Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11399 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 26, 2016, 14:51 Kxmode

If Star Trek disappears from Netflix's catalog my subscription is gone. That's the only thing keeping me subscribed.  

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2016, 15:31 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 14:17:
A Lego Batman movie?

Please star Will Arnett, please star Will Arnett!!!

Following his scene-stealing turn in "The LEGO Movie," Will Arnett's LEGO Batman gets his own film with "The LEGO Batman Movie" and the first trailer for it arrived today.

YES!!!

"First try!" Seriously! Lego Batman got a movie.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

News Comments > Atari Vault Opened
9. Re: Atari Vault Opened Mar 25, 2016, 15:23 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 10:46:
considering the metric ton's of quarters I gave Atari during the 80's they should give me a copy.

You're not entitled to these games forever.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2016, 11:27 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 10:41:
LEGO BATMAN! YAY!

I think Will Arnett is the best Batman! Wait, no. Kevin Conroy is. Okay Will Arnett is the second best Batman!

News Comments > Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin
7. Re: Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin Mar 25, 2016, 02:08 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 00:16:
Nothing is free on Origin. That's like saying "we'll let you fuck all these gross Vietnamese hookers for free. All you gotta do is ride home with sores on your dick."

Actually yes the game is free on Origin. As to your very vivid illustration I take it this comes from experience?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 18:13 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 17:51:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 16:55:
Medal of Honor™ Pacific Assault available for free through Origin.

All the crickets in the world together couldn't form a worthy response to such a paltry announcement.

Tell me you don't think that D-Day landing in MoH was intense. It was the first game to give me an idea of what it must have been like. Also MoH had very fun multiplayer and excellent maps. Germans versus Allies! Fun times.

News Comments > More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi
20. Re: More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi Mar 24, 2016, 17:54 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 16:07:
You're correct, previous CoDs were, to me, just MoH ripoffs.

With respect, do you understand what familiarity means? One dictionary defines it as "recognizability based on long or close association."

So with that in mind your statement above is precisely what I meant by familiarity. Borrowing your point about early CODs, people bought CoD because it WAS a MoH ripoff, or that it had "recognizability based on long or close association" with MoH. At the time Word War 2 FPS games were very popular. That's why studios were creating them. Eventually Call of Duty became popular enough that it was able to clone itself and breed familiarity within the franchise itself. The only thing CoD did that was innovative was Modern Warfare. After that FPS games became more modern.

The bulk of video games produced will always be based on familiarity. Games that innovate tend to change the industry, but innovative games don't happen often. That's why No Man's Sky is going to be an innovative game.

Edit: Back to the original point. I would like to add that Ubi has had some innovative games. For example Beyond Good & Evil is an innovative title.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2016, 18:08.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 16:55 Kxmode

Medal of Honor™ Pacific Assault available for free through Origin.  

News Comments > Trendy Entertainment Files Ark Lawsuit
1. Re: Trendy Entertainment Files Ark Lawsuit Mar 24, 2016, 14:18 Kxmode

Lawsuits like this represent the true dark side of the video game industry.  

12. Re: More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi Mar 24, 2016, 14:13 Kxmode

Linksil wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 13:19:
I don't see ubisoft as not having talent... I see it as them limiting and keeping the talent to games which are considered safe. Haven't seen anything really great/new out of them in a long time. I mean I have a good time playing a lot of the games(would be better without uplay) but there's a LOT of potential that's squashed. Never go into a ubi game with much hope for innovation.

People don't want innovation, they want familiarity. Familiarity is the reason why sports game, Call of Duty, etc sell well. It's the reason why Batman, Mad Max etc have very similar combat. It's the reason why we have dozens of very similar MOBAs. It's the reason why most MMOs follow WOW's model despite the fact that people hope the next MMO will dethrone WOW. You say you want innovation, but do you truly want it? If you do, look at No Man's Sky. That's truly innovative.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2016, 12:13 Kxmode

People can't kill Gary Busey. He's been dead for 15 years. What you're seeing is his undead corpse.  

6. Re: More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi Mar 24, 2016, 12:07 Kxmode

yonder wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 12:03:
I'm curious if "independent" in this case means something similar to "indie"... which would be laughable.

Indie is short for independent but context is key. That being said I'm not exactly sure what you're implying given that the word "indie" appears no where here or in the PCGamesN's article. Where did you get indie from?

3. Re: More Ubisoft Versus Vivendi Mar 24, 2016, 10:35 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2016, 10:33:
Wouldn't a "talent exodus" require... yeah you can fill in the rest

Can we stop with this nonsense already? You may not like Ubisoft's business practices or their games but you cannot deny that the men and women behind Ubi's games are talented on an individual level.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 24, 2016, 02:24 Kxmode

Star Citizen - Esperia Vanduul Blade Q&A Part 1 - Roberts Space Industries.

Oh. Interesting.
*reading*
*reading*
*reading*
Fascinating
*reading*
*reading*
*reading*
Wow! That's amazing.
*reading*
*reading*
*reading*
$250 Add to Cart for ESPERIA VANDUUL BLADE

Star Citizen is certifiable.

News Comments > Zombasite Demo
2. Re: Zombasite Demo Mar 24, 2016, 02:19 Kxmode

Welcome to Zombocom  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 12:21 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 11:55:
Whats sad is that Lego TFA will actually have more story then the movie.

There's going to be a bunch of deleted footage including one where Kylo Ren walks on board the Millennium Falcon. I also heard the scene where Rey has the lightsaber flashbacks will include more footage.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 23, 2016, 10:56 Kxmode

People should be cautious about backing a project when the creator has the word "con" in their last name. JUST SAYING!  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta This Month
1. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta This Month Mar 23, 2016, 10:53 Kxmode

Should Orcs die first then be unchained, or be unchained while they die? So many questions!  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 10:49 Kxmode

Watch the new trailer for Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

"The other big change is the addition of voicework from the original cast — both lines from the movie as well new voicework from "key talent" like Daisy Ridley. It's not a first for the Lego series, but Lego Star Wars has long relied on silent characters pantomiming the familiar scenes."

Yeah!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 22, 2016, 22:27 Kxmode

Creator bio: "I'm a digital painter, concept artist and hardcore gamer from Florence. I look for beauty in human beings, nature and history and I try to examine it through the point of view of disciplines such as novels, games, movies, architecture and fashion. I think art hides in all things and places, so I like to travel, learning and going through new experiences to improve my work. My italian heart is my guide. I'll always try to reach the highest levels, to jump over the flagpole! I avoid..."

Well that was way too much happy talk.

11399 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo