Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11731 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 15:27 Kxmode

So after all the grassroots effort, petition signing, multiple meetings, Nost even going as far as integrating vanilla into Battle.net on their dime, Blizzard has decided not to pursue vanilla. They say they are still discussing it, but as Nostalrius point out in their announcement post, "we never received any response to these questions, even after 4 months."

Nostalrius 2.0 is likely to launch next month under Elysium's care (most of the Nost volunteers are now at Elysium). The current plan is to bring back the old PVP and PVE servers with everyone's account as they were a week before Nost's shutdown announcement. In other words, people who deleted their accounts or gave away gold or something else as a result of Nost's shutdown will have their accounts back. Further, Elysium is going to launch a pair of new PVP and PVE servers.

Even though Blizzard was mute on legacy servers; it is going to happen anyhow! Nostalrius and Elysium have pledged to ignore any legal shutdown requests from Blizzard. The host likely will too.

As a vanilla fan, this is the best news.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 17:36 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 16:48:
Let's all Brexit!!!!

I think you meant CanAnnex!

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

50. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 15:24 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:35:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:33:
So far I've made $94 on my mutual fund investments. So there's that. That's about as far as I go. Yay for neutrality!

If you're smart and you can, buy as much as you can afford when they drop. They will rebound, as always.

I don't buy individual stocks, but absolutely. Now, would be the best time to buy. Historically the average has always shown that strong companies, who get hit by some kind of external force (e.g. 2008 housing crisis, election results, and so on), typical out-perform themselves. Warren Buffett said, "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful". In other words, if people are selling, buy!

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:33 Kxmode

So far I've made $94 on my mutual fund investments. So there's that. That's about as far as I go. Yay for neutrality!  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal
13. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal Nov 8, 2016, 11:40 Kxmode

For this new trilogy I plan on playing FemShep. Hoping to see a trailer with the female lead.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2016, 04:04 Kxmode

Had a meeting with Google yesterday. That was fun. Let's just say no expense was spared for the lunch.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Nov 4, 2016, 01:23 Kxmode

1. "if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will." - Initial post from Nostalrius, 10/7

2. "Blizzcon is in a few days now : every end is a new beginning ;)" - Followup from Nostalirus, 10/24

3. From Blizzard, 10/24

Hey everyone,

Weíve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while weíre still discussing the possibility, we wonít have any updates to share on that until after the show.

[reset snipped]

-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team

"Something wonderful is going to happen."

Edit: Popcorn

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2016, 01:36.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 16:50 Kxmode

Siygess wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 15:22:
The only "mistake" I noticed was at the end of the clip where it says N7 Day 2015..

I don't think that was a mistake. They were simply providing the name of the video they are video linking to.

11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 16:41 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:57:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:25:
#BlackSpaceMatters

2 things, this made me google first not white man in space, and he was from Cuba (yes, really) and sent up there by the Soviets in 1980. So.... I think I could call you a closet communist for that hashtag

The other is.. I am hyped for this game

I was simply pointing out space, for the most part, is black and contains matter. An obviously play on the BLM hashtag campaign.

I'm hyped too! But NMS has made me temper my hype and wait until after release for reviews.

3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 13:25 Kxmode

#BlackSpaceMatters  

News Comments > Abandon Ship Announced
1. Re: Abandon Ship Announced Nov 3, 2016, 12:42 Kxmode

: The Chris Roberts Story  

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
16. Re: Steam Screenshot Policy Change? Nov 2, 2016, 20:05 Kxmode

Screenshots fired!  

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
43. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Nov 1, 2016, 02:31 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 22:07:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 21:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 19:46:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:46:
Never implied they broke their game. I simply said not including support for mods from the original Skyrim is a mistake. :)
Mods are not the responsibility of Bethesda. If they get broke, it's up to the mod maker to fix his or her mod.

As someone who made a WOW addon, I found your statement to be half true. Absolutely, it is incumbent upon mod authors to keep their mods updated. However, it's also up to the developers not to radically change their engine. Blizzard at least keeps addon devs in the loop via the PTR, and alpha and beta servers for upcoming expansions. AFAIK Beth didn't do this for mod devs.

According to the guys who work on the Unofficial Skyrim Patch (which was available in an SE version day one), at least some mod makers had two weeks of a beta period to get their stuff ready for the launch.

Good to know. Thanks!

39. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 21:19 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 19:46:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:46:
Never implied they broke their game. I simply said not including support for mods from the original Skyrim is a mistake. :)
Mods are not the responsibility of Bethesda. If they get broke, it's up to the mod maker to fix his or her mod.

As someone who made a WOW addon, I found your statement to be half true. Absolutely, it is incumbent upon mod authors to keep their mods updated. However, it's also up to the developers not to radically change their engine. Blizzard at least keeps addon devs in the loop via the PTR, and alpha and beta servers for upcoming expansions. AFAIK Beth didn't do this for mod devs.

News Comments > Origin Coming Back to Myanmar
11. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 21:03 Kxmode

Jivaro wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 19:05:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 18:42:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 15:54:
One day, gabe newell is going to pass away and the guy who takes over for him will sell Steam to Microsoft.

Facebook because after they conquer VR, they'll want to take over the PC video games distribution market.

Amazon or Google Play would have been my first choices if Valve was sold, but Facebook is hard to argue against. Infinite money to outbid everyone if nothing else.

Plus Facebook has over 1 billion active users versus the active 125 million for Steam. That's a HUGE number of people to distribute to. It would only help make discount sales awesome.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2016, 21:22.

News Comments > Obduction VR Released
2. Re: Obduction VR Released Oct 31, 2016, 20:59 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 20:01:
No idea why 3rd party companies are releasing products only on the (as of right now) inferior VR solution.

It is possible the "inferior VR solution" has easier API tools.

32. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 18:46 Kxmode

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 16:13:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 16:03:
I don't know much about game development but I think not retroactively supporting mods from the original Skyrim is a big mistake. Most people are dependent on them. Taking them away breaks the UX for many.

Are you positive that the changes of going from 32 bit to 64 bit aren't the problem? You make it sound like they intentionally broke things.

Never implied they broke their game. I simply said not including support for mods from the original Skyrim is a mistake.

9. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 18:42 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2016, 15:54:
One day, gabe newell is going to pass away and the guy who takes over for him will sell Steam to Microsoft.

Facebook because after they conquer VR, they'll want to take over the PC video games distribution market.

8. Re: Origin Coming Back to Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 18:36 Kxmode

Someone's getting fired.  

19. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 16:03 Kxmode

I don't much about game development but I think not retroactively supporting mods from the original Skyrim is a big mistake. Most people are dependent on them. Taking them away breaks the UX for many.  

11731 Comments. 587 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo