Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13583 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New BioShock Rumored
15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2018, 05:24 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2018, 03:34:
Bioshock Intimate

I would prefer Bioshock Fallout. As the name implies, a unique setting in a metropolis wasteland loaded with unique nuclear-powered power-ups that can only be used for brief periods of time due to radiation poisoning. Gameplay wise, exposure to too much radiation poisoning will kill. As a medical doctor, you use your vast knowledge of medicines to keep yourself healthy, but the drugs you find aren't perfect, and they can scar in numerous ways including making you a mindless, organic automaton. You can risk splicing medicines together to create more potent medications, but at a potential cost. However, nuke power-ups are required to get through the wasteland and survive, so there's always a balance between staying POWERFUL and being WEAK and between LIFE through strength and survival and DEATH from sickness and hostiles.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2018, 23:22.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Sea of Thieves Content Next Month
3. Re: New Sea of Thieves Content Next Month Apr 14, 2018, 05:06 Kxmode

I always thought content is more important than game play. So is the game play at least fun?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > British Academy Games Awards Winners
3. Re: British Academy Games Awards Winners Apr 14, 2018, 04:51 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 09:49:
I don't understand how WRoEF got best game...

It's best not to understand why. Judges are usually crazy.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend
7. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Apr 14, 2018, 04:45 Kxmode

For just $80 you too can save the Space Whales.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2018, 22:31 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 08:55:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 01:30:
Radical Heights is the #1 game on Twitch. I give up. People are sheep.

Sea of Thieves was #1 on Twitch for its launch then banished out of the top 10 after less than week. The streamers like to showcase new games to keep people interested but usually go back to the tried and true.

Fortnite is the tried and true? Crazy. I don't get the Twitch / game streaming culture.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2018, 21:54 Kxmode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=185lXgulqDs Enjoy! Keep the lights on tonight.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2018, 15:01 Kxmode

Night owls have a 10% increase in mortality risk, study says.

Likely related to driving the next day. Serious sleep deprivation has the same effect as driving under the influence.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 01:30 Kxmode

Radical Heights is the #1 game on Twitch. I give up. People are sheep.  

News Comments > Radical Heights Launched
11. Re: Game Reviews Apr 10, 2018, 17:15 Kxmode

peteham wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 16:38:
Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 15:45:
If you think you can make something, do more work towards making it before showing it off. Blah blah, only one chance to make a first impression. How many games pick up steam later on in life, especially after a mediocre-or-worse launch? Fortnite, by completely changing what the game was (to the point that the title no longer makes sense), and... uh...?
With Lawbreakers failing the way it did, I'd guess this move is forced by their financial situation. Either release now and hope for some income or investor interest, or run out of cash for payroll in a few months anyway, having released nothing. I really can't see this doing well in any state though. At a superficial level, it's too similar to the pre-existing juggernaut of Fortnite. Much like the next big MOBA-situation of yesteryear.

For the sake of those hard-working developers, I hope it does well. Unemployment sucks.

10. Re: Radical Heights Launched Apr 10, 2018, 17:13 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 16:29:
Currently #65 in total players online, right alongside H1Z1 and Clicker Heroes... Not a strong showing for a F2P launch.

On Twitch it's #4 with 77,293 viewers.

News Comments > Myst 25th Anniversary Collection Kickstarter
9. Re: Myst 25th Anniversary Collection Kickstarter Apr 10, 2018, 16:15 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 13:03:
Task wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 12:43:
That inkwell is actually pretty cool.
4 Brick Oven Pizza's cool? ($80 inkwell) Never met a kickstarter I didn't like.

Confucius say, "One man's Inkwell, is another man's 4-Brick Pizza Oven."

8. Re: Myst 25th Anniversary Collection Kickstarter Apr 10, 2018, 16:12 Kxmode

Luke wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 14:15:
Annnd yet another so called "developer of games" bends over getting ready for all the "Backers" to give him a shot........of money

And some gave him what he asked for .....i see

Pay attention dog. You're lagging behind.

7. Re: Myst 25th Anniversary Collection Kickstarter Apr 10, 2018, 16:10 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 13:47:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:57:
I backed at the $250 level.
Were all the $1,000 slots were already gone?

Yeah. Those $1K slots were gone in under eight hours.

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 13:47:
As I mentioned in a previous topic I played the original but never got far. At the time it was a cool idea. I might even be interested in this, at a reasonable price point, if they make it Win7 compatible.

It's a certainty a complete edition will appear on Steam and GOG for $49.99 when ready (that's the going price on Kickstarter). For me, I'm backing primarily for the extremely limited tangible items plus the physical DVD. Haven't bought a physical PC game box in ages.

6. Re: Radical Heights Launched Apr 10, 2018, 15:58 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 15:17:
And everyone involved on this thought 'Yeah, this is gonna' be fucking radical, bro!'? Wow. Just wow.

However, never underestimate the negativity and cynicism among gamers. A game like this, even if it were good, would likely suffer the same response. The wounds are still fresh from LB. It's the game equivalent of a parent beating their child (shut down LB) and then two days later throwing a party (Rad Heights announcement and launch). Parent, "Oh, I didn't hit you hard! Hey, have some cake! It's rad."

2. Re: Radical Heights Launched Apr 10, 2018, 15:08 Kxmode

"Mostly Negative" Bogus!  

2. Re: Myst 25th Anniversary Collection Kickstarter Apr 10, 2018, 11:57 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 10:56:
I'm guessing they're doing this to see if there's any actual interest in this because they sure as hell can easily afford to do this themselves. I always thought it was a terrible game and terribly overrated.

No. There's already interest. Backers blew past Cyan's target goal in eight hours. Rand Miller opined about it.

Why is this significant? If you visit Steam, it's missing more a few of the Myst games. For example, Myst 3 is published by UbiSoft, and they don't sell it. Cyan talked to all the right people, including UbiSoft, and worked out a plan to not only get all the games but also update them for modern Windows. The purpose of the Kickstarter is to provide Cyan with a guaranteed pool of funds (Kickstarter works on an All-Or-Nothing funding model) to produce those physical exclusives. They stated they're costly to produce.

In full disclosure, I backed at the $250 level. As a Myst fan, the LCD Myst book and Gehn Pen and Inkwell look too amazing a collectible to pass up. You guys know how I feel about crowdfunding, but I think here it's fine. Cyan has a very specific objective and they reached 100% funding, plus they have an excellent track record of delivering.

News Comments > Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights
16. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 10, 2018, 03:07 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 23:53:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:14:
These poor guys. Always a day late and a dollar short.

I am not liking that aesthetic. No one is nostalgic for the 80s, so if you're going to use that setting, you'd better do a fantastic job, a la Stranger Things.

There are also 2 different types of nostalgia, and Stranger Things has very little to do with the 80ies aside from aesthetics Speech and behavior are modern. It's the best of 2 worlds imo. Kids in the 80ies talking like kids from the 80ies would have been completely alien to a modern audience.

Bummer. It seems like minimal effort. "This is a five month passion project for the studio as we're creating and publishing the game entirely by ourselves." 5-months and it's early access. I'm out...

7. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 9, 2018, 21:29 Kxmode

Overon wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 21:11:
Smacks of desperation. However has cliffy b done things that have earned him so much ire?

Likely not as bad as John Romero but there's a personality surrounding Mr. "CliffyB" Bleszinski that is not unlike the WWE characters who "smack-talk." He did it for years while at Epic on their game engine and his Gear of Wars titles.

5. Re: Boss Key Strives for Radical Heights Apr 9, 2018, 20:38 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 20:25:
People are nostalgic for the 80s all the time.

^ This. Works in Ready Player One and Stranger Things. Not here.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2018 Tix on Sale Tonight
5. Re: BlizzCon 2018 Tix on Sale Tonight Apr 9, 2018, 20:17 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 19:54:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 19:19:
I'd rather play than watch someone else play.
So, you never watch any sports then?

I don't watch sports either (with the rare exception of the Super Bowl).

13583 Comments. 680 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo