Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11880 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 14:03 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 13:22:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 12:32:
I played E.T. in the 80's and I played No Man's Sky. The comparison is apt.

No Man's Sky is boring and shallow but that doesn't put it in the same galaxy (bwhaha) as E.T. I can't think of a set of criteria where one meets me the other but then again neither can you it seems.

If I had to compare No Man's Sky to anything it would be Spore. Over hyped, devs making grandiose claims, marketed to hell, shallow gameplay , tried to be everything to everyone and ultimately disappointed.

I bought into the Spore hype, played it and was disappointed, but I purposely chose E.T. over Spore as a comparison against NMS for specific reasons. I'm not going to get into the details of those reasons. However, suffice it to say we're both right, but for different reasons.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 12:32 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 22:20:
Rigs wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 21:39:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 18:21:
...one of the worse games I have ever played this side of Atari's E.T.

Just a tad bit hyperbolic, ja? It wasn't that bad, man. Yes, it shit the bed A:CM-style, I'll give you that but I think that was due to a mix of overwhelming hype (that Sony refused to keep control of), a dev-turned-PR-failure getting in way over his head and fanbois making another delay an impossibility. If they'd delayed it for another six months, brought in some competent QA and maybe had a limited public beta test, they could've avoided a lot of this. Just having the game 'leak' before retail release was enough to show them that they needed to rework some serious issues. I've started to think that maybe the 'leak' was intentional, given their lack of QA.

Still, there are worse games out there. Much worse. At least NMS is playable. And some do find it enjoyable. Apparently, it's got a rather large ASMR following. If it could get some good mods and if HG could release the proposed additions of owning freighters and building bases, it would help considerably. This could be an X-type game, with a trade interface and possibly owning stations/bases. The base game is a good foundation, it just needs someone to build something amazing on top of it!

I firmly believe that most people who compare a game they think is bad to Atari's E.T. simply haven't played it and are using it as a token based on the numerous stories about it being the worst game ever. It's pretty much a meme at this point.

I played E.T. in the 80's and I played No Man's Sky. The comparison is apt.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2016, 18:30 Kxmode

If you see Muslims celebrating, don't get too upset. It's Eid al-Adha; the Islamic "Christmas" if you will. It's a bad coincidence that it's happening today.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2016, 18:56.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2016, 18:26 Kxmode

Techie714 © wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 18:07:
What, no No man's sky? lol

No Mans' Buy

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2016, 18:21 Kxmode

I may not be able to get a refund for No Man's Sky, but it is incredibly satisfying not see it on Steam's Top 10 list or for that matter any other Top 10 list. I realize at some point this is going to makes updates and patches for NMS no longer economically viable, but at this stage, I do not care. Haven't played it in weeks, don't plan on anytime soon. I want justice for all the lies Sean told to get people to buy his game and one of the worse games I have ever played this side of Atari's E.T. Conversely, it brings me great pleasure to see Witcher 3 in the Steam's Top 10 list weekly. No other game developer/publisher deserves it more than CD Projekt Red. Those guys bleed professional and love for their work and their fans.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Sep 10, 2016, 13:52 Kxmode

Exactly DangerDog. Most of us like to ignore the fact that ROMs are considered illegal. Yes, there's a rule that says if you own the original then its fine, but I mean come on, how many of us actually own the original against the thousands of ROMs on our computers? I would suspect virtually no one. I would also imagine Nintendo employees probably have SEGA ROMs on their home computers, and vice versa. So it is kind of like sharing DVDs or CDs. However, putting it on Windows Store and ultimately on Microsoft's servers puts them at risk for litigation. Remember what happened to Napster?  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2016, 06:47 Kxmode

I have always wanted my music to be freely available to people for personal use, but recent thefts and monetizations have left me sad and weary. Making music is not cheap and depending on the song can be time-consuming. So, to protect my work, I am moving to a professional distribution platform coupled with BMI for my PRO affiliation and CAE/IPI number. It was either this or hire an expensive lawyer. Moreover, who knows, maybe one day my music will be licensed for a game or a movie. The platform makes that process seamless.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
171. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 10, 2016, 05:29 Kxmode

Most of you know my history with Star Citizen. However, for those who do not, I will give you the 10-second snapshot.

> Backed Star Citizen on 01/2013 (1st purchase: Digital Mercenary - LTI for $40)
> Continued to back until 11/2014 (last purchase: Standalone Ship - Drake Herald - LTI for $85)
> Total backed: $930
> Felt very confident about project in 2013
> Confidence began to wane in late 2014
> Become uncomfortable about project in early 2015
> Requested a full refund on 07/2015
> Received a full refund a month later. Sandi directly involved herself. Details are fully documented here.

Have I been a vocal opponent of SC in the past? Absolutely. I think I created #BlackKnightsMatter and thought SC had a lot in common with a long con; both of which Derek used on his blogs. However, today I am indifference. I am neither for or against Star Citizen. If both SQ42 and the MMO does well, I am happy for CIG and the backers. If not, well it was one of most expensive crowdfunding experiments in history.

So that is the mindset I had when I read **BREAKING NEWS** Foundry42 (UK) Filed Financials!! and a few of Derek's other links from the Drama Megathread. I am scratching my head. I put nearly 4X more into Star Citizen than Derek and yet the level of negative attention and vitriol is head scratching. There's something more than Derek's passion for wanting to warn people about the project. It almost feels like a private vendetta of some sort. All I am saying is this much hate at such a constant rate for this long cannot be healthy for anyone. It feels like it is bordering on mental illness at a Khan level. As Spock would say, "It is illogical."

Worth noting. I logged into my RSI account and found that, while I do not own any ships, apparently I still have a bunch of stuff.

> 100M REWARD - 2943 WAR BOND
> 56M REWARD - J-SPAN CRYO-STAR COOLER
> 55M REWARD - PREACHER ARMAMENT INQUISITION XXII GATLING
> 52M REWARD - BB-12 MANNED MANEUVERING UNIT
> 49M REWARD - XIíAN SPACE PLANT
> 47M REWARD - ENGINE TUNING KIT
> 45M REWARD - HADESIAN ARTIFACT
> 42M REWARD - EXPLORER-CLASS MOBIGLAS RIG

Okay, I am done. I will go back to bad Monty Python jokes and general jocularities.

News Comments > Ember Released
9. Re: Ember Released Sep 10, 2016, 00:24 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 22:42:
Can they use the engine to make a Ultima 7 HD?

Probably. EA won't let them.

169. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 21:31 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:24:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 16:01:
dsmart wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:18:
I know that most of you guys have shit for brains, which explains the buying of JPEGs for a game that can never be done, but do try to keep up.

Chris Roberts turned me into a newt!... I got better.
DON'T! It's a sacrilege to use that quote with CR or DS.
Changing the subject...what is the capital of Assyria?

I meant that in the most tongue-and-cheeky way. Don't fault me for trying to insert a little humor on a Friday.

164. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 20:07 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 18:18:
Beamer wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 17:28:
Somehow, this went from the tiring "debate with factual authority about whether the game that's years out will be the best thing ever or a monstrous failure" to the even more tedious "let's join together and shit on the last green label name that still hangs out here."

He's just insulting people, lying/deluded about our thoughts, and not actually using his factual authority. He doesn't have any facts to relay, seeing as nothing he's posted has been based on facts, reality or even sensibilities.

For all his shenanigans and tomfoolery Sean Murray at least did one thing right. He stayed silent after the negative PR storm hit full force. In other words, sometimes the best response is no response, or, as the Bible's wise advice puts it: "An answer, when mild, turns away rage, but a word causing pain makes anger to come up." (Proverbs 15:1) Something worth contemplating Derek, if you chose to.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2016, 20:13.

152. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 16:01 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 14:18:
I know that most of you guys have shit for brains, which explains the buying of JPEGs for a game that can never be done, but do try to keep up.

Chris Roberts turned me into a newt!... I got better.

127. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 00:38 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 15:44:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 14:37:
It's so nice when the Blue's crowd gets together to celebrate new Star Citizen news.

Hugs & kisses all around, with the occasional fist up the ass.. and I only stick around because that is *exactly* my kind of party. <3

Comment of the week!

Forget about the comment. That handle is epic: Mordecai Walfish

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
22. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 8, 2016, 01:12 Kxmode

CD Projekt Red should buy the IP now! They are a perfect company to do it. They have a lot of money (worth $1B), and they are one of the few developers who also publish their games. They make fantastic games, and they have an excellent DRM-free distribution platform with GOG and Galaxy.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 01:03 Kxmode

Despite the ending of the third game I loved the ME series, however, thanks to Sean Murray's tomfoolery I am not going to preorder.

Side note, I was getting some serious Star Citizen vibes from the video. Like could this be the Squadron 42 Chris is hoping to make but likely will never achieve? Or am I looking too much into this? Feel free to correct me.

35. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 21:24 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 16:00:
They should rename it StarCitizengine.

I think Citizengine sounds better.

34. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 21:21 Kxmode

At this point, it would be cruel to beat a dead horse. So I will simply take my leave and bid you all a fond adieu. Toff  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2016, 16:22 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 07:51:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 12:30:
Steam Clamps Down On 'No Man's Sky' Refunds

I think Valve's cherry-picking of individuals for refunds who do not qualify for them based on rules they created is an unfair business practice. Those rules exist and should be applied equally to everyone. If they are not going to follow them to the letter, and in particular on a game like No Man's Sky, they should then just abolish them altogether and go on a case-by-case basis. This practice is what they do now. They should simply make it an official thing.

I think that you should stop purchasing games before they have been reviewed by at least 20 publications. Both you and this forum will be a lot happier as a result. Seriously just hide your wallet from yourself if you can't exercise willpower to purchase things sight unseen.

This is not a facetious post, you seem to legitimately have a problem with this and continue repeating past mistakes. Stop preordering, buying and/or funding games before they are released. Wait until games come out and get reviewed, problem solved. This will have the added benefit of not turning you into a cynical shell after being burned for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

It's less about having a problem exercising willpower (you have no idea how much and how many times I do). Typically, I have enough willpower to handle "Do I eat this giant cheesecake or exercise?" and make the right choice. My issue is that I take what people say at face value. It comes from a measure of trust I give professionals. If for example, my favorite band says their new album represents their best work I tend to believe them because I have no reasons to doubt their words. They haven't done or said anything in the past to give me pause. I can't do that anymore with game developers. They continue to overpromise and underdeliver over and over again. I will still continue to exercise willpower, but now I am extremely cautious of grandiose dev claims, and I'm waiting until the games are released and reviewed before buying.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2016, 20:04.

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
5. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Sep 2, 2016, 13:30 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:49:
Stop tormenting me with your TRAINS and corpse runs, damn you! Mwahaha

Trains? Zombies? I think you might be thinking about The Final Station Toff

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2016, 11:43 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 03:01:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 00:13:
Did you know Catholics love cats? Cat Holics.

*groan*

Bet you can't unsee.

11880 Comments. 594 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo