Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13091 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 21:55 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 20:06:
Dead Sea Scrolls, Greek Septuagint, Hebrew manuscripts, Aleppo Codex
All written by stupid humans. sigh

You are correct. "Stupid humans," wrote the bible, but they did not author it. Jehovah God did. The Bible has no equal in all human history. God inspired the original scriptures, but they were physically written by 40 secretaries or scribes (the "stupid people") over the course of 1,610 years.

The Bible, itself, had scholars and skilled copyists like Ezra who wrote the books of Ezra and both Chronicles (Side note: the original scrolls chronicling the lineage of kings -- also called "The Book of The Kings" during those days -- had been lost or destroyed during Babylon's destruction of Jerusalem in 607 BCE.)

Many of these "stupid" scribes acknowledged God to be the author.

MOSES - (Exodus 24:4) "Moses wrote down all the words of Jehovah."
SAMUEL - (2 Samuel 23:2) The spirit of Jehovah spoke through me; His word was on my tongue.
PAUL - (2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God
PETER - (2 Peter 1:21) For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.
DANIEL - (Daniel 7:1) "Daniel saw a dream and visions of his head as he lay on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream; he recorded a complete account of the matters."

Humans are at liberty and their stupid biases to translate the scriptures incorrectly, but no matter how they do it the core scriptures remain intact. The reason? "the word of our God endures forever." (Isaiah 40:8) Jehovah has taken it upon himself to preserve the Biblical canon throughout human history despite repeated attempts to rid humanity of it (e.g., Dark Ages).

The point of my reply is this: the translations that remain as close as possible to the source also remain the most accurate translations of God's Words.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 20:02 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 19:22:
The bible has been rewritten more often and by more people than the original Star Wars trilogy has been molested by its creator. Wait for another rewrite and expect a line about 9 world empires.

Don't confuse "rewrite" with "translation." These two words are not the same. However, are there examples of bad translations? Absolutely.

Almost every Bible in circulation today has omitted God's chosen name even though he states it very clearly, "I am Jehovah. That is my name." (Isaiah 42:8) When asked about this omission translators give reasons like "no one knows how to pronounce the divine name, so it is better to substitute it with titles like LORD and GOD." However, they have no problems translating Yeshu'a or Yehohshu'a, which means "Jehovah Is Salvation," into the Greek Iesous (Jesus).

Where translators have taken unjustifiable liberties with the translation, they have in effect changed its meaning (what you would label as "rewritten"). The Bible is fraught with examples of this. However, Bibles that rely on authentic sources such as the Dead Sea Scrolls, Greek Septuagint, Hebrew manuscripts, Aleppo Codex, and various others; and compare them to determine authenticity are the Bibles with the most accurate translations. That is the Bible I study.

No response on Redeye9's comment below.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 19:06 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 17:47:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 17:29:
There will not be an eighth world power.

Hmmm, why don't you and me come back to this discussion in about 100 years or so, yes? I'm pretty sure things will be a bit different by then...

Pretty sure in a 100-years we won't care.

(Isaiah 65:13, 17) "This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah [YHWH] says: ‘... Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be called to mind, nor will they come up into the heart.'"

Hopefully, we will all be in that new earth under the "new heaven"-like Kingdom of God. No more stupid humans who think they can rule, be president, be a tyrant, or a dictator. Thumbsup

20. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Sep 18, 2017, 17:29 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 13:28:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 12:19:
The United States and the United Kingdom will not be destroyed by any human governments, so you need not worry about such things; at least not now.
Have you become Nostradamus?

Nope. Biblical study. Without getting into the minutiae it states the last King*, or world power*, in Biblical prophecy won't be destroy by human hands, but by God's Kingdom.

* throughout history there have been seven world powers who had a direct influence on God's people:
1. Egypt
2. Assyria
3. Babylon
4. Meds and Persians (also called The Medo-Persian Empire)
5. Greece
6. Rome
7. Anglo-American (United States and United Kingdom)
There will not be an eighth world power.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2017, 19:10.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 12:19 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2017, 11:11:
Saw the documentary about that Mr. Petrov. The world literally owes that man their lives. If it had been some hawkish psycho in the nuclear silo the odds are none of us would be here right now. Thanks for that M. Petrov!

The United States and the United Kingdom will not be destroyed by any human governments, so you need not worry about such things; at least not now.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2017, 11:51 Kxmode

So I guess I've been officially recruited. "Two by two. Hands of poo..."

Or, "One if by land, two if by no see."

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 17, 2017, 01:57 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 12:46:
New Bill Would Let People Freeze Their Credit for Free

Can I genetically enhance my credit, put it in cryo, and blast it out into space?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Equifax CIO, CSO “retire” in wake of huge security breach. Sep 17, 2017, 01:55 Kxmode

Early in the 21st Century, THE EQUIFAX CORPORATION advanced database technology held the IDENTITIES - information on virtually every human in existence - of the planet. The EQUIFAX was superior in security and protection, and at least equal in intelligence to the hackers who try to breach them routinely. Equifax was used as data storage, in the lucrative exploration and monetization of corporate entities. After the violation during an off-season spell, the Webb and Mauldin series was declared illegal in Equifax - under penalty of prosecutive. Special police squads - FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION - had orders to arrest, upon detection, any trespassing Webb, and Mauldin. This was not called detention. It was called retirement.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer Sep 17, 2017, 01:46 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Sep 16, 2017, 13:49:
Collect 1000 feathers to get a +1 sword, we added stats and its totally deep now guys!

If that's what you think Assassin's Creed is then you don't know what you're talking about.

13. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer Sep 15, 2017, 22:48 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 21:57:
Sure, but so far everything I've seen from this game makes Egypt look absolutely amazing. And the few gameplay videos have looked pretty good.

I'm usually not that bothered by maps full of 10000 things to do, as I'm perfectly able to just ignore the ones that don't interest me.

Beginning with Syndicate, Ubisoft significantly toned-down the visibility of side activities on the map, and to the point where many have to be sought out without map markers.

12. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer Sep 15, 2017, 22:42 Kxmode

Wetworks wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 19:08:
This will be my first Ass Creed I buy at launch. I've played a bit of 2 and Black Flag at sale prices and could never get into them. However, with the revamped combat and a more open world emphasis it'll be the perfect game to test out my newly upgraded rig, 1080 Ti / Coffee Lake 8700k

Just be aware that until the modern day story is rebooted it's probably going to be difficult to follow. This happened to me when I started playing Syndicate. It forced me to play AC2 through Unity, just so I could get up to speed with it all.

P.S. If it comes to that, that's not a bad thing.

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer Sep 15, 2017, 17:28 Kxmode

Seems like DESERTS are the new hotness. Next Friday GW2 expansion, Path of Fire, comes out. It's desert-theme on Elona and the Crystal Desert.

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
69. Re: Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 15, 2017, 10:59 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 09:05:
Both AI and Warhorse rank about the same, with Warhorse leading by a point or two. And the critics and audience scores are close.
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/artificial-intelligence-ai/critic-reviews
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/war-horse/critic-reviews

More often than not a critic's view of a film doesn't gel with the general public. I wouldn't put them on a pedestal.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
23. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 15, 2017, 10:52 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 02:32:
Drama, drama... From here on, I will wait for the great final: either "Star Citizen Goes Gold" or "Star Citizen: How The Mighty Have Fallen". Which means: I won't read any article on SC coming out in the next 10 years or so.

Then how will you get your monthly intake of popcorn? Popcorn

News Comments > Wild West Online Closed Alpha
1. Re: Wild West Online Closed Alpha Sep 15, 2017, 10:24 Kxmode

I'm going to name my character Jim West.

65. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 15, 2017, 00:50 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 00:15:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 23:58:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 20:40:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 14:38:
Imagine this. You being a money person, Steven Spielberg came to you and pitched a movie about horses during World War 2. Given his history with this genre, you jump at the chance. Then you see "Warhorse, " and you regret the decision. Star Citizen is Chris Roberts' "Warhorse."
Haha! Nice analogy Kx.

Hey, at least Spielberg finished Warhorse.
Yeah, but we wish he hadn't...

Well, it's only slightly better than "A.I. Artificial Intelligence"; a fusion of Steven Spielberg and Stanley Kubrick's styles that doesn't quite work.

64. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 15, 2017, 00:47 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 23:59:
Yeah, Occam's razor: Which is more likely, some idiots pooled $45K, or some dude faked it and posted it on Reddit?

It's really easy to add, remove, and edit ANYTHING on a page with the Inspector tool.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
7. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 14, 2017, 20:55 Kxmode

Justopolis wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 19:59:
Where's Derek Smart and his band of merry nutjobs?

Twitter and thank goodness. He can make as much noise as he wants there.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 20:53 Kxmode

In the immortal words of Obi-wan Kenobi, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Besides, nobody goes on Steam for its Community groups. They go on Steam to buy and play games.

60. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? (it was fake ~.~) Sep 14, 2017, 20:46 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 17:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 17:25:
So turns out the refund story was fakenews
Wait, you mean like i called it in the first post.

“the account in question was issued an individual refund of $330, not the $45,000 claimed”

Derek Smart is trying to spin this like a coked up Breitbart intern caught buggering Steve Bannon on live TV. sad
https://twitter.com/dsmart?lang=en

Derek's noise about Star Citizen has been helpful, but he is his own brand of crazy.

13091 Comments. 655 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo