Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11453 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Judge rules Porsche not to blame for Paul Walker's death. Apr 6, 2016, 11:32 Kxmode

Killer Kane wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 10:48:
It was "Trees" that were to blame!

And inertia

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 5, 2016, 13:26 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 02:26:
No love for the greatest space sim ever made?

Made is a strong word.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

33. Re: fucking bullshit christians and their bullshit fake moralilty Apr 4, 2016, 23:35 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 20:52:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 20:30:
He's implying that you should help the poor because that's what Jesus would want.
What's your read?

I'll try and provide a brief answer.

In order to understand the meaning we need context, and context can only be found in the surrounding verses. So for the sake of clarity here's a greater section of the passage.

(Matthew 25:34-45)

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right: ĎCome, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; 36 naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me.' 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ĎLord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' 40 In reply the King will say to them, ĎTruly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'

41 "Then he will say to those on his left: ĎGo away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.' 44 Then they too will answer with the words: ĎLord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?' 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ĎTruly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.'

In verse 34 Jesus refers to a King and a Kingdom so it's reasonable to conclude that what follows is in reference to a kingdom and that kingdom's royalty. It's also reasonable to conclude since Jesus was addressing his disciples he was by extension addressing the anointed Christians who make up the heavenly class of God's organization. These three passages in the Bible (although there are many more) basically define this:

- (Daniel 2:44, 45) "In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, 45 just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold. The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy."

- (Luke 22:28-30) 28 "However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

- (Revelation 14:1) Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. (Contrast 144,000 with "a great crowd which no man was able to number" in Revelation 7:9. 144,000 is a set number predetermined by God himself. The number 144,000 has symbolic meaning which, for the sake of time, I won't go into detail here).

These Christians are chosen by God himself. He anoints them with holy spirit. Symbolically this is what "the name of his Father written on their foreheads" means. When God anoints someone they have effectively become adopted by God. So in that sense they become Jesus' brothers and sisters. As anointed Christians they are given a weighty assignment that involves the preaching work Jesus and his disciples began, and for which Jesus specifically mentioned at Matthew 24:14 and 28:19,20.

So when he said "to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me", he wasn't referring to the poor. Jesus was referring to how people would treat God's anointed Ė Jesus' brothers and sisters - in assisting them in carrying out their responsibility to preach the good news. Verses 34 - 40 refer to those who assist, while 41 - 44 refer to those who oppose.

Does that clarify things?

Side note, perhaps the scripture you were looking for Isaiah 58:7, 8a:

"It is to share your bread with the hungry,
To bring the poor and homeless into your house,
To clothe someone naked when you see him,
And not to turn your back on your own flesh.
Then your light will shine through like the dawn"

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 21:13 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 21:09:
Still kind of odd to assume that a conversation is not going to be civil while it is still currently civil. Not to mention that you started the conversation today. Blue in the past has also cautioned against "grenade" posts where someone just drops something political to stir up shit and then leaves.

Since I'm apolitical I only see this as a social issue. When it turns into a political issue then I tune out.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 21:09 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 21:03:
Right, so he wasn't wrong when he said, "You're in full agreement with the higher minimum wage, get over yourself."

But you made some non-sequitur after that about a linked article when he didn't even link an article.

edit: Ahh I see what you meant now, your own posting of the link didn't change your view... That's kind of an odd way to put that.

Precisely. Sorry if that caused confusion.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 21:06 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 20:49:
Are you actually reading his posts? First you say he's "instigating a foul-mouthed conflict" ... didn't see any foul language in the post you replied to. Now you're saying he posted a link to a news article... he didn't, but you did.

I did. Instigating simply means "bring about" meaning based on his history on this site, and the language of his post, he's about to go down the road of going full blown bad language to the point of breaking #1 of this site's FAQ. One of his posts has already been reported to Blue; and not by me. I like having conversations with people when they remain civil which is why I like this site. For the most part everyone is civil. However when it descends to the level of personal attacks then I tend to back away. I cannot have a conversation with an irrational person.

"Posting a link to a news article doesn't change my view". I was referring to myself. Hope that clarified. I guess I should be more explicit: "My link to a news article doesn't change my view" but it reads weird for me.

Apologies for the confusion.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 20:57 Kxmode

Kosumo wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:44:
Nucas wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:41:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:17:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:24:
Since you appear adamant about instigating another foul-mouthed conflict I'll drop this headline in your lap and let you ponder the potential ramifications; aka the bigger picture.
You're in full agreement with the higher minimum wage, get over yourself.

i recall that he's brought up before he's some kind of software developer who doesn't make much more than this and resents that the underclasses are now on equal footing with him since their jobs "don't warrant a living wage", unlike his.

He also framed it as though it was for the best for the minim wage earners so that they would 'better themselves' to earn more, now he's doing the 'it will raise the prices of stuff'.

He's all over the place why, but he is totally against this rise for them. It's strange why he would be against offering support for the weakest (strange to me anyway - commen amongst some people)

Also - what bullshit is it that take this law change till 2022 until it is fully in place?

It's amazing how people have selective memory about things. I'm not saying that I haven't done it myself.So just for clarity sake here's what started the discussion:

California raises minimum wage to $15 an hour. As a Web UX Developer / Programmer I will make a slight dozen digits more* than someone who flips hamburgers, stuffs lettuce in a taco, and drops fries in a vat of grease. These are no skill jobs. They're not suppose to be living income jobs. People who "settle" at minimum wage jobs basically gave up on life. It's not the government's job to force companies to give these people a 6% raise every year for the next six years!

*I care not to say specifically how much

And then here's what concluded the discussion for me:

Did some personal bible study tonight and it really helped me appreciate Jesus words, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:39) The first 25 or so minutes of this video (produced by JW's) helped me greatly appreciate the gravity of what Jesus' words meant. This has led me to conclude that a minimum wage, no a living wage, of $15 is the neighborly and compassionate thing to do. I now know a lot of people, including fellow worshipers, who would greatly benefit from such an income increase regardless of marketable skills. Thank you all for your valuable points of view. :)

Before jumping to conclusions at least find out what I really wrote and the order in which it was written.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 20:43 Kxmode

Nucas wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:41:
i recall that he's brought up before he's some kind of software developer who doesn't make much more than this and resents that the underclasses are now on equal footing with him since their jobs "don't warrant a living wage", unlike his.

IIRC I wrote that I make "several digits more" which is a vague way of saying a lot more than $15. I'm not going to post my annual salary on the public video game news site. I'm sure you understand.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 20:34 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:17:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:15:
Bodolza wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:19:
It's incremental and it starts at 5%. Labor at a restaurant is typically 30% of running expenses, so that minimum wage increase is increasing their costs around 2%, and it doesn't even go into effect until next year. You're "really awesome" restaurant is clearly using this as an excuse to screw over its customers.
^^^ So this. ^^^

They were probably looking for a way to decrease their discount cards and now they can blame it on taxes.
Some customers will never grasp the bigger picture.

Since you appear adamant about instigating another foul-mouthed conflict I'll drop this headline in your lap and let you ponder the potential ramifications; aka the bigger picture.
You're in full agreement with the higher minimum wage, get over yourself.

Posting a link to a news article doesn't change my view. Quit making conclusions on my behalf.

19. Re: fucking bullshit christians and their bullshit fake moralilty Apr 4, 2016, 20:30 Kxmode

rudra wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:09:
this is for YOU, kxmode

37 ďThen the righteous will answer him, ĎLord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?í

40 ďThe King will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.í

41 ďThen he will say to those on his left, ĎDepart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.í

44 ďThey also will answer, ĎLord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?í

45 ďHe will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.í

46 ďThen they will go away to eternal punishment

I know precisely what those passages mean and they have nothing to do with what you're implying. If you were a bible study you'd know this.

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
20. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 18:34 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:28:
deqer wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 09:41:
The hype is real, for this game.

If you like fun, then buy this game.

N to the O to the P to the E.

Yeah, you know me.
* drops mic *
I gotta pee.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 15:24 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:15:
Bodolza wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:19:
It's incremental and it starts at 5%. Labor at a restaurant is typically 30% of running expenses, so that minimum wage increase is increasing their costs around 2%, and it doesn't even go into effect until next year. You're "really awesome" restaurant is clearly using this as an excuse to screw over its customers.
^^^ So this. ^^^

They were probably looking for a way to decrease their discount cards and now they can blame it on taxes.
Some customers will never grasp the bigger picture.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2016, 15:06 Kxmode

Joss wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 14:20:
DLC - Angry Forest Creatures inbound! RAWR!

Badgers? Badgers? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGERS!

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
13. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 13:49 Kxmode

I'm Underwhelmed.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 13:34 Kxmode

@Bodolza - I'm not saying it's bad or good. I'm simply reporting that some restaurants, at least one where I live, are responding to the new law.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 12:10 Kxmode

As of 9AM PST, it's official. California's minimum wage is now $15 per hour (will be phased in by 2022); signed into law by Governor Brown. Businesses are already looking for ways to offset the cost. A really awesome Steak Cheese Restaurant near my house posted a notice saying due to the wage increase they would be dropping their 25% discount cards down to 10% effective immediately.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2016, 12:42.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
46. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 4, 2016, 12:03 Kxmode

How is this any different than what Microsoft or Apple does, or what stores do when you sign up for their Rewards card? Privacy is a fairy tale. It's doesn't exist anymore.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2016, 13:54 Kxmode

Julio wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 06:02:
Hope you checked the expiry date, I know someone who drank a really old one and puked for a while after.

I did. Expires 4/1/2017. It's just nasty.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 3, 2016, 13:51 Kxmode

GTA5 is back again. That game is ridiculous. Rockstar must have made like a gazillion dollars by now.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2016, 02:34 Kxmode

So I bought one of those small 6 packs of Ensure. Thought maybe getting some vitamins in shake form would be good for me. Well I drank one tonight. I feel like I'm going to die. Don't buy Ensure! It's evil!  

11453 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo