Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11744 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
69. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 21:36 Kxmode

BadIronTree wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 11:08:
https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/OddSheepRuleFive
https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/CarefulBeePMSTwin
https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/DelightfulWalrusKeepo
Highlights

https://youtu.be/XuDj5v81Nd0?t=1h25m22s
<3 <3 <3

No disrespect to current backers but I'm going to call it. This is No Man's Sky level of nonsense. I have no idea what Chris is making. This is not the game he pitched on Kickstarter or even on the RSI website prior to 20M. What is he making?

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
68. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 21:29 Kxmode

68 comments in! Am I too late to the party? Party  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > Steam Top 10ish
6. Re: Steam Top 10ish Oct 9, 2016, 17:35 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 16:00:
J wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 15:22:
nin wrote on Oct 9, 2016, 15:01:
Mafia III
Mafia III
Sid Meierís Civilizationģ VI
Mafia III

OMG HL3 CONFERMED!!!!!!!!!

Mafia III is in position 1, 2, and 4. This adds up to 7.
Sid Meierís Civilizationģ VI is in position 3 and 9. This adds up to 12.
7 divided by 12 equals 0.583333333. It all points to 3! Even 8 - 5 = 3. It's a sign! Valve were not responsible for 9/11. That'd be 0.8181818181 after all. No 3's.

So far in this thread, I've seen nothing but hard science, backed up by rigorous measurements by impartial groups. HL3 Confirmed.

"That's cute." - Gabe Newell

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2016, 22:54 Kxmode

Dacote wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 16:33:
After watching the second episode of Westworld i am a believer. HBO has another winner.

I noticed there's a growing trend on premium services like HBO and Hulu to produced smaller 8-, 9-, 10-part series. Is that more cost effective than creating multi-season series?

31. Re: Whatís the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 8, 2016, 22:32 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 18:02:
You forgot to mention how the world is flat, Kx. If you want to believe in a supreme being, that's fine -- it's your right. But believing the apocryphal stories of the Bible, that's over the top...

I'm not forcing you or anyone else to believe what I believe. I am only conveying the information I learned. You can do whatever you want with it. I only felt the need to say something because of the article about scientists saying the longest humans can live is 115 years. God's Word begs to differ.

I find it absolutely fascinating that so many put faith in Superstring theory and yet there's no evidence that it exists. I don't knock people for believing in such a thing. In fact, I find Superstring theory interesting and I'm open to the possibility that it could be true.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2016, 22:38.

30. Re: Whatís the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 8, 2016, 22:19 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 01:06:
Any more detail on the research in the PDF?

Nope. The focus of my study was on the prophecies from Deuteronomy 28:49-64 and their fulfillment. I wanted to see how many actually happened as God foretold.

The left side is a passage from Deuteronomy and the right other passages from OT books?

Yes. Specifically, the numbers on the left side are the verses from chapter 28 (49-64).

Are those books in chronological order?

The prophecies and the fulfillments happened in order but recorded in different OT books. A large section of biblical books is not arranged in chronological order. For example, the events found in Ezra and Nehemiah occurred after the 70-year Jewish exile in Babylon ended (the book of Daniel records those events), and the book of Job occurred before the Exodus story (Job was a relative of Abraham who lived in Midian). So yeah, the Bible can get confusing. This is primarily the reason why I did the research. I first wanted to see if all of Jehovah's prophecies had a fulfillment, and then reassemble them in chronical order for my edification (and yours if you grabbed the PDF).

You can use them somehow to match up to dates?

Absolutely. You would need to learn when the books were written and then correlate them with the events of Jerusalem's destruction in 607 BCE, and after. If memory serves the fulfillments of Deuteronomy 28:64-68 takes place over the course of many years, after Jerusalem's destruction, with the few remaining Jews who had not been captured and taken into Babylonian exile. In an ironic twist of fate, Jehovah warned the nation in verse 68 that they would sell themselves back to the Egyptians; the very same people who brutally enslaved them for 400 years.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed
4. Re: Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed Oct 8, 2016, 19:19 Kxmode

I don't have anything against crowdfunding as long as the company has a solid history of delivering, which they do with Wasteland 2. So I'm happy for their success and to anyone who backed them.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2016, 00:54 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 20:06:
Yet there was a video of them with an intern on Conan's show who has a medical perscription, and we don't know if A)either of them do or B) it was actual pot they were smoking.

I think it's safe to rule out A, although B might be true... if they're acting they should win a pair of Grammy's.

26. Re: Whatís the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 7, 2016, 23:57 Kxmode

Thanks for the questions bigspender. Let me see if I can answer each separately.

bigspender wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:05:
Not trying to argue. But genuinely curious if you believe in the whole Noah's Ark thing?

I do, and not on blind faith but evidence.

For example, what would be the results of a rapid, global deluge on the earth and people afterwards? Before the Deluge, humans had lifespans of hundreds of years. The Bible documents people, like Noah, having lived 400, 500, 600 and more. Those lifespans were not uncommon much like it is not unusual for people today to live until 80, and 90. However, after the flood, human lifespans dropped very rapidly. Why?

The first reason is the suggestion that before the Flood the earth was cocooned in a kind of bio-shield consisting of a humid, sub-tropical environment favorable for metabolism, health, longevity, and so forth. One person noted (I can find the video if you are interested; it is quite fascinating) that any cuts and scars would have healed in hours like Wolverine's mutant level of healing.

A second reason is that before the Flood the waters above the expanse shielded out the vast majority of harmful radiation. Once gone, this significantly increased harmful, genetic-damaging, cosmic radiation in humans. It is interesting to note that any change in radiation would have altered the formation rate of radioactive carbon-14 to such a degree to invalidate all radiocarbon dates before the Flood. In other words, carbon dating cannot go beyond a certain point in earth's history unless scientists figure it out and adjust for earth's radiation prior to the Flood.

A third reason relates to the immediate opening of "all the springs of the vast watery deep" and "the floodgates of the heavens" mentioned in Genesis 7:11. Countless billions of tons of water dumped on the earth, the weight of which would have produced tremendous changes in earthís surface. For example, the earthís crust, which is relatively thin and varies in thickness, is stretched over a rather pliable mass thousands of kilometers in diameter. Hence, under the added weight of the Flood water would have likely caused a great shift in the crust. In time new mountains evidently were thrust upward, ancient mountains rose to new heights, shallow sea basins deepened, and new shorelines created all resulting in 70†percent of the surface covered with water.

A fourth reason is the shifting in the earthís crust may account for many geologic phenomena, like seed and tropical plants appearing in hostile environments such as Antarctica. Some have estimated that water pressures alone were equal to ď2†tons per square inch,Ē sufficient to fossilize fauna and flora quickly. Moreover, creatures, like woolly mammoths, near the earth's poles would have rapidly froze with food still in their mouths. (See The Biblical Flood and the Ice Epoch, by D.†Patten, 1966, p.†62.)

Those provide the kind of "scientific" evidence. However, the most important reason is the evidence from God himself who "cannot lie" (Titus 1:2). A few years ago I spent several evenings studying and researching the "maledictions" Jehovah warned the newly formed nation of Israel would suffer if they broke their covenant, or contract, with Him. My research is available in PDF format if you would like to see the details. There were several fascinating finds for me. First, Jehovah did not destroy the nation at the first slight. Instead, for close to 1,600 years (from 1530 B.C.E. until 607 B.C.E.) he mercifully worked with them through prophets like Samuel and Isaiah and good kings like David and Josiah to constantly bring them back to their promised agreements. It showed a significant level of restraint and patience on his part. Second, the quantity and details of the prophecies are incredible. That they all happened as stated over a thousand years later is amazing. Finally, there's also the evidence that every prophecy in the Bible, which had a fulfillment in the past, has come true. Not one has ever been wrong or different. That, more than anything else, is the substance that builds faith. It is essential for a Christian because faith is "the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen," in other words, faith in something has to be based on real evidence, and not on passive feelings. (Hebrews 11:1)

All of the above is why I believe the flood happened.

bigspender wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:05:
I'm struggling to comprehend how big the boat must have been to fit so many animals onto it. (I haven't read the bible, so wondering if it says anything about the size of the ship?)

You would be astonished to know that the Bible not only lists the size and dimensions, but it even shows that Jehovah instructed Noah how to build it.

I think, for the sake of this reply, it would be worth briefly reading Genesis 6:13-16 for context. It reads, "(13) After that God said to Noah: ďI have decided to put an end to all flesh, because the earth is full of violence on account of them, so I am bringing them to ruin together with the earth. (14) Make for yourself an ark from resinous wood. You will make compartments in the ark and cover it with tar inside and outside. (15) This is how you will make it: The ark should be 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. (16) You will make a window for light for the ark, one cubit from the top. You should put the entrance of the ark in its side and make it with a lower deck, a second deck, and a third deck." Jehovah was VERY specific in his instructions. For instance, Noah was directed to use a particular type of resinous wood and tar (in early Bible translations "bitumen" is used to identify the type of water-resistant substance commonly found in the middle east). History shows that doors and posts made of cypress are reported to have lasted 1,100 years. Also, Noah was told not merely to caulk the seams but to ďcover [the ark] inside and outside with tar.Ē No doubt the Ark was a massive construction project that involved Noah and his entire family. Bare in mind they did not have modern tools. It took around 50 years to complete.

Consider this. It wasn't Noah's Ark. It was Jehovah's Ark. He was the architect. Noah was only the general contractor. The Ark's dimensions were given to Noah by Jehovah for a particular reason. It had to be large enough to carry creatures ďof every sort of flesh, two of each" (Genesis 6:18-21), plus food and water for everyone including Noah and his family.

Many argue that the size of the Ark was too restrictive or small to hold that many creatures, especially since such sources as The Encyclopedia Americana indicate that there are upwards of 1,300,000 species of animals. (1977, Vol.†1, pp.†859-873) However, over 60†percent of these are insects. Breaking these figures down further, of the 24,000 amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals, 10,000 are birds, 9,000 are reptiles and amphibians, many of which could have survived outside the ark, and only 5,000 are mammals, including whales and porpoises, which would have also remained outside the ark.

Other researchers estimate that there are only about 290 species of land animals larger than sheep and about 1,360 smaller than rats. (The Deluge Story in Stone, by B.†C.†Nelson, 1949, p.†156; The Flood in the Light of the Bible, Geology, and Archaeology, by A.†M.†Rehwinkel, 1957, p.†69) So, even if estimates had been based on these expanded figures, the ark could easily have accommodated a pair of all these land animals.

Hope that wasn't TLDR, and I was able to answer your questions.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2016, 00:44.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 7, 2016, 19:30 Kxmode

Pretty sure Wiz and Conan committed a misdemeanour for possession of marijuana. It is still illegal in California for recreational purposes.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2016, 15:48 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 14:31:
Hope all of our East Coast Bluesers affected by Matthew are staying safe.

Absolutely. Please be safe and heed your government official's warnings to evacuate if they make the call.

Coincidently I think Hurricane Matthew is a perfect metaphor for the legacy of Christopher Columbus.

News Comments > Styx: Shards Of Darkness Delay; Trailer
3. Re: Styx: Shards Of Darkness Delay; Trailer Oct 7, 2016, 14:24 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:55:
While I commend a dev for delaying a game in order to get it right (and don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking them for it) I just hate the way they characterize it! They have to 'adapt' to Unreal4? C'mon. What's to 'adapt' to?! It's the Unreal engine! There might be some new goodies but it isn't a huge paradigm shift! And if you switched the game over, you've had to have known how to use Unreal4 in order to do so. So, what, exactly are you 'adapting' to? Or is this just bullshit PR speak, like usual? (That I hate with a passion! )

Just say, 'We're finishing moving the game over to Unreal4 from Unreal3'. Simple, to the point, honest and doesn't treat your customer base like drooling idiots that like shiny words

I have several small Unity 4 projects that break when I open them up in Unity 5. So yeah, updating a game from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4 sounds like a big deal. And Unreal 4 has stuff that 3 doesn't, thus the reason they want to praise all the new features.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2016, 13:37 Kxmode

In other news, Happy Plaidurday!  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing
20. Re: Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing Oct 7, 2016, 12:22 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 08:07:
Drayth wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:02:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:59:
Shok wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 22:08:
Still waiting for $20-$30 sale price before I buy it. Luckily I saw enough of the leaked footage to hold me off and wait for reviews.

It's not even worth that. In its current form, it's a $10 game.

It's not even worth that. In its current form, it's a $5 game.

Okay I'll keep this going...

It's not even worth that. In its current form, it's a 25Ę game.

If NMS were a large crustacean from a certain Scottish Loch I wouldn't even give it tree fiddy.

12. Re: Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing Oct 7, 2016, 01:02 Kxmode

Drayth wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 01:02:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:59:
Still waiting for $20-$30 sale price before I buy it. Luckily I saw enough of the leaked footage to hold me off and wait for reviews.

It's not even worth that. In its current form, it's a $5 game.

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
19. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 01:01 Kxmode

Why do publishers continue to wait until the last minute (or never) to tell people important things like a 30 FPS lock?

21. Re: Whatís the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 7, 2016, 00:57 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 16:54:
I've invested in tissue futures.

Are you referring to Kleenex or body parts?

20. Re: Whatís the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 7, 2016, 00:28 Kxmode

LanikTnt wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 17:43:
First thing I thought when I saw that article link was that after Moses man's days were numbered 120 years.

That is an excellent point worth noting. Thanks for sharing!

Although, if this is not too bold of me I would like to point out two corrections based on my Biblical studies.

The first is the 120 years. For context, the source of that comes from Genesis 6:3 which reads, "Then Jehovah said: 'My spirit will not tolerate man indefinitely because he is only flesh. Accordingly, his days will amount to 120 years.'" He was not placing a timestamp on man's age, but he was, in fact, saying how long he would wait until he brought the flood. (Compare 2 Peter 3:9)

The second is the man in question was Noah. The "120 years" was a judgment period Jehovah had decided to wait to give Noah enough time to raise his family, build the Ark, and warn the people of his day of the impending great flood. (Compare Matthew 24:36-39, Hebrews 11:7). Certainly, we know not many heeded his warning. Only 8 survived.

A fascinating summary of Noah's story can be found at 2 Peter 2:4-9. Specifically, in verse 4 it explains what happened to those angels who came to earth, corrupted it with their "demi-god" Nephilim children (Genesis 6:1-4) and left when the flood came.

Anyhow, I find the Bible and the study of it just as enjoyable as playing video games. It is a fascinating book filled with the events of people's lives; some good, others not so good. More than anything, it provides me with hope for a bright future when humans will not live in such wretched conditions today.

News Comments > More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart
59. Re: More Star Citizen vs Derek Smart Oct 7, 2016, 00:01 Kxmode

@NasWulf

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

10. Re: Quoteworthy: Geoff Keighley on No Man's Sky's Pricing Oct 6, 2016, 23:59 Kxmode

11744 Comments. 588 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo