Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14065 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2018, 22:16 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 21:34:
What monitor you going to be using?

A pair of LG 27" 4K UHD IPS screens. Outside of games: 7680 x 2160.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2018, 20:48 Kxmode

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Hydra9268/saved/Lz7YTW

+ Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
+ Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler
+ Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
+ Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
+ Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
+ MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING X Video Card
+ Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
+ EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
+ Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

Total cost with S&H and tax: ~$2200 (at NewEgg)

4K 60+ FPS gaming here I come! Dance

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings
13. Re: IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings Jul 10, 2018, 13:17 Kxmode

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 11:52:
Free speech doesn't mean there aren't repercussions to being a closeminded dirtbag.

The freedom of speech is supposed to protect speech that is deemed offensive or unpopular. It is alive and well in specific segments of society (e.g., protesting, religious, and so forth). Otherwise, every offensive word or phrase would be met with the harshest of responses. However, it is not a law, but a principle. And nowhere was that more clear than in this case. The principles of "freedom of speech" remain relative in the business world and open to varying degrees of application.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2018, 18:32.

News Comments > IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings
9. Re: IDGA Urges Social Media Guidelines After ArenaNet Firings Jul 10, 2018, 12:39 Kxmode

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2018, 02:04 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 20:45:
The big takeaway from that video for me: Jack Nicholson has been crazy for decades. No wonder it worked into so many of his performances for so long.

Still, as good as Nicholson's performance was in that door scene, it's really all about Shelly Duvall. Holy shit her facial expressions and her scream... bloodcurdling. It's been a decade or so since I've seen The Shining, guess I need to rewatch it at some point.

Except you'll watch it through the spaces in your hands over your eyes! At least that's how I watch it.

21. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 10, 2018, 00:07 Kxmode

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 23:25:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 19:17:
That video is maddening. That's not how eBay - or the Internet for the most part - looked in 1998. It looks more like Prodigy from 1992.

It says 88. The Internet was basically just text at that point. I was still using BBSs up through about 94-95 at least. Online shopping was basically the same as ordering from a catalog.

Wow. My mistake on that. That was some full-blown something on my part. LOL!

News Comments > PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month
4. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 9, 2018, 21:45 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 21:00:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 20:09:
Apparently 60 fps is the cap.

Not entirely unexpected since this POS is a conslow garbage port.

I played the demo. I personally didn't like it, but it definitely wasn't a POS as you ignorantly claim it is.

17. Ebay in 1988. Jul 9, 2018, 19:17 Kxmode

That video is maddening. That's not how eBay - or the Internet for the most part - looked in 1998. It looks more like Prodigy from 1992.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2018, 18:48 Kxmode

Neutronbeam wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 17:03:
Trust me Stephen, your wife REALLY doesn't want to see this film. Saw it yesterday with my son.

Out, out, brief film!
The movie's but a walking shadow, a poor plot
That struts and frets its hours upon the cinema
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
21. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 9, 2018, 15:36 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 15:35:
Harf Rife 3 confirmed

That's kind of racist.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2018, 19:02 Kxmode

America is so backward in sports. We use whistling to celebrate our teams' achievements, while the world uses whistling to boo an opposing team. I first saw this during a World Cup Soccer match. I had to ask, "Why are they celebrating the other team's goal?"

On a side note, I completed the Summerset leveling guide for Zygor's Guides. Latest posted on https://github.com/Hydra9268/ZGESO . They dropped support for the game, and then later told all their subs we're not making a Summerset guide. So I did it! Took six weeks, but I think the guide will help a lot of ESO players.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2018, 11:37 Kxmode

R.I.P.: Steve Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, dies at 90. My all-time favorite comic book artist.

Yeah, his work was excellent. R.I.P. to be sure!

My favorite is Todd McFarlane (close second is Jim Lee via his work on The Uncanny X-Men). I think McFarlane's work more than any other changed the basic look of comic books. Technically his anatomy was wrong, but it worked for Spider-Man. The way in which he drew - so full of details - was fantastic! Up until McFarlane, there were two ways for the artists on the main "Spider-Man" titles to draw Spider-Man. Either like Steve Ditko (R.I.P.) or like John Romita and really, "like Romita" was the only true option in the late 1980s. Then editor of Marvel Comics, Tom Defalco famously said to McFarlane, "I don't like that spaghetti webbing." I loved the spaghetti webbing! As a kid and early teen, I had a mailbox subscription to Spider-Man and so each time I got a comic I was blown away by each panel of McFarlane's Spider-Man. It was so much fun to look at. The way his Spider-Man inhumanly dodged bullets while flinging spaghetti webbing at the bad guys. Awesome!

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
71. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 20:50 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 18:08:
Graham wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 14:42:
I've gotta give you props. I thought you were just a jerk online!

Wow, a snowflake who's a Nazi sympathizer as well. An Uber-Snowflake I suppose.

Godwin's Law invoked! It was bound the happen...

News Comments > New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down
9. Re: New Steam Sales Estimate Method Shut Down Jul 6, 2018, 20:43 Kxmode

50 million people know the Scout is kind of a big deal. They also know that grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and the Scout hurts people.  

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
49. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 17:36 Kxmode

I never understood the irony of stating "the statements they made do not reflect the views of ArenaNet at all," and then they fire the people who made the statements. It wasn't like they made them during a press briefing or on stage during a product launch. They did it off company time.

There's a line from Star Trek The Next Generation episode "The Drumhead" that I'm always reminded of in situations like this. "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied chains us all, irrevocably."

News Comments > 2018 Steam Top Sellers
12. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 13:33 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 09:49:
Jurassic World? Seriously??

People like dinosaurs... and Farmville.

News Comments > 2018 Steam Top Sellers
8. Re: 2018 Steam Top Sellers Jul 6, 2018, 04:44 Kxmode

Jagacademy wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 22:50:
Asmodai wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 21:42:
Good to see Kingdom Come doing so well despite the waaaaaaaaah over lack of "cultural diversity".

I don't think the majority of gamers care about that.

I sure don't. I'll take realism any day of the week and thrice Sunday. Verily!

News Comments > Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever
14. Re: Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever Jul 5, 2018, 19:55 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 17:19:
So this game is ARK/RUST/DayZ/Etc type of basically game right?

TL;DR Yes. A harder version.

----

I haven't played Ark, but from what others have conveyed, CE is infinity more difficult if you chose not to play with Admin enabled.

Examples include not being able to fast travel. Well, technically there is a way with the craftable map. However, this item comes later after considerable effort, level, unlocking feats, and harvesting rare resources. The functionality is one-directional from the crafted map room to an obelisk, which you must first discover by trekking all over kingdom come. As a bonus whenever you get too close to the fast travel obelisks, you get a health and stamina debuff called Corruption that stays with you until entertainers can be found to get rid of it. Besides having entertainer thralls in your base, there's only one area in the game that I know of where you can find them. The inn in Sepermeru, a City of the Relic Hunters located in the far west.

It also takes a significant amount of time to build a basic house with a few crafting stations. It took about 9-10 hours for me mostly because I didn't know what I was doing and I spent a great deal of time walking around stupid slow because I liked carrying 14 tons of resources.

Finally, in regular mode, you're pretty much afraid of everything because of how dire the consequences are.

And all of this happened in "Civilized" mode that afforded me eases in difficulty in specific areas. The more difficult modes have features like needing to eat and drink more often, food spoiling faster, taking damage from sustained poisoning, creatures that hit much harder (like they can one-shot you if you don't have appropriate armor), and so forth.

So yeah. CE's difficulty in many ways is unforgiving, but the sense of achievement is always present. If you like that sort of thing, then it's good fun.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2018, 22:52.

News Comments > Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever
11. Re: Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever Jul 5, 2018, 16:34 Kxmode

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 12:08:
I've watched a couple of twitch streams trying to decide if this is for me, and man. Hours of crafting followed by small amounts of actions and...back to crafting. Too slow for me.

In single player, you can give yourself Admin mode, which is the same as Minecraft's creative mode. You have full control over a lot of stuff in this mode. Do you like a particular time of day? Set it and lock there forever (I am noting this because unlike other games, night time in CE is dark-dark as in you can barely see where you're going). Are you stuck behind a barrier? Enable ghost mode and clip your way to success.

I found a great place in the Northwest called the Oasis of Nekhet that has what I wanted. First, it's north of the only city in CE with neutral NPCs that won't attack you. Also, happens to be where Conan is found (he's hanging out in the tavern). Second, a piece of land surrounded by three lakes with land bridges out to the mainland. In that area, I'm building a castle that will spread out from there. I want to turn the entire oasis into a metropolis so that the name of the region is Nekhet instead of Oasis of Nekhet.

Here are some screenshots from the current building project:
https://i.imgur.com/zz9Hbz0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jeKOcbi.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AcRieFy.jpg (the banner behind the throne is in honor of the first dungeon I completed, The Dregs. The icon relates to the boss.)

Several tips:

1. Reinforced black ice is the most durable building material. Use it in your main building project.

2. Pay attention to the quality of building tiles. Each tile has a stability value. This value determines what can be attached to it and how much "weight" it can hold.

3. If you have a large roof, you'll likely need to use pillars to extend the stability from the floor to the roof. Lower-grade construction tiles have lower stability than higher-grade. In other words, you won't be able to place specific roofing tiles because the snap-to tile has a stability value of less than 40. Use a repair hammer to see the stability value of each tile.

4. There's a bug with certain lights that protrude through solid objects. I found wall-mounted torches provide the best control for atmosphere building.

5. Grab some mods. There are a great many that add a lot of quality-of-life improvements such as the mini-map and compass. I also like all the additional crafting items.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2018, 04:49.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Joe Jackson Jun 28, 2018, 15:59 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 23:11:
More likely if they had not escaped from the clutches of the jw cult, one or more of the Jacksons would have needed a blood transfusion and died because of medieval sadistic beliefs denying them proper health care.

Insufferable bigot.

14065 Comments. 704 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo