Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13852 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
80. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 15:56 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 15:53:
dsmart wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 12:19:
For the record, since 2015, I have WARNED that this is where things would be headed once it became clear that they could NEVER ship the games promised.
Yet all of the content shown so far is far in excess of what was originally promised. You're just jealous that it's better than the utter SHITE that you put out.

Let them fight. Popcorn

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

78. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 15:55 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 14:23:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 00:59:

By the way, mathematically, 98% isn't half-baked.

Neither is a steak dinner upon which a bird has shat. Doesn't make me want to eat it just because it's fully cooked.

98% isn't that. 98% is a medium rare steak dinner without the bottle of A1 steak sauce.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

76. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 15:50 Kxmode

LOUD NOISES  

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Jul 16, 2018, 15:41 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 15:37:
Children will be complete morons. Sigh.

Don't confuse inexperience and innocence with idiocy.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Jul 16, 2018, 15:35 Kxmode

Disturbing details about Blue Whale's "gameplay."

"In the Blue Whale game or Blue Whale Challenge, a group of administrators or a certain curator gives a participant a task to complete daily — for a period of 50 days — the final resulting in committing suicide. The participants are expected to share photos of the challenges/tasks completed by them. Each task also needs to be photographed or videotaped, so the administrators have proof of completion and authenticity, including the final suicide."

"The curator selects teens through on personal chat and are asked repeatedly if they are sure they want to begin the game and are warned that the only way they win is by dying. If the player persists, then the challenges begin. Once the game begins and if the participant is hesitant, the curators 'threaten' to kill these kids' loved ones by making them believe they have details of their friends and families and force them into continuing the game. Then, as the kids go further, these curators obtain pictures and secrets which they can use to their benefit."

OMG!

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: How ‘Fortnite’ Became the Most Popular Video Game on Earth… Jul 16, 2018, 01:18 Kxmode

rawbelly wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 21:57:
Nah. Pac-Man.

Agree! Pac-man came up in many of the "most popular video games" lists I reviewed. Though I will admit they were kind of old, so they may not take into account Fortnite's current popularity.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 16, 2018, 01:16 Kxmode

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 01:03:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:22:
born2expire wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 15:36:
Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale is at #2! its coming for PUBG!

Don't you mean Fortnite? I'm pretty sure Fortnite destroyed PUBG.

If you likes spam building and your about 12 years old...then Fortnite is for you sir...

I'm not talking about gameplay versus gameplay. I'm talking about the number of people playing or watching Fortnite versus PUBG. Case in point, on Twitch there are 251,757 viewers for FN versus 17,161 viewers for PUBG (at the time of this writing). Why would I mean anything other than viewership and player numbers?

I swear... the comprehension of individuals on this site is staggeringly bad at times.

58. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 01:04 Kxmode

Kosumo wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:57:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:14:
wrlwnd wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:03:
Seeing as how the backers of this "project" are some of the dumbest tools to ever walk the face of the Earth, I won't shed a tear if they don't get a dime back.

So many gullible idiots.

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain, it's almost impossible to eradicate."

Star Citizen is an idea, and for millions now something they are willing to invest money in. You call them "gullible idiots." So I ask you, have you ever given money to an idea that later turned out to be a foolish decision? The question is rhetorical. In other words, something to think about before you cast aspersions on others.

Day One, Chris Roberts asking you for money ……..

You are an idiot for ever thinking that Chris Roberts was ever capably of making good on those words.

Chris Roberts Lies.

Heaps of evidence before this kickstarter to show what was going to happen.

Hindsight is 20/20. I do hope you understand what that means because I'm not going to explain how utterly wrong your assessment is.

57. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 00:59 Kxmode

Luke wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 00:04:
Throw a Hail Mary pass to get the game to like 98% completion and then finish up the remaining 2% post-launch with patches and bug fixes in a DLC.

Annnd that's the problem of today's game development : halfbaked games costing the full price ....gezz to say that's okay is.......

2% is normal. Do you expect to be able to defeat the main villain of a WOW expansion at launch? No. Of course not. That happens several patches and updates later. So it's either that or let Chris continue on his current trajectory. I'm pretty sure most would choose the Hail Mary 98% delivery.

By the way, mathematically, 98% isn't half-baked.

50. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 23:27 Kxmode

I feel like the crowdfunding aspect of Star Citizen would make for a great Black Mirror episode. In Black Mirror's signature bleak tales of technology gone awry, amplify the story to national or global propositions.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2018, 23:22 Kxmode

born2expire wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 15:36:
Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale is at #2! its coming for PUBG!

Don't you mean Fortnite? I'm pretty sure Fortnite destroyed PUBG.

49. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 23:14 Kxmode

wrlwnd wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 23:03:
Seeing as how the backers of this "project" are some of the dumbest tools to ever walk the face of the Earth, I won't shed a tear if they don't get a dime back.

So many gullible idiots.

"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain, it's almost impossible to eradicate."

Star Citizen is an idea, and for millions now something they are willing to invest money in. You call them "gullible idiots." So I ask you, have you ever given money to an idea that later turned out to be a foolish decision? The question is rhetorical. In other words, something to think about before you cast aspersions on others.

47. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 22:57 Kxmode

Nucas wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 22:43:
i just want someone to release a competent single player campaign space sim. someone give me this

Check out Everspace. I think you'll enjoy that.

43. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 22:48 Kxmode

Derek writes:
First, in case you missed it yesterday, Chris and Sandi Roberts, for the second time in two weeks, again shamelessly used their very young kids to help promote their on-going scam.

I don't believe Chris and Sandi are intentionally trying to scam people. But I do think that Chris is creating lag on the project that is preventing it from reaching a state where game delivery can happen in a year or so. There's a fine line between perfection and insanity. I think the best move for Chris now is to do what CD Projekt Red did and up staff and contractors to a 1,000 folks (they did that on Witcher 3). Throw a Hail Mary pass to get the game to like 98% completion and then finish up the remaining 2% post-launch with patches and bug fixes in a DLC. Also, I think they should open a studio in Warsaw and start hiring a ton of people there. It costs significantly less to hire a Polish developer than in Germany, the UK, the US and so forth.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: How ‘Fortnite’ Became the Most Popular Video Game on Earth… Jul 15, 2018, 21:32 Kxmode

I guess.  

39. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 21:22 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 20:55:
Slick wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 20:48:
Damn dude, you spent $930 USD on this game?
It's not something a "normal" person would brag about.

This thread is called "Star Citizen Refund Refusals." My comment isn't about the $930 that I spent on Star Citizen. It's about getting a full refund. The second link to Polygon should have made that point clear. And I'm not bragging about either. IOW, a fundamental lack of comprehension on your part related to my post.

36. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 20:50 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 20:48:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 20:09:
Sometimes being one of the first to something does have its advantages.

Damn dude, you spent $930 USD on this game?

I kind of assumed it was common knowledge on this site, but yes. I'm also one of the few to get it all back thanks to Sandi Gardiner. So, yay me!

The interview with the Polygon reporter was interesting.

33. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 20:09 Kxmode

Sometimes being one of the first to something does have its advantages.  

News Comments > James Ohlen Departs BioWare
13. Re: James Ohlen Departs BioWare Jul 15, 2018, 01:11 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 21:11:
But also Edmonton that made the ME3 ending

Rats! Hmmm....

News Comments > Overwatch League on ESPN
22. Re: Overwatch League on ESPN Jul 14, 2018, 17:02 Kxmode

Jivaro wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 01:35:
I am not sure I understand KX, perhaps you should try explaining it again and see if saying the same thing over again a different way (again) somehow makes me see this as anything other than a ridiculous fixation on something that literally couldn't matter less. /s

The X-Games are sports, the E-Sports are games...get over it.

This is why we have more than two genders. The definition of words are arbitrary. Who cares what the dictionary defines something as!

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2018, 21:33.

13852 Comments. 693 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo