Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14292 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2018, 22:13 Kxmode

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 20:05:
That's good timing. I still have just the base game and I've almost finished with the Molag Bal confrontation so I guess I'll be venturing into Morrowind over the next few days.

I too have enjoyed ESO. Each map feels like a mini Elder Scrolls game. Currently stomping around in Alik'r Dessert.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2018, 19:42 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 19:20:
That's a sweet tablet.

I've never encountered that problem before. Sucks.

I ordered a roof rack from Amazon with 2 day shipping a few weeks ago. The next day, Amazon informed me that the order was delayed. I needed for the weekend, and it was supposed to arrive on Thursday. I was ready to complain, but got busy. I got home from work on Thursday, and there's the package leaning on my door.

Glad that worked out for you. Well here's to hoping that happens for me.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations
21. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 7, 2018, 19:24 Kxmode

SirKnight wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 17:17:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 17:10:
Let's face it guys, there's only so many ways that you can say a game sucks before words start to overlap.

Except Dead Cells doesn't suck. 92% on metacritic and Very Positive on Steam.

That's some high-quality exfoliated Dead Cells!

20. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 7, 2018, 19:15 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 15:52:
Beamer wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 14:31:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 14:28:
we’ve removed it for the time being and are investigating.

You've "removed" it. If proven right, I would except IGN to compensate this person or the group for the days it appeared on IGN and the ad revenue it generated.

On one hand, it would be great if they did.
On the other, it was up for less than 24 hours. I think less than 12.
Every penny of it should obviously go to Boomstick Gaming.

Absolutely. Plagiarism for non-commercial is one thing (college paper for grade, non-profit study report, etc.). An entirely different situation on a commercial site which makes money for producing original content and taking ad revenue.

As an aside, there was a fantastic movie called Shattered Glass about the rise and fall of New Republic magazine star Stephen Glass. Not for plagiarism but for authoring dozens of fake articles. How it unraveled is riveting. The movie has a terrific cast and excellent performances from all the cast and most especially from Hayden Christensen, Peter Sarsgaard, and Steve Zahn. If you've not seen it, it's a great watch.

Here's one of my favorite lines between reporter Caitlin and publisher Chunk Lane.

Caitlin Avey: That's what this is. Of course. I mean, what are you going to do, Chuck? Pick us off, one by one? Everybody that was loyal to Mike, till you have a staff that belongs to you? Is that the kind of magazine you want to run?

Chuck Lane: Caitlin, when this thing blows, there isn't going to be a magazine anymore! If you want to make this about Mike, make it about Mike. I don't give a shit. You can resent me, you can hate me, but come Monday morning, we're all going to have to answer for what we let happen here. We're all going to have an apology to make! Jesus Christ! Don't you have any idea how much shit we're about to eat? Every competitor we ever took a shot at, they're going to pounce. And they should. Because we blew it, Caitlin. He handed us fiction after fiction and we printed them all as fact. Just because... we found him "entertaining." It's indefensible. Don't you know that?

Boom! microphone drops.

9. Amazon Prime Delivery Could Be A Lie Aug 7, 2018, 18:54 Kxmode

I have a story to share that occurred today with an Amazon purchase.

It began around 5 AM. I placed an order for a high-end Android tablet and companion keyboard. Together, both came to around $600. My first order had an error with the wrong shipping option (my fault). AFAIK Amazon does not provide a way to change the shipping. So to fix this mistake, I canceled the order and placed a second order for the same items with the right shipping.

Within an hour, Amazon's "AI" flagged the order as fraud and canceled the order, locked my account, and proceeded to wipe the shipping and billing information. An hour later, the AI unlocked the account. I continued, for a third time, to place the order for the same items. However, after two hours I saw no activity on my bank's website. So I called up Amazon to inquire what the issue is, and they told me because my order reached a certain threshold (in this case $500) that my order would go through a verification process that could take up to 12 hours (or business-wise, a day and a half).

I chose Amazon Prime guaranteed 2-day delivery. Nowhere on the product pages, in the cart, or during checkout did Amazon ever state that my order would need delaying verification or that it would be at risk of confirmation. I asked the Amazon rep if this would impact the promises 2-day delivery. The answer they gave was somewhat cryptic for it sounded like a no but felt like a definite yes.

Amazon is dishonest here when they advertise free 2-day shipping as an essential feature of Prime membership and an enticement to purchase but then cannot honor it. In a way, they're committing fraud twice: once for the Prime membership fees, and then for the purchase itself.

The maddening thing about this whole affair is that I had initially started my shopping at NewEgg whom I buy tech from often. Their RMA process is simple, and their verification system is hassle-free. Confirming a recent $2K computer order took about two hours after order placed, and all items arrived precisely on the promised day. Couriers included FedEx, UPS, OnTrac, and believe it or not the Postal Service. Most of the items came from NewEgg's warehouse while one came from a third-party seller. If a company like NewEgg worth 2.6B can do this, then it should not be difficult for a company like Amazon worth 177B.

Sadly, the ONE time I decided to stray and go with Amazon for a technology purchase has so far ended up with unexpected and sub-par performance as a Prime member.

P.S. Still waiting for Amazon to verify my order as legit. 4PM PST. Order placed at 5AM PST. 11 hours...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2018, 14:29 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 13:41:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 11:11:
Patrick Stewart made a shocking announcement that he is returning to Star Trek as Captain Picard
Blue covered it on sunday https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=192335

Oh. Humble apologies then. Still, I think it's so awesome it's worth repeating, yeah?

10. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 7, 2018, 14:28 Kxmode

we’ve removed it for the time being and are investigating.

You've "removed" it. If proven right, I would except IGN to compensate this person or the group for the days it appeared on IGN and the ad revenue it generated.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2018, 11:11 Kxmode

I AM GRINNING FROM EAR-TO-EAR! Patrick Stewart made a shocking announcement that he is returning to Star Trek as Captain Picard! Smash

I so hope we finally get closure on Q's parting words from the final episode, "All Good Things."

----

PICARD: I sincerely hope this is the last time I'll find myself here.
Q: You just don't get it, do you, Jean-Luc? The trial never ends.

[He smiles patronizingly.]

Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one, brief, moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. THAT'S the exploration that awaits you... not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

PICARD: What are you trying to tell me, Q?

Q: You'll find out. (beat)
Q: In any case, I'll be watching and if you're lucky, I'll drop by to say hello from time to time. (beat)
Q: See you out there.

----

THAT one scene has stayed with me ever since the 90's. I've always wondered what Q meant and what his words meant for Picard. "Charting the unknowable possibilities of existence." Wow! Would that not be amazing?! I do hope the story developers remember that and run with it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
34. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 7, 2018, 01:44 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 23:42:
Kxmode was way more entertaining when he was just a firm believer in Star Citizen.

I was never a firm believer in Star Citizen despite the money spent. That was disposable income buying pretty JPGs.

33. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 7, 2018, 01:42 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 23:46:
"You may see that as nontrivial, but the European Convention on Human Rights found it to be a deplorable and hostile act against a minority religious group."

I think you meant "trivial". But I also don't see him treating it that way in his response.

Whoops. Yes, "trivial." Thanks.

Point taken. Thanks for sharing.

edit: yup. I'm tired.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2018, 02:03.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2018, 01:29 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:50:
Random question here.. music lovers of bluesnews, I'm looking for a few songs with certain themes, for a music appreciation group I'm in. We have a daily theme, with 24 hours to submit songs, but today they threw a curveball at us and the topic is "Seven Deadly Sins", with one song entry per each sin. (usually 2 songs per day max are supposed to be submitted)

not trying to get biblical or anything

A footnote. The seven deadly sins isn't a biblical thing. It was fabricated by fire-and-brimstone preachers to put the "fear of hellfire" in the hearts of their congregants (and likely to get more money on the donation plate). As a thing, it doesn't appear in the Bible. The Bible treats sin as sin. In other words, the Bibles states death is the only wage paid for sin. (Romans 6:23) However, there is only ONE sin mentioned in the Bible that in a way is deadly because there's no hope of resurrection for those who engage in it. Jesus identifies what it is. "For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven." (Matthew 12:31) Several examples of people who committed this deadly sin are the scribes and Pharisees who actively sought to have the Messiah killed, Judas Iscariot when he betrayed Jesus, and Adam and Eve when they willfully disobeyed Jehovah and tainted the human race with their sin. It's a certainty they will never be resurrected. Anyhow, hope you found that informative.

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
106. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 7, 2018, 00:23 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 18:48:
It's not calling anyone anything. It's a concept, one backed by history and acknowledged by even the opponents of the concept in this thread.

Discussing "white privilege" is not an attack on an individual nor whites in general. The fact that people feel attacked when it is discussed and actually consider it racism against themselves is illustrative of the problem in the first place... and what lead to the coining of "white fragility". It's the anger and/or the "I'm being made to feel guilty" that people get when reminded of this idea. It's much of this thread.

Upon describing a situation where a black man is pulled over for speeding but then he is asked to exit the car and they search his vehicle, a white person might say, "Wow that's never happened to me for a simple speeding ticket... are you sure he wasn't doing something else wrong?" ... the other may respond, "Well, that's white privilege, you're not black, you haven't experienced being pulled over as a black man before." THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON THE WHITE PERSON OR HIS RACE ... it is simple recognition that much of our society treats minorities differently than it treats whites. It's something we're working on, it's something that has been getting better, it's something that appears in the news more often because of our progress on it. It is not 100%, it is not math, not every white person is racist, not every white person is fortunate, not ever minority is poor or a criminal or treated in a racist manner, there are areas in the United States where a national minority won't be a local minority, again it isn't math. It's simply acknowledgement that minorities in this country haven't had a fair shake (to put it very mildly) and it's something we should be working on...
And to bring it all back around, until recently, white males have been the defacto protagonist in video games, some fans and developers have been advocating (and implementing) diversity to rectify this, other fans have flipped their shit about this, some while trying to have it both ways, "I don't mind diversity, I just don't want to know it was a conscious decision on the part of the developer."

I find it humorous that in 2018, "racism" is still an issue. The Witnesses resolved racism virtually at its formation in the 1800's (and before the Witnesses, no racism existed in First-Century Christianity). Only the stupid laws - like black and white Witnesses being forced to sit on opposite sides in Kingdom Halls - was observed. A nice factoid: during major conventions, the city's government could not enforce racial separation due to crowd size, so these events were rare occasions where Witnesses could genuinely commingle as spiritual brothers and sisters. During those years, black and white Witnesses found ways around the stupid laws. For example, they would share the same bathroom, drink from the same fountains. Both races would worship together, sing together, pray together and love one another; and if needed die for one another.

There was an experience in apartheid South African of Johny and Gideon. One was the leader of a far-right movement who actively supported apartheid while the other was the chairman of a mass democratic movement for blacks. Both of these men became Witnesses, and through a study of the Bible, they learned God has NO partiality towards any race. All are equal in the eyes of God. Skin color is the variety of beauty God has given to the human race. Unfortunately, under Satanic influence, the world doesn't see skin color as variety and beauty. They see skin color as a hateful thing to fight again. It's childish.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2018, 00:34.

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
105. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 6, 2018, 23:53 Kxmode

Congrats everyone for pushing this over 100! Smash  

News Comments > Dead Cells Exfoliated
3. Re: Dead Cells Exfoliated Aug 6, 2018, 23:47 Kxmode

Coming soon: The Cucumber Face Mask expansion!

Blue, your subject lines never cease to entertain and invoke a chuckle.

29. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 23:32 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 22:44:
1. We're not Russia. The vast majority of Americans support the Constitution and the rule of law. Attempts to even mildly subvert it are met with massive protest, regardless of who is in the White House.

2. We are still an overwhelmingly Christian nation, and tolerate all kinds of wild variations on that religion,from Quakers to Mormons to Baptists to Evangelicals and beyond. The Witnesses little to worry about beyond getting bitten by a dog when the prosthelytize.

3. We can't even rein in the deadly second amendment. There is no way we are even looking at modifying the first amendment in our grandchildren's lifetimes.

4. Look, there absolutely is Religious persecution in the world, and it's bad. I get that. But you really don't need to be worried about it here, barring some major catastrophe like a meteor strike. And at that point, you'd probably have bigger things to worry about.

5. Whatever you're smoking, can you send me some?

You're right. The United States isn't Russia, but neither was Russia until after it banned the Witnesses last year. You may see that as nontrivial trivial (thanks, Sepharo), but the European Convention on Human Rights found it to be a deplorable and hostile act against a minority religious group. Russia today has become like the Soviet Union with a dictator who denies his people chartered freedoms.

For the rest of your points, they are sound and entirely in keeping with what the United States is today between the constitution and the Bill of Rights. However, the United States isn't more powerful than God's will.

The Bible states that Jehovah God is going to put into the thinking and motivation of government leaders, by means of the United Nations, the desire to turn on and destroy the most significant segments of religion. The combined action will be a worldwide campaign to eradicate ALL religions from the face of the planet.

The following clarifying parenthesis comes from my deep study of the Bible.

(Revelation 17:16,17) And the ten horns ("the governments of the world") that you saw and the wild beast ("the United Nations"), these will hate the prostitute ("the global empire of false religion") and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire ("zero recovery"). For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought ("the inception"), yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished ("retribution for thousands of years of bloodshed against God's people and the world in general").

Did you see the point? "For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought." If you ever saw the movie Inception, you know once an idea gets planted, no one will be able to protest or object to the wholesale slaughter of religious elements in the United States and elsewhere. We can conclude from verses 16 and 17 that the worldly governments will destroy the Vatican, Mosques, mega-churches, and other religious institutions within their countries. Eventually, they will turn on the Witnesses as a smaller minority religion, but the outcome will be uniquely different.

I quote the above to show you this is what the Bible states about the future as pertains to governments and religion, but fundamentally about the freedom of Religion in the United States.

You may think this is far-fetched or that it could never happen here. However, recorded history has shown that great governments of the world fell to God's will. (See Egypt and Moses, see Babylon and Medo-Persia, see Greece and Alexander the Great to name a few).

Edit: Supplemental correction in thought. Not my best night to be sure.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2018, 01:54.

27. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 23:05 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 21:06:
I am really tired of all the claims of "free speech" being squashed when a tech company or publication refuses to broadcast or publish material that is clearly fraudulent, or meant to stoke hate or violence. Though there is a constitutional right to express yourself, and the government cannot limit that speech without good cause, there is no guarantee that any internet or media outlet has to spread hate. Mr. Jones is entitled to his faulty and dangerous opinions. He is certainly free to stand on a shoebox on a crowded city intersection of his choice and shout them to the crowds. But he is not entitled to having others spread his lies for him.

Free speech is a concept that applies to agencies of government. Private sector entities like Facebook are free to ban any speech they prefer not to have on their platform. They all have Terms of Service every user must agree to in order to use the platform. Any user who finds those terms too restrictive is free to use some other platform instead. What a user is NOT free to do is what Jones and his ilk have done - agree to the platform's Terms of Service, violate them repeatedly, then complain that they are victims when they are denied access to the platform.

Great points. Thanks for sharing them.

You'll note in my original comment that I used a paragraph to separate the private sector from the public sector. While I was not implying direct causation between these two agencies, I am saying society will eventually reach a point where it likely becomes accustomed to denied freedoms, and the denial of religious liberty will probably not be met with much opposition by the masses, notwithstanding their hatred of religion.

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 22:56 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:51:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:39:
Freedom of speech is binary. It either exists, or it doesn't. The choice to post comments or say things others find offensive is why the liberty lives in the first place. It is NOT our place to police or censure individuals. Nor does this right belong to the private sector or big government. Anyone who wants to travel down that road is engaging in restrictive freedom, and it is wrong. Worse, where does this action end? If it happens to one aspect of freedom, it will be easy to restrict another.

So you have no boundaries at all? Is viewing or distributing child pornography OK with you? What about shouting "fire" in a crowded cinema? What about shouting racist abuse? How about someone tweeting their anger at white people on their personal Twitter account, should that be a firing offense?

In response to your asinine comment, here's a list of all the fallacies your five questions contain. That's a pretty epic failure on your part. Achievement unlocked, to be sure.

In logic and rhetoric, personal attacks are called ad hominems. Ad hominem is Latin for “against the man.” Instead of advancing good sound reasoning, ad hominems replace logical arguments with attack-language unrelated to the truth of the matter.

More specifically, ad hominems are a fallacy of relevance where someone rejects or criticizes another person’s view by personal characteristics, background, physical appearance, or other features irrelevant to the argument at issue.

An ad hominem is more than just an insult. It’s an insult used as if it were an argument or evidence in support of a conclusion. Verbally attacking people proves nothing about the truth or falsity of their claims.

Straw man fallacies are a cheap and easy way to make one’s position look stronger than it is. The purpose of this fallacy is to show opposing views as “non-starters,” lifeless, truthless, and wholly unreliable. By comparison, one’s position will appear better. You can imagine how straw man fallacies and ad hominems can occur together to demonize opponents and discredit their views.

False Dilemma/False Dichotomy fallacies have other names: “black-and-white fallacy,” “either-or fallacy,” “false dichotomy,” and “bifurcation fallacy.” This line of reasoning fails by limiting the options to two when there are in fact more options to choose from. Sometimes the choices are between one thing, the other thing, or both things together (they don’t exclude each other). However it may happen, the false dichotomy fallacy errs by oversimplifying the variety of possibilities. Think: mutually inclusive.

The slippery slope fallacy works by moving from a seemingly benign premise or starting point and working through many small steps to an improbable extreme.

Hasty generalizations are general statements without sufficient evidence to support them. They are broad claims too hastily made. Hence they commit some wrong assumption, stereotyping, unwarranted conclusion, overstatement, or exaggeration. (Pro-Tip: some on this site have a Black Belt in this nonsense.)

A Red Herring is a distraction from the argument type with some sentiment that seems to be relevant but isn’t on-topic. Typically, the abstraction sounds relevant but isn’t entirely on-topic. This tactic is common when someone doesn’t like the current topic and wants to detour into something more "manageable" or "safer" to address.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2018, 20:45 Kxmode

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:33:
Anyone else think of the Anderson Brothers - the two senile heavy-metal rockers from Alan Wake - while reading about those nursing home escapees?

Also, Win10's obnoxious update policy is the number one reason I'm sticking with older versions. It's my damn computer, I am the one who should to be in control of it, not Microsoft. Especially since I've been bitten by bad patches in the past, and that was back when Microsoft still had a QA department.

I've only experienced one issue with an update that reset my Start icons. Yeah, that was maddening. Besides that, updates have been stable. That said, I do not like the draconian enforcement of them especially when the Restart prompts and I'm only given an option to delay or defer restart.

edit: correction

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2018, 01:02.

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 6, 2018, 20:39 Kxmode

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:04:
I quoted a modern philosopher, you quoted a fictional character that flies around in spaceships. You also quoted an episode where he uttered that line to counter a conspiracy theorist that was attacking innocent people, whose investigation was shut down by her society to prevent the type of harm she was causing. Sounds familiar?

"She, or someone like her, will always be with us, waiting for the right climate in which to flourish; spreading fear in the name of righteousness."

That is Jones. Be like Picard, don't tolerate these people.

You dismiss the quote as mindless drivel from a fictional captain. That doesn't make the information any less relevant. It is even more relevant today in our hyper-sensitive Internet censure culture, where the power to stifle people is as comfortable as deleting their accounts across social media.

Freedom of speech is binary. It either exists, or it doesn't. The choice to post comments or say things others find offensive is why the liberty lives in the first place. It is NOT our place to police or censure individuals. Nor does this right belong to the private sector or big government. Anyone who wants to travel down that road is engaging in restrictive freedom, and it is wrong. Worse, where does this action end? If it happens to one aspect of freedom, it will be easy to restrict another.

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 20:30:
you quoted a fictional character that flies around in spaceships
Exactly what you would expect from someone who believes in Sky Wizards and Bronze Age mythology.

You really enjoy conflating things don't you Redeye? Is there anything of meaning you'd like to contribute, or are you going to engage in mindless peanut gallery antics?

Correction: removed a unfriendly name-calling insult ("Blackeye"). That was wrong of me and I humbly apologize.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2018, 01:40.

19. Re: Into the Black Aug 6, 2018, 19:57 Kxmode

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 19:45:
The paradox of intolerance applies here. Limiting the kind of hate and fabricated news that Jones peddles in order to sell bone broth has more of a positive effect on public discourse than negative.

Picard stated with critical accuracy that with the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. Those words were uttered as a wisdom and warning. The first time any person's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

In other words, the freedom of speech comes with a host of auxiliary liberties such as the freedom to listen, the freedom of thought, and the freedom to act responsibly towards to information provided. Once one freedom is restricted or denied it becomes more comfortable for the powers that be to restrict another and another.

You think this move by the technology elite is a blessing when in reality it is the death of freedom. If they can do this to one group, THEY deem as "hateful," how long before they will do it to another and another.

14292 Comments. 715 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo