Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13400 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:38 Kxmode

yonder wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 23:17:
EA's business model is all about the 18 month cycle. There's literally a sucker born every minute, so who cares how many people learn how crappy you are, all that matters is naive people giving them money because they ignore the press and experienced friends.

All correct except word of mouth can cause way more damage than EA's ability to reel in "new suckers." Bad PR can spread like wildfire to the point where even "new suckers" decide not to buy EA products. You need to look no further than this story to see the effects of severely negative PR.

Fundamentally EA's business model is flawed. It's predicated on one goal: maximize shareholder value. As long as that exists, they will always place profit above quality. The only way EA can take back their business is to become a private company.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:29 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 22:53:
Don't fall for it... Temporarily suspending in-game purchases doesn't mean jack shit, wait and see if they actually change what those purchases are.

Overon wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 22:54:
They will wait for the heat to die down and all the people who have cancelled their preorders to buy and then when they give them a taste of the game they will turn that shit back on, slowly but surely. Don't fall for it.

This is what eroded trust looks like and is the bottom rungs of any business. When people get to this level of angry, EA has lost far more than they would have gained with microtransactions. They should've focused on a really fun game and let the game sell itself. I'm pretty sure if EA doesn't handle their stuff Disney is going to move their Star Wars IP elsewhere.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:21 Kxmode

ItBurn wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 22:17:
That's awesome. People are learning. Not sure I thought it would ever happen: consumers understanding their power. You know EA'll double down on their BS soon.

Patient: Doc, I'm in pain!
Doctor: I see. So where does it hurt?
Patient: Everywhere!
Doctor: I see. So I'm going to recommend something really radical.
Patient: I'll do anything.
Doctor: Stop hitting yourself.

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:18 Kxmode

Blue, is it a faux pas to have "As a result" back to back?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 13:53 Kxmode

Decided to pass on SWBF2. I'm not interested in multiplayer. Endless reviews all show one thing: the single-player campaign is very short. I'll wait until it's on sale or there's a cheap CD key. Hoping by the time the game is on sale I'll have an upgraded machine.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 13:45 Kxmode

Been with GW2 since the beginning. It remains the only MMO I still play today.

P.S. Griffon mount is so much fun!

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access
7. Re: Wild West Online Early Access Nov 15, 2017, 14:26 Kxmode

now officially in early access, allowing brave homesteaders the chance to be pioneers in this new MMORPG. The preorder page now offers three packages, Townie for $29.99, Pioneer for $49.99, and Collector at $79.99, but only the two more expensive ones include early access along with their extra perks.

This is all kinds of wrong. Sigh

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
8. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 11:21 Kxmode

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 11:08:
Looks like this will be another happy, cheerful EA thread.
The hate meter on the BF2 threads are rapidly closing in on the Star Citizen ones.

I'm actually looking forward to playing this Friday but I won't preorder until I see reviews. I want to see if people are able to play on specs lower than the minimum.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 14, 2017, 10:53 Kxmode

Both look promising. Not going near them with my wallet while in early access.  

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
2. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 10:49 Kxmode

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 10:26:
The uproar over this is a bit ridiculous...I mean even a shitty loot system is better than spending 70$ on a season pass where the DLCs divide the player base.

Or players assuming that they'll get an unlockable hero of their choice if they do the $80 preorder.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased
26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased Nov 14, 2017, 10:40 Kxmode

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 09:48:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 02:53:
99% of F2P MMOs for the past decade.

Give one example. One that has RNG dice roll skill progression, a 40 player cap, no connection between zones, and grouping/chat functions as limited as this game. If they're basically the same you should have dozens you can cite.

Do you understand what the word "basically" means? It definitely doesn't mean "literal" as you're implying. Please don't twist the meaning of my comment. I already answered your question in a basic manner.

20. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Nov 14, 2017, 02:53 Kxmode

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 01:06:
Which MMO's are basically the same as this but with persistence?

99% of F2P MMOs for the past decade.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
91. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 14, 2017, 00:56 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 22:11:
And as a veteran gamer (although I think everyone here is a veteran gamer) I think games should be fun, not work

I agree with that. There's a balance to know where fun becomes work and visa versa. I will say that there are things I would love to have in a game that the work to obtain has rendered all but impossible. Case in point, a GW2 legendary. I still don't own one. However, I've never felt compelled to complain to ArenaNet about the difficulty of obtaining a precursor, nor the time associated with creating one. For those that do have one, they remain scarce, and for that reason, they have high value. If Anet were to ever make them common they would lose their value. That will happen with those unlockable heroes and skills in SWBF2 multiplayer.

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased Nov 14, 2017, 00:42 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 21:34:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 20:55:
Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 20:43:
Edit: AAAAAAND then I see the post quoted below by ninemil, where there is graphical evidence that earning credits is now TIME GATED?? Possibly only in Arcade mode, but even so, fuck you, EA. Fuck you and your "SIXTY DOLLARS ISN'T ENOUGH! WE MUST BLEED YOU DRY WHEREVER WE CAN!" attitude. Fuck you to hell.

Some of you have thrown reason out the window. SWBF2 multiplayer is basically an MMO without the persistence of one. So how is this different from dailies and time-gated material in other MMO/multiplayer games?

Oh, it's just an MMO? Well, clearly, that makes it all better then.

Comprehension is a rare commodity in a polarized discussion. My exact words were "SWBF2 multiplayer is basically an MMO without the persistence of one."

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased Nov 13, 2017, 20:55 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 20:43:
Edit: AAAAAAND then I see the post quoted below by ninemil, where there is graphical evidence that earning credits is now TIME GATED?? Possibly only in Arcade mode, but even so, fuck you, EA. Fuck you and your "SIXTY DOLLARS ISN'T ENOUGH! WE MUST BLEED YOU DRY WHEREVER WE CAN!" attitude. Fuck you to hell.

Some of you have thrown reason out the window. SWBF2 multiplayer is basically an MMO without the persistence of one. So how is this different from dailies and time-gated material in other MMO/multiplayer games?

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Eased Nov 13, 2017, 20:30 Kxmode

They went from vanilla WOW difficulty to WOD difficulty in the span of a few hours. LOL.  

88. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 19:53 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 19:20:
Well good news everyone, EA / DICE have caved.

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

"Well, there it is" - Jeff Goldblum

82. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 19:13 Kxmode

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 19:05:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 18:53:
EA: "The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes." Got a quarter-million downvotes, and counting.

That sums up what I'm talking about.

Yes, exactly. A sense of pride and accomplishment...which I'm fully behind not giving people for buying the Deluxe Edition but when they offer shortcuts to get there it does come off as disingenuous.

There's a disgusting amount of cheaters in gaming these days, especially with FPS MOBAs. I think this is a symptom of society living at a time where they don't have to wait for things. It's pure laziness.

77. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 18:57 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 18:52:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 18:34:
My point is people who behave like that are "children" because they feel they are entitled to those characters merely because they paid $80 for the Deluxe Edition. To expect pricier editions come with rarer characters would immediately create an unfair advantage for basic preorders versus higher tiered preorders. That's called Pay 2 Win. EA is all kinds of things but I'm pretty sure they would never introduce P2W in preorder tiers. That's not good business.

Is there a price you can out-right buy Darth Vader? Even if it is based on loot boxes? If so, then entitlement or not, it is this person with $80 just didn't have enough. I like indy gaming.

AFAIK those heroes are pretty OP. So making them part of a higher priced preorder is P2W. I think the complaints against that would be even more vocal. Someone who spends $80 shouldn't have an advantage over someone who spends $60. But that's the gist of the complaint. The person seriously thought by dropping $80 for higher tiered preorder that that would somehow entitle them to a OP character in multiplayer without doing the work for it. I call that the Star Citizen syndrome with ship purchases. If that game ever goes live the amount of OP tomfoolery is going to be off the scale.

76. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 18:53 Kxmode

EA: "The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes." Got a quarter-million downvotes, and counting.

That sums up what I'm talking about.

13400 Comments. 670 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo