Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11887 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
25. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 2, 2016, 20:23 Kxmode

The Magician wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 06:02:
That's kinda funny, but also fraudulent use of the chargeback capability, which could be a felony.

This. It seems to me that these people are taking their dissatisfaction to Cape Fear levels. Many states have harassment laws that make it a criminal offense to commit acts with an intent to annoy, harass, or intimidate another person. The specific mentioning of mailed fecal matter would be grounds for criminal charges if the intent was abusive in nature, which it was (e.g. mailing fecal matter to a researcher vs mailing it to abuse someone).

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm New Hero Reveal Next Week
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm New Hero Reveal Next Week Sep 30, 2016, 18:16 Kxmode

Gamon  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
49. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 30, 2016, 12:30 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 09:12:
An unverified PDF file linked on reddit isn't exactly a slam dunk and you aren't a credible source of information on the other stuff. You have previous history and comments that indicate bias. You're trusting a source of information that is dubious at best and worse, you haven't fact checked that source. It's unverified third hand information from a random internet person, of course no one will give it real credence.

Go gather what you have there, send it to a credible news source and let them do a story. They will actually fact check it while respecting source anonymity. Otherwise /shrug, its an amusing tale but I doubt anyone will take it seriously.

Your reasoning is logical considering I received the information from Derek, who has, in my own words, a history of being less than truthful with the facts. Thanks for reminding me why I became indifferent.

47. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 29, 2016, 02:44 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 28, 2016, 08:49:
Still waiting on a source for Derek's PhD 15 years later, don't hold your breath folks.

Dude. I just said they exist. I've read them. Did I miss something?

Right but uh you're a random internet person who has a documented history with regards to this game that could easily lead to bias. You're also not a journalist and you're acting like people should trust information 3 times removed from the original source. A source which conveniently can't be verified.

Lead character artist David Jennison's words on why he left CIG wasn't "3 times removed from the original source". His just happened to leak online for everyone to read and talk about. I was told not to share the other sources, as their identities could be revealed. I would imagine you would honor such a request as much as I have.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
3. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 28, 2016, 21:14 Kxmode

I think this should be a joint venture between the UK's ASA and the US's FTC to cover US and UK jurisdictions concurrently. It will also help to have each agency share their findings. Specifically, the issue at hand for the FTC to investigate is the language that relates to "Truth in Advertising." That states, "Advertising must be truthful and non-deceptive; Advertisers must have evidence to back up their claims." The fact that nearly half of the screenshots on the Steam store page still show things that are not in the game is clear evidence of false and deceptive advertising.  

44. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 23:22 Kxmode

descender wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 23:04:
Which will we get to see first? Derek's "sources" or Trump's tax returns?

By the time they are revealed, will either even be relevant anymore? Biggrin

Wait that should probably be Bigcry ...

Dude. I just said they exist. I've read them. Did I miss something?

42. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 23:00 Kxmode

descender wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 18:28:
Shacknews went to shit after they got bought out by Gamefly... but this hit-piece is a new low. How can anyone quote a man with absolutely no proof or sources? Has to be one of the most irresponsible things any media outlet can do.

That kotaku article is 4 months old and full of outdated material.

Derek has been gracious enough to share with me a couple of insider information from his sources about the goings on at CIG. The most notable are the real reasons Alex Mayberry resigned. Besides lead character artist David Jennison's words, which leaked online, I won't repeat any of what I read since I was asked not to. Suffice it to say Derek has sources.

That being said, I will say that it is tough to take what Derek's writes as bona fide fact because of his less than honorable history of not being truthful. This was a personal revelation after spending about two weeks extensively researching his Ph.D. (Computer Science and Math). That "stain" affects how I view what Derek write. I think two important things will give Derek's screeds authority and truthfulness.

1. Quote sources often (anonymously is fine), and if possible mention the department the source worked in or their title.
2. Make editorials as terse as possible. Get to the point, stay on point, and end on point in a brief manner. That Kotaku article was ludicrously long. They should've broken it up into pages, or created parts. I dare anyone to say they read the whole thing.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2016, 22:20 Kxmode

Well, at least, he didn't Sully himself. He was able to hit his Mark.

Hey, I'm here all week. Try the salad bar! Jester

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2016, 12:14 Kxmode

nin wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 08:39:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 21:49:
Binge-watched Star Wars Rebels this weekend. Wow! That Season 2 finale was fantastic!

That was probably the best episode of the entire series, IMO. Hugely emotional ending...

Once you finished that, you'll probably want to spend the next hour watching this, from a month or so ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS4sclln5J4

My emotional attachment to Ahsoka only goes as far as the Rebels series. I never watched the Clone Wars series and movie. However, from what I gather she was Anakin's apprentice during the Clone Wars, and eventually left the Jedi order (I did not think that was possible). So I can completely understand how meeting an old master, especially if she did not know Anakin's fate, would've been devastating. Her meeting with Anakin felt like a reverse of Anakin's meeting with Obi-Wan in Episode 4. I thought her damaging Vader's mask to expose part of Anakin's face; especially the eyes was a brilliant dramatic moment.

Whoops. Sorry, I was rambling! Thanks for the link. I will be sure to check it out.

31. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 27, 2016, 12:04 Kxmode

Jackplug wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 06:13:
Star Citizen = Duke Nukem Forever. Oh thx for the millions, i think I will buy myself a new Ferrari out of the new pay rise I've just given myself.

Or I will let my wife make movies that have nothing to do with Star Citizen using equipment purchased with backer money. Į\(į_o)/Į

16. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 26, 2016, 23:48 Kxmode

Wow, I see the "Star Citizen Justice Warriors" are out in force on the article.

Side Note: NMS has reached a new low! 16,403 recent reviews are Overwhelmingly Negative at 9%. I didn't even think that was possible.

12. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 26, 2016, 22:00 Kxmode

sauron wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 21:34:
nin wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 18:38:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 18:21:
Popcorn

Yeah, pass that on over!

Isn't this the point at which we convene the druids and sacrifice a donkey?

And it has to be the biggest ass we can find?

Oh Ewe!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2016, 21:49 Kxmode

Binge-watched Star Wars Rebels this weekend. Wow! That Season 2 finale was fantastic! I also appreciate that Season 2 shows how the Rebel's fleet keeps getting bigger. For example how they acquired a B-Wing ("Wings of the Master"), 3 Corvettes ("A Princess on Lothal"), and an Imperial carrier ("Homecoming").

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2016, 21:59.

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
83. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 26, 2016, 21:44 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 21:11:
Kosumo wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 15:40:
His "professional reputation" was such that no publisher would fund him.

I doubt Squadron 42 will be good due to him having yet displayed any understanding of what gameplay is.

It's not graphics and motion capture.
Erin Roberts is running the SQ42 studio. He has successfully shipped many games including the highly popular Lego games. For this part of the project he should be able to keep things on track. Since SQ42 is the main reason I kickstarted I have high confidence it will be delivered.

I would point out that at the end of the day SQ42 is still going to be a Chris Roberts game even if his brother is leading the team actually working on it.

9. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 26, 2016, 20:19 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 20:16:
LOL, I knew it wouldn't be long before DS got on and shook the tree a bit.

You mean like this? Xmastree

7. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Sep 26, 2016, 20:13 Kxmode

Bundy wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 19:00:
At this point my bag of popcorn is long empty.

I don't even care what flavor of popcorn mine was.

81. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 26, 2016, 19:33 Kxmode

Kosumo wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 15:40:
His "professional reputation" was such that no publisher would fund him.

I doubt Squadron 42 will be good due to him having yet displayed any understanding of what gameplay is.

It's not graphics and motion capture.

"Professional reputation" refers to the games he launched under Origin that remain, to this day, some of PC gaming's more fondly remembered titles.

78. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 25, 2016, 19:05 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 06:36:
As far as "professional reputation", well, ahem... Wing Commander movie anyone? You are correct though that he will try to make Squadron 42 as decent as possible because of all the Hollywood cast he hired. They are going to polish the fuck out of it and it will probably be very well received.

I am obviously not referring to his movie career.

75. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 24, 2016, 22:57 Kxmode

I have to believe Chris not to recently woke up one day and it hit him "I'm never going to ship this game as I pitched", but he keeps soldiering on because his professional reputation in on the line.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2016, 17:23 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:13:
What? A seven-year fly by night operation? Look, I watched Sean Murray in many, many interviews. Does he suffer a touch of the madness known as Molyneuxism? Yup, but he's also a pretty shy geeky guy more comfortable in front of the computer than the camera. You really got the idea he was building his dream game and thought others would be just as stoked. He was living in a bubble, and being fellated by IGN and Stephen Colbert didn't do anything to pop it.

I just think that the shit storm that rained down on them has forced them to batten down the hatches and just try to weather it. They'll come up for air with a patch in a couple of months. He'll need to do a mea culpa for sure, and prostrate himself before The PC Master Race and beg forgiveness.

There's casual falling.
There's falling out of a small tree and hitting the ground.
There's falling out a tall tree and hitting every branch on the way down.
There's falling off a cliff, hitting a flock of birds, a passing plane, electrical lines, and being impaled on sequoia at 125 mph (201 kph).

Sean Murray did the last. I don't think he can recover. It's more than a mere "flesh wound."

11887 Comments. 595 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo