Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15319 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 05:37 Kxmode

Words uttered by a master thespian.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event
12. Re: 7 Games Free During Steam Spring Cleaning Event May 25, 2019, 04:48 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 24, 2019, 20:22:
Flair for my profile. HA, take that EGS.

Considering EGS doesn't have public profiles... so there's that.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2019, 20:01 Kxmode

All the notable extinct GOT houses:

- Targaryen
- Blackfyre
- Tyrell
- Bolton
- Mormont
- Karstark
- Clegane
- Umber
- Baratheon (of King's Landing)
- Baratheon (of Dragonstone)
- Baelish

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2019, 17:42 Kxmode

Shock wrote on May 24, 2019, 17:02:
Charcoal is much better for taste but propane is more convenient, until you have to refill the can.

Seems to me if someone managed to merge the two they would be crazy rich.

Can the taste of charcoal be emulated by manipulating the propane gas or blending it with other less dangerous gasses (e.g. "flavor" gases)?

News Comments > Minion Masters Launches
2. Re: Minion Masters Launches May 24, 2019, 17:40 Kxmode

One of the ratings: "Quick, rewarding, easy to understand, and not Pay 2 Win." Hmmm... colored me interested.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2019, 16:47 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 24, 2019, 16:15:
jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2019, 14:13:
Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air travel ban.

Put all the anti vaxxers on the Do Not Fly list. Sweet!

First Valid Use of the No Fly List since it's inception.

Even better, DO FLY them on a cargo plane for an island somewhere (not currently inhabited), and let them be anti-vaccine all day long.

Edit: I forgot how to spell plane.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2019, 17:41.

News Comments > RiME Free on Epic Games Store
11. Re: RiME Free on Epic Games Store May 24, 2019, 13:48 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on May 23, 2019, 20:10:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the quality of these freebies is slightly lower than awesome.

May 5th: "EA's freebie Origin offerings started dropping in quality too. Near the end of the promotion they gave away Peggle and Steamworld Dig. When it started they were giving away Mirror's Edge and Medal of Honor Pacific Assault."

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 21:36 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 22, 2019, 21:07:
The sunrise Ray tracing on the mesa looks cool. However, the purple illumination of the weapon looks overdone. Maybe that's how Avalanche coded it rather than being an issue with the hardware, but it reminded me of the gimmicky fluid PhysX effects from Borderlands 2 (which were also purple)

We agree on the purple. I think that comes from the light-source being so close. The panel's current brilliance wouldn't produce light that vivid (at least I don't think it would). If halved the diffusion would more accurately reflect the amount of light the hand scan emanates. This RTX tech is all bleeding-edge stuff though, so it'll get better as devs grow more familiar with the tools. But in the meantime, I think it is a significant first step.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2019, 21:46.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 21:27 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on May 22, 2019, 20:41:
Scientists Have Created a Sound So Loud It Can Vaporize Water on Contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U86aorxbBRY

My name is a killing word - Paul Atreides

bigspender, do we have sharksign?

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta
3. Re: GOG Galaxy Version 2.0 Beta May 22, 2019, 21:24 Kxmode

Talisorn wrote on May 22, 2019, 21:15:
I'm waiting for the hate train to start rolling. Anything that poses a threat to the "Most Holy of Holies, Steam" must be crushed by the Valve Crusaders.

you're clueless.

News Comments > Valve on Positive Review Bombing
14. Re: Valve on Positive Review Bombing May 22, 2019, 19:27 Kxmode

All good because it forces Valve to look at how a zeitgeist can manipulate ratings. Ultimately, with each iteration, the system ends up benefiting consumers. In this case, societal disruptions force Valve to think of creative solutions.  

36. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 19:09 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on May 21, 2019, 16:01:
El Pit wrote on May 21, 2019, 02:45:
Kxmode wrote on May 21, 2019, 00:09:

Sorry, can't answer because of the way you structured your post. Too difficult. But you're wrong in many points and you ignore in some parts what I have already written and what is shown in the series itself (like "he sees the present". Nope. He himself says it in the series: "I can only see THE PAST.")

At least, you liked it. To each their own. And this season of GoT was at least not as bad as Star Wars episodes I and VIII. This gives me some hope that D&D can offer a new SW trilogy that will be hopefully alright. Not great, but not as horrible as SW I and SW VIII.

I stopped watching GoT after season 3. It was just too bleak.

As for D&D making a good Star Wars series, they better get a good team of screenwriters. Seems like GoT went downhill after they ran out of GRRM material.

Technically they didn't run out of material. They ran out of books. Season 7 and 8 come from extensive notes GRRM assembled for the book he'll eventually complete. Granted the show took liberties with more than a few character arcs, but the core stuff is likely to remain the same. Of course, GRRM might change things dramatically to regain fans who may have been turned off by the series or to basically "kill" D&D's version because, you know, it's George Martin.

News Comments > Dauntless Launches
3. Re: Dauntless Launches May 22, 2019, 19:01 Kxmode

I played the beta when it was available. Boring is the only word I can come up with (at least, for me it is). It plays like a lighter version of Monster Hunter World with graphics that feel more suited to mobile games. Throughout the life of the beta, I was requested continuously via emails to come back and play the beta. With it being a EGS exclusive I'm glad I didn't waste my time helping to make their game better so they can toss Steam users under the bus.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 17:47 Kxmode

Tim Harford: How Can Chaos Lead To Creative Breakthroughs?

Psychologist Daniel Oppenheimer a few years ago, teamed up with high school teachers. He asked them to reformat the handouts that they were giving to some of their classes. Some were formatted in something straightforward, such as Helvetica or Times New Roman. However, half these classes got handouts formatted in something intense, like Haettenschweiler, or something with a zesty bounce, like Comic Sans Italicized.

Now, these are hideous fonts, and they're difficult fonts to read. But at the end of the semester, students were given exams. The students asked to read the more difficult fonts had done better in their exams in a variety of subjects. The reason is the problematic fonts forced them to slow them down, forcing them to work a bit harder, and as a result, they learned more.

These disruptions help us solve problems, and in turn, help us become more creative.

----

So true. How many times have you encountered problems or obstacles that led to creative results?

I end the comment with this from Tim:

There's a beautiful example from London that could not be more every day, where, a few years ago, the London Underground suffered a partial shutdown because there was a strike because of a labor dispute. The shutdown lasted two days. For those two days, everybody who was used to commuting around London probably had to find a different way to get to work.

So three economists got hold of the dataset and looked at what people had done, and they found that a vast number of people commuted to work the same way every day. During the strike, they adapted. They found a different way, and a substantial minority of them never went back. So they realized - because of a 48-hour shutdown, they had been doing it wrong their entire lives. It was only when the disruption comes in and says - no, you can't do it your usual way; you have to find a new way - tens of thousands of people went, wow, actually, the new way's better. How many things do we do in our lives - not these soaring feats of creativity, just everyday situations - how many things do we do that, if we were forced to do it differently, we would never go back?

This comment was edited on May 22, 2019, 17:58.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 05:17 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on May 22, 2019, 04:49:
Are the videos "hidden" somehow? They didn't show up when I looked at your channel. Thirty one videos in 11 years and you have 233 subscribers, not bad considering.

Yes, they're hidden. Thank you.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2019, 03:08 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on May 21, 2019, 21:00:
Kxmode wrote on May 21, 2019, 20:27:
Dacote wrote on May 21, 2019, 20:19:
The test guide is public but the New sheet asks for permission.

Fixed.
noted. Have fun benchmarking.

Thanks.

Almost immediately noticed an RTX feature called "Global Illumination" in Rage 2 (I believe this is part of the RTX's raytracing system), and wow is it nice! Rage 2 with settings maxed out and GI enabled runs at a solid 4K60 (sometimes it bumps past 60). Recorded a 4K60 video showing GI in action. This is pretty much how most games run on my machine. Here's another 4K60 recorded example of GI in play, but this time in the entire environment. You'll notice the overall hue is an orange tint. This is from the sunrise. That was not present on my 1080TI without GI.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2019, 03:30.

News Comments > Get The Sims 4 for Free
2. Re: Get The Sims 4 for Free May 21, 2019, 21:47 Kxmode

There's no such thing as a free EA game and especially not for The Sims. It is filled with micro- and macro-transactions, not to mention expansion packs. It's a mobile-game with desktop fidelity.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2019, 20:27 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on May 21, 2019, 20:19:
The test guide is public but the New sheet asks for permission.

Fixed.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2019, 19:13 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on May 21, 2019, 17:56:
Kxmode wrote on May 21, 2019, 17:18:
jdreyer, Dacote - Recieved the 2080TI at work. I'll keep you updated on the 1080TI.
Let us know how much of an improvement it is over your other card.

I plan on updating my test guide with New sheet. This will also include my memory upgrade although I suspect the extra 16GB will have little impact on the FPS. The 2080TI should be handling the bulk of that.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2019, 17:18 Kxmode

jdreyer, Dacote - Recieved the 2080TI at work. I'll keep you updated on the 1080TI.  

15319 Comments. 766 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo