Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11562 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 12:50 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on May 25, 2016, 12:08:
You give this massive property to a guy who's made two movies and knows nothing about the property? Yeah that was bound to work out well. Rolleyes

Duncan Jones is actually a fan of the Warcraft games and WOW, and a gamer.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. May 24, 2016, 18:57 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on May 24, 2016, 16:49:
Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 16:29:
The Half Elf wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:24:
Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:25:
Rovio was so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should. Certain things cannot be films, and Angry Birds is one of them. There's NO story to this game. It's a casual thing people play in-between waiting for things.

Birds live in peace. Pigs come and steal their eggs. Rather basic story, but still a story.

It would be better suited as a Saturday morning cartoon. Build up enough fans. Created enough stories. THEN create a movie. That's what Hasbro did with Transformers and G.I. Joe in the 80s.

Again, in one week The Angry Birds Movie has made double its budget.

Transformers in the 1980s was an infamous box office flop. GI Joe, therefore, had its theatrical release canceled and was a direct to video film.

You're letting nostalgia ruin this for you. It's a terrible movie, but you're not its audience. The people who are its audience are flocking (no pun) to it. Even correcting for inflation, The Angry Birds has made exponentially more than the GI Joe and Transformers 1980s movies combined. Combined! Transformers made $5.8MM on a $6MM budget. Angry Birds has made $150MM on a $73MM budget.

It looks awful, but clearly they did something right. Hasbro, meanwhile, did not. Not until the new Transformers movies, which actually look worse, yet print money.

If I write "1 + 1 = 2" will you at least acknowledge that's correct?

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 24, 2016, 16:29 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on May 24, 2016, 15:24:
Kxmode wrote on May 24, 2016, 12:25:
Rovio was so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should. Certain things cannot be films, and Angry Birds is one of them. There's NO story to this game. It's a casual thing people play in-between waiting for things.

Birds live in peace. Pigs come and steal their eggs. Rather basic story, but still a story.

It would be better suited as a Saturday morning cartoon. Build up enough fans. Created enough stories. THEN create a movie. That's what Hasbro did with Transformers and G.I. Joe in the 80s.

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Released
4. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Released May 24, 2016, 16:25 Kxmode

Well, at least they look like the TMNT and not the freakish creatures from the movies.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 24, 2016, 12:25 Kxmode

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. May 23, 2016, 15:04 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 22, 2016, 14:57:
MisterBenn wrote on May 22, 2016, 12:09:
My guess is they're sitting on HL3 so it can be the honey pot, if they make a major play into a new market in future.

Me: Do not try and believe Half Life 3 exists. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
MisterBenn: What truth?
Me: There is no Half Life 3.
MisterBenn: There is no Half Life 3?
Me: Then you'll see, that it is not the reality that bends, it is only yourself.

Beatnik

That's deep yo.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 21, 2016, 19:46 Kxmode

I had a video taken down because it was a snippet of commercial for a drug with a minute long list of side effects including "sudden death". The drug company's marketing firm was very adamant about my theft of their property, and if I didn't want to see the inside of a court room I would 100% comply with their demands to take down the video.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2016, 16:33 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on May 18, 2016, 21:37:
I randomly decided to watch the first Addams Family movie the other day. I don't think I had seen it since I was in the single digits. It's still a pretty fun movie that holds up. The acting, setting, script, all on point.

Is that one where Wednesday and Pugsley do that bloody play?

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2016, 16:17 Kxmode

The Division's rating on Steam has gotten worse since launch.

58% (out of 25,208 reviews) overall: Mixed
21% (out of 5,837 reviews) recent: Mostly Negative

21%... wow. That's like "Tom Green" land.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2016, 16:35.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. May 21, 2016, 16:10 Kxmode

Stupid gaming execs making movies out of games that shouldn't be movies. Nobody is going to watch a Fruit Ninja movie. There's no story. It's something you quickly play to pass the time.

This is why video game movies is going to be retired for the next decade. The catalog of games being chosen to make into movies is lame!

- Ratchet and Clank
- Angry Birds
- Fruit Ninja

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 21, 2016, 16:06 Kxmode

Valve doesn't need to make Half-Life 3. They make a ton of money from Steam and from their existing library of games.

On a side note Gabe is a meany pants for not officially confirming Half-Life 3 is coming.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 20, 2016, 12:15 Kxmode

Not shocked by this. Releasing a half-finished game to meet a release date close to the theatrical premiere of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" shows a complete lack of vision. A true visionary is someone who would see a single-player campaign as absolutely vital to maximize Battlefront's success; even if that means the game's release date doesn't coincide with a film.

A "Battlefront" sequel is currently planned for a 2017 release, one that will feature connections to the new movies, and one that should this time feature a campaign.

This is the textbook definition of insanity.

Soderlund says: "Are we happy with the 75 rating? No. Is that something we're going to cure going forward? Absolutely. The depth and breadth is something that's proving to be more and more important."

Star Wars Battlefront isn't "the official game of the movie" material so stop treating it as such.

The EA BOD should fire Patrick Soderlund immediately. He's damaging the Star Wars video game property.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2016, 12:22.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. May 18, 2016, 14:27 Kxmode

Orogogus wrote on May 17, 2016, 20:50:
jdreyer wrote on May 17, 2016, 20:26:
Kxmode wrote on May 17, 2016, 14:10:
What's the difference between "can't into" and "can't even"?
One is proper English and the other isn't?

I don't think either one is proper English.

Yeah. Both is meme speak. I don't understand either.

This reminds me of that episode of TNG "Darmok". The language of the Tamarian culture was basically meme speak that only they could understand.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2016, 14:24 Kxmode

sauron wrote on May 18, 2016, 10:41:
But you can't make an omelet without killing a few chefs, so...

Sounds like Hell's Kitchen

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 17, 2016, 14:10 Kxmode

What's the difference between "can't into" and "can't even"?  

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2016, 13:32 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on May 16, 2016, 19:41:
Kxmode wrote on May 16, 2016, 19:23:
PHJF wrote on May 16, 2016, 16:48:

Took me a little longer to realize 8 + 5 = 313 is wrong.
Nope

Not sure if "nope" means "yes this problem is wrong" or "no, you're wrong". So for clarification:

8 + 5 = 13
8 - 5 = 3
concatenate: 13, 3

Every line in the link is formatted:

x + y = [x-y][x+y]

Yes. I was having a brain-fart. Minus, then Plus. My bad. Thanks for correcting.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 17, 2016, 13:29 Kxmode

I care.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse May 16, 2016, 22:58 Kxmode

I'm your private label, a label for money
I'll sell anything you want me to
I'm your private label, a label for money
And any old product will do

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2016, 19:23 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on May 16, 2016, 16:48:

Took me a little longer to realize 8 + 5 = 313 is wrong.
Nope

Not sure if "nope" means "yes this problem is wrong" or "no, you're wrong". So for clarification:

8 + 5 = 13
8 - 5 = 3
concatenate: 13, 3

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2016, 16:45 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on May 16, 2016, 14:48:
I didn't time myself, but yeah about twenty seconds or so...

Took me a little longer to realize 8 + 5 = 313 is wrong. It should be 133.

11562 Comments. 579 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo