Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13178 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
23. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 15, 2017, 10:52 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:32:
Drama, drama... From here on, I will wait for the great final: either "Star Citizen Goes Gold" or "Star Citizen: How The Mighty Have Fallen". Which means: I won't read any article on SC coming out in the next 10 years or so.

Then how will you get your monthly intake of popcorn? Popcorn

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wild West Online Closed Alpha
1. Re: Wild West Online Closed Alpha Sep 15, 2017, 10:24 Kxmode

I'm going to name my character Jim West.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
65. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 15, 2017, 00:50 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 00:15:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 23:58:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 20:40:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 14:38:
Imagine this. You being a money person, Steven Spielberg came to you and pitched a movie about horses during World War 2. Given his history with this genre, you jump at the chance. Then you see "Warhorse, " and you regret the decision. Star Citizen is Chris Roberts' "Warhorse."
Haha! Nice analogy Kx.

Hey, at least Spielberg finished Warhorse.
Yeah, but we wish he hadn't...

Well, it's only slightly better than "A.I. Artificial Intelligence"; a fusion of Steven Spielberg and Stanley Kubrick's styles that doesn't quite work.

64. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 15, 2017, 00:47 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 23:59:
Yeah, Occam's razor: Which is more likely, some idiots pooled $45K, or some dude faked it and posted it on Reddit?

It's really easy to add, remove, and edit ANYTHING on a page with the Inspector tool.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
7. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 14, 2017, 20:55 Kxmode

Justopolis wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 19:59:
Where's Derek Smart and his band of merry nutjobs?

Twitter and thank goodness. He can make as much noise as he wants there.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 20:53 Kxmode

In the immortal words of Obi-wan Kenobi, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Besides, nobody goes on Steam for its Community groups. They go on Steam to buy and play games.

60. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? (it was fake ~.~) Sep 14, 2017, 20:46 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 17:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 17:25:
So turns out the refund story was fakenews
Wait, you mean like i called it in the first post.

“the account in question was issued an individual refund of $330, not the $45,000 claimed”

Derek Smart is trying to spin this like a coked up Breitbart intern caught buggering Steve Bannon on live TV. sad
https://twitter.com/dsmart?lang=en

Derek's noise about Star Citizen has been helpful, but he is his own brand of crazy.

57. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 20:34 Kxmode

Overon wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 17:15:
What is specifically the blatant example of Chris Roberts lying?

I made Chris' lies a core reason when requesting a refund. https://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development
20. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development Sep 14, 2017, 20:30 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 15:41:
theglaze wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 15:32:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 15:19:
Would it be better to just put all those cheaters on a special map for cheaters? Then they can do whatever they want.

Yes, trolls LIKE PLAYING with other trolls. Separating them from normal player matches just makes sense.
Watch the video, the guy say they are not going to do that.
Kind of a :"Everyone should just be nice to each other", pie in the sky attitude.
I'm all for banning the trolls, cheaters, griefers and stream stalkers.

Have none of you seen No Escape starring Ray Liotta?

44. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 16:35 Kxmode

grudgebearer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 16:17:
Hasn't SQ42 now shifted from a space flight sim like wing commander, to some sort of pseudo-fps with some ship-to-ship combat?

With Chris Roberts' ADD-styled approach to game development who knows. For all we know SQ42 could turn out to be really fancy Minesweeper clone.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development
12. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Slowing Game Development Sep 14, 2017, 15:19 Kxmode

Would it be better to just put all those cheaters on a special map for cheaters? Then they can do whatever they want.  

News Comments > Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! Released
1. Re: Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! Released Sep 14, 2017, 15:09 Kxmode

I really like this game. It's chill but also hectic especially during the lunch and dinner rushes.

38. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 14:38 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 14:15:
Ech, if you're willing to spend 45K on vaporware, you should be willing to lose 45K on vaporware. Sure, I guess they didn't know the extent of the delays and/or lies when they signed up, and I am happy they got their money back.

Hindsight is 20/20. In other words, it is effortless to make such statements when the project has clearly gone off the rails. Let's not forget that Origin and Microsoft Games Studio did release more than a few of Chris Roberts game to positive response and glowing success.

Imagine this. You being a money person, Steven Spielberg came to you and pitched a movie about horses during World War 2. Given his history with this genre, you jump at the chance. Then you see "Warhorse, " and you regret the decision. Star Citizen is Chris Roberts' "Warhorse."

36. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 13:54 Kxmode

I guess when Sandi Gardiner Roberts handled my $930 refund request personally that was before the hailstorm of incoming refund requests.

FYI: https://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs

Update: Typo with Sandi's name

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2017, 14:31.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass for Free Sep 13, 2017, 15:03 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 13:32:
Just got the whole shebang for $5.30, for that I couldn't resist. Damn you Star Wars!

If hardly anyone is playing this multiplayer-only game, was it worth a purchase even at that price point?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2017, 17:43 Kxmode

Happy Video Game Day all! You know what to do!  

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
39. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 12, 2017, 12:53 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 05:06:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 00:15:
"We have procedural missions so there's a lot of 'go deliver something to this place', 'go identify a dead body on a spaceship', 'go after this particular pirate'. It's all templated up"

Congratulations, backers. You're getting World of Warcraft... in space!
Collect 10 yarzak pelts from the third moon of Thoralein?

Bingo!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2017, 00:20 Kxmode

Is PLAYERUNKNOWN a gazillionaire now?  

36. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 12, 2017, 00:18 Kxmode

Hanneth wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 21:34:
Actually 2.x was branched from master about 15 months ago when 2.4 was released. While the features from 2.5 and 2.6 would have been merged to master, some fixes would have been too time consuming to merge to the old branch they have been releasing from.

Very few people on this site care about such trivialities given Roberts brand of hyperbolic promotion and bombastic release schedules.

35. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access" Sep 12, 2017, 00:15 Kxmode

"We have procedural missions so there's a lot of 'go deliver something to this place', 'go identify a dead body on a spaceship', 'go after this particular pirate'. It's all templated up"

Congratulations, backers. You're getting World of Warcraft... in space!

13178 Comments. 659 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo