Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11386 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
45. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 15, 2016, 03:11 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 01:44:
Who are these morons paying thousands for a jpeg?

Typically gray market whales... like this guy.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
8. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 03:07 Kxmode

My reaction  

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

41. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 19:19 Kxmode

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 17:51:
Hump wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 15:11:
These cunts get 110 mill yet the great Descent reboot (Overload) guys can't even make their kickstarter goal.

Donald Trump has a realistic shot at being the President of the United States.

Something seriously wrong with this world.

Can we all agree not to talk politics on a video game site?

32. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 16:10 Kxmode

Hump wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 15:11:
These cunts get 110 mill yet the great Descent reboot (Overload) guys can't even make their kickstarter goal.

Maybe because there's already a Descent reboot that's actually authorized by the owners of the Descent franchise.

Edit: Overload "Successfully raised $306,537 USD with 4,896 backers". Not sure what you're complaining about.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2016, 17:20.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 14, 2016, 16:06 Kxmode

J wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 15:51:
Clickbaiting discovered

oh noes! freaking out commencing!

23. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 14:21 Kxmode

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 13:34:
It's getting better...but still not really playable. I did one of the EVA missions, but my ship freaked out on me when I tried to get back inside. It started spinning when I bumped into it...then I started spinning...then the universe exploded resulting in a crash to desktop.

Don't you hate when the universe explodes. I know I do.

18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 13:07 Kxmode

rudra wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 13:04:
KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 12:58:
Maybe soon Chris will do full motion hollywood movie

that already happened in 1999, chief

Writing Credits (WGA)
Chris Roberts ... (characters)
Chris Roberts ... (story)

Here's some of the genius dialog:

Rosie Forbes: You've got balls.
Maniac: You should see 'em.
Rosie Forbes: Mine are bigger.

----

Angel: I hope it felt very good.
Rosie Forbes: Better than sex.
Angel: Bullshit.
Rosie Forbes: Better than sex with myself.

----

Maniac: Now that was a sweet 360!
Rosie Forbes: Actually, that was a 540.
Maniac: Did you just do that to impress me?
Rosie Forbes: I'm just trying to redirect some of that testosterone. You're a total... Maniac.

And so forth...

17. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 13:04 Kxmode

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 12:58:
Maybe soon Chris will do full motion hollywood movie

He is. It's called Star Citizen.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 14, 2016, 12:05 Kxmode

Tom Clancy's The Division debuts at number on the GfK Chart-Track top 30 chart of bestselling PC games in the U.K.

Stephen, I think that sentence is missing the critical piece of information. What place did The Division debut at?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2016, 11:34 Kxmode

Let's hear what Starman thinks about PI day!  

12. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 11:29 Kxmode

Slashman wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 11:28:
Well I'll ask it if no one else will: Where is Mr. Smart?

You didn't do it correctly.

DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

Okay he should appear sometime today...

7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 11:14 Kxmode

Star Citizen is the video game equivalent of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
36. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 13, 2016, 22:44 Kxmode

The Division was beat by a indie game called Stardew Valley. Suck it Ubi!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 13, 2016, 21:40 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 21:15:
Owned? As in, not anymore? Or as Pwned, you beat the shit out of it and are done?

I meant own. Sorry for any confusion that word choice caused.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 21:08 Kxmode

InBlack wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 19:27:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 11:48:
InBlack wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 09:17:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 16:54:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 12:26:
GM mosquitoes? Hell no! Give me the mass spraying of pesticides any day.

Any day? How about every day? What do you think those Chemtrails you see every day are?

Holy fuck, surely you're not serious?

Chemtrails are the main stay of government mind control; they weaken the frontal lobe's ability to reason, in-large part hindering abilities to draw links between consequence and action and future outcomes. This leaves us susceptible to more basal emotional responses such as fear and anger which the government under direction of the NWO uses to manipulate the populace. How else do you explain things like the Kardashians, the tides and why its so hard to tell sarcasm from what someone actually thinks on the internet? Grin

Well actually I was responding to Kxmode, but yeah, I hope he was being sarcastic.

Of course I was being sarcastic. Gees...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 13, 2016, 20:58 Kxmode

Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 12:41:
Seriously, Stardew Valley? Oh, PC Master Race, how you have fallen! A Farmville clone as the top seller? I'm so disappointed in you...

I own Stardew Valley. It is not a Farmville clone. It's like a cross between The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past meets Harvest Moon meets Animal Crossing. It's a fun retro game!

Edit: grammar correction

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2016, 22:42.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
11. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Mar 13, 2016, 20:52 Kxmode

People would be better off pre-ordering No Man's Sky. At least they'll get a real game this June.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 16:54 Kxmode

Pigeon wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 12:26:
GM mosquitoes? Hell no! Give me the mass spraying of pesticides any day.

Any day? How about every day? What do you think those Chemtrails you see every day are?

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
24. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 22:28 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 21:56:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 21:49:
The plan was to always, as you quoted, to use the tools in the Founder's Packs to create content and have that content be featured in EverQuest Next. With all due respect please don't defend Daybreak.

No. The Founder's Pack was alpha access to LANDMARK. That was it's own thing that involved creating things. They were to hold contests for designs and the winners would be featured in EQN. In fact, originally, some islands were supposed to be "EQ Fantasy" type only, with others being general designs for people who didn't want to follow the design guides, but that quickly went out the window to just generic content.

I'm not defending Daybreak on anything. Soe/Daybreak completely botched everything involved with this, and pretty much everything before this with how they handled EQ2. All I'm saying, is while they're still at fault for everything involving this, they made it clear the two were separate entities from the beginning.

I'm sorry but you're not being entirely truthful.

Let's rewind back to 2013. Watch the EverQuest Landmark Reveal during EQ Next's Presentation from SOE Live 2013. The link goes directly to the following quote...

"But as we built it (referring to EQ Next) we had to build all kinds of special tools that allowed us to make something special. ... As we started to build something special we needed to assemble tools that none of us had ever used before because they had never existed before. If you're going to build an entire MMO out of voxels you have make some pretty cool tools. So we did that. We started putting them together, and one of the things that came out that was really cool was all the devs started spending all their weekends and their nights, stuff like that, trying to one up each other. Trying to build something that was really cool because the tools were that good. It didn't take us long before we realize that what we really wanted to do give you guys the same tools that we had so that you could help us build EverQuest Next."

Watch the rest of the presentation...

Conclusion:

- During the presentation Dave Georgeson repeatedly referred to Landmark as a tool; not a game.
- NOBODY would ever call CryEngine a "game". It's a tool designed specifically for creating CryEngine games. Likewise Landmark was EverQuest Next's internal tool for creating content; effectively a world-building extension.
- The Devs decided to make Landmark available as a content creation tool for the public.
- The Devs decided to crowdsource content which is why most of the Landmark video have the Devs reviewing built structures.
- The Devs used EQ Next concept art when reviewing structures to see if they match the style and look of of EverQuest Next's concept art.
- The Devs routinely put out concept art for specific racial structures as contests for EverQuest Next.

Buying the Trailblazer's Pack was based purely on that presentation. Noticed Dave said "built" in reference to EQ Next. That word is generally used when something is either done or nearing completion. That was another reason I bought the Trailblazer's Pack. This email also motivated me to buy the Trailblazer's Pack.

The bottom line is EverQuest Next Landmark was NOT pitched as a "separate entity". It was always pitched as the world building extension tool of EverQuest Next.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Cancelled
22. Re: EverQuest Next Cancelled Mar 11, 2016, 21:49 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:42:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:25:
To show further proof EverQuest Next was plastered all over the Landmark site. For example, the Landmark FAQ (via Archive.org).

from the page you linked:

Landmark is a world where you can design and make anything you can imagine! The tools and mechanisms you see in Landmark are the backbone used by the development team to build EverQuest Next. Objects and buildings that players construct in Landmark may also be featured in EverQuest Next!

The items in the packs are exclusive to Landmark. There are no plans for them to transfer to EverQuest Next.

It was it's own thing. That thing was about building.

Oh for goodness sake, look at the question. "Are Founder's Pack items going to transfer between Landmark and EverQuest Next?" The answer is referring to the tools in the Founder's Park used in Landmark. THAT stuff would stay in Landmark and not be transferable. The plan was to always, as you quoted, to use the tools in the Founder's Packs to create content and have that content be featured in EverQuest Next. With all due respect please don't defend Daybreak.

11386 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo