Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13167 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: New AMD Drivers Support Dual Vega GPUs Sep 22, 2017, 16:47 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 14:51:
I'm still at the Kes part of the rewatch before they introduced Seven. Janeway is ridiculous, just perfect at dealing with everything while simultaneously tolerating far too much, drives me bananas. The actress does a great job but the character is very poorly written. A lot of wasted time on secondary character developments that end up going nowhere too. It just feels like the writers have been throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. It's worse offense is just how bland and unambitious it is. The Delta quadrant stuff was a huge opportunity but it's the same recycled plot lines and bullshit with even worse tropes.

So far the canon stuff in Voyager isn't wonderful either. One episode they're tractoring everything with the shields up, next one they can't because <reasons>. I can normally ignore this sort of minutiae but they are going back and forth on everything, almost every single episode.

I'm thinking of just ditching this and swapping to Enterprise to see how much worse things could get. At least it would be entertaining, Voyager is just so boring.

Cool! You have long ways to go then. In no particular order here are my favorite Voyager episodes for when you get to them.

"Blink of an Eye" - This episode is fantastic. It is a confluence of time dilation and deity worship, and how one affects the other. It is also Voyager's most science fiction episode.

"Year of Hell" - This two-parter presents the amazing duality between nihilism and faith while demonstrating the consequences of altering history.

"The Thaw" - Probably one of Trek's creepiest episodes. A weird "IT" like man-clown terrorizes the crew to feed on their fears. Guest star Michael McKean gives an excellent scary performance as The Clown.

"Death Wish" - An unusual story about a member of the Q who wants to commit suicide, the morality of his decision, and the impact his decision has on the Continuum who have not known death from one of their own.

"False Profits" - An excellent follow-up and conclusion to the ST: TNG episode "The Price."

"Real Life" - A fun episode about the Doctor trying to create a perfect holodeck family and discovering there's no such thing as the perfect family.

"Scorpion" - This two-parter introduces a new species stronger than the Borg and a threat to the entire galaxy if left unchecked. It forces Janeway into a moral decision to ally with the Borg against a common enemy. "The enemy of my enemy is NOT my friend!"

"Living Witness" - An excellent "What If" story and an example of how information can become distorted over the centuries.

"Nothing Human" - A rare episode, and one of my top five, about the morality of using medical information obtained through unethical means. I cannot stress how fantastic it is all the way through. The performances from all the cast are stellar.

"Endgame" - Of all the Trek series endings this one, I think, has the most satisfying conclusion.

"Mortal Coil" - Neelix experiences a loss of faith when his "paradise" after death turns out to not be real. I have my reasons for liking the episode but primarily because I know all the nonsense religions talk about beyond death is a lie. There is nothing past death; that is why it is called "death." Humans cannot comprehend the notion of "death" as being final.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2017, 14:16 Kxmode

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire out today! Dance  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > LawBreakers Patch Adds Content
3. Re: LawBreakers Patch Adds Content Sep 22, 2017, 04:10 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 22:33:
If Cliffy had JUST listened to me, I wanted to call it WindBreakers.

Don't make a stink about it. JawBreakers sounds flavorful.

58. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2017, 03:42 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 06:57:
Notice how he changed the subject to the number or removed posts i have because that "proves" I am wrong or not knowledgeable enough to argue w/him. He must have read that in a book that tells people not to eat raw pork, the very same one written by stupid people

But as a "good" hypocritical christian you are required by the "bible" to berate people over their faults. Which makes him the good-est.

I'm not berating you. I am only pointing out the difference between how you and I reply to topics. You likely have more knowledge than me in a variety of subjects, but the method you choose comes across as rather juvenile and coarse. Labels like "good hypocritical christian," "stoopid human," "sky wizard," and "book of myth" distract attention away from the discussion and into the realm of "drown them with noise."

Beamer wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 08:28:
I'm guessing someone told you that you didn't have any, so you saw no need for proof. The rest of us, meanwhile, can click on your name, then type "removed" in the search bar, and see that you have 11 of them.

"Zero," eleven, same thing, eh?

I chose my words carefully, and I stand by what I wrote: "I have zero for such things." That means comments removed for things not related to religion.

Verno wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 08:46:
Speaking of juvenile, didn't you already say multiple times you would stop doing this crap?

Yes, and I rescind that. As long as you all continue to muck up Blue's News with non-video game political nonsense (something I loathe), then I will continue to mention Biblical stuff on occasion (something you loath). Free and fair speech. When you stop; I stop.

15. Re: Molecular robots Sep 22, 2017, 00:27 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 19:32:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 19:02:
Has science gone too far?

Not until I get warp drive and laser guns. Oh, and hot lady androids.

I just want food replicators. It would feed millions. No child should go to sleep hungry.

11. Re: Molecular robots Sep 21, 2017, 19:02 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 18:36:
Creston wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 14:56:
Holy crap. Nanotech is coming!

"To put that size into context, a billion billion of these robots piled on top of each other would still only be the same size as a single grain of salt."

DA FUQ!?!?! Rubeyes

Has science gone too far?

News Comments > Steam User Reviews Change
11. Re: Steam User Reviews Change Sep 20, 2017, 23:19 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 11:31:
"We decided to do what is really the least amount of work for us."

Huzzah. Thanks Valve.

As a web developer, that graph didn't take "the least amount of work."

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2017, 02:08 Kxmode

If anyone is interested, I developed a Tampermonkey script for the sole purpose of hiding any games from your Steam Wishlist that is not on sale. It's for those of us who only buy during Steam sales. Enjoy!  

News Comments > Steam User Reviews Change
3. Re: Steam User Reviews Change Sep 19, 2017, 23:09 Kxmode

We think this makes sense when you realize that, generally speaking, earlier purchasers of a game are more likely to enjoy it than later purchasers.

I'm actually interested to see this on No Man's Sky.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2017, 23:06 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 11:45:
Logic escapes some.
It wasn't just someone, but in his own words, stupid humans.
Oh the irony.

As for having the most * REMOVED * comments, that's laughable. I count less than 15 out of 4200 comments, half of those being my overzealous responses to his cult-like religious zealotry.

And I have zero for such things, which, once again, demonstrates my ability to discuss "taboo" topics without bringing the ire of Blue or the mods. Typically people with a firm knowledge of the subject they speak about usually don't get 15 of their comments removed. Just saying.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2017, 22:55 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 13:47:
Biblical prophecy claims the world will end on Sept. 23, Christian numerologists claim
Probably uses the bluesnews forums as his source.

An example of the playground antics I spoke about. Your foolishness is boss-level.

45. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2017, 22:53 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 11:27:
But, sorry, it's impossible to debate with a guy who believes something with zero proof because someone tells him someone tells him someone told them.

I called it a discussion. You call it a debate. It is not a debate because it is not "a discussion of a proposition between two matched sides." None of you have equally matched anything I have pointed out. Things like "sky wizard," "stupid/STOOPID humans," "book of myths," and so forth isn't exactly a stellar or intelligent counterpoint. It reeks of playground antics. I know most of you are older than five (most).

P.S. Thanks for clarifying Cutter's top spot with most removed comments. Although, I think it safe to say Redeye is somewhere in the top 10.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2017, 16:58 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 10:54:
With a tartar sauce like this, you know it's got to be good:
Water,Soybean Oil, Corn Syrup, Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Pickles,Modified Food
Starch,Egg Yolk,Salt, Sugar, Sucrose,...
Probably ties w/your favorite macdonalds chicken nugget dipping sauce. Juggle

I don't know anyone who would call anything at McDonald's their favorite. It's more like, "I'm hungry. Oh, look. There's another McDees. Fine. We'll stop. I'm too hungry to go elsewhere."

38. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2017, 10:11 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 07:31:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 23:09:
* sigh *
stupid humans Ucrazy

It is so much easier to ridicule than it is to contribute to the discussion. Of course adding something meaningful requires knowledge of the topic. You appear to lack this in spades on a wide variety of subjects.

P.S. Blue could correct me on this, but I believe you hold the record for most deleted comments on this site. You can gauge this record in any way you wish, but it tells us a lot about your repository of knowledge.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2017, 10:00 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 00:22:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 17:29:
Nope. Biblical study.
*ugh* I was afraid that's what you talking about. And as far as having influence over people... it sure seems to me the religious right has far more political power than any group I associate with.

I'm apolitical. I stay neutral of politics. All Jehovah's Witnesses do not involve themselves in the politics of their nation or any other nation.

News Comments > Ashes Cricket Rises from the Ashes
6. Re: Ashes Cricket Rises from the Ashes Sep 18, 2017, 22:15 Kxmode

That title earns you a cookie Blue!

The video's freeze frame is a perfect example of my reaction. lol

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 21:55 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 20:06:
Dead Sea Scrolls, Greek Septuagint, Hebrew manuscripts, Aleppo Codex
All written by stupid humans. sigh

You are correct. "Stupid humans," wrote the bible, but they did not author it. Jehovah God did. The Bible has no equal in all human history. God inspired the original scriptures, but they were physically written by 40 secretaries or scribes (the "stupid people") over the course of 1,610 years.

The Bible, itself, had scholars and skilled copyists like Ezra who wrote the books of Ezra and both Chronicles (Side note: the original scrolls chronicling the lineage of kings -- also called "The Book of The Kings" during those days -- had been lost or destroyed during Babylon's destruction of Jerusalem in 607 BCE.)

Many of these "stupid" scribes acknowledged God to be the author.

MOSES - (Exodus 24:4) "Moses wrote down all the words of Jehovah."
SAMUEL - (2 Samuel 23:2) The spirit of Jehovah spoke through me; His word was on my tongue.
PAUL - (2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God
PETER - (2 Peter 1:21) For prophecy was at no time brought by manís will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.
DANIEL - (Daniel 7:1) "Daniel saw a dream and visions of his head as he lay on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream; he recorded a complete account of the matters."

Humans are at liberty and their stupid biases to translate the scriptures incorrectly, but no matter how they do it the core scriptures remain intact. The reason? "the word of our God endures forever." (Isaiah 40:8) Jehovah has taken it upon himself to preserve the Biblical canon throughout human history despite repeated attempts to rid humanity of it (e.g., Dark Ages).

The point of my reply is this: the translations that remain as close as possible to the source also remain the most accurate translations of God's Words.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 20:02 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 19:22:
The bible has been rewritten more often and by more people than the original Star Wars trilogy has been molested by its creator. Wait for another rewrite and expect a line about 9 world empires.

Don't confuse "rewrite" with "translation." These two words are not the same. However, are there examples of bad translations? Absolutely.

Almost every Bible in circulation today has omitted God's chosen name even though he states it very clearly, "I am Jehovah. That is my name." (Isaiah 42:8) When asked about this omission translators give reasons like "no one knows how to pronounce the divine name, so it is better to substitute it with titles like LORD and GOD." However, they have no problems translating Yeshu'a or Yehohshu'a, which means "Jehovah Is Salvation," into the Greek Iesous (Jesus).

Where translators have taken unjustifiable liberties with the translation, they have in effect changed its meaning (what you would label as "rewritten"). The Bible is fraught with examples of this. However, Bibles that rely on authentic sources such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, Greek Septuagint, Hebrew manuscripts, Aleppo Codex, and various others; and compare them to determine authenticity are the Bibles with the most accurate translations. That is the Bible I study.

No response on Redeye9's comment below.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 19:06 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 17:47:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 17:29:
There will not be an eighth world power.

Hmmm, why don't you and me come back to this discussion in about 100 years or so, yes? I'm pretty sure things will be a bit different by then...

Pretty sure in a 100-years we won't care.

(Isaiah 65:13, 17) "This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah [YHWH] says: Ď... Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, nor will they come up into the heart.'"

Hopefully, we will all be in that new earth under the "new heaven"-like Kingdom of God. No more stupid humans who think they can rule, be president, be a tyrant, or a dictator. Thumbsup

20. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Sep 18, 2017, 17:29 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 13:28:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 12:19:
The United States and the United Kingdom will not be destroyed by any human governments, so you need not worry about such things; at least not now.
Have you become Nostradamus?

Nope. Biblical study. Without getting into the minutiae it states the last King*, or world power*, in Biblical prophecy won't be destroy by human hands, but by God's Kingdom.

* throughout history there have been seven world powers who had a direct influence on God's people:
1. Egypt
2. Assyria
3. Babylon
4. Meds and Persians (also called The Medo-Persian Empire)
5. Greece
6. Rome
7. Anglo-American (United States and United Kingdom)
There will not be an eighth world power.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2017, 19:10.

13167 Comments. 659 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo