Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14165 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
55. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 5, 2018, 03:49 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 12:07:
Ground Citizen! YAY!

Out in... well... Ya know... Actual releases are soooo last millennium!

Next: A video showing off RTS in Real-Time Citizen!

After that: Baseball Citizen!

Followed by: Card Game Citizen!

The feature creep is strong with this one... (Darth Vader)

I will never finish what I started! (Kylo Roberts)

You forgot: Battle Royale Citizen

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans
24. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 05:30 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:29:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:28:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:21:
It appears that this dev tweeter isn't racist against white people but rather antagonistic to fragile white people.

No! That is not antagonistic speech. Racism is binary. Nobody get a pass on those kinds of posts, and I would hold ANY person to the same standards regardless of target. The point is I am a video game consumer, and I sure am not going to buy a video game from a developer or a publisher who is totally okay with one or a few of their employees spouting racist remarks on a public forum like Twitter. There's no place for that kind of toxicity in business. Zero.

I agree with his firing. You're hopping off on to pet topics I've not engaged in at all.

Oh. Okay. My bad then. Handshake?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

22. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 05:28 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:21:
It appears that this dev tweeter isn't racist against white people but rather antagonistic to fragile white people.

No! That is not antagonistic speech. Racism is binary. Nobody gets a pass on those kinds of posts, and I would hold ANY person to the same standards regardless of target. The point is I am a video game consumer, and I sure am not going to buy a video game from a developer or a publisher who is totally okay with one or a few of their employees spouting racist remarks on a public forum like Twitter. There's no place for that kind of toxicity in business. Zero.

19. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 05:16 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 05:06:
I know it wasn't the point you were trying to make, it was just a funny image is all. Like he has tons of other far more divisive tweets, yet that one was a collection of pretty mild exhortations for diversity among main characters.

Read the update I posted in my comment. What you saw was "mild" compared to the list of curated "stuff."

I don't own shares of Mutual Funds with big tobacco because I don't invest in a company that kills people. Likewise, I would not buy a game from a publisher who knowingly supported a racist (against ANY race). I only bought MEA after Manveer was fired (or laid off, whichever is fine). Yes, I realize, his fingerprints are still on the game, but I waited out of principle.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2018, 15:28.

16. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 04:53 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 02:03:
That image is hilarious.
It deserves to be the centerpiece of the white fragility museum.
... somebody spent time making that

This is what some white male gamer somewhere considers racism... the desire for more representation in video game characters.
God what a tough life.

That's a 50 DKP minus to comprehension. The image had nothing to do with that. It was specifically to show "how his bosses supported his noise." There's even red coloring on the image to make the point crystal clear.

Here's a curated sampler platter of his more egregious racism.

https://archive.is/cagZS "Yes, white person, please tell me MORE about how race works. I'll just sit here and listen attentively"
https://archive.is/hnz3l "LRT: More #whitefoolishness. Racism is a thing that totally hampers white lives! HOW HAVE I IGNORED THE PLIGHT OF THE WHITE MAN FOR SO LONG"
https://archive.is/37HYG "Prejudice against white people" can't be a serious thing you are claiming. They don't even approach the same league awfulness.
https://archive.is/Uq1N5 Three links on why minorities making white people jokes isn't racist
https://archive.is/8il1s White people telling me how they are color-blind to race remains hilarious. Oh yes, please tell me how you don't notice color more!
https://archive.is/NSkFz White people not understanding why racists things are racist: A tradition unlike any other #dontsuemejimnantz
https://archive.is/MwWAw LRT: "The arrogance of white people faced with questions of race is unbelievable." #yup
https://archive.is/0ogNT White men hate being blocked on Twitter because it's the first time in their sad lives they've encountered someone not forced to listen
https://archive.is/efA1g Some people think America's past-time is baseball, but it's actually protecting white fragility
https://archive.is/3wfPY "The entire discussion of race in America centers around the protection of White feelings."
https://archive.is/XN3mW No, my life every single day is already a documentary named "White People", I don't really need to see more white tears
https://archive.is/Dn103 Oh boy I can't wait to hear which white woman ends up on the $10 bill! I'm thinking Betsy Ross. White folks love her flag making ass.
https://archive.is/m8EHW Congrats Blackhawks. But white people remember not to riot tonight. Hahaha just joking we all know white people don't riot, they "celebrate"
https://archive.is/FaCX5 White people, I am not here to make you feel comfortable or okay with yourself or the white supremacy you benefit from.
https://archive.is/VRc9b I got 99 problems but worrying that white people think I'm racist against white people ain't one HIT ME
https://archive.is/dTbpk God dammit white people (talking about Fuller House)
https://archive.is/MUsUV "A white woman can live underground for 15 yrs & when she emerges she'll still be white. That's really all you need to make it in the world"
https://archive.is/1vI4D This Vine makes me want to start a tumblr titled White People Having Tantrums
https://archive.is/wmmxs I'm officially following 1000 people now. I think I'm going to spend part of today clearing out who I follow, specifically white men
https://archive.is/AyFkk Justice is not the same as legal. The law is not always just. The US deserves no peace until it acts upon the moral imperative to be just.

Sometimes a racist is a racist, and he is definitely one. There was no justification for this kind of behavior from a professional working at a AAA-studio. I was glad when they let him go.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2018, 05:09.

10. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 3, 2018, 01:53 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 23:17:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 23:10:
I'm not sure if you all realize this but Casey Hudson is BioWare's GM. You can say whatever you want but having the studio under his direction means there's a chance we'll get proper Mass Effect and Dragon Age titles. Especially with ME given he was that title's project director.

That's a bad thing. Color-coded responses? Treating your playerbase like they're all retarded chimps? He's a big part of Bioware's fall from grace into the shallow EA studio -designed by marketers for marketers - it is now.

Except he became the GM on July 18, 2017. You're talking about the BioWare under Aaryn Flynn. He's gone! Aaryn Flynn and Yanick Roy are both responsible for encouraging a SJW culture at BioWare to a degree that people like Manveer Heir felt it was totally fine to post blatantly racist tweets, and even express how his bosses supported his noise. I'm pretty sure Hudson is going to have none of this! And the unprofessional culture Yanick fostered is changing. EA cannot afford to have two of their profitable IPs tarnished.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2018, 01:35 Kxmode

According to the Wechsler and Cattell measurement, I found out my IQ is 112/117 (Wechsler/Cattell), which makes me 77% more intelligent than the global population. I know many of you are much higher than that.

Worth noting, 115/120 (W/C) gets classified as Super Intelligence. 130/145 (W/C) is gifted/high IQ. Beyond 145/167 (W/C) is considered genius level.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2018, 00:58 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 15:53:
Reading comprehension is
important. NKD specified a "kind and loving" god, which we all know does not exist. It was I that followed up with the thousands of other Bronze age god mythologies, that also don't exist. Sorry mode, politics is real and it does exist.

That's your opinion. I don't agree with it.

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 16:45:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 15:32:
When you both paint with broad generalized brushes you show yourself to be ignorant.
Says the Creationist.

Except I'm not a creationist. Do you even know what a creationist is? I would love to clarify why creationism isn't biblical. It might blow your mind.

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 19:03:
You know, it's morbidly funny. I "knew" Alex Jones when he was kicking around the local community college and I was a student there. I say "knew" in quotes because it's not like we hung out and drank together. Even back then, he was an insufferable asshole but the difference is that this whole thing he has going on now is a persona, a brand.

Because the Internet is a fantastic thing. It's gives everyone a voice and a vehicle for finding like-minded people.

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 19:03:
As a former Catholic, I can tell you there is no "kind and loving God". If there were, explain childhood terminal cancer without resorting to magic hand-waving and/or some variation on theme of "It's God's unknowable plan".

Statements like this sadden me because they show a reinforced mindset that most people have. Even Christians at times express this. "Why did God kill my child?!"

First, it is super important to identify the God of this world. The Bible tells you who it is in plain language.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers

(1 John 5:19) We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

Satan - not Jehovah (Ps 83:18), not Jesus - is the de facto ruler of this world. His influence is felt everywhere, from the political scene to entertainment, to commerce, and even in religion. It is like being locked in a small room with an angry, homicidal maniac (that's what Jesus called Satan at John 8:44). Eventually, a person in that environment will mimic the behavior. That's what the entire world is like right now. (Can provide more information into this, but you'll need to ask, it's a tangent).

As far as terminal cancer, disease, illness, and even death, these are all symptoms of inherited imperfection and sin. The Bible makes the point clear.

(Romans 5:12) That is why, just as through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.

(Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

In other words, Adam and Eve conceived children, but only after they sinned. Their act of disobedience against God created a "blemish" in their personality that was passed on to their children like a genetic defect. That created a situation where humans cannot be perfectly obedient to God. We're imperfect. 6:23 above says very plainly, that death is the only wage paid for sin. Sin leads to imperfection and imperfection is why humans suffer from diseases, illnesses, cancers, and so forth. These are the terrible outcomes of two selfish individuals who cared only for themselves and not for the future generations who they knew would inherit this dreadful condition. If you wish to blame anyone, blame them.

However, that's not the end. God loved humanity so much that He wanted to redeem them back to a perfect state. He does not want to see humankind perpetually die for Adam's sin. That is neither just or loving. So how does he reconcile his perfect law of an eye for an eye with a desire to save imperfect humans? No flawed human can ever take the place of perfect Adam. So the answer came from God first creation, Jesus. (John 3:16) Only another perfect human, who remained obedient to death, would be able to cancel Adam's sin. Jesus's death then becomes the wage that covers billions now and more in the future, and since God was sure of Jesus' success, his death would also retroactively apply all the way back to Abel (Adam and Eve's murdered son).

With Jesus perfect death, God's promise to remove pain, suffering, terminal cancer -- and even death itself -- will eventually become a footnote in history.

(Revelation 21:3, 4) With that, I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with humanity, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

It's as good as done.

(Titus 1:2) on a hope of the everlasting life that God, who cannot lie, promised long ago.

As a footnote to my reply, bear in mind that the real Almighty God Jehovah -- Not Satan (the fake god of this world) or Jesus (the pretend God that counterfeit Christianity makes him out to be) or the Trinity fiction -- does not put people on trial with pain and suffering:

(James 1:13) When under tests, let no one say: “God is trying me!” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he try anyone.

A person who gets terminal cancer is the unfortunate victim of imperfection and genes through no fault of their own. It's honestly a sad thing, but remember it is not God's fault. And it is most certainly not "God's unknowable plan." Anyone who says that is not only ignorant of who God is, but they're lying.

5. Re: BioWare's Dragon Age and Mass Effect Plans Aug 2, 2018, 23:10 Kxmode

I'm not sure if you all realize this but Casey Hudson is BioWare's GM. You can say whatever you want but having the studio under his direction means there's a chance we'll get proper Mass Effect and Dragon Age titles. Especially with ME given he was that title's project director.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 19:22 Kxmode

Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.

Wait. This was a thing?!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2018, 15:32 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 14:39:
NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 13:53:
Alex Jones existing is proof that a kind and loving god doesn't exist.
Nor the christian one or the thousands of others.

God is not responsible for Alex Jones' hatred and his conspiracy theories. Alex Jones is fully responsible for them.

God is not responsible for the followers of Alex Jones harassing the Sandi Hook parents. Those followers are responsible for their actions.

Religion has nothing to do with Alex Jones' crusade. It is purely a political conspiracy theorist thingamajig.

When you both paint with broad generalized brushes you show yourself to be ignorant. So stop doing it. It's unbecoming.

(If you don't want to go there, then don't go there.)

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2018, 16:02.

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorder Beta Next Week
3. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorder Beta Next Week Aug 2, 2018, 13:55 Kxmode

*Eight months later*

"Introducing Insurgency Sandstorm's first expansion: Darude Sandstorm! Engage in the fine art of rave warfare in multi-color glory!"

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 1, 2018, 12:08 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 02:31:
What the hell are you testing?

LastPass. Every time I post a comment, the plugin would save the Subject (which is why you sometimes see the wrong subject line in specific threads). LP support gave me steps to correct the problem. I was testing for that.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2018, 11:25 Kxmode

The 5 year old Police video is cute!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2018, 22:21 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 11:32:
It's a sign that the cd/dvd burner is going the way of the dodo.

Has Microsoft moved to USB sticks for their software?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2018, 13:02 Kxmode

Pandemic ‘could wipe out 900 million people,’ experts warn. Thanks RedEye9.

Why did you do it, RedEye!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2018, 22:34 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 15:46:
Great article on SpaceX, Musk is kicking ass and taking names.

We're living in an era of giants like Einstein and Edison. Elon Musk is a modern day Howard Hughes! When I hear people say what a failure he or his companies are because they keep messing up, they fail to understand that his companies work on technology that has never existed before. There's no template for reusable rockets or driver-less cars. They're going to fail regularly, but each failure is a learning experience. Remember how many attempts SpaceX made to launch and land their reusable rocket? But remember how awesome it was when they finally succeeded?

Good stuff!

3. Re: etc., etc. Jul 30, 2018, 22:14 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 22:14:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 22:11:
Testing 1 2 3

More testing!

Testing to the max!

2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 30, 2018, 22:14 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 22:11:
Testing 1 2 3

More testing!

1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 30, 2018, 22:11 Kxmode

Testing 1 2 3  

14165 Comments. 709 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo