Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description If you actually understand Genesis 1:1 that is the beginning of wisdom.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12079 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2016, 04:25 Kxmode

I think the MMO genre is dead. I don't mean dead right now, but AFAIK no major publisher is producing them; with the exception of Blizzard. Most of the MMOS coming later this year and next all come from greater Asia. China is dumping a ton of money in them.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 22:29 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 19:55:
Retired wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 19:41:
Markets at record high! hahahahah
It's not all roses, gambling is still gambling. Watch "The Big Short"
http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/YHOO?ltr=1

I take issue with your statement and here's why. There is a huge difference between gambling and investing. One uses random chance; the other relies on analytical stats.

There is a reason publically traded companies are required by SEC laws to work within a legal framework and to report their numbers every quarter. These laws primarily protect investors. The information provided is made public, and the results of the company's actions are seen in the stock's performance hourly, daily, weekly and yearly. All of this happens because of a massive network of analytical data. Empirical evidence helps you, and I make wise decisions for our short-term and long-term investment dollars.

Gambling, in all its forms, relies solely on random outcomes. There is a reason why gambling charts do not exist. It would be tough to predict an outcome based on an RNG system. Moreover, while "odds" provide some form of analytical evidence they can never be as good as traditional, non-gambling based investing.

Lastly, I will make this one point. I have yet to meet one person who has said, "I gambled my way to retirement." I have, however, met plenty of individuals who retired because of wise investing.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

41. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 22:05 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 20:00:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 19:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 19:37:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 18:27:
nin wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 15:29:
I can't wait for blizzard to stomp them out again.
Stomp, bankrupt, etc.
Lawyers love shit like this, easy money.

Well, considering Blizzard Legal is part of Blizzard, those lawyers would actually be doing the job they are paid to do. But don't let facts like that get in the way of your cliched viewpoints.
I somehow doubt Blizzard Legal will be covering Nostalrius and Elysium legal fees, hows that for cliched. Or are facts like this a little too hard for you to fathom.

The words you use and how you use them are critical. Case in point, your use of "easy money." You have to know that attaching those two words to lawyers elicits several interpretations. For me "easy money" implied Blizzard would not use their legal department and instead hire a legal team specifically to go after the Nost and Elysium folks. This team would determine the case to be open-and-shut leading to minimal effort for the firm's standard legal fees. Thus, the response I gave.

However, you interpret "easy money" to mean Blizzard is going to make money, or rather recoup their legal costs, from a small group of people who ran a non-profit server. I find it hard to understand how this is "easy money". From a financial decision, it seems like it would cost Blizzard more, especially when you consider they embraced legacy/vanilla through dialog with Mark Kern and the Nost team in separate meetings.

Since we both had different interpretations of what "easy money" meant, I do find it interesting that we chose to use the words facts in our replies. A fascinating study in conversation.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 19:45 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 19:41:
Markets at record high! hahahahah

OMG! I know right?! I'm looking at my accounts and grinning.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 19:44 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 19:37:
Stomp, bankrupt, etc.
Lawyers love shit like this, easy money.

Well, considering Blizzard Legal is part of Blizzard, those lawyers would actually be doing the job they are paid to do. But don't let facts like that get in the way of your cliched viewpoints.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 19:38 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 18:54:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 15:27:
Even though Blizzard was mute on legacy servers; it is going to happen anyhow! Nostalrius and Elysium have pledged to ignore any legal shutdown requests from Blizzard. The host likely will too.

You are incredibly naive if you think people are going to ignore the lawyers and risk their livelihood because you can't let get go of nostalgia.

Those are Elysium and Nost's assurances. That's their response to Blizz for treating the Nost team with complete disrespect for all the stuff they did, including Battle.net Vanilla integration... basically for free. They were willing to do all the work so that no Legion devs would be taken off the Retail game. Blizzard ignored their efforts and offers.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 19:34 Kxmode

Stomp, bankrupt, etc.

That's cute.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 15:30 Kxmode

I can't wait for blizzard to stomp them out again. :)

They can try. Popcorn

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 15:27 Kxmode

So after all the grassroots effort, petition signing, multiple meetings, Nost even going as far as integrating vanilla into Battle.net on their dime, Blizzard has decided not to pursue vanilla. They say they are still discussing it, but as Nostalrius point out in their announcement post, "we never received any response to these questions, even after 4 months."

Nostalrius 2.0 is likely to launch next month under Elysium's care (most of the Nost volunteers are now at Elysium). The current plan is to bring back the old PVP and PVE servers with everyone's account as they were a week before Nost's shutdown announcement. In other words, people who deleted their accounts or gave away gold or something else as a result of Nost's shutdown will have their accounts back. Further, Elysium is going to launch a pair of new PVP and PVE servers.

Even though Blizzard was mute on legacy servers; it is going to happen anyhow! Nostalrius and Elysium have pledged to ignore any legal shutdown requests from Blizzard. The host likely will too.

As a vanilla fan, this is the best news.

72. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 17:36 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 16:48:
Let's all Brexit!!!!

I think you meant CanAnnex!

50. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 15:24 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:35:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:33:
So far I've made $94 on my mutual fund investments. So there's that. That's about as far as I go. Yay for neutrality!

If you're smart and you can, buy as much as you can afford when they drop. They will rebound, as always.

I don't buy individual stocks, but absolutely. Now, would be the best time to buy. Historically the average has always shown that strong companies, who get hit by some kind of external force (e.g. 2008 housing crisis, election results, and so on), typical out-perform themselves. Warren Buffett said, "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful". In other words, if people are selling, buy!

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:33 Kxmode

So far I've made $94 on my mutual fund investments. So there's that. That's about as far as I go. Yay for neutrality!  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal
13. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer & Multiplayer Reveal Nov 8, 2016, 11:40 Kxmode

For this new trilogy I plan on playing FemShep. Hoping to see a trailer with the female lead.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2016, 04:04 Kxmode

Had a meeting with Google yesterday. That was fun. Let's just say no expense was spared for the lunch.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Nov 4, 2016, 01:23 Kxmode

1. "if Blizzard doesn't make an announcement to honour their own core values, be sure that we will." - Initial post from Nostalrius, 10/7

2. "Blizzcon is in a few days now : every end is a new beginning ;)" - Followup from Nostalirus, 10/24

3. From Blizzard, 10/24

Hey everyone,

Weíve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while weíre still discussing the possibility, we wonít have any updates to share on that until after the show.

[reset snipped]

-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team

"Something wonderful is going to happen."

Edit: Popcorn

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2016, 01:36.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer
13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 16:50 Kxmode

Siygess wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 15:22:
The only "mistake" I noticed was at the end of the clip where it says N7 Day 2015..

I don't think that was a mistake. They were simply providing the name of the video they are video linking to.

11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 16:41 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 14:57:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 3, 2016, 13:25:
#BlackSpaceMatters

2 things, this made me google first not white man in space, and he was from Cuba (yes, really) and sent up there by the Soviets in 1980. So.... I think I could call you a closet communist for that hashtag

The other is.. I am hyped for this game

I was simply pointing out space, for the most part, is black and contains matter. An obviously play on the BLM hashtag campaign.

I'm hyped too! But NMS has made me temper my hype and wait until after release for reviews.

3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Andromeda Initiative Trailer Nov 3, 2016, 13:25 Kxmode

#BlackSpaceMatters  

News Comments > Abandon Ship Announced
1. Re: Abandon Ship Announced Nov 3, 2016, 12:42 Kxmode

: The Chris Roberts Story  

News Comments > Steam Screenshot Policy Change?
16. Re: Steam Screenshot Policy Change? Nov 2, 2016, 20:05 Kxmode

Screenshots fired!  

12079 Comments. 604 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo