Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11399 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
13. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 11:57 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 02:09:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 22:07:
Well that's nice for the 100 people who have one and the computer to run one.

Missing a few zeros there.

Oculus Rift review roundup: Enthusiasts love it, mainstream not so much. Like I said, "Well that's nice for the 100 people who have one and the computer to run one." 100 people is a metaphor for a small number.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
8. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 11:56 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Mar 29, 2016, 11:45:
Hmmmmm... Piiiiizza! Can I have a slice of that $1.1m pizza? :o

If you live in Australia no pizza for you!

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2016, 11:49 Kxmode

California raises minimum wage to $15 an hour. As a Web UX Developer / Programmer I will make a slight dozen digits more* than someone who flips hamburgers, stuffs lettuce in a taco, and drops fries in a vat of grease. These are no skill jobs. They're not suppose to be living income jobs. People who "settle" at minimum wage jobs basically gave up on life. It's not the government's job to force companies to give these people a 6% raise every year for the next six years!

*I care not to say specifically how much

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
6. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 11:37 Kxmode

Valve made $750 million last year. The math says 1.1 million isn't going to hurt them. For them it's like ordering a pizza, having it be delivered, and tipping the driver.  

10. Re: Bazinga, McAfee to the rescue, not Mar 28, 2016, 22:50 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 19:31:
The FBI Has Successfully Unlocked The San Bernardino terrorists iPhone Without Apple's Help.

Correction. A tech company from Israel successfully unlocked the San Bernardino terrorists iPhone. Makes sense. A country under constant thread of terrorist attack has to figure out how to unlock their phones without consulting Apple.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2016, 23:38.

News Comments > Chronos for Oculus Rift
2. Re: Chronos for Oculus Rift Mar 28, 2016, 22:15 Kxmode

Why are all the scenes shot in variable third person camera angles? The trailer doesn't shows anything VR.  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch
5. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 28, 2016, 22:07 Kxmode

Well that's nice for the 100 people who have one and the computer to run one.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2016, 18:33 Kxmode

I'm not surprised Microsoft did this. Microsoft was one of the first tech companies to sign up for the PRISM program.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 28, 2016, 16:57 Kxmode

Pigeon wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 16:12:
But TEH C100UD!!! Unless a console wants to price itself out of the market or take a huge loss on every unit sold, never going to happen. I do feel like the current generation started out a bit further behind the curve than normal.

Ironically the Steam Link is a true nextgen cloud console that is more powerful than any current console.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 28, 2016, 15:41 Kxmode

I'm fine with Nintendo wanting to claim their nextgen console is more powerful than a PS4 as long as they stay in the console realm. No console will ever be more powerful than a PC. #PCMasterRace!  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 28, 2016, 13:17 Kxmode

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 28, 2016, 12:36:
It is pretty annoying though in regards to how CCP markets this side of the game. Videos such as This is Eve are as amazing as they are misleading in regards to how inaccurate they are at portraying epic battles which essentially turn in to a jumbled up power point presentation. It's still impressive but it's in no way representing the expectations they're building up to.

Exactly! Ships don't warp into a system from a distance, form cool formations and then fly into battle. No, they just warp into the thick of things in different positions and start firing at whatever ship they can target first. It's absolute chaos.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 28, 2016, 12:31 Kxmode

Only those who are actually there get to experience those big battles. You can watch the battle on Youtube but it's not the same. Besides most of the recorded Eve battles I've seen look like a hot mess: different sized ships layered everywhere all pointing in different directions, and so much laggy footage. It's definitely not the epic space battles we've grown accustomed to in modern sci-fi.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 20:24 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 18:31:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:18:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:11:
Nice to see a peaceful, fun game like Stardew Valley taking the #2 spot showing that not every video game needs to have violence to be successful.

But it does actually contain violence

And sex

It's not Rated M for Mature. Come on... you know what I mean goofballs.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 16:11 Kxmode

Nice to see a peaceful, fun game like Stardew Valley taking the #2 spot showing that not every video game needs to have violence to be successful.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
17. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 27, 2016, 16:09 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 10:03:
If you cared for quality you'd have a HBO subscription. Netflix shows and quality is a fair point, but aside from Daredevil nothing Netflix produced even peaked my interest.

I hear House of Cards is a riot.

News Comments > DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown
29. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 27, 2016, 16:08 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 03:34:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 20:29:
Why are the before videos in black and white and the after in color? Is DAYZ a black and white game?

It's how they handle lighting in the day/night cycle. When there's only moonlight, there is little to no color shown. Sometimes it's near pitch-black, and people often activate what we like to call "gamma goggles." Cranking up the gamma allows you to see better at night by magnifying the faintest sources of light, and you'll see everything in black and white because doing so also screws with the contrast.

So it looks like night time in color is an improvement then.

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 27, 2016, 01:28 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 00:20:
I canceled my Hulu Plus just because I almost never used it.
Have Amazon Prime and Netflix now... and a friend's cable login that I use occasionally

You might like 11.22.63.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 27, 2016, 00:06 Kxmode

Icewind wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 22:54:
A lot of the shows I was watching on Netflix are still shown on Amazon Prime, like Stargate SG1, for instance.

IMO, Amazon Prime is better if what you want are movies and old TV shows. Netflix is what you want if original programming is your thing. I have both and they each fulfill a need.

Add Hulu Plus to create an entertainment trifecta.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2016, 21:59 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 13:35:
BobBob wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 13:22:
Keep a roll of tinfoil for extra security. Wideeyed

Be sure to wrap it around your head in a cone shape. If pressed directly to the skull, it will offer no protection.

You guys are freaking me out! What's going on? Aliens?! Alien

News Comments > DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown
22. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 26, 2016, 20:29 Kxmode

Why are the before videos in black and white and the after in color? Is DAYZ a black and white game?  

11399 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo