Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11731 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 14:00 Kxmode

1badmf wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 23:54:
Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 23:44:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 17:48:
Well, this is weird. I'm getting reports from several people who used a recent CC-released track of mine that a group is claiming my work as theirs. I thought Youtube copyright claims could only be made by people or groups who own the music. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Almost all of my music is released under the CC license so that others can benefit from it in videos or whatever they'd like to use it without fear of financial repercussions, but my music is never for commercial purposes.

Time to lawyer up, buddy.

getty images has been caught multiple times claiming copyright and fees on works of which they had no ownership. maybe this is the same deal, just with music.

Update: I gathered all my evidence and tried to contact Google, but they make the process almost impossible. The only people who can dispute a copyright claim are those who have the claims on their videos. So since I cannot reach Google I decided to reach out to the music distribution firms themselves; who made the claims. Most of them only represent the people distributing through their service. I hope reason and the rule of law win the day.

Post Update: Both distribution companies have ignored my requests. One company never even had the decency to respond to my inquiry.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2016, 19:44.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 17:48 Kxmode

Well, this is weird. I'm getting reports from several people who used a recent CC-released track of mine that a group is claiming my work as theirs. I thought Youtube copyright claims could only be made by people or groups who own the music. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Almost all of my music is released under the CC license so that others can benefit from it in videos or whatever they'd like to use it without fear of financial repercussions, but my music is never for commercial purposes.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

41. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 12:05 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 08:46:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 05:27:
Blue wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:36:

No, he did us the "favor" of picking it up for us. Without us knowing he would do so, which is crazy, and caused our wasted trip. She got it from him at work today.

Serenity now!

There are these devices called "cell phones." Quite magical, really. They allow you to communicate with other human beings across 1000s of miles at the touch of a few buttons. Most even support video chat even, so you can confirm with others the exact piece of art one is buying for someone else. Do these not exist in the land of New Jersey? Perhaps the fat ruler of said land has throttled their sale, for spite? As he did the bridge traffic into New York for several days once.

Cell phones, huh? I'll have to check into those. In this case we used this preceding technology called a conversation.

Dude from work: I'm going to the auction place. I can pick up your painting for you.

MrsBlue: No thanks, I think we're picking it up ourselves. If I change my mind I'll let you know.

Maybe his comprehension is something like the Star Trek Next Generation episode Darmok.

"No thanks, I think we're picking it up ourselves." = "Zinda, his face black, his eyes red"
"If I change my mind I'll let you know." = "Temba, his arms wide"

40. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 12:01 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 05:05:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 11:16:
After 43 hours I finally got to the center of No Man's Sky and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm livid. I'll put the reasons why here: Sean Murray pitched the center of the universe as the end-game goal. After 43 hours I got the center, and nothing happened. My reward was being deposited on a planet in another galaxy with all of my stuff broken. So the "universe" is a galaxy and there's an infinite number of galaxies. Oh, but wait, it's getting better! The galaxy code is stored in binary hex where 00 is the starting galaxy, and FF is the 255th galaxy. After you reach the 255th galaxy, the game's procedural engine breaks. So yeah, the game has no ending. Sean Murray said the game is infinite, but it's not because the procedural engine breaks. lol. NMS is a total joke.

Not gonna read, since I intend to pick this up at some point, but am gonna point out that you got 43 hours out of the game. Sounds like decent bang for the buck.

My complaint isn't about the game but the ending, which is what I hide and you didn't read. I won't spoil it for you.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 11:59 Kxmode

Blue, would you watch a 2018 video game Olympics?  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 23:32 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 22:29:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 21:36:
I need feedback.
A new employee asked me what the Amazon smile is on the side of all the boxes at work. I need a really GOOD response, because my 'It's a penis or a smile... I mean who wouldn't be smiling to get a box full of penis's" but I think that may be a little over the top, and I fseriously told her that I wasn't sure but I would find out for her.
It's my "Friday" so my brain is turned off till Thursday, so looking for some brainpower to come up with something clever. And at least a PG version and a R/X version

Do you mean the arrow on the Amazon logo? Supposedly it points from A to Z to indicate that Amazon stock everything.

^ This. It's just an arrow going from A to Z.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 18:06 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 15:12:
So why did you buy this game anyways? did you ride the hype train?

For the same reason that I put money into Star Citizen; only I got my money out of that project when I realized what Chris was doing. Sean Murray pitched a particular type of game with a certain kind of ending of which none of that happened. That's less on me and more on game devs who keep lying about what their game is. I didn't make No Man's Sky, and I certainly didn't pitch its features to the press. So you cannot fault me, the consumer, for buying the game on good faith based on Sean's word.

Let's put it this way if you saw Suicide Squad based on the trailers than congrats you rode the hype train. I didn't see Suicide Squad because I knew it would be garbage since it was overseen by the same team who did Superman v Batman. Am I going to fault you for seeing the film? No. Of course not. You were taken in by the trailers and information presented.

I just don't understand what drives people to pre-order these hype games and expect other things?

I wanted the starter ship, period.

Some people really like the tedious grind of this type, some people don't mind doing the exact same thing over and over, it's relaxing to them. So yes I do see this being entertaining for some people, but at the same time... you knew what this game would be.

You know it's very easy to say that now after the game has been out for more than a week. There are plenty of reviews and Youtube videos to provide the type of details you're hitting me with.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 13:47 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 13:07:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 12:48:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 11:16:
After 43 hours I finally got to the center of No Man's Sky and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm livid. I'll put the reasons why here:
Yup Angry Joe's review went up last night and it ain't pretty. Pretty much sums up what everyone's been screamin' about.

Complaints from someone who put 40+ hours in a game should be taken with a grain of salt.

After 40 hours, you WILL see everything the game has to offer. 40 hours might as well be 200 hours. My complaints are absolutely valid.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 11:16 Kxmode

After 43 hours I finally got to the center of No Man's Sky and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm livid. I'll put the reasons why here: Sean Murray pitched the center of the universe as the end-game goal. After 43 hours I got the center, and nothing happened. My reward was being deposited on a planet in another galaxy with all of my stuff broken. So the "universe" is a galaxy and there's an infinite number of galaxies. Oh, but wait, it's getting better! The galaxy code is stored in binary hex where 00 is the starting galaxy, and FF is the 255th galaxy. After you reach the 255th galaxy, the game's procedural engine breaks. So yeah, the game has no ending. Sean Murray said the game is infinite, but it's not because the procedural engine breaks. lol. NMS is a total joke.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2016, 17:28 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 15:48:
He seemed like such a likeable guy, always smiling in interviews and being so forthright in answering questions when showing off work in progress playable demos of the game that looked AMAZING!

Who would have guessed he was just another sleazy guy lying his ass off in order to create a false narrative to shill his game to the unsuspecting masses.

The small indie developers are suppose to be above such unscrupulous tactics, right?

I believe you're talking about Chris Roberts.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2016, 17:26 Kxmode

It's crazy how a procedural universe do that.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 22:35 Kxmode

On one planet I saw a proper dog standing on two legs. It was nightmare fuel until it started running towards to me to attack. I said NOPE, got in my ship and left that planet. I think I even named the planet Nope. Nope in the Quinton System somewhere on the outer rim. If I could I'd place a beacon in orbit warning people "Beware of Dog".  

12. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 21:17 Kxmode

By the way Cutter, I named my starter planet Cutter. See, I thought it was unruly and harsh. Turns out it was actually a softy.  

10. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 18:56 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 18:45:
Go back in my posts and I called the MP portion of the game as bullshit from day one. I'll say it again, anything like this is about metrics. They want to datamine the shit out of it like Blizzard does to see what particular carrot keeps the mule moving forward the longest. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they had a psychologist on board for this game - as Blizzard does for their titles. Look at the achievements in this game, shallow and completely meaningless yet they come at a constant rate to give the illusions of progress. This game is a sandbox without any toys in it. In which case I'd rather just go to tbe beach and lay in the sand for free.

Point taken and rejected. I'm not sure what you're doing other than trying to convince me to hate the game, which I won't.

Me: I'm having a blast.
You: No, you're not. You hate this game.
Me: Actually, I don't. I quite like it.
You: No you don't! You don't know what you like. That's why I'm here to tell you.
Me: Please don't.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2016, 00:18.

8. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 18:38 Kxmode

thecakeisalie wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 18:12:
If the developer wasn't lying from the get-go, there should have been some evidence of multiplayer in the binaries. There was none. I doubt this feature ever made it off the drawing board. The point is, he kept being deliberately misleading or vague until he could no longer do so.

No doubt there's very substantial evidence. But I'm not there yet. The main reason is that I'm having fun with the game as-is. It is hard for me to be upset when I wasn't looking for multiplayer.

Also, the omission of the truth when you know the truth but the truth is not known to others is still considering by all definitions as lying.

Ain't that the truth! I could share truths about society and the world in general that would probably blow your mind. I would be remiss if I didn't share Romans 1:18, which states "For Godís wrath is being revealed from heaven against . . . men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way". That covers a range of things from evolution and creationism to religion in general. Only, this is likely not the correct forum for that, so I'll just stop.

There is still no excuse for what Sony did with the copyright strikes or for the astroturfing to try to soften the blow of the initial bad reviews to try to get as many sales as possible before people realized they'd been had.

I don't know much about that so I can't comment on it.

TL;DR - Sean Murray is a fucking douchebag for lying to his customers and the fans of the game to avoid pre-order cancellations and lost revenue.

I don't feel like he lied to me. I knew this game would be a single-player experience. At no time was I looking for a multiplayer experience. But those who were I understand their anger. That's how I felt after backing a lot of money for Star Citizen based on what Chris Roberts pitched, which later turned out to be lies (e.g. scope, budget, and development duration).

I can only hope if you bought NMS, and feel aggrieved by HG that you purchased it on GOG. They have a generous refund policy.

5. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2016, 15:47 Kxmode

@thecakeisalie

I simultaneously agreed and disagreed with everything you wrote, if that makes any sense.

Here's how I see it.

So you will notice in interviews shortly after the 2014 E3 announcement Sean was asked if the game had multiplayer, and his answers were definite yeses. However, over time, if you watch his reaction and answers he became more hesitant.

I am pretty sure what happened was Hello Games had committed themselves to working on multiplayer. However, over time, they decided -- given the massive scope of NMS, and because 99% of the players would not see another person -- they decided to divert resources away from it. It did not necessarily mean they stopped working on it, but put it on hold, and likely in another Dev branch labeled "NMSMPDev01."

I think doing this caused a two-fold problem. First, because HG did not definitively kill multiplayer development, they were unable or maybe unwilling to give a definitive "No. Single player" answers. Second, Hello Games primarily advertised the game through interviews, through social media, through videos, through news articles, and they did this with absolutely no dedicated PR person. Sean is many things but a good PR person he is not.

We know having a professional PR person is vital for a successful AAA-Hype launch. Without one we were hammered with situations like Sean Murray publically announcing a 3-day delay on a Friday, the week before launch. On a global release not telling anyone in which time zone the game would be released in until several hours before in a random AMA that wasn't properly promoted across social channels, GOG, and Steam. Had Hello Games had a proper PR person I believe they would have handled things MUCH better. This would have included knowing the game was single-player and informing people months ago that it would launch as a single-player experience.

So I guess the TL;DR point I am trying to make is that I do not believe Sean necessarily lied, he just did a horrible job of PR. He should stick with his strengths and leave PR to a professional. Now that the studio has LOTS of money coming in the first thing they should do is hire a PR person, because they need damage control.

I am perfectly willing to accept I am wrong, but that is my take. If you disagree feel free to let me know, but please do so respectfully. Thank you.

20. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2016, 19:29 Kxmode

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 16:31:
It's a shell of a game that is going to need content updates for a very long time to come. Hopefully people will be patient and forgive this barebones release and look to future updates. I'll be holding off until much later. $67 EA titles are not my thing.

Interesting. Well, it's fun for me and I don't mind paying $60 for it, so I have no issues with the game. It's precisely what I thought it would be.

On a side note, apparently, there's a game breaking bug if you claim your preorder ship before learning the hyperdrive schematic you'll be stranded in your first or second system. That happened to me. I used the NMS trainer at Cheat Happens to basically "fix" my situation. Not only did I get the hyperdrive schematic but I also got schematics for Anti-matter and Warp Cells. Now the game is working again for me. This is the one time where I don't feel sorry for cheating.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2016, 19:59.

14. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2016, 14:26 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 14:19:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 11:19:
NMS would have been fine if they didn't present it as a AAA title. The $60 price tag just adds insult to injury. It should have been release as a $20 early access title.

I've read a lot of people getting about 30 hours or so out of the game. While I agree that this is a $20 game, I can see how people can justify the expense at $60. And although we're calling this an indie game, it doesn't look like an indie game. No 8-bit or 16-bit graphics like Starbound. No 2000-era graphics engine like Rodina or Pulsar. So it's easy to see why they're charging full price for this, and people are paying it.

And it's a new genre of game: Procedural Space Adventure?

11. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2016, 14:11 Kxmode

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 09:33:
Personally I am already done with this game. Just an empty sandbox with limited things to do. A lot of hype for a half finished game.

I assume you haven't visited the Atlas yet? If you haven't then you have no idea there is an actual story in the game. You're only looking at the surface.

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 09:33:
Waiting for Astroneer, a similar game that allows the construction of far more things and guess what it is multiplayer.

The very thing you left NMS for is coming soon.

"For instance, freighters and building bases *are* coming!"
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/what-do-you-do-in-no-mans-sky/

"Next up weíre adding the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters."
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
89. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 08:41 Kxmode

I'm still in system 2, but now I'm on another planet. This one has toxic rain! Check it out... rain hits my ship!

https://vid.me/MMPB

Never been more happy than I am right now listening to soothing sounds of deadly rain hitting my ship. Dance

11731 Comments. 587 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo