Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11745 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2016, 13:59 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 13:41:
Is there anybody who cares about a lack of McGuffin or story line? That's certainly not what I mean by an apparent lack of content or things to do.

I'm pretty sure the plot is to get to the center of the universe. How you get there is your story.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fireforge Games Bankruptcy
4. Re: Fireforge Games Bankruptcy Aug 1, 2016, 13:55 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 13:38:
Just so we're clear here, define for me 'Social Media Platform'...because I'm at a loss...

I'd imagine it would be something like Flare3D; the engine Zynga used for Farmville. It would have full social media integration built into the engine.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled
8. Re: Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled Aug 1, 2016, 13:47 Kxmode

Really wish game developers would stop making fluff sites like http://git.frontwirestudios.com/ until they have an actual game.

"Galaxy in Turmoil is packed full of features you want in a futuristic exploration game. A fully immersive single player campaign, massive 64 player multiplayer battles, ground to space combat and more." Blah blah blah. You don't have a game. Your features are meaningless.

SOE/Daybreak did this same crap for "EQ Next" until Next was canceled and EQ Landmark was renamed Landmark.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2016, 13:16 Kxmode

I wonder if this is the reason why so many want NMS to fail.

+ Indie title that suspiciously sounds like other ambitious (and failed/shallow) procedurally generated games such as Spore, Godus, etc.
+ Very little demonstration of the gameplay for the first 2 years of hype; no commentary about the end game until recently.
+ Excessive fawning by the gaming media 'elite' (e.g. usual supsects Kotaku, Polygon, Destroid, etc)
+ Priced as an AAA game for an unknown/untested studio
+ No mods

Does that sound right?

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2016, 13:06 Kxmode

saluk wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 19:49:
I think NMS will probably be the fractal explorer with the most longevity so far. I'm also certain it will be the best selling fractal explorer of all time.

Pretty sure NMS is Oregon Trail with extensive exploration, and we know what a massive failure Oregon Trail has been since launch. How many millions have died from dysentery playing it?!

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
60. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Aug 1, 2016, 12:46 Kxmode

nin wrote on Jul 31, 2016, 13:10:
Creston wrote on Jul 30, 2016, 19:17:
Tachikoma wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 14:49:
If they managed to get the trade, fighting etc on at least "okay" level, then this game will be a modern classic, well above all your Witchers, GTAs and suchlike.

Ahhahahahahaha! Wow! Now you know why I use the ignore link.

There's an ignore link?

57. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 30, 2016, 00:47 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 12:54:
What were people expecting here, Mass Effect?

For me, the Fight, Trade, and Survive aspects of NMS feel like Oregon Trail. That sounds like an odd comparison, but if you think about it, I believe that it makes sense. The goal is to get to Oregon center of the universe. The only thing NMS has that OT doesn't is Exploration; which is what I want the most. I guess what I'm saying is if I die of dysentery on the journey, toxic radiation will likely be the cause.

56. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 30, 2016, 00:30 Kxmode

I wanted to take these two separately.

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 03:48:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 02:31:
This game is the one that I've waited my whole life to play, but could only play in bits and pieces in other games.

Aren't you the guy who got scammed into thinking Star Citizen was that game? You managed to get your money back, a shitload if I remember correctly, but didn't that kind of make an impression on you? I know this one is only 60$ but wouldnt you rather wait for release and some word-of-mouth, reviews, gameplay videos etc?

Getting my money back was a great relief. The impression made on me was never to trust Crowdfunding and Early Access. These are not the same as preordering. I watched dozens of videos and read plenty of articles on NMS. I loved everything about NMS; I even like the music. I liked the game even before I found it would have NPCs and markers would appear for planetary locations of interest. I didn't know anything about the crafting mechanic or learning an alien language to trade with the races until much later. In other words, as more information and videos came out revealing more about NMS I liked it more. To answer you last question, I had already decided I would buy NMS. The preorder only happened because I wanted a better starter ship; a far cry from the virtual fleet of "starter" ships people have in Star Citizen.

In general, if I preorder, I always do my homework first just like before buying stocks I always investigate the company selling it. As a result, the preorders I have made in the past have, for the most part, been fun games. When Star Citizen was announced and pitched there was virtually nothing for the game other a tech video (that Chris had spent a million to make, that was scrapped when they went into production), some concept art, and Chris Roberts reputation from his Origin days; of which I still enjoy those games of his today.

The point is he pitched Star Citizen as a particular type of game that years later turned out to be a complete lie. He lied about how much he could make it for. He lied about the delivery timeline. He even lied about the game's scope. Those three make up 99% of the entire dev cycle. That's the most wrong a game developer could ever do to a gamer, and a financial benefactor. He lied to the point where he destroyed my trust in crowdfunding and early access. His lies aren't secret. They are fully documented online and I pointed to them in my refund request to CIG. In retrospect I think it would have been better for VCs to fund the game so that way they would have held Chris' feet to the fire and forced him to cut features that will impractical and out of scope with his original 20 million dollar vision.

However, I don't hate Chris Roberts personally. I only don't trust him and his "promises."

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 09:13:
It's called impulse control, he has none. Pre-purchases were designed for the "I have waited my whole life" crowd.

Absolute obtuse rubbish. I preordered because I wanted the Horizon Omega ship for the upgraded hyperdrive and increased firepower. I was going to buy NMS long before the release date was released.

Let's talk about impulse control. Impulse control is paying off all my credit card debt, saving up four months worth of living expenses, and working on paying off my mortgage early. Impulse control is not buying a Rift or a Vive because it's the latest hotness and coworkers are pressuring me to join the Church of VR. Impulse control is deciding to eat healthy instead of gorging down fast food.

Don't judge me before you know the facts otherwise, you sound like a fool.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2016, 00:36.

News Comments > PC Disney Infinity to Cease Working
7. Re: PC Disney Infinity to Cease Working Jul 29, 2016, 23:28 Kxmode

I guess kids will no longer be able to play Street Fighter Dory.  

30. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 03:42 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 03:14:
VaranDragon wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 02:20:
So basically the huge galaxy has three hazards, radiation, toxic atmospheres and drones/dangerous animals. Im blown away by the variety.

I'm sorry, which games do you play and what are the hazards? This kind of reductiveness can be applied to any game:

Battlefield (the hazards are only bullets!)
Skyrim (the hazards are only men or monsters!)
Elite (the hazards are only other spaceships!)

Xbox Live (the hazards are 13 year olds)

29. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 03:31 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 03:10:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 28, 2016, 02:31:
I don't know what this game will be like but everything I've seen has me excited. This game is the one that I've waited my whole life to play, but could only play in bits and pieces in other games.

If you preorder on Steam and live on the west coast, NMS will be available for play at 9 pm the day before release. Steam releases happen at midnight, east coast time. Hawaiians will get to play it at 7 pm on 8/8.

So I need to fly to Hawaii so I can play it earlier than everyone else?

Yup. I won't judge.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 28, 2016, 03:24 Kxmode

"The Adventure Pals - A Story of Love, Giraffes & Hot Dogs by Massive Monster." Without going to KS page, I imagine a bunch of 20 somethings met at Starbucks one morning and had a 30-minute rant about having to get real jobs after graduating and working for the Man. So, in their "brilliance" they said, "Let's make a game, and get it funded on Kickstarter."

Crowdfunding. Please let this funding model die. It's starting to produce games with titles like that the above.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 SagaóLiving World Season 3 Begins
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 SagaóLiving World Season 3 Begins Jul 28, 2016, 03:14 Kxmode

Fion wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 13:27:
Episode comes with a pretty massive new zone, though it's mostly open with fragments of former landscape in a beautifully surreal way.

Absolutely. Dimensionally the zone has massive verticality. If you have all your gliding masteries unlocked it's about as close to flying as you'll get in GW2.

25. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 02:39 Kxmode

ShadyPete wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 23:50:
or you could just play this..

https://nothke.itch.io/normans-sky

Such immersion, much fidelity! It's a nice.

24. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 02:31 Kxmode

I don't know what this game will be like but everything I've seen has me excited. This game is the one that I've waited my whole life to play, but could only play in bits and pieces in other games.

If you preorder on Steam and live on the west coast, NMS will be available for play at 9 pm the day before release. Steam releases happen at midnight, east coast time. Hawaiians will get to play it at 7 pm on 8/8.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2016, 02:40.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 26, 2016, 21:53 Kxmode

Guild Wars 2 Season 3 starts today  

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
38. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 12:25 Kxmode

What would Mr. Sweeney like us to do? He gives us a doom and gloom prediction but never bothers to tell us anything about how or what we can do about it.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 26, 2016, 11:54 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 12:34:
Naw, they're not using Superformula they're using Superduperformula

Psst... Superduperformula is child's play. They're using Superduperpooperformula!

News Comments > Spicy Horse Studios Closing
18. Re: Spicy Horse Studios Closing Jul 25, 2016, 17:12 Kxmode

Grokk wrote on Jul 24, 2016, 21:06:
What sort of greedy cunt details how they're going to sail around in a giant fucking yacht, then posts a patreon link for people to pay him to do so.

The same type of person who asks people to spend $350 on a JPG, and then keeps asking them to fork over more money for more JPGs.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 00:01 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 23:56:

Supreme court already stated that you cannot patent mathematical equations. Hence they have nothing to worry about!

Good thing they didn't patent an equation, they patented the application of an equation in rendering 2D/3D images and animations.

How can a company not patent a mathematical formula but they can patent the application of a mathematical formula? That doesn't make sense. Either a math formula is completely patent free or the Supreme Court ruling is meaningless.

Also, does the U.S. Supreme Court's decision have jurisdiction beyond the United States? Hello Games is located in UK and Genicap is located in Nederlands. I'd imagine a matter like this would come before the European Court of Justice; their Supreme Court.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2016, 00:06.

11745 Comments. 588 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo