Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11564 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 18:45 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 11:00:
Here's the thing... if StarCitizen was on Steam right now how do you think reviews would go? If I checked out the KS page it would be FULL of fanboi reviews (not being an asshole about this speculation but I think I have a point if ya check out the Star Citizen forums).

That's why it's not on Steam. CIG can't control what people say and how they rate on Steam.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2016, 18:44 Kxmode

I'm glad Valve is doing this. I want to know what people, who actually bought and spent more than a few hours playing, think.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 11:59 Kxmode

Considering how many units they sold I'd imagine No Man's Debt is another apt name for NMS. Arrrr.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 18:42 Kxmode

Squirmer wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 18:12:
I have a wild theory that CS:GO is #1 because it's a fun game that people enjoy playing. Crazy I know.

Do you guys think Valve also fake the user stats that show CS:GO had a peak playerbase today 10 times higher than the next most popular paid game (639,072 vs 64,958)?

Or do you think it might just be a popular game and there's no conspiracy or malpractice behind it?

I don't believe Valve did anything nefarious. More than likely the recent mass VAC bans led to enough people buying the game again to place it on Steam's Top 10 list.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 17:25 Kxmode

I think CS:GO is #1 in part because you can make a lot of money from selling cards, especial certain rare ones, on the Community Market. 4 of the Top 10 go for as much as $436 a piece.

#2 StatTrakô Karambit | Doppler (Minimal Wear)... Starting at: $436.01
#4 StatTrakô Flip Knife | Lore (Minimal Wear)... Starting at: $426.10
#9 Karambit | Crimson Web (Minimal Wear)... Starting at: $415.44
#10 StatTrakô Karambit | Doppler (Factory New).... Starting at: $415.44

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2016, 13:21 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 10:48:
1. Whiskey
2. Caber tossing.
3. Sheep shearing.

An Irish past time.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2016, 16:13 Kxmode

Not liking Star Trek Discovery's premise. Feels to much like the season three of Enterprise.  

News Comments > EVERSPACE Early Access
14. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 16:10 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 15:55:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 14:25:
Hope that helps.
God damn it... Rogue.
If it's Rouge, it's a makeup based simulation.

Maybe the game is born with it. Maybe it's a Miscalculation.

News Comments > EVERSPACE Early Access
10. Re: EVERSPACE Early Access Sep 15, 2016, 14:25 Kxmode

I thought this review on GOG was an excellent summation. (Cleaned up grammar and fixed typos)

----

4/5 Finally a good space game by AdamSnow

After the disappointment that was No Man's Sky and Star Citizen, which is long ways off, I was looking for a good space game to scratch that itch; I found it.

Pro :

- Fun combat: Layered weapons systems with an interplay between shield and hull damage,
- Sound controls: works great both with keyboard and 360 controllers in 3D and 1st person view,
- Replayability: Being rouge-like means you will die repeatedly, and each "level" is different enough not to be too similar,
- New objectives and missions throughout each run: sometimes they will jam your sensors, at times prevent you from continuing forward and something they will ask for your assistance,
- Didn't encounter any bugs (knock on wood)

Con :

- Poorly explained mechanics: especially with the crafting, and the fact that you should not try and be mister-space-hero right off the bat. Also, doesn't explain who's friendly (Green) / enemy (Red) / neutral (Yellow/Orange),
- Lacks a sense of progression at times: There is a sense of an overarching story, but it is not fleshed out yet,
- Can't keep my favorite weapons and load outs

Things that can go either way:

- RNG elements,
- No central motivation aside from keep moving forward,
- Rouge-light / Rouge-like

Summary:

It is a good game that is unfinished and not expertly explained.

If you are still not sure watch ACG review on Youtube. It is a great (and updated) example of gameplay.

----

Hope that helps.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 15, 2016, 13:13 Kxmode

Luke wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 04:40:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:39:
For anyone interested Everspace is finally available on Steam early access.

Ehm ?? ok well there is cheap coca cola in wallmart today also

Good to know. Thanks! Cool

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2016, 00:46 Kxmode

I made $3.26 selling those Steams "cards" you occasionally get while playing games. Not exactly rolling in it, though. But just think: 24 more cents and I'll have tree fiddy.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 15, 2016, 00:39 Kxmode

For anyone interested Everspace is finally available on Steam early access.  

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 20:15 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 15:38:
Nice thanks, I forgot about archive.org!

Welcome! Archive.org, Wikipedia and a few other sites I give to every year. I couldn't imagine the Internet without a site like Archive.org. The old school news (like 9/11 and Occupy Wall Street) and old school PC games are fantastic resources for what happened.

News Comments > Join The Crew for Free
19. Re: Join The Crew for Free Sep 14, 2016, 20:08 Kxmode

Strango wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 16:45:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 15:12:
...It would appear Ubisoft published it on Steam today.

It's been on Steam a long time. I remember it being in past sales plus you can see that the total number of reviews and recent number of reviews are not equal.

Weird. Might have been a database glitch then.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 15:14 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 13:56:
I gotta find an archive of that sometime, been so long.

Are you referring to this?

News Comments > Join The Crew for Free
16. Re: Join The Crew for Free Sep 14, 2016, 15:12 Kxmode

Dacron wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 14:53:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:14:
It means something when there are no reviews on Steam for this game.

I see 10k+ reviews on my end. Mixed rating.

Oh, that is interesting. At the time of my previous post, there were no reviews. I made the conclusion the game had been on Steam for months, if not years, and no one bothered to write a single review. It would appear Ubisoft published it on Steam today.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 12:54 Kxmode

Kajetan wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:48:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:47:
Well, there's Runic. They made Torchlight with Diablo alumni and former Blizz employees. Pretty successful project.
Runic was founded by people who jumped the Flagship before it sank.

Indeed. I stand corrected.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 12:47 Kxmode

Kajetan wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 12:40:
Remember the last studio, founded by dev celebrities departing from Blizzard, being richly funded from the start without having a proper project?

Ahh, yes, Flagship Studios! Oh boy, those were funny days

Well, there's Runic. They made Torchlight with Diablo alumni and former Blizz employees. Pretty successful project.

45. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 12:41 Kxmode

Go back and read how the conversation unfolded. I posted my thoughts about NMS in a trivial manner, and almost immediately it became adversarial. You weren't keen on having a conversation about the comparison. You only wanted to prove how my analogy was wrong and was looking for nothing less than an admission from me for that. The point is if you want to have a discussion with someone don't start a reply with a hostile variation of "you're wrong." That's an excellent way to get people to tune out, or not go into details about what they meant.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2016, 12:49.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2016, 12:18 Kxmode

Chris Metzen isn't going to retire. I'm certain he'll end up at Rob's studio soon enough; maybe not this year, but likely next.  

11564 Comments. 579 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo