Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12959 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
17. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 31, 2017, 20:31 Kxmode

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Jul 29, 2017, 20:19:
EA basically went invisible to me once they pulled their games from Steam and distributed via Origin-only. It's not that I have anything against Origin - it's not quite as functional as Steam but it's not really much worse than Valve's offering either - but I just don't have the time or inclination to monitor another digital storefront. If I'm looking for new games, I go to Steam and if the one I was looking for isn't available, well there are a host of other titles that will catch my interest instead.

I own more than a few games on Origin. I see it less as a digital storefront and more like a game console. For me Steam is PS4, Origin and Uplay are Xbox One, and GOG Galaxy is like Nintendo Switch.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2017, 11:49 Kxmode

#1 PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
#2 ?????
#3 PROFIT!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
4. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 28, 2017, 20:11 Kxmode

, it's changed how we think about ownership versus access,

What is he babbling on about? There's never been a time when people wanted to exchange ownership for access.

News Comments > For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers
14. Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 17:28 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 09:47:
There's one game I just cannot stop to hate, and it's For Honor. What an immense pile of fucking shite, this is!

You should try No Man's Sky.

News Comments > For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers
13. Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 17:26 Kxmode

The development team at Ubisoft Montreal is currently working on a dedicated server infrastructure.

Wow. I'm no game developer but it seems like that should have been included in development before launch.

News Comments > EA Financials
7. Re: EA Financials Jul 28, 2017, 17:23 Kxmode

Listening to a CFO talk the numbers side of the video game business is like listening to a farmer and butcher describe the process of creating meat patties (while you're eating a burger).

It's gross (pardon the pun).

News Comments > EA Financials
2. Re: EA Financials Jul 27, 2017, 21:56 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 19:05:
Wonder why Mass Effect isn't listed in the Results....

You know precisely why it isn't listed in the results.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
33. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 13:48 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 08:23:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:46:
'I promise I won't hit you no more, baby. Trust me, honey.'

I am calling for a retirement of the "humorous" allusions to domestic violence that these stories inspire.

Agreed.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 22:25 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 17:57:
British dental care.

Hedley and Wyche. For a smile that says "yum. that was good"

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
8. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 26, 2017, 22:19 Kxmode

he tells them: "We want to treat PC like a first-class citizen."

Microsoft could start by not making such a statement and treating PC not "like" but "as" a first-class citizen.

P.S. Microsoft is never going to own the monopoly on digital games distribution. They missed that boat over a decade ago.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 25, 2017, 22:24 Kxmode

Legacy is dead.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2017, 22:18 Kxmode

Social media is a cancer on society. I didn't go to grad school to learn that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2017, 01:43 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 12:45:
Holy shit does that Thor movie look unbelievably bad.

Do you want it to be emo and sepia like the DC films trailers?

News Comments > Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow
9. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 22, 2017, 00:14 Kxmode

@HorrorScope - I don't know if this is the same game, but the logo being virtually identical to the original 2003 logo is a good indication that it is.

7. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 20, 2017, 14:11 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 14:40:
Never heard of this. Too bad the reactions of you guys imply this is garbage. Looked great to me

No. My question wasn't implying garbage. I was merely confused why an MMO that had a rocky launch, falling population, and finally closure would come back? Typically when a game is closed or canceled, it doesn't come back.

In 2006, while a reviewer for GameIndustry.com, I was given a heavily scripted press tour of D&L. To my editor, I expressed concerns that D&L wasn't ready for a review because the tour was too scripted to understand what the game is like truly. The decision was reached to not proceed forward with a write up until after the game's launched.

News Comments > DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend
4. Re: DOOM Patch; Free DLC; Price Drop; Free Weekend Jul 19, 2017, 18:33 Kxmode

In other words, DOOM ON YOU!

News Comments > Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM
10. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 19, 2017, 13:55 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 09:38:
It's funny, you talk to people that work there and they all love it. None complain it was openly hostile or toxic.

But then, here's the white guy on the internet with hurt feelings who's never once spoken to a person on the inside, just angry at one dude tweeting.

Of course, they're not going to complain about such things. That's where studio's culture come into play, and the leadership entirely drives it. IOW if they support such nonsense, then the subordinates will too, stay silent about it, or leave the company. Change comes from the top.

I did not need to talk to the people on the inside because the racist former BioWare employee posted a tweet boasting the studio heads supported him (a.k.a. "they're cool with my overt racist viewpoints").

I have stated ad nauseam that racism has no place in business; ANY business. You are intelligent enough to understand what that means, so no need to dive into point particulars.

2. Re: Dark and Light Early Access Tomorrow Jul 19, 2017, 12:40 Kxmode

D&L died a long time ago. Why is it back?

7. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 18, 2017, 21:25 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 19:01:
A GM has control on how many facial animators they hire right?

None. As General Manager of BioWare, he will be responsible for driving the studio's culture, climate, mission, product directions, and ultimately profit for both BioWare and EA. Hopefully, under Casey's leadership, the openly hostile and toxic culture of both overt racism and forced fed social justice warrior nonsense can finally be stymied. Furthermore, having the studio return to the way they used to be is in EA's best interest.

EA must have seen Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm to know that when Disney, for the most part, backs away and lets those studios do their thing, both reap success. I hope EA does this with BioWare under Casey's stead and eventually adopt it as a standard for their other properties.

5. Re: Casey Hudson Returning to BioWare as GM Jul 18, 2017, 17:52 Kxmode

Jivaro wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 17:20:
That's a lot of assumptions but I can't say I disagree with any of them.

I do find myself wondering if that is only because I am desperately hoping that they are in fact actively trying to find a way to salvage the Mass Effect series rather than just shitcan it...or worse...double down on it's current direction.

The Star Wars prequels didn't destroy the IP, but it sure made a lot of fans angry with Lucas. Andromeda has its share of fandom and staying power. Taking the property back and giving it to Hudson, who can then drive the game to a fifth iteration and trilogy opener, will bode well for the series.

12959 Comments. 648 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo