Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11883 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
26. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2016, 23:45 Kxmode

nin wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 08:32:
It was the 80s...

I was too young to know.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
25. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 16:14 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 15:44:
Maybe they should do a Aliens CM high quality remake

They did. It was the E3 demo.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week
10. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week Dec 30, 2016, 15:42 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 12:44:
*is confuzzled*

Is this a portmanteau of confused and puzzled?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 15:30 Kxmode

Can 2016 please stop killing people?

22. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 15:26 Kxmode

According to this site NMS is the 94th Steam Top Seller. They're averaging about 80 sales per day. $2,880 or thereabouts.

Update:

New development on Steam user reviews:
RECENT: 56% Mixed (2,191 reviews)
OVERALL: 31% Mostly Negative (80,868 reviews)

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2016, 15:38.

21. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 15:18 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 14:36:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 13:00:
Hello, Games? Anyone? The combined onslaught of negative PR, ratings, reviews, and loathing for No Man's Sky's promotion has to be hitting HG's bottom line. While it's reasonable to conclude that they made a lot of money from preorders and early purchases, I imagine those days are long gone. Coupled that with their continued investment into NMS. How is HG not on the list?

If you'd bothered to read the article, you'd see they actually mention Hello Games, but also say that for some unfathomable reason, NMS keeps selling copies.

Indeed.

"Hello Games might seem like a good knee-jerk choice, considering how badly that studioís No Manís Sky was received, but, hey, the game keeps selling."

I'm a knee-jerk.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 13:03 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 12:47:
You Won't Believe What NASA Hid From Us!

You don't say.

8. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 13:00 Kxmode

Hello, Games? Anyone? The combined onslaught of negative PR, ratings, reviews, and loathing for No Man's Sky's promotion has to be hitting HG's bottom line. While it's reasonable to conclude that they made a lot of money from preorders and early purchases, I imagine those days are long gone. Coupled that with their continued investment into NMS. How is HG not on the list?

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week
2. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week Dec 30, 2016, 12:12 Kxmode

K

7. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2016, 11:53 Kxmode

and crickets.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2016, 00:33 Kxmode

Why are people watching videos on their phones while driving? What's going on with people? They can't be that stupid... can they?  

24. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2016, 00:26 Kxmode

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 13:44:
Yup, her with her massive coke habit in the 80s and George Michael with his Heroin. Still sucks.

Wait. What? Princess Leia did cocaine? How am I just now learning about this?

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 00:22 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 10:17:
Sorry for your loss nin.

nin wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 21:35:
Thanks. W/o getting preachy, I think she'd be ok with me saying she smoked from the age of 14, and (in her 60s) she went from diagnosis to death in under a month.

Don't smoke, kids.

I want to echo that good advice. My dad was a heavy smoker at one point, and he was dead very shortly after his lung cancer diagnosis as well.

Does this include vaping? I see young adults doing it all the time.

3. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2016, 00:06 Kxmode

Carlos Ray "Chuck" Norris (born March 10, 1940) - an American martial artist, actor, film producer and screenwriter - died this morning in his house in Oklahoma at the age of 76. He is feeling much better now and has fully recovered from this minor annoyance.  

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
68. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 29, 2016, 20:03 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 08:38:
The only silliness i see involving the game are the dunkoff's who pay more than $60 bucks, $100 max, aka the standard game price (even if some got refunds). But that's just me.

Rifle Flamethrower

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
6. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Dec 29, 2016, 19:56 Kxmode

Early Access. Nope.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 12:16 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 10:13:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 00:22:
Here are all the people I know who were killed by Sith Lord 2016:

you dont know these people... you know "of" them

Thanks. You're quite right.

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 10:13:
honestly i dont understand the concept of "celebrity worship" and mourning their deaths as if they are part of your family with which you share biological bonds and intimate life experiences of a very personal nature

I'm not worshipping celebrities. I'm acknowledging their talents in the various forms that affected my life. From the laughs provided, to the admiration for their skills, to the memorable music, to the cheers of overcoming the odds and winning the battles. For it all, I thank them.

64. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 29, 2016, 01:49 Kxmode

Posted this on the RIS forums on July 2015.

Development Theatre Narrator: As many of you know CD Project Red is an indie publisher like CIG. They developed Witcher 3 in 3 years with a new engine. To date, they do not have an EA or an Activision funding their projects. They self-published their products. In total, they spent $35 million developing and another $30 million to advertise. We're almost four years into SC's development, and we still do not have half a game. Here on Development Theatre, we would like to recreate the scene involving Alex Mayberry's "personal reasons" for leaving.

*Starring Rowan Atkinson as Alex, and Hugh Laurie as Chris*

INT DAY:

Alex enters Chris' office, concerned. Chris gestures him to his chair.

Chris: Alex, old boy, what's on your mind? You look to be in a terrible way.
Alex: Chris, I love this project and all, but I need, to be honest with you. The game you proposed and want to make is going to take a frightful spell longer. We simply don't have the king's gold or king's time to accomplish this.
Chris: Shakespeare's bollocks! So what do you propose?
Alex: We need to scale back the game to what was promised in the Kickstarter campaign. We need to scale back the number of systems at launch to no more than 5. People will still get the FPS module and their ships, and we'll bring new systems online, but we have got to complete this project soon. We're almost at four years in a couple of months. We need to be realistic.
Chris: LOOK! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY I WANT THIS GAME TO BE MY DREAM. LIKE STAR WARS.
Alex: It's not doable with the funds and time. We need to scale down.
Chris: Poppycock! Tis my way good sir!
Alex: I hate to do this Chris, but you leave me no choice.
Chris: What are you saying?
Alex: Effective immediately I resign my position.
Chris: Holy Macbeth!
Alex: Aahhhhh! Hot potato, orchestra stalls, Puck will make amends.

Development Theatre Narrator: Now onto the matter of the FPS module. The 20 million stretch goal stated, and I quote, "First person combat on select lawless planets. Donít just battle on space stations and platformsÖ take the fight to the ground!" A million dollars committed to the FPS module. So either CIG didn't know how much it would really cost to create a AAA-quality FPS or Illfonic lied to them on how much it would cost. Here at Development Theatre we would like to recreate the initial meeting.

*Starring Mr. T. as Illfonic, and Hugh Laurie as Chris*

Chris [to Illfonic]: Gentlemen, as you know I am on a quest to make the most glorious space adventure that ever was. I would like to make this grand adventure even more epic by adding an FPS module. I would like to concentrate on select lawless planets, space stations, and platforms. We have secured a million from many. This is where you chaps come in. Can this be done for a million?
Illfonic: *whispering under their breath* I pity the fool...
Chris: What was that?
Illfonic: A million. Yeah, Illfonic can do that. Illfonic work for a million.
Chris: Great! Let's see your resume of published work.
Illfonic: What you talkin about, resume?
Chris: So, how can I know if it will cost a million.
Illfonic: Illfonic good. Illfonic making a fly demo for AMD's nextgen Radeon card!
Chris: That works for me.

They sign the paperwork.

Thank you for watching this two-part special edition of Development Theatre.

---

The thread was closed by a Mod for not being "particularly constructive."

63. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 29, 2016, 01:32 Kxmode

My favorite comments from October.

KarmaKillers: If I started growing a beard now, and didnít shave until Squadron 42 released, on a scale of 1 Ė 10 mountain men, how mountain man would I be?

mad-professor: A mountain giant.

Heavylead: Gandalf?

leatherfoot: Depends on follicle growth rate, divided by feature creep ratio.

62. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 29, 2016, 01:08 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 15:52:
descender wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 13:18:
Like Kxmode I've gone in deep with SC and pledged north of $1K

I... oh. Well, rant away then I guess.
or Unlike kxmode, he bailed.

To clarify, I got a refund when it became apparent the project wasn't what Chris pitched it to be in 2012-2013, and even more so when the open hostility on the RSI forums whenever I asked about deliverables and scope issues opened my eyes to the cult-like status of Citizen backers. That being said CIG has done the honorable thing and issued refunds to the present. For example, this person recently got their $9k back. And here I thought my $930 was a lot.

11883 Comments. 595 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo