Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12972 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 14:23 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 14:15:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 13:51:
That Star Wars trailer though.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

At least there is no snow planet.

I wasn't disappointed. Quite the contrary!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2017, 13:51 Kxmode

That Star Wars trailer though.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > More VR Resources from Valve
3. Re: More VR Resources from Valve Oct 9, 2017, 23:55 Kxmode

This screams of desperation. I think VR is reaching the point of unsustainability if a "killer app" doesn't appear soon.

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Gameplay Video
4. Re: Psychonauts 2 Gameplay Video Oct 8, 2017, 00:18 Kxmode

I find their attempt at humor, headache inducing. They're not comedians; they're game developers. Drop the effort and just talk about their game.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements
16. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements Oct 6, 2017, 14:44 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:48:
No, what I'm asking for is that "Video Preset: High" is actually high. Just having High and Low, combined their with vague info is silly, especially with their checkered past in PC ports.

You're asking about the particulars that mean "High." You're never going to get that granular with System Requirements. Requirements is usually basic, at-a-glance information. You will need to wait until release to find out the details. Make sense?

14. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Oct 6, 2017, 12:29 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 08:53:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 03:46:
CJ - You are one sufferable schmuck. One does not merely assume 1080p is peasantry garbage. Its resolution works great on more than just Assassin's Creed titles. The very words you express are a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand words could you communicate anything positive. It is folly to try!

He's right though. I want to see how it runs at higher resolutions, not console specs. At least publish a real High settings. 1080p is not High specs. The blog says its just dynamic resolution, code to me to mean a shitty console port. They are way too vague, "the possibility of running at 4k at 30fps or higher". Ok? What specs? What about 1440p?

I guess as a PC gamer, who's okay with 1080p, perhaps it is correct to say "a member of the master race who likes to mingle with the common rabble."

Joking aside the types of machine you describe get classified as "enthusiast," meaning a small portion of PC gamers have computers with those specs. If Ubisoft showed enthusiast specs as recommended they would likely discourage people with lesser specs not to buy for fear they would not get the best experience possible. I think what you're asking for is "Recommended Ultra." Contact Ubisoft and ask them what are the specs for that setting.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans
10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans Oct 6, 2017, 12:25 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:33:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 01:38:
BobBob wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 19:25:
I always thought PunkBuster was fairly good. Never understood why it didn't become more popular with game developers.

Many gamers loathe PunkBuster to the point where publishers have to hide its use. Its parasitic nature has prompted the creation of removal tools since, as far as I know, uninstalling doesn't thoroughly remove it. Publishers are not going to riddle their multi-million investment with a DRM that has the potential to anger their customers.

But is VAC as effective?

Probably, but PB has a good track history.

7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans Oct 6, 2017, 03:48 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 03:14:
How fcking dumb do you have to be to run your open beta without even rudimentary anti-cheat software?

Apparently, it is a newsworthy feature.

10. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Oct 6, 2017, 03:46 Kxmode

CJ - You are one sufferable schmuck. One does not merely assume 1080p is peasantry garbage. Its resolution works great on more than just Assassin's Creed titles. The very words you express are a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand words could you communicate anything positive. It is folly to try!  

8. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Oct 6, 2017, 03:02 Kxmode

I believe I have beyond the recommended specs:
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz
- 16 GB DDR3 RAM
- Geforce GTX 960

5. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans Oct 6, 2017, 01:38 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 19:25:
I always thought PunkBuster was fairly good. Never understood why it didn't become more popular with game developers.

Many gamers loathe PunkBuster to the point where publishers have to hide its use. Its parasitic nature has prompted the creation of removal tools since, as far as I know, uninstalling doesn't thoroughly remove it. Publishers are not going to riddle their multi-million investment with a DRM that has the potential to anger their customers.

27. Discovery Oct 6, 2017, 01:31 Kxmode

I finally had a chance to watch the first three episodes back-to-back. I still don't like the redesigned Klingons, but I have my suspicions for where the show could be taking them and if it does then the redesign is brilliant. As far as the story goes, okay I am sold. Discovery has a fascinating premise. I like the "Section 31" direction the series is moving toward. The clandestine group has always fascinated me, and the few episodes they appeared in DS9 are among my favorite.

Jason Isaacs is excellent as Captain Gabriel Lorca and a welcomed replacement for Michelle Yeoh's Captain Phillipa Georgiou. Michelle's acting in the first two episodes was okay but never would have held my attention for a full series duration. Sonequa Martin as the lead is shockingly good. I think these three episodes are all around better than the first three episodes of most of the other Star Trek series if comparing first three episodes to first three episodes. This show has to hook faster with fewer episodes than the other series did. For me, at least, it has done its job well. So I give it a solid 8.5/10. As a bonus, the rampant lens flares are significantly reduced or outright gone from episode three. A change I readily welcome.

I have yet to watch The Orville, so my judgment is reserved.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2017, 01:45.

2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Anti-Cheat Plans Oct 5, 2017, 11:33 Kxmode

A publisher taking preemptive action against cheaters? I did nazi that coming!  

13. Re: Is coffee healthy? Sep 29, 2017, 17:39 Kxmode

I think John Oliver (and his writing team) sum it up best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Valve wiped nearly 200 'fake games' from Steam… Sep 26, 2017, 23:16 Kxmode

Nice. It's a good start. There are a lot more fake games in need of culling.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 18:50 Kxmode

This is Star Wars Battlefront 2. The hype is making the Kessel Run in 12-Parsecs! Dance  

News Comments > Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month
6. re: Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month Sep 26, 2017, 18:44 Kxmode

Gas Bandit wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 14:32:
But I like making poopwater-powered dams to generate electricity!

We wouldn't expect anything less from the Gas Bandit.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month
5. Re: Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month Sep 26, 2017, 18:43 Kxmode

I think all of us, at varying degrees, want a cleaner and healthier planet. This is encouraging.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 12:57 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 12:19:
The shorter your sleep, the shorter your life- the new sleep science.

Yeah, read that the other day. At the start of the year I made a resolution to get more sleep, but still averaging only 6 hours a night.

The expression "I'll sleep when I'm dead" takes on a whole new meaning.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 10:58 Kxmode

Finished GW2 Path of Fire. Besides this one boss encounter mid-way through, I thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through. The story is excellent. There is so much lore in the story plus the maps. When I saw Vabbi, I nearly cried. It is so beautiful. I also got choked up seeing Augury Rock and the surrounding area. I put over 800 hours in Guild Wars 1 and its expansions, so it was a huge nostalgia trip down memory lane. Finally seeing Kralkatorrik or at least his head was a scene to behold!

The gameplay is solid and fun. The mounts are the star of the show. I did not realize until after I finished POF that there's a hidden fifth mount: the Griffon! It is about as close to a flying mount as you will get in GW2. The Griffon swiftly glides across the air. Spacebar makes it flap its wings thereby allowing you to stay aloft for much longer. It is still a glider, so eventually, I reached the ground.

All in all, I think the creativity and focus on this expansion is some of the best work I have seen Anet put out. The entire Season 3 plus POF was rad!

P.S. In case you are wondering, you will be able to solo ALL the story campaigns including the final confrontation with Balthazar.

12972 Comments. 649 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo