Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14064 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
13. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 12:10 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 11:39:
How many chances does this guy get? How many?

As many as they want. It's their world (platform). We just play on it.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
1. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jun 14, 2018, 11:08 Kxmode

PC Gaming is like the red-headed step-child to Microsoft. First, there's neglect, and then Microsoft feels terrible. They then try to provide some love, but it turns into abuse. When we tell Microsoft to stop, they become violent, until they finally stop and ignore us for their golden child Xbox. The cycle repeats.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > GreedFall Trailer
4. Re: GreedFall Trailer Jun 14, 2018, 11:03 Kxmode

Alamar wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 23:05:
Nice looking CGI... Wonder what the game is about...

"An island paradise has been discovered by colonial forces from several distinct nations from fictional lands, but with magic and monsters. You play as a neutral Human who recently arrived at the island, able to ally yourself with either the native Elves who inhabit the land, or any of the foreign nations competing to conquer and colonize the "new" land." Source

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 1
7. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 1 Jun 12, 2018, 20:09 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 23:44:
Choke on your great games, Andrew Wilson. Did it hurt, watching your Bioware guys get little to no crowd response at all?

I think you're mixing companies. Andrew Wilson runs EA the publisher, not BioWare the studio. Pretty sure he's not involved in the day-to-day minutiae.

News Comments > Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support
8. Re: Steam Ending Windows XP and Vista Support Jun 12, 2018, 20:05 Kxmode

gsilver wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 18:26:
I like the way that this creates paradoxes for certain games, like Fallout 3, that don't run properly with Windows 7+

Has nothing to do with the game. It's about the Steam client itself. Valve doesn't want to continue support for platforms that Microsoft themselves no longer support.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 14:50 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:18:
Sequels... sequels... sequels...

... sequels...

... non-gameplay Cyberpunk trailer...

ZzZzZz...

You could retire from gaming, and come back a decade later. Then you might be wowed by it all, again.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
62. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 00:05 Kxmode

Noteworthy E3 trailer music:

AURORA - Queendom from Unraveled Two
Trills - Speak Loud from Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Hyper - Spoiler from Cyberpunk 2077

and finally

I'm Yours Forever - Original trailer song for Tetris Effect

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 1
5. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 1 Jun 11, 2018, 22:35 Kxmode

This is most handy. Get all you want from a single salad buffet!
https://screenrant.com/e3-2018-every-game-trailer/

News Comments > Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced
12. Re: Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 22:29 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 17:21:
be careful lest you get a literal tongue lashing of biblical proportions

Oh please, Mister "let me use every opportunity to post something policital." I would think by now that you'd be jaded with the ongoing circus and want to move on.

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2018, 22:26 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:59:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:31:
Darks wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:20:
Microsoft is not going to win the hears ad minds of gamers with this Win 10 exclusive bullshit.

People and their paranoia.

Do people believe that using an older version of Windows somehow prevents Microsoft from snooping on them? If they want a real "Big Brother" free OS, then go Linux. Otherwise, put the tinfoil hats away and join the modern era.

you apparently are very confused and dont understand what I was saying to begin with. It would be pointless for me to sit here and try and explain it to you.

Not once, did I mention anything about not wanting to upgrade.

Then explain why you equated Windows 10 exclusivity with BS. If you have Windows 10, then exclusivity on that OS isn't a problem. If that statement is framed from the point of view that you still use an older version of Windows, then it begs the question. Why are you using an OS older than dirt that is no longer supported by Microsoft to play modern games? So. Explain what you mean by "Win 10 exclusive bullshit."

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2018, 22:19 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 17:49:
Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 17:41:
What we didn't understand was that Trump wasn't saying EVERYONE was going to win. Just the corps and the rich people. And they've been winning like crazy.
I understood that prior to his election. It was clear to anyone paying attention. Frankly, as bad as it has been, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be.

Because the laws protecting Net Neutrality were in place, until today.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2018, 17:05 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 16:37:
The places you'll see changes the most quickly are the areas with broadband monopolies. Which is not a small portion of the market. You can bitch all you want about tiered access, but currently the Feds are saying that's cool. So those people will just be out of luck...

See a rise in crowdsourced bandwidth. People are not going to take this. You have five basic essentials: food, water, sleep, God, and Internet.

3. Federal Net Neutrality Rules End Today, But a Backlash Looms. Jun 11, 2018, 14:34 Kxmode

Guaranteed if any ISP starts introducing tiered or "fast line" pricing to access content faster, they are going to suffer a massive rash of anger the likes of which has never been seen. Besides there's going to be a rise of direct backbone ISPs who will advertise their No Tiered/No fastline services in direct competition. In other words, ISPs are in a no win scenario even with their inside man Ajit Pai.  

5. Re: Win10 Exclusive Gears of War 5 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 14:31 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:20:
Microsoft is not going to win the hears ad minds of gamers with this Win 10 exclusive bullshit.

People and their paranoia.

Do people believe that using an older version of Windows somehow prevents Microsoft from snooping on them? If they want a real "Big Brother" free OS, then go Linux. Otherwise, put the tinfoil hats away and join the modern era.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
36. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 14:26 Kxmode

I bet this game will come out before Star Citizen or Squadron 42 does.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 2 Plans
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Plans Jun 9, 2018, 17:27 Kxmode

EA you failed. Instead of making a proper single-player campaign (around 30+ hours), you tacked on a 5-hour entry into your gambling system disguised as a Star Wars video game.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed
4. Re: Battlefield V Battle Royale Confirmed Jun 9, 2018, 17:23 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Jun 9, 2018, 16:22:
I remember when DICE made innovative game modes like Titan in BF2142 and Rush in Bad Company 2.

Now they're just a #metoo studio

/sad

It's not them. It's EA. EA is the #MeToo publisher, and they want some of that sweet, sweet Battle Royale pie.

34. Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2018, 23:18 Kxmode

Blizzard is sending out Beta invites now. Got one.

"You're Invited to the Battle for Azeroth Beta Test!"

News Comments > IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs
8. Re: IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs Jun 8, 2018, 16:12 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 14:51:
LOL @ gamer marketing: "gamers are athlete's!"

Total athletes.

17. The Fisher King Jun 8, 2018, 14:56 Kxmode

A young boy spent the night alone in a forest to prove his courage. During the night, he received a sacred vision. Out of the fire, appears the Holy Grail - God's highest symbol of divine grace. A voice says to the boy, "You shall be the guardian of the Grail that it may heal the hearts of men." The boy was overcome by it all and further blinded by grander visions of life ahead filled with beauty and glory, hope and power.

Tears of childlike wonder and inspiration filled his eyes as he sensed his invincibility, and in this state of radical amazement he felt for a brief moment, not like a boy, but like God. He reached into the fire to take the Grail, but it vanished, and in its wake the boy's hands were caught in the flames, leaving him wounded and ashamed at what his recklessness had cost him.

When the boy became King, he was determined to reclaim his destiny and find the Grail. However, with each year that passed, with each campaign he fought, the Grail remained lost. The wound he suffered in the fire grew worse until he became a bitter man. Life for him lost it's reason. With each disappointment, with each betrayal, with each loss, his wound grew. Soon the land began to spoil from neglect and his people starved until finally, the King lost all faith in God's existence. In man's value, he lost his ability to love or be loved. He was so sick with life's experience that he started to die.

As the years went on, his bravest knights would search for the Grail so that it would heal their King and make them the most respected and valued men in the land. But to no avail. Eventually, finding the Grail became a struggle between ambitious men vying for the King's power to the degree that the King's worst suspicions of man confirmed. His only hope, he thought, was death. Then one day, a fool was brought in to cheer up the King.

The fool was a simple-minded man who was not particularly skilled or admired. He would tell the King jokes and sing him songs, but the King felt even worse. Finally, the fool asked, "What is it that hurts you so much? How can I help?" And the King replied, "I need a sip of water to cool my throat." So, the fool takes a cup from the bedstand, fills it with water and hands it to the King. Suddenly, the King feels a lot better and as he looks into his hands and sees the Holy Grail. The fool handed him an ordinary cup that had been beside his bed all along. The King asks, "How could you find what all my knights and wisest men could not find?" The fool answers, "I don't know. I only knew you were thirsty."

For the first time since he was a boy, the King felt more than a man - not because God's glory touched him but rather, by the compassion of a fool.

R.I.P. Robin Williams

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2018, 15:08.

14064 Comments. 704 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo