Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description If you actually understand Genesis 1:1 that is the beginning of wisdom.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12368 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 21:33 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 08:50:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 04:23:
Is nin back?
He hasn't posted but was seen on Steam and Blue contacted him and passed on that nin was taking a break.

Good to know. Well, I dare say, do hope the old chap's days are swimmingly and his health is smashing. Toff

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 21:26 Kxmode

• SlimRam wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 20:52:
    jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 13:20:
    Scott has gone full Cameron.
    You never go full Cameron!

Ridley Scott: I know what I can do! I'm a dude making six films disguised as other films!
    James Cameron: What?
    Ridley Scott: You're a director that doesn't know what type of director he is!
    James Cameron: Well, you're a director who has no idea what film he is directing and claims to know what the film is?

Wacko

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

12. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 21:19 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 17:11:
    James Cameron: I am working on FOUR Avatar sequels!
    Ridley Scott: I see your four sequels and raise you SIX Alien sequels.

In a month...
    James Cameron: I see your six Alien sequels and raise you EIGHT Titanic sequels!
    Ridley Scott: Wait.. WHAT?! Titanic SEQUELS?! Okay, okay, I see your eight sequels and raise you TEN Blade Runner sequels!

How old are these guys?!

Disney is working on 6 Star Wars films and about 3-6 sequels for most of the Pixar films.

23. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 04:28 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 18:23:
    BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 16:33:
    Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:17:
    BobBob wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 12:59:
    RIP EPA and the environment.

Look at the upside. Once again people will be able to set rivers on fire in order to keep warm.

I know there are terrible economic, social, and civil consequences to having this administration in power, but destroying nature simply irks me beyond description. These idiots will unleash irreversible devastation on our planet.

I'm truly disgusted by all of this.

Call your house rep and your senator. Tell them your opinion, that you're a constituent, and that you vote every election.

You might also want to tell them to oppose TrumpCare.

"Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." And you guys call me insane. Wacko

22. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 04:23 Kxmode

Is nin back?

21. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 04:22 Kxmode

Also, happy 77th birthday to Chuck Norris, the unofficial bouncer of the entire internet.

And, depending on the point of view, the bane or boon of Barrens chat. I survived it, by the way.

News Comments > WoW Bans
    17. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 04:10 Kxmode

briktal wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:10:
    Kxmode wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 17:36:
    Offering a raid run for pay isn't fair play just like selling level boosts isn't fair play. The only difference is Blizzard makes money for one and not the other. Hypocritical nonsense.

A large part of it probably has to do with Blizzard's ability to deal with scammers. If you pay someone a bunch of gold for a carry through a raid and they turn around and say "lol no, sucker" Blizzard can fairly easily take action against the scammer and return your money. But if you sent the scammer some money on paypal, Blizzard a) can't just give you your money back and b) has less ability to confirm the transaction ever took place.

Perhaps, but those actions extends beyond the boundaries of what they should do, which is primarily to keep their game operational, relatively bug-free, and continually expanding. Going to the level of what you're noting is like Blizzard concerning themselves with the time players spend because it might cause health issues and (or) addiction. In other words, charging real money to run someone through a raid has no impact on the game's economy (it's a service fee between private parties), but selling level boosts do have a bearing. That's the hypocrisy I was addressing.

A long time ago Ebay became noticeably irritated with Buyers going outside Ebay's payment system to Paypal to pay their auction purchases (bypassing Ebay's final-cost percentage). Ebay tried unsuccessfully to enforce the "only pay for your auction through us" rule. In the end, eBay was forced to buy Paypal. They only wanted to control their market power. That's what Blizzard is doing. It's a possibility in the future Blizzard will start premium matchmaking services to allow "runners" to take their "clients" through raid content. Blizzard will get their 25% cut.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer
    20. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2017, 04:02 Kxmode

I think someone was inspired by the Logan trailer.

News Comments > WoW Bans
    12. Re: WoW Bans Mar 9, 2017, 17:36 Kxmode

Offering a raid run for pay isn't fair play just like selling level boosts isn't fair play. The only difference is Blizzard makes money for one and not the other. Hypocritical nonsense.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda PC Settings
    3. Re: On Sale Mar 8, 2017, 23:29 Kxmode

This is beautiful communication. Tells me precisely what I need to know. Top notch nVidia.  

News Comments > SEGA Acquires Crytek Black Sea
    3. Re: SEGA Acquires Crytek Black Sea Mar 8, 2017, 15:30 Kxmode

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 09:21:
    They downsized to two studios last year and they basically have to give away CryEngine now because Amazon's free Lumberyard Engine is based on it. I'm guessing they won't survive the year.

That's sad.

News Comments > Ion Cancelled
    1. Re: On Sale Mar 8, 2017, 01:38 Kxmode

TBH I thought "Improbable" was a statement towards the odds of this game coming to market. It wasn't until I read further that I realized it is the name of the co-developer studio. Have to say, that's a horrible coincidence.

News Comments > Into the Black
    3. Re: On Sale Mar 8, 2017, 01:34 Kxmode

How did I miss IHOP's free stack of pancakes during National Pancake Day?!

News Comments > SEGA Acquires Crytek Black Sea
    1. Re: On Sale Mar 8, 2017, 01:27 Kxmode

Is CryTek still in business? Would be a pity if true because they have an amazing engine.

News Comments > BattleTech Beta Delay and Release Date Outlook
    21. Re: On Sale Mar 8, 2017, 01:12 Kxmode

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 20:26:
    Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:33:
    jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:08:
    We don't need it to be perfect man. We just need it to exist, and be timely.

Absolutely. My meaning is HBS runs a business so when they communicate with their backers and the public they should follow a measure of professional decorum otherwise they come off sounding small and amateurish. Informal is what Sean Murray used, and that didn't go so well for him. My translated example only provides the most important information people need to hear. They can relegate the "happy talk" to game show and convention chit-chat.

I don't particularly care if their informational releases aren't as polished as some others. I care that they make good games and are open and honest with their supporters. I'd rather they spend the money on the game than paying someone else to write this stuff.

As a backer at the $50 level, I care. I'm not interested in happy talk like "Now that our technical issues are behind us, the team is focused on quality and on delivering an experience that shows the world why HBS loves BattleTech and why everyone else should, too." That's superfluous nonsense that has nothing to do with the game itself. All I care about is the status of the game, what issues have they run into, and when can we expect the beta soon? That's it. Ditch the happy fluffy pillow talk. This isn't a relationship; I'm looking for answers.

P.S. this game was the last crowdfunded / early access project I backed. I believe I'm zero for all projects I backed (not including Star Citizen since I got a refund; that doesn't count). I have yet to see any launch. Of the bunch, BT is the only one that's close. I may back future HBS plans merely because they have, so far, an excellent track record of delivering on what they scope near the time they say they can deliver. As far as I'm concerned that's high ROI in my book. Thumbsup

30. Re: On Sale Mar 8, 2017, 00:48 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 00:13:
    dude - nobody gives a shit

if you really were going to shut up, you would just do it...

but thats not what you are really doing here, its just more lack of impulse control.. lack of will, lack of wisdom, lack of everything you claim to aspire to

I do.

I have already stated ad nauseum that I would not post bible stuff. I repeatedly linked to a post that quite literally says I'm banning myself from discussing the Bible on this site. The issue in play is that after banning myself, the conversations have turned measuredly bigoted. In other words, almost no one bothered to travel down "that road" until I got off it. It's the forum equivalent of bashing someone while they are present. "Uh... yeah, so I can still hear you. Nope. I can still hear. Seriously, I'm right here." lol.

Anyhow, I'd think you, more than anyone else, should know there's a measurable amount of back and forth on this site. It's one of the reasons why I believe we can agree Blue's News remains a bastion of compelling ideas on topics (and up until now never drifting into the realm of religion or spirituality). I'm just saying if someone says "I'm done talking about this" then gracefully capitulate. You guys asked me to stop, so I'm only observing your wishes and doing so. So let's drop this. And by this, I mean don't start bashing my beliefs after the fact. That's not cool. Let's afford everyone a measure of cordial respect, even if we disagree. That's what gentlemen do.

Toff

29. Re: On Sale Mar 8, 2017, 00:21 Kxmode

@Mr. Tact - Of course, I read and edit my posts many times before posting. To reiterate, my point is Brian wouldn't talk about a particular subject to a group of people who are not interested in it at the wrong time and place. Do you get that? The illustration has absolutely nothing to do with the listener's intelligence towards the subject; it has to do with their interest towards it. I'm sure any of those construction workers, if properly interested, would go and listen to Brian Greene give a talk on string theory. But they go to him, not the other way around. I hope this makes sense because I don't know how to make it any simpler.

TL;DR You're really over-complicating things.

26. Re: On Sale Mar 7, 2017, 23:26 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 23:10:
    Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 22:56:
    Even when Brian Greene gives his lectures on string theory, he is typically in rooms of people who are interested in the topic. Can you imagine he tried to give the same talk at E3 or to a bunch of construction workers on a job site? They would rightly think the man was loco. LOL.
    Great, now I am uneducated because I don't believe. Nice tactic, insult those you wish to convince. Just do us all a favor and do what you keep saying you are going to do...

Dude. What? The point is there is a place and time for everything. I used Brian Greene as a reference because I know many on this site are educated, and intelligent, and love the beauty of math and science. And my bible postings is out of place.

Honestly not sure how you misunderstood my post. Oh well. All good.

24. Re: On Sale Mar 7, 2017, 23:02 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:33:
    Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 19:04:
    Before you turn this into the Spanish Inquisition's "Confession Hour" perhaps you should read my post. It sheds light on the status of bible posts on this site moving forward. It made RedEye super happy.
    No need, I am a simple guy. If I get what I ask for, I tend not to question it.

That's why they call you Mister Tact.

23. Re: On Sale Mar 7, 2017, 22:56 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:32:
    Peter M. Smith wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 21:21:
    Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 19:04:
    Before you turn this into the Spanish Inquisition's "Confession Hour" perhaps you should read my post. It sheds light on the status of bible posts on this site moving forward. It made RedEye super happy.

Too bad. I enjoyed reading your perspective on things, from a theological standpoint.

I agree. They act as if though he has magic powers and they are trying to resist his words.

I wouldn't have believed the second part of the council, "that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open" until I saw it for myself. After posting my message about pulling back from such topics the conversation appeared to descend into levels of bigotry. I felt perhaps it would be good to direct the conversation away from such things before it transforms into full-blown bigotry. Jesus was correct about WHO and WHERE you share information. There are places and times for such things. I'd imagine this nugget of wisdom applies to anything. Even when Brian Greene gives his lectures on string theory, he is typically in rooms of people who are interested in the topic. Can you imagine he tried to give the same talk at E3 or to a bunch of construction workers on a job site? They would rightly think the man was loco. LOL.

12368 Comments. 619 pages. Viewing page 8.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo