Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13087 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 10, 2017, 17:01 Kxmode

It looks like this article is being cloned all over the Internet according to a Google search. Here's another like that works:
https://pcgamesn.com/lawbreakers/lawbreakers-player-count

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. LawBreakers PC Unimpressive Launch Numbers, Peaked at 3,000 Players… Aug 10, 2017, 16:43 Kxmode

Error 500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1770142576

Varnish cache server

Pretty sad when the cache server goes down.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2017, 13:11 Kxmode

Head's up. Free open beta from Friday until Sunday for Guild Wars 2 latest expansion. You don't need to own the game to play.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Plans
28. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 10, 2017, 13:09 Kxmode

mustang05tim wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 17:30:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 17:16:
I feel that's the same situation Chris Roberts finds himself in. The hype surrounding Star Citizen and SQ42 is so high that there's no way it can be anything but a failure and (or) a big disappointment at launch.

That's why the best games are the ones that get developed in secrecy until about 3 months before launch so they can build up the hype train. Unfortunately, only the really well financed studios can pull that off.

I would consider $156 million a "really well-financed studio".

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
18. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 12:41 Kxmode

WOW Overwatch clones

News Comments > Paragon's Game-Changing New Dawn Update
1. Re: Paragon's Game-Changing New Dawn Update Aug 9, 2017, 18:36 Kxmode

Game-Changing. I do not think it means what you think it means.

22. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 17:16 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 15:15:
This is how I feel.. game had so much hype it was like he had a billboard advertising it's failure about his head.

I feel that's the same situation Chris Roberts finds himself in. The hype surrounding Star Citizen and SQ42 is so high that there's no way it can be anything but a failure and (or) a big disappointment at launch.

15. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 14:41 Kxmode

ChopperDan wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 13:49:
So nice of them to fix the broken game for Free

It wasn't broken at launch. However, it was missing a ton of content promised at launch. The game still doesn't have fleets even though it continues to be one of the screenshots on the Steam store page.

14. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 14:36 Kxmode

I have to give them props for continuing to update the game despite the negative feedback.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2017, 21:47 Kxmode

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 15:02:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 10:32:
And the Sea Fleas..... holy shit watch the video the dad made in the article.

Yeah, people wonder why I stay out of the ocean. Too. Many. Critters.

Forget the water. Stay out of Australia. That place is a death trap.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Passes 10M Players
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Passes 10M Players Aug 8, 2017, 21:43 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2017, 18:31:
Does it mean accounts or players?

Pretty sure it means accounts.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Passes 10M Players
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Passes 10M Players Aug 8, 2017, 13:08 Kxmode

*Cumulative player count includes free trial accounts.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Climb a Magical Tower in VR Puzzler Light Tracer, Out This September Aug 7, 2017, 14:11 Kxmode

Still no killer app.

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. Aug 7, 2017, 12:23 Kxmode

Paying a sub for an MMO is quaint.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month
11. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Next Month Aug 4, 2017, 12:29 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:41:
my favorite thing about this, is that when they went over the new elite specs, they once again delved a little into each class and kind of explained what they do... until they got to Ranger then they were just like "you merge with your animal" and moved onto the next class without any actual examples of what that means. Which pretty much continues the "We don't play rangers so we don't give a fuck" at ArenaNet.

You can almost see who they play by the way the classes develop (cough, necro, cough elementalist). Some things never change.

You gave up way too quickly. Go to the POF website. There are videos detailing each class mastery.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Demo
33. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Aug 1, 2017, 16:51 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 15:52:
The other thing is that people want to live in a place where they can get another good job quickly if circumstances change. For good dev talent, that means usually specific large urban areas: Seattle, Bay area, LA, Austin, NY, Chicago, etc. That's not Ohio.

Poor Ohio. Forever alone.

News Comments > BioWare Montreal team and EA Motive Sitting in a Tree
6. Re: BioWare Montreal team and EA Motive Sitting in a Tree Aug 1, 2017, 16:49 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 14:09:
Motive was partially the few people who worked on Andromeda who didn't get canned afterward from Montreal, so now they're just combining both teams again like two months later.

Motive is a new studio form by EA and headed by Jade Raymond. It's not BioWare Montreal if that's what you're suggesting. As a fan of the AC series, I am very glad to see Jade directing Battlefront 2.

30. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Aug 1, 2017, 12:00 Kxmode

WingmanDU wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 10:36:
Don't really know the details there, but on our end, we have been using our personal capital to develop the game.

Same as Overload, I suspect.

Good to know. That sheds light on many things I've wondered about not just on the D:U project but other video game projects.

News Comments > BioWare Montreal team and EA Motive Sitting in a Tree
3. Re: BioWare Montreal team Aug 1, 2017, 11:52 Kxmode

Studio closure for sure.

Wikipedia: BioWare Montreal was formed in March 2009, to assist the Edmonton studio as necessary. BioWare Edmonton is the original BioWare studio that is responsible for most of the games released under the BioWare label, including the ongoing Dragon Age series and the original Mass Effect trilogy. Montreal led the development of DLC for the Mass Effect series as well as Mass Effect: Andromeda.

The Montreal studio was a subservient studio at best that got its big break landing development of a major EA IP. The studio turned it into a "statement" for all their industry woes. The game isn't a success at launch. EA closes studio. The end. Hopefully, the lesson EA learned is: don't mess with what works and leave the SJW nonsense at the doors.

28. Re: Descent: Underground Demo Aug 1, 2017, 03:53 Kxmode

WingmanDU wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 14:54:
So, while we acknowledge it has taken longer than we have liked, we are also doing a much bigger game than we original started with because we want to do it right.

That's precisely what led to Star Citizen's predicament.

13087 Comments. 655 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo