Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11745 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing
10. Re: Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing Oct 6, 2016, 23:59 Kxmode

Shok wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 22:08:
Still waiting for $20-$30 sale price before I buy it. Luckily I saw enough of the leaked footage to hold me off and wait for reviews.

It's not even worth that. In its current form, it's a $10 game.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Whatís the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 6, 2016, 13:04 Kxmode

The Bible's view and the belief of millions are that humans have the capacity to live much longer than 115 years. The Bible states we have the capacity to live forever and were designed to do just that. It even says in Ecclesiastes 3:11 that God "has even put eternity in their heart," which explains why so many people believe they can live forever today. Unfortunately, inherited Adamic sin mars our ability to do so. (Romans 5:12) The good news is this miserable condition will soon be expunged. (Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:4) After that, age, cellular degradation, and a multitude of other infirmities will no longer have a stranglehold on our lives. We will, in effect, have perpetual lifespans.

I know many of you don't hold these views. I would kindly ask that you be tolerant of a point of view you don't have.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2016, 13:26.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed
5. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 6, 2016, 12:23 Kxmode

It remains a unique experience with lovable characters, a brilliant storytelling and a gameplay mixing driving, fighting, collaborating, photographingÖ

And they'll toss that all out the window by making BG&E2 an FPS.

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
57. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Oct 6, 2016, 00:36 Kxmode

NasWulf wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 08:04:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 12:30:
Your reasoning is logical considering I received the information from Derek, who has, in my own words, a history of being less than truthful with the facts. Thanks for reminding me why I became indifferent.

but yet you gladly jump on any chance to show your allegiance to DS at any givin moment ... /rolleyes

And you wonder why people loathe the Star Citizen community. Way to represent your community proud, cornbread biscuit brain (sorry for the harsh language).

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2016, 00:41.

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Oct 6, 2016, 00:20 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 17:14:
This routine of "anyone questioning me is muddying up the forum / being mean" is getting really old man.

My last comment was an attempt to end the side conversation and bring it back to the topic of Early Access. It was not about you. However, now that you want to make it about you let's continue this backyard nonsense, shall we?

You said Valve had "ironclad refusal to honor refund requests" and then yourself linked to honored refund requests...

What I wrote is, "Valve's ironclad refusal to honor refund requests (regardless of time played)." The words in the parenthesis necessarily accompany my point. The four links I provide in another comment are articles correctly pointing out cases where people had received refunds with more than 2 logged hours (and in one instance 70+). They had nothing to do with me.

So you then switched to complaining that it was inconsistent with their refund policy.

It is inconsistent. Valve informs customers on their refund page, "if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours." The follow-up sentence, "if you fall outside of the refund rules weíve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and weíll take a look." This apparently means if someone tries to get a refund after playing for 70 hours for "bad performanceĒ he or she might actually get a refund. That Valve DID issue refunds for those reasons with that many hours logged is the contention.

Whereupon I linked you the refund policy that says exceptions can be made... So it's really not inconsistent with the policy when the policy itself says such exceptions are possible.

See my comment above. The four links in my earlier comment show that Valve was issuing refunds to people with more than two hours logged, and in one case 70+ hours. A policy is only useful if followed. Valve has not followed theirs consistently. I would even suggest because they do not follow their policy consistently they are probably granting refunds for games with 10, 20, or possibly even 30+ hours logged.

But what I really don't understand, is how such exceptions can be seen as a negative by you.

See what I wrote above.

It's exactly what you want, is it not? An exception to be made for this game and for you (or those you're advocating for).

No. I am saying Valve should honor their policy to the letter across the board, except in rare cases where there is a valid claim (this should happen well within 2 hours; e.g. a poorly performing game should be apparent within minutes). Alternatively, Valve needs to abolish their refund policy altogether and move to a case-by-case system. At the moment their system appears to be dictated by the emotional whims of whoever is answering the refund request, and success based on whether the employee had enough coffee that morning or got a pay raise. Valve cannot run an operation like that. It is unprofessional.

I don't mind that you disagree, you can have your opinion. But when someone challenges that opinion and the basis for it, such conversation is not off topic or harassment...

Because after FOUR comments, I thought I made my point very clear. This will be my FIFTH post on the topic. I do hope by now you will get the gist.

and now to pull a page from your book, I don't appreciate my words being described as "word mud".

Please tell me I do not need to explain what quoting words with smiling emojis means. I am too tired to get into a long drawn out cogitative discussion on that.

I sincerely hope this is the last comment I need to post about this. I thought I answered all your points as succinctly as I could.

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled program on Steam and Early Access.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 23:22 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 22:24:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 16:35:
I don't have an active credit card and I also don't have consumer debt... so knock yourself out!

All jokes aside, not sure I understand the correlation between preordering and silence from Hello Games. It is like I said, "That football game was awesome!" and you reply, "Your carbon footprint is destroying the planet."

What he's trying to say is that you're annoying and to stop getting involved in games that aren't finished or reviewed.

Now I know you don't know to comprehend. The link was for the number of Google results for "No Man's Sky silence." In other words, there's a growing number of people wondering why Hello Games has gone silent for so long. And then I followed up with a comment that it had absolutely NOTHING to do with my purchase of No Man's Sky or even a complaint.

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

Side note: I have never told any of you what to spend your money on either jokingly or in seriousness. What I do with my money is none of your business light bright.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2016, 23:27.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 17:53 Kxmode

1badmf wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 17:26:
yeah i would gladly pay for hbo if it was like $10 a month

Westworld is included in the HBO NOW service for $15/mo. No Cable services required. You get all the same programs that the cable version has, all commercial free. Enjoy!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 17:46 Kxmode

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 16:41:
It's more that you make bad choices and then we have to hear about them. :)

I try to keep my "rumblings" to a minimum or at least contained to the forum at hand.

However, in my defense, I wasn't complaining. I was merely posting a link to the number of Google results for "No Man's Sky silence." In other words, there's a growing number of people wondering why Hello Games has gone silent for so long. I thought that was a noteworthy Out of the Blue item.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 16:35 Kxmode

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 16:22:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 16:03:
1.1 million results for No Man's Sky Silence.

We're taking away your credit cards, you're not allowed to make any more impulse purchases...

I don't have an active credit card and I also don't have consumer debt... so knock yourself out!

All jokes aside, not sure I understand the correlation between preordering and silence from Hello Games. It is like I said, "That football game was awesome!" and you reply, "Your carbon footprint is destroying the planet."

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 16:03 Kxmode

1.1 million results for No Man's Sky Silence.  

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Oct 5, 2016, 15:25 Kxmode

Slashman wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 10:10:
We're kind of veering off topic though.

Early Access is the focus here and whether or not Valve needs to do more to ensure that EA games are being delivered as promised or removed from the store.

I was trying to bring the conversation to a swift and amicable conclusion by providing brief responses, but I agree. It did get a bit off topic. My apologies to anyone who waded through our "word mud."

As far as EA goes, it's an odd conundrum. I imagine the EA library represents a significant windfall for Valve and EA. However, EA doesn't want to spend any time or money doing anything to their legacy products especially when they have Origin and their monthly subscription. They want to "set it and forget it."

Edit: Whoops... E.A., not EA. Need more coffee.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 5, 2016, 14:30 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 10:52:
Yeah, right. Back to upset kiddies whining about their pre-purchases in 3 - 2 - 1.

Is it your worldview to label anyone who has a valid or invalid complaint a child, or do you simply like to hurl baseless accusations like candy because "it's fun"?

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 23:26 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 23:20:
Yes I read the article. I've also read Valve's refund policy.

"It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules weíve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and weíll take a look."

If someone logs 70 hours and requests a refund because of ďbad performanceĒ or ďfalse advertisingĒ that doesn't qualify for a refund, period. That fact that they issued refunds for those reasons with that many hours logged shows inconsistent behaviour with their return policy. That's one of the reasons I won't pre-order on Steam.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 23:05 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 21:32:
Because someone pre-ordered a game, played 40+ hours of same and is having a hissy fit that they would not refund his money. quite sad actually

I'm only going to ask you one question. Did you buy and play No Man Sky? If you didn't, you have no idea what 40 hours means in NMS.

Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 21:43:
I thought you were saying that they weren't honoring refunds in any circumstances regardless of time played... which would seem to exclude the 2 hour window... which would not be true.

But yes, I know there was some confusion spread by those articles and that's why Valve had to put up the notice. I don't see this as Valve's fault.

From the Geek.com article (the first "this" link). "However, No Manís Sky refunds are apparently being issued to gamers who have logged over 70 hours of play time. How is that possible? It simply comes down to selecting the correct reason for the refund. In this case selecting ďbad performanceĒ or ďfalse advertisingĒ will trigger the refund." In other words, they are not strictly enforcing their policy, which means this is probably happening more than we know. Including "(regardless of time played)" was my way of saying Valve had issued refunds to people in the past with more than 2-hours logged, and likely continue to do today. Their inconsistency is one of the reasons why I won't do preorders.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2016, 23:21.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 20:51 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 20:40:
(regardless of time played)

No it's the same refund policy as any other game...

"within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime"

Why should No Man's Sky have a different Steam refund model than any other game on the service?

Because of this, this, this, and this. It led to enough confusion that Valve was forced to add a brief refund policy statement above the Add to Cart button on the NMS Steam page; AFAIK the only game on Steam to have this.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 20:27 Kxmode

Because the same 'under construction' label is applied to each project, the burden is placed on the player to research and understand the exact state of the game, interpret the developer's roadmap, and dig up other nuances that distinguish the often radically different approaches of Early Access developers.

I understand in very rare cases crowdfunding and early access works, but most of the time it's chaos. The quote above is the reason why I stopped backing these projects. They just never provide enough information upfront to know if it is worth putting money into it or if they can even deliver on what they pitch. Star Citizen was the most egregious example of doing this, but I've seen smaller developers pitch shovelware games.

And after what happened with No Man's Sky, and Valve's ironclad refusal to honor refund requests (regardless of time played) under a mountain of evidence that says Sean Murray use false advertising, I'm done with preorders too.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2016, 20:35.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 13:12 Kxmode

Timmeh wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 10:43:
Happy year 5777...

Because we all know the earth is only 6,000 years old.. nay the entire multiverse.

The Jewish nation is 5,777 years old (the earth is 4 billion according to scientific evidence).

Here's more information on the Hebrew calendar. "The Israelites used such a lunisolar, or bound solar, calendar. This is evident from the fact that Jehovah established the beginning of their sacred year with the month Abib in the spring and specified the celebration of certain festivals on fixed dates, festivals that were related to harvest seasons. For these dates to have coincided with the particular harvests, there had to be a calendar arrangement that would synchronize with the seasons by compensating for the difference between the lunar and solar years." (source). Reference scriptures: Exodus 12:1-14; 23:15, 16; Leviticus 23:4-16 and an infographic of the Hebrew Calendar

They go by two calendars: the Gregorian (secular) and the Hebrew (religious/tradition). The Hebrew calendar continues to exist today to help identify when to celebrate Yom Kippur, Rosh Hashanah, Passover, and an array of other holidays. Those celebrations had particular dates that only work under the Hebrew calendar.

As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, the only "holiday" we commemorate is the memorial of Jesus Christ's death. Since he instituted this immediately following the Passover (he and his apostles celebrated Passover as per the Jewish custom) we observe our annual observance on Nissan 14 (the Passover date); which changes every year. Next year, Nissan 14 will fall on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 (for us).

Edit: Updated information

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2016, 20:39.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 12:52 Kxmode

When I was young and ignorant, I thought Rosh Hashanah was a famous actor. Speaking of ignorance, I learned two new things over the weekend that blew my mind. The first is the Danish idiom hygge (pronounced "hoo-ga") and it means coziness. From what I learned it's anything that is comfortable, cozy and makes you smile. So, for example, in Copenhagen, they have porridge cafes (that's considered hygge). They also have laundromats with cafes where people can conversate (that's considered hygge). The second thing I learned is Stroopwafel, which literally means "syrup waffle." This tasty treat is popular in the Netherlands, where they were first made in the city of Gouda (the same town that invented the famous cheese).  

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
25. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 2, 2016, 20:23 Kxmode

The Magician wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 06:02:
That's kinda funny, but also fraudulent use of the chargeback capability, which could be a felony.

This. It seems to me that these people are taking their dissatisfaction to Cape Fear levels. Many states have harassment laws that make it a criminal offense to commit acts with an intent to annoy, harass, or intimidate another person. The specific mentioning of mailed fecal matter would be grounds for criminal charges if the intent was abusive in nature, which it was (e.g. mailing fecal matter to a researcher vs mailing it to abuse someone).

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm New Hero Reveal Next Week
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm New Hero Reveal Next Week Sep 30, 2016, 18:16 Kxmode

Gamon  

11745 Comments. 588 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo