Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14297 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Introduces Mal'Ganis
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Introduces Mal'Ganis Oct 8, 2018, 20:12 Kxmode

HOTS is the Jump The Shark of Blizzard titles.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 8, 2018, 03:09 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 7, 2018, 14:57:
I've always wondered what Chinese Parents were like.. and now I can buy them on steam! Thanks Gabe!

Oh you!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Steel Rats Next Month
2. Re: Steel Rats Next Month Oct 7, 2018, 22:05 Kxmode

Riffraff!
Steel rats!
Soundrel!
Take that!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released
15. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released Oct 7, 2018, 17:52 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Oct 7, 2018, 08:11:
A story of ancient Greece and Sparta, told with beautiful graphics and solid gameplay. Naval combat, ground combat, a great exploration mechanic and added RPG elements like gear, crafting, unlockable abilities and dialogue choices (with some of them impacting the story strongly).

In this day and age, I can't find a reason to bitch about this game even if I reach deep into my well of negativity.

When I got to the list of Cult of Kosmos targets I just about lost it! I thought the game was done revealing a new system with the navel combat, and then that happened! I was like what?! This game is like EVERY Assassin's Creed game ever made all rolled into one game. I feel like the name of the game describes the Dev's efforts in making it.

I'm ALSO extremely happy the story of the modern day Assassins vs Templars conflict is back!

14. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released Oct 7, 2018, 17:46 Kxmode

peteham wrote on Oct 7, 2018, 04:47:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 7, 2018, 00:59:
There are no haystacks in Odyssey. Can you at least know what's in the game first before you criticize it? I've played EVERY AC game in the main series to the completion (except for Odyssey), so I like to think of myself as an authority on them.
So they are *leaf-piles* instead of haystacks now...

Guess again. The synchronization spots are varied. Many don't have leaps of faith because they're on top of huts or small building roofs. Others are on top of grand statues. Others on top of cliffs. Lots of variety. More so than any other AC game.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2018, 17:56.

News Comments > Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name?
24. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released Oct 7, 2018, 01:05 Kxmode

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 18:20:
Overmann wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 17:18:
Also games that have the same name as the original always irked me. Need for Speed, Doom, Etc.. Can't you come up with something new?

The reality is most people are stupid and most game companies are conservative.

There's something wrong with you.

11. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released Oct 7, 2018, 01:03 Kxmode

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 21:38:
We got our CE on Tuesday and I've been playing it every night since. It's fun, but honestly after about 15 hours I can say that I liked Origins better. I feel like there were more things to do and the quests were more interesting. Also, combat on normal is much harder in Odyssey. And I get that they are going in an RPG direction for some reason, but the dialogue choices make it seem like Alexios does not have half the personality that Bayek or Etzio did.

Try replaying as Cassandra. She's more charming!

10. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released Oct 7, 2018, 00:59 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 6, 2018, 11:35:
More towers, more haystacks. ‘nuff said.

There are no haystacks in Odyssey. Can you at least know what's in the game first before you criticize it? I've played EVERY AC game in the main series to the completion (except for Odyssey), so I like to think of myself as an authority on them.

My biggest complaint with Odyssey (at the moment at least) is the incredible amount of dynamic content. It makes it hard to know when a region completed. Perhaps "Exploration mode" was the Dev's answer to lessen the map confusion. However, at some point, I stopped taking those missions, and the misc quests have cleared themselves out.

I do like the way they implemented bounty hunters. Their AI feels more realistic than from Origins. First, they travel around the land looking for you! Yeah, like real-life bounty hunters they hunt you. They also don't only travel the road. They will cross the country and visit places that you think they wouldn't. Sometimes two BHs will appear and they will work together. When they chase after you they will tail you for twice the distance as regular mobs. So it can get hairy at times.

19. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released Oct 6, 2018, 09:43 Kxmode

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 21:46:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 19:29:
It's a black-and-white issue.

Man your whole post reads like one giant misunderstanding. You've clearly misread my post.

I didn't misread you post. Your not communicating well. It shouldn't take four posts to clarify your meanings.

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Released Oct 6, 2018, 09:41 Kxmode

Origins on land and Black Flag on sea. Nuff said! Amazing game.  

14. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 5, 2018, 19:29 Kxmode

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 17:48:
I didn't mean "Steal" in the literal sense, I mean "reduce the funding for overload". AKA many people funding DU didn't grasp that the real descent developers were not making DU.

I understand what you mean with regards to Overload. The issue you have isn't about trademark ownership and more about how poorly the Revival Productions devs have marketed Overload. That has nothing to do with Descendent Studios. Though, I think Descendent Studios should at least mention them out of respect to the original creators of the IP.

A team with no past experience making descent and thereby if they fuck it up ruining or tarnishing the IP.

They worked on Wing Commander, Freelancer, Strike Commander, and many other 6DoF-like titles. They have the experience.

AKA descent got more funds because the star citizens guys got the trademark therefore the REAL developers didn't get as much money as they could have used to build a better descent.

They didn't get the trademark. Interplay's CEO licensed the IP to them. Interplay owns the brand.

AKA the people who really should have gotten that money didn't because of bad timing, so yeah the DU kickstarter ultimately hurt overload.

Revival Productions haven't received the IP because they've demanded ownership from the rightful owners: namely Interplay. Interplay published all three of those titles and is the rightful owner of it. It's they who gets to chose who gets to create a game with the Descent title, and they chose Descendent Studios.

It's a black-and-white issue.

9. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 5, 2018, 16:24 Kxmode

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 5, 2018, 12:28:
The reality is this project stole the money, thunder and name the descent devs could have used. Almost nobody knows overload was released and the original devs only got 300K while the DU team got 600K. I was pissed that devs from star citizen basically stole the thunder for a descent remake because they were first and they had somehow gotten the descent trademark.

The reality is NO ONE stole anything. Eric Peterson's studio legally acquired The Descent name, likeness, and so forth from the CEO of Interplay who rightfully owns the IP. That's fair and legal.

6. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 5, 2018, 14:51 Kxmode

ESTIMATED DELIVERY
Mar 2016

News Comments > American Truck Simulator - Oregon Rolls Out
4. Re: American Truck Simulator - Oregon Rolls Out Oct 4, 2018, 22:29 Kxmode

Shock wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 20:47:
Watch out for dysentery!

Or Dissing Terry. That's lethal yo!

News Comments > American Truck Simulator - Oregon Rolls Out
1. Re: American Truck Simulator - Oregon Rolls Out Oct 4, 2018, 20:05 Kxmode

ATS is an amazing game and looks beautiful on my 4K60 rig. Can't wait to pick this up tonight.

News Comments > Telltale Lays Off More, But Hopes Ex-Staff Will Complete The Walking Dead
1. Re: Telltale Lays Off More, But Hopes Ex-Staff Will Complete The Walking Dead Oct 4, 2018, 19:56 Kxmode

I'm now convinced "The Walking Dead" is a metaphor for Telltale.  

News Comments > Limit Theory Cancelled
47. Re: Limit Theory Cancelled Oct 4, 2018, 19:34 Kxmode

d r m a m u wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 19:11:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 18:33:
Hope the guy doesn't commit suicide. That would suck. Nobody, not even backers, should push him to that point, and if they do they're pond scum. POND SCUM I say!

such a flippant disregard for human life... and you call yourself a christian? SHAME!! SHAME ON YOU!!

go say 432,000 hail marys and 144,000 el diablos

What the actual .... ?

45. Re: Limit Theory Cancelled Oct 4, 2018, 19:27 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 11:24:
I followed this project for years. It's a shame nothing came of it. He seems close to alpha: the engine is in good shape, the AI and economy we're coming along. In the end his reach exceeded his grasp. Hopefully a team of talented modders can finish this up. There's still potential here.

I watched the pitch vid, and I kept saying, "Please don't be a teen. Please don't be a teen." It would be way too easy to explain the issues. All the intelligence and programming smarts in the world do not account for knowledge and experience required to produce video games (and all the more so for procedurally generated on a proprietary engine). "When I began this project, I felt that anything was possible. Here now, at the end, I must swallow the painful reality that: I, too, am human. I am limited by time, I am limited by finances, and I am limited by mental & emotional stamina." This statement sums up the ignorance of most teens and young people today who think anything is possible but remain too ignorant to realize that they can't. It's maddening because had he pitched this as a hobby project with an optional donation via Paypal or Patreon that would be one thing, but he did this with other people's money. No, he didn't scam people. However, let's be real: he pitched a product, people paid for the product promised by him. They didn't pay for source code. I guess what I'm saying is in certain situations, crowdfunding is a terrible choice for both backers and creators.

40. Re: Limit Theory Cancelled Oct 4, 2018, 19:09 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 16:21:
d r m a m u wrote on Oct 4, 2018, 16:12:
looks i got back right in the (proverbial) nick of time

to remind everyone how i called this shit oh so many years ago

which of course gives me many feels

space_captain?

A certainty.

39. Re: Limit Theory Cancelled Oct 4, 2018, 18:33 Kxmode

Hope the guy doesn't commit suicide. That would suck. Nobody, not even backers, should push him to that point, and if they do they're pond scum. POND SCUM I say!  

14297 Comments. 715 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo