Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15594 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR for PC?
4. Re: Borderlands 2 VR for PC? Jun 30, 2019, 07:44 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 29, 2019, 23:28:
Myeeeeahh, I’d be more interested if it wasn’t single player. In my experience, games ported to VR just aren’t as compelling as games made specifically for it, especially something I already played to death.

I don't know if I agree with that. Everything I've seen of Skyrim VR makes it look like a good game.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Artificial muscles run on glucose and oxygen, just like the real thing Jun 28, 2019, 23:08 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2019, 20:55:
Simon Says wrote on Jun 28, 2019, 19:25:
Humanlike Cylon muscles? WE'RE DOOMED!
One man's doom
Is another man's heaven
If all of the cylons
Look like Seven.
Gorgeous

I think you meant Six.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

17. Mini Blues News Jun 28, 2019, 13:31 Kxmode

While we wait, here's a small assortment of gaming news for your consideration.

The Sinking City and the best Lovecraft video games
The Business Of Video Games: Market Share For Gaming Platforms in 2019 (with Infographics)
New Wolfenstein games will be released with uncensored Nazi imagery in Germany
How PC games overpowered Xbox, PlayStation and others at E3 2019
Gabe drops Half-Life 3 hints during Valve Index party, because of course he did...
Here's Why Blizzard Canceled Its World Of Warcraft Follow-Up Titan
The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project 10.0 Release Date Announced; Receives Comparison Video
Valve Changes Steam Sale After Widespread Complaints From Developers And Players
Cyberpunk 2077's Romances Are Different Than Witcher 3, With Key Similarities

Okay, handing the mic back to Stephen.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2019, 07:36 Kxmode

Visit this site and enter the Konami code.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2019, 00:19 Kxmode

A line of dialog from Seven:

SOMERSET: For a long time, the FBI has been hooked into the city's library systems, keeping very accurate records.

MILLS: They're assessing fines now?

SOMERSET: They keep lists of who takes out what books. They monitor our reading habits.

MILLS: What?

SOMERSET: Not every person is monitored. Certain books are flagged...books about, let's say, how to build a nuclear bomb, or even Mein Kampf. Whoever takes out a flagged book has their library records fed to the FBI computer from then on.

MILLS: You got to be kidding.

SOMERSET: The flagged books cover every topic the Bureau deems questionable. From communism to violent crime.

MILLS: How is this legal?

SOMERSET: Legal...illegal. These terms do not apply. I don't applaud it, but it is exactly the type of activity the public wants the FBI and the CIA to engage in. Until they find out it's actually happening, then they scream bloody murder. The FBI can't use this information directly, but, it is a useful guide. It might sound silly, but you can't get a library card without I.D. and a current phone bill.

MILLS: So they'll run our list.

SOMERSET: If you want to know who's been reading Paradise Lost, Purgatory, and say, The Life and Times of Charlie Manson, the Bureau's computer can probably tell you. It can give us a name.

That was 1995 BEFORE the Internet we know today and before the NSA PRISM program.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2019, 19:49 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 19:01:
The child was on the lawn as a result of a wholesale breakdown of the nuclear family and a mixing of the races.

I think you're confusing the 60s and 70s. This movie is about an event that happened in 1941.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
162. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2019, 19:05 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 17:55:
Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 16:02:
Ugh, I'm not going to read 155 posts,
If you read post #1 you'll learn about colors and if you read post #33 you'll learn that competition is good for everyone.
You can safely skip the rest as you have wisely chosen to do.

And then there are RedEye's posts that are tersely inept.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2019, 18:55 Kxmode

Shock wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 16:44:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 13:40:
MIDWAY looks like a Pearl Harbor reboot

It's a bad sign when your war movie trailer starts off with a woman and child in a kitchen

I think the child is outside in the lawn staring at death and destruction at a wholesale loss to her innocence, but yeah, I see your point.

158. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 17:43 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 16:02:
Ugh, I'm not going to read 155 posts, but I was just thinking of this earlier:

Everyone who argues that the extra split that EGS gives is going to somehow wind up in the hands of the developers, please think about this: The gaming industry is rife with stories of publishers abusing the LIVING FUCK out devs. Year long crunch times, 100 hour work weeks, no paid overtime, etc.

Yet somehow, you guys think that these publishers, these selfsame pieces of shit that treat human beings as fucking CATTLE, are going to voluntarily give these devs more money?

Most of the comments in this thread are opinions (mine included) that don't offer a comprehensive review of Tim's tweets. However, if you read my comment (#75), you'll see that I eviscerate Tim's fantasy utopia.

To sum up, he appears hell-bent on the idea that third-party PC exclusives will somehow lead to the promised land of consumer benefits. By themselves, exclusives create anti-consumer choice and artificially tiered access (I am separating publisher exclusives on publisher storefront [like EA on Origin] from third-party exclusives on non-publisher stores [like Deep Silver on Steam or EGS]). Further, he continues to use price reduction as one of the main pillars to justify exclusivity, when the facts show that only one or two games have ever had a preorder price reduction. The rest are sold at full-premium as they would be if on Steam and elsewhere. Exclusivity hasn't provided a benefit for consumers.

152. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 14:04 Kxmode

Numinar wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 02:01:
Wow, when did monopolies become a good thing?

All I know is a lot of idiots refuse to play phenomenal stuff like The Outer Wilds because they are sooky sooks who can't enjoy their games unless they have a white supremacist forum to shitpost on directly baked into the UI of their launcher.

And I love Steam. It's made plenty of money over the last decade and a half for making our amazing digital future a reality. But whatever other bullshit Tim is spewing, he is right that nobody else has really made a dent in Steam's market share playing fair. Let him throw money around at Devs. They can take it or not take it, whatever they need to keep a roof over their kid's heads. Making games is hard, I want them to have options. Exclusivity sucks but so do monopolies and all sorts of other industry shenanigans. It's like the Bible, it's full of insane nonsense but everyone gets hung up on the gays instead of the important shit like why can't we sell our children into slavery or quarantine menstruating women. Selective outrage at it's finest.

Also EGS is way better than Steam was for like what, the first 3 years? It was a garbage piece of bloatware that we installed because of a certain beloved exclusive. Fuck off with the moral highground.

We should probably add "the Bible," "the Gays," "slavery," and "the Womens" to Godwin's Law.

151. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 13:53 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 04:12:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 19:07:
I prefer to go to Kroger over Walmart personally.
And if something I was expecting to buy at Kroger recently became exclusive to Walmart, I'd be kind of upset about that.
Seems like a normal reaction.

The vast majority of EGS exclusives were never on Steam to begin with.

Isn't that what exclusive on EGS means?

150. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 13:52 Kxmode

150! Thanks, Tim Sweeney! Dance  

149. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 13:48 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 23:50:
Potato Head Jesus

Cannot unsee.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2019, 13:41 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 11:55:
737, the gift that keeps on giving.

Don't you mean the gift that keeps on taking? lives

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2019, 13:40 Kxmode

MIDWAY looks like a Pearl Harbor reboot  

102. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 22:53 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 22:45:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 22:29:
Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 21:43:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 21:09:
Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 18:19:

What part of Fortnite is greedy? I've only played it a bit, but it never asked me for money, unless I wanted a dance or something, but why would I want a dance or something?

Regardless, do you think he's making the decisions on Fortnite?

Oh please. Stop automatically implying I meant greed. The meaning behind the question is simple. Before Fortnite, Epic made X-amount annually. After, they made significantly more. The EGS empire is birthed off the Fortnite profits. To imply that Tim isn't driven by money is foolish. He's a CEO. He has ONE job. Drive growth and profit for his company.

I think it is cool that Tim is huge into conservation. "Sweeney has bought large tracts of land in different parks, largely in North Carolina; such as Mount Mitchell State Park, and Box Creek Wilderness and other large tracts of land to connect national parks and stop development into commercial areas. He has also donated millions on conservation projects in North Carolina and has made statements about his intent to turn a majority of the land into permanent nature conservation. He has also detailed his future plan is to protect a large amount of rare plant and wildlife species in the area, and to connect South Mountains State Park to Chimney Rock, by purchasing land and donating conservation easements to the US Fish and Wildlife Service." Source

That's noble. I wish he was more noble with EGS.

You realize that Epic is privately held, right? Privately held CEOs do not have the same fiduciary duty.

That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard someone post online. The rest of your points are rendered invalid but that statement.

100. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 22:49 Kxmode

100! Thanks, Tim Sweeney!  

94. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 22:42 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 22:10:
What part of Fortnite is greedy?
Obviously it's the part where they give money to devs and publishers so that they can grow the store.
That's greedy shady good business sense.

Even a blind dog get's a squirrel every once in a while --- Derek Smart
They're using their financial war chest to get exclusives in order to seed their store.

You don't launch a competing airline by buying all the fuel and forcing people to fly on your airliner that doesn't have basic amenities like bathrooms.

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 22:10:
The full version here.
There is absolutely NOTHING unique about the Steam v EGS fiasco because that's how competition works. And no matter how many times Tim Sweeney has to go on the record outlining *precisely* what their goal is, very few give a sh*t because of tribalism.

Yeah, because that's what this is all about: "tribalism." What a bunch of overgeneralized BS.

Derek has a history of exhibiting obnoxious behavior towards his customers on Steam's community-based ecosystem. He routinely deletes reviews to silence negativity and prop up the score. Of the few, I read, most offered legitimate criticisms of the game in question.

For Derek, putting his game on a platform that doesn't have a community component is just fine.

91. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 22:29 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 21:09:
Beamer wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 18:19:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 18:09:

If you talk to anyone that's met Tim, he's not at all driven by money. He never was.

Was that before or after Fortnite?

What part of Fortnite is greedy? I've only played it a bit, but it never asked me for money, unless I wanted a dance or something, but why would I want a dance or something?

Regardless, do you think he's making the decisions on Fortnite?

Oh please. Stop automatically implying I meant greed. The meaning behind the question is simple. Before Fortnite, Epic made X-amount annually. After, they made significantly more. The EGS empire is birthed off the Fortnite profits. To imply that Tim isn't driven by money is foolish. He's a CEO. He has ONE job. Drive growth and profit for his company.

I think it is cool that Tim is huge into conservation. "Sweeney has bought large tracts of land in different parks, largely in North Carolina; such as Mount Mitchell State Park, and Box Creek Wilderness and other large tracts of land to connect national parks and stop development into commercial areas. He has also donated millions on conservation projects in North Carolina and has made statements about his intent to turn a majority of the land into permanent nature conservation. He has also detailed his future plan is to protect a large amount of rare plant and wildlife species in the area, and to connect South Mountains State Park to Chimney Rock, by purchasing land and donating conservation easements to the US Fish and Wildlife Service." Source

That's noble. I wish he was more noble with EGS.

86. Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 26, 2019, 22:17 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 21:33:
Slick wrote on Jun 26, 2019, 20:17:
No other community cares about what store they buy a product from more than the product itself. The discussion on the games is practically nil. The threads that blow up are faffing competition between which faceless multinational billion-dollar DRM software they want to click "buy" from.

Yes, community is the key word here. I don't know how many people care more about it than the games themselves, but plenty of people care a lot about the community they're a part of on Steam. It's not just a store like Epic is right now, it's forums and profiles and social feeds and reviews and guides and achievements and media sharing and workshop mods and streaming and fully-featured chat... Maybe you don't involve yourself with much of that, but there are millions who do and some have been at it for a decade or more. They want to buy their games there not because they're lazy or because they're corporate sheep or whatever other little insults people make. It's because the games on Steam are integrated into this huge ecosystem that people like living in, the closest thing PC has to Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.

So you're right in that it's not just about the games. But it's not just about the stores, either.

Yup. Setting aside the anti-consumer and artificial delays exclusivity brings, the store itself lacks a Community component. In other words, Blues News has better community features than EGS.

15594 Comments. 780 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo