Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11451 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion in August
7. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion This Month Apr 18, 2016, 22:20 Kxmode

I'm sure the timing of this announcement has absolutely nothing to do with the growing vanilla moment. #Nostalrius #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont #MakeWOWGreatAgain

In other news Nostalrius' petition to Blizzard to bring back legacy servers has 175,000 signatures, and growing rapidly. Vanilla WOW team lead Mark Kern's support and comment is the second highest.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Apr 18, 2016, 18:08 Kxmode

171k supporters! 29k needed to reach 200,000 Dance  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 17:06 Kxmode

Brazor wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 16:52:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 15:54:
Brazor wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 15:03:
The people I know at Blizzard have said that they don't expect people to play legacy servers long enough to justify the cost to keep them running. The devs believe 100% that too many people would get bored or upset over the old issues on those versions. Some players will start wanting them to patch the legacy servers without updating the content. Some would want the old talent and honor systems and others would want the new systems with just the old content.

So last that I've heard, the people signing the petition are wasting their time and most likely any questions about it at Blizzcon will get filtered out. Even the panel questions.

Then Blizzard doesn't trust their fans, which is precisely Blizzard's problem to begin with. This is why Brack said "You think you do, but you don't." Nostalrius showed Blizzard the exact opposite. Blizzard just needs to trust their fans. There are way more legacy fans (Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK) than retail players.
No, Nostalrius did not.
They couldn't secure $500 a month in donations to cover the costs of running it. They were already on their way out.
Blizzard doesn't trust the people crying about legacy servers because they are mostly a bunch of lying freeloaders. The devs don't look at them as anything more than pirates trying to use old content as an excuse....and no that's not Activision talking. They have no say in regards to Blizz's business. This is the Blizz dev teams doing everything short of telling them to go fly a kite.

They couldn't secure $500 a month in donations because they didn't take donations. Everything was already paid for. The server was non profit. Just stop...

By the way I was a member of the Nostalrius staff so I know what I'm talking about.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 15:54 Kxmode

Brazor wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 15:03:
The people I know at Blizzard have said that they don't expect people to play legacy servers long enough to justify the cost to keep them running. The devs believe 100% that too many people would get bored or upset over the old issues on those versions. Some players will start wanting them to patch the legacy servers without updating the content. Some would want the old talent and honor systems and others would want the new systems with just the old content.

So last that I've heard, the people signing the petition are wasting their time and most likely any questions about it at Blizzcon will get filtered out. Even the panel questions.

Then Blizzard doesn't trust their fans, which is precisely Blizzard's problem to begin with. This is why Brack said "You think you do, but you don't." Nostalrius showed Blizzard the exact opposite. Blizzard just needs to trust their fans. There are way more legacy fans (Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK) than retail players.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Week
27. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 15:41 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 14:14:
Of the first thirteen posts, five are Kxmode trolling. I mean, how dare CIG let people play the game for free to decide for themselves whether it's worth buying! Scandalous!

#13 is a complement for Cutter's signature. #12 is a serious comment. The rest are funny jabs at Star Citizen. Take a chill pill.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2016, 15:47.

13. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 12:25 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:55:
"Con permiso, Capitan. The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged. It's now time to see if you can dance."

Great signature choice. I always liked that quote.

From the same episode I also like:
Capt. Picard: I understand what you've done here, Q. But I think the lesson could have been learned without the loss of 18 members of my crew.
Q: If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

Truer words were never spoken.

12. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 12:22 Kxmode

Dacron wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 12:05:
Here I thought the complete game was funded by the kickstarter...

It's not the same game pitched on Kickstarter. One of the reasons I got a refund.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 11:45 Kxmode

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 10:26:
The number of servers required is always ambiguous though. Do you want both PvE and PvP? For each region? What about the expansions? What timezone would they occupy?

There's likely no way Blizzard would foot the bill on support staff either.

You're absolutely right, which is why virtually everyone advocating for legacy servers is telling Blizzard they would either be willing to pay $15 per month for a regular subscription, or $15 plus $5 to access legacy content. In other words WE would pay for the legacy support staff, infrastructure costs, etc.

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 10:26:
Last but not least, a large part of what made those older titles great were the people I played with and how new and epic it felt which simply cannot be re-captured at this point. Far too many of my friends from back then have quit and raiding no longer feels as exciting as it did.

You'd be surprised how many would. Nostalrius had players from day one working through dungeon and raid content. In fact before the shutdown everyone was looking forward to AQ40 and the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event. Outside the sphere of Nostalrius plenty of people have stated they would resub to play legacy content in a heartbeat. Personally I would resub and stay with vanilla for quite awhile. I truly loved South Shore and Terran Mill skirmishes, which I learned from Rob Pardo in a 2013 BlizzCon video was the first battleground designed specifically for open world epic PVP battles.

News Comments > Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters
1. Re: Ubisoft to Punish The Division Exploiters Apr 18, 2016, 11:36 Kxmode

The game came out over a month ago. Why are they just now getting around to doing this?  

6. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 11:33 Kxmode

PacoTaco wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:12:
Amazing that they keep finding suckers.

Actually if you read the carefully crafted announcement they're trying to entice existing backers to BUY MOREģ.

4. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 11:31 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 10:57:
PLEASE BUY MORE PICTURES OF SHIPS, WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF MONEY!!!!

Remember the old CIG adage: "A picture is worth a thousand bucks."

3. Re: Star Citizen Free Week Apr 18, 2016, 11:31 Kxmode

Translation: We're hungry Money Whales. Toff  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Apr 17, 2016, 16:21 Kxmode

#Nostalrius #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont  

News Comments > Ghostbusters Games Announced
33. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 16, 2016, 21:07 Kxmode

Tyrric wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 15:06:
Peter M. Smith wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 15:04:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 14:13:
I'm saying it had Aliens, but it had Aliens.

Are you missing a word in there?

I'm not saying aliens abducted it, but aliens abducted it.

They anally probed my word.

15. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 14:13 Kxmode

Joss wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 14:08:
I'm just gonna pretend the movie: The Watch (2012) is this Ghostbuster movie... ahem... without the ghosts of course...

I'm saying it had Aliens, but it had Aliens.

8. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 12:24 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 12:13:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 15, 2016, 10:49:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Up Votes: 202,338
Down Votes: 498,264

Panned by fans.

Panned by people too concerned with "SJWs" and conspiracies to actually prioritize their lives.

Not necessarily. For me it was the general humor (I didn't find any of scenes to be particularly funny) and lore retcons ("30 years ago four scientists"... Winston Zeddemore wasn't a scientist, he was just a regular guy looking for a steady paycheck).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2016, 12:21 Kxmode

Here's a followup on Mark Kern. He recently tweeted that he signed the Change.org petition and encouraged others to do so as well. This is his comment on the Change petition.

I was the team lead for vanilla WoW (@grummz on twitter to see that its really me). People have been asking for my thoughts on the Nostalrius servers.

After giving it a lot of thought, I feel Blizzard could have found a way to support these significant fan efforts to bring back vanilla servers, rather than resorting to scary legal tactics. Blizzard, these gamers are not your enemy, they are some of your greatest supporters. Hire them, but them out. Almost 900,000 players say they want to see this. Don't ignore them. Don't tell them "You think you do, but you don't" and instead tell them "we love you guys and we want to thank you for your fandom." My suggestions:

1) You say you lost the original source for vanilla, so use Nostralus' version.
2) Hire the team that did it and let them run/support the service under the Blizzard banner.
3) Add cloud based support so people can spin up private legacy servers on Bnet, chose an expansion, and play with their friends.
4) Profit.

Mike, I helped build this game for you, I hope you'll hear me out. Support these fans and dedicated gamers.

He referred to Michael Morhaime as "Mike" meaning they had a working relationship. That seriously brought a tear to my eye! :')

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2016, 11:08 Kxmode

Mark Kern Tweets, "Hi, I helped create World of Warcraft, and I'd like to see the community and desire for vanilla servers be heard. #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont"  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2016, 10:55 Kxmode

Blue, I wish you would boycott Blizzard on principle. Blizzard is getting pounded by social media everywhere. It's something when Forbes and BBC pick up the story. Blizzard is dead to me until they either bring legacy servers online or they license Nostalrius and hire the staff. #Nostalrius #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont  

2. Re: Ghostbusters Games Announced Apr 15, 2016, 10:49 Kxmode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Up Votes: 202,338
Down Votes: 498,264

Panned by fans.

11451 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo