Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11453 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 4, 2016, 14:34 Kxmode

There's no such thing as free trial. This is basically EA's attempt to get people into their multiplayer F2P so they can use the cash sucker shop.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2016, 19:40 Kxmode

This comment was edited on May 3, 2016, 19:47.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
15. Re: Battleborn Begins May 3, 2016, 13:46 Kxmode

Benedict Caldarius is a really great actor.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 23:53 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 21:59:
He still didn't like TFA but at least he understood why it happened.

It was pure marketing bunk, what more is there to understand? They lifted the old movie to appeal to old audiences, introduced puerile, vapid new characters to appeal to new audiences, and did it all with endless teases and winks instead of actually progressing the lore. The icing on the cake was the most phoned-in scoring the great John Williams has ever done.

I'm not going to get into this on a Friday evening. Thumbsup

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 21:31 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 16:01:
descender wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 13:39:
So you're $60 in on another space game already? What is the space-sim equivalent of methadone, we need to get a hold of some for you.

Ask Creston. We tried having an intervention once.... he tried to nuke us from orbit.

As for Everything Wrong with Star Wars.... they nailed it and that's why I hate the movie so much (Except BB-8 which is the cutest droid in the universe... now).

I think it's amazing to have two Star Wars fans, yet one hates TFA and the other loves it. I personally think it's the 2nd best Star Wars film, right behind Empire. I'm never going to forgot how I felt when I saw Han die and he fell off that bridge. And while I understand the story is a remix of the original trilogy I understand and accept why they did it. I was even able to convince a coworker to why it worked. He still didn't like TFA but at least he understood why it happened.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 29, 2016, 21:15 Kxmode

Really digging this track. Nice laid-back Friday treat by a pair of really gifted musicians.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 18:13 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 15:47:
@KXMode

That's ancient history. More recent events suggest a sociopathic control freak.

How would that be relevant to bringing vanilla servers back?

News Comments > Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused
48. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 18:11 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 17:35:
Why Ireland?

Alcohol; in case of failure. Cheers

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 15:25 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 15:10:
Isn't Mark Kern the guy that created the Firefall debacle?

I don't know all the specifics. I'm not sure if he caused or contributed to it, but in truth that's a topic for another discussion. Right now this is huge milestone.

Not many people know this but after the lead programmer left to form Arena.net (possibly Mike O'Brien) Blizzard was ready to cancel WOW. They saw no path forever. However, Mark Kern stepped up and said let me find a new lead programmer and get the game ready to ship. Blizzard took a chance on Mark and his leadership led to one of gaming's most successful MMOs in history. Imagine a gaming world where WOW didn't exist.

Anyhow, here's the Tweets for proof:

vomiting_cat: Look at Oldschool Runescape's success. Look at Nostalrius and now Kronos/Lordaeron. Sometimes feels like, you're wrong?
Mark: Blizzard was pretty sure WoW should be cancelled to, until I convinced them to try.
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723670297405054978

Mark: They all seem to forget I saved WoW from cancellation and got it shipped in the first place.
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723552778308608000

Khayotix: tell us the story Mark! What happened that the game needed saving? History lesson time!
Mark: The game was in shambles, the lead left to start Arena. net. Blizzard said, no way to continue
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723553532465418240

Mark: I said I would join the team, find a new lead prog and help turn the game around. They let me try.
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723553713042821124

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 15:05 Kxmode

Mark Kern via Twitter: "I'm pleased to tell you that Mike has replied, and we are meeting in the next couple weeks when our schedules align! @NostalBegins"

Yay!!!! Short of a vanilla server announcement, this is wonderful news! Dance Dance Dance

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 14:58 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 13:39:
So you're $60 in on another space game already? What is the space-sim equivalent of methadone, we need to get a hold of some for you.

I know! I'm such a hypocrite!

Seriously though, Battletech was the last crowdfunded game I backed. Everspace, just before Battletech. I'm still not supporting the crowdfunding / early access model. I think it's a flawed system, but at least I'm happy to check out Everspace.

34. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 14:55 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 14:47:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 13:51:
Can we get some low card/low cal/low sodium this time, almost had to go to the hospital from all the popcorn last time.
You should avoid the Star Citizen threads.

I might have something to do with that according to some.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 13:28 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 18:28:
According to most of those instructions taking one of everything in the cabinet would be a swell idea. :p

Talk to your doctor about swell ideas.

I'll show myself out...

26. Re: Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Paused Apr 29, 2016, 13:27 Kxmode

That's a very smart decision. Kudos to Romero and his team for making that decision.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 13:23 Kxmode

RockFish Games sent me an email containing a Steam alpha key for EVERSPACE! Dance  

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
75. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 29, 2016, 00:32 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 07:12:
Posting about it ten thousand times and trying to spam your views everywhere is what makes you a crazy ex. Talking like a crazy person about Blizzards egos and making up conspiracy theories about a video game patch revision is what makes you a crazy ex. My points about why vanilla WoW servers are still unaddressed which in vanilla WoW terms that you should understand is a FAIL.

Again, I haven't addressed any of your illogical points because you have none. Anything else?

News Comments > Duck Game Free Weekend
1. Re: Duck Game Free Weekend Apr 28, 2016, 20:26 Kxmode

Life is like a hurricane...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2016, 16:35 Kxmode

CrushBug wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 11:58:
Prescription drugs were in his house? OMG, I have prescription drugs in my house! Am I going to die?!

Nope.

73. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 27, 2016, 22:33 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 07:05:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 22:47:
Lots of rage. Lots of passion! I especially like the part where I'm labelled a "professional victim". Good stuff Redmask. Really hit the nail on head. Anything else I'm missing?

Rage? Hahah. I'm not the one signing petitions or following around game devs like a crazy ex.

Criticizing Star Citizen because Chris Roberts didn't stay true to his word on the game's scope, its duration and budget isn't being a "crazy ex". Signing a petition to play a version of World of Warcraft no longer available and being vocal about wanting such a thing isn't a "crazy ex" move.

If you're going to use metaphors at least try to be accurate.

Redmask wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 07:05:
Your utter failure to address any of my points both there and here has been noted.

I didn't address your points because you have none.

Anything else? If not, GG.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2016, 22:40.

54. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 23:09 Kxmode

NewMaxx wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 20:36:
This is just my opinion - having played dozens of MMOs including World of Warcraft at launch, and having been on the design team for two - but I see this situation more as an opportunity. It's no mystery that Blizzard has been moving away from World of Warcraft and in fact they have made the (smart) decision to move away from traditional MMOs all-together. Yet they apparently lack the vision to make something great with what they already have.

Someone else commented that they picked THE wrong person to be affiliated with this statement and I couldn't agree more. Blizzard seems to be in a constant flux when it comes to being in touch with their customers. Tying these concepts together I offer the example of Diablo 3, which was turned around largely by listening to the community and removing a certain person on the team. My point being that if you want reform you need turnover.

All that being said I made my feelings about this statement felt on the Reddit thread. As someone who has worked on teams and game development, including the legal elements, I know what they're saying. I just disagree with it because they are approaching it like Microsoft rather than Google; Blizzard is quite capable of making the best of this opportunity and they have a track record of being flexible, but apparently the impetus isn't quite there yet.

Really appreciated your comment NewMaxx. I was the one who commented about picking the wrong person. J Allen Brack is going to be forever known as the "You think you do, but you don't" guy.

If you don't mind me asking does "been on the design team for two" refer to Blizzard?

11453 Comments. 573 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo