Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15258 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Chuck Norris a Day Calendar May 3, 2019, 11:53 Kxmode

Chuck Norris can speak hieroglyph.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Goo Free on Epic Games Store
5. Re: World of Goo Free on Epic Games Store May 3, 2019, 00:22 Kxmode

Sacrifice wrote on May 3, 2019, 00:08:
RedEye9 wrote on May 2, 2019, 22:34:
Ant wrote on May 2, 2019, 19:47:
World of Goo was fun when I played many years ago.
I had to delete it from my system when i found out the Epic Game Store had it for free because reasons.
Bomb

What are the reasons? I can understand not wanting to support Epic, but why delete the game on another platform? It isn't an Epic exclusive.

Redeye is trying to jokingly show the extremist views express on this site towards the Epic Game Store. I guess the joke was funny...

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > World of Goo Free on Epic Games Store
4. Re: World of Goo Free on Epic Games Store May 3, 2019, 00:20 Kxmode

EA's freebie Origin offerings started dropping in quality too. Near the end of the promotion they gave away Peggle and Steamworld Dig. When it started they were giving away Mirror's Edge and Medal of Honor Pacific Assault.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Micro Mages May 2, 2019, 00:25 Kxmode

I think the more important news is the fact that Intellivision is returning. Wow! I used to play games on that machine. Absolutely hated that disc-shaped controller thing. But had a blast with the games on the rare occasions I was able to play.  

14. Micro Mages May 2, 2019, 00:05 Kxmode

Now this is cool. This Kickstarter was funded to create a game that'll play on a NES via a real cartridge. Now it's available on Steam and looks like a solid NES nostalgic trip. Graphics look good.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
40. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 20:59 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on May 1, 2019, 19:19:
Kxmode wrote on May 1, 2019, 18:31:
Kxmode wrote on May 1, 2019, 17:53:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 1, 2019, 17:42:
The Saga Of 'Star Citizen,' A Video Game That Raised $300 Million—But May Never Be Ready To Play

And the Non-AMP version if you're on your desktop

"What's really rough is the current state of Star Citizen. The company Roberts cofounded, Cloud Imperium Games, has raised $288 million to bring the PC game to life along with its companion, an offline single-player action game called Squadron 42. Of this haul, $242 million has been contributed by about 1.1 million fans, who have either bought digital toys like the Kraken or given cash online."

According to the funding page they've raised $224 million, which includes the Kickstarter campaign totals. Forbes doesn't strike me as a publications that gets numbers wrong. So where exactly did they get the "$242 million" or "$288 million" or "$300 Million" from? It's almost like they're just pulling numbers out of the air that don't jive with the facts.

I see where.

"To supercharge the money that Gardiner was raising, Roberts brought in a big outside investor for the first time last fall. Cloud Imperium received $46 million from Clive Calder, the South African billionaire behind Jive Records, and his son, Keith. The funds are meant for—what else?—more marketing."

224 + 46 = 270. Still doesn't explain where they got 242, 288 or 300 from.

Why obsess over the numbers? It doesn't really matter. The $300m seems to be a forward-looking statement in the headline, i.e. it will have raised $300m with barely anything to play which is simply the plain, cold, harsh truth.

$242m could be a typo that was meant to come out as $224m. Regarding the $288m it sounds like the authors actually talked to Mr. Liar so maybe he gave them the $288m?

This might be made up of $224m pledges + $46m investors and an unknown amount of extra funding like from government programs (AFAIK they have definitely received some funding from the EU/UK) or the self-funding before the crowd funding started in 2012. They started with a skeleton crew in 2011 to hack together that initial demo in CryEngine. Maybe that is also included.

Looking at the state of the game let us not kid ourselves, This is still at less than 1% delivered compared to the lofty promises of yore. It will be far, far, far beyond $300m in funding before it is anywhere near "ready to play"... which I would define as the point in time when Squadron 42 has been delivered in its entirety (not just an episode!) and when Star Citizen has left beta, i.e. after the final wipe.
Oh, and also when I finally hold my fucking collector's box in my hands. You know, the one that was meant to ship in late 2014.

My comments have nothing to do with the state of the game. It is about such an article appearing on Forbes as a headline piece. Forbes pride themselves on getting their financial numbers accurate since that's their core business. In the late '90s, a Forbes reporter investigated a piece called Hack Haven by Stephen Glass in The New Republic. Both Forbes and TNR discovered Glass had fabricated most of it. So if this article is claiming a specific amount down to the dollar amount on a site like Forbes, then the number should be accurate throughout. The author shouldn't be throwing out three different amounts that don't mathematically add up even if you include the substantial $46M outside investment.

News Comments > Full Steam Behind for Rocket League? Epic Acquiring Psyonix
2. Re: Full Steam Behind for Rocket League? Epic Acquiring Psyonix May 1, 2019, 19:13 Kxmode

Whatever...  

36. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 18:31 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on May 1, 2019, 17:53:
The Saga Of 'Star Citizen,' A Video Game That Raised $300 Million—But May Never Be Ready To Play

"What's really rough is the current state of Star Citizen. The company Roberts cofounded, Cloud Imperium Games, has raised $288 million to bring the PC game to life along with its companion, an offline single-player action game called Squadron 42. Of this haul, $242 million has been contributed by about 1.1 million fans, who have either bought digital toys like the Kraken or given cash online."

According to the funding page they've raised $224 million, which includes the Kickstarter campaign totals. Forbes doesn't strike me as a publications that gets numbers wrong. So where exactly did they get the "$242 million" or "$288 million" or "$300 Million" from? It's almost like they're just pulling numbers out of the air that don't jive with the facts.

I see where.

"To supercharge the money that Gardiner was raising, Roberts brought in a big outside investor for the first time last fall. Cloud Imperium received $46 million from Clive Calder, the South African billionaire behind Jive Records, and his son, Keith. The funds are meant for—what else?—more marketing."

224 + 46 = 270. Still doesn't explain where they got 242, 288 or 300 from.

29. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 17:53 Kxmode

23. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 15:33 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 1, 2019, 14:47:
How is the game at this point? Worth a 53GB download to try out?

It's got all the basic stuff in place albeit in an non-optimized presentation. The Arc planet is pretty crazy.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Gameplay Reveal
1. Re: Borderlands 3 Gameplay Reveal May 1, 2019, 15:29 Kxmode

The live chat during the stream was somewhat dominated by folks upset at the game's Epic Games Store exclusivity making seemingly endless comments seemed to reference Steam.

LOUD NOISES Shakefist

17. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 13:52 Kxmode

Leper wrote on May 1, 2019, 13:30:
Kxmode wrote on May 1, 2019, 13:11:
VoodooV wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:24:
Flatline wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:19:
I regret ever giving this assmonkey money.

Tell it to your therapist. Time to move on.

Has anyone noticed therapist is a space away from the rapist?

Only because of Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL: https://youtu.be/hElOag-1a0k

Sean Connery! You'll rue the day you crossed me. Shakefist

9. Re: Chuck Norris a Day Calendar May 1, 2019, 13:21 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on May 1, 2019, 13:08:
Kxmode wrote on May 1, 2019, 13:06:
Chuck Norris can never fill out an online form because Chuck Norris will never "submit."

Chuck Norris does not have to fill out online forms - they just fill themselves out because of FEAR.

Giggle

14. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 13:11 Kxmode

VoodooV wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:24:
Flatline wrote on May 1, 2019, 12:19:
I regret ever giving this assmonkey money.

Tell it to your therapist. Time to move on.

Has anyone noticed therapist is a space away from the rapist?

13. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend May 1, 2019, 13:09 Kxmode

Darks wrote on May 1, 2019, 11:47:
El Pit wrote on May 1, 2019, 11:29:
Incoming! INCOMING! TAKE COVER!!!

LOL, yea. sit back and watch the fireworks begin.

Popcorn

6. Chuck Norris a Day Calendar May 1, 2019, 13:06 Kxmode

Chuck Norris can never fill out an online form because Chuck Norris will never "submit."  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 30, 2019, 23:43 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on Apr 30, 2019, 19:36:
Thought it looked fine... I was never a Sonic fan tho.

Sonic is straight up uncanny valley. They tried to make him look too human and it's freakishly unsettling.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Apr 30, 2019, 22:48 Kxmode

Task wrote on Apr 30, 2019, 19:29:
I'm really wondering why the Sonic movie is not just a 3D remake of the original cartoon. Just a bunch of talking animals in the woods getting abducted by Robotnik. Looks really strange otherwise...

Because the people making it have no idea what to do with the source material.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2019, 19:22 Kxmode

Melisandre "I see a darkness in you, and in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes--eyes you'll shut forever. We will meet again."

Brown Eyes = Walder Frey and House Frey
Blues Eyes = Night King and White Walkers
Green Eyes = Cersei Lanister

I hope I'm wrong. Would seem too obvious and expected at this point.

Likely it might mean Daenerys Targaryen [who eyes are greenish] as a clue can be found when Arya and Jon meet and hug in S08E01. Arya says "family first, remember that." If push comes to shove she's going to side with her older step-brother over a pair of power-mad queens neither of which have legitimate claims to the throne. And second it appears the powers that be namely the Lord of Light R'hllor, is directing events to ensure Jon is installed as the rightful king as per his legal birthright.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2019, 19:41.

News Comments > Valve Index Details; Preorders Tomorrow
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 30, 2019, 18:30 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 30, 2019, 18:08:
its funny all the people complaining about valve's 30% cut now that another corporation told them its a problem.

Valve has the money to invest in whatever the fuck they want, not just what clickbait following 'gamurz' think is the most socially pressing issue of the day. You think they just started developing this after Epic made a storefront and challenged their position?

It's different this time because we're talking about AAA third-party exclusives that do not have a storefront (e.g. Origin, Uplay, or Battle.net) and the upcoming library of titles that'll be exclusive. This has never happened before in the PC gaming industry. If Valve doesn't do something they could find themselves passing a point of no return.

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 30, 2019, 18:08:
This is a long-term project for them and I hope they have the software side ready before too long to go along with the new tech.

It demonstrates Valve's unwillingness to pivot priorities to something immediate. Epic Games Store and their exclusivity is an immediate priority. Everything else, including this Index VR device, is secondary.

15258 Comments. 763 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo