Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13399 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2017, 19:54 Kxmode

Source:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 05:07:
Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 14:04:
Given your spiritual leanings, it will be interesting to see what you make of the ending of Horizon kxmode
Will do

I finished the main campaign. HZD is a great science fiction story. However, I didn't see any religious overtones so I couldn't really comment on the ending from that aspect.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG
4. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 28, 2017, 19:50 Kxmode

*through the sound of crunching chips* Cheaters nevgle prosablleee (yeah, real food! DDay+6 wisdom teeth removal)  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > FCC Grants ESA CVAA Waiver Extension
1. Re: FCC Grants ESA CVAA Waiver Extension Dec 27, 2017, 20:24 Kxmode

Or... businesses, who specialize in porting video games to ACA-compliant devices, can contract with businesses to offer these services; heavily subsidized by the federal government.  

News Comments > On League of Legends Champion Names
1. Re: On League of Legends Champion Names Dec 26, 2017, 20:20 Kxmode

Sometimes a name can just happen on the spot after a quick glance at the character. For example, I tried Monster Hunter: World beta and named my character Gymon and his Palicoes sidekick OBee.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse
17. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 20:09 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 19:06:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 11:12:
Is it any surprise? EA has nothing on Activision for sleaze, greed, and stupidity. Along with Take2 and Warner Bros, both EA and Activision are run by clueless corporate fuckwits who don't give a shit about their customers beyond how much more money they can milk out of their wallets past the initial game purchase. Fuck Activision Blizzard.

You need to shut the fuck up, your another one of these assholes that hasn't played the game but here you are jumping all over the game about shit you know nothing about.

Wow. Both of those comments were extra salty.

13. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Dec 26, 2017, 16:40 Kxmode

Fizzlefuz wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 16:29:
Yes. All the items in Everse are cosmetic. And every time you gain a level you get a free engram with stuff like shaders and other cosmetic items. I have to constantly dismantle cosmetic items because my inventory is full and I have way more than I ever need. I have not spend any money past the base price for the game (On sale) and ever felt like I need to spend anymore. I don't fully understand what's happening here other than massive misinformation.

It sounds like players think if they collectively yell and stomp their feet, Bungie will cave in and they'll get vanity stuff for free.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 15:39 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 15:33:
I wonder what he'd think about this story.

A family of refugees show up, without the resources to house themselves, and are helped out by ordinary local people. Then, when the authorities threaten to (shall we say) break up the family with extreme prejudice, three wealthy foreign elitists not only give them advance warning to flee, but provide them the means to do so successfully.

That's the story of Jesus' birth.

Not quite. The three wealthy foreign elitists visit the mob boss who then orders a hit on all children ages 4 and below. The parents are warned to flee to a neighboring country and lay low for a time.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 15:34 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 15:29:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 01:02:
Every time I flush it, I get teary-eyed.

If you get teary-eyed every time you flush, that's probably due to the bidet.

WANT!

10. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 15:30 Kxmode

Are the loot crates for vanity and cosmetic stuff or are they for core progression skills and items?  

News Comments > Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans
2. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 12:27 Kxmode

Conversely, EA agreed to this despite having killed Mythic.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 01:11 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 01:09:
That's the chemicals from the advanced cleaning system

Is that it? I did think it was unusual to teary-eyed after the 15th flush.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 01:02 Kxmode

My wish is for RedEye to be nice to me for one day.

On a lighter note, my brother helped me installed a new high-tech toilet in my house.

- one-piece design
- 1-sec flushes (1.28 GPF)
- Slow closing seat and lid
- Advanced anti-clogging system
- Advanced cleaning system
- eligible for municipality rebate

Every time I flush it, I get teary-eyed.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 01:01 Kxmode

"The 20's style animation look amazing!"

Since it is 2017 (almost a hundred years later) is it okay to refer to the 1920's like this?

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video
35. Re: Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 25, 2017, 05:40 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 04:19:
There's way, way too much built out and dialog recorded for this to be anything but an actual mission. They may tweak it here or there, but overall I think this is representative of what we're going to see M2 or M3 in SQ42.

They need to polish up the animations and such, but overall this is a hopeful sign that SQ42 at least will be an epic SP campaign.

It still feels "scripted." Perhaps Roberts' lies in the past have tainted the presentation to where I can't trust what RSI produces as actual gameplay. I do think they need to tone down the walking. It may be okay at first but imagine doing that for each and every mission.

General Discussion > Best Game of 2017
5. My Entries Dec 25, 2017, 05:16 Kxmode

I don't have a GOTY. Instead, I wanted to assemble my list of Games of the Year. In no particular order:

- Night in the Woods (Win) - Quirky, quirky adventure!

- Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - This is likely the biggest sleeper hit of 2017 for me. I thought ACO was GOTY, but it's a toss-up between that and this game. I think both games should share GOTY.

- Mass Effect: Andromeda (Win) - Despite the political nonsense surrounding it and all its graphical and animation faults, MEA turns out to be a solid game due to its vastly improved combat system over the previous ME titles. The story is serviceable and overall worth around 65 hours. The only ding I can give MEA is I have no desire to return.

- Rain World (Win) - Highly original both in presentation, story, and controls (although at times a bit too unique as I got lost more than once). It is also brutally tricky and shows no mercy "in a land where even rain can kill."

- PaRappa The Rapper Remastered (PS4) - Got to get a classic from my PS1 days in here! It plays just like I remember, but now it looks fantastic on a 4K screen!

- Dreamfall Chapters (Win) - Wonderful and unique story between the past and the future where dreams are real in both worlds.

- Wipeout Omega Collection (PS4) - This is the Wipeout I remember from PS1 but now with 4K graphics and modern electronic music. A rip-roaring great time. The speed of moment and controls are simultaneously frantic and fun.

- Life Is Strange: Before the Storm (Win) - This game had a lot of expectations riding on the massive success of LIS. Not only did Before the Storm deliver, but it helped develop the back story to LIS by letting LIS fans get to know Chloe's buddy, Rachael Amber.

- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire (Win) - A MUCH better expansion over Heart of Thorns. The graphics, music, gameplay, story; all of it shines. Even more shocking is how fast it landed: Season 3 ended, POF launched a month later, and two months then Season 4 started. ArenaNet continues to deliver their Living World content so fast, and yet each is high in quality. I don't know how they do it.

- Cuphead (Win) - I haven't played this, but I include on this list for its highly original presentation. The 20's style animation look amazing!

- Assassin's Creed: Origins (Win) - Hands down one of the best Assassin's Creed titles Ubisoft has developed. I have a soft spot for Black Flag, so I only give ACO higher mark based purely on time spent. I have 65 hours logged for Black Flag and 180 hours for ACO.

- Road Redemption (Win) - An super fun update to the classic Road Rash.

- Gorogoa (Win) - Hand animation puzzle game that challenged me to think about how the artwork blends into one another. This is another game that has a unique control system like Rain World.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2017, 05:32.

32. Re: Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 25, 2017, 03:47 Kxmode

They call it a "vertical slice." Hello Games had a vertical slice of No Man's Sky that they demoed at E3 and to the press that did not reflect the actual game. So my question is, what does the real Squadron 42 look like? Or is this smoke and mirrors?  

31. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 25, 2017, 01:26 Kxmode

swaaye wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 23:48:
It's a shame it's not based in the Wing Commander universe. That would be thrilling.

It basically is Wing Commander.

26. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Gameplay Video Dec 24, 2017, 22:15 Kxmode

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?  

57. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 05:07 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 14:04:
Given your spiritual leanings, it will be interesting to see what you make of the ending of Horizon kxmode

Will do

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 01:09 Kxmode

Once again, I must be in the minority because I liked The Last Jedi.  

13399 Comments. 670 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo