Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12511 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 14:28 Kxmode

panbient wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 13:48:
Absolutely NO ONE needs an "I told you so" about Lyme Disease, especially not some bullshit religious text version of it either.

What we have needed are medical professionals willing to honestly consider Lyme Disease as an actual possibility within North Americans. It's less of an issue in the States but holy hell doctors in Canada will go to extreme lengths FOR YEARS to avoid testing people.

No - fuck you doctor it's not just fucking depression!@!!

Wow.

Just to clarify, the passage isn't about a particular disease. It was noting the state of illnesses worldwide. For many decades people believed doctors had permanently dealt with many from the past like Tuberculosis and Polio. However, they have been shocked to see many coming back stronger and more resilient to modern medicine. Some so deadly that an outbreak would likely kill most of the world's population relatively quickly.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 14:13 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 13:00:
I do love how people act like one book, written by the rich to keep the poor from raiding them, is used like some cryptic predictor.

With indifference to your ignorance, I will only point out that has to be the most asinine things I've heard someone say about the Bible (and you can conclude I've heard many). You apparently don't know the basic history of the Bible writers. You're quite literally in no position to make judgment calls on the book itself. I've read the Quran and many other religious texts. I'm not an expert on them, but I've educated myself enough to discuss them without disrespecting those who base their beliefs on them. You haven't even reached that level of knowledge with the Bible. Sad.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 13:40 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 13:00:
amen, now keep your word.

Now I know that you're reading my comment. I never stated explicitly what the subject of my comment contained. The only way to find out would be to highlight it. You need to stop reading my comments. It's clear you cannot handle them in a mature way.

By the way, "now keep your word" is another example of your inability to comprehend. My precise words were, "Going forward, I will try to keep these kinds of comments to a minimum." That doesn't imply an explicit ban on posting such comments. It only means I will severely restrict when I post such comments and will try to keep them isolated to topics for which it would be appropriate. In other words, more than likely you will only see such comments in OOTB and ITB and nowhere else.

It behooves you to learn how to grasp what you're reading otherwise you come off as sounding very ignorant. In other words, "I can't fix stupid."

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2017, 12:08 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 10:09:
Holy shit! Look at that map for how much Lyme has spread in the last 14 years. Thanks Obama/Bush! And now with the GOP completely gutting healthcare and social spending this is going to become and epidemic.

Most of this was predicted. Below and hidden for obvious reasons:

(Luke 21:7,10,11)

7 Then (Jesus disciples) questioned (Jesus), saying: "Teacher, when will these things actually be, and what will be the sign when these things are to occur?"

10 Then (Jesus) said to (his disciples): "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

What's fascinating about this prophecy isn't so much that he said there would be "pestilences" (fatal epidemic diseases) today because anyone can say "diseases have been with humanity since the beginning of time." I would agree with this conclusion. However, what Jesus was implying, and this is worth noting, is that he said pestilences would exist "in one place after another" (even prosperous countries like the U.S.). This situation would exist notwithstanding all the advances in medicine and medical science. In other words, Jesus predicted diseases would appear and spread at a rate faster than our modern medicine would be able to keep up. Many of them even baffle medical doctors as they note disease strains that are resistance to the strongest antibodies. It's not an accident; this is prophecy slowly unfolding since 1914.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2017, 10:47 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 02:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 23:18:
loomy wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 23:10:
old tvs will be like old cars. model t type shit. if you have a good one, keep it in storage for your kids

You wish, but phosphor decay is unstoppable.

Maybe so, but my mother still has my old Panasonic CRT TV that I got back in '92. She uses it daily, and it still looks fine. They last a while.

Absolutely. I had a Vectrex (1983) that still worked. The screen is a CRT.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2017, 23:24 Kxmode

I wouldn't worry about this. Timeworn cars still have a parts market. Those parts are expensive, but for a hobbyist who loves their 1940s Nash Suburban, 1919 Ford Model T Coupe, or Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder SWB money is no expense. There will be demand, and some entrepreneurial enthusiast will start a business to produce them, or tech geniuses will figure out a device to adapt the CRT signature for LCD screens.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 9 Ends This Month
3. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2017, 22:55 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 18:04:
Blues, please this is not news this is torture.

"All the carnage that's fit to post!"

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
21. Re: On Sale Mar 5, 2017, 01:34 Kxmode

Oh, yes. This game. The other failure I backed. I've been very disappointed with what the devs delivered so far. Even by 1990's standard, it's bad and amateurish.  

44. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2017, 02:14 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 00:27:
I'm thinking maybe he's constipated or something. He always seemed to be an ok guy before and now, out of nowhere he starts acting like a bored 16 year old commenting on Youtube, trying any way to start trouble. Disappointing. I hate to throw anyone on the 'Ignore' list but he may have to join Redmask if he doesn't find something else productive to do with his spare time... *shrugs*

To me, it looks like a basic comprehension problem. I've met people in the ministry who cannot understand basic things or direct their thoughts to a logical conclusion. For example, I asked a person (who believed in the Trinity), "At Habakkuk 1:12 it reads, 'Are you not from everlasting, O Jehovah? O my God, my Holy One, you do not die.' If one cannot die (Jehovah), and the other can (Jesus), wouldn't this negate or devalue the concept of the Trinity?" I kid you not, the person gave me a questioning look and then replied, "Yeah, but John 1:1 states..." At that point, I could only "sigh" internal and politely excuse myself.

43. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2017, 01:54 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 22:34:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 21:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 17:28:
I didn't force you to read my comment in this thread. The hidden text and notification implies that. If you are unable to handle my comments maturely, perhaps it would be best for you to stop reading them.
I would no sooner read your comments than I would read comments about the moon being made out of cheese or the earth being flat. I take that back, I have read a couple of posts where you mention the amount of time it took you to cut and paste your replies, it's always quite humorous.

I truly have no idea how you can take my comment (source):

"I wonder if you guys realize how much time it takes to write these posts? I know many of you criticize "copy-pasta." I agree that someone should be knowledgeable about a subject to explain it in his or her words. I am not exaggerating when I state this post alone took about two hours to put together. Hope you appreciate the effort, even if you roll your eyes at the content."

And translate it into:

"I have read a couple of posts where you mention the amount of time it took you to cut and paste your replies, it's always quite humorous."

My comment states it took two hours to write the post in question BECAUSE I didn't cut and paste (a.k.a. "copy-pasta").

The only conclusion I can come up with is you have a serious retention and comprehension problem that is NOT on the same level as my research into many religions presented in an organized way. To be clear, I am NOT saying you lack the ability to read; I only question your ability to understand (or process what you read into proper meaning). Your posts appear to indicate this. Furthermore, I see this lack of understanding in your posts directed towards others. It becomes apparent when you turn hostile.

That said, I'm not addressing your "moon being made out of cheese or the earth being flat" remark since I never made such a comment or even hinted at it. I'm sure somewhere upstairs in that brain of yours, you're thinking about a post I made, but I assure you, you won't find one.

In a nutshell, everything you write either makes no sense comes across as incoherent, aloof in meaning, or made up and more probably a combination of all. I do feel sorry for you at times and hope you mitigate your mental funk.

38. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 21:51 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 13:00:
When you write multiple paragraphs it is sometimes hard to glean what it is that you're trying to say.

TLDR Less is more, clarify, refine and condense. Not everything has to be War and Peace.

Because some people are incapable of basic comprehension or, you know, bothering to educate themselves on the topics of conversation.

37. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 21:43 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 21:31:
you know what the bible says about that?

And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies. But Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king's son in law: and the days were not expired. Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king's son in law.

- Samuel Ch. 18

Reply below:

Not exactly sure what this means in the context to anything, however, the simple summary of the passage is King Saul had become fiercely jealous of David's growing popularity with his cabinet and subjects. When David was in a position to ask the king to marry his daughter Michal, Saul didn't want money (a standard gift offering). Instead, he gave David a task for which Saul believed would certainly end David's life. Of course, when David returned and gave Saul TWO hundred foreskins (gross) this made Saul angrier. Saul forgot one little detail of his scheme. Jehovah was backing David and would guarantee his success in whatever he did.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2017, 21:54.

36. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 21:30 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 17:28:

I didn't force you to read my comment in this thread. The hidden text and notification implies that. If you are unable to handle my comments maturely, perhaps it would be best for you to stop reading them.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Videos
1. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 21:08 Kxmode

It looks like the BioWare team figured out how to make Star Citizen the right way.  

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
27. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 20:58 Kxmode

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:16:
I have a strong suspicion that before this game ships, Hello Games will quietly undergo a rebranding.

Or be victims of a financial riot. I would prefer financial rot.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
26. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 20:56 Kxmode

Well, now it's nice to finally know I paid $60 to beta test their procedural tech. GG Sean. GG.

News Comments > Game Developers Choice Awards
12. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 2, 2017, 15:26 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 12:16:
Patently untrue. It's cooled off since last year, sure, but it's still in the Top 5 grossing apps on both iOS and Android and last month cleared $1 billion in total revenue. Do you know how many thousands of app devs would literally kill to have a product of theirs be that successful?

I originally wrote "nobody," but I knew that's simply not true. So I used "anyone hardly" based on my coworkers. There were at least 7-8 people enamored with p-GO at release. Almost daily they would coordinate outings during their lunch breaks to find Pokemon. None of them play today. They roll their eyes if reminded of the time they used to play. Just wanted to make clear that I was careful with the words I chose so as to not paint with an over-generalizing brush.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2017, 15:15 Kxmode

Like this line from Gladiator.

"Ultimately, we're all dead men. Sadly, we cannot choose how but, what we can decide is how we meet that end, in order that we are remembered, as men."

Bible stuff below, hidden for those who are apathetic to such things.

That line very much reminds me of Ecclesiastes 7:1, "A name is better than good oil, and the day of death than the day of one's being born." Someone may ask why the day of one's death would be better than the day of one's birth? Because at birth a person has no established reputation. Their personal slate is blank, and their life course will result in either a positive or a negative reputation. For those who have established a good name over the years, the day of death is indeed better in that respect than the day of birth.

Another line: "Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity."

This is the same case with Jehovah. Having a good name with Him "in life" based on "what we do" results in "echoes in eternity" at death in remembering our deeds. Fascinating! Refreshing to find metaphor similarities between scripture and film. Thought you might find the comparison interesting.

News Comments > Game Developers Choice Awards
4. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 2, 2017, 11:43 Kxmode

Best Mobile/Handheld Game
Pokemon Go (Niantic)

Congrats to a game anyone hardly plays today.

Innovation Award
No Manís Sky (Hello Games)

I have choice words about this, but I'll merely say this is a big slap in the face to gamers who was on the receiving end of Sean's, shall we say, rather opaque exaggerations of the facts. This vexes me. I'm terribly vexed. Brood

News Comments > LG VR HMD Specs
12. Re: On Sale Mar 2, 2017, 01:44 Kxmode

I wonder if market saturation is VR's "killer app." That said, not including an estimated street price and hardware spec is suspicious. We didn't hear about pricing and requirements for the Rift and Vive until much closer to launch. The response wasn't good, except hardcore enthusiasts. My former coworker was like a diehard member of the Church of VR. Daily he'd sing the technology's praises and continued to try and convert me not realizing that $1,500 was out of my budget. Glad he's gone. He was such an arrogant hipster. Yes, he was that image you have in mind.  

12511 Comments. 626 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo