Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14333 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Battle of Azeroth Trailer
2. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 24, 2018, 19:40 Kxmode

Blizzard is wrecking their game's canon. They hired a fantastic author named Richard A. Knaak who created a trilogy called The War of The Ancients (an engrossing read). The last book called The Sundering goes into detail about what happened to Azshara and her people. And I quote (from page 160 and 161):

----

“Zin-Azshari is going…” [Krasus] cried, “and it is only the beginning!”

The two dragons beat their wings as hard as they could, but they moved as if flying through tar. Malfurion looked behind and saw that the sky above the Well no longer even existed. A huge funnel cloud enshrouded everything. Illidan had spoken much of the truth, it seemed. Between the spellwork of the demons, that of the elder gods, and the defenders’ own efforts, the Well of Eternity had been torn asunder once too often.

Had he and his friends saved the world, only to destroy it?

What first he took for deafening thunder rattled the druid. He clutched his ears, waiting for it to pass.

“Look!” cried Tyrande, her lips near enough to him for her voice to still be heard. “The city!”

They watched as the ground beyond Zin-Azshari broke apart. A vast canyon miles deep opened. The entire capital literally began sliding toward the Well.

“The…pull…grows…greater!” Ysera roared.

The Well was drawing the surrounding regions into its maw, literally devouring Kalimdor. Zin-Azshari now floated in the black waters, an island bobbing about like so much flotsam. Ironically, the palace still stood mostly intact, although the tower where the Highborne had moved after the destruction of their previous sanctum leaned precariously.

Ominous bolts of energy played around the city as it neared the maelstrom’s gullet. Unlike much of what the Well tore loose from Kalimdor, Zin-Azshari headed straight for the center. Malfurion felt Tyrande’s grip on him tighten to the point of pain.

“It’s going…” she whispered. “It’s going…”

Around her, Azshara’s handmaidens screamed. Vashj clung to her leg. The queen held her empty goblet, refusing to accept what was happening to her palace. She was Azshara, Light of Lights, supreme ruler of her people! She had not permitted this!

Sargeras would not be coming. Azshara understood that, although she had not said so to her followers. It would not do to let them know that she realized that she had erred. Somehow, the rabble had kept him from coming to Kalimdor and to her.

The rumbling grew louder. A darkness in which even night elves could not see suddenly enveloped the palace. The only illumination came from the untamed forces of the Well. Blackwater began pouring into the palace, washing away two of her servants. Their screams were quickly drowned out.

I am Azshara! she silently insisted, her expression constant. With but a thought, the queen created a shield that surrounded her and those still remaining. My desires are absolute!

Her power kept the water at bay, but the pressure of maintaining her shield quickly grew troublesome. Azshara’s brow furrowed and beads of sweat—the first sweat of her life—appeared on her forehead.

Here's the original lore of how Azshara and her people became the Naga

Then…voices whispered from the gloom, voices calling to her, promising her escape.

There is a way… there is a way… you will become more than you ever were… more than you ever were… we can help… we can help…

The queen was no fool. She knew her shield would not last much longer. Then the Well would claim her and her followers and the glory that was Azshara would be lost to the world.

The silver-tressed night elf nodded.

“Ungh!” The goblet fell from her hand. Her body was wracked with pain. She felt her limbs twisting, curling. Her spine felt fluid, as if much of it had instantly melted away.

You will be more than you have ever been… promised the voices. And when the time comes, for what we grant you… you will serve us well…

The last vestiges of her shield spell failed. Azshara shrieked as the waters overwhelmed her. In the background, she heard other cries as well… her handmaidens, the guards, and the rest of the Highborne who still served her.

The Well filled her lungs…

But… she did not drown.

----

Canon Fact: Zin-Azshari wasn't destroyed by a super massive tidal wave. When the Well of Eternity was split apart from misuse and abuse, the city and pretty much half of the surrounding land was pulled into the well. In other words, it was an extremely powerful implosion, not an explosion.

Canon Fact: The voice wasn't singular but plural with a vocal cadence that suggests an echo when spoken.
Canon Fact: Azshara was aware of the voice and the offer before the water swallowed her and her followers
Canon Fact: She understood and accepted the voices' offer
Canon Fact: Azshara's transformation into a Naga began before the water hit, and concluded after she was fully submerged

Additional Fact: Azshara would not have bargained with the Old God considering she was mere seconds away from drowning. Perhaps she saw an opportunity but only in the context of survival and preserving her legacy, nothing more. She accepted its offer and started transforming into the Naga before the water hit.

Additional Fact: It is implied that Azshara's people would have been included in the voice's offer suggesting that the Old God always had the intention to leave her as a ruler over the newly created Nagan race.

Additional Extrapolated Fact: The Well of Eternity swallowed Zin-Azshari as well as a large part of the surrounding land (obviously the map in WOW shows how much land was swallowed). That much debris would not have made a fully intact submersed city possible. Now granted large swaths of Zin-Azshari may have survived, but not the ENTIRE city as depicted in the video.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2018, 23:27.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Weekend
1. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 24, 2018, 18:03 Kxmode

Aren't free weekends typically reserved for released games?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > July U.S. Sales Charts
2. Re: July U.S. Sales Charts Aug 24, 2018, 15:45 Kxmode

What does the single asterisk mean? Also, I see a definition for the triple-asterisk in the footnote, but do not see its use next to any game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2018, 02:36 Kxmode

The Dodo Youtube Channel is so awesome. Guaranteed onion ninjas daily!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2018, 05:02 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 04:44:
Coconut Oil Is ‘Pure Poison,’ Says Harvard Professor.

Huh, so an oil that's 98% saturated is bad for you? Who knew?

Glad this wrong is being righted. When coconut oil started picking up in popularity a few years ago, I was kind of dumbfounded.

"Here, let me bath in this stuff and make a face mask out of it. It's good for my skin." - Coconut Oil aficionados

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2018, 05:01 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 04:40:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 23:38:
At the time of her death, Aretha Franklin did not have a will or trust. It's one of those things that's important but easy to forget. However, a living will and irrevocable trust help prevent your family from going through probate court for the next 9-12 months and possibly lose what you've intended to give to them after your death.

The best resource for setting up these documents is a lawyer who specializes in estate planning and (or) living wills and trusts. However, if the expense is high, then a good paralegal is a great alternative. My brother had a paralegal prepare his and his wife's will and trust for $800 (I believe they paid $50 to have it notarized). He graciously shared it with me. It's very comprehensive. Theirs goes over everything, even what to do in case either of them reaches a state where life-support is the only option.

Anyhow, give these crucial documents consideration some time soon and act.

Any lawyers you can recommend? Ortwin Freyermuth, perhaps?

Maybe one of Derek Smart's lawyers since no one seems to trust their validation of Derek's legal points related to trademark, copyright, and contract laws.

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
72. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2018, 00:27 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 05:35:
Slick wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 02:07:
I don't even care about 4k. Those 4k 144hz Monitors are $2k. I'm waiting for 240hz 1440p.

the pixel count from 1440p to 4k is more than 2x, and the games simply aren't built for true 4k. LOD will make you dissapoint. You can make out all the subpixels on the shitty looking tree sprite in the distance that the game assumed was going to be blurry.

1440p feels like the sweet spot until the next console gen which will actually start turning around 4k from-the-ground-up projects.

I'd drop $ if they could get me into the 240hz club @ 1440p. But We haven't seen benchmarks.

Was watching Deadmau5's twitch stream, he's running a 2080ti playing pubg. He says it's not a huge leap from a 1080 ti, and that's what we all suspected. I want the 2x FPS multiplier to hit 240hz so I can quick-scope like shroud
Why would you pay money for TN eye cancer?
240 Hz isnt anywhere close getting to IPS or VA. Not to mention the AUO panel lottery.
And if you can get 240 FPS in 1080p, you can get very high FPS in 4K as well.
BTW, manufacturers have started using 4K panels in 1440p monitors, because they are cheaper. And then this downscaling 4K panel is cheaper than a native one. So adding extra cost through a downscaling engine, makes the panel cheaper. Makes sense, huh?

We need huge leaps because of 4K and VR. But Nvidia pulled another FX 5xxx, it seems.

All I know is 4K on my pair of LG 27" 4K UHD IPS is amazing. Even at 60 Hz.

News Comments > Get For Honor Starter Edition for Free
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2018, 00:16 Kxmode

The first "hits" free. Smash  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2018, 00:00 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 23:48:
I'm assuming she wasn't a literal one person show as far as her business dealings were concerned.

Likely yes. If I understand your point, wills and trusts are for anyone she wanted to give her substantial estate to, and could have included people she worked with that she was very close too and (or) her family. According to Wikipedia, she has four children. Pretty sure given all the culprits involved the probate process is going to be protracted. With her estate and wealth, probably like 1-2 years maybe more, minimum.

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 23:48:
However in my defense, I have no dependents and I'm not rich so... )

A will and trust can be set up to give your belongings to your siblings, an aunt or uncle, your grandparents. Maybe that coworker you like. You tell the state whom to give your possessions to when you die regardless of how much you have, and by law, they must honor your wishes.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2018, 23:47 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 13:11:
The average doctor salary is in the $200k-$300k range, so not sure where you get that "most easily pull down over a million a year."

My doctor told me that the reason why most doctor salaries are high is schooling is one factor, yes, but the other relates to doctors practicing medicine as an independent contractor for a health network. Each has a liability and potential to get sued. The insurance costs for a doctor is quite high, and thus the salary covers not only their accustomed lifestyle but school costs and liabilities. He stated if liabilities weren't so high, medicine wouldn't be so expensive to the public.

My dad told me my delivery cost was $200 at Kaiser in the late 70's. Nowadays the cost to deliver a baby is $16,000-$19,000 for the whole deal ($1,600 for standard delivery and $1,900 for c-section with insurance).

Can anyone practicing medicine concur with this?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2018, 23:38 Kxmode

At the time of her death, Aretha Franklin did not have a will or trust. It's one of those things that's important but easy to forget. However, a living will and irrevocable trust help prevent your family from going through probate court for the next 9-12 months and possibly lose what you've intended to give to them after your death.

The best resource for setting up these documents is a lawyer who specializes in estate planning and (or) living wills and trusts. However, if the expense is high, then a good paralegal is a great alternative. My brother had a paralegal prepare his and his wife's will and trust for $800 (I believe they paid $50 to have it notarized). He graciously shared it with me. It's very comprehensive. Theirs goes over everything, even what to do in case either of them reaches a state where life-support is the only option.

Anyhow, give these crucial documents consideration some time soon and act.

News Comments > GOG.com Says FCK DRM
17. Re: GOG.com Says FCK DRM Aug 21, 2018, 16:13 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 12:22:
Whtvr.

Yh! Whtvr!

16. Re: GOG.com Says FCK DRM Aug 21, 2018, 16:12 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 16:05:
'Pat, is there an O in it?'

No. No "O." * Pat's awkward camera stare *

14. Re: GOG.com Says FCK DRM Aug 21, 2018, 16:02 Kxmode

DIE DRM is more classy and leaves no doubts about what the intended purpose is (unless you're from Germany, then it's just a question mark: "DAS DRM? DAS DRM was?")*

*feel free to correct me German grammar experts.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2018, 15:52 Kxmode

For anyone who cares, Rudy (one of my favorite movies), is getting a special double showing on August 28th, and September 2nd courtesy of Fathom events. Hut, hut... HIKE!

Check out the theaters in your area if you live in the U.S (Not sure about Canada and Mexico). At least one should host Fathom events.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2018, 14:52 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 04:18:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 02:38:
Breaking story! Filip Miucin hired by FedEx Office. Gets caught making copies of other people's documents!!

Not sure if joking or real.

Worked for UPS one summer. Man, that was hard work.

It's a joke.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2018, 02:38 Kxmode

Breaking story! Filip Miucin hired by FedEx Office. Gets caught making copies of other people's documents!!

51. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 21, 2018, 00:03 Kxmode

wrlwnd wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 23:57:
I'll probably keep it another couple of years, as I'm also happy with 1080 resolution. I think 4K a couple years from now is the sweet spot anyway. I really don't see the rush.

For me, going from barely functional 1080p gaming to full-on 4K60+ is like the difference between watching the Super Bowl versus being in the Super Bowl.

49. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 22:50 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 20:37:
The problem is always the game software. You buy all this expensive hardware to play a Battle Royale cartoon.

Pretty sure someone playing a Battle Royale cartoon won't drop $1,200 on a video card.

It's equal parts showing off and squeezing out a few more frame rates from higher performance titles. There's a sub-culture of PC enthusiasts who try and one-up each other over benchmark scores.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
131. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 20, 2018, 20:54 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 15:46:
It's also possible for you to cure cancer and colonise Mars... yet what is possible is not what is probable. I don't ask you to take my argument at face value but I certainly expect you to produce independent legal analysis supporting your position, which you have failed to do. Instead we get more bullshit saying 'I trust Derek's legal team' or 'you've got to listen to him because it's the only thing I have supporting my position'.

Because I trust the lawyers and law firms he hires. Not Derek himself.

Yet again you refuse to acknowledge Derek's repeated false claims and lies about the project, choosing instead to present him as a credible witness. To then claim you are objective is frankly astonishing.

How many ways can I say that's immaterial. You're extrapolating. Stop it.

For those following this, Crytek has amended their complaint and there is a legal analysis of that over on YouTuber Law. The gist of it is that Crytek is misrepresenting contract law and whilst their claim that CIG is obligated to not promote another engine may survive the Motion to Dismiss it will ultimately be dismissed during discovery or subsequently afterwards.

Sigh. You're deflecting, again. I already said there are lawyers for and against arguments. For the umpteenth time, that's not the point I've made repeatedly. It's not about who's right. It's about the interpretation of the law. Derek hired lawyers to give their thumbs up to his legal points. Whether or not you agree with them, that's another argument.

I'm sure Kxmode will be able to present a indepedent legal analysis showing the opposite... ha, just kidding. He'll just post more links to Derek's trolling campaign and/or offer to make love to him.

The law firm Derek goes to to vet the information in the linked Op-Ed IS independent legal analysis because they have to confirm his legal points as correct otherwise he could get sued. It is you who refuse to acknowledge them because "Lawyer working with Derek = BAD!"

14333 Comments. 717 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo