Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12963 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries
4. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries Aug 16, 2017, 15:24 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 16, 2017, 13:34:
Similar to the first game, these expansions are optional and self-contained for the most part. You can buy one or the other or both at a combined discount if you want. This FAQ explains the differences pretty well, what you get and don't get by owning this new one and not the previous: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010688287-Guild-Wars-2-Path-of-Fire-FAQ

They are, but there are certain things that are only available in HOT.

- Masteries introduced in HOT, like Gliding Mastery
- The 9 elite specializations introduced in HOT
- Revenant class is a standard class in POF but the Herald elite spec is not
- Guild Halls and Scribe crafting discipline

However, none of these HOT exclusives are required to play and complete POF. They only provide utilities for convenience. From experience, the gliding mastery alone is worth the price.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries
3. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Specialization Diaries Aug 16, 2017, 15:16 Kxmode

Looking forward to wielding an axe for the first time on my Guardian. I bought up a bunch of cool axe skins from the Trading Post before the prices jump due to demand. I'm still on the fence about the Chaos Axe. It sells for around 550 gold.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > For Honor Season 3 Today
5. Re: For Honor Season 3 Today Aug 16, 2017, 14:34 Kxmode

Rilcon wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 13:28:
The game takes seasons as way to tally world scores and reset some things, iirc, not really for DLC/expansions like episodic games. So seasons being 3 months and this being the start of the third makes sense.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I think the use of "season" is wrong though as the word typically means a year. I think Round, Final, or Arc would be better for quarterly events. Any implies matches with a quicker finale; of course, I'm not a marketing person so what do I know.

News Comments > Black Mirror Revival Announced
1. Re: Black Mirror Revival Announced Aug 16, 2017, 14:29 Kxmode

I thought THQ is defunct.

News Comments > For Honor Season 3 Today
1. Re: For Honor Season 3 Today Aug 15, 2017, 12:01 Kxmode

How can a game that's only been out for around seven months be on its third season?

News Comments > Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns
7. Re: Blizzard's Battle.net Brand Returns Aug 15, 2017, 11:58 Kxmode

TL;DR - "We made a mistake when we unbranded Battle.net. We are now moving to bring Battle.net back. You have our humble apologies."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 21:03 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 20:23:
And you don't understand there is no fucking sentimental value attached to the Parliament buildings. I would bet you any amount of money that if you ran polls all over London and/or England tomorrow it would likely be close to 100% that people would say scrap it and build something better and much more cost effective.

I've not talked about Parliament. I'm specifically talking about the northern clock tower called Big Ben. When in my entire conversation did I ever mention Parliament?

However, since you seem to be so keen on bringing up "Parliament." I should remind you that parliament isn't the name of the building. Parliament is the name of the supreme legislative body in the United Kingdom. Body members meet in the House of Lords and the House of Commons in separate large chambers within the Palace of Westminster (the actual name of the building). The entire palace is declared Grade I ("buildings of exceptional interest") by England and Wales since 1970 and part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987. UNESCO sites tend to remain protected structures for conservation and posterity. So clearly the building absolutely has sentimental value within London, Britain, the UK, and the world.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 16:26 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 15:55:
There is no shortage of old and ancient buildings throughout Europe. While Londoners may be sentimental about Big Ben I seriously doubt any of them would object to seeing Parliament demolished and replaced with something far better. If it saves taxpayers money in the long run they'll always be for it. And let's not forget those buildings are paid for by the majority of people in a nation that never see them or use them, so why waste their money needlessly when they need it a great deal more in their own communities. What private companies do with their own money is their business, what governments do with our money is our business.

You're still not understanding the point of sentimental value. The very definition is "the value of something to someone because of personal or emotional associations rather than material worth." In other words, ancient buildings and landmarks may be financially inefficient to maintain by today's standards, but in the minds of many, they hold iconic and cultural values that are worth preserving regardless of high costs.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Preview Weekend
7. Re: Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Preview Weekend Aug 14, 2017, 14:50 Kxmode

Wash Washburne wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 01:53:
Are you sure abut that, GW grew in the shadow of WoW and it also began because of WoW, it was during a time of MMOs sprouting like mushrooms after good rain, ArenaNet just did it different. And it is why I referred to it as a clone that broke the subscription chains

Having played WOW (up to WOD) and GW (all the expansions, including HOT) I can tell you for the fact that I am sure about it.

All MMOs remain clones of pen and paper gaming, which are themselves inspired by Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and other fantasy of the time. So who created it first remains a moot point.

Anet's only connection to Blizzard is Mike O'Brien, Patrick Wyatt, and Jeff Strainby were former Blizzard employees. However, that's where the similarities end.

Guild Wars never followed WOW's model. Anet was the first to release a subscription-free Buy to Play product before that was even a thing. In the beginning, the game focused on multiplayer arenas with objectives similar with today's MOBAs. The story campaign is unique to the GW franchise. It borrowed nothing from WOW. For example, there are no orcs, trolls, or goblins in GW lore. Instead, you have the Mursaat, Asura, and Tengu races, each with rich backstories. Dragons represent forces of nature whose scope of existence within the lore have recently changed. The scope change is unique to the Guild Wars franchise.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2017, 16:36.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 14:25 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 13:36:
That's the problem with those old buildings. It costs far more to repair and maintain them then it would be to scrap them and build something new and efficient. It's just a huge waste of money for a public service building.

Have you never heard of sentimental value? It's not an "old building." For Londoners and England in general, Big Ben (the building and the clock) remains a part of the culture and heritage for over 150 years. I guarantee you if you asked any Londoner what you just said, they would be appalled at such a thought.

5. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Preview Weekend Aug 14, 2017, 00:05 Kxmode

Wash Washburne wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 10:45:
I'm glad that this game is still going strong, it's quite fascinating how it actually evolved from being a WoW clone that broke the subscription chains.

GW1 and GW2 have never been WOW clones.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
23. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Aug 13, 2017, 02:03 Kxmode

heroin wrote on Aug 12, 2017, 15:58:
I still feel bad for all the children who used their mom's credit cards to buy it for $50 on day one expecting to be shitting their pants with poop explosions dripping from the ceilings and walls by the complete godly awesomeness this game was going to be in their fantastical minds

You're not quite right in the head, are you?

1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Preview Weekend Aug 11, 2017, 20:19 Kxmode

TL;DR

1. You don't need to own the game to play open beta.
2. This weekend is PVE. Next weekend is PVP.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
2. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Aug 11, 2017, 20:17 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 19:57:
Sounds like some good improvements. I wonder if it is finally time to buy.

At $24, yes. (You all know how I feel about the game.)

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch This Week
6. Re: No Man's Sky Patch This Week Aug 11, 2017, 13:57 Kxmode

What we do is much more important than what we say, but since launch we have sometimes focused too much on that.

That's a huge understatement of epic proportions.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2017, 17:36 Kxmode

Today is National Spoil Your Dog Day. Woof!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 10, 2017, 17:01 Kxmode

It looks like this article is being cloned all over the Internet according to a Google search. Here's another like that works:
https://pcgamesn.com/lawbreakers/lawbreakers-player-count

News Comments > etc.
1. LawBreakers PC Unimpressive Launch Numbers, Peaked at 3,000 Players… Aug 10, 2017, 16:43 Kxmode

Error 500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1770142576

Varnish cache server

Pretty sad when the cache server goes down.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2017, 13:11 Kxmode

Head's up. Free open beta from Friday until Sunday for Guild Wars 2 latest expansion. You don't need to own the game to play.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Plans
28. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 10, 2017, 13:09 Kxmode

mustang05tim wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 17:30:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 17:16:
I feel that's the same situation Chris Roberts finds himself in. The hype surrounding Star Citizen and SQ42 is so high that there's no way it can be anything but a failure and (or) a big disappointment at launch.

That's why the best games are the ones that get developed in secrecy until about 3 months before launch so they can build up the hype train. Unfortunately, only the really well financed studios can pull that off.

I would consider $156 million a "really well-financed studio".

12963 Comments. 649 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo