Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description If you actually understand Genesis 1:1 that is the beginning of wisdom.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12368 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > For Honor Beta Concludes Today
27. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2017, 15:25 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 11:45:
More than a little, it has zero effect on gameplay and did nothing to deter millions of people from buying it (before it even released on consoles). It's a side effect of reconciling unhindered first-person movements with the third-person models, without making it look even weirder by anchoring the hand to the proper position and having the arm stretch back and forth like taffy.

Sure, indie devs could be called amateurs for not having an 8-figure budget for their art department, but take three guesses at how many fucks they give...

Have you seen Epic Battle Simulator? It's in early alpha. THOUSANDS of soldiers on a battlefield and all of them hold their weapons correctly.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2017, 15:23 Kxmode

Numinar wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 07:20:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 17:57:
rawbelly wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 17:25:
Wanted the combat to feel like Chivalry.

Why would the Chivalry developers include this screenshot on the Steam store page showing terrible hand placement? It looks bad. Like amateurish bad.

Sounds a little pedantic. Do any games get this kind of thing right? And also support 64 player online melee? I hazard to guess that most compromises would be due to having to animate and model something that works in first person and for external observers/opponents.

It's not pedantic, and no, many games get this kind of thing right. The devs can put any number of screenshots on their Steam store page. Choosing that particular one is hilarious.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 18:06 Kxmode

Is there a difference between a company like Cloud Imperium Games doing early access for Star Citizen and Funcom doing early access for Conan Exiles?  

15. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 17:59 Kxmode

inveigle88 wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 14:50:
Ubisoft = Pass

Not always, but often.

14. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 17:57 Kxmode

rawbelly wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 17:25:
Wanted the combat to feel like Chivalry.

Why would the Chivalry developers include this screenshot on the Steam store page showing terrible hand placement? It looks bad. Like amateurish bad.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 01:14 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 00:48:
Look at me everyone, I'm the center of attention! Look at me! LOOK AT ME.

Or what it does is similar to people who mention their degrees and PhDs. Primarily it's to let those accusing me of being an ignorant "Xtian" know that when I use the Bible in my messages, it comes from decades of personal study. Just like if you have decades of automotive repair I'm going to defer to your knowledge of the subject.

32. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 01:04 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 00:53:
You're a special little Christian snowflake, we get it. No one wants to do bible study with you here, leave us to discuss sports and politics in peace you're fucking boring.

This is not a bible study. I made a point using the Bible as a reference. I'm not responsible for your hatred of it. If I have to deal with political discussions in a thread called "Out of the Blue" then you will deal with the occasional religious message. If such a message causes you to foam at the mouth, I recommend 20 mg of valium or beer; whichever tickles your fancy.

30. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2017, 00:50 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 23:50:
the other side hates you and wants to kill you. just like you hate all the non-christians and want them to burn in hell forever

Unfortunately, this kind of ignorance is rampant by most and in particular among those with no understanding of Bible, and TRUE Christianity. Note: I specifically chose understanding instead of knowledge for the reason you will see in the next reply.

Hatred is NOT one of the tenets of true Christianity and Jehovah's Witnesses. It is, however, a principle tenet of most Christendom faiths by the simple fact that people put their nation's interests above their fellow human. Even though the motto is "God, Country, Corps" the fact of the matter is country always take priority. This loyalty is demonstrated by the willingness to slaughter others for their country; even when the other person is in the same religion but wears a different uniform. Jesus specifically mentioned the two greatest commandments in the Law of Moses as 1. Must love Jehovah with whole heart, mind, soul, and strength and 2. must love your neighbor as yourself. (Luke 12:29-31 quoting almost verbatim Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18) Neither of those provides room for hatred. Love cannot exist at the end of a muzzle and this rule doesn't only apply to terrorist who kill in their name of their god.

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 23:50:
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

- Gospel of Matthew, Ch. 10

Those two passages mean different things. Jesus was first warning those who would follow him (both then and now) about the hardships they would face from family members for their beliefs. Most of the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees saw Jesus and his followers as a cult against the social norm of Judaism and Jewish culture (sound familiar?). In the second part, Jesus provided instructions to his disciples in how they should conduct themselves in their house-to-house ministry and particularly when the householder receives them. Back in Jesus day, it was the custom to welcome visitors into one's house, even going as far as washing their feet. Neither has anything to do with my comments in this thread.

Please realize that if you throw scriptures at me, I understand them, much like a mathematician understands math. Don't misconstrue that as arrogance. It is merely a stated fact. I don't know things like mechanical engineering, trigonometry, and rocket science, but I do know the Bible.

26. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 23:48 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 23:30:
Christianity is stupid. Communism is good. Give up.

I don't do low IQ bumper-sticker conversations.

25. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 23:31 Kxmode

WarPig wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 18:21:
Yes, it's a gaming site but this is the OoTB section which has always been for off-topic discussions - as long as it stays civil of course.

Absolutely WarPig. I do wish that would happen. Unfortunately, the usual hateful rhetoric is the overwhelming response to anything I post with scriptures or Christian topics. The general "Xtians suck," "book of riddles," "sky wizard," "Jehovah's Witnesses are a CULT!!!," and other such nonsense that I have heard and seen countless times before. It is not about discussing the message but more about attacking the messenger. However, I do not want to get everyone up in arms when asked to stop by most. So I agreed even though I kept most of my religious comments confined to a thread called "Out of the Blue" (a very appropriate thread as you point out). I believe my last words were "I'll hold back, especially on Out of the Blue." My comment on this thread had no Bible verses quoted or shared Christian beliefs. It was merely a keen observation of the hypocrisy of telling someone not to talk religion in an off topic thread, and yet political discussions continue unabated. It is suppression of freedom of speech by the will of a mob. If I have to put up with the political nonsense being very apolitical, then my religious comments should be met with an apathetic, but mature nod.

23. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 23:09 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 18:26:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 15:44:
Amazing how you all keep talking about political stuff on a video game site. It's almost as silly as a Christian talking about Bible stuff on a video game site, amirite? Wacko
CULT based religious babble from a Jehovah Witness is not cool anywhere. Jehovahís witnesses are very strongly cultic in both doctrine and behaviour, thus fitting both categories of false doctrine and mind control.

This is what I'm talking about. This is not a discussion. This is a personal attack on my faith and beliefs and has nothing to do with the bible or Christianity. That's why I was saying perhaps the best path forward is for us all not to discuss religion AND politics on a video game site. You wouldn't do it at the table during Thanksgiving (or maybe you would I don't know) I only think it would be good for everyone. So say we all?!

12. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 17:50 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:16:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:00:
Amazing how you all keep talking about political stuff on a video game site. It's almost as silly as a Christian talking about Bible stuff on a video game site, amirite? Wacko

Meh, those Christian conversations tended to be pretty one-sided...

Even more so with Muslims. It's hard to argue with them, particularly with your head cut off.

That is not a discussion; that's forced proselytization and it has absolutely nothing to do with my faith and beliefs. However, you go ahead and keep painting all religions with that broad brush of ignorance. I tend to stay away from topics I do not understand (like mechanical engineering). I think it would be good for you to do the same.

News Comments > E3 Opens to Public
19. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 17:34 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 09:15:
rawbelly wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 23:03:
I would however line up to meet God .
You are already lined up, you know. Everybody is

I beg to differ.

11. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 17:22 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:00:

Meh, those Christian conversations tended to be pretty one-sided...

Studying the Bible kind of gives someone the ability to do that, just like discussing math with a mathematician gives them the ability to handle the subject well. Also, I wouldn't call it a conversation if it tends to descend into personal attacks. I don't mind discussing the Bible and Christianity with people but when it turns hostile then I'm good. Anyhow, the point of my cheeky comment is to say most of you have "kindly" asked me not to discussion the Bible, Religion, or Christianity on this site because it's about video games (a worthy point). So in kind, I would ask you all not to discuss politics because, again, this site is about video games. That seems fair to me.

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise
16. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:50 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 05:00:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 04:52:
I get why they picked the Enterprise. However I personally would have liked to see the Defiant; it's a tough little ship.

LITTLE?!

Perhaps today is a good day to die. PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew in May; Will Include Original Enterprise
15. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:49 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 22:12:
EDIT: Ah, cool, it says you can play as just a solo captain.

How can that be? Solo was the captain of the Millennium Falcon!

4. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:44 Kxmode

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
32. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 15:35 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 13:58:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:44:
It sounds like your assessment comes from personal experience and less from how they manage their products in the market. As far as I'm concerned as long as companies I've invested in as a shareholder are making profits legally and have some corporate governance and (or) responsibility then they're fine by me. Still, I think laying off staff after having a record quarter is uncool.

That's an exceedingly immoral position for someone who fancies himself an Xtian. Or are you once of those Trump phony Xtians who equates money and power with god. Yeah, who would Jesus fuck over for a buck? It would be comical if wasn't so sad that most atheists and agnostics are far, far more moral than most religious types who claim to be.

In indifference to your comment, I will simply tell you that I am living like no one else now so that I can live like no one else later. I will let you try and figure out what that means since you "know" me so well.

Beamer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 13:02:
He has one share.

You're right. I have one share of ATVI. However, indirectly via several funds, I mutually benefit from $728 million worth of shares, or roughly 19.5 million. In other words, the couple bucks I made on that one share pales in comparison with what I made elsewhere.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2017, 15:45.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
15. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 04:01 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:58:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 00:44:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 23:03:
Yeah but GabeN is just indifferent whereas Nodick is outright evil.

It sounds like your assessment comes from personal experience and less from how they manage their products in the market. As far as I'm concerned as long as companies I've invested in as a shareholder are making profits legally and have some corporate governance and (or) responsibility then they're fine by me. Still, I think laying off staff after having a record quarter is uncool.

it sounds like your assessment comes from wanting everyone to know you are a shareholder and (or) a big deal. still, i think the post where you already mentioned that fact was more than enough

Did I ruffle your feathers? Confused

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 00:50 Kxmode

Holy macaroni! ATVI (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) jumped up $7.50 per share today! That one share I bought at $45 is now worth $47.23 Dance

Swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck!

The fund with nVidia increased $0.90 per NAV share. Nice!

12368 Comments. 619 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo