Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12785 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > G2A Responds to Gearbox
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 10, 2017, 22:12 Kxmode

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:55:
Gearbox had to have been ignorant of their business to a certain degree because it only became a problem when Total Biscuit basically spelled it out for them when they asked why he boycotted their titles for supporting G2A.

That's the point. Gearbox was no longer ignorant after TB let them know and they went to G2A to demand if this exclusive deal happens with you people you need to make assurances (which they lined out). After all that, G2A behaved like Gearbox was still ignorant of their business. Make sense?

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Planetcoster The TRON Experience Apr 10, 2017, 21:47 Kxmode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3iHTQR-xOk Wow!  

News Comments > NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM LEGACY
2. Re: [redacted] Apr 10, 2017, 21:46 Kxmode

Ah, Japan. Purveyors of the most challenging game titles to remember.

News Comments > G2A Responds to Gearbox
1. RE: G2A Responds to Gearbox Apr 10, 2017, 21:39 Kxmode

So what they're doing, in a very passive damage-control way, is blaming Gearbox for being ignorant of their business. If these requests are "part of our marketplace" G2A could have easily provided Gearbox with the assurances they wanted. I think I'm going to side with Gearbox on this.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Apr 10, 2017, 21:29 Kxmode

"Blackwood Crossing" was released last week under the radar (saw nothing on this site). $16 on Steam. I wanted to pick this up but completely forgot about it. Anyhow, looks like a great indie title. (trailer)  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2017, 02:03 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 22:44:
Huh, I always hated Dr. Strange. World class surgeon, bon vivant, man about town and and ginormous douchebag all in one. Cripples himself

Is that not the same plot for Iron Man?

10. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 9, 2017, 01:51 Kxmode

Heiner Bielefeldt, the former UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, explains why freedom of religion is so important.

And Vladimir Vasilyevich Ryakhovskiy, Member of the Presidential Council for Civil Society and Human Rights, puts it perfectly: "It has always started with Jehovah’s Witnesses and then spread to everyone else."

There are more secular experts weighing in on video at JW.org. I understand the URL will cause hesitation, so just know the content of the page only has links to video clips with the experts giving their feedback (feel free to ignore everything else). Fundamentally, what's at stake is the authorities using labels like "extremist" as permission to target minority groups (not just religions). You may not care, but it is essential to fundamental freedoms; one of which is the freedom to worship God; whatever that may be to the individual.

It's worth noting that The Russian Federation is NOT The Soviet Union. Russia adopted a United States-like constitution in 1991 after the Soviet Union dissolved. The articles provide its citizens with many freedoms like religion and expression. It would be a mistake to think this could never happen in the United States.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2017, 02:45.

41. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 8, 2017, 23:50 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 07:47:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 02:47:
The situation with the neighbor's dogs has to be the most stressful event I've found myself in. It's raining and cold over here in California, and I didn't know how the dogs were doing or if they had shelter, food, or what. The worse is the owner left the property two weeks ago (he's a renter). He abandoned his dogs. I have great news to report! The Chief of Police emailed me tonight:

"Animal Services responded to check on the dogs today. Some food was left by the Animal Services Officer and the dogs appeared to be in acceptable health at that time. A note was left requesting contact from the owner and we’ve received no response. The plan now is that the dogs will be taken into protective custody tomorrow by our Animal Services staff."

It's been a very long six months but I'm relieved for the dogs, and I'll finally be able to get peace and quiet. Win-Win for us both!

Poor pooches. I hope they're sent to a no-kill shelter. I don't hope the same for their ex-owners.

I hope so. But the situation had become unbearable for both myself, the neighbors, and the dogs. Had the city not acted they would've died from starvation. If euthanized, that would be more humane and less painful. I do hope the city can rehabilitate them and put them to work as police dogs.

I'm working with an animal advocate to track down where this monster moved to and place him on a DO NOT ADOPT list with area shelters to ensure no dog will ever suffer through another ordeal.

37. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 8, 2017, 02:53 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 18:47:
That being said, I thought The Island was pretty good.

I'd love to see a sequel to The Island. There's a great follow-up story worth telling.

36. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 8, 2017, 02:47 Kxmode

The situation with the neighbor's dogs has to be the most stressful event I've found myself in. It's raining and cold over here in California, and I didn't know how the dogs were doing or if they had shelter, food, or what. The worse is the owner left the property two weeks ago (he's a renter). He abandoned his dogs. I have great news to report! The Chief of Police emailed me tonight:

"Animal Services responded to check on the dogs today. Some food was left by the Animal Services Officer and the dogs appeared to be in acceptable health at that time. A note was left requesting contact from the owner and we’ve received no response. The plan now is that the dogs will be taken into protective custody tomorrow by our Animal Services staff."

It's been a very long six months but I'm relieved for the dogs, and I'll finally be able to get peace and quiet. Win-Win for us both!

33. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 7, 2017, 21:31 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 19:27:
That's a lot of actors though. Morgan Freeman, Robert DeNiro, Stallone, etc.

Truth. A large majority of their work is just shit, roles that were written for who they are rather than them branching out and playing different characters. That's where I penalize them and consider them overrated. Someone like Depp, Norton or Weaving, McKellan was mentioned below... or the method actors that get really into playing someone completely different than themselves... they impress me.

I wonder what type of method acting Mark Wahlberg channeled for The Perfect Storm and Deepwater Horizon. Both excellent films acted admirably by a guy that used to go by the handle, Marky Mark and starred in a Michael Bay film.

21. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 7, 2017, 16:09 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 15:37:
An overrated actor praising an overrated director. Match made in heaven if you ask me.

Hopkins has never impressed me, barring "that one role" and maybe the crazy doctor he played in Red2... otherwise I don't really "get" what everyone sees in his work.

Imagine Ian McKellen and Patrick Steward acting abilities mixed with Morgan Freeman's voice. That's Anthony Hopkins. He brings a certain quiet authority to whatever role he takes. He makes you believe the lines he delivers are his own. There are only a handful of actors who can do that. Anthony Hopkins is one of them.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2017, 15:30 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 12:07:
Well, Anthony Hopkins clearly lost his mind.

He was making the point that Michael Bay 'is a genius' based on his work ethic and dedication to the craft. Sweating the details like "light on metal" takes a certain level of craziness to do that, and Hopkins is saying he observed it and appreciated it. So perhaps Bay's films are erratic and esoteric, but we can still appreciate them for what they are and how he made them.

News Comments > Dragon Age 4 Outed?
14. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 7, 2017, 03:02 Kxmode

I think all races will be genderless gray creatures because that's common in fantasy.

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
61. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 18:47 Kxmode

Squirmer wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 18:40:
The only issue here is that Bioware writers are terrible. It wasn't this character that was "hamfisted". Bioware's writing in general is hamfisted.

That's the thing. I don't even like ham. So I surely don't like it being punched! I prefer turkey clubs with a side a french fries. I'm hungry. BRB! Drool

60. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 18:45 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 17:50:
Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha

Is that in reference to the clone wars?

41. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 14:37 Kxmode

E.A. - Early Access. It's in the name.  

40. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 14:26 Kxmode

They should apologize for the unpolished quality. It doesn't appear to measure up the standards set by the previous trilogy.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
56. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 22:03 Kxmode

@OpticNerve - You should play the revised ending. It's much better. Also, play the Citadel DLC. It'll give the series a nice bit of closure.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 21:55 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 07:42:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 03:47:
Let's see, make people pay full price for a game, then have shit netcode and force them to grind for in-game currency? Why would people downvote that?

Ubisoft continually does crazy, stupid shit like this. They only learn their lessons after tons of negativity and floundering sales. Unfortunately, by then it's probably too late.

Yup! I've played through the AC series (on Syndicate). Unity drove me nuts with its mangled controls, PAY2WIN cash shop, and the complicated currency system (Livres, Sync Points, Creed Points and Helix Credits). They priced upgrade items so expensive in Livres that I would be required to either waste a ton of time tracking down chests for paltry Livres or buy Helix Credits from the Ubi soft. Not wanting to do either, I opted for a cheat to add enough Livres to purchase the items I needed so that I could finish the game. How shameful of Ubi!

UbiSoft managed to turn something that worked in the earlier quadrilogy eventually into a bloated carcass. Unity and Rogue remain the worse of the series. People get tired of the ham-fisted shenanigans, and that was seen when very few bought Syndicate even though it's a much better game.

12785 Comments. 640 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo