Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14337 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Limit Theory Cancelled
38. Re: Limit Theory Cancelled Oct 4, 2018, 18:28 Kxmode

"It is with a heart of lead that I write this announcement. Not in my darkest nightmares did I expect this day to ever come, but circumstances have reached a point that even my endless optimism can no longer rectify. I can not finish Star Citizen and Squadron 42."  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Blizzard President
3. Re: New Blizzard President Oct 3, 2018, 21:12 Kxmode

There really is no one better than JAB. Most of the veterans, save Allen Adham, have left Blizzard.

That said, the direction Blizzard has taken WOW over the past decade remains a love/hate thing for me.

I LOVE the ample QOL additions and features they added over the years including extensive improvements to the engine to make it run super fast and smooth on today's hardware.

I HATE the move/push towards eSports in Blizzard's current crop of titles. JAB infamously told a fan at a BlizzCon when he asked about vanilla, "You think you do, but you don't" demonstrating a total disconnect between what the players want and want the dev's want. JAB has been the face for the Classic server since its announcement, so perhaps much was learned by him and the devs from their meeting with Nostalrius in 2016.

If nothing else with JAB as the president, Blizzard will continue to run smoothly for the foreseeable future.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2018, 15:01 Kxmode

First time I've seen and heard it.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2018, 14:27 Kxmode

I got a presidential message on my phone a few minutes ago. Startled me. Anyhow, I didn't read the message. Don't care.  

News Comments > PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
2. Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 2, 2018, 19:37 Kxmode

Conversely 0.009% of China's or India's populations  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo
23. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Oct 2, 2018, 18:19 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 20:02:
chickenboo wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 19:03:
I'm sure I'll never make it to level 40 when mounts open up, it'll just be too grindy.
I suspect many of the improvements made to the game for level advancement will be present on the Classic server. Getting to 40 probably won't be too bad...

Then it's not classic. That's called Pristine. Vanilla fans are completely against that (including myself). I'll know more come BlizzCon. I have my virtual ticket and am ready to try the demo. I don't mind updating the graphics, but the gameplay and mechanics better be classic-classic or Blizz and I are going to have words. WORDS, I say!

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
33. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 17:48 Kxmode

christheshitter wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 16:34:
Really i can't believe everyone is so down on the Witcher games. The Witcher games are the most overrated games in history.

They are assboring!

It's sad that you kids don't know good games from bad games.

This guy

32. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 17:47 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 14:02:
Man I hope the court is on CDPR’s side. “I see you signed this deal here.” “Yeah but that’s because I didn’t think it’d become big!” “So? YOU SIGNED THIS.”

The court is on CDPR's side. A contract is a contract is a contract. If it's legal, it's law. That said, CDPR's comment about wanting to "maintain good relations with authors of works which have inspired CD PROJEKT RED’s own creations" speaks volumes to the caliber of professionals working there. They could legally tell him to take a hike, but they're willing to "go to great lengths to ensure amicable resolution of this dispute." Classy folks!

31. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 17:36 Kxmode

In other news, Voice of GTA IV's Niko Bellic wants more respect. "It's tough, when you see Grand Theft Auto IV out there as the biggest thing going right now, when they're making hundreds of millions of dollars, and we don't see any of it." CDPR is not legally obligated to give Mr. Sapkowski anything more than what the contract required. That CDPR is willing to "go to great lengths to ensure amicable resolution of this dispute" shows their professional character.  

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
3. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Sep 30, 2018, 17:41 Kxmode

Good for them! Glad the game is still thriving and there's still an audience craving more.  

20. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 29, 2018, 07:32 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 28, 2018, 02:55:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 19:08:
Who are you? Blink twice, if you're in trouble.

Why dude? I think I've been pretty consistent in ranting against virtual ticket insanity and also in ranting against CIG .

It's just beyond me why people pay to watch advertising and promo but that goes beyond gaming.
As a non-American I was shocked when I heard from someone that pay-per-view for the frickin' Superbowl costs $100.
And as if that wasn't insane enough... ONE HUNDRED fucking dolares americanos for ONE fucking event... it's not even ad-free!!?!? What. The. Actual. Fuuuuuuuck?!?!? :o

Consider this. Of all the big AAA-studios Blizzard is one of the few to produce a full-sized convention to celebrate their games with their fans. In turn, people go to the convention in person or virtually to celebrate Blizzard's products with Blizzard and other fans. It's mutual love for each. I'm pretty sure Blizzard isn't making much from BlizzCon as they do from the games and services (e.g. WOW server transfers). The logistics probably cost a lot of money. They do it because it creates as much excitement for their work as it does for the fans. You can imagine the company morale after a BlizzCon is sky high. You shouldn't be so cynical about it.

15. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket Includes Blizzcon WoW Classic Demo Sep 27, 2018, 19:08 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 17:06:
Well, I'm betting Chris Roberts is taking notes...

*scribble* scribble*

"People are more likely to buy into virtual tickets when coupled with a demo. Bundle virtual CitizenCon ticket with Squadron 42 demo next year. Or the year after that. Or 2024. Or... whenever."

*scribble* *scribble*

Anyone who pays a publisher to watch their advertising is batshit insane in my book. I mean how fucking crazy do you have to be to pay them for showering you with ads and promo about their upcoming (in the case of Actiblizz mostly casual shit) games? Holy fuck!

If anything, they should pay, or somehow incentivize, you for your gracious, generous courtesy to attend to the event(s). You are very generously giving them your time and attention.
Paying for a virtual ticket is the very definition of ass-backward. It's total insanity. It's like those weirdos paying to get shat on their belly. WTF?!?

Who are you? Blink twice, if you're in trouble.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2018, 18:31 Kxmode

Quick note: Fathom Events is presenting The Transformers Movie (1986) in theaters for one day only on September 27th in United States and Canada. Generation one Transformers are the best Transformers.

19. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 27, 2018, 18:42 Kxmode

I'm taking a break from Blues News for awhile.  

News Comments > Xbox All Access Announced
4. Re: Xbox All Access Announced Aug 27, 2018, 18:35 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 17:36:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 16:39:
The PC Master Race, the console peasants, and the gamer dregs consisting of Xbox One X renters, casual Phone apps, and Microsoft Solitaire.

A very keen observation indeed and 100% on the money.

Yeah, the burger-munching bottom of the barrel plebs outnumber the connoisseurs but why should we care about their self-imposed misery? If they enjoy basking in peasantry, mediocrity and outright shittiness then so be it.

!!PCMR4EVAH!!

I'm not referring to quality (with the exception of phone apps). Xbox One X is definitely not mediocrity. I'm talking about the common denominator cost of ownership among the gamer tiers. Case in point, at the top level, PC gamers are willing to drop $1,200 on ONE video card, while tier 3 gamers go rent-to-own at $22 a month.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2018, 16:44 Kxmode

Amazon is offering their employees $50 gift cards to say nice things about the company on social media to improve their image.  

15. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 27, 2018, 16:41 Kxmode

I'll pass on all the NC-17 garbage. It doesn't add to the unfolding story. Its only purpose is to shock the senses in variety of ways.  

News Comments > Xbox All Access Announced
1. Re: Xbox All Access Announced Aug 27, 2018, 16:39 Kxmode

Mainly video games for people who can't afford the system. So now we have three tiers of gamers. The PC Master Race, the console peasants, and the gamer dregs consisting of Xbox One X renters, casual Phone apps, and Microsoft Solitaire. Ironically that last segment is probably more profitable than the prior two.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Weekend
33. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 27, 2018, 13:11 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 10:47:
As for netcode optimisation, the engine change had no bearing as CIG is currently developing its own netcode.

I saw that in their roadmap. If I recall correctly netcode optimization appears in every quarter.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 10:47:
One of the major reasons for the change was to reduce server costs by moving from Google's cloud infrastructure to that of Amazon

That would make sense for Object Container Streaming.

13. Re: Star Citizen Free Weekend Aug 27, 2018, 02:12 Kxmode

Subscribed to HBO Go via Amazon and then Vidangel so that I can watch several of HBO originals filtered to my tastes. I like fantasy entertainment like Willow, Krull, The Princess Bride, Lord of the Rings trilogy, and so forth. I'm just not a fan of the GOT's NC-17 rated material. Vidangel covers seven seasons and provides a high degree of filter options per episode and series. I've adjusted the filters to get the show down to a PG-13 rating. Should be better for my tastes. If you're looking for something like that, check out Vidangel.

Episode 1 review. Yeah. Excellent service. First episode was real good. It was on the level of Lord of the Rings rating's wise. There were some noticeable cuts but overall I understood the first episode. Overall, really liking the service. It does precisely what I was hoping it would do.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2018, 03:55.

14337 Comments. 717 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo