Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14015 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds
21. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:16 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:46:
Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 13:37:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 12:55:
Dev wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 10:19:
That's awesome and classy of them to do
ditto
Sean Murray should be commended for being forthright and honest in his latest interview, he's only human after all.
Hmmm...not sure if serious..
Why don't u RTFI & tell me what u think
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-20-the-big-sean-murray-interview

Do you know why this interview appears in print and not on video. Because you can tell when he's lying. He laughs when he lies, and the bigger the laugh the bigger the lie.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 15:06 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 12:54:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

I don't think Sean Murray had anything to do with it. I know he's a fun punching bag but, you know, it's gonna have to end somewhere.

It's indefensible. Not only does Murray run a small indie studio, but he also works on NMS as a coder. The odds of him knowing a key feature of his product would not be available on GOG before it's release is astronomically high. He knew. He absolutely knew. And he said nothing to the millions of GOG customers. He knowingly sold the product on GOG with a crucial missing feature of Next. The guy is a bona fide flim-flam swindler.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

17. Re: GOG.com Extending No Man's Sky Refunds Jul 26, 2018, 14:57 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:36:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 11:13:
I'm a bit compfused. Didn't they just advertise the multiplayer bit last week? Then this week they're pulling it?

No, they're saying it won't be available on GOG for at least 6 months for some inexplicable reason. Sean Murray is just a enormous scumbag.

After today NOBODY should believe anything from Sean Murray or Hello Games. This is quite literally the second time they lied to video game consumers. As the saying goes, "Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on ME!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com
30. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 26, 2018, 14:50 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 17:39:
You lose, he's bringing in the Sean Murray tweets from 2016. Take cover man. Once a crusade has been started no apology will ever suffice.

Posting a tweet from 2016 isn't a "crusade." It's called evidence to support a point. The tweet shows a pattern of Sean Murray and Hello Game's Modus Operandi. Stop trying to turn my posts into something they're not.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 26, 2018, 14:28 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 20:12:
You know a lot about the eSports scene huh?

You don't need to know anything about the eSports scene to know that PUBG isn't going to supplant Fortnite.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 25, 2018, 17:57 Kxmode

Changhan Kim, CEO, PUBG Corp., explained that 2018 is the year for the company to lay down strong groundwork for the PUBG esports system, building a solid structure through ongoing investment and a philosophical commitment to advance its esports experience.

Is this guy for real? Not only did the boat leave the dock, it's half-way to Alaska.

20. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 25, 2018, 17:34 Kxmode

Overon wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 17:22:
I don't get it, why does the lack of DRM slow down the multiplayer development?

My understanding is HG had to implement Steam's API into NMS's code to make it work on Steam. They need to remove all that crap to make it DRM free, and then QC to ensure there are no blockers or glaring bugs.

19. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 25, 2018, 17:29 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 16:11:
So GoG sold something they likely knew wouldn't have all the features people were buying it for, and you're outraged, but you assign them absolutely no blame?

Stop trying to create innuendo where none exists. You're making yourself look obtuse.

First, I did not express "outrage" as you call it (I didn't even use an exclamation mark). Second, I said nothing about GOG. I cannot speak about what CDPR knew and when they knew it because that's not the point of my original post. I was explicitly talking about Hello Games and their business practices. They knowingly sold a product on GOG based on something that they knew would not be present and failed to inform the GOG customer base that this feature would not be available at purchase. They did the same thing at the initial launch. Sean Murray had to finally come clean.

16. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 25, 2018, 15:12 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 15:02:
How is it Chris Robert's gets a pass but Hello Games, who have busted their asses to get NMS in a state worthy of it's initial hype doesn't? I find no fault with HG whatsoever. They could've just dropped the whole game after the backlash and done another Joe Danger sequel. They didn't. They worked thru it and now we have a space combat survival sim that is very much worth buying. I can't be happy enough with NMS, I stuck with them the entire time and my loyalty has been rewarded many times over. This is a problem with GOG because they don't have a multiplayer infrastructure capable of supporting what NEXT does. I'm a little surprised they didn't think about this beforehand but maybe they did and had something in the works and it fell thru or didn't work as well as they wanted/needed. We don't know all the facts and yet many people are quick to condemn their actions as malevolent.

=-Rigs-=

Because Chris Roberts never lied about the state of his game. When SC was finally available to play, everyone knew it was Alpha, and no one was expecting a complete product.

15. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 25, 2018, 15:09 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 14:49:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 14:27:
Darks wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:57:
Creston wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:54:
Ouch, that's a bit of a black eye for GOG.

Sure is, doesn't bode well for those who purchased GOG games and get left out in the cold like that.

Once again, Hello Games didn't come clean with the truth until AFTER the fact. How many copies were sold on GOG from the Next announcement?

Do you also blame GoG for this one?

Dude? Are you serious. I'm obviously blaming Hello Games and only Hello Games.

12. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 25, 2018, 14:27 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:57:
Creston wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 12:54:
Ouch, that's a bit of a black eye for GOG.

Sure is, doesn't bode well for those who purchased GOG games and get left out in the cold like that.

Once again, Hello Games didn't come clean with the truth until AFTER the fact. How many copies were sold on GOG from the Next announcement?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2018, 22:27 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 17:55:
bigspender wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 17:35:
The Vindication of Cheese, Butter, and Full-Fat Milk.

So low fat dairy is as bad as high fat dairy. Doesn't mean dairy is good for you.....

In any case I think it's funny how much of "dairy is good for you" articles we're seeing now that dairy consumption is declining. The young people are all about the plant milks, and rightly so, unless dairy dies soon, those young people won't reach retirement age before the planet goes mad max and waterworld at the same time.

You're the KXMode of wacky diets.

But I'm lactose intolerant!

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned
55. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 24, 2018, 22:13 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 17:33:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 17:29:
Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 17:28:
You know what they say about ignorance and malice, right?

I don't know. What do they say about ignorance and malice?

Oops, I meant incompetence, not ignorance. Now I'm the incompetent one!
Anyway, never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

I see you're using a variation of Hanlon's razor, a proverb that eliminates unlikely explanations for human behavior and its consequences through stupidity. I would agree the expression works in certain situations, but not so in the case of marketed consumer products.

In hindsight, it is effortless to see all its flaws two years later. It was not so easy to see them at the time Sean Murray pitched his "magnum opus" to the world. The "you should have known" comments again fall under the hindsight principle.

Also, I wouldn't confuse incompetence with stupidity. The words sound the same, but they are not. Incompetence is the inability to do something successfully. Stupidity is behavior that shows a lack of good sense or judgment. How does either of these come into play when you buy products based purely on information from the manufacturer? In this situation, you rely on good faith that the person or business is working within the boundaries of business ethics. Most companies do. Sean, however, did not. And he will continue to be hounded by that fact. No, not by me, but by gaming consumers in general.

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Launches Next Generation Expansion
1. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Launches Next Generation Expansion Jul 24, 2018, 21:44 Kxmode

Looks like fun! Might get a VR soon now that my machine supports it.  

53. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 24, 2018, 17:29 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 17:28:
You know what they say about ignorance and malice, right?

I don't know. What do they say about ignorance and malice?

51. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 24, 2018, 17:27 Kxmode

The comparison between Star Citizen and No Man Sky is inaccurate. People knew when Star Citizen would be available for testing, that it would be in an alpha state. Chris made this abundantly clear from the beginning. Conversely, No Man's Sky was pitched by Sean Murray as this fantastic feature-rich experience at launch. Sean knowingly lied to millions of people so that his company could make millions. He never technically broke any laws, but he did engage in immoral business practices. That said, I'm indifferent to NMS and Sean Murray. My recent uninstall is another way of saying I found the updated game to be boring and not worth my time.  

50. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 24, 2018, 17:01 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 10:39:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 02:29:
I uninstalled NMS.
Recently? Or when back when it gathered your ire?

Recently.

39. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 24, 2018, 02:29 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 20:26:
You wont be missed!!

I uninstalled NMS. So I guess I won't be missed too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2018, 17:59 Kxmode

I have this strange feeling John Williams is going to die by the end of this year.  

33. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 16:58 Kxmode

chickenboo wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 16:05:
functional rivers... does this game feature "rivers" with static water in them that isn't flowing or rocking against the river edge? like most games? Come to think of it though, does any game yet feature rivers which move liquid downstream? I recall Witcher 3 having somewhat active rivers in parts of Skellige, and I remember the wide river in Toussaint but I don't recall if the water was static or not.

Bodies of water on a planet always appear as lakes. Some, as big as the Great Lakes. But there are no rivers of any size.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2018, 01:25.

14015 Comments. 701 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo