Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15594 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > May 2019 Digital Game Sales
4. Re: May 2019 Digital Game Sales Jun 22, 2019, 15:21 Kxmode

The only actual Epic Game Store exclusive is Fortnite on PC.

"Fortnite gets a boost from Season 9 but is still far off from its peak. Fortnite made $203 million across console, PC and mobile, up significantly from April but down 38% from May 2018. Console continues to contribute the largest share of players and revenue."

So that fad is coming to an inevitable end and with it Epic's ability to lock down exclusives. They should be focusing all the Fortnite cash on making their platform as good as if not better than Steam.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Free on Epic Games Store
12. Re: Rebel Galaxy Free on Epic Games Store Jun 21, 2019, 23:13 Kxmode

At some point the party is going to stop, and Steam will still be the far superior platform. But more power to you if you're liking the Epic store.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 23:07 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 23:05:
Nah it's pretty clear what you said.
You don't get to interpret it for us and tell us it didn't mean what it said.
BTW, you're using "no harm no foul" incorrectly.
It's meant for the receiving party to excuse the sending party. You don't excuse yourself from an offense you've caused.

If you want to call a color red, that is clearly orange, that's you.

31. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 23:05 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 22:30:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 21:05:
Wait, wait, wait. So the assertion is that I, as an atheist, lack morals and character, or have lesser amounts thereof, because I do not believe in an unproven invisible sky wizard?

Let me disprove that in a single sentence:

I don't proclaim to be a Christian while rabidly supporting a wannabe tyrant president, concentration camps, kids in cages, and cutting benefits to the poorest and sickest among us.

Before someone says "B...b...but those aren't REAL Christians!" Shove it. You claim the title, you get to own and deal with all the bullshit attached to it.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

That did feel rather Spanish Inquisition-y. I was half expecting a "CONFESS!"

29. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 23:02 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 22:39:
Your comment for context.
Kxmode wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 19:06:
You lean atheist so there may not be as strong a moral reason to return the money or report it.
Zero degrees of separation.

A person tells another something. That person then tells it to another but in a different way. And so on, and so it goes so that by the time it gets to the sixth person, it has mutated into something "complicated." Burrito of Peace and Jivaro's comments are the epitome of a very well-meaning observation getting lost in translation.

So let's stop this "six degrees of separation" nonsense. My follow-up comment at #20 very clearly defines intent. If someone wants to continue to harp on some imaginary "hatred" I have, that's on them. But it has no bearing on the actual point I made, and then clarified.

I like you guys, but sometimes you get bent out of shape over meaningless observations. <3

28. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 22:45 Kxmode

Jivaro wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 22:37:
I did just now, I was already typing I guess. Good for you to apologize so....convincingly.

I'm not apologizing for the points I'm sharing. I am only apologizing for any misguided feelings that may have developed from not understanding the post. So I hope my follow-up comment resolves what the reader may have construed as being offensive. That is all. No harm or foul.

23. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 22:35 Kxmode

Jivaro wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 22:30:
Kx...that is the most fucked up thing I have ever seen you write and if you are half as fucking moral as you claim to be than you should apologize.

All uppity when people make generalizations about your religeon and the people that follow it but boy..you have a few of your own to dish out don't ya?

Man did I misjudge you. Less morals as an atheist my ass.

Read my follow-up comment and let's stop this six degrees of separation nonsense.

20. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 22:29 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 21:05:
Wait, wait, wait. So the assertion is that I, as an atheist, lack morals and character, or have lesser amounts thereof, because I do not believe in an unproven invisible sky wizard?

Let me disprove that in a single sentence:

I don't proclaim to be a Christian while rabidly supporting a wannabe tyrant president, concentration camps, kids in cages, and cutting benefits to the poorest and sickest among us.

Before someone says "B...b...but those aren't REAL Christians!" Shove it. You claim the title, you get to own and deal with all the bullshit attached to it.

Let's back up, shall we?

Firstly, about Redeye's comment, I wrote, "You lean atheist so there may not be as strong a moral reason to return the money or report it." That sentence doesn't mean a lack of morals and character, and it is not about every atheist. It's only an observation about Redeye based on what he would do in the particular situation cited.

The quoted part above is another way of saying an environment forms a person's conscience. Conversely, religious people tend to have a more significant moral reason to do something. Like for example, they do not want to displease an "invisible sky wizard" who is watching. If you eliminate that motive (and let's be clear here, for people of faith displeasing their god is a huge reason to do or not do something), then in the absence of faith, other factors have to shape morality. It kind of like when someone losses a sense the other senses are enhanced.

So for some, their morality may be informed by education or the law. For another, virtue may be established by media and entertainment (e.g., the good guy versus evil guy motif). Or for others contemplating others who protest social injustices may foster their moral compass. And the list goes on and on. It's different for each person.

I express that point in my original post. "I think there is a vast composite of regional nuances that affect a person's decision to do the right thing, but broadly speaking I believe wealth, the population, the culture, and lastly religion provides a general foundation." I put "lastly religion" there for all the reasons I make in this post. The bottom line is if the environment did not develop a semblance of morality, we would have chaos and anarchy.

I do apologize if you felt offended by my comment. Hopefully, this follow-up nullifies any ambiguities by my previous comment.

18. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 22:02 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 19:32:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 19:22:
Ah yes, the immoral atheist meme
bless you Sepharo.

We are all atheists with respect to other religions, and we atheists just take it one step further.
I just believe in one fewer god than you do. Grin

Your comment for context.

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 17:46:
Here's my take. </=$400 gets returned, >/=$40,000 finders keepers.
In-between is if I think someone's watching.
My sister is an administrative assistant for a police department.
A person turned in a paper bag they found along the railroad tracks that had $28k. I would have ate a steak and invested in gamestop if that'd been me.

Most people with a religious background tend to rely on a moral compass that is guided by conscience, and depending on the situation would do the right thing. However, your comment above shows the opposite outcome. A binary condition drives your conscience, which is likely the result of where you live, who you socialize with, and how much wealth you have.

Just an observation.

10. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 19:06 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 17:46:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 17:21:
All good points. I look forward to reading more in-depth studies on people's motivations in this regard.
Here's my take. </=$400 gets returned, >/=$40,000 finders keepers.
In-between is if I think someone's watching.
My sister is an administrative assistant for a police department.
A person turned in a paper bag they found along the railroad tracks that had $28k. I would have ate a steak and invested in gamestop if that'd been me.

And I'm sure your current wealth, and the population and culture you live in drives your decision. You lean atheist so there may not be as strong a moral reason to return the money or report it. (e.g. "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many")

5. Re: Researchers Dropped 17,000 Wallets To Test Honesty In Countries Around The World Jun 21, 2019, 16:24 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on Jun 21, 2019, 13:03:
"The rates at which people tried to return the wallets varied a lot by country, even though the presence of money in the wallet almost always increased the chances. In Denmark, for example, researchers saw more than 80% of wallets with money reported. Peru saw a little over 10%.

The researchers think wealth could be a factor, but there's a lot more research needed to explain the differences. "Now the problem is that we don't really know whether wealth affects honesty or it's the other way around" — whether honesty contributes to a country's relative wealth, says Cohn."

They can't be serious... IT'S BECAUSE THE PEOPLE IN PERU ARE BARELY SCRAPING BY YOU DUMMIES while people in Denmark enjoy top living standards, higher than the US/Canada and most of Europe's richest countries, and a comfortable safety net. It has NOTHING do with honesty, it's about survival.

I think there is a vast composite of regional nuances that affect a person's decision to do the right thing, but broadly speaking I believe wealth, the population, the culture, and lastly religion provides a general foundation.

So, for example, Denmark is a wealthy country (per capita $51K) with a low population of ~6 million. The culture is more accepting than others, yet it is less religious. The factor of wealth combined with a culture more generous to others, plus having fewer people may mean the Danes believe their good deed will likely result in the wallet being returned to its owner very soon. (e.g. "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one")

Conversely, Peru is an emerging country (per capita $14K) with a high population of ~32 million. The culture is more religious and likely more conservative in their acceptance — however, crime tears at the morality of its culture. If a person finds a wallet, they may also reason that the police, in general, are corrupt and the owner may never get their wallet back and with their current wealth status, may lead to the belief that their need for the money is higher than the morally right decision to report it or return it. (e.g. "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many")

Just my take on it.

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Free on Epic Games Store
2. Re: Rebel Galaxy Free on Epic Games Store Jun 20, 2019, 21:51 Kxmode

The subtitles in the video's thumb as related to the EGS offer... coincidence? I think not!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 20, 2019, 20:24 Kxmode

"A scheme by any other name would 'surprise' as well." - Kerry Hopkins, EA’s vice president of legal.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 20, 2019, 20:17 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 22:16:
Suckerbox!

Cutecubes

/send all checks payable to me!

News Comments > Vote for My Friend Pedro
1. Re: Vote for My Friend Pedro Jun 20, 2019, 20:14 Kxmode

Want some tots? Wanna see me do sick jumps?  

News Comments > Penn & Teller VR: F U, U, U, & U
1. Re: Penn & Teller VR: F U, U, U, & U Jun 19, 2019, 20:18 Kxmode

I can't wait to buy PTVRFUUUU on HTC so I can VIP over VOIP with RSVP until I'm RIP!  

10. Re: Scientists shocked by Arctic permafrost thawing 70 years sooner than predicted Jun 19, 2019, 17:25 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 17:13:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 14:41:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 10:43:
Dafuq...

Shit's about to hit the fan :/

When I first learned about global warming 20 years ago or so, one of my first realizations was "if the permafrost goes, that's it, game over." Really upsetting. Methane (or Meethane to you Brits) is 20x more powerful at retaining heat than CO2 and stays in the atmosphere for 20 years. It's about to get hot as Hell in here, and no, it won't be a dry heat.
WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!
AGAIN!

hOw dO yOU kIlL THaT WhiCH hAS nO liFe?

News Comments > They Are Billions Released
14. Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 19, 2019, 09:17 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 07:52:
It's not overly complex, but one small break or weakness in your defense will quickly kill/infect large portions of most city setups. Your civilians are stupid as can be and do NOT run fast enough to not get immediately infected if you don't wall them in and defend them appropriately.

That sounds exactly like the Jerusalem scene from World War Z!

News Comments > They Are Billions Released
10. Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 19, 2019, 03:39 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 02:34:
Sounds like the campaign is just too hard. Hopefully that gets tweaked.

Or use a cheat to offset the difficulty.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2019, 03:36 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 21:03:
SunnyD wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 20:53:
As a Necromonger commander, Underverse take your breeder behinds!
~Finis~
They have yet to make a bad Riddick.

Agreed. I quite like the Riddick franchise especially The Chronicles of Riddick.

15594 Comments. 780 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo