Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11386 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 20:43 Kxmode

Nucas wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:41:
i recall that he's brought up before he's some kind of software developer who doesn't make much more than this and resents that the underclasses are now on equal footing with him since their jobs "don't warrant a living wage", unlike his.

IIRC I wrote that I make "several digits more" which is a vague way of saying a lot more than $15. I'm not going to post my annual salary on the public video game news site. I'm sure you understand.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 20:34 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 16:17:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:15:
Bodolza wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:19:
It's incremental and it starts at 5%. Labor at a restaurant is typically 30% of running expenses, so that minimum wage increase is increasing their costs around 2%, and it doesn't even go into effect until next year. You're "really awesome" restaurant is clearly using this as an excuse to screw over its customers.
^^^ So this. ^^^

They were probably looking for a way to decrease their discount cards and now they can blame it on taxes.
Some customers will never grasp the bigger picture.

Since you appear adamant about instigating another foul-mouthed conflict I'll drop this headline in your lap and let you ponder the potential ramifications; aka the bigger picture.
You're in full agreement with the higher minimum wage, get over yourself.

Posting a link to a news article doesn't change my view. Quit making conclusions on my behalf.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

19. Re: fucking bullshit christians and their bullshit fake moralilty Apr 4, 2016, 20:30 Kxmode

rudra wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:09:
this is for YOU, kxmode

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment

I know precisely what those passages mean and they have nothing to do with what you're implying. If you were a bible study you'd know this.

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
20. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 18:34 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 17:28:
deqer wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 09:41:
The hype is real, for this game.

If you like fun, then buy this game.

N to the O to the P to the E.

Yeah, you know me.
* drops mic *
I gotta pee.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 15:24 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 15:15:
Bodolza wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 13:19:
It's incremental and it starts at 5%. Labor at a restaurant is typically 30% of running expenses, so that minimum wage increase is increasing their costs around 2%, and it doesn't even go into effect until next year. You're "really awesome" restaurant is clearly using this as an excuse to screw over its customers.
^^^ So this. ^^^

They were probably looking for a way to decrease their discount cards and now they can blame it on taxes.
Some customers will never grasp the bigger picture.

Since you appear adamant about instigating another foul-mouthed conflict I'll drop this headline in your lap and let you ponder the potential ramifications; aka the bigger picture.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2016, 15:06 Kxmode

Joss wrote on Apr 4, 2016, 14:20:
DLC - Angry Forest Creatures inbound! RAWR!

Badgers? Badgers? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGERS!

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic
13. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 13:49 Kxmode

I'm Underwhelmed.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 13:34 Kxmode

@Bodolza - I'm not saying it's bad or good. I'm simply reporting that some restaurants, at least one where I live, are responding to the new law.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2016, 12:10 Kxmode

As of 9AM PST, it's official. California's minimum wage is now $15 per hour (will be phased in by 2022); signed into law by Governor Brown. Businesses are already looking for ways to offset the cost. A really awesome Steak Cheese Restaurant near my house posted a notice saying due to the wage increase they would be dropping their 25% discount cards down to 10% effective immediately.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2016, 12:42.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
46. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 4, 2016, 12:03 Kxmode

How is this any different than what Microsoft or Apple does, or what stores do when you sign up for their Rewards card? Privacy is a fairy tale. It's doesn't exist anymore.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2016, 13:54 Kxmode

Julio wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 06:02:
Hope you checked the expiry date, I know someone who drank a really old one and puked for a while after.

I did. Expires 4/1/2017. It's just nasty.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 3, 2016, 13:51 Kxmode

GTA5 is back again. That game is ridiculous. Rockstar must have made like a gazillion dollars by now.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2016, 02:34 Kxmode

So I bought one of those small 6 packs of Ensure. Thought maybe getting some vitamins in shake form would be good for me. Well I drank one tonight. I feel like I'm going to die. Don't buy Ensure! It's evil!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2016, 16:14 Kxmode

Demoniaca's creator Fabio Consorti writes regarding his Kickstarter efforts, "if Kickstarter fails, I will relaunch a new campaign." W.C. Fields said it best: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use in being a damn fool about it." I think there's a lot of people in the video game industry who could benefit from those words.

News Comments > Fool Me Twice 2016
9. Re: Fool Me Twice, 2016 Apr 2, 2016, 15:19 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Apr 2, 2016, 02:27:
They're running a kickstarter to fund a new April Fool's joke right now. The joke should be finished approximately May, 2019. Date may shift, though.

It's going to most epic joke ever in the history of joke sims!

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage?
1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Gameplay Footage? Apr 2, 2016, 15:17 Kxmode

Well that person is going to be fired.  

News Comments > Fool Me Twice 2016
2. Re: Fool Me Twice, 2016 Apr 1, 2016, 22:53 Kxmode

Pretty sure Star Citizen is a 4-year old April Fool's joke.  

News Comments > Fool Me Once 2016
3. Re: Fool Me Once 2016 Apr 1, 2016, 12:12 Kxmode

DeviantArt ArtStroke  

News Comments > Fool Me Once 2016
2. Re: Fool Me Once 2016 Apr 1, 2016, 11:03 Kxmode

Half Life 3 confirmed!  

81. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 01:07 Kxmode

That's a really nice passage!

Did you get a chance to read the last few passages of Ecclesiastes? They nicely sum up everything.

(Ecclesiastes 12:8-14)

8 "The greatest futility!" says the congregator. "Everything is futile."

9 Not only had the congregator become wise but he continually taught the people what he knew, and he pondered and made a thorough search in order to compile many proverbs. 10 The congregator sought to find delightful words and to record accurate words of truth.

11 The words of the wise are like oxgoads, and their collected sayings are like firmly embedded nails; they have been given from one shepherd. 12 As for anything besides these, my son, be warned: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.

13 The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. 14 For the true God will judge every deed, including every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad.

Helps me evaluate how I live my life. Am I living a selfish life or am I living my life in the pursuit of doing good to others and helping to share bible truths?

Thanks for share BobBob.

11386 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo