Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15724 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive
24. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive Jul 25, 2019, 20:40 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 25, 2019, 20:27:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2019, 19:49:
My plan was to pick this up soon after release (barring a DOA game). I think my biggest concern buying from EGS is, will they be in operation in 5 years when I want to replay my game? I don't have this concern with Steam, EA, or GoG for various reasons.

That seems like a rather strange concern. Epic have been around since 1991. Their engine has arguably been the most used and most successful one in AAA development for nearly two decades now. The licensing is their bread & butter business that would easily keep them alive even if Fortnite collapsed over night (which it won't).

Out of the ones you mentioned, GOG is the much riskier gig. If CDPR produce a flop or two then GOG is toast or at least up for sale to the highest bidder.

You don't see EGS as a flop? That's rich like a meal featuring Coq Au Vin along with a side of Croque Madame, served with hot Jambon-Beurre and bookended by a slice of Cherry Clafoutis from a fancy French restaurant. Beatnik

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2019, 16:55 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 25, 2019, 08:04:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 23:24:
I heard the Kurt Russell film Soldier takes place in the same universe and time period as Blade Runner.

It does while Blade Runner also exists in the same universe as Alien. Which, when looking back, makes you wonder why the Colonial Marines weren't made up of the super soldiers from Soldier.

They could go the Avengers route and create a film with all three IPs.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > June 2019 Digital Game Revenue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2019, 16:52 Kxmode

Publishers are experimenting more with steep discounts. As the free-to-play business model continues to take mindshare in the industry, publishers seem more open to significantly lowering unit prices for catalogue AAA franchises in order to expand the player base. EA’s Sims 4 and Take-Two’s NBA2K19, two franchises that benefit immensely from add-on content purchases, both saw huge spikes in unit sales after prices were brought down below $5.

Sigh. People are not getting the memo about microtransactions. They complain about them and yet the above shows why publishers continue to put it in their games.

News Comments > June 2019 Digital Game Revenue
6. Re: June 2019 Digital Game Revenue Jul 25, 2019, 16:38 Kxmode

What's "World of Warcraft West?"  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Again; Epic Games Store Exclusive
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2019, 16:36 Kxmode

EGS exclusive Golfclap

One more game I can toss into my Do-Not-Buy list if it ever comes to Steam.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2019, 15:56 Kxmode

I would assume most of it has to do with the games themselves since many of the top-ranking tend to be highly competitive (LOL, Fortnite, TFT, DOTA 2, PUBG, CS:GO, Overwatch, and so forth). You combine that with the relative anonymity the Internet provides, and that's a recipe for extremely toxic behavior.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2019, 15:49 Kxmode

FYI, got an invite email for the following:

GHOST, BE PREPARED FOR YOUR FIRST MISSION ON AUROA!

Congratulations XXXXXXXXX, you have been invited to play the Online Technical Test for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint!

To help the development team prepare for the game launch on October 4, the Online Technical Test will go live from July 26 (12 pm CEST) to July 29 (12 pm CEST). Please check your local time to jump into the game at the right time.

WARNING: THE ONLINE TECHNICAL TEST IS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

By joining Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint Online Technical Test, you understand and agree to the following non-disclosure agreement (NDA) terms:

- Do not discuss your experience except in the dedicated private forums
- Do not capture or publish gameplay content, screenshots, or videos
- Do not live stream from the Online Technical Test

Any breach of the NDA will result in the banning of the account from all present and future Ubisoft live phases, including but not limited to technical test servers, alphas, and betas.

12. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2019, 23:24 Kxmode

I heard the Kurt Russell film Soldier takes place in the same universe and time period as Blade Runner.  

11. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2019, 23:21 Kxmode

[NDT] Rufus wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 19:42:
It's getting painful watching the 20th century blink out of existence, with the passing of each pop culture icon. I think I always expected there to be new icons...new heroes...but it doesn't seem like anyone is stepping up. I haven't been excited about any movies in I don't know how long. I'm tired of superhero flicks. Today's music sucks. I guess I'm just getting old. My 6 year old was listening to some song named Old Town Road the other day, and I was like WTF is this garbage. /endrant

I am willing to give modern stuff a try. For example, check out Aurora. Incredibly talented musician.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer
13. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer Jul 24, 2019, 16:25 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 15:53:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 15:43:
Not every soldier was a Nazi, but every Nazi was German. Worth remembering.

Not ever German was a Nazi, but every Nazi was evil. Plenty of non-Germans were Nazis.

That's the implied meaning (apologies for the misplaced semantics). Plenty of German soldiers did their service and had no idea of the evils of the SS and other higher-ranking members of Hitler's inner circle. Pretty sure many were as appalled by the atrocities their countrymen had wrought. That led to Germany banning anything related to Hitler for the last 70 or so years. Only recently has the government allowed the symbolism to appear in video games as long as the message presents the movement in a very negative light.

There's a great movie starring Viggo Mortensen called Good that shows how a people can slowly become evil without even realizing it. Highly recommend watching if you haven't seen.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer
6. Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Launch Trailer Jul 24, 2019, 15:43 Kxmode

Not every soldier was a Nazi, but every Nazi was German. Worth remembering.  

News Comments > Tetris Effect in Full Effect
1. Re: Tetris Effect in Full Effect Jul 23, 2019, 20:42 Kxmode

EGS Exclusive Golfclap  

News Comments > Beyond: Two Souls Released
1. Re: Beyond: Two Souls Released Jul 23, 2019, 20:26 Kxmode

EGS Exclusive Golfclap  

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2019, 21:57 Kxmode

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 00:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 23:10:
Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 20:13:
That trailer was awful. Looks like Witcher: The Snowflake Chronicles. Knew they were going to trash it.

Clueless comment is clueless.
Brokilon dryads using spears, instead of bows. And Triss not looking young, chestnut haired, and looking like she got beat with an ugly stick, and Yenn looking like she either a 25 year old trying to be 35, or 35 looking to be 25 is obviously clueless. Did I mention the black ones armor yet? No? Sit back and enjoy the shit show.

They're really not even trying to stick to the books. Some parts of it look good, I agree. Other parts are like they decided to break out the stupid because Sapkowski is still pissed off that the witcher games were far more popular than the books, and he only took a lumpsum payment - despite CDPR offering him more when the W3 became an overwhelming success.

Those kinds of details don't make or break a show for me and especially not before watching the first episode. Unlike Watchmen, which I know is not based on the source material, The Witcher is based on the books. So for me the casting choices are irrelevant. Besides none of us were there to see their auditions so we cannot know how they'll be on camera until we see the first episode.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2019, 21:54 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 18:45:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 17:58:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 21, 2019, 13:18:
the orville, one step closer to the bin.

It's Firefly all over again.
Difference being Firefly was a decent show.

Agreed.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2019, 17:15 Kxmode

The Watchmen doesn't take its source material from the comic books. As the description puts it: "this drama series embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name while attempting to break new ground of its own." In other words, this show is season 8 of Game of Thrones. We all know how well the show writers did without the source material. I'm now not interested. I'll switch my HBO sub over to Netflix for The Witcher. It will be based on the source material by Andrzej Sapkowski, who is a excellent storyteller and gifted writer.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 23:10 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 20:13:
That trailer was awful. Looks like Witcher: The Snowflake Chronicles. Knew they were going to trash it.

Clueless comment is clueless.

News Comments > Frank Pearce Leaving Blizzard
10. Re: Frank Pearce Leaving Blizzard Jul 20, 2019, 18:43 Kxmode

WOW Classic is quite literally the only thing at Blizzard that will be a legacy from the past.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2019, 18:21 Kxmode

Star Trek Picard ComicCon trailer! Welcome back to the Prime timeline. Dance

Patrick Stewart posted a video where he talks about San Diego ComicCon on the way to San Diego.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2019, 18:34.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2019, 18:03 Kxmode

I think the show is Andrzej Sapkowski's big F-U to CDPR for not getting any of that entitlement money he wanted. The show won't be an adaption of the video game out of spite. That said the three games follow the books, so there's going to be a LOT of familiar things between the show and games.  

15724 Comments. 787 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo