Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14027 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2018, 23:18 Kxmode

Blizzard is sending out Beta invites now. Got one.

"You're Invited to the Battle for Azeroth Beta Test!"

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs
8. Re: IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs Jun 8, 2018, 16:12 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 14:51:
LOL @ gamer marketing: "gamers are athlete's!"

Total athletes.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

17. The Fisher King Jun 8, 2018, 14:56 Kxmode

A young boy spent the night alone in a forest to prove his courage. During the night, he received a sacred vision. Out of the fire, appears the Holy Grail - God's highest symbol of divine grace. A voice says to the boy, "You shall be the guardian of the Grail that it may heal the hearts of men." The boy was overcome by it all and further blinded by grander visions of life ahead filled with beauty and glory, hope and power.

Tears of childlike wonder and inspiration filled his eyes as he sensed his invincibility, and in this state of radical amazement he felt for a brief moment, not like a boy, but like God. He reached into the fire to take the Grail, but it vanished, and in its wake the boy's hands were caught in the flames, leaving him wounded and ashamed at what his recklessness had cost him.

When the boy became King, he was determined to reclaim his destiny and find the Grail. However, with each year that passed, with each campaign he fought, the Grail remained lost. The wound he suffered in the fire grew worse until he became a bitter man. Life for him lost it's reason. With each disappointment, with each betrayal, with each loss, his wound grew. Soon the land began to spoil from neglect and his people starved until finally, the King lost all faith in God's existence. In man's value, he lost his ability to love or be loved. He was so sick with life's experience that he started to die.

As the years went on, his bravest knights would search for the Grail so that it would heal their King and make them the most respected and valued men in the land. But to no avail. Eventually, finding the Grail became a struggle between ambitious men vying for the King's power to the degree that the King's worst suspicions of man confirmed. His only hope, he thought, was death. Then one day, a fool was brought in to cheer up the King.

The fool was a simple-minded man who was not particularly skilled or admired. He would tell the King jokes and sing him songs, but the King felt even worse. Finally, the fool asked, "What is it that hurts you so much? How can I help?" And the King replied, "I need a sip of water to cool my throat." So, the fool takes a cup from the bedstand, fills it with water and hands it to the King. Suddenly, the King feels a lot better and as he looks into his hands and sees the Holy Grail. The fool handed him an ordinary cup that had been beside his bed all along. The King asks, "How could you find what all my knights and wisest men could not find?" The fool answers, "I don't know. I only knew you were thirsty."

For the first time since he was a boy, the King felt more than a man - not because God's glory touched him but rather, by the compassion of a fool.

R.I.P. Robin Williams

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2018, 15:08.

News Comments > IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs
6. Re: IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs Jun 8, 2018, 14:04 Kxmode

Please ensure they break easily for, you know, gamer rage.  

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
37. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 23:45 Kxmode

Sacrifice wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 21:12:
I see a lot of complaints about shovelware on Steam. That may be true, but do people browse directly on Steam for new games? I just use gaming sites like Blues News to find games that I might like.

NKD wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 19:27:
Maybe you ought to rely on something other than flipping through a catalog or window shopping to find hidden gems?

Both of you appear to forget Discovery; Steam's queue of 11 curated titles based on your Likes and Dislikes. Discovery is how I browse and find new titles to Wishlist or follow. I've gone through the Discovery process enough times to notice most games I now see are asset flips. So either the Discovery algorithm isn't taking into account the hundreds, if not thousands of flip asset games that I've set as Not Interested, or I'm in an area of the Steam catalog consisting of asset flips. If the later is the case then Steam's catalog of quality titles is likely around 6-7k. The rest is garbage.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content
5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content Jun 6, 2018, 18:14 Kxmode

That title though. Cuts deep.  

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
13. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 18:11 Kxmode

So instead of cleaning up their catalog, they double-down on asset flipped trash. After navigating over 5,000 titles since 2008, I am now in asset flip trash land. 90% of it is garbage. Steam's algorithm isn't getting the hint. I don't want these titles to appear in my Discovery queue.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2018, 02:38 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 22:00:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 16:13:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 14:52:
Can't wait for Wreck it Ralph 2. Not gonna watch that trailer.

I can respect that. Worth noting, the trailer gives nothing away. It just gets you hyped for the film.

You sound pretty confident about that. Inside info?

Am I missing something? My statement is based on watching the trailer.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2018, 16:29 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 14:23:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 14:12:
Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 07:12:
You just read articles about them being the largest users of GitHub and you're still on about this?

My distrust of Microsoft stems from their PRISM involvement, not their GitHub involvement. Don't mix the two.

You're mixing the two! You're judging this based on their PRISM involvement. Do you not see your own post mixing the two together as if they're vanilla ice cream and orange sherbert?

Not to mention, you're judging them for being the first, when every major tech company was involved.

Are you serious? Okay, so since you cannot read below the surface of my posts, I will, unfortunately, spell out the meaning behind the words.

Mentioning Microsoft's involvement with GitHub and PRISM in my posts is mutually exclusive. Microsoft's choice to be the first to sign up for the PRISM program reveals a reckless disregard for the moral weight of their decision. The point of my previous posts is not to disparage what Microsoft did, but more about calling them out on their judgment and decision-making abilities. With an asset like GitHub, even if they mean well, history shows that Microsoft decides things that can and do have dire consequences. That is why I don't trust Microsoft.

I sincerely hope there is no ambiguity here. I've made the point explicitly clear.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2018, 16:13 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 14:52:
Can't wait for Wreck it Ralph 2. Not gonna watch that trailer.

I can respect that. Worth noting, the trailer gives nothing away. It just gets you hyped for the film.

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2018, 14:12 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2018, 07:12:
You just read articles about them being the largest users of GitHub and you're still on about this?

My distrust of Microsoft stems from their PRISM involvement, not their GitHub involvement. Don't mix the two.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2018, 14:04 Kxmode

Pick up Detroit Beyond Human. That first mission is intense! In experienced mode (hard difficulty), I got a 100% success rate on my first attempt.

Graphics are phenomenal in 4K.

So far it's an amazing PS4 exclusive that is worth the price.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2018, 02:06 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 22:42:
At the very least harvest user data, just like WINexploitation 10.

There are a lot of guides that show you how to disable most of the egregious stuff. The rest is trivial and useless. I'm pretty sure Microsoft sees no values in knowing my favorite pizza place to eat.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2018, 22:21 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 19:10:
That's frighting, Github is (was? ) a great site.

Yes! Not to invoke Godwin's law, but Letting Microsoft buy Github is like letting the Nazis in 1941 buy gas from your hardware store. Microsoft going to fundamentally kill open-source development in some way. I just don't trust them. They were, after all, the first tech company to sign up for the NSA's PRISM program (people seem to forget that).

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2018, 20:18 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 19:18:
Still looking for the first female Bond, Charlize Theron?

Absolutely. Stole the show in Mad Max.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2018, 19:59 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 17:44:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 14:50:

I just really want a new Bond with a different vibe at this point, more than anything.

Idris Elba!

Larry the Cable Guy? His Mater was a British spy in Cars 2.

In all seriousness, I'd picked Mark Strong. He already has history starring in espionage and spy thrillers in both protagonist and antagonist roles.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2018, 17:41 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 17:37:
Nvidia GTX 1180 release date will be "a long time from now."

No need to put off that purchase! Pick up a GTX 1080 now!!

US$ 465-630 is still too expensive for me.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2018, 17:35 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 17:12:
Which is why people shouldn't pay attention to tradition, as its based on what was known, not what is fact.

"It’s possible that, for example, Google employees neglect to add their company to their profile field, while Microsoft employees may be especially scrupulous to do so."

Anyhow, good to know. Thanks.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2018, 17:14 Kxmode

Bodolza wrote on Jun 4, 2018, 14:19:
There have been loads of female Bond villians, but Marceau has been the only female main villain.

The idea is she would be the film's main antagonist and an equal to the protagonist.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 4, 2018, 16:56 Kxmode

Microsoft's purchase of Github upset me. I don't want anything to do with MS products beyond what is required (like Windows and Visual Studio). Github is the most significant bastion for the open source community. Traditionally Microsoft has been anti-open source from the beginning.

My latest Github project https://github.com/Hydra9268/ZGESO

14027 Comments. 702 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo