of Make Believe.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 18:31 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 18:09:
Why? If people find a game entertaining, what does it matter what arbitrary state the game is in? After all, the term "finished" is a bit nebulous these days. All of the games you mentioned as "proven titles" have received plenty of post-launch updates. Witcher 3, great as it was, still received a number of significant updates that overhauled fundamental things like UI, balance and controls. If the game were truly "finished" at launch, it wouldn't have needed those. Conversely, there are a lot of early access titles that are polished and substantial enough to qualify as complete. Subnautica, The Forest and Distance are good examples of that.[/url]

Because the game is winning awards. I don't want an unfinished title to create a touchstone for developers and especially for publishers. Can you imagine EA, Ubisoft, and Activision jumping onboard this? Look what they've done with episodic gameplay.

Jerykk wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 18:09:
Also, I'm not sure why you lumped "crowdfunded" in with "early access" and "unfinished." There are plenty of crowdfunded games that aren't in early access. Divinity: Original Sin 2, for example. I know you have an irrational hatred of crowdfunding but try to be a little more reasonable here.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 31, 2017, 18:09 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 15:40:
No Ruiner on this list, still!?!

I don't see No Ruiner. Where is it?

13316 Comments. 666 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo