Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description If you actually understand Genesis 1:1 that is the beginning of wisdom.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12127 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
59. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 19:17 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 19:15:
Who here has $0 wrapped up in Star Citizen and NMS combined?

Not me. yay...

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 19:11 Kxmode

Sabre Wulf wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 14:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:52:
Signed On Sep 23, 2010, 22:40 Clearly a sleeper agent. Nice
Clearly I've been waiting six years for just this moment, biding my time to ask the question my plan is complete

SabreWulf contains 9 letters.
9/3 = 3
Half-Life 3 confirmed.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

16. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 12:57 Kxmode

Chris needs to apple-igize for the scope of this gaudy monstrosity. Too much fidelitah and immershuns.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
26. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 14, 2016, 19:07 Kxmode

@jdreyer - Absolutely. The great thing about NMS is it destroyed preordering for me. I wish I could say it killed CF/EA but that honor goes to Star Citizen. I'm in my 40's, and I'm still learning new things. ABL = Always. Be. Learning.

Speaking of learning, Khan Academy is awesome!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 19:03 Kxmode

You know The Asylum is going to come out with a Rogue One knockoff called Rouge One. You just know it!  

News Comments > Descent: Underground Next Year?
15. Re: Descent: Underground Next Year? Dec 14, 2016, 18:59 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 17:18:
Guys..guys! Forget this Descent-wannabe trash! (and those screens on STEAM look horrible) I found the real successor to Descent! Not only does it play good and look the part, it has a DEMO ON STEAM! Check it! You won't be disappointed, I promise!

It's called 'Overload'
http://store.steampowered.com/app/450220/

=-Rigs-=

If memory serves this is created by the people behind original Descent.

My biggest gripe with D:U is ship handling. It's been more than a decade but I distinctly remember the 6DoF control of ships was almost perfect. The last few times I played D:U it feels like I'm flying around in a camera with a ship HUD attached. There's no feeling of control. Kind of a bad thing to have for a game focused on ship to ship combat in tunnels.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 17:23 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 17:05:
mellis wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 16:10:

Ironically, the very best representation of Star Wars since Episodes 4,5 and 6 comes from EA in the form of their Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG CGI trailers.

Seriously... the KotR trailers are so awesome, (I want to say it's Blur studios who actually does those, not Bioware) I would love some full length movies by those guys.

If you watch all three Elder Scrolls Online videos together this is like a 23 minute movie.

http://www.blur.com/work/project/elder-scrolls/
http://www.blur.com/work/project/the-elder-scrolls-online-the-arrival/
http://www.blur.com/work/project/the-elder-scrolls-online-the-siege/

9. Re: Descent: Underground Next Year? Dec 14, 2016, 16:10 Kxmode

siapnar wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 15:58:
Can't believe this is what they ended up with after getting all that crowdfunding money

I keep asking myself that same question after dropping $50 on the project. Pretty much done with CF/EA projects. Battletech was my last.

8. Re: Descent: Underground Next Year? Dec 14, 2016, 16:08 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 14:32:
Um... hasn't Decent ALWAYS been Underground?

This one goes deeper!

7. Re: Descent: Underground Next Year? Dec 14, 2016, 16:08 Kxmode

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 12:01:
Based on its current state, they have a LOT of work to do if they want this to come out then in any kind of decent state.

badum tish

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 15:04 Kxmode

nin wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 15:01:
Thanks for the ad.

I thought it was newsworthy. Maybe I should eliminate the exclamation marks and sound indifferent. Thanks, nin.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 15:02 Kxmode

I know... the Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

I heard midichlorians is a buzzword for crack. Truff?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2016, 14:59 Kxmode

Elysium (a.k.a. Nostalrius 2.0) is scheduled to go live on December 17th! Here's your chance to experience again, or experience for the first time, vanilla WOW with a massive population. Google "Elysium WOW" for details. For Azeroth!  

23. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 22:26 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 16:11:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 13:52:
Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody knew NMS would not deliver core gameplay features heavily promoted as being in the game at launch by Sean.

Dude, please. In thread after thread on this very forum we said again and again "Where's the beef?" Months and months before the game launched.

Three points.

1. You guys do that on just about every game. I've learned to ignore your snarky, cranky criticisms or take them as humorous posts. I even do that myself. But for serious things I looked to the gaming media to be watch dogs. Geoff Keighley, for example, knew months in advance the status of the game and didn't warn consumers about it. He even told HG they should release NMS as early access. He should have warned us.

2. "Where's the beef?" is not the same as saying "There is no beef!" I'll remind you that none of you said that, or more specifically stated the game would not have core features Sean pitched at launch. Again, hindsight is 20/20.

3. I visit Blue's News mostly, but it is not the only site I visit for my gaming news and reviews. The news surrounding NMS was much bigger than Blue's News.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2016, 22:33.

15. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 15:03 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 14:53:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 13:52:
Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody Some people knew NMS would not deliver core gameplay features heavily promoted as being in the game at launch by Sean and didn't buy it, knowing what was promised was technologically impossible to achieve at this time.

FTFY.

Perhaps some knew but "Hindsight is 20/20" implies the vast majority did not. Let's be real. The game was pitched as-is at launch but delivered nothing beyond basic gameplay. There's no amount of foresight to prepare anyone for that.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week
14. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 12, 2016, 14:35 Kxmode

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 09:32:
I'll agree with these comment as well. It seems the glowing reviews of most of the posters ignore many of the issues of the game as well as the misinformation about the F2P accounts not having restrictions.
The glowing fan boy reviews, which they more than entitled to make, ignore many if not all of the issues with the game. Anet won't even replace their official forum that they know are broken, let alone interact with customers there. Wintersday???? (like all their festivals) just recycled same old content year after year. They still haven't fixed the elixer problem in the latest episode.
The game can be good and fun but one shouldn't ignore the issues that the game and it's devs have.

There's no harm in talking about the things I like about the game and acknowledging the issues. GW2 has issues, but for me, the benefits outweigh the problems. That makes it a great game in my humble opinion.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 12, 2016, 14:30 Kxmode

I think crowdfunding / early access is a flawed system. Unless the scope of the game is significantly defined and not deviated from these projects will undoubtedly have a measure of scope creep. In the case of SC/SQ42 a LOT of it. The problem with CF/EA is developers don't truly know how much they need to make their vision, and they don't know how much they'll get from backers. So as more money comes in than they anticipated, they start bolting on features that weren't part of the original plan leading to an endless cycle of stretch goals and new crowdfunding campaigns to keep their coffers full. I bet when Rockstar started work on GTA5 they precisely knew how much money to designate for the engine and the game.  

13. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 13:52 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 13:40:
But you pre-purchased it to get a free ship. The high price of education.

Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody knew NMS would not deliver core gameplay features heavily promoted as being in the game at launch by Sean.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 12, 2016, 13:46 Kxmode

D4rkKnight wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 23:24:
What about Shroud of the Avatar. They raised 10 million for some shitty alpha MMO and they are apparently starting a phase 2 kickstarter to keep the funds rolling in.

Yup. That, unfortunately, is another game I backed. Actually none of the games I've backed have been released. Here's the list:

Hullabaloo - a steampunk cartoon by alumni Disney animators
Battletech
Everspace
Exoplanet - A frontier western sci-fi RPG
Project: Gorgon - by the same people who created Asheron's Call 1
Descent: Underground
Shroud of the Avatar

News Comments > Crytek Payroll Issues?
20. Re: Crytek Payroll Issues? Dec 12, 2016, 13:27 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 08:06:
Last time they were in deep shit, there was actually a rumor about a "mysterious benefactor" bailing them out. Many people believed that person to be CR. So this might be a repeat if he does in fact rescue them (again).

If this is true I believe this would make a lot of backers upset considering they didn't back to keep Crytek financially afloat.

12127 Comments. 607 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo