Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13176 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
56. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 22:43 Kxmode

sir wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 17:21:
They reckon that the sun will die five or so billion years from now.

You say that like you know for a fact it will happen. That's cute.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 22:41 Kxmode

Satoru wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 15:31:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 13:02:
Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:05:
It sure is a purdy cockpit.

$150M is probably how much it costs for a real cockpit.

What $200 million CAD gets you

For a mere 200 million CAD you could have bought simulators for nearly a half dozen real planes like an A320 or Boeing 767 and gotten support, training etc

Tersus

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players
6. Re: Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players Oct 16, 2017, 22:35 Kxmode

35 million means nothing. How many are 2-week active and concurrently active?

Nostalrius Begins at its peak had 850,000 registered users of which 150,000 were 2-week active with a peak concurrency of 15,000.

26. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 16, 2017, 13:04 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:29:
Blues, in all seriousness, you should really not report anything about this game. Its a burden on the eyes to even see or hear anything about this game, and that's coming from someone who backed this piece of shit.

You shush now. A Star Citizen/SQ42 thread is always full of fun and drama! Popcorn

25. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 13:02 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:05:
It sure is a purdy cockpit.

$150M is probably how much it costs for a real cockpit.

24. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 13:01 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:51:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:48:
I am highly disappointed in the comments section for this story thus far...

Well, I guess some people that have been around during the kickstarter have already died of old age, so you might want to excuse their absence from this talkback.

Or became undead Twitter minions of The Smart.

23. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 12:45 Kxmode

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WHERE YELLING ABOUT. LOUD NOISES!

By the way, I wonder if Backers understand the irony of "Evocati."

Latin term for a soldier in the Roman army who had served out his time and obtained a discharge but had voluntarily enlisted again at the invitation of the consul or other commander.

It's almost as bad as calling bottled water Evian (look at the word backwards).

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback
42. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 16, 2017, 02:57 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 00:53:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 22:04:
Please note the "permanently" in my previous comment. I wasn't talking about temporary sales, which is what you're talking about. I was referring to a permanent reduction in price. Did you not see that word? It provides a WHOLE bunch of context for my comment.

It does not provide any context at all because no one here ever claimed that they *permanently* dropped the price by 40% within 30 days. Nice attempt to cover up your fuck-up though!

Really? Allow me to quote you.

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 20:15:
'Star Wars: Battlefront' Marked Down 40% During Origin's Christmas Sale

And that's xmas 2015. One month after the game came out.

Then two months later, Feb 2016, it went half price ($29.99). Check here or here.

June 2016 it dropped all the way to $19.99.

And a year after it first came out, i.e. xmas 2016 it was $9.99.

None of those sales changed the price permanently. So, again, I wasn't referring to temporary discounts. I was referring to a permanent reduction in price; which always occurs after a period of time. In Star Wars Battlefront's case, it occurred about a year after launch. That was the point of my comment: "Also, your point about the 2015 release dropping 40% in 30-days is factually incorrect."

Update: I may have misunderstood "dropping." I see it as a permanent action. However, the meaning may have meant temporary. If that was the case then my humblest of apologies.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2017, 23:08.

News Comments > Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play?
30. Re: Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play? Oct 15, 2017, 23:05 Kxmode

Anyone remember the name of the 32nd trading card game to come out? No? That's because most didn't play it to remember it. Lawbreakers is a victim of timing in a market oversaturated of FPS MOBA derivatives. Nothing can save it from its inevitable fate. Not even CliffyB's borderline delusional drivel.  

34. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 22:04 Kxmode

Please note the "permanently" in my previous comment. I wasn't talking about temporary sales, which is what you're talking about. I was referring to a permanent reduction in price. Did you not see that word? It provides a WHOLE bunch of context for my comment.  

26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 19:51 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 16:24:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 16:18:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 16:11:
Now they need to give a discount to everyone who bought the first one.

Why?

Because even DICE have stated that the game was rushed, so many people felt and still feel burned by the whole experience. Aside from the good will it would generate it would also help their bottom line.

It'll be interesting to see if they try to hold onto a high price point this time, the 2015 version saw a price 40% price drop in 30 days I believe.

Playing devil's advocate here... that doesn't automatically entitle you to a discount. It is not within EA's nature to automatically provide discounts on new releases; especially highly anticipated ones. However, it is totally well within their nature to tell you to subscribe to their Origin service so that you can take advantage of 10% discount on new EA titles.

Also, your point about the 2015 release dropping 40% in 30-days is factually incorrect. It and the season pass stayed at full-price through BFCM and The Force Awaken's release. EA only started permanently dropping the price a year later after engagement dropped. Count on that being the trend for this release.

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 16:18 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 16:11:
Now they need to give a discount to everyone who bought the first one.

Why?

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 15:46 Kxmode

Loot Crate
Star Wars
Star Card
Star Citizen
Whales
Star Wars Battlefront II is the Illuminati.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Incorporating Beta Feedback Oct 13, 2017, 15:40 Kxmode

They directly address this, promising changes to how this will be handled when the game launches.

Random Marketing Suit: "Ladies, Gentlemen, and gender-free spatulas, it has come to our attention that beta testers are complaining about the game's loot crate looking like a P2W scheme. To counter this widespread perception, we will now refer to them as achievements and include badges to reflect that. We need your teams to tweak the difficulty so that it is harder to obtain these "achievements." We also ask that you create meta-crates, er, achievements."

TL;DR They are not going to remove a money-making cow tit. They'll simply give it another name and function.

News Comments > Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier
19. Re: Re: Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier Oct 12, 2017, 22:57 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 16:00:
Well you got me there, gotta own it.

Ah, come on. I wasn't trying to "get ya." I just wanted to share accurate information.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
8. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 15:44 Kxmode

Companies need to stop doing this. Boasting 10M players means nothing. What counts is how many of those 10M are active and concurrently active? Registration != active.  

17. Re: Re: Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier Oct 12, 2017, 14:09 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 08:42:
Valve is a privately held corporation so it's really none of your concern. They can do whatever they want in VR as long as they sustain themselves. Valve got out of the Steam box game right quick and put it on OEMs because they saw the risk there. I doubt they have as much tied up into this as you think.

Valve isn't the sole creator of the Vive. The device is jointly created by Valve and HTC. HTC is a notable publicly traded firm on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE). In other words, all major VR devices are developed by publicly traded firms with financial responsibility to their shareholders.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 11, 2017, 23:51 Kxmode

Well, it looks like Mike Kim is going to be "renditioned." Wait. Did I say renditioned? I mean reprimanded! Yeah, that's it.

please don't hurt me men in black.

15. Re: Steam VR Room Space Getting Roomier Oct 11, 2017, 23:46 Kxmode

It's not alarmist to point out that they are expanding the boundaries of a technology that hasn't achieved mass appeal. It's financial stupidity. If I were a shareholder of Facebook, I'd be livid they were wasting resources on a "financial albatross" that has no foreseeable growth or profit. "Because it's cool" isn't enough, and early adopters isn't enough to make it sustainable.

In whatever form it takes, a "killer app" is the only way forward.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 15M
1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 15M Oct 11, 2017, 20:54 Kxmode

I guess a lot of people want to kill each other.

13176 Comments. 659 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo