Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13191 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
21. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 13:16 Kxmode

I have no problems with ACO's microtransactions. Most of the stuff they sell is vanity and convenience stuff. They have nothing that hinders your ability to play and complete the game. IOW stop complaining about something that's an eventuality and is trivial to the core game.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 13:10 Kxmode

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 09:28:
I micro transaction the SHIT out UBI Soft games. I cant help it. They have cool stuff in there.

So yeah. I like them and fuck you all

Don't apologies. You have money to spend. No regrets. The haters are typically poor suckers.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

19. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 13:08 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 00:46:
...but do you hate that 1% who throws $10k at the game? Cause those people are bankrolling development for the rest of us. Not that our $60 doesn't count, but theirs counts a lot more.

Wouldn't you agree that if it's only cosmetic or convenience, then who really cares?

You do realize you're arguing about made up stats, right?

18. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 13:07 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 00:35:
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 20:36:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 20:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 19:46:
microtransactions brought in more revenue than digital game sales
We are doomed

Actually, it's what "we" want. "We" bought those microtransactions.

Who's "we" paleface? I am most certainly not down with the sickness.

Well, there's the 99% "we" who hate this shit. Then there's the 1% "we" that spend $10,000 on DLC/MT/lootboxes/gambling/hats

76% of statistics are made up.

News Comments > Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges
36. Re: Steam Win10 Usage Dips; Win7 Surges Nov 6, 2017, 23:21 Kxmode

Chinese Invasion!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 19:49 Kxmode

Origins has taken the top spot for hours played.

AC1 - 22 hours
AC2 - 89 minutes (was unplayable on PC so I ended up watching playthroughs on Youtube)
Brotherhood - 32 hours
Revelations - 35 hours
AC3 - 32 hours
Black Flag - 63 hours
Rogue - 26 hours
Unity - 50 hours
Syndicate - 62 hours
Origins - 74 hours and counting

Origins and Black Flag are neck-in-neck in terms of which one I like more. I still absolutely love the pirate stuff and the pirate ship mechanic is super fun. However, Origins is just amazing in all the things it gives you. From its lethal chariot racing in the Alexandria Hippodrome to tomb raiding to eliminating bounty hunters after you called Psylackes to the gladiator arenas. So much stuff to do. Plus the game is just beautiful to look at.

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access This Month
8. Re: Wild West Online Early Access This Month Nov 4, 2017, 19:02 Kxmode

WitcherOntheProwl wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 18:37:
MMo's take way to much time to level by yourself. If you can get into a group of people and charge through raids, or flash points or any area's where you gain huge xp. I would say do it. I remember playing AION and I stopped because the XP amount got into the millions at a mid level. Talk about a grind fest. If this goes f2p I will give it a try.

Not all MMOs. GW2 is mostly a solo experience. The main storyline for POF can be done solo'ed including the final boss encounter.

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access This Month
7. Re: Wild West Online Early Access This Month Nov 4, 2017, 18:59 Kxmode

Tomas wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 14:35:
I'm not usually one to nitpick, but whoever wrote this press release is really bad at English.

Cleaned up.

----

On November 15th, the action MMO "Wild West Online" will launch in early access Alpha with the full release planned for later this year.

During early access Alpha, players can expect:
- Over 100 quests that will include hunting, gold mining, and more.
- Over 20 historically accurate guns.
- Two public events: Artifact Hunt and Golden Road.
- A large map filled with varied environments and interesting NPCs.
- Exploration, resource gathering, PvP, PvE, and much more!

See you in the wild west soon!

Edit: Removed "the Wild West-themed" since it is redundant with the game's name.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2017, 19:33.

News Comments > Descent Underground Next Year
29. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 2, 2017, 12:00 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 00:08:
But this isn't a publisher forum. This is a gaming news forum. I see nothing wrong with talking about Overload, since that game would also be of interest to people interested in D:U. If Overload compares favorably to D:U, that's not our fault.

That's not the point, and BluesNews doesn't have to be a publisher's forum to have basic etiquette.

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 00:34:
Well, I assume this means youíll never mention a game other than the one in a threadís title, ever.

For references, sure (e.g. "missions in this game remind me of the missions in X game"). As a direct "promotion" no. Decorum dictates certain behavior be observed. Blue provides a large amount of leeway when we post comments. Basically, it's a "d-bag" move to do what Slick did in the first post. This is not hard to comprehend.

Slick wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 01:55:
ESPECIALLY one in the same genre, with the same projected release date, on an open forum where gamers gather to largely gather to shout their OPINIONS into the void.

It's a d-bag move.

Slick wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 01:57:
"IMO" isn't a "valid excuse" to "have an opinion"? What, if that opinion isn't sanctioned by you? If you choose to self-censor, that's your business, fuck off trying to impose that backwards nonsense on the rest of us.

You didn't provide an opinion. You promoted another competing title. "IMO" means nothing in context.

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 03:50:
1. I'm pretty sure I've never attacked the fact that you bring up religion, although I may have argued points that contradicted scientific fact.

2. It would be stranger if someone didn't bring up Overload. The games are so similar and will be released near the same time.

3. Your argument is like saying don't bring up Elite:Dangerous in a Star Citizen thread. I'm pretty sure you've never argued against that before. It's strange to pick this game as your hill to stand on.

4. No games about Jesus? Did you forget about Left Behind?

5. Decorum? This is Blue's News!

1. I hear you. However, remember those comments generally appear in an off-topic manner. It is not the same as what Slick posted. Apples, oranges.
2. True. But this is where decorum comes into play. Promoting another title is a total "d-bag" move. It is like a child (let's call her Suzy) who worked hard on a lemonade stand. On the day Suzy begins promoting its upcoming launch another kid (let's call him Steve) appears to promote Bob's lemonade stand and that he invented lemonade. How would you feel/react to Steve's shenanigans?
3. The comparison is fine, and we do it all the time. That's not what Slick did. His post was a straight-up promotion akin to my analogy in #2.
4. The "rapture" isn't about Jesus.
5. Blue affords a great deal of post freedom. However, don't confuse leeway with etiquette.

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 07:59:
Fuck it, I am going to threadjack this and make it about turtles.

Turtles are all kinds of awesome and, in some very unique cases, can turn out to be ninjas.

The only thing better than a ninja turtle? A pirate turtle because pirates destroy ninjas seven times before breakfast.

Come at me bro

Mentioning turtles in this thread isn't a threadjack. It's off-topic. Not the same point.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
32. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 11:23 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 02:13:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:10:
If the DRM shipped with the game, then I haven't noticed any performance issues, other than a weird cutscene bug that I was able to correct. UbiSoft is saying why people are experiencing problems. They optimized the game for medium ranged systems (their most significant potential customer base); not low or ultra machines. Most of the complaints appear to come from people with hardware specs like two 1080TIs and an i7-4770K.
People (with all kinds of PCs, incl. mid-range) have been complaining about unnecessary high CPU usage and low FPS, even with 4-core CPUs, compared to other games with the same engine. And they say 30 FPS is ok and you say its about the GPU and Hyperthreading?
Has deflection become an accepted way of discussion lately?

They should probably stop all the downloading. Help computer!

I think people tax their system in other ways. For example, encoding videos in the background (CPU taxing), downloading (HD taxing), and so forth. Automatically assuming the cause must be ACO's DRM seems like a stretch. Personally I haven't noticed any high CPU usage, but then again I am not doing any background activities while playing. All that said if the rumor turns out to be true then that's not cool and shame on Ubi.

7. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 00:06 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:52:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:10:
Most of the complaints appear to come from people with hardware specs like two 1080TIs and an i7-4770K.

#RichWhiteBoyProblems

Don't know if the majority are white or boys but #RichProblems for sure! Case in point, I suggested on the ACO Steam forums always pushing to own the latest hardware doesn't mean they'll have the best gameplay experience. Developers shoot for the system mediums with the most potential buyers. In doing so, they conclusively establish what I like to call "consensus infrastructure." I thought the responses I got were funny, albeit reasonably vitriolic. I guess I hit their trigger point. All that horsepower and their horse has a broken leg. Boo hoo.

Rigs wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:52:
Hmmm, I seem to remember when Ubi said it was essential to have always-online DRM and that it 'enhanced' the experience. Crazy

Probably because they have a cash store built into the game and they want to prevent shenanigans from taking place.

Not all DRM is bad. But it seems all people see DRM as bad. Steam is basically a super fancy DRM.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 1, 2017, 23:49 Kxmode

Steam hardware updated and has some interesting, although not surprising, percentages for VR Headsets.

HTC Vive 0.12% (-0.07%)
Oculus Rift 0.12% (-0.06%)
Oculus Rift DK 20.01% (0.00%)
Unknown 0.00 (%0.00%)
Oculus Rift DK 10.00% (0.00%)

Numbers don't lie. 0.12% are niche numbers. Even more telling is the 10 and 20% for the Dev Kits. It could also mean people use the devkits for gaming, which isn't a good sign. IOW more "devs" or "dev products" dominant VR than the consumer-level product. No wonder CCP canned their VR plans. VR doesn't have enough of a sizeable market to make it profitable for any short or long-term investments. Perhaps another sector like automotive or healthcare could benefit from VR's amazing features. But I think VR video games is dead. No killer app ever push the tech.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 23:37 Kxmode

No trick or treaters last night. That made me happy.  

15. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 1, 2017, 23:31 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 18:36:
Dude, who put a bee in your bonnet?

I don't like people hijacking an indie's thread the promote another competing product. That I backed D:U for $50 is irrelevant. I wouldn't do it in any game's thread. Have some standards.

P.S. You'll likely reply "well Kxmode you talk religion all the time, " and this is true. The fundamental difference is no one releases a game about Jesus. The Bible isn't exactly competing against video games. IOW apples and oranges.

14. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 1, 2017, 23:19 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 18:32:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 13:30:
You know Slick, that's a very trollish thing to do. Give DU its moment to shine.

Actually came to this thread wondering about Overload, so was pleased with Slick's comment. Blue gave DU it's chance to shine by making it the second FP story this morning.

Well, it's hard for something to shine when the very first comment hijacks the thread to talk about another game. And not some random game either, but a direct competitor; or as Slick puts it, "Overload is made by the actual creators of Descent."

All I'm saying is have some decorum. We know about Overload. Don't hijack this thread to make some noise about that game. That's some low-level trolling. That would be like if every time Blue posted an article about Star Citizen, Derek Smart appears to pimp whatever monstrosity he's making.

And Slick "IMO" is not a valid excuse. But since you fail to understand what I'm talking about. Do this: the next time you log into a publisher's heavily modded community forum, start promoting another competing title. See how fast your post gets locked/deleted/relocated.

4. Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 1, 2017, 23:10 Kxmode

If the DRM shipped with the game, then I haven't noticed any performance issues, other than a weird cutscene bug that I was able to correct. UbiSoft is saying why people are experiencing problems. They optimized the game for medium ranged systems (their most significant potential customer base); not low or ultra machines. Most of the complaints appear to come from people with hardware specs like two 1080TIs and an i7-4770K.  

10. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 1, 2017, 18:23 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 17:10:
Oh whatever.

I clearly said: "Here's the news I'd rather know about."

As in me, my opinion. Was it a bit ego-centric sure, most opinions are. Not a troll though. I don't remember saying anything false with the notion of antagonizing people into white-knighting my obvious falsehoods aka "trolling".

That's not an opinion. You can express opinions all day long. I'm referring to this:

Slick wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 11:30:
Here's the news I'd rather know about. Overload is made by the actual creators of Descent, they just didn't own the name, Interplay held onto that I believe.

Anyways, Overload looks far more promising IMO from an old Descent player. They hit version 0.7, full launch was supposed to be this winter, looks like early next year now.

In other words, you haven't provided a single opinion about D:U itself. your entire comment promotes another games in a thread about Descent:Underground's launch. That's trollish behavior. I can't make it much more clearer than that.

5. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 1, 2017, 14:45 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 14:32:
I've played both. DU feels very meh to me. Overload feels like the genuine article if you're chasing that oldskool Descent nostalgia.

Not that DU is a bad game or anything, it just doesn't scratch that itch, for me at least.

I'm a $50 backer and I know all too well how D:U plays. But this is irrelevant to the point of my initial reply.

2. Re: Descent Underground Next Year Nov 1, 2017, 13:30 Kxmode

You know Slick, that's a very trollish thing to do. Give DU its moment to shine.  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer
9. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Launch Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 16:08 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 14:56:
None of this is any consequence though because it's Star Wars!

PRE-ORDERED!!!!!

Don't do it DangerDog. Remember it's also EA!

13191 Comments. 660 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo