Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11459 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 13:23 Kxmode

RockFish Games sent me an email containing a Steam alpha key for EVERSPACE! Dance  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
75. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 29, 2016, 00:32 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 07:12:
Posting about it ten thousand times and trying to spam your views everywhere is what makes you a crazy ex. Talking like a crazy person about Blizzards egos and making up conspiracy theories about a video game patch revision is what makes you a crazy ex. My points about why vanilla WoW servers are still unaddressed which in vanilla WoW terms that you should understand is a FAIL.

Again, I haven't addressed any of your illogical points because you have none. Anything else?

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Duck Game Free Weekend
1. Re: Duck Game Free Weekend Apr 28, 2016, 20:26 Kxmode

Life is like a hurricane...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2016, 16:35 Kxmode

CrushBug wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 11:58:
Prescription drugs were in his house? OMG, I have prescription drugs in my house! Am I going to die?!

Nope.

73. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 27, 2016, 22:33 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 07:05:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 22:47:
Lots of rage. Lots of passion! I especially like the part where I'm labelled a "professional victim". Good stuff Redmask. Really hit the nail on head. Anything else I'm missing?

Rage? Hahah. I'm not the one signing petitions or following around game devs like a crazy ex.

Criticizing Star Citizen because Chris Roberts didn't stay true to his word on the game's scope, its duration and budget isn't being a "crazy ex". Signing a petition to play a version of World of Warcraft no longer available and being vocal about wanting such a thing isn't a "crazy ex" move.

If you're going to use metaphors at least try to be accurate.

Redmask wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 07:05:
Your utter failure to address any of my points both there and here has been noted.

I didn't address your points because you have none.

Anything else? If not, GG.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2016, 22:40.

54. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 23:09 Kxmode

NewMaxx wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 20:36:
This is just my opinion - having played dozens of MMOs including World of Warcraft at launch, and having been on the design team for two - but I see this situation more as an opportunity. It's no mystery that Blizzard has been moving away from World of Warcraft and in fact they have made the (smart) decision to move away from traditional MMOs all-together. Yet they apparently lack the vision to make something great with what they already have.

Someone else commented that they picked THE wrong person to be affiliated with this statement and I couldn't agree more. Blizzard seems to be in a constant flux when it comes to being in touch with their customers. Tying these concepts together I offer the example of Diablo 3, which was turned around largely by listening to the community and removing a certain person on the team. My point being that if you want reform you need turnover.

All that being said I made my feelings about this statement felt on the Reddit thread. As someone who has worked on teams and game development, including the legal elements, I know what they're saying. I just disagree with it because they are approaching it like Microsoft rather than Google; Blizzard is quite capable of making the best of this opportunity and they have a track record of being flexible, but apparently the impetus isn't quite there yet.

Really appreciated your comment NewMaxx. I was the one who commented about picking the wrong person. J Allen Brack is going to be forever known as the "You think you do, but you don't" guy.

If you don't mind me asking does "been on the design team for two" refer to Blizzard?

53. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 22:47 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 19:38:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 18:53:
Wetworks wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 18:07:
Vanilla servers is such a no brainer for Blizzard I have no idea why they haven't done it yet.

It's not about the money. It's clear they have the resources to do this if wanted. It's about their egos. The people driving WOW today DO NOT want the community going back to the first version of their game. They've censored and banned ALL vanilla discussions on their official servers. They've said "No" to legacy servers since Cataclysm days. It's very clear from Cataclysm that their intent was to destroy the original vanilla content. They have also gone back and redid almost all the old dungeons and raids. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to continue to replace the old content with THEIR content.

This is so asinine, not to mention paranoid. Blizzard wants people playing all of its content, its why Legion is testing outdoor scaling. It's why heroics and mythics exist. It's why they redid the 1-60 experience. Sorry that you can't accept change but that's your fucking problem chump, not Blizzards. The game will always keep evolving and changing, that's the nature of most MMO games.

The community doesn't want to go back to the first version of the game either, I know because I was there when they bitched and moaned for Blizzard to improve the product. If there was money to be made selling people vanilla Blizzard would be first in line. They know damned well vocal minorities like yourself aren't going to pay money to raid Blackwing Lair in 2 years time. They know because they've been making and selling the game for 12 years and people like you were the first ones whining for these things that exist in the game now.

They blew you off in a polite manner and that's more than you deserve in this situation. You talk about egos but this is more about your ego and its desire to travel backwards in time to high school when you had fond memories of cheeto fueled overnighters in Molten Core.

That's what you said. Here's what you mean...

Redmask wrote on Apr 19, 2016, 05:44:
An online petition hahah. Vanilla fucking sucked. Yeah lets wander around clearing trash BRD for 2 hours to maybe kill a boss. It was fun because you were doing it the first time. You might let nostalgia make it somewhat amusing once again but then you will be gone without new content and Blizzard knows that better than anyone else, they were forced to deal with it every single year. Every one of those retarded player run realms always had people crowing at first then whining about backporting of current patch features. Peoples nostalgia blinders are hilarious. It's not coming back and good riddance. Between that and Star Citizen I'm starting to think kxmode is a Professional Victim.

Lots of rage. Lots of passion! I especially like the part where I'm labelled a "professional victim". Good stuff Redmask. Really hit the nail on head. Anything else I'm missing?

45. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 18:53 Kxmode

Wetworks wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 18:07:
Vanilla servers is such a no brainer for Blizzard I have no idea why they haven't done it yet.

It's not about the money. It's clear they have the resources to do this if wanted. It's about their egos. The people driving WOW today DO NOT want the community going back to the first version of their game. They've censored and banned ALL vanilla discussions on their official servers. They've said "No" to legacy servers since Cataclysm days. It's very clear from Cataclysm that their intent was to destroy the original vanilla content. They have also gone back and redid almost all the old dungeons and raids. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to continue to replace the old content with THEIR content.

27. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 14:02 Kxmode

nin wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 13:56:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:05:
WOW is going to fold in about 5 years. Blizzard's own greed is going to be the WOW killer.

Pick a date and I'll mark it on the calendar. The only way it's going to fold is when they replace it with something bigger.

Your comments here are basically sour grapes...

Pick today. April 26, 2021. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I really wanted Legacy servers. Can you really blame me for being very disappointed?

25. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 13:56 Kxmode

NetHead wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 13:40:
For the record I don't care about WOW, couldn't care less infact about it or the private servers. Though I can't stand companies who feed people shit and say it's cake.

It's just a nicer form of "No. And you think we do, but we don't."

22. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 13:52 Kxmode

Triblade wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 13:20:
Hey look at that; another year, another forum post predicting the end of World of Warcraft.

Somebody better let Blizzard know, that after 11 years of people posting the exact same shit, they could be right this time.

Someone said 5 years? THE DATE IS SET.

FOR REAL THIS TIME.

My instincts told me Northrend would be WOW's next expansion after TBC. My instincts told me a MMOFPS would be Titan. This prediction for WOW demise isn't based on volatile rage. It's based on the growing backlash against retail WOW, the number of falling subs, the dwindling number of streamers, less people producing WOW videos on Youtube, coming in 42nd on MMORPG's list of top MMOs, and many other factors. The case can be made that the decay of the game is now going to happen rapidly. Perhaps before Nostalrius, WOW possibly had 7-12 years of life left. I believe it's now 5. Now If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I'll admit that.

19. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 13:30 Kxmode

Mark Kern's open letter video to Mike Morhaime.

10. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:22 Kxmode

Yifes wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:11:
It is now very clear to me that their number one driving force isnít their fan base, itís money.

That's the number one driving force behind every company. Pretty naive of you to think otherwise.

Don't twist my words. You know precisely what I mean. Even profit-driven companies can still care about their supporters and fans. Blizzard did it many times in the past.

Yifes wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 12:11:
WOW is going to fold in about 5 years. Blizzard's own greed is going to be the WOW killer.

If it folds, it would be because it is a 16 year old fucking game, and people have grown bored of it. It's already lasted way beyond anyone's expectations.

Age has nothing to do with WOW folding. It will fold on its own merits because of all the changes they've made since Cataclysm. The backlash was because of those changes.

7. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:14 Kxmode

I will also add that Brack's idea to create a "pristine server" is retarded. Retailers don't want that because it'll make their casual experience more challenging. Vanilla players don't want that because it'll be based on the current gameplay mechanics; they want the old skills and talents from pre-WOTLK. This is another example of Blizzard not listening to what we want. #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont. I think it's insulting that Blizzard would offer this abomination consisting of no talents, 70% cut abilities, none of the orginal zones/content in place of vanilla. I have to believe it would be MORE expansive to set up this kind of realm. And NOBODY asked for it.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2016, 12:31.

4. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:05 Kxmode

TL;DR they said no.

The fact that they got J Allen Brack of all the people at Blizzard to respond to this instead of Mike Morhaime, the person we were really hoping to hear from, speaks volumes. Blizzard also didn't have the decency to acknowledge the petition and the hard work the Legacy community did to put together nearly a quarter million supporters, or the 150,000 active players on Nostalrius, or the nearly one million registered accounts.

They didn't give legacy servers at least a year to try. Mark said the process of bringing Legacy online - from Bnet2 integration to hardware setup - would take less than 6 months. They just talked about it but didn't even try. This is precisely why WOW's subs are falling. The people running WOW today don't even care to try something new. Remember when Blizzard used to be the trailblazers? Remember when almost every year there was a new WOW clone or Diablo clone. Those days are gone. Now Blizzard is scrambling to copy everyone else. Legacy servers was their last opportunity to be trailblazers again.

I don't think I've ever said this until today but I'm done with Blizzard. It is now very clear to me that their number one driving force isnít their fan base, itís money. So fine. More power to Blizzard. I sincerely hope they choke on their greed. I successfully predicted the third WOW expansion would be about Northrend; a year before its announcement. I successfully predicted Project Titan would be a MMOFPS 4 years before Overwatch was announced. Today, I am making a new prediction.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Rewards
4. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Rewards Apr 25, 2016, 20:29 Kxmode

I really like VANILLA ice cream. VANILLA ice cream is better than WOD-nut ice cream. I think Dairy Blizzard should start offering VANILLA since so many like that more than WOD-nut.  

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
27. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:29 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:27:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:22:
I don't think "Welcome to the Jungle" is glam rock. That's what John Conner listened to while he was being stalked by the Terminator! That's pretty metal.

Dude. John Connor and the song was 'You Could Be Mine' (with one of the best drum/bass opening thunderstorms ever!).

Oh wow. Well there goes my nerd cred! My bad. I meant John Connor and "You Could Be Mine."

25. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:22 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:19:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:02:
BLACKROOM is metal. It features a new soundtrack and compositions by acclaimed metal guitarist George Lynch, frequently cited as one of the best metal guitarists in the world.

I'm pretty sure Slash from Guns N' Roses is one of the best metal guitarists in the world. His solo part in November Rain is crazy!

I dunno if most people would define Guns N' Roses as metal. It's more somewhere between Glam and Hard rock. Not that it takes away from the November rain solo.
Although now that I think about many of the bands Lynch was in are very glam rock too. *shrugs*

What I really came here to do is, to say that this game will be an epic fail.

I don't think "Welcome to the Jungle" is glam rock. That's what John Conner listened to while he was being stalked by the Terminator! That's pretty metal.

23. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:18 Kxmode

Placid wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:08:
I bet it gets cancelled in about 14 months.

Because he'll blow a ton of money on office space swag?

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2016, 19:26.

20. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:02 Kxmode

BLACKROOM is metal. It features a new soundtrack and compositions by acclaimed metal guitarist George Lynch, frequently cited as one of the best metal guitarists in the world.

I'm pretty sure Slash from Guns N' Roses is one of the best metal guitarists in the world. His solo part in November Rain is crazy!

11459 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo