Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16051 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > EVERSPACE 2 Kickstarter

4. Re: EVERSPACE 2 Kickstarter Oct 2, 2019, 14:04 Kxmode

Does lightning strike twice in the same place?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Microtransactions Revealed and Launch Trailer Released

10. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Microtransactions Revealed and Launch Trailer Released Oct 2, 2019, 04:52 Kxmode

Everyone knows video games are expensive to make. The costs go up every year, and yet blockbuster games have sold for $60 for over the past decade. Also, the distribution platforms take their cut (Steam with 30% and EGS with 12%), so they make less. Remember the kerfuffle when the price jumped up to $59.99? Remember how long blockbuster games sold for $49.99? Today people complain about microtransactions, but they forget how much money it takes to make a game. There are only two choices: pay $60 and deal with MTX (publisher looking to be more profitable with their investment) or you pay more and not have MTX. You can't have it both ways. I'd rather pay $100 and not have microtransactions.

That said, CDPR is the rare exception in the mix. They've been able to produce a blockbuster single-player game with no microtransactions and have a third of their preorders happen on their platform where they make 100% of the money (a rare oddity in today's market). I don't know if this is doable because the studio is in Poland and the costs are considerably less.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2019, 05:03.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Out of the Blue

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2019, 21:32 Kxmode

Another Yellowstone National Park story, "Man severely burned after fall into thermal water at Old Faithful". Snippet:

"
A 48-year-old man suffered severe burns after falling into a hot spring at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming late Sunday night, the National Park Service announced.

Cade Edmond Siemers told Park Rangers that he took a walk off the boardwalk without a flashlight and tripped into the thermal water near the cone of Old Faithful Geyser, the NPS said in a statement.
"

Probably another Twitter/Selfie attempt.

News Comments > FIFA 20 Kicks Off

8. Re: FIFA 20 Kicks Off Sep 30, 2019, 18:10 Kxmode

Sacrifex wrote on Sep 27, 2019, 20:33:
People are getting exactly what they deserve. At this point, I have zero sympathy for the people buying the same broken garbage year after year, and pouring more money down the drain on pay-to-win lootboxes.

If anything, EA is doing us a favor by making a containment zone for all of those geniuses to play with each other, and leave us in peace.

Of all the comments I read on this site, this has to be quite possibly the dumbest.

News Comments > Lost Viking: Kingdom of Women Announced

1. Re: Lost Viking: Kingdom of Women Announced Sep 27, 2019, 19:09 Kxmode

There's myth and legend and then historical fact:

"One way to acquire wealth was to raid the richer countries to the south and west. ... Such raiding parties were mainly composed of men, but there is contemporary evidence from the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle that some warbands were accompanied by women and, inevitably, children, particularly if they had been away from Scandinavia for some time."

"Despite popular misconceptions, however, there is no convincing evidence that women participated directly in fighting and raiding indeed, the Chronicle describes women and children being put in a place of safety. The Viking mind, a product of a militarized culture, could certainly imagine women warriors, as evidenced by their art and mythology, but this was not an option for real women."

This is the modern mindset that women can do anything (and they can) being applied retroactively to history when history shows it didn't happen.

TL;DR - Whitewashing European history with modern sentimentality.

News Comments > FIFA 20 Kicks Off

1. Re: FIFA 20 Kicks Off Sep 27, 2019, 19:01 Kxmode

Re: FIFA 20 Rips Off

Fixed that.

News Comments > Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free

17. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 21:37 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 20:32:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 19:34:
Hmm, those removed comments didn't seem so bad. Maybe I need to review the forum rules...

They weren't. Yet someone else whom quoted them didn't have their post removed as well.

A bit uneven in the application.

Little bit confused myself. Maybe I was protected by not going to Epic Mountain with you guys. Also, please stop bouncing me...

News Comments > Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free

13. Re: Get Everything and Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Sep 26, 2019, 19:23 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 19:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 19:02:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 18:35:
YOINKED!
someone who cares will be along shortly Beam

While claiming that they don't care at all.

Shun the non-believers, Charlie! Shhhhhuunnnnnnn-naa. We found a map, to Epic Mountain. Epic Mountain, Charlie. Yeah, Charlie, Epic Mountain. It's a land of sweets and joy...and joyness.

Please stop bouncing on me...

News Comments > Anthem Cataclysm Returns

7. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Returns Sep 26, 2019, 13:38 Kxmode

As loud as a whisper and as heavy as a thuddddddddddddddd.  

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity

4. Re: Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity Sep 25, 2019, 21:53 Kxmode

-OR-

A year's training to bring console controller users up to parity with KB/M users

News Comments > Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com

20. Re: Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com Sep 25, 2019, 17:34 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 16:42:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 14:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 11:38:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 11:33:
Snagged.
DITTO

It's really easy to boast such a thing when the platform isn't Steam amirite?

Nope. I am platform agnostic. When Steam gives away games that interest me, I snag those, too.

/Tosses the empty troll food bag in the trash on his way out

The question was addressed to Redeye. I have yet to see him post a "snagged" comment on freebie Steam giveaways.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2019, 17:31 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 16:23:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 16:20:
Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 09:46:
Simon Says wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 07:24:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 22:04:
JOKER final trailer

The more trailers they release, more and more I am certain I'll never go see that crap at the theater, probably not even on TV. It looks so boring.

Unless the movie is like the polar opposite of the trailers, I'm gonna yawn/skip most of it.

Too me, it looks exactly like some of the reviews claim: it's trying really hard to be a 1970s crime story, like Taxi Driver,

An interesting dynamic when you consider Robert De Niro is in the film as the target of the antagonist.

And that De Niro is playing a character similar to the one he opposed in The King of Comedy.

Hollywood is a small word after all.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2019, 16:20 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 09:46:
Simon Says wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 07:24:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 22:04:
JOKER final trailer

The more trailers they release, more and more I am certain I'll never go see that crap at the theater, probably not even on TV. It looks so boring.

Unless the movie is like the polar opposite of the trailers, I'm gonna yawn/skip most of it.

Too me, it looks exactly like some of the reviews claim: it's trying really hard to be a 1970s crime story, like Taxi Driver,

An interesting dynamic when you consider Robert De Niro is in the film as the target of the antagonist.

News Comments > Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com

15. Re: Freespace 2 Free on GOG.com Sep 25, 2019, 14:28 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 11:38:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 11:33:
Snagged.
DITTO

It's really easy to boast such a thing when the platform isn't Steam amirite?

News Comments > Noita Early Access

7. Re: Noita Early Access Sep 25, 2019, 13:52 Kxmode

KS wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 09:01:
"where every pixel is physically simulated" (as opposed to...?)

Ohhhhh, as opposed to being drawings. The pixels are physical units with their own mass, momentum, and stickiness in a field of gravity.

I'm guessing those aren't pre-rendered animations of things collapsing but rather the result of the above physics rules unfolding. Shoot a different spot and different chunks fall off.

Yup. All of that comes at a cost too. The game is incredibly lagged on my machine (I7-8700), mainly when epic explosions occur.

It might be worth it to implement fuzzy logic into the game to determine when physics is applied. In other words, physics apply to pixels based on certain conditions. For example, what type of weapon myself or enemies use (e.g., ones capable of explosions)? Where did myself or enemies aim say weapon? Estimate the size of the bang. Are there explosive barrels in the area where myself or enemies is aiming or where the explosion is occurring? If there are large bodies of liquid? And so forth. In other words, not every pixel needs physics, just those that would need it most based on certain conditions. I think doing that would drastically improve performance.

News Comments > Star Control: Origins: Earth Rising: The Syndicate Released

4. Re: Star Control: Origins: Earth Rising: The Syndicate Released Sep 25, 2019, 13:40 Kxmode

Announcer: Hold it! Is that what you're playing?

Man: Sure, haven't you heard? Colons are really good for you.

Announcer: Well, there's colons, and then there's high colon. Try this.

Man: Hmm.. Colon Blow. Sounds like fun. But is it really higher in colons than my Colon game?

Announcer: Take a guess: How many colons of your colon game would it take to equal the colon content of one session of Colon Blow?

Man: One?

Announcer: We'll give you one more guess.

Man: Two.

Announcer: Not even close. It would take 3 colons! To play through that much colon gaming, you'd have to consume ten hours a day, every day for eight and a half years!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2019, 22:04 Kxmode

JOKER final trailer  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2019, 15:55 Kxmode

Noita is out today in early access but plays like a solid beta product. An AWESOME rogue-like dungeon crawler. The pixel physics are insane! Buttery smooth animations.  

News Comments > Playing for the Planet

25. Re: Playing for the Planet Sep 24, 2019, 15:41 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 11:12:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 07:15:
This Swedish girl is a product of her handlers. She is espousing what adults with a specific agenda have told her. I don't think she is bonkers, just misinformed by the people that are using her. I find it very sad that people have to use a child to push such an agenda, especially when it is not backed by any scientific facts. Yes, the earth is warming, but the silly sky is falling nonsense has no basis in fact.

No the sky isn't falling but the earth is going down the drain really fucking fast. Many suspect we've already moved beyond the tipping point and are at the start of the next extinction level event, meaning it's already too late. This isn't a drop off a cliff, but a long slide into extinction that picks up speed as it goes. Ecosystems are collapsing. Keystone species are disappearing. We're running out of fresh water, top soil, arable land. Population is exploding and everyone demands more, more, more. It's completely unsustainable - and has been for several decades now. Yeah, there's an agenda, the 'Hey I live on this planet too and it would be really nice if it didn't go to Hell in a handbasket in the next couple of decades which is exactly where it's going' agenda.

Extinction? That's cute. Any other fortune cookie prophecies you care to share?

News Comments > Billion Dollar Borderlands 3

80. Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 24, 2019, 15:37 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 14:46:
Dwarf-Snowninja wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 12:30:
Except that comparing EGS year one to Steam year one is a false comparison, as EGS is not operating in a vacuum. Steam was terribad for several years; Epic has years and years of data (buying patterns, store layout, etc etc...) it could've analyzed and integrated into their store. They could've avoided several glaringly obvious shortcomings that can't be excused in this day and age; they didn't, and that's on them. Snip

This double standard is beyond me. Some demon in hell decides to compete with fucking Satan HIMSELF and the stupid AF imps flock to Satan's defence. Steam started this shit. I remember like it was yesterday how fucking terrible I thought it was that I needed this ridiculously bad "Steam" program to play HL2. I didn't know wtf it was and it took me a while to accept that new status quo. I think I was 15 at the time.

So yeah, blame EGS for its exclusivity bullshit but even now I am again starting to shake in my opinion. I no longer care if EGS wants to open up their store to triple A titles but only accept an exclusivity deal with indies. In the end, indies have their indie platform now. It's called Steam. The devil himself.

Did you seriously use that as a background to compare Steam? Are you mental?

16051 Comments. 803 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >