Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12652 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2017, 05:19 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 02:33:
1) When you've lost Mr. Tact...

He's not the gold standard of morality (no offense, Mr. Tact).

2) When basically every single person is telling you to get a clue, you need to scratch your head and say to yourself "Okay, maybe I need to open my mind and look into this further"

It is more accurate to say abandon my morality and join you. I will decline.

Human beings are not "regressing." What's happening is science is explaining the way human beings (and other animals) have always been. There will be no perfect binary gender society in the future, unless human scientists modify the human genome and eliminate somehow the mutations that cause homosexuality to be a thing.

You can believe whatever you want. I've said everything I care to express on this subject.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2017, 01:10 Kxmode

@Quboid - Have you seen the STTNG episode "The Offspring?" It is a great reminder of what gender identity is as it relates to Data's child Lal, a machine, making a decision to choose its gender identity. This is the only time where "gender fluidity" makes sense to me.

LAL: Gender female.
TROI: That's right, Lal. Just like me.
LAL: Gender male.
DATA: Correct.
LAL: I am... gender neuter. Inadequate.
DATA: That is why you must choose a gender, Lal. And complete your appearance.
LAL: What are... criteria?
DATA: Access your data bank on sexuality, level two. That will define the parameters.
TROI: Whatever you choose will be yours for your lifetime, Lal... It is a decision that will affect how people interrelate with you.

33. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2017, 00:39 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 00:23:
I've got some pronouns I'd like to call Kxmode, but all of them would get that post deleted :)

Well, thanks friend for keeping things civil. Toff

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2017, 00:34 Kxmode

From CNBC

In 2017, GameStop said it expects to close between 2 to 3 percent of its global store footprint, a sign that traffic at its brick-and-mortar locations has slowed. The company also said Thursday that its video game category has become "weak."

It's not "weak." It's only weak at old fashion distribution platforms like GameStop. Seriously, the vast majority of gamers buy online either through XBOX Live, PSN, or Windows (Steam, Origin, etc.).

"The fourth quarter [ended Jan. 28] was significantly impacted by ... aggressive console promotions by other retailers on Thanksgiving [Day] and Black Friday," the company wrote in its earnings release.

Delusional and out of touch with reality.

Moving forward, GameStop will no longer provide quarterly earnings nor same-store-sales guidance, Chief Financial Officer Rob Llyod said in a statement. "We believe that providing only annual guidance will reduce investor distraction as we continue to diversify the company and seek to maximize long-term shareholder value," Lloyd said.

Switching to annual reports to "reduce investor distraction" is a kiss of death. If I had shares I would dump them all based on those three words alone.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2017, 00:15 Kxmode

NetHead wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 17:36:
Dev wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 17:07:
Poor gamestop

Gamespot is so screwed, not just because of all the crap they do, but also because publishers want that whole business gone.

I trust Steam users more than sites like GameSpot. Gamers tend to be brutally honest. With GameSpot there always this lingering doubt that there's a conflict of interest. IGN is completely untrustworthy because of this.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2017, 00:12 Kxmode

Dev wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 17:07:
Poor gamestop

Literally

29. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 23:30 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 23:26:
Haha. "Pop! Goes the weasel."

If you're a man it's your duty to identify the gender!

27. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 23:20 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 22:45:
Actually, it is not the basic science that is the problem. Yes, in basic science there are two genders. In advanced science, there are levels of relativity. Despite your refusal to acknowledge this, it is actually a fact.

On an only mildly related subject, it was interesting to see you mention the possibility of humans evolving to non-physical energy beings. Consider this possibility, straight out of my favorite fictional universe -- the one created by Iain Banks. What if our science advanced to where we could control our internal hormone levels. If fact, to the point were we could actual morph ourselves (over a period of time) from one sex to the other? In that situation how would you define gender? Just a silly question based on a fictional universe. But I find it difficult to not talk about The Culture when any opportunity arises.

It's an actual biological fact that the sex of the unborn child occurs at the instant of fertilization and the fatherís sperm cell makes that choice. Every egg that a woman produces is female in the sense that it contains an X, or a female, sex chromosome. In a man, only half of the sperm cells carry an X chromosome, while the other half carry a Y, which is the male sex chromosome. If two X chromosomes join the result will be a girl; if a male Y enters the female X, the baby will be a boy. Thus, whether a child is a boy or a girl, the decision is made by the chromosome factor in male sperm. This scientific fact is simply a lottery of procreation and has remained constant since the beginning.

The excessive variants of extra chromosomes appearing at birth today is a direct byproduct of sin and imperfection. Humans are far from the evolved beings that science keeps pushing. As a species, we have regressed from where we used to be, and if left unchecked, the human race is going waste away in next few hundred years from corrupted chromosomes. No amount of science can fix what is fundamentality broken. Fortunately, humanity will never get that level for biblical reasons, which I won't go into here. Rest assure the human race will continue and eventually thrive; just not right now. And this idea of "gender fluidity" will cease to be "a thing."

Edit: fixing improper use of "digressed"

24. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 22:19 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 22:10:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 21:55:
snp
For love of all that is good, put the shovel down and walk away because on this topic you don't have a clue.

You're now officially on my ignore list. Congrats on being the first.

23. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 22:18 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 21:53:
Everything, even societies change over time.

Absolutely. You have no idea how true that is in light of the times we live in.

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 21:53:
Hell, even astronomical entities like stars and planets change over time. I understand your reluctance to resist it, but you should rethink your approach and realize, this is something that is just going to change. It isn't chaos, it is just change. You are correct in pointing out society works because we agree to follow certain rules, like traffic lights. But rules like everything else, change...

Gender isn't the same as stars and planets. In programming, you have variables and constants. Stars and planets are variables. Gender and Einstein's special relativity formula are constants. The two are not mutually inclusive. This is basic science. You should know this.

In respect to your point about traffic lights I wasn't implying "rules," because, as you state, people break the rules. I was referring to "laws" which cannot be broken. Laws are created typically as the result of a necessary need. Traffic laws exist because left alone people would not govern themselves properly in certain situations (e.g. the aforementioned red light scenario from an earlier post). Governments in society serve the "law of governance," because without the rule of law a society of imperfect people will always descend into chaos (people will revert to their base desires). Being apolitical, even I recognize the place government plays in creating a measure of order and providing basic structure. There are certain norms and legal frameworks in a society that must be recognized. Unless humans turn into genderless energy lifeforms, gender will always remain constant.

21. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 21:55 Kxmode

Squirmer wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 20:46:
It's actually really liberating if you stop trying to jam all human beings into rigid categories. Everyone is just trying to live their lives as well as they can. Treat them as individuals, allow them to identify how want to, and let go of the desire to stick one of two labels on them.

Reading an excellent book or going on vacation to an exotic location is liberating. Deciding on a whim to reclassify gender is not. All it does is creates confusion for others. People are free to do it all day long in the comfort of their home and among friends. When it is forced upon me to play along with it, that's when it becomes an issue.

I can share my beliefs with others, but I would never force anyone to believe them. Conversely, gender fluidity is slowly becoming a forced tolerance when it should not be.

17. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 21:44 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 20:13:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:43:
Sex is a very clear choice that causes no confusion. Physically, a person is either male or female.
Okay, first of all I am confused by your wording, first you say there is a choice then you seem to indicate there isn't but I'll overlook that...

I suggest you do some reading on Intersex, XX males, XY females, and other various biologic anomalies that blur that bright line you seem to think exists. As I said before, yes -- a majority of the time the line is bright, but it is not always so clear.

Absolutely. That's why in an early comment I wrote "the vast majority of humans." Originally, I wrote EVERYONE, but then I recognized that is simply not true per your point. However, society functions on certain paradigms and one of those is defined genders. Now, I'm not saying people are not free to think however they wish regarding gender. I'm saying those thoughts should not dictate or even eliminate established frameworks of society. This breeds chaos. For example, think what would happen if you had "traffic fluidity," and people were free to decide to stop at a red light or not. Unfortunately, we have that now, and people get tickets. I know you're going to say "that's not the same." It is the point. People hate traffic lights, but they obey them because taken as a whole it creates a framework of order. Messing around with something as fundamental as "gender" is all kinds of dangerous.

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
85. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 20:05 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:59:
Hey, Kxmode -- clean up your quotes... you have me quoted for what Redeye9 said...

Whoops! Sorry. All fixed. Wacko

84. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 20:03 Kxmode

Tumbler wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:53:
I'm shocked how civil and reasonable the political discussion is... We usually see comments written with flame throwers in here and now we are discussing politics and no one is calling anyone a Nazi?!

Agreed. However, these threads are not the place to have such discussions. Others have made it explicitly clear that I shouldn't discuss religious stuff in non-off-topic threads. I am only returning the favor and reminding them for their political discussions. Fair is fair.

11. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 19:53 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:40:
You should consider reading up a bit before chiming in, as you don't appear to know what gender is.

I'm not in the dark. I know what "gender fluidity" and "gender neutral pronouns" are. I chose not to waste my time on it. There are only two genders: male and female and the vast majority of humans are one or the order.

Why is this even "a thing?"

10. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 19:43 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:12:
Surprisingly the biology around gender is not quite that "black and white". Although I'll grant you, it is a majority of the time.

Sex is a very clear choice that causes no confusion. Physically, a person is either male or female. What they think they are is all in mind. That's another field called psychology. Gender "fluidity" has no bearing on the natural science of biology, and to embrace it is a Pandora's box. I feel like society is reverting to the days when they used to burn women for perceived witchcraft. We look back at it and think, "what ignorance!" And yet it's happening now with gender.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2017, 19:53.

81. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 19:32 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:05:
Well since you asked.
POLITICS IS THE NEW RELIGION
PITNR

Which is fine to use if it happens to be a well-known anagram. Yours is not.

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:05:
Here is fine, the person whining about it is the same one that said he would stop posting in CIG/SC threads but he just can't quit them.

"Out of the Blue" and "Into the Black" is specifically for off-topic posts. BTW your link is broken. I had second thoughts about mentioning it. You might consider that "whining" too.

Edit: Quote fix

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2017, 20:05.

79. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 19:00 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 18:56:
PITNR

Would you like a cookie for creating a nonsensical anagram from PRINT?

78. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 18:57 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 18:44:
Is there a better place?

Yes. "Out of the Blue" and "Into the Black." That's where off-topic postings should go.

6. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 18:54 Kxmode

"Gender-neutral pronoun." That would be entirely appropriate to apply to gender-neutral outer-space aliens lived on earth. However, the entire human race has gender; and has always had gender since the beginning. People cannot say I am "X" when they are biological "Y."  

12652 Comments. 633 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo