Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15534 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shenmue III Backer Trial Next Month
1. Re: Shenmue III Backer Trial Next Month Aug 13, 2019, 20:26 Kxmode

"Let's give bread to the peasantry. It's the least we can do for burning down their farming village."  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads
26. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 20:23 Kxmode

GothicWizard wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 19:58:
And I am over here with Steam that will pre-load CP2077 and VTMB2 without issue. Just like I pre-loaded GTA V, Civ6, MK11 and others. It's calls a platform that is mature and built with forethought vs one rushed out. Marvel vs DCEU all over again.

It's not like Epic needs forethought. All they need to do is copy what Valve did and have preloading standard prior to launching their storefront. It's not rocket science. Just copy the competition.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

25. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 20:21 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 19:03:
Y'all boycotting the game one day, now you're acting all impatient because you can't play it the first millisecond it goes live

Have some patience... go do your laundry or change your kid's diaper or something

wHAt YeAr Is iT?!

24. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 20:20 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 17:05:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:54:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 14:04:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 13:39:
So now because of EGS incompetence Now I have to wait like 20 minutes for the game to download? WTF?

GOD! I am so sick of Tim Sweeney ignorant bullshit! Sure I don't dont know how to make it work, but I am at least smart enough to know that it's fucking easy.

Will it crash when everyone tries to DL at once? Inquiring minds want to know.

Probably not, last time I checked I am pretty much the only one willing to buy EGS exclusives. .
It boggles the mind how they are staying afloat with you being the only person buying things from them.

You could help. Epic would love for you to switch from being a freebie junkie to a paying customer. Apologies if you've already made the switch.

23. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 20:16 Kxmode

Epic's store is rocking like it's 1999.  

News Comments > Exception Released
1. Re: Exception Released Aug 13, 2019, 20:15 Kxmode

A 5XX Exception is the worst kind.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2019, 20:27.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2019, 17:18 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 11, 2019, 13:00:
Robin Williams wife talks about her husband
The terrorist inside my husband's brain

That's a tear-jerker read. Thanks for the link.

News Comments > Need for Speed Countdown
14. Re: Need for Speed Countdown Aug 12, 2019, 15:57 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 11:31:
Countdown to suckage here.

The last good Need for Speed was Porsche Unleashed.

NFS3 on Playstation.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2019, 13:43 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 10, 2019, 09:04:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 20:31:
Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 18:40:
Bah, I was hoping it was about tires.

Not sure how you thought it was about tires when the words ""Bourne" Spin-Off Series" is clearly visible in the title.

So you're saying it should be called Bridgestone? What about Firestone?

(Kxmode your joke filter is broken)

It wasn't a funny joke.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Cliff Empire Rises Aug 9, 2019, 22:35 Kxmode

It was a tongue-in-cheek comparison between how Epic handles its online store and game. Both demonstrate Epic's ineptitude and stupid behavior. If people complain about the unfair mechanics in Fortnite, people respond with "you have a point! that's not fair." But a complaint about the unfairness of EGS exclusive is seen as being entitled and a crybaby.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 9, 2019, 20:31 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 18:40:
Bah, I was hoping it was about tires.

Not sure how you thought it was about tires when the words ""Bourne" Spin-Off Series" is clearly visible in the title.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 9, 2019, 20:25 Kxmode

"You don't like Epic's level of competition? You're an entitled cry baby."

Rolleyes

News Comments > ESO Plus Free Trial
2. Re: ESO Plus Free Trial Aug 9, 2019, 15:19 Kxmode

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 13:31:
I hope they make the Alfiq a playable race in the next expansion. They're awesome!

More like make the Senche-raht a playable race. Who cares about the Alfiq?!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2019, 20:46 Kxmode

WOW Classic pre-launch stress test is currently underway. The test started today at 11 AM PST and continues until Friday. More information in this announcement. The test is open to anyone with an active WOW sub.

On a personal note seeing the version say 1.13.X is AWESOME! For a long time it used to say 1.12.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Aug 8, 2019, 19:30 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 08:03:

When both of ya'll walk into a shoe store I'd be amazed if they all didn't fit.

But go ahead, keep defending this behavioir because they "should have known" and "it's the internet". ffs

Do you support doxing and swatting with the same fervor. What about review bombing.

This is your response to my apology and asking you to tone down the trollish behavior. Are you incapable of a modicum of normalcy?

News Comments > Cliff Empire Rises
8. Re: Cliff Empire Rises Aug 8, 2019, 19:23 Kxmode

When you live in a castle in the sky, how long does it take before you believe you're god?  

News Comments > Op Ed
58. Re: Op Ed Aug 8, 2019, 06:00 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 01:14:
Please god, can someone give me one good argument in favour of the 30%? I'm so tired of saying the same shit over and over and over. Just put me out of my misery, give me the coup de grace and show me why I'm wrong. That or we can consider this settled and move to other more interesting topics.

and

Slick wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 20:43:
And for anyone who still doesn't understand what 30% of gross means:

A game costs $10

Valve's 30% gets them $3

Their costs are about $0.02

Total net profit for Valve $2.98

Publisher's 70% gets them $7

Their costs are to: pay the programmers, pay the level designers, pay the concept artists, pay the texture artists, pay the modelers, pay the sound designers, pay marketing, pay for servers, pay for QA, pay for customer service, pay for the office space, pay for engine licencing, pay music royalties, etc. etc. etc So how much do you think is left? If they're lucky they have $3 profit at the end.

Why should Valve get the same cut for essentially just hosting a server with zero human input required, as all the people collectively who actually work to make the games that we love?

Because Valve has an army of people working on Steam and their work doesn't come cheap.

Steam is equal parts platform, community hub, live streaming, sales, and marketing tool; rolled up into a single package. A publisher pays Valve a 30% premium to get access to everything Steam provides beyond the development of their game. Of all the platforms on the market, Steam is the most feature-rich and complete. Do you suppose that kind of tool and service should be dirt cheap?

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Aug 8, 2019, 05:49 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 23:54:
I'm liking the defenders of extreme toxicity here. Methinks advanced entitlement syndrome runs rampant in some of you.

Classy guys, real classy.

I'm sorry.

Would you kindly tone down the trollish behavior?

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 8, 2019, 05:40 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 8, 2019, 00:34:
Game developers miss release dates all the time but now you have to get approval from mother valve.
I think it makes more sense to cough up an extra point if you want high vis shelf space.
Does anyone know how long you can squat on the Coming Soon throne - 2 weeks, 1 month .. Or more??

About a year with EGS exclusivity.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 8, 2019, 05:38 Kxmode

MeanJim wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 20:36:
It's probably also to stop douchey dev/pubs from taking advantage of getting publicity on Steam, then pulling the game making it an Epic exclusive.

^ x 1000

15534 Comments. 777 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo