Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11741 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
67. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 15, 2016, 22:49 Kxmode

What an absolute mess. Glad I got my $930 back.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: etc., etc. Jun 15, 2016, 22:30 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 19:18:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 17:19:
As they say "the book is better than the movie".
The lone exception I am aware of is The Destroyer movie, i.e., "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" I only read the first couple of books after seeing the movie. Later I talked with someone who had read them all and agreed the books were lousy.

People also say Jaws is MUCH better than the book by Peter Benchley.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
26. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 22:24 Kxmode

They could have about 10 million WOW subscribers if they make vanilla progression servers available.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 15, 2016, 22:19 Kxmode

ISPs are going to have a huge problem. The FCC's recently concluded "Lifeline Internet" pilot program was designed to make high-speed Internet available for $9.25 a month in all fifty states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia (More information). This action makes the Internet a public utility. ISPs cannot apply "net neutrality" rules to public utilities. In fact, whenever they tried in the past to become monopolies the government would step in and force them to break up; even if they were publically traded companies. Remember Pacific Bell's breakup in the 80's? I think this should happen to ISPs. Too many of them have become enormous regional monopolies.

TL;DR "In March of 2016, the FCC modernized Lifeline for advanced services by beginning a transition toward support of broadband service." The Internet is a public utility like sewer, water, heat, and electricity.

54. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2016, 14:41 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 22:21:
Yeah, you just keep mollycoddling the Muslims and see where that gets you. And all Blue's censorship in the world won't change that. You guys just keep rationalizing away as the bodies pile up and the blood spills on the street. Not every muslim is a terrorist but they are extremists. Apostasy? Death. Homosexuality? Death. Women rights? Death. Give your fucking heads a shake.

I encourage you to watch The Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" and the Star Trek: Next Generation episode "The Drumhead". Hopefully you get the point of the episodes.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
17. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 14:36 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:42:
So....

When is Obsidian going to make another Fallout game?

When Patrick Stewart close shuts the jaws of Oblivion.

11. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2016, 17:19 Kxmode

Task wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 10:47:
nin wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 15:22:
Just ot back from warcrack, I thought it was decent. Very much a movie made for the fans...if you liked the series, I'd be a little surprised if you didn't like the movie.

I heard the story is based on actual Warcraft, the story that was first told in the RTS games and not WoW? That's pretty cool if so and makes me want to see it more (really hate wow and like the story from the originals). I've read other sites where people complain that it's not a "wow" story which makes me laugh. They actually think "wow" is the start of it.

Liberties were taken with the source material and lore, but the vast majority of the film is the based on Jeff Grubb's Warcraft: The Last Guardian. As they say "the book is better than the movie".

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
18. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 19:13 Kxmode

Miracle Max: Have fun stormin' da castle.
Valerie: Think it'll work?
Miracle Max: It would take a miracle.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2016, 16:36 Kxmode

Really enjoyed the Warcraft film but I understand why people would complain about it. The film desperately needs a 10 minute prologue, like the one that appeared in Fellowship of the Ring.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2016, 22:02 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 20:05:
Brian Fanelli wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 15:15:
Might want to check for any red bulls eyes on your body and perhaps get a test for Lyme Disease. Your symptoms are typical and you can never be too careful in this part of the country. Good luck!

That seems like a very relevant point. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow.

It might be a toomah.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 22:12 Kxmode

Still waiting for Neuromancer and Rendezvous With Rama to be made into films.  

News Comments > Starbreeze Acquires Cinemaware Catalog
14. Re: Starbreeze Acquires Cinemaware Catalog Jun 1, 2016, 11:10 Kxmode

Oh wow! I remember playing TV Sports: Football on my TurboGrafx-16, back when I was a console gamer.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2016, 15:16 Kxmode

Thanks Frans for smashing those server bugs! Smash  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed
5. Re: No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed May 28, 2016, 15:05 Kxmode

This announcement was made on the Playstation site for Playstation customers, and where the PS4 is available for sale the release date has changed to 8/9. The release date for the PC version on Steam and other sites has not changed. It's still showing June 21.

TL;DR PC Master Race

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2016, 14:17 Kxmode

Blue wrote on May 27, 2016, 11:35:
Cutter wrote on May 27, 2016, 11:34:
So are you guys off today or Monday? Our long weekend was last week.

Memorial Day is Monday, though many companies also let people out early today as part of the long weekend.

Yup! My manager is off today. My coworkers are off today (one in Santa Cruz, another heading to San Francisco for his sons college graduation). I'm out of here at noon. Good opportunity to see Captain America and buy a new law mower.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 27, 2016, 14:15 Kxmode

Jagacademy wrote on May 27, 2016, 12:24:
LOL at all this talk over that Vanilla server, when servers like Warmane make millions of dollars a year, and Blizzard doesn't bat an eye.

P.S. Vanilla WoW sucked. Game wasn't worth playing until after the expansions. I had grown bored and quit, a couple years later WoW becomes a phenomenon. It wasn't a phenomenon because of Vanilla.

K.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delayed?
48. Re: No Man's Sky Delayed? May 27, 2016, 02:26 Kxmode

GameStop is NOT a reliable source. Those guys are notorious for posting misleading release dates. And "Kotaku" and "reliable source" cannot possibly be used in the same sentence.

Anyhow, on the NMS Steam page, which is managed by Hello Games themselves, the release date is still June 21. So as far as I'm concerned June 21 is still a go.

28. Re: Warcraft movie is not good May 25, 2016, 21:59 Kxmode

Creston wrote on May 25, 2016, 20:11:
What? No! Nobody saw that coming!

Critics thought Avatar was amazing. They didn't praise it for its story but for its special effects and pushing cinema forward. Contrast that with viewers in Poland who have given Warcraft an average rating of 9.46. There are other movies where critics and movie goers don't agree. Watchmen, for example, did poorly with critics but was praised by movie goers. And more than a few of you - as well as many on MetaCritic - thought the critics were wrong with their high praise for Star Wars The Force Awakens. The bottom line is critics have their viewpoint but it is their's alone. They doesn't reflect the vast majority of people. Basically I'll wait for the user reviews and scores to appear on MetaCritic and Rotten Tomatoes.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2016, 00:49.

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 18:06 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on May 25, 2016, 15:39:
Kxmode wrote on May 25, 2016, 12:50:
Cutter wrote on May 25, 2016, 12:08:
You give this massive property to a guy who's made two movies and knows nothing about the property? Yeah that was bound to work out well. Rolleyes

Duncan Jones is actually a fan of the Warcraft games and WOW, and a gamer.

Being a fan of WOW and being a good character writer are mutually exclusive apparently.

I was specifically responding to Cutter's claim that Duncan Jones "knows nothing about the property". Please don't look for meaning beyond that clarifying point.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 12:50 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on May 25, 2016, 12:08:
You give this massive property to a guy who's made two movies and knows nothing about the property? Yeah that was bound to work out well. Rolleyes

Duncan Jones is actually a fan of the Warcraft games and WOW, and a gamer.

11741 Comments. 588 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo