Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11387 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 2
3. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 2 Jun 18, 2016, 02:57 Kxmode

Dev wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 12:50:
LOL headlines are all over the map

Euphoric NOT to see "Mass Shooting Ends E3." Don't want to see that barbaric nonsense.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 2
2. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 2 Jun 18, 2016, 02:54 Kxmode

This year's E3 has been strange. Cool was on display in full force but there was also more than a few head scratchers.

The biggest has to be "Death Stranding". It was intriguing but extremely vague. As much as I tried to like "Breath of the Wild" I couldn't get past its 2007 graphics. It's like Nintendo is trying to update the graphics to Skyrim but keep the cel shading, so it feels like a Zelda game. Unfortunately, the combination just looks weird. "Mass Effect Andromeda" was cryptic and told me nothing about the game. "For Honor's" premise, with Warriors fighting over a little spring for the next 1,000 years, was ridiculous. My reaction: "they could try sharing it." From a technical perspective the cinematic for "Watch Dogs 2" was impressive but it didn't show the game. "World of Final Fantasy" was embarrassing. The EA Star Wars fluff piece was awful. None of the games they're working on has me interested. The only Star Wars game I was looking forward to was 1313, but there's no word on its status. "Forza Horizon 3" remained the only game that impressed me. The trailer had it all: great graphics, solid looking physics, off-roading, and a great Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" cover. Unfortunately realizing it is a Xbox exclusive made me sad. Sorry Microsoft, but I'm not going to buy a Xbox One to play games on my computer.

So as long as my decisions don't involve red, green, and blue then, maybe Mass Effect Andromeda will become the sleeper hit this year.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
89. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 18, 2016, 02:13 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 19:20:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 18:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 15:42:
Congratulating someone for spending a thousand dollars and wanting it back. Got it. I came to my senses and understand the concept now. Your right it was not that difficult, thanks for helping me through this senseless period of my life.
Not so obvious to some, apparently. Congratulations on getting it wrong, again. I was not congratulating him for spending a thousand dollars and wanting it back. I was congratulating him for regaining his common sense, which if had been in place previously, would have prevented him from spending $1,000.
Once again your right it was not that difficult, thanks for helping me through this senseless period of my life.

You two have engaged in dangerous levels of crazy talk.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: etc., etc. Jun 18, 2016, 02:10 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 14:59:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:30:
People also say Jaws is MUCH better than the book by Peter Benchley.
Jaws the novel is not about the shark. It's about the people and their relationships. I don't know if I could say it was better, but it is definitely entirely different from the film.

Why do you feel compelled to correct something that didn't need rectification in the first place? I am obviously referring to "Jaws" the FILM, not "Jaws" the shark.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2016, 02:16.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2016, 14:14 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:21:
It causes cancer. It causes no cancer! Eggs are good for you! Eggs are bad for you! No, they're good!, No, now they're bad again! No, good again. No, bad! Beer is bad. No, a glass of beer is good! Wine is good! No, it's bad! No, it's good!

Health "science" at work.

Published scientific findings mean more funding for research. So the proper thing to write is "Health Findings for Funding."

News Comments > Overwatch Roadmap
6. Re: Overwatch Roadmap Jun 15, 2016, 22:55 Kxmode

thecakeisalie wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 21:28:
Game shipped before it was finished and the netcode/server prediction and matchmaking are horrible.

Are you referring to this problem?

67. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 15, 2016, 22:49 Kxmode

What an absolute mess. Glad I got my $930 back.  

13. Re: etc., etc. Jun 15, 2016, 22:30 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 19:18:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 17:19:
As they say "the book is better than the movie".
The lone exception I am aware of is The Destroyer movie, i.e., "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" I only read the first couple of books after seeing the movie. Later I talked with someone who had read them all and agreed the books were lousy.

People also say Jaws is MUCH better than the book by Peter Benchley.

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
26. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 22:24 Kxmode

They could have about 10 million WOW subscribers if they make vanilla progression servers available.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 15, 2016, 22:19 Kxmode

ISPs are going to have a huge problem. The FCC's recently concluded "Lifeline Internet" pilot program was designed to make high-speed Internet available for $9.25 a month in all fifty states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia (More information). This action makes the Internet a public utility. ISPs cannot apply "net neutrality" rules to public utilities. In fact, whenever they tried in the past to become monopolies the government would step in and force them to break up; even if they were publically traded companies. Remember Pacific Bell's breakup in the 80's? I think this should happen to ISPs. Too many of them have become enormous regional monopolies.

TL;DR "In March of 2016, the FCC modernized Lifeline for advanced services by beginning a transition toward support of broadband service." The Internet is a public utility like sewer, water, heat, and electricity.

54. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2016, 14:41 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 22:21:
Yeah, you just keep mollycoddling the Muslims and see where that gets you. And all Blue's censorship in the world won't change that. You guys just keep rationalizing away as the bodies pile up and the blood spills on the street. Not every muslim is a terrorist but they are extremists. Apostasy? Death. Homosexuality? Death. Women rights? Death. Give your fucking heads a shake.

I encourage you to watch The Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" and the Star Trek: Next Generation episode "The Drumhead". Hopefully you get the point of the episodes.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
17. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 14:36 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:42:
So....

When is Obsidian going to make another Fallout game?

When Patrick Stewart close shuts the jaws of Oblivion.

11. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2016, 17:19 Kxmode

Task wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 10:47:
nin wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 15:22:
Just ot back from warcrack, I thought it was decent. Very much a movie made for the fans...if you liked the series, I'd be a little surprised if you didn't like the movie.

I heard the story is based on actual Warcraft, the story that was first told in the RTS games and not WoW? That's pretty cool if so and makes me want to see it more (really hate wow and like the story from the originals). I've read other sites where people complain that it's not a "wow" story which makes me laugh. They actually think "wow" is the start of it.

Liberties were taken with the source material and lore, but the vast majority of the film is the based on Jeff Grubb's Warcraft: The Last Guardian. As they say "the book is better than the movie".

18. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 19:13 Kxmode

Miracle Max: Have fun stormin' da castle.
Valerie: Think it'll work?
Miracle Max: It would take a miracle.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2016, 16:36 Kxmode

Really enjoyed the Warcraft film but I understand why people would complain about it. The film desperately needs a 10 minute prologue, like the one that appeared in Fellowship of the Ring.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2016, 22:02 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 20:05:
Brian Fanelli wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 15:15:
Might want to check for any red bulls eyes on your body and perhaps get a test for Lyme Disease. Your symptoms are typical and you can never be too careful in this part of the country. Good luck!

That seems like a very relevant point. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow.

It might be a toomah.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 2, 2016, 22:12 Kxmode

Still waiting for Neuromancer and Rendezvous With Rama to be made into films.  

News Comments > Starbreeze Acquires Cinemaware Catalog
14. Re: Starbreeze Acquires Cinemaware Catalog Jun 1, 2016, 11:10 Kxmode

Oh wow! I remember playing TV Sports: Football on my TurboGrafx-16, back when I was a console gamer.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2016, 15:16 Kxmode

Thanks Frans for smashing those server bugs! Smash  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed
5. Re: No Man's Sky Delay Confirmed May 28, 2016, 15:05 Kxmode

This announcement was made on the Playstation site for Playstation customers, and where the PS4 is available for sale the release date has changed to 8/9. The release date for the PC version on Steam and other sites has not changed. It's still showing June 21.

TL;DR PC Master Race

11387 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo