Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11892 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea
5. Re: 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea Jan 13, 2017, 11:26 Kxmode

Is it appropriate to say K/O-rea?

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
49. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 12:53 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 04:31:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 03:26:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 00:45:
Please. Let. Windows 10. Die.

The only thing I hate is their draconian update. This thread is a perfect reason why. Besides that, I think Windows 10 is one of Microsoft's best operating systems to date. I've only experienced one BSOD, and that was because my RAM blew up.
So... Windows 10 killed your RAM?

The plot thickens!

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

27. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 03:26 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 00:45:
Please. Let. Windows 10. Die.

The only thing I hate is their draconian update. This thread is a perfect reason why. Besides that, I think Windows 10 is one of Microsoft's best operating systems to date. I've only experienced one BSOD, and that was because my RAM blew up.

6. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 11, 2017, 19:58 Kxmode

I think this is only slightly worse than the NMS marketing debacle.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2017, 16:18 Kxmode

I don't celebrate birthdays but I wanted to say "Thank you Ant!" for your many years of contributions. You da Ant!

News Comments > PC Brut@l Next Month
5. Re: PC Brut@l Next Month Jan 10, 2017, 02:07 Kxmode

Krodge wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 23:37:
Brutatl

The @ makes it edgy!ô

News Comments > No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass
38. Re: No Mass Effect: Andromeda Season Pass Jan 9, 2017, 14:48 Kxmode

Is it too late to get in on this thread's action? Beatnik

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content
6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Free Content Jan 6, 2017, 22:51 Kxmode

Sad day when free DLC content gets a headline. Remember when that stuff was free by default.

News Comments > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Pulled
6. Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan Pulled Jan 6, 2017, 22:48 Kxmode

nin wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 19:54:
It's activision! They're "remaster" it (ie do nothing) and rerelease it for what ever future movie in a few years...at full price!

If it was Bethesda it would be "reimagined" as a FPS with guns.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 12:16 Kxmode

I'm on PTO today and I'm totally channeling my inner Kevin McCallister. "I'm eating ice cream and playing video games! You better come out and stop me!"  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2017, 06:48 Kxmode

Being a shareholder of Activision Blizzard affords me the ability to see what's going on with the company in real time. This Form 4 filing by Mike Morhaime appeared on January 4th. According to the report, it looks like Mike exercised his option to dispose of 31,879 shares of ATVI for $139,999 and another disposal of 34,787 shares of ATVI for $178,878 for a combined cashout of $318,877. I wonder if he's getting ready to retire from Blizzard, like many of his colleagues have.

Note the Transaction Codes. According to the SEC:

F - Payment of exercise price or tax liability using portion of securities received from the company
G - Gift of securities by or to the insider

----

More news and information from Dow Jones:

Cowen Sees Hard Road Ahead for Activision -- Market Talk
ó 1:31 PM ET 01/04/2017

Cowen now thinks Activision Blizzard's ( ATVI ) latest "Call of Duty" video game has sold even fewer units than it originally projected, even though the shooter was November's top-selling title in the US, according to NPD. Also, Cowen no longer assumes ATVI's Blizzard unit will release a new game in FY17 due to a lack of announcements at its annual fan convention in November or since then. "While the stock is likely to confront an earnings overhang in the immediate term, we think a better outlook for FY18 will eventually get shares moving higher again," Cowen says. It cuts its FY17 EPS estimate for ATVI by 16% to $1.82. ATVI gains 1.1% to $37.05; shares are down more than 15% since the company reported earnings Nov. 3.

Not sure what but it's like Mike is retiring, or he is selling his shares before the stock tumbles further. I've seen ATVI get hit hard in recent weeks and months. I bought my position at $44.92 and since has seen it dropped 15.54% to $37.94. Unacceptable!

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2017, 07:01.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 04:23 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 04:16:
One of the many things that makes the original trilogy so superior to new crap like TFA

I think having a strong female soon-to-be Jedi protagonist was a superior move.

News Comments > Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties
21. Re: Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties Jan 4, 2017, 01:00 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 22:52:
The NES did it, though, emerging from the dust of a bunch of fallen competitors. The Atari did it amidst those competitors. Which is good and all, but it did contribute to the crash of 83 (which was caused by a lot more than just "bad games.")

Absolutely. I think it's time for another video game crash. There's too much garbage now. Too much clutter of low-quality, broken titles that are exacerbated by incomplete games thanks in part to season passes, which cost nearly as much as the game itself. In other words, publishers don't take their video game consumers seriously. We're just cows they can financially milk.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 21:56 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 16:56:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 15:53:
Assassin's Creed Humble Bundle. 9 games. 15 bucks.
https://www.humblebundle.com/assassins-creed-bundle

IMHO, a great deal.

I wonder if it's an apology for the crappy AssCreed movie.

I don't know. Haven't seen it; don't care.

18. Re: Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties Jan 3, 2017, 21:52 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:40:
Though true that they were in the back half, it was still more competition than anything today. And they're all considered the second generation of video games, along with the Fairchild, which came out a year prior, and the Odyssey, which was a year after.

The NES released to no competition. Those systems were all off shelves by then.

And, today, systems compete with two other products. The 2600 competed with at least 3.

I'm not referring to the original launch NES, I'm referring to the 4th generation days when Nintendo was the dominant console. That was when Commodore CDTV, Neo Geo, Philips CD-i, Genesis, Super NES, and TurboGrafx-16 were all competing for my gaming dollars. That's what I meant by "I remember when Atari was the Nintendo of gaming." There was competition in early 80's, but Atari dominated the market.

Hope this clarifies what I meant.

11. Re: Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties Jan 3, 2017, 17:11 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:00:
Those didn't come till later, originally you had Atari 2600 and a Sears knockoff clone call tele-games.

1977 - 1982 Atari 2600
1980 - 1984 Intellivision
1982 - 1994 Commodore
1982 - 1985 ColecoVision

You're right in the sense that Commodore and ColecoVision appeared towards the end of Atari's life cycle (although they still competed). However, Intellivision was a strong competitor due to the two years it directly competed with the Atari 2600. There were tv commercials from Intellivision showing how superior the Intellivision was to the Atari 2600; which was evident.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2017, 15:53 Kxmode

Assassin's Creed Humble Bundle. 9 games. 15 bucks.
https://www.humblebundle.com/assassins-creed-bundle

IMHO, a great deal.

7. Re: Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties Jan 3, 2017, 14:34 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 14:15:
you mean, back when there was no other competition? not sure how that equates to nintendo...

There was competition: Intellivision, Commodore, and ColecoVision. Specifically, Intellivision was a serious competitor.

4. Re: Frontier Developments Sues ATARI Over Royalties Jan 3, 2017, 13:39 Kxmode

I remember when Atari was the Nintendo of gaming. Everyone and their dog had an Atari 2600. I personally liked the Atari 400 more due to better graphics and the ability to write code. Ah, Memories...

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
34. Re: Steam Award Winners Jan 2, 2017, 00:16 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 23:45:
You guys must have some iron man like nerves, the AI drivers in ETS2 drive me insane But then I realize I would also be a horribly potty mouthed truck driver in reality. ^^

I think the AI in ATS is much better. The drivers act like real west-coast drivers... that is to say they drive like maniacs.

11892 Comments. 595 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo