Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14064 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 27, 2018, 21:22 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 20:54:
What a messed up legacy, if he hadn't been a tyrant the Jackson's wouldn't have ever amounted to anything on the other hand the money and fame has just about destroyed everything and everyone in it's path.

For the express purpose of the story I will say if he hadn't been a tyrant and pushed the kids into the music business, the Jacksons may have likely remained Jehovah's Witnesses; quietly engaged in the ministry and studying the Bible with people. Perhaps Michael Jackson could have become a family man and an elder in a congregation, and his sisters could have entered the missionary work in other countries. My understanding is Katherine Jackson is still an active Witness.

Anyhow, sad news for them. The death of parent is painful.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
17. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 20:16 Kxmode

Caladell wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 18:52:
KezClone wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 18:25:
sauron wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 16:11:
*Twitches and prevents self from re-installing GW2, FFXI, FFXIV, and especially LOTRO*.

Those things are crack, man, even if you're the Dark Lord.

Go for LOTRO!

I did it myself a few months back, even subscribed. It's still amazing!

Gah. Now I want to reinstall it...

Problem with LOTRO is "free" accounts have to pay money to get the quests in each map. As you might expect that can cost. If you want to tingle your nostalgia for free go GW2 and ESO.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2018, 20:11 Kxmode

ItBurn wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 13:48:
The Star Trek prime directive. A more advanced civilization will probably choose not to interfere with us. The lesser advanced, or equally advanced probably don't have the means to reach us. It's even possible that an advanced civilization will actively prevent early ones from communicating in order to let us "prove ourselves" as deserving first. With the size of things, I find it highly improbable that we'd be the only intelligent life in the universe. Also, claiming that we're the first is hard to justify because the odds are so so slim.

That was the premise of Contact.

TED: Hi, Sparks.
ELLIE: Dad? I missed you. Aren't you...?
TED: I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you, sweetheart.
ELLIE: You're not real. None of this is real!
TED: That's my scientist.
ELLIE: When I was unconscious, you downloaded my thoughts, my memories. Pensacola!
TED: We thought it might make things easier for you.
ELLIE: Why did you contact us?
TED: You contacted us. We were just listening.
ELLIE: There are others?
TED: Many others.
ELLIE: They all... travel here through that transit system you built?
TED: We didn't build it. We don't know who did. They were gone long before we ever got here. Maybe someday they'll come back.
ELLIE: All the civilizations you find come here?
TED: Not all.
ELLIE: Is this some test?
TED: No, no test. You have your mother's hands. You're an interesting species... an interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams... and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost. So cut off, so alone. Only you're not. You see in all our searching, all we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other.
ELLIE: What happens now?
TED: Now? You go home.
ELLIE: Home? But, I have so many questions. Do we get to come back?
TED: This was just a first step. In time, you'll take another.
ELLIE: But other people need to see what I've seen...
TED: This is the way it's been done for billions of years. Small moves, Ellie. Small moves.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised
1. Re: Oculus Rift Minimum Specs Raised Jun 27, 2018, 19:52 Kxmode

#TeamTinfoil  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2018, 18:50 Kxmode

sauron wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 16:17:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 12:38:
Revised system build.

New: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard - Rated the top mobo by several sites
New: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive - Rated the top SSD by several places
Keeping: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor - I don't plan on overclocking

I looked at several benchmarks for the 1080ti, and by all accounts they are impressive. Even more impressive is the 1080ti performs on-par or better in specific tests against the double-priced Titan X. The build above will give me at least 60 FPS with maxed settings in 4K. I am anticipating prices to drop over the next 12 months. My hope is the Volta-series 2080ti releasing some time this year will result in the 1080ti falling into the $400-$500 range, and push the build back on-par with my budget expectation of ~$1,500. I welcome your feedback and thoughts.

My thoughts:

The Uruk-Hai will be over to your place shortly to confiscate your system, which is clearly illegal in that it kicks the ass of all of our machines here at Barad-Dur. Especially the HD, mobo and CPU, not to mention the delicious GPU *commence ethereal drooling*.

In recognition of your donation to the cause of Mordor, it is likely that you may not be disemboweled (*this promise is not legally binding*).

If we are especially pleased, you may also receive a free hobbit (*or not, depending on supply, and upon number of hungry hench-creatures*).

Thank you and have a nice day.

Far over the budget's cold
To snack bowls deep and mancaves old
We must away, ere break of day
To build our pale enchanted gold!

The gamers of yore made mighty builds,
While Philips fell like ringing bells
In cases deep, where fast things creep,
In home and halls among the drills.

For ancient game and elvish toon
There many a gleaming victory boon
I shaped and wrought, and light caught
To hide machine under hilt of Ikea!

On silver solder, I have strung
The mental stars, on fumes they hung
A dragon I see on twisted wire
Next to the light of moon and sun

Mice and key carved there by me
And heaps of coin, where no man delve
There lay it long, costing a song
Was sung unheard by this old gamer so long!

*my precious*

News Comments > PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit
13. Re: PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit Jun 27, 2018, 18:33 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 15:54:
There is no explanation of why the suit was ended

Because it was a horseshit lawsuit?
Because Epic was just going to countersue them over the battlepass thing?
Because, for one brief moment, sanity reigned in the universe?

Because the powers that be gained 15% more money in their wallet by switching to Geico?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2018, 14:07 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 13:25:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 13:19:
No! It's never too early to do research.

I mean, half of those products may be impossible to find within 12 months. Especially the mobo.

My experience with hardware is prices fall until the item becomes obsolete. I anticipate falling prices and my savings to criss-cross at some point. Then I'll be ready to buy. I just getting the build ready now for later.

News Comments > More on Esports and the Olympics
3. Re: More on Esports and the Olympics Jun 27, 2018, 13:50 Kxmode

The Olympic Committee could create a new major international sporting event specifically for mind games and include the following.

- Backgammon
- Chess
- Checkers
- Chinese checkers
- ESports: FPS (via Overwatch)
- ESports: MOBA (via LOL)
- ESports: PVP (via WOW)
- ESports: RTS (via StarCraft 2)
- Focus
- Hex on a Go board
- Poker: 5-Card Draw
- Mahjong
- Reversi
- Sudoku
- Tic-Tac-Toe: Ultimate
- Mastermind
- Yahtzee

I think this would be popular. I know I'd watch.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2018, 14:04.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2018, 13:19 Kxmode

No! It's never too early to do research.  

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
7. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 13:16 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 12:54:
Anyone play this since the graphical update? How does it look?

Yes. Within the last 4-5 years. It's nothing like WOW's graphical overhaul, but it does look much better.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2018, 12:38 Kxmode

Revised system build.

New: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard - Rated the top mobo by several sites
New: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive - Rated the top SSD by several places
Keeping: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor - I don't plan on overclocking

I looked at several benchmarks for the 1080ti, and by all accounts they are impressive. Even more impressive is the 1080ti performs on-par or better in specific tests against the double-priced Titan X. The build above will give me at least 60 FPS with maxed settings in 4K. I am anticipating prices to drop over the next 12 months. My hope is the Volta-series 2080ti releasing some time this year will result in the 1080ti falling into the $400-$500 range, and push the build back on-par with my budget expectation of ~$1,500. I welcome your feedback and thoughts.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2018, 12:27 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 11:59:
Germany fails to advance out of the group stage in the World Cup. Wow. Finishing last in the group no less.

Wow! That's bad. To think in 2014, they destroyed the competition and went on to win the cup.

News Comments > More on Esports and the Olympics
1. Re: More on Esports and the Olympics Jun 27, 2018, 12:17 Kxmode

Esports doesn't belong in the Olympics for the same reason Chess doesn't belong. The Olympics is all about games of physical skill. While Chess and Esports have a competitive element, they are about strategy and out-thinking your opponent. But it's not Olympic material.  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 22:00 Kxmode

Hoop wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 20:41:
How many soccer moms will demand the reconfigurable wheel-track Humvee to drop the kids off at school?

Soccer moms drive Humvees? Go big while driving home!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Players paying up to $450 for disc-based copies of Fortnite… Jun 26, 2018, 20:15 Kxmode

Reminds me of Beanie Babies  

News Comments > The Crew 2 Gold Released
1. Re: The Crew 2 Gold Released Jun 26, 2018, 19:37 Kxmode

I think all games should be released on Friday. Perfect timing with the weekend.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 19:12 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 18:59:
If you're going to spend 800$ on a card right now, why not wait the extra 2 months and sort of "Future proof" your system for another 2 years more with 200$.

That's sounds good. I'm not buying right now. I'm saving $50 per check. When it reaches $1,500, then I'll get serious about shopping. Right now, I'm just doing homework.

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 18:59:
What I forgot to mention is I have 10K squared away for an 80" 4K display (if i can get it) and a new system to run the games and I'm just sitting and waiting for that next tech leap to do so.

Oh my goodness! Go big or go home. Or, Go big at home!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 14:49 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 14:26:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 13:30:
I believe this build will run 60FPS at 4K with most settings set to high or maxed. Can anyone confirm?

Ignore the missing components like the power supply. I plan on cannibalizing those from my current machine.

It's better to talk on tomshardware about this stuff. That's a high end build but I would wait a few months because the next generation of Geforce is supposed to be coming. the 1180 basically. I'm currently running an i7-4700k, noctua DH-14 fan, 16 GIGs of old slow DDR3, a first or second generation intel 480 gig SSD (it works great) and a GeForce 980Ti and I'm running pretty muche everything on ultra at 1080p. I'm currently waiting for the next generation of geforce to do a build pretty much exactly like that (K processor instead of the base 8700). 4K 60 FPS is hard to get with most games even with a 1080 Ti.. which is why you should wait a little and go for the next generation. Current benchmarks are showing usual FPS on ultra for those games at 4K around 40fps.

My understanding is the 1080 ti was specifically designed for 4K quality beyond 60 FPS. If someone doesn't have a 4K display then the 1080 ti is a waste of money.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 13:30 Kxmode

I believe this build will run 60FPS at 4K with most settings set to high or maxed. Can anyone confirm?

Ignore the missing components like the power supply. I plan on cannibalizing those from my current machine.

14. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 13:08 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 07:30:
I want to say it was more than number of cells we have, but that feels like it can't be right...

One of the scientists said, "We're 90% microbes. 10% human." I found that humorous and humbling.

P.S. Tardigrades are awesome!

14064 Comments. 704 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo