Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15258 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Melee Change Plans
11. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2019, 23:51 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 10:57:
"we are experimenting with changes to systems such as accuracy, melee splash, leech, fortify, various Ascendancy classes, the passive tree, hit/miss feedback, melee base types, movement skills and melee damage availability on items."

o_O

Like I said. HARD to play. Brutal post 90.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2019, 23:48 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 23:09:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 23:05:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 22:45:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 22:09:
Ace33 wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 20:55:
LOL, if gamers cared about anything they wouldn't have taken it up the ass for 20 years by allowing the game industry to undermine game ownership. A little late to complain about exclusives when you were too dumb to realize you were getting raped with mmos and online drm.

Who's this Ace33 person, and what's with all the raping references? Confused

Hmm, I'm tempted to think it's the latest incarnation of Space Captain, but Ace actually uses capitalization and punctuation.

Edit: Ah, thanks Seph. What happened to the Suppa account? That had been around for a long time.

Looks like Blue banned him a few days ago.
Going by the amount of * REMOVED * posts in his history, I'm guessing Blue got sick of his shit.
Huh. He's off to a great start with the new account.

We're going to need a bigger ban.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2019, 22:09 Kxmode

Ace33 wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 20:55:
LOL, if gamers cared about anything they wouldn't have taken it up the ass for 20 years by allowing the game industry to undermine game ownership. A little late to complain about exclusives when you were too dumb to realize you were getting raped with mmos and online drm.

Who's this Ace33 person, and what's with all the raping references? Confused

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2019, 19:13 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 18:51:
Precipice of tremendous change? Hyperbolize much? Maybe they stop spending fortunes and start using some common fucking sense instead. Cloud gaming going to suck for everyone without giganit fiber...always. Games as a service? People hate it. People like to own what they pay for. TV streaming is not the same fucking thing. Not even close.

Why do people read that rag?

Because it's relevant to an industry caught between an established juggernaut and an up-and-coming key player challenging that supremacy.

News Comments > Just Cause 4: Dare Devils of Destruction This Month
1. Re: Just Cause 4: Dare Devils of Destruction This Month Apr 16, 2019, 18:44 Kxmode

I wonder if the space in Dare Devils relates to DareDevil being trademarked by Marvel/Disney.  

News Comments > Trials Rising Gets Sixty-Six Expansion
1. Re: Trials Rising Gets Sixty-Six Expansion Apr 16, 2019, 18:18 Kxmode

Initially thought this was about about the Native American Quinault Tribal Nation.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2019, 16:14 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 09:11:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 04:59:
Here's my proposal. Here's the Fed income tax, no loopholes or exemptions.

$0 - 25K: . . No Federal Tax
$25K - 50K: . 5%
$50K - 100K:. 10%
$100K - $1M:. 25%
$1M - $10T: . 50%

The one exemption I'd allow would be dependent: $10K per dependent child up to two. After that, 0. $10K per disabled dependent (wife, mother, etc. that you claim).

Also, let's get rid of the $100K limit on the payroll tax for SS. That would go a long way in making SS solvent.
I would vote for that.

There's no way a person making $1M+ would give up half their income to a flat tax (or any tax for that matter) and would likely result in their leaving and the government not getting anything. 20-25% of $1M+ is a lot of money, but it is also a fair share percentage for high-income earners. Beyond the math, there are also psychological factors for why the portion should be 20-25% (for example, the sage advice that mortgages should be no more than 25% of their income). Anything more than that creates a risk.

Further, the example jdreyer cites isn't strictly speaking fair-share. The more money someone makes, the more they pay. Nevermind the fact that mathematically speaking 20-25% on $1M+ is already significantly higher than 20-25% on $25K, $65K, or $200K. The percentages must be leveled; otherwise, it cannot be called a flat-tax.

News Comments > Into the Black
40. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2019, 00:44 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 16:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 09:47:
Odd
I must have missed the Force jump and Light Saber in nbnw. Grin

He used the force to direct the biplane into the tanker truck. How did you miss that?

The pilot had a low midichlorian count to counter the suicidal influence.

News Comments > Path of Exile Melee Change Plans
5. Re: Path of Exile Melee Change Plans Apr 16, 2019, 00:40 Kxmode

This sounds eerily like what Blizzard did with WOW over the years. There's a reason Path of Exile is enjoyed by many. It's a HARD game to play that is brutal after level 90. It's a niche game for people who like this style of play. To rock that formula they risk alienating their core fans.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2019, 00:35 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 22:49:
A flat tax makes the rich richer. It means property gets more expensive, and more goods are made solely for the rich. There's a limited amount of income in the us, so think less about your absolute take home and more about your share.

With a flat tax, your share is less. People always think about their take home, not about its actual purchasing power.

I understand how it might appear like an FT would make an affluent person more affluent. However, the basic math for why it works is a flat tax is an emotionless percentage of income. A person earning a living cannot escape taxes collected from their paycheck. It happens now. Person A making $15 p/hour and Person B making $300 p/hour both pay taxes. The difference is the current tax laws allow Person B to play the system to pay less than Person A from a percentage standpoint. Under the flat tax, they both pay the same proportion. I chose 20-25% because that's not burdensome to anyone. It is fair across all incomes.

Further, a flat tax flexibly adjusts to situations where a person got a raise or took a job for less pay. April 15th exists to determine if the government took too much and owes you, or you didn't pay enough, and you owe them. By flat-taxing income at the paycheck level, this effectively eliminates the need for April 15th for most people. By that date, regular income workers would have paid their fair share every time they got a paycheck. For those earning a self income, they would have to set aside 20% of their earnings and pay this as per usual by the April 15 deadline; or they could pay in advance, whichever is more comfortable.

Does that clarify?

News Comments > PC OCTOPATH TRAVELER in June
1. Re: PC OCTOPATH TRAVELER in June Apr 15, 2019, 18:53 Kxmode

Awesome! This and Final Fantasy 15 are the two console RPGs I've wanted to play. Completed FF15. Looking forward to this.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 18:47 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 18:40:
Uh, yes. I can do the math. Your point is not compelling(to me).

By the end of the year, people paid a wide array of taxes (e.g. income, food, gas, utilities, consumer goods, properties, rental, entertainment, and so forth). The idea by going flat tax and eliminating taxes after means mathematically there's more money in people's pocket by year's end. Not sure how that wouldn't be compelling. It's compelling to me.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 18:36 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 18:04:
W2, right -- I "misspoke" when I said W4. I can't see a flat tax ever passing and I don't think a single rate flat tax for everyone would be "fair".

It's fair from the stand point of a percentage of income meaning EVERYONE from the poor to the rich pay their share. Case in point:

Poor example: Annual salary $26,750 / 20% FT = $5,350 = Remaining $21,400
Medium example: Annual salary $65,000 / 20% FT = $13,000 = Remaining $52,000
Rich example: Annual salary $190,000 / 20% FT = $38,000 = Remaining $152,000
Wealthy example: Annual salary $1.5 Million / 20% FT = $300,000 = Remaining $1.2 Million

The remaining is basically free of additional taxes. The person actually has more in their pocket.

10. Re: No tax cut for me Apr 15, 2019, 17:52 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 16:31:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 16:08:
I ended up owing to federal. I decided to change my fed exemptions from 3 to 1. Next year IRS is going to introduce a major change to how exemptions are calculated and it's not going to be easy.
Yeah, I was reading about the new w-4s the other day. I just don't see the point unless they are going to do something like put a $100 buffer on tax outcomes. That is to say, if your taxes calculate between you owing up to $99.99 or being due a refund of up to $99.99 it is ignored by law. Because otherwise I can't imagine they can reduce the total number of refunds or people owing taxes by any significant amount. Which is, as I understand it, supposedly the thing they are attempting to do...

As I read it, the purpose is to make deductions more accurate so that people keep more of what they earn while enabling the feds not to give back so much. The problem then isn't so much the proposed complexity of the W2 but the fact that this reemphasizes the inherent complexities with taxes.

A simple across-the-board 20-25% flat tax is the best solution. As a breakdown 10/12.5% goes to the state, 10/12.5% to the feds. This deduction would come out of everyone's paycheck regardless, so there's no way to cheat or not pay it. As an offset, there would be no taxes on consumer goods, properties taxes, investments, or anything else. In other words, after paying the flat tax, the remaining income is yours to do with as you please without additional burdens. I think that would be the best way to make taxes more simple.

8. Re: No tax cut for me Apr 15, 2019, 16:08 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 14:25:
For the record, my tax rate (federal tax paid/AGI) went up by half a percent over last year. The rule changes around personal exemptions ended up lowering my income reductions by about $2k.

I ended up owing to federal. I decided to change my fed exemptions from 3 to 1. Next year IRS is going to introduce a major change to how exemptions are calculated and it's not going to be easy.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 16:04 Kxmode

Capella wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 14:15:
I am still waiting on the sequel to Titanic: Titanic 2: Jack's Back!

He has a brief cameo in Game of Thrones.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 16:02 Kxmode

Samsung Galaxy Fold USD$1,980.  

37. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2019, 15:31 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 15, 2019, 09:55:
nbnw?

North by Northwest

33. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2019, 00:46 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2019, 15:15:
At least Rian Johnson was trying to do something interesting with TLJ, flawed though that film was. With JJ at the helm of this latest one, I have little hope that it will be anything other than a schlocky cash grab. TFA was derivative trash.

Rogue One is the best of the recent movies. With Solo coming in second. Donald Glovers Lando has been the best character of the recent spare of films. I want to see his movie.

That first 20-30 seconds of the trailer rips off North by Northwest frame-for-frame. Is Abrams incapable of making an original Star Wars film?! For goodness sake, for all the faults the prequels had at least it was original.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2019, 00:44 Kxmode

TheVocalMinority wrote on Apr 14, 2019, 23:58:
Not really understanding all of the GoT love. The first few seasons were amazing but season 7 was appallingly bad and I don't think there is any reason to believe the next one will be any better.

Your name is absolutely appropriate.

15258 Comments. 763 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo