Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11453 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Aug 15, 2016, 14:11 Kxmode

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 09:33:
Personally I am already done with this game. Just an empty sandbox with limited things to do. A lot of hype for a half finished game.

I assume you haven't visited the Atlas yet? If you haven't then you have no idea there is an actual story in the game. You're only looking at the surface.

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 15, 2016, 09:33:
Waiting for Astroneer, a similar game that allows the construction of far more things and guess what it is multiplayer.

The very thing you left NMS for is coming soon.

"For instance, freighters and building bases *are* coming!"
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/what-do-you-do-in-no-mans-sky/

"Next up weíre adding the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters."
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
89. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 08:41 Kxmode

I'm still in system 2, but now I'm on another planet. This one has toxic rain! Check it out... rain hits my ship!

https://vid.me/MMPB

Never been more happy than I am right now listening to soothing sounds of deadly rain hitting my ship. Dance

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

87. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 14, 2016, 02:56 Kxmode

nin wrote on Aug 14, 2016, 02:18:
I've not left the first system, either. I'm sure I've overdone it, but it's fun, so...

I somehow walked inside a cave that went on forever. Some of these procedurally generated caves are absolute mazes. When I finally found an exit I was about 5-minutes away from my ship. So I decided to keep pressing forward. So far I've learned 83 words, and I have traveled 62,796 units enough to earn the "Wanderer" milestone. But the best news is that I now have 16 ExoSuit slots! http://screencast.com/t/8tbpEjXCwan

Thanks, nin for the shelter suggestion!

Hey, question. I know 48 is the max ExoSuit slots. If I come across drop pods will can I keep buying slots?

82. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:58 Kxmode

If anyone's lost here are a collection of guides I've found that have been helpful for me.

+ This will help guide your story progression through the early stages.

Beyond that here's more information and guides.

+ No Manís Sky: everything you need to know before playing
+ NMS Info Respository

Solutions to In-Games Puzzles

+ Terminal Access codes, because you will encounter them
+ Monolith Riddles for Vy'keen, Gek and Korvax
+ Vy'keen "//Hulon // warp // Otand" puzzle

And travelling from system to system requires a hyperdrive, which is powered by Warp Cells. An ingredient in all Warp Cells is Anti-Matter. These guides will help you with Warp Cells and Anti-Matter.

+ How to get Warp Cells and Anti-matter
+ How to get Antimatter
+ Where is the Anti-Matter formula located?
+ Forum posting: I need to find the actual Antimatter recipe

81. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:53 Kxmode

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 23:50:
Use the orange beams on planets to "locate shelter". I got 3 suit upgrades for space on my first planet alone.

Thanks, nin. That's most helpful. I've been wasting that beam on Monoliths as I would like to learn the alien language. I guess having more inventory slots is slightly more important.

79. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:39 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 21:58:
But the FOV is BRUTAL. they have a slider in the options, but their "100" feels like 60, and their 60 feels like 20. it's nauseating, I can't play this without an ini tweak. I pushed my monitor back as far as my desk will allow, and lean back in my chair as much as i can, and i'm still about to puke just doing a 180 turn...

You can go above 100 by changing the following in the TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML file.

<Property name="FoVOnFoot" value="100.000000" />
<Property name="FoVInShip" value="100.000000" />

I've set FoVOnFoot to 165. I think it looks ridiculous but you might like that.

I'm not sure where this file is located in GOG Galaxy, but in Steam you can find it in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\No Man's Sky\Binaries\SETTINGS

77. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 23:28 Kxmode

I think it's safe to say that for many the hype train derailed and crashed into a school full of children. The response from many has been, shall we say, unhinged.

While I haven't experienced any game breaking problems, only a fool would say they don't exist. The only glaring problem I've had are the jagged edges even with full anti-alias, and SSAAx4 turned on. I believe the lighting on objects not properly distance scaling is the culprit. Here's what I mean.

My specs:
* Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
* Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs)
* 16 GB RAM
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
* Graphics Settings

Anyhow, I am genuinely having a lot of fun. I finally figured out what NMS is. It's the sci-fi version of The Oregon Trail. The center of the Universe is "Oregon". Your starting system is "the city of Independence". Hoping I don't die of dysentery ("toxic rain") along the way.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2016, 23:07 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 22:19:
RIP Kenny. You made R2D2 awesome.

News Comments > PC DOOM Sells 1M
23. Re: PC DOOM Sells 1M Aug 10, 2016, 14:34 Kxmode

PC gaming is dead.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players
31. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 6, 2016, 00:31 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 23:03:
Good luck with the 'blading!

Thanks!

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 5, 2016, 21:46 Kxmode

I'm not going to lie. This minor delay is very disappointing, and entirely out of left field. But my preorder is still intact. So I guess I'll wait until next Friday to play.

...And procedural life goes on.

29. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 21:42 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 17:24:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:39:
Redmask wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 08:31:
But seriously, what did you expect from two of the worst astro turfers on this board? An open mind and logical reasoning? It's all about the attention and outbursts. Every video game is the best or worst thing ever. Every minor situation requires a soapbox. Disagreements are personal vendettas. You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that.

I have never attacked anyone personally as you did with this post. The reason? This site's basic ground rules. It establishes basic decorum and etiquette when conversating with others. Unfortunately, those rules have been broken more than a few times in replies directed towards me. This site should maintain its high standards and never tolerate people calling others "mentally unstable." It is a form of "griefing" and an "attack of a personal nature".

Do you feel hurt in any way or that you may possibly be 'triggered' if this keeps up? Griefing, no matter how small (including the exploitation of a "perfect jab opportunity" towards others for misspelling words), is strictly against the rules. Online bullying is the #1 cause of rollerblading, after all. Don't be that guy.

There's a HUGE difference between:

"Pro-tip. The next time you decide to call someone a brainiac, have the decency to spell it correctly. "

and

"You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that."
"I get it now, you're a wealthy twit that hates poor people. Another hypocritical christian, you're proof that's one messed up cult."

But I have to admit I've have had a strong urge to take up rollerblading in the past few days. I'm trying not to be that guy. *shivers*

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2016, 21:50.

News Comments > Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free
11. Re: Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free Aug 5, 2016, 15:31 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 09:25:
Seems like KXmode really means he's got NO willpower.

Your pretzel-twisting logic staggers the mind.

27. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 15:15 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 15:04:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 03:06:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 02:45:
Was never into the original Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablos. Played WoW for the launch month in 2004. Haven't played a single Blizzard game from then until Overwatch. Love Overwatch, definitely one of the greatest MP FPS in a long time.

What does this make me to you two braniacs?
Claiming/implying fanboyism for the success of a game you haven't even tried.

Pro-tip. The next time you decide to call someone a brainiac, have the decency to spell it correctly.

You know, sometime I will purposely misspell certain words just to see who the grammar Nazis are. I guess you just passed the test.

Considering you didn't write the original post and also considering Sepharo wasn't inducing a grammar nazi "trap" (which, is just petty if you actually do that), it was a perfect jab opportunity, given the word used.

23. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 13:51 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:09:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 03:06:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 01:21:
Darks wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 00:32:
I feel the same way, but try telling that to the 15 million other idiots who drank Blizzs Cool aid.

I guess 10-15 years ago we were the idiots who drank Blizz's Kool-Aid.

The obvious implication being that people who enjoy Overwatch are now the idiots who drink Blizzard Kool-Aid.

Can't believe you actually took that post seriously. The smiley should have made that point crystal clear.

22. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 13:39 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 08:31:
But seriously, what did you expect from two of the worst astro turfers on this board? An open mind and logical reasoning? It's all about the attention and outbursts. Every video game is the best or worst thing ever. Every minor situation requires a soapbox. Disagreements are personal vendettas. You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that.

I have never attacked anyone personally as you did with this post. The reason? This site's basic ground rules. It establishes basic decorum and etiquette when conversating with others. Unfortunately, those rules have been broken more than a few times in replies directed towards me. This site should maintain its high standards and never tolerate people calling others "mentally unstable." It is a form of "griefing" and an "attack of a personal nature".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2016, 04:00 Kxmode

"Four for fore" sounds like one of the most complicated short statements, especially if the conditions for all three words aren't met. For example, if you say that at a restaurant, or you say that at a golf club with two friends. This boggles my mind at 1AM on a Friday. I need to go to bed. Toodles.

Coffee

9. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 03:06 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 02:45:
Was never into the original Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablos. Played WoW for the launch month in 2004. Haven't played a single Blizzard game from then until Overwatch. Love Overwatch, definitely one of the greatest MP FPS in a long time.

What does this make me to you two braniacs?
Claiming/implying fanboyism for the success of a game you haven't even tried.

Uh... well, seeing as how I was talking about my taste in games I don't know how you can confuse "I guess what I'm saying is Blizzard no longer makes games that appeal to me" to mean you.

Pro-tip. The next time you decide to call someone a brainiac, have the decency to spell it correctly.

7. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 01:21 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 00:32:
I feel the same way, but try telling that to the 15 million other idiots who drank Blizzs Cool aid.

I guess 10-15 years ago we were the idiots who drank Blizz's Kool-Aid.

In the immortal words of Spock, "Is it possible ...that we two, you and I, have grown so old and so inflexible ...that we have outlived our usefulness? ...Would that constitute a joke?"

News Comments > Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free
5. Re: Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free Aug 5, 2016, 01:17 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 23:50:
So you weren't at the very least curious to try it out yourself?

Of course I curious about it, but I see no need to try it out. I have the money but I have no plans on buying one. The challenge is I'm committed to finishing my 6-months of living expenses (I have four now), then paying off my mortgage as soon as possible. Not having any debt is more important to me than a VR device. It's a distraction that only weakens my will-power to stick to my goals.

11453 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo