Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12914 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
14. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 18, 2017, 11:52 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 02:08:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 23:08:
@Cutter, @eRe4s3r - Early Access and crowd funding are like the OTC stock market. I hope we're intelligent enough not to invest in such shenanigans.

Well hopefully YOU are smarter now, Mr Pre-order No Man's Sky.

Hindsight is 20/20. But, yes, let's toss preordering into the mix too.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown
6. Re: Might & Magic SHOWDOWN Shutdown Jul 17, 2017, 23:08 Kxmode

@Cutter, @eRe4s3r - Early Access and crowd funding are like the OTC stock market. I hope we're intelligent enough not to invest in such shenanigans.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 23:44 Kxmode

Mass Effect Andromeda, 10-hour trial, is not 10 hours. It's up to 10 hours or until you reach the door in the lake on Eos. I got this lovely message telling me to buy the game to continue the adventure even though I had 4 hours remaining. EA shenanigans strike again.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2017, 20:20 Kxmode

Auctions: A Video Game Just Sold For $55,093 On eBay. Taking a guess before I see the article. Legend of Zelda 1, Gold Edition cartridge. Survey says: Stadium Events. Wow. Okay well, I guess...

Also, OMG Nerf Nasa's Super Soaker!

News Comments > Fire Pro Wrestling World Early Access
1. Re: Fire Pro Wrestling World Early Access Jul 11, 2017, 17:42 Kxmode

Why do they put "The wait is over" in the video? I'm pretty sure the wait is just beginning.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October
6. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October Jul 11, 2017, 13:01 Kxmode

aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 10:48:
Yeah but this new version has a ":" colon punctuating it -- so it's totally different & revolutionary .

Plus it has fidelitah and immershaun!

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2017, 16:47.

News Comments > Wild West Online Trailer
10. Re: Wild West Online Trailer Jul 11, 2017, 12:57 Kxmode

Another early access title. Remember when releasing finished games was the norm?

35. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Jul 10, 2017, 21:43 Kxmode

Orogogus wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 02:41:
I thought kx's reply was more interesting than people bagging on his religion and baiting him yet again. It's not greatly different from right wingers who like to go on about the terribleness of Islam.

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October
2. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta in October Jul 10, 2017, 21:17 Kxmode

Second System Effect: The Video Game  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 22:47 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 22:14:
Orogogus wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 21:30:
You don't want kx to talk about his religion so much, but you can't leave it alone, either.
Dude talks out both sides of his mouth. But I just don't care to hear anything from a cult member that kills children and adults by denying them "that amazing modern medicine". That's some medieval shit.

You see the link in my sig line for "Hide Users on BluesNew?" My user id is 18786. Please use it. It will make your life better.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 20:43 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 19:45:
Not to derail things but aren't you a JDubz? Like, surgery is bad because you can't get a transfusion? I mean hernia operation isn't exactly a bloodbath normally but...

Despite the tremendous advances in bloodless surgery -- thanks in large part to the cooperation between Witnesses and the medical community -- blood transfusions remain something each Witness has to come to terms with when they go under the knife. This was no exception in my case. The doctor, entirely respectful of my beliefs (and having had experience performing surgeries on Witnesses), allayed my concerns by stating my hernia procedure is virtually bloodless. In full disclosure, as is common with doctors, he said the only time blood transfusion might come into play is if the Adductor canal of the Femoral artery were accidentally cut or severed. However, having performed hundreds of successful hernia operations, he told me the likelihood of that happening is like 0.1%. Even under those favorable conditions, I still did my due diligence of giving the nurse checking me in my "No Blood" card and documentation legally obliging them to respect my wishes. I also signed hospital paperwork that absolved the staff of any responsibility should the worse happen. I gave this decision with sound mind and body, as well as magnanimous mutual respect towards the hospital staff. In the end, I was prepared to pass away if the procedure deteriorated. Everything when smoothly without the need for blood transfusion, and I live longer to play more games. #Win.

Modern medicine is amazing.

News Comments > On Overwatch Balance
8. Re: On Overwatch Balance [ Jul 8, 2017, 20:25 Kxmode

Most of the creativity and brains have left Blizzard for other interests. The husk that remains is a bunch of corporate drones and foolish incompetence who lack any dedicated gravitas to make truly engaging games. Unless someone is a glutton for this garbage, the shelf life of repetitive card games and MOBA is limited. The only correct Overwatch balance is to make a Star Wars Battlefront 2 styled single player title about the game's story.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 18:54 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 13:40:
The antibiotics resistant strains of bacteria are likely going to wind up being a far more deadly problem than Global Warming...

I mean, don't get me wrong, Global Warming is terrifying, and it will affect everyone's lives (though more those of the next two generations.) But you can mitigate the effects somewhat.

Dying because of a simple infection, because there is no way to treat the infection, is straight back to the fucking Middle Ages. Better buy stock in leeches again. :\

And all because fucking doctors kept proscribing the shit when people had a fucking flu, and because the damned agriculture industry kept feeding it to their lifestock.

Well, those money-grubbing cavemen doctors fixed my hernia. It's really easy to bash the medical industry from the comfort of your computer chair, but when real people have really positive results from doctors you should look at that too.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2017, 10:15 Kxmode

I didn't know it was Video Game Day. I just assume every day is a video game day.

On a side note, watched Ghost in the Shell. Having Scarlett Johansson play the Major and Michael Pitt play the antagonist is a smart move as the keyword "in the Shell" relates to the unfolding story. If you've seen it, you likely understand what I mean.

News Comments > Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month
8. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 8, 2017, 06:41 Kxmode

Yifes wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 02:31:
Also there is no grind in Overwatch. All characters and maps are unlocked at the get go. If you want to go for useless things like skins, that's your own damn problem.

Fan hurt alert!

7. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 8, 2017, 06:35 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 02:14:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 17:30:
I am done with Blizzard. They no longer make games I find enjoyable.

For me, the primary reason I no longer care for Blizzard is this, 3 most recent things Blizzard made

Overwatch - online PVP with grind
Hearthstone - online PVP with grind
Heroes of the Storm - online PVP with grind

;(

It's like.. they just rehash a single gameplay loop forever now.. bah

Speaking of rehashing, HD remakes of older games, but they tell vanilla WOW fans to take a hike. I haven't enjoyed anything from Blizzard in the past decade.

Blizzard should do what EA is doing with Battlefront 2 and create a story-driven Overwatch game. Can't stand FPS MOBAs, but I'd play that. The characters are fascinating. Or they "sell out" the franchise and do this.

News Comments > SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released
5. Re: SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released Jul 8, 2017, 06:33 Kxmode

"Remember kids, ask for it by name. S Hashtag Exclamation mark T ON YOUR FRIENDS!" Do !T today! Your friends are standing by!!" Wacko  

News Comments > SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released
2. Re: SOYF- S#!T ON YOUR FRIENDS Released Jul 7, 2017, 20:18 Kxmode

Redundant. People don't need a game to do this.

2. Re: Hearthstone Knights of the Frozen Throne Next Month Jul 7, 2017, 17:30 Kxmode

I am done with Blizzard. They no longer make games I find enjoyable.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2017, 14:14 Kxmode

R.I.P. Joan Lee. Can't imagine how hard it is to have a mate of 69 years pass away. Hope this doesn't trigger a "Debbie Reynolds" effect.  

12914 Comments. 646 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo