Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16036 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Reviews

36. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 22, 2019, 21:04 Kxmode

Shock wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:44:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 12:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 11:41:
The titles of these reviews are an experience in themselves.

The Outer Worlds - A Game More than Half of PC Gamers Won't Play at Launch

There are no games that more than half of all PC Gamers play at launch

It means the PC gamers who use Steam and/or other platforms (collectively making up more than half of all PC gamers) won't buy the game on Epic's store during it's year-long exclusive (launch day included).

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2019, 23:45.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > September Digital Sales Charts

1. Re: September Digital Sales Charts Oct 22, 2019, 20:59 Kxmode

Looks like Classic might be a blip for WOW. Personally, I'm enjoying it but numbers don't lie.

Glad to see Fortnite drop so steeply. Hopefully this will neuter or substantially impair Epic's ability to do exclusives.

First time I've seen GTA5 fall off the list. Perhaps perfect timing with RDR2 PC coming out next month. Likely to become the new GTA5 Online.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Out of the Blue

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2019, 20:17 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 20:12:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:57:
Californians can't have a stock-traded utility arbitrarily deciding to shut off power to almost a million people or more at random.
Okay, I'll admit I was cutting them more slack than they probably deserve. However, I was trying to focus on where they are, not how they got there. The power shut offs aren't arbitrary given the fact they've been successfully sued for causing fires. Like I said, it comes down to death by fire or death by power loss -- I'm sure they'll be happy to do whatever the state tells them to do.

A fair point worth considering.

Another point worth considering is bankrupted PG&E rejected San Francisco's 2.5 billion offer to buy the city's electric grid. PG&E is in no position to reject almost three billion when they can't adequately service the power grid.

"
"Our San Francisco-based facilities are not for sale and to do so would not be consistent with our charter to operate or our mission to serve Northern and Central California communities," said PG&E CEO and President Bill Johnson in the letter.

"We aren't surprised by PG&E's response so far. We're also not giving up," the statement said. "Now more than ever, it is clear that we must take back control of San Francisco's electric service and achieve energy independence."

"

Further, in 1987, PG&E put in a bid for Sacramento Municipal Utility District. The deal never went through and since 1946 Sacramento's greater region receives it electricity from SMUD. We don't have black- or brownouts proving that a publicly owned regional power utility can run the operation better than a stock traded mega-corporation. Literally, power to the people!

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2019, 20:33.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2019, 19:57 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:47:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:41:
3) Go fix their equipment. But they can't do that because they're bankrupt. So the better options is to 4) have the state declare imminent domain on PG&E's equipment and break it apart to regional providers. PG&E failure is they're too big.
I don't know the specifics, but I'd bet the odds are while they could/should have been done more repairs and replacements than they have, it is probably also true they didn't have the cash to fix everything which needed fixing without rate hikes they couldn't get. And what makes you think any regional provider is going to take on equipment which needs major repairs unless they get a sweetheart deal and/or sufficient rate hikes. Pretty much no matter what, California has some hard choices ahead...

As a publicly-traded company, before all these wildfires happened, they had the money but neglected their equipment for decades. Their carelessness resulted in lawsuits ending in the lack of funds to repair their stuff. It's complete negligence and a lack of foresight on PG&E's part. If they can't maintain their equipment, then they're in dereliction of duty, and the state should declare eminent domain. Californians can't have a stock-traded utility arbitrarily deciding to shut off power to almost a million people or more at random.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2019, 19:46 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:44:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:26:
It was a catch-22 situation before PG&E got sued for starting fires. Now they can pretty much say, "Toyota! You asked for it, you got it!" The choice is 1) cut the power and risk causing deaths due to the power loss or 2) don't cut the power and risk causing deaths due to fires. I'm sure the power companies will be happy to not cut the power if they are provided assurances they won't be sued if fires start from power lines.
6 out of 10 of the most destructive fires in California were started by electrical equipment. You can expect planned power outages for years to come.
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/21/771280208/are-blackouts-the-future-for-california
Burying powerlines costs millions per mile and PG&E has 81,000 miles of line.
California utilities have been underspending on tree trimming for years and regulators are noticing.
New tech is on the way but you can be sure of one thing, consumers will end up paying more for electricity.

Makes you wish Tesla could have lived long enough for his dream of "free energy" for the world to become a reality.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2019, 19:41 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 19:26:
It was a catch-22 situation before PG&E got sued for starting fires. Now they can pretty much say, "Toyota! You asked for it, you got it!" The choice is 1) cut the power and risk causing deaths due to the power loss or 2) don't cut the power and risk causing deaths due to fires. I'm sure the power companies will be happy to not cut the power if they are provided assurances they won't be sued if fires start from power lines.

3) Go fix their equipment. But they can't do that because they're bankrupt. So the better options is to 4) have the state declare imminent domain on PG&E's equipment and break it apart to regional providers. PG&E failure is they're too big.

14. Re: Retro Dust II Map Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Counter-Strike Oct 22, 2019, 19:38 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 14:48:
Drej wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 11:41:
I'm excited for the last Star Wars. A lot of fans have become jaded against the series (for some good reasons), but I'm excited to see the ending to the current saga.

I'm mildly interested but not especially. It looks like the JJ Abrams ending is going to be Palpatine coming back and getting his ass kicked. Which is kind of cheesy to me.

I honestly don't know how you tell a good 3rd part of the trilogy after The Last Jedi. TLJ basically should have been the first movie, not the second.

All in all I'm far less enthusiastic than I was after watching Rogue One.

According to the official extended universe lore, Palpatine is the most powerful practitioner of the Sith ways in modern times. In his studies, on the Sith world of Korriban, he unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron that gave him surprising insights into both the light and dark side.

The combined knowledge resulted in an immense surge of dark side energy, empowering him with great strength. However, it came at the cost of ravaging his body. Primarily the source of his power was also killing him. So to counter this abnormal consumption of dark side energy, Palpatine turned to a bizarre combination of technology and Sith magic. Something he learned from his predecessor, Plagueis.

Palpatine used cloning cylinders to create a store of younger bodies and employed an ancient Sith technique to transfer his consciousness into a waiting clone. Thus, Palpatine could avoid death indefinitely -- as long as his supply of clones remained intact. At the time of his death, he would change his form again and again, essentially gaining immortality.

To protect this long-term investment, Palpatine constructed a secret throne-world deep within Byss's galactic core. Here, he kept his clones safe, protected by a loyal cadre of Dark Side Adepts.

Now, it is worth noting that in the extended universe, it merely states, "he kept a crop of younger bodies." Perhaps among them were clones of himself, but he likely had many that were not clones. I feel Snoke was Palpatine in another form. If so, you would think he'd have learned from Vader not to underestimate an apprentice. lol [The Last Jedi spoiler]

Anyhow the information above came from an April 19, 2008, StarWars.com snapshot . https://tinyurl.com/y3t3g3wf

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2019, 19:21 Kxmode

More California Blackouts To Avert Wildfires May Start Wednesday, PG&E Says

"We recognize the hardship that the recent PSPS event caused for millions of people and want to continue working with all key shareholders to lessen this burden going forward," Johnson wrote in a letter to the California Public Utilities Commission. "At the same time, we ask our customers, their families, and our local and state leaders to keep in mind that statistic that matters most: there were no catastrophic wildfires."

Similar logic:

1. You could get rid of an ant colony with a bazooka
2. You could discover the secret to weight loss at the bottom of a five-pound bag of M&M's
3. You could clean your dishes by smashing them on the ground
4. You could set your house on fire to get rid of termite
5. You could give your video game film rights to Uwe Boll because he has experience directing other video game films

General Discussion > Responsive layout

29. Re: Retro Oct 22, 2019, 19:12 Kxmode

arctic.vampire wrote on Oct 21, 2019, 11:10:
I do use the retro but it's not that big of a deal.
Whatever is easier..

It is a big deal. We want to support as many features from this site where we can.

News Comments > Deathwing Coming to Heroes of the Storm

3. Re: Deathwing Coming to Heroes of the Storm Oct 22, 2019, 19:11 Kxmode

Luke wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 16:38:
KS wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 14:41:

Heroes of the Storm

Not to be confused with heroes of the dictatorial storm in Hong Kong.

WHO is Hong Kong!

It's a rumble in the Kongle!

27. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 22, 2019, 17:48 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 17:13:
Darks wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 13:43:
aka_STEVE wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 13:39:
*Wishlisted.

maybe it will come to GOG.com

The game is also on MS Store. the new updated beta Store is pretty good now. But at least you got the option of going Microsoft rather then EGS.

That's like saying you'd rather have Aids than a cold.

That's an insult to AIDs.

18. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 22, 2019, 16:08 Kxmode

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 14:27:
So after looking over some reviews this games is basically Fallout but only far better because it isn't made Bethesda

LOL just read the reviews, they read like rage reviews but they score the game well.

"The Outer World's replacement for Fallout's VATS mode, yet lacks that system's strategic orientation and memorable sense of impact, thus ending up as a forgettable gimmick that adds little depth or colour to combat." 4/5

"There's nothing particularly wrong with it" 4/5

"The Outer Worlds adopts the most compelling innovations of modern Fallout games" 9/10 (Is that Fallout 76?, that's the most modern)

"An open world game also has to have open world bugs, right?" 9/10

"The Outer Worlds feels aimless for a long time" 8.5/10

"Combat isn't challenging, and enemies fit into worn categories" 79/100

"Combat isn't The Outer Worlds' strong suit, and it actually feels like the game wants you to spend more time talking your way through conflict." 4/5

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2019, 13:37 Kxmode

Happy Drug Take Back Day  

9. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 22, 2019, 13:35 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 12:44:
It's either a good game, or someone paid a lot of money for good reviews.

Must have been an epic amount of money.

5. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 22, 2019, 12:35 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 11:41:
The titles of these reviews are an experience in themselves.

The Outer Worlds - A Game More than Half of PC Gamers Won't Play at Launch

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2019, 20:17 Kxmode

Great Scott! Happy Back to the Future Day! Guess this is the fourth annual BttFD, as Marty McFly traveled forward to October 21, 2015.

Where we're going, we don't need roads. Race

Happy BTTF Day all!

News Comments > Steam Remote Play Together Beta

4. Re: Steam Remote Play Together Beta Oct 21, 2019, 20:15 Kxmode

raVen wrote on Oct 21, 2019, 19:08:
(and it is pretty cool that only the host has to install, that is new.)

I think that's Valve's dabbling into cloud gaming, which is pretty awesome, if they get it right. Best of both worlds. I wonder how publishers will feel about this?

News Comments > Steam Remote Play Together Beta

3. Re: Steam Remote Play Together Beta Oct 21, 2019, 20:07 Kxmode

What black magic is this?!

Also, "Very nice. Meanwhile, Epic still doesn't have a shopping cart lmfao"

News Comments > U.S. Congress Rebukes Blizzard

30. Re: U.S. Congress Rebukes Blizzard Oct 19, 2019, 22:51 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 04:53:
NKD wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 03:11:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 02:17:
Video Games. The Sixth Estate. Nobody pays attention to it until it becomes beneficial for career reasons to do so.

Also, J. Allen Brack is a toolbox. Unlike Mike Morhaime, he has no real power in Blizzard. JAB famously told a fan asking for vanilla, "you think you do, but you don't," and then Classic came out and boosted sub numbers by 200-300%. #NoVision

I thought they no longer gave their sub numbers, just revenue? I don't follow Blizz that closely these days.

Besides which, subs going up when it launches is only the "you think you do" part... Need to give it a few months to see how right or wrong the second half of that statement is.

That's not what "you think you do" means. Stop changing the meaning to suit your viewpoint.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

36. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Oct 19, 2019, 22:36 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 11:03:
Quinn wrote on Oct 19, 2019, 10:01:
Star Wars is dead to me. Dead. Not just dead as in corpse rotting in the ground somewhere. But gibbed dead. Can't even be tea-bagged. Kind of like GoT.

^ this

The super-retarded, super-lame Episode VII killed it for me. Didn't even watch Episode VIII. And the rumors coming from Episode IX are so insanely retarded that it is a miracle the universe hasn't collapsed into this void of intergalactic retardedness yet.

Because... wait for it... Palpatine is going to return and we'll find out that everything up to the finale in Ep. IX was his plan all along. Vader never really killed him. That was all staged and part of his ultra intelligent masterplan. He will show up with his secret fleet that he kept hidden away for decades in order fuck up the galaxy real good. I'm betting real money on the cheesiest ending in history when Rey and Kylo will kiss and make up to unite against Palps.
Ep. IX has excellent chances to become the most epic cringefest in movie history... kinda like Mass Effect 3 in how it will flush all previous entries in the series straight down the shitter with its nonsensical bullshit "explanations" for why events unfolded as they did.

George Lucas crafted a complete story treatment for Palpatine, much of which drives narration up to episode 9, of which we haven't seen in 7 and 8.

The following comes from the April 19, 2008 snapshot of Emporer Palpatine's Expanded Universe from StarWars.com. https://tinyurl.com/y3t3g3wf

It is worth noting that it was on starwars.com NOT a Star Wars comic book, video game, or fan fiction. Everything on StarWars.com had to be approved by Lucas or those responsible for its lore and cannon. So if it appeared on a character's expanded universe page, it is official. Since Disney let Lucas muse the story past episode 6, then the only question remains, did Lucas pitch this story idea to the writers and did they include it in The Rise of Skywalker?

16036 Comments. 802 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >