Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description If you actually understand Genesis 1:1 that is the beginning of wisdom.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12331 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
1. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 6, 2017, 20:26 Kxmode

wow.... just. wow.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 18:40 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 18:19:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:39:
Difficult to come up with something to do that isn't legally and/or morally a problem...

Yah, I was imagining things .. then I'm like .. Oh wait, that's so wrong .. but how about .. No, no, that's bad ...

You have no idea how big of a list I went through at 2 in the morning. I was like, "nope. nope. nope. definitely illegal. no way! unthinkable. nope. nope." I opted for a "Jackie! Be quiet!" (dog's name). That only made it worse.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

39. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 18:31 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 18:07:
Apparently, I have no social life and I'm totally out of what's trending. What does "I-borhood" mean? Google gives no results.

You're not. It's a neighborhood where everyone only cares about themselves and their well-being, and are not responsive to helping others. Thus the "I" borhood. I came up with it.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 17:49 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:28:
I had neighbors like that. I ended up moving.

The neighborhood started to feel like an "I-borhood" about five years ago and only got worse when my immediate neighbors on both sides of my house moved out. Neighbors to the left were the nicest people imaginable. I used to ask them for home ownership advice (I was a 26-year-old). They had a cat who occasionally turned my front porch into a war zone with other neighborhood cats. It was very tolerable. A quick open-door-yell, "Hey cats! Quit it!" typically ended the conflict for the night. I have yet to meet the new neighbors to the right of me. I think they fear me or something. I don't know why. But there's a "cold" response. I feel completely isolated. I don't know any of my neighbors other than dog's owner who's friendly. I have his number so I can text him whenever his dog gets out of control, but that only works so much.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 17:22 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 17:03:
I know someone who had a similar problem. The city told gave him a form, where if he got enough signatures, from nearby neighbors, the local animal control would confront and fine the noisy neighbor. It worked!

Worth a try?

Already tried that. Neighbors are apathetic. I suspect they will only respond when the dog starts to become their issue. It's not a neighborhood. It's an I-borhood.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 16:39 Kxmode

My neighbor's dog is a blight on the neighborhood. It barks for hours day and night. Seven hours nonstop is the longest I've clocked him at (it only stopped after passing out). He also doesn't seem to understand that 1:30 AM isn't a barking hour. Called the non-emergency PD number and they told me they don't send units for noisy animals (on a side note the city fined me for letting my grass grow 12 inches). So out of a desperate need to get the sleep I turned the hall wall into a new bedroom. It helps. The surrounding walls act as a buffer, and the ear plugs, rolled up sock, and beanie pretty much reduces the noise to 0. It's been a stressful 5-6 months with no end in sight.

The crazy thing is I'm not mad at the dog. I'm mad at the owner. Dogs are very mono-emotional. If they bark all the time that's their way of saying "Hey! Something is wrong. Please help!" Why do pet owners ignore their animals like this?

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 14:25 Kxmode

Blue, are you suggesting Pro Football is like Pro Wrestling where the outcome is rigged?

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico
14. Re: On Sale Feb 5, 2017, 20:02 Kxmode

Reactor wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 11:14:
I tried this once. I got a fine for hitting a car. Then I got the same fine for hitting a police car. Then I got the same fine for running over a police car. And again, the same fine for hitting one so hard it wound up on top of my truck.

I don't recommend playing ATS after GTA5.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: On Sale Feb 4, 2017, 01:39 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 19:01:
Apple will sell fools $300 worth of hardware for just $2300.

Yup! I call it Apple Juice. They get addicted to the stuff.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2017, 01:56.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: On Sale Feb 4, 2017, 01:34 Kxmode

That's not a challenge. That's stupidity. He's could've gotten to the bottom of Excel in exactly 1 second by pressing CTRL + down arrow. There are 1,048,576 rows in Excel. Question answered!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 3, 2017, 18:11 Kxmode

Hope we can turn off WGM. I don't need another performance hit beyond the ones already occurring in Windows 10. My least favorite is the Draconian updates downloading whenever regardless of what I'm doing. I can't stop this, but I know it's going on according to Resource Monitor. Very annoying.  

12. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 16:19 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 14:49:
Are they talking about a paid expansion, or a free one?

All the priors have been free. They must be making money from word of mouth advertising. Plus, with each state, the game continues to get bigger. Even more so with the recent upscale. The upscale has made the longer drives more fun, but not too long. Nice balance. ATS is really fun chill-relaxing game.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2017, 14:16 Kxmode

LiTh wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 13:11:
You guys know you can get paid to do this in real life right?

But then it would be a job. What's the fun in that?! Wacko

News Comments > Mafia III Expansion Plans
5. Re: Mafia III Expansion Plans Feb 3, 2017, 14:09 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 13:45:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 13:18:
Sempai wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 11:42:
Is this game still a turd?

Yup. 99 "sneak".
Wreck

Apparantly the NPC doesn't see color.

News Comments > Mafia III Expansion Plans
3. Re: Mafia III Expansion Plans Feb 3, 2017, 13:18 Kxmode

Sempai wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 11:42:
Is this game still a turd?

Yup. 99 "sneak".

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2017, 11:04 Kxmode

"This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype. Groundhog Day used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to eat it. You're hypocrites, all of you!"  

2. Re: American Truck Simulator Going to New Mexico Feb 3, 2017, 11:01 Kxmode

Nice! Keep on trucking SCS! One of the best chill driving games.  

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
39. Re: On Sale Feb 3, 2017, 01:53 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 22:49:
You're talking about the current state of VR.
The phrase "commitment to the long term success" is future looking.
They're committed to making it successful by improving/fixing the things you listed.

Absolutely, and I hope they achieve that. However, I had a purpose in mind by specifically quoting those six words ("long term success of virtual reality"). In other words, without addressing some or all of the things I list there will be no future. Let's hope their commitment involves some of the bullet points. I am still of the mindset that a killer app is very much needed. Whatever that happens to be, who knows, but it must happen if they want explosive growth and cultural adoption on the level of an iPhone, CD-ROM, and mouse. Only when VR becomes an appliance will it achieve much.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
27. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2017, 21:40 Kxmode

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 14:18:
Molten Core 500.

Molten Core 40 Wink

News Comments > ZeniMax Wins $500M in Oculus Lawsuit
37. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2017, 18:07 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 12:49:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 00:19:
rant SNIP rant
VR will change the world. If you think it is just "a fad" like 3DTV was, you are incorrect. Applications like crossover AR/VR are just beginning to scratch the surface.
VR gaming kicks ass and is here to stay.

Two points.

1. According to Merriam-Webster, they define fad as "something that is very popular for a short time." Note the definition includes the words "very popular." 3DTV was never a fad because it never became very popular. Examples of legitimate fads include:

> Gangnam Style
> Tickle Me Elmo
> Pokťmon Go
> Hula-hoop
> Cabbage Patch Kids
> Pet Rock
> Rubik's Cube
> Hacky sack
> Lava lamps
> Mood rings
> and so forth

Today's VR has not reached very popular status no matter your perspective on it. It is still a niche product for people with the money who can afford the technology and the required computer hardware. VR cannot be classified as a fad. If you disagree, reach out to the Merriam-Webster folks and explain why you believe "very popular" isn't the correct words to use.

2. The lifespan of a fad is driven entirely by interest. There's no rhyme or reason for why something is very popular one month and then forgotten the next. Contrast that with the detailed and specific points I made in my initial comment. They are based on very real analytical breakdowns of why VR will eventually fold if action is not taken.

While I appreciate your points and do hope VR changes the world, I would ask that you try and comprehend my comments before responding. Calling my post nothing more than a "rant about a fad" is disingenuous to my intended meaning.

12331 Comments. 617 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo