Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15858 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Abuse Allegation
107. Re: Re: Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Sep 1, 2019, 19:08 Kxmode

ventry wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 19:40:
Rilcon wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 18:26:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/31/night-in-the-woods-developer-accused-of-sexual-assault-dies

Alec Holowka appears to have committed suicide.

Ah yes. Twatter now has another confirmed kill.
Twatter: the modern day witch hunt.
Due process be damned.

Yup. Vigilante justice at its worse.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Deep Dive Video
11. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Coming to PC Aug 31, 2019, 17:44 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 12:47:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 09:55:
I7-8700
RTX 2080 Ti
32GB DDR4-2133
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB
LG 27" 4K UHD IPS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm ready to jack in at 4K60! Dance

I REALLY hope we get to find out what the Internet beyond the barrier looks like!
/envymode on

it can barely run Star Citizen.

/envymode off

Ackchyually Star Citizen runs at 4K65 with all the settings maxed out. It's not an optimized game.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

10. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Coming to PC Aug 31, 2019, 17:40 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 10:34:
I think i wanna jack into my 65" tv for this @ 4k, problem is finding a long HDMI cable that actually works at 60fps 4k

Instead of a lengthy and costly HDMI cable, how about an NVIDIA Shield or a Steam Link (should be plenty available outside of Steam)? The Shield should be able to use your computer's full power to stream high-quality 4K60 to your 65" without any quality degradation.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes
12. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes Aug 31, 2019, 17:36 Kxmode

007Bistromath wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 17:25:
I feel like if you ever have a reason to mention Trello to the end user, your development strategy is hopelessly wrecked.

And a total disaster if you have to remove dates from said Trello.

11. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes Aug 31, 2019, 17:33 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 16:18:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 16:12:
Yeah, a bunch of us said their roadmap was way too aggressive.
No need to announce a time frame. Just plod away and release features when they're done.

You mean something like this?

9. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes Aug 31, 2019, 17:15 Kxmode

Roadsmaps? Where we're going, we don't need roadsmaps.  

7. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Coming to PC Aug 31, 2019, 09:55 Kxmode

I7-8700
RTX 2080 Ti
32GB DDR4-2133
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB
LG 27" 4K UHD IPS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm ready to jack in at 4K60! Dance

I REALLY hope we get to find out what the Internet beyond the barrier looks like!

News Comments > Borderlands 2 VR Coming to PC
3. Re: Borderlands 2 VR Coming to PC Aug 31, 2019, 09:53 Kxmode

Probably another EGS exclusive...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2019, 01:54 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 16:17:
Subways new BBQ Brisket sandwich with smoked cheddar is FanFuckingTastic. Real brisket slices, yummy bbq sauce and smokey cheddar slices are spec. but I added pickles and onions to mine and will definitely be getting another before the limited cow part runs out.

Looks delish. I'll need to give that sub a try! Thanks for the reco.

News Comments > Homeworld 3 Announced
11. Re: Homeworld 3 Announced Aug 30, 2019, 23:59 Kxmode

Slashman wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 23:52:
Only thing I'm passing on is Epic Exclusivity!

I see what you did there.
I get the reference.

News Comments > Homeworld 3 Announced
3. Re: Homeworld 3 Announced Aug 30, 2019, 21:33 Kxmode

Love how they did the jump gate animation in the trailer!  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2019, 15:56 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 12:48:
"Burns conceded that the long-term effects of vaping are not known."

About Burns' comment, I have to call BS on that. There's clear evidence that CBD oil popular among vapist can cause liver damage. It's not less harmful than smoking causing lung damage, it's the same. Worse, vaping lacks the strict regulation tobacco has. Kids and young adults in regions of the country can obtain these products and even more so online where rules appear to be non-existent between websites.

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 12:48:
"Don't vape. Don't use Juul"

"DON'T DO IT." Young person's response, "I'm doing it." They're playing into psychology of young adults not wanting to listen to adults tell them what to do.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2019, 15:45 Kxmode

When you submit one candidate and they get hired. lol!  

News Comments > Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store
21. Re: Celeste and Inside Free on Epic Games Store Aug 30, 2019, 13:27 Kxmode

Nimh wrote on Aug 30, 2019, 06:02:
Rusted out white van with "free candy" scrawled on the side.

More appropriate metaphor: a new van without wheels mounted on cinder blocks with "free candy" scrawled on the side.

News Comments > More Assault Stories
19. Re: More Assault Stories Aug 30, 2019, 13:23 Kxmode

* C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER REMOVED *  

News Comments > Valve Fighting EU Antitrust Charges
28. Re: Valve Fighting EU Antitrust Charges Aug 30, 2019, 13:18 Kxmode

The EU competition enforcer in April charged the six companies with preventing EU consumers from shopping around for the best video game deals within the 28-country bloc.

It said the companies agreed to use geo-blocking activation keys to prevent consumers in one EU country from buying cheaper versions of a game in another EU country.

You keep using "regional pricing" EU. I do not think it means what you think it means.

News Comments > Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Abuse Allegation
88. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 29, 2019, 20:37 Kxmode

Squirmer wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 19:21:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 19:06:
How many false accusations should you consider as immoral to justify the 92% that is true? If your answer is zero then, you sir, are correct. A single false allegation is WRONG. There's no such thing as "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." When one false accusation can destroy a person's life and reputation, and potentially lead to suicide, there's no room for false allegations.
Another thing that can lead to suicide is rape. It might sound nice to say "innocent until proven guilty" but that's exactly why the majority of sexual assaults are not even reported. You're concerned about the occasional man who might be wrongly accused but don't seem to care about the majority of actual victims who have to live with the trauma, while the offender probably goes on to abuse others too.

Re: "You're concerned about the occasional man who might be wrongly accused but don't seem to care about the majority of actual victims who have to live with the trauma." Never go full strawman.

83. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 29, 2019, 19:14 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 16:05:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 15:46:
On the one hand, sexual assault can result in a lifetime of trauma. The most recent This American Life episode dealt with this.

On the other hand, false accusations can also be devastating. Here's the story of a Navy SEAL who was falsely accused and convicted.

That is some haunting shit, thanks for sharing it. Should give anyone pause before they rush to judgment on either side in the future.

Precisely. From the beginning, I was adamant about us not joining the online mob against the guy. He's probably getting eviscerated; no doubt his former employee condemned him by firing him as if to state his guilt is all but assured. All of this based on what Zoe wrote on her iPhone on 8/26, more than a month after the incident happened, according to her bias, and with no real evidence presented (e.g. "here's a photo of the bruises I suffered from", or "here's a note from my doctor about the event" or "here's a copy of the police report I filed with private information redacted.")

82. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 29, 2019, 19:07 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 12:22:
It may be a point worth mentioning that the statistics being thrown around are for rape/sexual assault accusations that were tried in court. I don't see there being any conceivable way of coming up with any percentage for the types of cases that are brought to light on social media - there's virtually no burden of proof whatsoever in the court of public opinion.

Exactly. "He did it!" "Get him!" is the axiom of the modern social media mob.

81. Re: Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Assault Allegation Aug 29, 2019, 19:06 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 11:52:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 10:01:
I think the FBI puts the false allegation rate at 8%. I wonder how they get to that number though: rape convictions vs false accusal convictions? Regardless, out of the 80,000 reported rapes in the USA, 8% is thousands of false accusations.

Regardless, out of the 80,000 reported rapes in the USA, 92% is tens of thousands of verified accusations.

As for the FBI's number:
That number has not been used since 1997 and the estimate was criticised by academic Bruce Gross as almost meaningless as many jurisdictions from which FBI collects data use different definition of "unfounded", which, he wrote, includes cases where the victim did not physically fight off the suspect or the suspect did not use a weapon, and cases where the victim had a prior relationship to the suspect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

How many false accusations should you consider as immoral to justify the 92% that is true? If your answer is zero then, you sir, are correct. A single false allegation is WRONG. There's no such thing as "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." When one false accusation can destroy a person's life and reputation, and potentially lead to suicide, there's no room for false allegations.

15858 Comments. 793 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo