Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11744 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free
6. Re: Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free Jul 20, 2016, 19:38 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 18:42:
I've almost bought this several times, since it sounds like a great story. As many people who talk about the great story, complain about the ending.

Iirc this was a Kickstarter, sure seems like the developers would want to offer a better ending if most all the fans agree.

The Kickstarter was for LIS2, which an impatience fan was trying to start herself. Obviously, it was terminated due to intellectual property problems. LIS was produced by Square-Enix.

The ending isn't bad. Given the lead-up of the five episodes, it ends how you would expect it to end.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2016, 20:52.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rimworld Steam Key Fraud Halted
31. Re: Rimworld Steam Key Fraud Halted Jul 19, 2016, 22:50 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 18:06:
Lol @ Cutter's new Signature. I cannot wait to see how many things in NMS get named "[color] Florp".

I already got dibs on naming a fish Florp. Called it! I've also claimed name ownership for Planet Bob and Planet Steve as well as creatures called "Wire Fraud" and "Class Action Lawsuit." Don't take them or else I'll sue!

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Jul 18, 2016, 12:57 Kxmode

I think it's an excellent idea for publishers to put their games on their platform for several years, then "retire" them to DRM-free GOG. Gives me hope I'll be able to pick up a couple of games that I refuse to buy on UPlay and Origin.  

News Comments > Rimworld Steam Key Fraud Halted
1. Re: Rimworld Steam Key Fraud Halted Jul 18, 2016, 12:52 Kxmode

Sigh. This kind of stuff makes me sad, especially when it happens to a small indie studio.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 14:39 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 14:18:
To get right to the point, we fucked up.... BADLY and we are now scrambling to do everything we can so you'll buy our overpriced Season Pass.

The Half Elf saves the day! I can't understand EA's marketing speak and happy talk.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2016, 14:04 Kxmode

1badmf wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 02:47:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 00:34:
At my age, a Slurpee would probably kill me. But for those of you who can have one, enjoy!

P.S. 7/11 was an inside job.

you mean 7/11 was a part time job.

Well, it was an inside job and a part time job.

News Comments > Turbine Layoffs
11. Re: Turbine Layoffs Jul 12, 2016, 01:04 Kxmode

While waiting in a lobby to have my car serviced, I looked around and out of ten people only myself and one other person wasn't staring at their phone. It was surreal to see how addicted people are to their phones. I bet like 80% of them were playing games. That's why Turbine wants to get into the Mobile game business; that's where the money is.

I'm all for it if it means the money they make from mobile games funds AC1 and LOTRO.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2016, 00:34 Kxmode

At my age, a Slurpee would probably kill me. But for those of you who can have one, enjoy!

P.S. 7/11 was an inside job.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Funded
13. Re: System Shock Remake Funded Jul 10, 2016, 23:51 Kxmode

$900k isn't enough. The stretch goal is what they need. However, an unknown studio isn't going to pitch for 2 million. So they set the minimum to $900k then, not surprisingly, you'll see them continue the crowdfunding on the game's website.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
44. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 14:51 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 13:45:
Oh God, it's begun! The Great Florp Outbreak of '16 is upon us all! Save the women and children first! Florp's always go after the weaker individuals of the target species...And don't forget to read your Florp Outbreak Handbook! May God have mercy on our souls...

I am also going to name a plant and everything on the planet, Steve. I think it would be awesome to land of a planet named Steve.

I just remembered I wanted to name a planet Bob (inspired by Titan A.E.)! "You can't name a whole planet, Bob."

24. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 00:55 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 00:49:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 00:15:
My plan is the name the first planet I land on Cutter in honor of its unruly and harsh landscape.

You can name all the creatures stuff like "Wire Fraud" and "Class Action Lawsuit" and other good Cutter catchphrases.

Indeed. Florp is a good name for a fish.

22. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 00:15 Kxmode

Preordered the day it became available for preorder. And the delay made me happy to see that Sean and his team weren't quite happy with what they had and felt NMS needed a bit more polish. In the end, I'm simply glad to have a game that scratches an itch I've always wanted in a video game, namely, pure exploration.

Side note. My plan is the name the first planet I land on Cutter in honor of its unruly and harsh landscape.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 2, 2016, 23:58 Kxmode

TheEmissary wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 13:45:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 12:23:
Thanks Star Citizen!

Star Citizen didn't cause the drop off in pledges. It has more to do with the negative trands that range anywhere from projects just ending with no deliverable,countless delays, releasing as a buggy mess, or a scam. Recently you had a couple kickstarter projects that failed and just closed shop without so much as a word to the backers. Another project lowballed the required. The list goes on. The confidence in Kickstarter has been shattered.

What did you expect? Too many liars pitching game projects that didn't live up to the promises made. By far the biggest is Star Citizen. That game will go down in history as the most successful failure ever.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 2, 2016, 23:56 Kxmode

Not surprised. The concept was good but then quickly turned into failed experiment. Godus, Star Citizen, Spacebase DF-9, etc. all failures.  

News Comments > Godus Dead?
15. Re: Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 17:31 Kxmode

Can someone tell me what "There's lots of areas to explore to finish" means?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
101. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 21, 2016, 02:42 Kxmode

Comet, I have to laud your posts. You're obviously very passionate about defending Star Citizen. However, remember this site isn't the official RSI forums or the Subreddit. Blue's News has always been a bastion of free expression for and against many things. Sometimes a little too free as you've no doubt seen in post removals from time to time. I'm simply saying, please don't turn this site into the third official wing of Star Citizen's marketing. It's not going to work here.  

93. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 18, 2016, 16:53 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 15:23:
I want this to succeed, but I don't see how it does. They've promised 100 systems, and delivered 2. That's like saying you're going to run a 26-mile marathon and after the first 2 hours you've gone a quarter mile.

Using your analogy, over one million people gave you 116 million dollars to finish a 26-mile marathon.

Roberts is an amazing dreamer and a shitty project manager. The scope of this project is out of control. They could probably finish it if they had three or four more years, but they will run out of money long before then.

That's one reason why lead designer Rob Irving left CIG. You get the sense in the interview there's an NDA constraining what he says, but you also get the feeling that, before leaving CIG, he knew Roberts had elevated his game to dangerous levels of scope creep. Likely to the point that it made development and production unsustainable. He probably didn't want something that he realized would implode on his professional resume. Now, it's probably worse given the hard deadline Roberts set for SQ42.

I just hope they finish SQ42, as inane as the dialog was, the combat should be fun.

I wouldn't hold out hope. Just wait and see what happens.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2016, 00:56.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 2
3. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 2 Jun 18, 2016, 02:57 Kxmode

Dev wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 12:50:
LOL headlines are all over the map

Euphoric NOT to see "Mass Shooting Ends E3." Don't want to see that barbaric nonsense.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 2
2. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 2 Jun 18, 2016, 02:54 Kxmode

This year's E3 has been strange. Cool was on display in full force but there was also more than a few head scratchers.

The biggest has to be "Death Stranding". It was intriguing but extremely vague. As much as I tried to like "Breath of the Wild" I couldn't get past its 2007 graphics. It's like Nintendo is trying to update the graphics to Skyrim but keep the cel shading, so it feels like a Zelda game. Unfortunately, the combination just looks weird. "Mass Effect Andromeda" was cryptic and told me nothing about the game. "For Honor's" premise, with Warriors fighting over a little spring for the next 1,000 years, was ridiculous. My reaction: "they could try sharing it." From a technical perspective the cinematic for "Watch Dogs 2" was impressive but it didn't show the game. "World of Final Fantasy" was embarrassing. The EA Star Wars fluff piece was awful. None of the games they're working on has me interested. The only Star Wars game I was looking forward to was 1313, but there's no word on its status. "Forza Horizon 3" remained the only game that impressed me. The trailer had it all: great graphics, solid looking physics, off-roading, and a great Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" cover. Unfortunately realizing it is a Xbox exclusive made me sad. Sorry Microsoft, but I'm not going to buy a Xbox One to play games on my computer.

So as long as my decisions don't involve red, green, and blue then, maybe Mass Effect Andromeda will become the sleeper hit this year.

89. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 18, 2016, 02:13 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 19:20:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 18:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 15:42:
Congratulating someone for spending a thousand dollars and wanting it back. Got it. I came to my senses and understand the concept now. Your right it was not that difficult, thanks for helping me through this senseless period of my life.
Not so obvious to some, apparently. Congratulations on getting it wrong, again. I was not congratulating him for spending a thousand dollars and wanting it back. I was congratulating him for regaining his common sense, which if had been in place previously, would have prevented him from spending $1,000.
Once again your right it was not that difficult, thanks for helping me through this senseless period of my life.

You two have engaged in dangerous levels of crazy talk.

11744 Comments. 588 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo