Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12595 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
39. removed Apr 11, 2017, 19:20 Kxmode

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 12, 2017, 07:50.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Into the Black Apr 11, 2017, 19:07 Kxmode

At the risk of injecting civility into the discussion (because it looks some are foaming at the mouth; looking at you Agent-Zero). I think we're talking past each other. It would be good to establish some facts so that going forward we can at least discuss this on about the same level. Here's my response:

Did the Airline do the moral thing? [ ] Yes [ X ] No [ ] Maybe

Do U.S. Citizens have civil rights on a plane? [ ] Yes [ X ] No [ ] Maybe

Do U.S. Citizens have consumer rights on a plane? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

When U.S. Citizens purchase airline tickets, do they enter into a private agreement with the carrier? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

Does the airline have the ability to revoke or modify a ticket for any reason? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe (A person entering into a business transaction with each carrier follows a contract. For United Airlines they have 30 rules)

Can the police request and then remove by force any non-compliant person? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Into the Black Apr 11, 2017, 03:21 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 16:42:
some people like a new narrative, other people like delving more into minutiae and statistics. i can dig both sides, and personally get tired of sports pretty quickly too. my immediate thought when tv shows becoming repetitive is mentioned is The Walking Dead. I'm about to drop that permanently from rotation soon here unless things shake up quite a bit. Also made me think of how much I'm looking forward to the new season of Better Call Saul.

I have no desire to watch the series. However, I assume if the series ends without a cure a lot of people are going to be upset they wasted time watching something with no real ending.

News Comments > NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM LEGACY
5. Re: [ Apr 11, 2017, 01:42 Kxmode

ViRGE wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 23:23:
Undih wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:20:
GOD DAMN CAPS, My brain does not like this shit!
Seriously. Stop yelling at us, Blue. We're dumb, not deaf!

But he's yelling at us in AMERICAN CONSUMER DIALECT EXTREME ALPHA JAPANESE!

28. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 11, 2017, 01:22 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 00:46:
The fact that you think you have no civil rights in any of these situations is somewhat horrifying. Sure, a business can ask you to leave, but you had better believe, for THIS particular situation, both the airline and the police can and hopefully will be sued, for a variety of charges, including violations of this doctor's civil rights.

At no point are anyone's civil rights suspended because they are involved in a business transaction. How on earth did you ever get to that point mentally?

The fact that United was bumping passengers to move their own employees will also definitely figure into any upcoming court cases.

It's not just me.

"Your regular civil rights don’t apply when you’re on an airplane," said Paul Hudson of FlyersRights.org, the largest nonprofit airline consumer protection organization. "What you should do if you have a problem with a flight crew is to document it and file a complaint later. You have rights, but you have to exercise them once you’re off the flight."

You're confusing civil rights with consumer rights. It's apples and oranges. They're not the same. A passenger on a private-run airline does not have a civil right to that seat. The only thing civil rights afford is the ability to fly on a plane without discrimination. For example, the airline refusing to sell you a ticket because of your race or religion.

23. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 11, 2017, 00:15 Kxmode

ZeroPike1 wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 23:51:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 23:36:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 22:49:
Kxmode, if you are not being sarcastic; no, you still have civil rights on board an airplane. The rule of law is not suspended because it's a 'private business.' Assault is still assault.

Emotion and not logic are driving the majority reaction to this situation. People forget that there are no civil rights when you're dealing with a business transaction, just like there are no civil rights when you order a Big Mac from McDonald's. The airlines, while under the jurisdiction of the TSA, FAA, and NTSB, are private businesses. Please don't confuse public civil rights with private companies. Also, resisting the orders of a police officer can result in a felony or misdemeanor depending on the state. It is no less different than a person resisting arrest. Being seated on an airplane is completely irrelevant.

OK fair enough, if you buy a pizza at a grocery store and get told to leave the store for no reason but you were randomly selected to get tossed. Then you would not complain if they smash your head into something while they drag you out by force? You better NOT complain, because you are justifying there actions and saying its somehow ok.

Yes, except on the airplane the crew didn't smash his head into something while being drag you out by force; the police did that. They have jurisdiction to use force to remove an uncompliant person. They would use the same force against a patron who refuses to leave a business after being repeatedly asked to leave. I think people believe the airlines is part of the government like the Post Office. It's not. Airlines are as private as McDonald's and Walgreens. Yes, airlines have a ton more laws governing them, but this is only because the odds of dying in a plane are significantly higher than eating a Big Mac.

22. Re: Into the Black Apr 11, 2017, 00:09 Kxmode

Will W wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 23:54:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 23:36:

Emotion and not logic are driving the majority reaction to this situation. People forget that there are no civil rights when you're dealing with a business transaction, just like there are no civil rights when you order a Big Mac from McDonald's. The airlines, while under the jurisdiction of the TSA, FAA, and NTSB, are private businesses. Please don't confuse public civil rights with private companies. Also, resisting the orders of a police officer can result in a felony or misdemeanor depending on the state. It is no less different than a person resisting arrest. Being seated on an airplane is completely irrelevant.

Civil rights include such things as not being denied service based on race (or other protected status) . They certainly do apply to private companies.

The only time civil rights apply is if the TSA, FAA, and (or) the NTSB were to imposed some law that discriminated against a group based on whatever (e.g. race, religion, gender, and so forth). The airlines would have no choice but to comply with the law. People wouldn't go after the airlines, they would go after the government who created the law that violates civil rights in the first place. Do you get it now?

This situation is Civics 101-level stuff. You should know this. Teachers taught it in high school alongside Sociology and History.

19. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2017, 23:47 Kxmode

1badmf wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 23:28:
overbooking should be straight up illegal. they shouldn't be allowed to sell something they don't have, which is a seat on the plane once it's fully booked up. it's flat out choosing greed over people.

Plenty of places overbook. Cinemas, stadiums, restaurants. Should it be illegal there as well? Most would say no. So why is it a problem with the airlines? The fundamental issue is aggressively impatience people coupled with uncomfortable situations like being on an airplane. It's a stick of dynamite ready to explode. The doctor, while professional, doesn't preclude him from being an impatient person (in the form of being unresponsive to the staff and police demands to exit). His lack of patience caused the outcome. That's his fault.

18. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2017, 23:36 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 22:49:
Kxmode, if you are not being sarcastic; no, you still have civil rights on board an airplane. The rule of law is not suspended because it's a 'private business.' Assault is still assault.

10. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 10, 2017, 22:22 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:46:
Sue the everloving shit out of them. Sure, it's legal, but dragging a 69 year old man violently off a plane to the point where he has blood streaming down his face? Fuck that noise.

Or, he could have graciously followed along and requested a refund and a flight replacement, which I'm sure the airline would have been happy to provide for the inconvenience. "Your regular civil rights don’t apply when you’re on an airplane," according to a consumer-rights group and that's because airlines are private businesses. If they overbook it's their fault, and it happens, but that doesn't entitle people to act foolishly or resist the police officer's request to leave "the place of business." I'm siding with the airline on this. Total juvenile behavior on the part of this old man.

News Comments > G2A Responds to Gearbox
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 10, 2017, 22:12 Kxmode

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:55:
Gearbox had to have been ignorant of their business to a certain degree because it only became a problem when Total Biscuit basically spelled it out for them when they asked why he boycotted their titles for supporting G2A.

That's the point. Gearbox was no longer ignorant after TB let them know and they went to G2A to demand if this exclusive deal happens with you people you need to make assurances (which they lined out). After all that, G2A behaved like Gearbox was still ignorant of their business. Make sense?

12. Planetcoster The TRON Experience Apr 10, 2017, 21:47 Kxmode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3iHTQR-xOk Wow!  

News Comments > NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: ULTIMATE NINJA STORM LEGACY
2. Re: [redacted] Apr 10, 2017, 21:46 Kxmode

Ah, Japan. Purveyors of the most challenging game titles to remember.

News Comments > G2A Responds to Gearbox
1. RE: G2A Responds to Gearbox Apr 10, 2017, 21:39 Kxmode

So what they're doing, in a very passive damage-control way, is blaming Gearbox for being ignorant of their business. If these requests are "part of our marketplace" G2A could have easily provided Gearbox with the assurances they wanted. I think I'm going to side with Gearbox on this.

4. Re: Apr 10, 2017, 21:29 Kxmode

"Blackwood Crossing" was released last week under the radar (saw nothing on this site). $16 on Steam. I wanted to pick this up but completely forgot about it. Anyhow, looks like a great indie title. (trailer)  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2017, 02:03 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 22:44:
Huh, I always hated Dr. Strange. World class surgeon, bon vivant, man about town and and ginormous douchebag all in one. Cripples himself

Is that not the same plot for Iron Man?

10. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 9, 2017, 01:51 Kxmode

Heiner Bielefeldt, the former UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, explains why freedom of religion is so important.

And Vladimir Vasilyevich Ryakhovskiy, Member of the Presidential Council for Civil Society and Human Rights, puts it perfectly: "It has always started with Jehovah’s Witnesses and then spread to everyone else."

There are more secular experts weighing in on video at JW.org. I understand the URL will cause hesitation, so just know the content of the page only has links to video clips with the experts giving their feedback (feel free to ignore everything else). Fundamentally, what's at stake is the authorities using labels like "extremist" as permission to target minority groups (not just religions). You may not care, but it is essential to fundamental freedoms; one of which is the freedom to worship God; whatever that may be to the individual.

It's worth noting that The Russian Federation is NOT The Soviet Union. Russia adopted a United States-like constitution in 1991 after the Soviet Union dissolved. The articles provide its citizens with many freedoms like religion and expression. It would be a mistake to think this could never happen in the United States.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2017, 02:45.

41. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 8, 2017, 23:50 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 07:47:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 02:47:
The situation with the neighbor's dogs has to be the most stressful event I've found myself in. It's raining and cold over here in California, and I didn't know how the dogs were doing or if they had shelter, food, or what. The worse is the owner left the property two weeks ago (he's a renter). He abandoned his dogs. I have great news to report! The Chief of Police emailed me tonight:

"Animal Services responded to check on the dogs today. Some food was left by the Animal Services Officer and the dogs appeared to be in acceptable health at that time. A note was left requesting contact from the owner and we’ve received no response. The plan now is that the dogs will be taken into protective custody tomorrow by our Animal Services staff."

It's been a very long six months but I'm relieved for the dogs, and I'll finally be able to get peace and quiet. Win-Win for us both!

Poor pooches. I hope they're sent to a no-kill shelter. I don't hope the same for their ex-owners.

I hope so. But the situation had become unbearable for both myself, the neighbors, and the dogs. Had the city not acted they would've died from starvation. If euthanized, that would be more humane and less painful. I do hope the city can rehabilitate them and put them to work as police dogs.

I'm working with an animal advocate to track down where this monster moved to and place him on a DO NOT ADOPT list with area shelters to ensure no dog will ever suffer through another ordeal.

37. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 8, 2017, 02:53 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 18:47:
That being said, I thought The Island was pretty good.

I'd love to see a sequel to The Island. There's a great follow-up story worth telling.

36. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 8, 2017, 02:47 Kxmode

The situation with the neighbor's dogs has to be the most stressful event I've found myself in. It's raining and cold over here in California, and I didn't know how the dogs were doing or if they had shelter, food, or what. The worse is the owner left the property two weeks ago (he's a renter). He abandoned his dogs. I have great news to report! The Chief of Police emailed me tonight:

"Animal Services responded to check on the dogs today. Some food was left by the Animal Services Officer and the dogs appeared to be in acceptable health at that time. A note was left requesting contact from the owner and we’ve received no response. The plan now is that the dogs will be taken into protective custody tomorrow by our Animal Services staff."

It's been a very long six months but I'm relieved for the dogs, and I'll finally be able to get peace and quiet. Win-Win for us both!

12595 Comments. 630 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo