Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11550 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
18. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 16:11 Kxmode

nin wrote on May 6, 2016, 15:46:
You're spinning a pie in the sky narrative with nothing to back it up other than "trust me on this".

Last week, you announced the most popular mmo in the history of gaming would be shut down in 5 years, again, with nothing but "trust me,
I know stuff".

That's delusion. Your are letting your emotions cloud your judgement, and making wacky claims with no proof.

I cannot stress how important this point is: Analysis is NEVER delusional. It's the glue that helps people make educated guesses about the future. Seriously, people purchasing stocks typically base their conclusions on an analysis of company performance AND consumer response.

- We know, for a fact, Blizzard shut down Nostalrius at the very beginning of Q2; the negative effect is going to ripple throughout the entire quarter.
- We know, for a fact, Blizzard angered a sizable number of people.
- We know, for a fact, people have cancelled their WOW subscriptions.
- We know, for a fact, people have cancelled their Overwatch and Legion preorders.
- We know, for a fact, people have stopped buying Blizzard's other games.
- We know, for a fact, people have stopped buying DLCs for HOTS and Hearthstone.
- Many have said they will not see the Warcraft film (I'm not sure if this will happen, so I'm classifying it as a variable).

Those are facts as I've seen them online. ALL of this is either going to or has hit Blizzard like a tidal wave. Not only is their PR being damaged they are also sustaining financial damage as well.

Will Blizzard collapse because of this? No.
Will Blizzard fire anyone because of this? Likely no.
Will Blizzard sell millions of copies of Overwatch and Legion? Of course.
Will people resub to WOW to play Legion? Of course.
Will Blizzard bring vanilla servers online? (I'm not sure so that's why I'm classifying this as a variable).

These are also facts based on current and past indicators.

All of information above combined together helps create a reasonable conclusion that at the end of Q2 Blizzard is going to suffer from drastic reduction in Q2 profits. I believe I've presented my case very rationally. If you still think I'm being delusional then you're entitled to your opinion.

As far as the WOW shutting down in 5 years, again I made this prediction based on an analysis of several factors. I'm not going to go into the details of what they are but suffice it to say if Blizzard doesn't bring vanilla back WOW's shelf is going to drop to 5 years.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paragon Trailer
4. Re: Paragon Trailer May 6, 2016, 15:49 Kxmode

SpectralMeat wrote on May 6, 2016, 15:11:
When is this scheduled to releases?

According to Wikipedia, Q2/Q3 2016

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

15. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 15:41 Kxmode

nin wrote on May 6, 2016, 15:14:
Kxmode wrote on May 6, 2016, 15:08:
It's an absolute certainty that Blizzard's numbers are going to be drastically lower at the end of Q2.

Still waiting on a number.

Also, you're delusional.

I've analyzed the situation and made a deduction based on the available evidence. The evidence suggests the amount of backlash against Blizzard is going to have negative effect on their Q2 profits. As far as specific numbers go I cannot provide this because I don't know; realistically no one knows, not even Blizzard. "Drastically lower" was language specifically chosen for this reason.

Let's look at the definition of two words.

delusion - an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

analysis - detailed examination of the elements or structure of something, typically as a basis for discussion or interpretation.

So in conclusion an analysis can never be delusional when it based on facts. You've been a reasonable person nin. What gives?

14. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 15:29 Kxmode

Brazor wrote on May 6, 2016, 01:20:
HorrorScope wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:26:
Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:09:
No he's saying they're going to go down because they snubbed a pirate vanilla WoW server

LOL
Yeah
They are not worried about those people.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743584206
They put the line out to see if there are enough people with interest in features that they can do. Also to keep the forums clean and not full of multiple threads on the same topic.

I was surprised that they said anything at all. They usually stay silent to keep from feeding rage. Fortunately, they are still being noble about it. I know there are some Blizz people outside of the WoW dev team that disagree.

The wellspring of support has been exponentially growing since TBC's release. Fans have repeatedly asked Blizzard on the official WOW forums and at Blizzcon for legacy servers; they said no. To Brack's "you think you do, but you don't" Nostalrius demonstrated a proof of concept that worked with close to a million accounts and 150,000 active accounts. Over 250,000 and growing have signed the petition. All of Blizzard's social media channels have been swamped with people specifically asking for vanilla servers. Most of the top Twitch channels have pledged to stream vanilla and retail WOW if Blizzard hosts official vanilla server. Together they have a viewership of 14 million. This would instantly make WOW the #1 stream. People like JonTron, with million of subscribers, created videos talking about vanilla and legacy servers; at present there's about 76,000 Nostalrius videos on Youtube. On top of ALL of this vanilla team lead Mark Kern has given his support and voice to help us. All this work has finally paid off because Blizzard is separately meeting with Nostalrius and Mark Kern very soon.

Will Blizzard say yes after all that? I don't know. I hope. But it would be an industry first and set a precedent for a publisher as big as Blizzard to bring legacy content online concurrent to live version.

12. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 15:08 Kxmode

Frijoles wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:00:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 22:18:
Wait until Q2 ends Blizzard. Your numbers are going to be drastically lower; guaranteed.

Are you saying their numbers are going to go down despite launching their first new game in 17 years? Or they're going to go down because people will leave Overwatch and everything else? What happens in the next 2 months?

No, I'm making that prediction based on numerous people saying they've cancelled their WOW subs (I did too), cancelled Overwatch and Legion preorders (I cancelled Legion), not purchasing other games (I was going to buy the complete Starcraft 2 collection, not anymore), not buying DLCs for HOTS and Hearthstone, and many won't see the film (though that's probably not going to happen). Blizzard's actions caused a negative ripple effect to all their products. It's an absolute certainty that Blizzard's numbers are going to be drastically lower at the end of Q2.

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
43. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 22:29 Kxmode

Esoteric wrote on May 5, 2016, 17:05:
Although I'm liking Battleborn quite a bit more, I think I'll have enough fun in OW to warrant picking it up for 40. OW is more polished than BB, but I find BB to be more fun and have more depth. Very different kind of games.

There's also Paragon from Epic in case OW and BB don't cut it.

42. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 22:21 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2016, 14:45:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 14:38:
Boycott Blizzard. Give us WOW vanilla servers!

Weren't you just arguing the other day that this is the kind of post you don't make?

I don't recall that. Feel free to quote a post where I said that.

4. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 5, 2016, 22:18 Kxmode

Wait until Q2 ends Blizzard. Your numbers are going to be drastically lower; guaranteed.  

21. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 14:38 Kxmode

Boycott Blizzard. Give us WOW vanilla servers!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 13:38 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on May 5, 2016, 12:07:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:30:
I wonder how many people actually celebrate Cinco de Mayo to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

Happy anniversary Wolf 3D! The first game to induce nausea.

Only those who blatantly copy text from Wikipedia.

I am the best copy ninja.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 11:32 Kxmode

Blue wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:31:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:30:
I wonder how many people actually celebrate Cinco de Mayo to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

Just seems like an excuse to party.

People never need a reason to party.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 11:30 Kxmode

Happy anniversary Wolf 3D! The first game to induce nausea.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial
23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 5, 2016, 04:06 Kxmode

thecakeisalie wrote on May 4, 2016, 21:13:
Pretty graphics, cool sound. . . . Terrible decision by EA to put the most OP gun in the game into the "Digital Deluxe" edition. It's been nerfed now but that's not the point. People who paid extra at launch had an "I win" gun to start with that everyone else had to grind for. Almost no one plays anymore either.

That right there sums up Star Citizen's dilemma if and when they ever release the final version of PU.

News Comments > Respawn Developing a Star Wars Game
15. Re: Respawn Developing a Star Wars Game May 5, 2016, 03:59 Kxmode

Calling it today: Star Wars 1313. EA got all the assets for this project from LucasArts and saw that there was potential. Star Wars meets Gears of Wars perhaps. Something more gritty in the Star Wars universe. Who knows how far they got but if the E3 preview videos were any indicator it looks like they got passed the brainstorm phase, the concept phase, engine dev phase, and was in production phase. That's a lot to stuff to work with. Plus Respawn used to work on Call of Duty so working on 1313 is something they could easily transition into.

So mark today, May 5, 2016: Respawn is working on reviving Star Wars 1313.

News Comments > Steam Customer Review Changes
28. Re: Steam Customer Review Changes May 5, 2016, 02:05 Kxmode

I think games like Batman Arkham Knight are the ones that will see the most benefit. BAK's Recent versus Overall reviews show completely different pictures. This will definitely help people see if the newer game is worth purchasing. Overall a great move from Valve and a win-win for gamers and publishers.  

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 4, 2016, 14:59 Kxmode

Ceribaen wrote on May 4, 2016, 14:49:
Kxmode wrote on May 4, 2016, 14:38:
wasteoid wrote on May 4, 2016, 12:37:
First, free trial. Then, free to play (pay to win). Then, servers are shutdown.

Recent changes to the DMCA by the LOC gives people the legal ability to create tools in order to keep playing multiplayer games after the official servers shutdown. EA has no choice but to keep their servers running indefinitely.

Well you know, except for that giant loophole that was provided where if there was any copyrightable content kept on a server and then fed to the client (which could easily be stretched to mean music, art assets) - there's no exemption provided.

The EFF and other organizations are actively working to add defunct MMOs in that list.

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 4, 2016, 14:38 Kxmode

wasteoid wrote on May 4, 2016, 12:37:
First, free trial. Then, free to play (pay to win). Then, servers are shutdown.

Recent changes to the DMCA by the LOC gives people the legal ability to create tools in order to keep playing multiplayer games after the official servers shutdown. EA has no choice but to keep their servers running indefinitely.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 4, 2016, 14:34 Kxmode

There's no such thing as free trial. This is basically EA's attempt to get people into their multiplayer F2P so they can use the cash sucker shop.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2016, 19:40 Kxmode

This comment was edited on May 3, 2016, 19:47.

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
15. Re: Battleborn Begins May 3, 2016, 13:46 Kxmode

Benedict Caldarius is a really great actor.

11550 Comments. 578 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo