Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16051 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3

31. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 23, 2019, 16:51 Kxmode

Rilcon wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 15:34:
A high percentage want nothing to do with EGS and would have bought BL3 on Steam
Got a source on that, mate?

Here are the facts.

EGS = 90-100 million total registered accounts
Steam = 90-100 million ACTIVE monthly accounts (one billion total registered accounts). It's important to note the distinction between total registered and active monthly. They are not the same.

Based on that, probability math can help establish reasonably accurate conclusions.

If an equal percentage of Steam and EGS consumers remained excited about BL3 before release (which is plausible given both games released on Steam and grew its fanbase there), then the numbers are higher for Steam than EGS given its user base. In other words, that many could buy but chose not to because as noted in my previous comment, 1. No other choice but EGS and 2. won't buy games from EGS. Despite the "success" Take 2 is touting, the fact remains the lack of Steam sales crippled that success.

It's not complicated.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 23, 2019, 15:31 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 14:11:
Hahahahahaha MEGALOL @ all the EGS hater parrots

Gotta face the truth, you whiny babies, you are maybe a 3% minority. The vast majority of gamers doesn't give a shit and just plays the games they want, no matter where they are released.

Suck it up and weep silently, please. It's embarrassing to see grown men in tears like this.

Classic tribal mentality: "My team is better than yours."

Worth considering:

1. A high percentage want nothing to do with EGS and would have bought BL3 on Steam.
2. If given a choice between Steam or Epic a high number would have purchased on Steam (that includes EGS customers)

The probability is the game would have been more successful on both EGS and Steam (representing a complete picture of the PC platform) and less successful on EGS (by itself is not the entire PC platform).

I don't see the boosting of PC sales as a success. I only see it as a validation that the Epic Game Store did well despite its myriad of issues and missing features. As noted above, it doesn't represent success on PC because Steam is missing from the equation. You can say, "it doesn't matter." It very much matters since Steam IS the most significant player on the block.

TL;DR - Take 2's data is missing a vital consumer base effectively crippling their stats. Epic was only "successful" because they held PC gamers hostage to only buy from their platform. That's not success.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

23. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 23, 2019, 15:03 Kxmode

How much more so could it have been had they gone EGS and Steam? The world will never know.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Shenmue III Backer Steam Key Plans Hazy Sep 22, 2019, 16:02 Kxmode

R.I.P. Eisenberg. The first Ferengi in Starfleet. He gave a great performance in the "The Siege of AR-558" and follow-up "It's Only a Paper Moon". Great actor. Salute  

News Comments > Op Ed

21. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2019, 18:23 Kxmode

KS wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 08:39:
El Pit wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 17:40:
Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 13:46:
El Pit wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 12:31:
Don't keep that money - give it to your God ChrisT Roberts!"

Fixed that for you. Such a missed opportunity.

Damn! Thanks, mate!

Fyi that is the Christ in Christopher. And remember that, next time someone looks oddly at Mexicans naming kids Jesus.

But it's not pronounced Jesus but "Hey Zuez."

News Comments > Untitled Goose Game Flies Out

6. Re: Untitled Goose Game Flies Out Sep 21, 2019, 18:18 Kxmode

Really hate the art style.  

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?

28. Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 21, 2019, 18:11 Kxmode

necrosis wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 01:25:
Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 20:20:
It doesn't matter how much Epic is paying it matters if they - devs - would have sold more without the exclusive. Meh, whatevs, 10 mil for a game to sit around for a year while they polish it and sell the 'finished' version everywhere else for cheaper later on? I'm fine with that as Epic seems to be fine with wasting its money.

There is that but there is also the fact byt the time it hits Steam (at least I) how many will actually give a shit about the game? I already care little about Metro anymore.

Also I would not be surprised if these dumb asses try and sell it on steam for $60 because it is "new". They did this shit with console games when they came to PC (even years) after they were on console.

It'll flop on Steam if they charge full-price. That would be the proverbial salt on the wound.

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?

4. Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 20, 2019, 22:11 Kxmode

This can't be financially sustainable  

News Comments > Op Ed

14. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2019, 18:45 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 15:04:
Game-development-as-a-service

Early-Access-Game-Development-as-a-Service. FTFY.

News Comments > Op Ed

13. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2019, 18:44 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 12:31:
Billy Graham: "Weeeelcooooome to the Star Citizen Church! And remember, oh you faithful people - the more you giveth, the closer you are to paradise! Don't keep that money - give it to your God Chris Roberts!"

"Don't know how? Heavens to betsy! We have all kinds of fancy new JPGs you can spend your seed money on and if you don't send us money, God will be extremely angry with you. Chris be praised! Tabernacle!"

News Comments > Op Ed

12. Re: Op Ed Sep 20, 2019, 18:37 Kxmode

"Chris Roberts has spent seven eight years

Development began in 2011. Chris spent a year and over a million dollars working with the Crytek folks to create the announcement trailer that debut at GDC Online in Austin in 2012.

That said, perspective is essential. Here is a list of the video games that spent a long time in development.

Half-Life 2: 1999-2004 (5 years)
Final Fantasy 12: 2000-2006 (6 years)
Resident Evil 4: 1999-2005 (6 years)
Deus Ex: 1994-2000 (6 years)
The Last Guardian: 2009-2015 (6 years)
L.A. Noire: 2004-2011 (7 years)
Aliens Colonial Marines: 2006-2013 (7 years)
Galleon: 1997-2004 (7 years)
Spore: 2000-2008 (8 years)
Star Citizen: 2011-2019 (8 years)
Too Human: 1999-2008 (9 years)
Team Fortress 2: 1998-2007 (9 years)
Final Fantasy 15: 2006-2016 (10 years)
Diablo 3: 2001-2012 (11 years)
Prey: 1995-2006 (11 years)
StarCraft 2: 2003-2015 (12 years)
Duke Nukem Forever: 1996-2011 (15 years)

Comparatively, TF2, D3, SC2, and FF15 took longer to publish.

News Comments > Shenmue III Backer Steam Key Plans Hazy

3. Re: Shenmue III Backer Steam Key Plans Hazy Sep 20, 2019, 18:16 Kxmode

Platform agnostic crowdfunding AND third-party exclusivity. What could possibly go wrong?  

News Comments > French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales

7. Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales Sep 19, 2019, 21:35 Kxmode

Although you pay full price for titles on Steam, you do not own games you buy on Steam.

Excuse me? I beg to differ Valve. Unless it's a service like Netflix or World of Warcraft, the products I purchased on Steam are digital goods covered under basic consumer protection laws. If you want to say, "you can't trade because our platform doesn't offer that" that's fine. But don't claim you own MY purchased good.

If they go that path, I'll start buying from GOG.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Hotfix and Troubleshooting Tips

5. Re: Borderlands 3 Hotfix and Troubleshooting Tips Sep 19, 2019, 20:50 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 16:07:
I have many co-op hours in and we have had no issues whatsoever. Basic little bugs affecting a subset of users and everyone magnifies it just to feed into the EGS hate campaign lmao

Obviously a subset of people would be affected by the issue since you haven't encountered the bug. PC games do not have a uniform platform, so that's always going to happen. But that's not the issue here. Hotfixes only occur when an emergency deems it necessary to fix a problem ASAP. Epic wouldn't have elevated such a thing to a hotfix status if the number of users affected was small as you're implying. IOW a lot of people were affected by the cloud-save bug.

TL;DR - it's not a "hate campaign" bruv.

News Comments > A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced

8. Re: A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced Sep 19, 2019, 18:18 Kxmode

How can a heart expression find?
How should another know your mind?
Will he discern what quickens you?
A thought once uttered is untrue.
Dimmed is the fountainhead when stirred:
drink at the source and speak no word.

News Comments > A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced

7. Re: A Total War Saga: TROY Officially Announced Sep 19, 2019, 18:11 Kxmode

Achilles? More like A-kill-these.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Hotfix and Troubleshooting Tips

2. Re: Borderlands 3 Hotfix and Troubleshooting Tips Sep 19, 2019, 13:03 Kxmode

Thank you, Epic Game Store customers for beta testing for the bug-free Steam release next year. Salute  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Next Week

4. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Open Beta Next Week Sep 18, 2019, 22:08 Kxmode

Beta is the new Alpha  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Event Launches

9. Re: No Man's Sky Event Launches Sep 18, 2019, 20:00 Kxmode

Nimh wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 16:06:
Murray’s eyes were bigger than his stomach. A lot of us have probably made similar mistakes in life, albeit under less public scrutiny. It's a 100% complete game at the moment, anything they add extra is just gravy.

Was listening to the Deus Ex: HR developer content the other night and they were doing the same thing early on in the cycle. That's game dιveloppement. You dream big and try to get there. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it's does.

He disrespected me and others by not telling us the truth about his product when we willingly gave him the benefit of the doubt as an indie studio, and we trusted the information conveyed to spend FULL-PRICE. Being honest with customers in all business actions is the number one rule a business should follow, and that includes marketing products. A company willing to go down the path of being dishonest with consumers is slime and anyone who says "well, he should get a pass" because it happened years ago and the game is in a better state is foolish. As a businessman, he gets no respect from me. I will not buy products from Hello Games as long as Sean Murray is running the company.

That said, if people enjoy the game today, that's cool. I'm not disparaging others who enjoy the game.

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 17:20 :
I know it is hard Kx, but you really should just flush your mind of those bad feelings and try the game. As sore as you are about the launch only tells me how hyped you were to play it, and that game mostly exists now. If you could either forgive or forget I suspect you would really enjoy playing the game. But hey, whatever makes you happy.

I'm over No Man's Sky and want nothing to do with it.

News Comments > Herogrinder Demo

1. Re: Herogrinder Demo Sep 18, 2019, 19:40 Kxmode

Another #MeToo clone  

16051 Comments. 803 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >