Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12651 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. combo-breach today Mar 20, 2017, 20:41 Kxmode

Got a notification from an identity monitoring service about a combo breach today:

We detected your identity on one of the following: Deep Web, Dark Web, or File Sharing Networks.

Description: In March 2017, a combo breach having exposed 2,421,472 records from Origin, Steam and PSN. The data in the breach contains emails and passwords. This doesn't mean that the company suffered any breach this information could be collected from Malwares.
Potential Type: breach
Potentially Impacted Website: combo breach
Where Found: deepweb
Password: Exposed Online

I've highlight the above because I haven't seen any news from EA, Valve, or Sony. Guys, change your passwords ASAP. Doing my civic gaming duty.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
73. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 19:27 Kxmode

@Agent-Zero - For the umpteenth time my concern was with BioWare's apathetic response or their unwillingness to distance themselves from Manveer's tweets; not Manveer's tweets themselves. He can tweet whatever he wants until he's red in the face. I don't care.

Whether BioWare agrees or disagrees with his tweets is unknown because they remained silent on the matter (and still do today). It doesn't matter to me. All that matters is Manveer no longer works there. Basically, in all good conscience, I couldn't buy games from a company with such an individual on their payroll.

Please learn the difference. Your comment is part of the comprehension problem I was referring to.

Anyhow, back to our regularly scheduled program.

70. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 17:07 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 16:47:
Can you please split this discussion up into seasons? And maybe some commercial breaks to take a leak or order a pizza would be great. Just sayin'...

I think this was the thread equivalent of War and Peace. Wacko

65. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 16:51 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 16:32:
some of his comments were actually bad.

How many does it take before it becomes wrong? A dozen, fifty, hundred? How many tweets does it take? All of it is bad. Quantity is irrelevant. BioWare should've distanced themselves from his viewpoints the day the first one appeared; that they didn't very much concerns me. That was the gist of my point.

Anyhow, apologies for dragging this out. Like I said in past comments it's irrelevant now as BioWare no longer employs Manveer.

El Pit, see this comment.

62. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 16:30 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 16:03:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 15:50:
Your response tells me more about your basic understanding of the situation. I'm glad Manveer Heir no longer works at BioWare. Whether he quit or fired doesn't matter to me. His hatred will cease to be a stain upon the company.

Quit complaining that everyone else is failing to understand. You took the most offensive interpretations of any ambiguity you could and proceeded to make objectively incorrect conclusions from that. Someone being angry about racism perpetrated by white people does not make white people victims of racism.

One of the tweets you object to is "The entire discussion of race in America centers around the protection of White feelings." Do you not see the irony?

I'm not complaining. I am setting the record straight. Again, this goes back to my points about basic comprehension. Not all, but many of you see whatever you want to see, or whatever your brain interprets. You're not getting the sense of what I'm referring to, and the following is likely is the cause:

"Someone being angry about racism perpetrated by white people does not make white people victims of racism." That right there pretty much sums up the core reason for many of your responses. This is, unfortunately, the conditioning of many today. See, I don't see it that way. Racism against any race is racism, period, and ALL of it is bad. However, Manveer is free to do it all day long on his Twitter feed. I don't care. My problem (or rather my complaint) is with BioWare's apathetic response to his shenanigans. I am (or rather was, now that Manveer is no longer employed) concerned with BioWare's supporting such viewpoints when they did not distance themselves from it either by providing a disclaimer or forcing Manveer to tell people the views he expresses are his own. Professionalism in the business world is crucial and not showing or supporting openly racist viewpoints is imperative. What I see is the abandonment of ethics, morality, and conscience because of the desire to play this game. The bottom line is anyone willing to abandon such basic norms ultimately dooms themselves.

Perhaps, this is the trend society is rapidly moving towards where it is okay for businesses to support hypocritical racism. I'll never be able to adjust to it.

But if this is the consensus of BlueNews then I won't bring it up. I will silently dissent by not purchasing.

58. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 16:05 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 15:59:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 15:50:
bunch of silly stuff

I know exactly why you hone in on these silly things consistently on here, your explanations are wasted on me. Good luck finding a new mission

The problem is that there's no indication of what's possible for you to scan and what isn't. So you wind up having to walk around with that scanner up and see if something pops up, which is UUUGGHHH.

No lessons learned from the annoying pinging in previous games apparently. Also you need to craft to fully optimize your character according to several reviews so I wouldn't expect to miss out on that "fun" just yet.

If you can't bring yourself to comment me correctly then don't bother replying.

53. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 15:50 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 13:54:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 11:57:
Nothing to do with the game?

Yeah that's I said, it has no real bearing on the game. Just more of your twaddle. I don't really give a fuck what some idiot at Bioware says on Twitter in his free time, it has nothing to do with how good or bad Andromeda is. You can keep stretching and pretending like it matters though, oh my god he deprived me of making an albino in the character creator! I won't stand for this nonsense *stomps feet*

You're right. I don't care what some idiot at Bioware says on Twitter in his free time. He can be racist all day long there. That's not the issue. The problem (and please note this) is BioWare (and by extension EA) not distancing themselves from this idiot's racist commentary.

There's a reason businesses frequently have disclaimers like, "the views and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of our business." Google "the views expressed are not" and you'll get ~53 million results. Newspapers routinely put similar disclaimers in Op-Ed pieces because it makes good business sense to do it. If you don't think it matters, remember this: people in senior level positions are held responsible for what they say in and out of the office, and are routinely fired for spouting offensive drivel.

Your response tells me more about your basic understanding of the situation. I'm glad Manveer Heir no longer works at BioWare. Whether he quit or fired doesn't matter to me. His hatred will cease to be a stain upon the company.

50. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 15:19 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 12:40:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 11:37:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 11:22:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 11:06:
Looks like Manveer Heir - BioWare's resident racist - has left the studio to form his studio to do "amazing things." I guess that means he's going to focus on making games that not only push the SJW agenda but continues its openly racist themes. Pretty sure they won't sell. There's no market for that demographic.

I know I've been ultra busy with work and family but what the Hell is this all about?

Related to this and this. Also, Google "Manveer Heir." Literally, that's all you need to google to see more.

OK...so the guy is nuttier than squirrel shit.

Which is fine because he quit/fired-from BioWare. I'll take that.

24. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 12:18 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 12:12:
Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 11:46:
I know I've been ultra busy with work and family but what the Hell is this all about?

It's another one of Kxmodes insane crusades and has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the game. You can safely ignore it.
Nailed it.

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

22. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 11:57 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 11:46:

It's another one of Kxmodes insane crusades and has nothing to do with the game. You can safely ignore it.

Nothing to do with the game?

"Things continually escalated as the release of Mass Effect: Andromeda drew near, with the 10-hour free trial and the revelation of the game’s poor quality and the fact that fair-skinned whites couldn’t made in the character creator also made people quite angry. The lead game designer, Ian Soon Frazier, commented on Twitter that they would investigate possibly patching in the ability to make fair-skinned whites and light-skinned Asians in Mass Effect: Andromeda, leading many people to believe that Manveer Heir may have had something to do with it." source.

Not every complaint can be dismissed as "crusader" nonsense. It was about an individual in a senior position at one of the largest studios under one of the largest publishers repeatedly making crude, insensitive and racist remarks about Caucasians. However, my specific complaint wasn't about Manveer but more about BioWare's continual apathy. Anyhow, it's not important now. Manveer Heir left or more likely was fired from BioWare. Good. Glad he's gone. Businesses don't need racism against any group of people.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2017, 12:21.

19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 11:37 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 11:22:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 11:06:
Looks like Manveer Heir - BioWare's resident racist - has left the studio to form his studio to do "amazing things." I guess that means he's going to focus on making games that not only push the SJW agenda but continues its openly racist themes. Pretty sure they won't sell. There's no market for that demographic.

Related to this and this. Also, Google "Manveer Heir." Literally, that's all you need to google to see more.

News Comments > etc.
26. Re: On Sale Mar 20, 2017, 11:29 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 05:33:
Dude, you know I love you, but when every single person in a thread comes to the same conclusion about something you have posted, you seriously need to revisit what you said and try and see if it matches up with what your thoughts were, cuz there's some serious miscommunication going on.

The majority viewpoint isn't always correct. In no uncertain terms, I've expressed my point of view on the matter, and I firmly believe racism of any kind has NO place in the business world. However, it matters not. Manveer has stated he "left" BioWare to form his studio to do "amazing things." Good riddance. Hope he becomes a pariah in the industry. They don't need hatred; they need the best talent to produce amazing games that continue to be profitable.

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 20, 2017, 11:22 Kxmode

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 12:30:
This speech from the 1993 film production of The Killer Angels, Gettysburg, seemed apropos to the conversation. To sum it up, no two people will ever be truly equal, but what matters is that we judge a person, not a group, and do all we can to treat each other justly and fairly.

Precisely. I would as vexed if BioWare had a senior person that was spouting racist viewpoints against any race. I don't buy products from companies that are supportive of such hateful rhetoric. Racism has no place in society, even more so in business.

16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 11:06 Kxmode

"I guess this is a good time to mention I left a month ago, as soon as we finished, & have started an indie studio doing amazing things" 1:46 PM - 18 Mar 2017

He didn't leave; he was fired for producing a flop (BioWare and EA knew it). I'm still waiting for BioWare or EA to issue an apology about his expressed views, but being fired for creating a dump is fine by me. Let's hope BioWare brings on someone who is a stellar designer and doesn't come with the racist/SJW baggage. I hope Manveer never gets a job at another AAA-studio again and he becomes a pariah in the industry.

14. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 10:46 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 10:09:
descender wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 09:56:
Well, since there is literally no one here doing that... what are you talking about? People are so bizarrely tribal about shit like this... I just don't get it.

Did you actually read all of those reviews or do you just assume that they all agree with your preconceived notions about the game based on one shit RPS article? They certainly aren't all doom and gloom... I've no dog in this fight, I was never going to buy this game after ME3 no matter what they did... but the demo was far less of a tragic experience than most of the early reviews would have you believe.

It's no worse than ME2 or ME3 in any way I can see... but it's certainly no better either. Don't let the armchair novelists fool you, the writing was never particularly good in this series... it was always quite terrible.

Boils down to the same thing in most reviews.

Character customization is good (build wise).
Worlds are good.
Combat is good.
Story is decent/good at points.
Quite a few sidequests and things to do.
Multiplayer seems to be solid.

Writing is meh.
Facial animations are bad. And when a characters face takes up over 75% of the screen and looks like you just spoke to them in some sort of forgotten unspoken language they just stare at you it's annoying as fuck.
Writing is cringeworthy at times but more meh
Can't customize your team.
Can't change weapons unless you're special locations, EVEN if you just picked up a weapon.
Crafting is horribly over complicated.
Way to many transition scene's that can't be skipped.
Way too many lifeless MMO style fetch quests.
Sounds playing over each other, especially when people are talking and a log is playing etc.

Did I miss anything?

Openly racist senior gameplay designer and BioWare's apparently apathetic response.

News Comments > Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan
52. Re: Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan Mar 20, 2017, 10:37 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 05:22:
SO is it official now? Is Starcitizen now considered to be in development hell?

I think it's safe to say they've been in dev hell since November 2014. They hadn't reached a releasable product phase, and there's no indication of when they would actually reach it. Chris is incapable of reigning in his ridiculous vision and working within a realistic scope. It also didn't help that Chris continually kept throwing out release dates or quarters with nothing to show for it. The project is basically on money support, but once that dwindles, it'll fold. I honestly hope that doesn't happen because Star Citizen has potential, but the path forward doesn't look bright.

12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 10:32 Kxmode

IGN 7.7. Giggle  

51. Re: Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan Mar 20, 2017, 10:31 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 04:14:
mass effect andromeda getting slaughtered in press reviews... fucking gamespot gave it a 6... LOL

You know it's bad when IGN of all gaming sites gives it a 7.7. Giggle

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: On Sale Mar 19, 2017, 23:04 Kxmode

Everyone's inner libertarian? Open world games appeal to my desire to explore. Exploration is apolitical.

42. Re: On Sale Mar 19, 2017, 22:56 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 22:37:
SlimRam wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 17:42:
Echo Red Park wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 16:54:
Gee, I hope this doesn't push back the game's release date.

LOL, what the hell am I talking about?! Like this game will ever get finished...
They had an office collator, named Milton Waddams, that reportedly lost his stapler, and it set release date back several months.

Well, the actual problem was that they're a paperless office. Took months to rectify the lost stapler with the lack of paper. After that, Milton was giving a place on the testing team.

There was also the problem of several key people dying because apparently, Milton spiked the guacamole with strychnine.

12651 Comments. 633 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo