Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12956 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
63. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 00:58 Kxmode

Comet wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 16:12:
No matter if you think CIG will or will not deliver the game during this century, there is one think anyone should understand.

I actually like having more than one think.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM Trailer
1. Re: Agents of MAYHEM Jun 27, 2017, 00:56 Kxmode

Meritorious Agents You Hope Engage Masterfully

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
28. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 26, 2017, 14:49 Kxmode

Time is like a predator; it's stalking Star Citizen. Oh, Mr. Roberts can try and outrun it with demos, conventions, flashy videos. But in the end, time is going to hunt down the project... and make the kill.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2017, 01:28 Kxmode

Well, I'm done with the Steam sale.

80 Days - $3.99
Apotheon - $3.74
Cook, Serve, Delicious! - $1.99
Deponia - $0.99
Deponia Doomsday - $6.79
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition ROW - $4.99
FINAL FANTASY XIII (NE) - $7.99
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity - $19.99
Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China - $8.99
Four Last Things - $4.79
Gothic 3 (NA) - $2.49
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak - $16.99
Hyper Light Drifter - $9.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Complete Pack - $9.99
Knights of Pen and Paper 2 - $1.99
Lara Croft GO - $3.39
LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII - $9.99
Lili: Child of Geos - $4.99
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $4.99
Melody's Escape - $3.39
Old Man's Journey - $7.19
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition - $9.99
Out There: Omega Edition + Soundtrack - $5.09
Pillars of Eternity Hero Edition - $17.99
Redout - $13.99
Riptide GP: Renegade - $4.99
Saints Row IV - $3.74
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - $3.74
Shadwen - $4.24
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - $17.49
Sniper Elite 4 - $29.99
Stories: Path of Destinies - $3.74
Submerged - $3.99
Syberia - $1.94
Syberia 2 - $1.94
The Fidelio Incident - $9.89
The Little Acre - $5.19
The Metronomicon - $9.99
The Room Two - $1.24
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - $2.99
The Walking Dead - $6.24
The Walking Dead Season 2 - $6.24
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - $7.49
Volume - $4.99

Total $316.76

P.S. Please don't judge me. I work very hard and saved up my money for this sale.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
57. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 23, 2017, 13:16 Kxmode

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 11:57:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 11:24:
Considering "No Man's Sky" for $24. Even with all its' problems it is probably worth that much... but I'm still having trouble pulling the trigger.
I think that's still too much for it.

It has $15 dollars worth of content.

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Video
4. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Video Jun 22, 2017, 21:40 Kxmode

The E3 trailer made me believe the game was close to completion. A tech demo tells me the exact opposite. Also, I see definite nods to Star Citizen. I wonder if this is UbiSoft's answer to Star Citizen's "success?"

Guess we'll wait and see what happens.

37. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 21:01 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 19:17:
I need the ability to add a weight score to the games I have in my wishlist. It has grown so large, it would be ideal to sort by how I've previously rated my anticipation.

Here's how I manage mine. Maybe it can help you.

I see the wishlist as vetted games I wish to buy, so I'm less choosy about which one to buy. That said, I rank my wishlist in order of most wanted to least wanted. In other words, I am more willing to pay full price for the first ten or so titles. However, discounts take priority over all, and I will delay purchasing for sales events. My minimum discount is 50% for all games and 60% for AAA-rated titles.

36. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 20:39 Kxmode

Based on my personal experience:

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 19:59:
Banished? I'd pass. Once you've built a village that can survive there's nothing else to do. No forward/upward tiers to aspire to.

Agreed. The game combines the worse form of micro-management with brain dead AI. It's like a village full of suicidal people. Isn't that a M. Night Shyamalan film?

31. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 18:44 Kxmode

Bought 29 games from my Wishlist.

Redout - $13.99
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak - $16.99
Riptide GP: Renegade - $4.99
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition ROW - $4.99
The Walking Dead - $6.24
The Walking Dead Season 2 - $6.24
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - $7.49
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - $2.99
Lara Croft GO - $3.39
Syberia - $1.94
Syberia 2 - $1.94
Volume - $4.99
Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China - $8.99
Melody's Escape - $3.39
Submerged - $3.99
Deponia Doomsday - $6.79
Stories: Path of Destinies - $3.74
80 Days - $3.99
Lili: Child of Geos - $4.99
Cook, Serve, Delicious! - $1.99
FINAL FANTASY XIII (NE) - $7.99
LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII - $9.99
Out There: &#937; Edition + Soundtrack - $5.09
The Little Acre - $5.19
Four Last Things - $4.79
Old Man's Journey - $7.19
The Fidelio Incident - $9.89
The Metronomicon - $9.99
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter - $17.49

Total: $191.66

I'll definitely get to them. Just wanted to buy them while they were on sale.

27. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 17:09 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:58:
Nothing worth a damn to buy.

Tell us how you really feel.

20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 15:52 Kxmode

$137.12 in my Cart. Hoping Valve stabilizes Steam within the next hour or so that I can complete my purchase.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2017, 14:51 Kxmode

Ron Howard is stepping in to direct Han Solo movie. He's a great character director and his body of work is impressive. Willow, A Beautiful Mind, Frost/Nixon, Apollo 13, Gung Ho, and Cocoon. Great news! Thumbsup  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Thursday
37. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 22, 2017, 14:12 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 02:36:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 14:20:
Kinguin is okay, but there are constantly better deals on CDKeys, GreenManGaming, and a handful others. Nevermind the fact that Kinguin has a $3 "buyer protection" tax. CDkeys doesn't charge that. The price you see is the price you pay.

You can decline the protection with the click of a button xP GMG hasn't ever had lower prices than Kinguin. Maybe on a very rare circumstance.

What I'm saying is CDKeys bakes protection into the price. Kenguin provides the opt-out but they don't guarantee protection. That's what I was referring to.

I think charging $3 for key protection is shady. It's the responsibility of the platform to ensure buyer protection. Buying keys is already a gray market. It would behoove Kinguin and G2A to make protection a standard feature, not a premium.

8. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 14:02 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 13:38:
Xero wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 13:31:
I might be blind, but I don't see any deals on the front, lol. They all look nearly full price.

LOL, yeah, now I see it. Looks like the sale panels are there, but none of the discounts were loaded. I guess at a company where everyone can do what they want, no one wants to do testing.

Apparently, the Pillars of Eternity devs jacked up the price ahead of Steam's summer sale. I would recommend key sellers as a viable alternative.

7. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 13:59 Kxmode

It would appear the service has finally run out of steam.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 17:36 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 11:12:
Good!

Fire those idiots who are directing Han Solo and hire the guys who did Rogue One.

Here's my preferred list:
- George Nolfi
- brothers Peter and Michael Spierig
- Frank Darabont
- Sam Mendes

28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 21, 2017, 14:20 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 13:53:
Kinguin ftw.

Btw is it too crazy to think PayPal has the greenlight from Steam to announce this? Good to fair chance it's some kind of business deal between PP and Steam. Only real argument against that I can think of is that Steam don't need no deals wid dem partners.

Kinguin is okay, but there are constantly better deals on CDKeys, GreenManGaming, and a handful others. Nevermind the fact that Kinguin has a $3 "buyer protection" tax. CDkeys doesn't charge that. The price you see is the price you pay.

27. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jun 21, 2017, 14:16 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 12:28:
Shineyguy wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 09:12:
That's great, but most of the time unless the developer/publisher is putting up the game on that site, neither is seeing any of your money.

Basically, it's as good as pirating at that point.

That's a pretty strange mindset. The keys aren't "fake." They were generated and sold by the developer/publisher and then resold to cdkeys.com. If the keys were stolen or otherwise fraudulent, they either wouldn't activate or they'd get revoked. Neither has occurred with any keys I've purchased. So yes, the developer/publisher has already been compensated for the keys and they are perfectly legit.

This. Methinks Shineyguy would benefit from learning something about the digital key business before blathering in ignorance.

23. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 21, 2017, 11:27 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 00:41:
Unfortunately, Prey, Resident Evil 7, etc. are all too new to really get discounted.

Prey + DLC (Steam, all regions) - $33.79 [CDKeys.com]
Resident Evil 7 (Steam, all regions) - $46.99 [GreenManGaming.com]

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Being DDoSed
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Being DDoSed Jun 21, 2017, 11:16 Kxmode

D_K_night wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 10:47:
why would people want to DDOS final fantasy? sheesh

Gamer rage

12956 Comments. 648 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo