Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11564 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
25. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 13:06 Kxmode

I have mentioned this more than a few times. However, to reiterate, Robertson Davies words best describe the current culture surrounding this game. "Fanaticism is overcompensation for doubt."  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2016, 12:20 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 10:47:
I think they cashed in and closed shop. No updates for a while now.

Me too! Most companies hit by bad news typically try to respond to acknowledge the problems, quell the situations from escalating and provide a roadmap of what they are doing to fix the problems. The fact that Sean and his team have been dead silent since launch reeks of a fly-by-night operation. It would not surprise me if there are maybe a couple more patches and then the game's support stops.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2016, 12:11 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 04:49:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 20:10:
I'm still bitter about No Man's Sky. Can't believe Sean Murray got away with highway robbery. I'm sure he's sitting in his castle feasting on his customer's tears and yucking it up with his team. Kind of like this guy.
I don't think so. We've not heard from him since launch basically. I think he truly believed that everyone would be over the moon about his game, and the massive backlash has devastated him. Here's to hoping they redouble their efforts and make the game more interesting.

I would've been delighted about his game if it had at least half the stuff he promised. Off-hand these promises include multiplayer, factions, participation in large fleet battles, visiting sand planets with potential giant snake creatures, and visits to systems with planets that rotate on their axis and around their sun. You know... basic stuff.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2016, 22:10 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 21:04:
I haven't bought or played the game... but the walker sentinels do exist. I've seen them while watching others play.

What I mean is they only appear after the wanted level reaches a certain amount. I suspect a constant firefight with waves of sentinels is the only way to get the wanted level up to 4 and 5-stars enough to trigger their appearance. I have yet to accomplished this. The problem is I have only ever seen a couple of the low-level sentinels patrolling. Moreover, I dispatch them too quickly to get my warrant level passed 2. That is why I think Walkers do not exist. On the random ~40 planets I visited I have never encountered them.

Maybe they are like The Illuminati and UFOs.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2016, 20:31 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 20:13:
The game isn't even listen on the stats page on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Also the 68,000+ reviews are "mostly negative". Again watching the video....looks nothing like the game.

I posted this on the Steam Community forum

----

By the way half of the screenshots on the store's page are lies.

SCREENSHOT 1 - There are no idyllic, beauty planets (most look like garbage).*
SCREENSHOT 2 - There are no fleets! Anywhere. In the entire game!
SCREENSHOT 3 - There are no Stonehenge that looks like that.
SCREENSHOT 4 - These walker sentinels do not exist because I NEVER got above three stars, and believe me I tried to anger the planet's police.
SCREENSHOT 9 - Jurassic Park does not exist.
SCREENSHOT 11 - There are no structures like that. There are no desert planets!

*Worth noting. That first screenshot has been confirmed by super smart hackers to be a unique build Sean used at E3, for the press, and even for the initial teaser trailer. It does not exist in the game.

----

Side note. Can anyone explain this?
http://i.imgur.com/ZTq8hAA.png

5/10 != 34%

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2016, 20:10 Kxmode

I'm still bitter about No Man's Sky. Can't believe Sean Murray got away with highway robbery. I'm sure he's sitting in his castle feasting on his customer's tears and yucking it up with his team. Kind of like this guy.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
33. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2016, 20:02 Kxmode

shiho wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 17:48:
Total-Khaos wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 16:48:
So I'm still going to have my Battle.net desktop application? No, it will be renamed to Blizzard Tech or something even more retarded.

IRVINE, CA: Blizzard Entertainment has released a follow-up announcement. In regard to our new "Blizzard tech" moniker, we want to clarify some things. No, you will no longer see the Battle.net icon in your system tray. The new "Blizzard" tech is an innovative approach that fully integrates itself into your operating system at the networking and filesystem layers. You'll never even know it's there!

Please be aware that some antivirus products, such as Kaspersky or Norton, may falsely detect Blizzard tech as a "rootkit". This minor inconvenience should go away soon, as we bribe them with giant wads of money.

Sincerely yours,
Bobby Kotick

It could be worse

32. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 22, 2016, 19:59 Kxmode

BicycleRepairMan wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 01:36:
nin wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 01:05:

It was rumored years ago that Activision wanted to use b.net as it's own competitor to steam. Never seemed to materialize, though...

I guess they were making games instead , like diablo 3, Warcraft 3.... you know, games with "3" in their name...

valve..?

IIIuminati confirmed!

News Comments > More Steam Review System Tweaks
8. Re: More Steam Review System Tweaks Sep 21, 2016, 23:13 Kxmode

Orogogus wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 13:08:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 12:43:
Valve should give players the ability to rate the gameplay, graphics, audio, value and fun and then create an aggregate score for each. I would much rather have this type of rating system.

You can write all you want about the gameplay, graphics, etc., and you can write whatever score you feel like in the body text. But I think if you really needed that sort of thing you would go to a reviews site instead of looking at Steam reviews. Steam reviews fulfill the same role as Amazon reviews, forcing everyone into a template would drastically cut down on the number of people who write reviews, which kind of defeats the point.

Most game sites use a format similar to what I suggested. The simple reason is it works. It lets the gaming consumer see how each aspect of game rates and then its overall score. Most people already write their reviews like that, as you point out. I'm just saying by providing a template to normalize the information Steam's engine could then use an algorithm to create an overall score. That, I think, would be the best method forward.

15. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 21, 2016, 22:56 Kxmode

Perhaps Activision wants to license Battle.net as a Networking engine within their network of companies, or beyond (e.g. Frostbite). It would make sense to call it "Blizzard tech" as the name implies a platform built on Blizzard's reputation, whereas Battle.net sounds more like a service.  

5. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 21, 2016, 19:46 Kxmode

Why not BlizzNet, or BlizzTech?
Why not BlizzStream and BlizzVoice?

News Comments > More Steam Review System Tweaks
2. Re: More Steam Review System Tweaks Sep 21, 2016, 12:43 Kxmode

Valve should give players the ability to rate the gameplay, graphics, audio, value and fun and then create an aggregate score for each. I would much rather have this type of rating system.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 23:15 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 22:05:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 19:03:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 17:48:
I'm really not getting why you think this would be turned into a witch hunt.

So who do you arrest? Those doing the deed, those directing the act, or those facilitating the practice through the corporate environment and "cross-sell" mantra? It is very easy to cast a wide net and arrest people en masse, and then only release those who are found innocent, but do remember that U.S. citizens are innocent until proven guilty. It is important that there be probable cause for an arrest. Otherwise, doing what you propose would eventually turn into a witch-hunt. Does this help clarify my point?

Point not clarified. What you're bringing up is a concern any time a crime is committed, big or small. I still don't understand why you think this would be any different.

The opposite is more of a concern, that nothing is done. Remember the subprime loan crisis? Remember how we treated that with kid gloves? Remember how many people went to jail? Almost no one, despite causing the collapse of the world economy and the loss of trillions of dollars.

To your first point, I understand it and agree. However "probable cause" as a law provides the legal basis for reasonable grounds for searching, pressing a charge, and so forth. If law enforcement authorities indiscriminately began arresting anyone at Wells Fargo because of their employment in proximity to the fraud, there's no "probable cause." This is called mass arrests (a.k.a. the witch-hunt I was talking about earlier), and according to the 1944 Commission on War Crimes, indiscriminate mass arrests are designated as war crimes (something the United States abides by).

In the U.S. mass arrests only occur in certain circumstances. For example, when more than 700 Occupy Wallstreet protestors participated in an unauthorized march across a busy bridge, that action caused all participants to be in violation of the city's laws. Further, the police did not arrest them immediately. They gave the protestors plenty of time and opportunity to stop what they were doing and only started mass arresting when they refused.

As for the 2008 meltdown, it is even harder to prosecute people because this event was not isolated to one person or bank but it was a systemic issue related to the entire financial sector. Who do you arrest? Those doing the deed, those directing the act, or those facilitating the practice through the corporate environment and "cross-sell" mantra? It's much more difficult to answer when the scale and scope was global in nature.

However, the strength of these for-profit banks is also their greatest weakness and our biggest weapon against them. If enough people stop doing business with these types of banks, like I have then, their profits will dry up. This forces them to do something drastic. Moreover, if enough of them fold, this forces the entire banking industry to change its ways. In other words money talks. So force them to listen to you with your wallet. It works for video game publishers.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 22:20 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 21:38:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 19:03:
It is important that there be probable cause for an arrest. Otherwise, doing what you propose would eventually turn into a witch-hunt. Does this help clarify my point?
Being the good guys really sucks sometimes. Although I am loath to agree, I'm afraid I must. There has already been some reporting of people who quit rather than participate in the program. But if you are a $12 an hour teller / customer service rep. would you be willing to buck management and lose what you probably consider a "good job"?

Oddly, they were also firing these people at a rate of 1,000 a year for five years. So it seems like there was a lot going on there and I suspect we have only heard a small portion of it.

Yes! And this problem is not isolated to Wells Fargo; although it appears to happen more often with them only because of their size. It's likely going on in some smaller form or fashion at Chase, Bank of America, and even banks in Europe and elsewhere in the world. Any bank that is a publically traded enterprise, by their very existence, is putting greed and shareholder interest ahead of their customers.

I've never been able to reconcile why I would ever want to put my money in a for-profit bank who's entire existence is to make a profit at my expense. It's like giving your hard-earned money to a drug addict for safe keeping. They can't help but abuse your trust over and over again and revert to their addiction. When they get caught it's the same old sob story, "I'm sorry! I'll never do it again." And yet, they keep doing it because they can't help it.

The last for-profit bank I was at was Washington Mutual. Today I bank at a credit union. Despite Wells tellers constantly trying to convince me why their checking accounts are better than those at my credit union, my typical response now is almost always going to be: "You may be right, but at least my Credit Union doesn't open up fake checking and credit card accounts to boost numbers to shareholders." I will be sure to say that loud enough so people in line behind me can hear. Eventually, they get the picture and stop pimping their garbage. If I didn't want a Wells Fargo checking account 11 years what makes them think I want one today?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 19:03 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 17:48:
I'm really not getting why you think this would be turned into a witch hunt.

Apparently there are blatant paper trails, given that these were financial transactions that had to be approved by the agents who forged the paperwork then benefitted from the crime.
Is it possible some might be swept up? Possibly, but that's the case with any crime, and the vast majority of the time those people are cleared.

So who do you arrest? Those doing the deed, those directing the act, or those facilitating the practice through the corporate environment and "cross-sell" mantra? It is very easy to cast a wide net and arrest people en masse, and then only release those who are found innocent, but do remember that U.S. citizens are innocent until proven guilty. It is important that there be probable cause for an arrest. Otherwise, doing what you propose would eventually turn into a witch-hunt. Does this help clarify my point?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 17:19 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 16:00:
Apparently, all 5000+ people came upon this idea on their own, according to Wells Fargo: "The way the incentive program was designed incidentally encouraged this illegal behavior." Each person should be held accountable for their actions, which means charged with identity theft and punished accordingly. That's up to 15 years in prison and 10s of 1000s in fines. All of them working for the same company does not excuse the illegal behavior. And it's not a witch hunt. That implies charging people that didn't commit the crime. Is it a massive undertaking requiring hundreds of people and many years? Yes, but letting them off will simply encourage the behavior again.

If it's discovered that upper management encouraged this illegal behavior in any way, then they should also be held accountable. The RICO statutes are often used for cases like that.

What you're describing is "Ignorantia juris non excusat". However, I am suggesting that it's very easy, in the interest of pursuing that Latin maxim, to turn this into a witch-hunt where using extreme measures in pursuit of justice results in swift convictions regardless of actual guilt or innocence. American history is rife with such examples.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 15:43 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 14:39:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 14:25:
If anyone is interested here's the video of the Senate's hearing of Wells Fargo's CEO John Stumpf regarding unauthorized opening of checking and credit card accounts.

All those people should be arrested for identity theft. And I bet this didn't just involve the bottom rank people. This requires a serious investigation.

But it won't, because white collar criminals rarely do time, even less so if they fund the campaigns of senators and congressmen.

It was identity theft, pure and simple. The problem is who do you arrest? When a single individual commits fraud it is much easier to arrest that person and charge them with the crime. However, when it is systemic corporate fraud, who precisely do you arrest without it turning into a witch hunt? So short of the CEO falling on his sword and letting himself be arrested it will be almost impossible to arrest a single person or a group of individuals.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 14:25 Kxmode

If anyone is interested here's the video of the Senate's hearing of Wells Fargo's CEO John Stumpf regarding unauthorized opening of checking and credit card accounts.

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
50. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 19, 2016, 19:15 Kxmode

Digital Homicide has responded to Valve's move to drop their entire catalog from Steam for hostile actions towards its customers. Popcorn  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
40. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 19, 2016, 19:00 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 06:35:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 03:15:
I don't think Valve is being nefarious as much as looking the other way.
"Oh! You cheated! This copy of the game is banned!" *wink-wink, nudge-nudge*

If they really wanted to put a stop to this crap instead of reaping tens of millions of dollars from repeat buyers that get banned multiple times, they could IP ban or MAC address ban people.
MAC addresses can be changed easily, permanent IP addresses not so easily, but its possible, too. Especially since most people have a dynamic one anyway, it could hit the wrong people.

In Section 3, Subsection A of the Steam Subscriber Agreement, Valve makes it abundantly clear that using any method to change an IP is grounds for account termination.

"You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, Valve may terminate your access to your Account."

11564 Comments. 579 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo