Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11562 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players
29. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 21:42 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 17:24:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:39:
Redmask wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 08:31:
But seriously, what did you expect from two of the worst astro turfers on this board? An open mind and logical reasoning? It's all about the attention and outbursts. Every video game is the best or worst thing ever. Every minor situation requires a soapbox. Disagreements are personal vendettas. You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that.

I have never attacked anyone personally as you did with this post. The reason? This site's basic ground rules. It establishes basic decorum and etiquette when conversating with others. Unfortunately, those rules have been broken more than a few times in replies directed towards me. This site should maintain its high standards and never tolerate people calling others "mentally unstable." It is a form of "griefing" and an "attack of a personal nature".

Do you feel hurt in any way or that you may possibly be 'triggered' if this keeps up? Griefing, no matter how small (including the exploitation of a "perfect jab opportunity" towards others for misspelling words), is strictly against the rules. Online bullying is the #1 cause of rollerblading, after all. Don't be that guy.

There's a HUGE difference between:

"Pro-tip. The next time you decide to call someone a brainiac, have the decency to spell it correctly. "

and

"You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that."
"I get it now, you're a wealthy twit that hates poor people. Another hypocritical christian, you're proof that's one messed up cult."

But I have to admit I've have had a strong urge to take up rollerblading in the past few days. I'm trying not to be that guy. *shivers*

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2016, 21:50.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free
11. Re: Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free Aug 5, 2016, 15:31 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 09:25:
Seems like KXmode really means he's got NO willpower.

Your pretzel-twisting logic staggers the mind.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

27. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 15:15 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 15:04:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 03:06:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 02:45:
Was never into the original Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablos. Played WoW for the launch month in 2004. Haven't played a single Blizzard game from then until Overwatch. Love Overwatch, definitely one of the greatest MP FPS in a long time.

What does this make me to you two braniacs?
Claiming/implying fanboyism for the success of a game you haven't even tried.

Pro-tip. The next time you decide to call someone a brainiac, have the decency to spell it correctly.

You know, sometime I will purposely misspell certain words just to see who the grammar Nazis are. I guess you just passed the test.

Considering you didn't write the original post and also considering Sepharo wasn't inducing a grammar nazi "trap" (which, is just petty if you actually do that), it was a perfect jab opportunity, given the word used.

23. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 13:51 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:09:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 03:06:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 01:21:
Darks wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 00:32:
I feel the same way, but try telling that to the 15 million other idiots who drank Blizzs Cool aid.

I guess 10-15 years ago we were the idiots who drank Blizz's Kool-Aid.

The obvious implication being that people who enjoy Overwatch are now the idiots who drink Blizzard Kool-Aid.

Can't believe you actually took that post seriously. The smiley should have made that point crystal clear.

22. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 13:39 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 08:31:
But seriously, what did you expect from two of the worst astro turfers on this board? An open mind and logical reasoning? It's all about the attention and outbursts. Every video game is the best or worst thing ever. Every minor situation requires a soapbox. Disagreements are personal vendettas. You're dealing with the mentally unstable, remember that.

I have never attacked anyone personally as you did with this post. The reason? This site's basic ground rules. It establishes basic decorum and etiquette when conversating with others. Unfortunately, those rules have been broken more than a few times in replies directed towards me. This site should maintain its high standards and never tolerate people calling others "mentally unstable." It is a form of "griefing" and an "attack of a personal nature".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2016, 04:00 Kxmode

"Four for fore" sounds like one of the most complicated short statements, especially if the conditions for all three words aren't met. For example, if you say that at a restaurant, or you say that at a golf club with two friends. This boggles my mind at 1AM on a Friday. I need to go to bed. Toodles.

Coffee

9. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 03:06 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 02:45:
Was never into the original Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablos. Played WoW for the launch month in 2004. Haven't played a single Blizzard game from then until Overwatch. Love Overwatch, definitely one of the greatest MP FPS in a long time.

What does this make me to you two braniacs?
Claiming/implying fanboyism for the success of a game you haven't even tried.

Uh... well, seeing as how I was talking about my taste in games I don't know how you can confuse "I guess what I'm saying is Blizzard no longer makes games that appeal to me" to mean you.

Pro-tip. The next time you decide to call someone a brainiac, have the decency to spell it correctly.

7. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 5, 2016, 01:21 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 00:32:
I feel the same way, but try telling that to the 15 million other idiots who drank Blizzs Cool aid.

I guess 10-15 years ago we were the idiots who drank Blizz's Kool-Aid.

In the immortal words of Spock, "Is it possible ...that we two, you and I, have grown so old and so inflexible ...that we have outlived our usefulness? ...Would that constitute a joke?"

5. Re: Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free Aug 5, 2016, 01:17 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 23:50:
So you weren't at the very least curious to try it out yourself?

Of course I curious about it, but I see no need to try it out. I have the money but I have no plans on buying one. The challenge is I'm committed to finishing my 6-months of living expenses (I have four now), then paying off my mortgage as soon as possible. Not having any debt is more important to me than a VR device. It's a distraction that only weakens my will-power to stick to my goals.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2016, 01:08 Kxmode

Check out this awesome documentary on Devil's Hole. A "hole in the ground" oasis in Death Valley. The hole is home to one of the rarest fish in the world; the Devil's Hole Pupfish.

Edit: Corrected species of fish.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2016, 03:49.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Alpha Video
10. Re: BATTLETECH Alpha Video Aug 4, 2016, 23:42 Kxmode

I backed BT at the $50 level, and it was the last game I backed before giving up on crowdfunding and early access. That being said this looks much better than I thought it would.

1. Re: Steam VR Tracking Royalty-free Aug 4, 2016, 23:14 Kxmode

A couple of my coworkers belong to the Church of VR. They are constantly trying to convert me to their religion, even after I repeatedly told them I have no desire to buy a Rift or a Vive because of the extra expense of fully upgrading my computer (about $1,500 - $2,000 for the computer and VR device). One of my coworkers went so far as to bring in his computer and spent that day preaching how amazing it is to others. At the end of the day they said, "well, it looks like we got two buyers!"

Other coworkers asked me "Have you tried the Rift?" I said "No.", They reply "Really?! Why? It's amazing." To which I tell them, in no uncertain terms, "I have no desire to buy a VR device so why would I test drive it?"

If this continues, I'm going to lodge a complaint. It's one thing to talk about something at work, but when it becomes disruptive, it needs to stop.

5. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials: 15M Overwatch Players Aug 4, 2016, 23:00 Kxmode

Have absolutely no desire to play Overwatch and Hearthstone. Nor Diablo (do not like the subject matter). Nor Heroes of the Storm (it bores me). And my WOW sub is pretty much coming to an end. Don't care for Legion (it's more of the same). I have the complete StarCraft 2 game that I can barely bring myself to play (I find it boring).

I guess what I'm saying is Blizzard no longer makes games that appeal to me.

News Comments > The Signal From TŲlva Announced
3. Re: The Signal From TŲlva Announced Aug 2, 2016, 12:35 Kxmode

Does this star Laurence Fishburne?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2016, 20:59 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 14:46:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 13:16:
I wonder if this is the reason why so many want NMS to fail.

+ No mods

Does that sound right?

Do we actually know that there won't be mods?

In a Q&A with GameInformer from December 2014 they asked, "Will There Be Mod Support?"

Sean Murray: I think PC games should have Mods and the ability to mod. I almost feel like we need to give them the tools otherwise then they're just going to start making them, tearing apart your game. That's what I have more of a fear of. I think if they get in there and they just start disassembling it they will end up creating parallel universes; like genuinely that's what would happen. They would change the numbers and then someone else would be playing in a different universe, but still posting to our servers.

We will probably give them some tools to allow them to do some stuff. But we don't want people creating new planets within an existing game. I don't think we can stop them doing that if there's a clever enough programmer, which there always is, there are going to be weird things with the game unofficially. But officially I think we probably want to give people some modding ability just so they leave our game alone. Just give them enough creative outlet to keep them busy rather than them thinking of all of the destructive things that they could do.

So it sounds like, if Sean's statement is still valid, that there will be mod support, but it will be very controlled and limited in scope. Maybe that's what the haters say when they complain about "no mods." I think controlled mod support is appropriate when you have something are large as a procedural universe. It's not like Hello Games, with their small crew, can police and monitor a game with 18 quintillion planets. However, purely from an exploration standpoint, I would love for the mod community to add stuff like unstable stars about to go supernova; solar radiation that makes high ship shields essential; or systems made entirely of planetary debris caused by a massive explosion that wrecked the system's planets. Those enhancements would make exploration even more amazing and add a level of danger.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
62. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Aug 1, 2016, 20:45 Kxmode

nin wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 13:43:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 12:46:
There's an ignore link?
Right under their profile.

Thank you! There are a couple of boneheads that I needed to silence. I'm sure you'll know who the usual suspects are.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2016, 11:30.

News Comments > Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled
11. Re: Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled Aug 1, 2016, 15:35 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 13:55:
Apparently they should use the Starcraft universe, see story in today's news.

Or they could create a brand new IP.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 1, 2016, 13:59 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 13:41:
Is there anybody who cares about a lack of McGuffin or story line? That's certainly not what I mean by an apparent lack of content or things to do.

I'm pretty sure the plot is to get to the center of the universe. How you get there is your story.

News Comments > Fireforge Games Bankruptcy
4. Re: Fireforge Games Bankruptcy Aug 1, 2016, 13:55 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Aug 1, 2016, 13:38:
Just so we're clear here, define for me 'Social Media Platform'...because I'm at a loss...

I'd imagine it would be something like Flare3D; the engine Zynga used for Farmville. It would have full social media integration built into the engine.

News Comments > Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled
8. Re: Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled Aug 1, 2016, 13:47 Kxmode

Really wish game developers would stop making fluff sites like http://git.frontwirestudios.com/ until they have an actual game.

"Galaxy in Turmoil is packed full of features you want in a futuristic exploration game. A fully immersive single player campaign, massive 64 player multiplayer battles, ground to space combat and more." Blah blah blah. You don't have a game. Your features are meaningless.

SOE/Daybreak did this same crap for "EQ Next" until Next was canceled and EQ Landmark was renamed Landmark.

11562 Comments. 579 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo