Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15258 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Press Release
8. Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Press Release Apr 15, 2019, 00:43 Kxmode

The trailer uses in-game assets but it's not clips of game play. Which begs the question, why didn't they just make a proper CG trailer?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2019, 16:51 Kxmode

GOT Season 8 premiering a day before Tax Day. Death and Taxes!  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2019, 17:47 Kxmode

This film is the senate  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing
20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2019, 14:33 Kxmode

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 12, 2019, 07:36:
I thought this entire post was humorous. Fact is that a RTX 2060 can't effectively do ray tracing with it built on the chip let alone doing it through software.

At this point in time, ray tracing is merely a gimmick. If you buy a card just for ray tracing you have mental issues.

I agree with your points up to the "you have mental issue." A person deciding to buy a video card for a feature you believe doesn't live up to the hype of what it is doesn't have a mental issue. That's merely a poor decision.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2019, 02:15 Kxmode

Star Trek Discovery Season 2 Episode 13 was fantastic! For the first time we get to see the interior of the U.S.S. Enterprise, and it does NOT disappoint. They got so many details right that I had to rewatch several time to take it all in. But off-hand they had the turn-handle device in the turbolift! And the bridge: holy moly. No expense was spared (displays, sounds, the captain's chair; this IS the Enterprise from TOS just modernized). So much attention to detail. Beyond that, the performances from all were spectacular with a special nod to Sonequa Martin-Green (as Michael Burnham) and Anson Mount (as a stellar Christopher Pike). If you've not watched the show, I highly recommend starting with Season 2. The part-2 finale airs next week, so you have time to binge-catch-up. I hear the show is going in a radical new direction that will completely resync it with the TOS/prime timeline. What that is I don't know. Have to wait until next week and season three.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2019, 19:10 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:16:
Pigeon wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 10:36:
Has anyone had any issues since the windows(10) update this Tuesday? Both my desktop and laptop have been having stability issues.

None so far...

Same here.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2019, 18:35 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 12:09:
These fucking chinese scientists have never seen planet of the apes!

YOU IDIOTS! YOU BLEW IT UP!!!! DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!

Ah. Poor Heston. Get this man some super chunky Skippy.

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2019, 19:25.

15. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 17:56 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 17:49:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 17:27:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 17:25:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:42:
Nucas wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:22:
its smart a smart move, give more people raytracing access and hope the industry cares about adopting it.

Morgan Freeman, Narrator: "But they didn't adopt it for the same reason a man won't adopt a new way of peeling a potato. Once you get proficient at doing something a thousand times, it's slower to try a new way and all you see is the time you've wasted. Throw in the cost of a new knife and folks find they're happy with what they have."
I totally heard Freeman's voice in my head when I read that.
Me too
three

Morgan Freeman's or Missy Elliott's?

News Comments > More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store
52. Re: More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Apr 11, 2019, 17:49 Kxmode

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 13:13:
These EPIC Store debates are getting better action than a Star Citizen thread ....

Well, EGS exclusives affects EVERY Steam user/shopper/supporter so quite naturally the popcorn is bigger and saltier.

11. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 15:38 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 15:06:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 14:52:
Are there any benchmarks that show what the performance hit is with DXRRT enabled?

In the comprehensive article Nvdia shows benches... and the mean it when they say "basic" support. 1080 with 20 and lower FPS

Bummer. That's what I thought. So I'm just going to save up and buy a 2080TI. Go big or go home.

5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Support Anno 1800 Beta and DXR Ray Tracing Apr 11, 2019, 14:52 Kxmode

Are there any benchmarks that show what the performance hit is with DXRRT enabled?  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2019, 14:41 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 12:23:
uh, because i already forgot it
I didn't care for Split if that means anything. shamalan must not be my cuppa, i only have myself to blame

Interesting. No blame. Thanks for sharing!

I liked the movie for the attention to details between all three. For example, putting the name of the three films together -- "UNBREAKABLE, SPLIT GLASS" -- essentially explains the trilogy, and even more so in the context of Glass's character. Next, I truly enjoyed the acting. All of the actors were good, but McAvoy killed it with his range and ability to change personalities so drastically on cue. Lastly, I liked the story with its many layers. The most important thing worth noting is Unbreakable is the first comic book film to present comic book characters as real people with real flaws; something that would not be seen until years later with Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy in 2004 and Heroes in 2006. Shyamalan established the framework years in advanced.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2019, 11:48 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 11:29:
er, just sharing what myself, critics and the average view of the general populace. in those averages some thought it was the bomb while others thought it bombed
that's all

So, ignoring the critics and what other people said about it, why do YOU think the film is forgettable?

News Comments > More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store
25. Re: More from Tim Sweeney on the Epic Games Store Apr 11, 2019, 11:26 Kxmode

Once a conspiracy theory takes root, a person loses the ability to reason. So trying to reason with words that something isn't so is like trying to stop a raging fire with spit.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2019, 11:17 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 11, 2019, 09:56:
Glass scored a B on cinemascore.com
I would call it forgettable. 42/100 on https://www.metacritic.com/movie/glass/critic-reviews

That's your opinion and the critics share it. I disagree.

7. Chuck Norris a Day Calendar Apr 11, 2019, 11:15 Kxmode

"Chuck Norris' pulse is measured on the Richter scale." Coffee  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2019, 06:45 Kxmode

The Glass film is amazing. That is all.

Giggle Veryangry Snuh

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 10, 2019, 19:49 Kxmode

Windows is the Food-4-Less of personal computing. Actually, forget that. Windows is the CostCo of personal computing. Gotta find a box to put your stuff in.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2019, 17:56 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 17:58:
You are a hilarious guy.

Are you not entertained?

News Comments > Ex-Valve Dev on Epic Games Store
89. Re: Re: Ex-Valve Dev on Epic Games Store Apr 10, 2019, 15:11 Kxmode

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 18:28:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 17:41:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Apr 9, 2019, 12:19:
I keep hearing that Epic does nothing for PC gaming, as if they didn't create and constantly update Unreal Engine or something. I mean if they really wanted to, they could be the only place to buy games that used unreal.

"Epic does nothing for PC gaming" means their openness about abandoning the PC platform for consoles as it was, according to Tim's thoughts at the time, the future. Epic keeps updating its Unreal engine because plenty of console titles use it.

Ohhh please, Epic didn't abandon the PC, they had to expand their business model to include consoles to increases their market share and profit margins. Do you really believe that a gaming studio has no business expanding their target demographic? Epic recently unveiled their ray tracing features in Unreal engine, tell me exactly which conslow was that targeted at?

https://www.wired.com/2008/03/unreal-creator/

Entire article quoted for context:

Epic Games co-founder Tim Sweeney thinks consoles are beating PCs, and the PC gaming industry has no one to blame but themselves.

The industry, he says, has changed dramatically over the last decade, and that the constant advancements in technology have given game creators an excuse to cater specifically to the tiny portion of PC gamers who own high-end systems.

This shift leaves all those with lower specifications what Sweeney calls the "mainstream PC" out in the cold with computers much better suited for "Facebook, MySpace, pirating music or whatever," and as a result, that becomes those computers' sole function.

Consoles, which are an unchanging platform designed and marketed for one purpose, he argues, simply beat PC games by virtue of the "mainstream" audience that they don't neglect.

PC gaming fans may remember the recent, eerily similar words of Epic Games Lead Designer Cliff Bleszinski, who said the company is focusing so heavily on console development because "the PC is just in disarray."

In Epic's defense, after Bleszinski's comments Epic's Vice President Mark Rein came out in fervent support of the recently announced PC gaming alliance, but does anyone else get the feeling that Epic's love affair with PC gaming has fizzled?

Unreal creator Tim Sweeney: "PCs are good for anything, just not games"

They along with Cliff Bleszinski have shown where their loyalties lie with PC gaming. However, that's completely separate from the Unreal engine, which, as stated before, powers a lot of console products. So obviously Epic would need to keep their engine updated.

15258 Comments. 763 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo