Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13716 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2018, 23:13 Kxmode

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 22:14:
Lost power for 24 hours but no tree assaults, thank darkmatter.

Shout out to dark energy for keeping my planet off the skeets.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2018, 23:11 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 09:59:
Wait, now you're claiming Jesus is 14 billion years old?

This stuff isn't in any organized religion, is it? This seems 100% kxmode. And an inch away from believing in something like David koresh.

A lot of stuff isn't in any organized religion. Like, for example, God's proper name or the insistence that Jesus is Almighty God, when there are countless verses that state otherwise. However, it's not hard to come to a conclusion when you have both pieces of information.

Bible: (Colossians 1:15,16) He [Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible

Science: Space.com from Jun 7, 2017 - "In 2012, WMAP estimated the age of the universe to be 13.772 billion years, with an uncertainty of 59 million years. In 2013, Planck measured the age of the universe at 13.82 billion years."

You extrapolate the two to come to a reasonable answer. That's what scientists do.

Typo: changed "he insistence" to "the insistence"

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2018, 19:35.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2018, 23:03 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 19:13:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 18:49:
Stephen Hawking's knows a great deal, but when it comes to what happened before the big bang,
Man, are you dense. Hawking didn't claim to know anything about what happened prior to the big bang. The headline is a lie. As I said before -- Hawking basically implies the question doesn't make any sense.

Hawking did not basically imply the question doesn't make any sense. Go read the article. He's giving plenty of concrete "here's what happened" answers and statements. That implies he knows WHAT happened before the singularity that birthed the universe.

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
7. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 5, 2018, 22:57 Kxmode

Grim Fandango 2! Yes. "Grim Dawn." Sigh  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2018, 18:49 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 16:49:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 14:11:

Really? Scientists don't know what "darkmatter/energy/whatchamacallit" is even though the stuff makes up 96% of the -- at present -- known universe. That's a REALLY big unknown variable. I think before he makes such a bold claim, he should try and find out what that elusive nougat is. Or should we simply take his word on faith?

Speaking of which, since we're in faithland, I'd like to state when time began using the Bible.

(Colossians 1:15,16) "He [or Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,"

Jehovah God did not need "time." Time as a construct only came into existence after Jesus.

It is really something to observe religion attempt to co-opt science, after hundreds of years of fighting it. Almost like a dog licking its own asshole.

It is more about making baseless claims. Dark matter/energy is an 800-pound elephant in the room that continues to baffle scientists, and yet they make claims of knowing what happened before the big bang. Really?! Human's can't predict the future with any level of precision, so how can they predict billion of years into the past with a hulking anomaly like dark matter/energy? Frankly, it is human arrogance. Stephen Hawking's knows a great deal, but when it comes to what happened before the big bang, he knows as much as an ant knows about the weather.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2018, 18:38 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 14:33:
Jesus invented time? That's a new one. How old do you think the world is?

No. Jehovah God created time, remember as a construct, after creating Jesus. From the moment of Jesus' "birth," time moved forward, and measured events in the universe and upon the earth. Even Jehovah God himself follows a schedule. An example of this is found in a common statement by Jesus, "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36) Perhaps some form of time existed before Jesus. I do not know, but what I can say is when it started, according to an extrapolation of what the Bible says.

According to proven scientific methods the earth is around 4 billion years old. The universe is around 14 billion; just in case you would like to know how old Jesus is.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2018, 17:46 Kxmode

Watched two great anime films that I personally recommend.

- Wolf Children (the feels run deep)
- The Boy and The Beast (laughed more than a few times)

Both made by the same studio.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2018, 14:11 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 11:15:
If Stephen Hawking claims to know what happened before the big bang then it's the gospel.

Really? Scientists don't know what "dark matter/energy/whatchamacallit" is even though the stuff makes up 96% of the -- at present -- known universe. That's a REALLY big unknown variable. I think before he makes such a bold claim, he should try and find out what that elusive nougat is. Or should we simply take his word on faith?

Speaking of which, since we're in faithland, I'd like to state when time began using the Bible.

(Colossians 1:15,16) "He [or Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,"

Jehovah God did not need "time." Time as a construct only came into existence after Jesus.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2018, 14:23.

News Comments > 0N 0W Launches
15. Re: Foxtail Early Access Mar 3, 2018, 04:50 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 00:44:
Orogogus wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 20:15:
Slick wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 20:07:
Wouldn't 0 degrees north make the degrees "west" redundant? Seems that it would be at the pole, so it could be 0, 10, or 100 degrees west, and they'd be the exact same place.

Zero degrees north would be at the equator, not the pole, wouldn't it? The pole would be 90 degrees north.

Nobody knows

The Illuminati knows.

News Comments > Foxtail Early Access
2. Re: Foxtail Early Access Mar 3, 2018, 04:49 Kxmode

Glad for the updated wishlist. Now I can add EA games that look interesting and filter them out until released.  

News Comments > 0N 0W Launches
6. Re: 0N 0W Launches Mar 2, 2018, 13:42 Kxmode

0N 0W (pronounced "Zero North, Zero West")

Not to be THAT guy, but isn't it pronounced "Zero degrees North, Zero degrees West?"

News Comments > Crytek CEO Change
9. Re: Crytek CEO Change Mar 1, 2018, 05:21 Kxmode

"Cry 'Tek!' and let slip the dogs* of war."

*Avni Yerli and Faruk Yerli aren't dogs.

News Comments > BATTLETECH in April
16. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 28, 2018, 14:09 Kxmode

Last crowdfunded title I backed. Happy to see the dev stuck to their word.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2018, 16:16 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 19:08:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 16:48:
I do not know about those things. I only know what I see and hear.
You haven't seen or heard his total disregard for the legal process? He honestly believes he is above it.

I find his lying simply fascinating. I have little doubt he actually believes he is telling the truth during many of his lies, despite many of them being demonstrably untrue. This is what makes the lies pathological. He literally can not stop himself. And he thinks no one will realize he is lying, because he thinks it is normal, he thinks everyone else is doing the same thing.

Those are symptoms of sociopathic tendencies and he's within the spectrum, but to what degree is unknown. He can function within society, barely, so he may well be a "high functioning sociopath."

News Comments > Fortnite Adds New Mode; Getting Jetpacks
3. Re: Fortnite Adds New Mode; Getting Jetpacks Feb 27, 2018, 16:10 Kxmode

Meanwhile Paragon is balling in the corner. Crying  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 26, 2018, 13:33 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 15:25:
Good to see KCD up there. This game deserves it. 55 hours in and still in love.

I'm getting serious CD Projekt Red vibes off this team. Imagine when their "KCD 3" comes out. Immershun!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2018, 16:48 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 09:06:
Although he lacks a normal level of empathy for others, I doubt he is an actual sociopath. You did however forgot to mention that he is:

nihilistic --
1) of or believing in nihilism, or the total rejection of established laws and institutions

pathological liar --
1) a person who tells lies frequently, with no rational motive for doing so.

racist --
1) a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

I do not know about those things. I only know what I see and hear. He strikes me as an arrogant, narcississtic, sociopath. Ever seen Sherlock with Bumpersticker Copperplate? Yeah, it is like that personality; minus the solving of crimes and mysteries. Even in the show, Sherlock says he is a "high-functioning sociopath."

Beamer wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 07:00:
Welcome to the political party, pal.

Non-Political observations are non-political. In other words, you can make observations about THE man, wholly divorced from anything political. As a man, Donald Trump appears to be low-class individual irrespective of his wealth.

17. Non-Political Observations Feb 20, 2018, 22:58 Kxmode

Arrogant - Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's importance or abilities.

Narcissistic - Having an excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.

Sociopath - A person with a personality disorder that manifests itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a weak or lack of conscience. A sociopath lacks empathy, or the ability to stand in someone elses shoes and understand how they feel.

Donald Trump is an arrogant, narcissistic, sociopath. He lacks empathy for anyone but himself as is shown continuously. I want to say the man is a psychopath (his weapon of choice are words, and he wields them with no regrets or remorse), but I don't know if he lacks a functioning conscience. What I do know is that the way in which he talks and expresses himself, including his hour's long tirades on social media, are the symptoms of a man suffering from full-blown sociopathic behavior. Perhaps "suffering" is the wrong word. It would appear he relishes in his power and authority. All I know is he is the most powerful man on the planet. History is rife with people with mental illnesses who have received positions of power. In virtually every situation it never turned out well.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
14. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 15:17 Kxmode

Elite Dangerous: Beyond
Chapter One
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2018, 12:50 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 22:46:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 20:27:
The media turned Get Out and Black Panther's successes into some sort of racial victory. Frankly, the majority watching these films literally didn't care about race. All they want is a good story, good character development, and good special effects (when appropriate). That's it. Everything else is nonsense.

13%, at least, really, really fucking cared about something else.

Also, it's hard to tell if the movie will have those things, and Black Panther's special effects were terrible. People didn't make it the biggest February movie of all time because they felt it would have a good story and good character development. Do you think people expected it to be a better story and better character development than Guardians of the Galaxy 2? Than Captain America: Civil War? Because it blew their opening weekends out of the water.

Dr. Strange was another new, weird Marvel property that recently opened. Black Panther has already made more, in 5 days, than it did in its entire run.

What do you think caused that?

The movie had excellent marketing behind it that pulled in the initial crowds, then word of mouth pulled in more. Also, it's a Marvel film in February. What else is there to watch in February? Exactly. Nothing.

13716 Comments. 686 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo