Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11892 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week
14. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 12, 2016, 14:35 Kxmode

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 09:32:
I'll agree with these comment as well. It seems the glowing reviews of most of the posters ignore many of the issues of the game as well as the misinformation about the F2P accounts not having restrictions.
The glowing fan boy reviews, which they more than entitled to make, ignore many if not all of the issues with the game. Anet won't even replace their official forum that they know are broken, let alone interact with customers there. Wintersday???? (like all their festivals) just recycled same old content year after year. They still haven't fixed the elixer problem in the latest episode.
The game can be good and fun but one shouldn't ignore the issues that the game and it's devs have.

There's no harm in talking about the things I like about the game and acknowledging the issues. GW2 has issues, but for me, the benefits outweigh the problems. That makes it a great game in my humble opinion.

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 12, 2016, 14:30 Kxmode

I think crowdfunding / early access is a flawed system. Unless the scope of the game is significantly defined and not deviated from these projects will undoubtedly have a measure of scope creep. In the case of SC/SQ42 a LOT of it. The problem with CF/EA is developers don't truly know how much they need to make their vision, and they don't know how much they'll get from backers. So as more money comes in than they anticipated, they start bolting on features that weren't part of the original plan leading to an endless cycle of stretch goals and new crowdfunding campaigns to keep their coffers full. I bet when Rockstar started work on GTA5 they precisely knew how much money to designate for the engine and the game.  

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
13. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 13:52 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 13:40:
But you pre-purchased it to get a free ship. The high price of education.

Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody knew NMS would not deliver core gameplay features heavily promoted as being in the game at launch by Sean.

9. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 12, 2016, 13:46 Kxmode

D4rkKnight wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 23:24:
What about Shroud of the Avatar. They raised 10 million for some shitty alpha MMO and they are apparently starting a phase 2 kickstarter to keep the funds rolling in.

Yup. That, unfortunately, is another game I backed. Actually none of the games I've backed have been released. Here's the list:

Hullabaloo - a steampunk cartoon by alumni Disney animators
Battletech
Everspace
Exoplanet - A frontier western sci-fi RPG
Project: Gorgon - by the same people who created Asheron's Call 1
Descent: Underground
Shroud of the Avatar

News Comments > Crytek Payroll Issues?
20. Re: Crytek Payroll Issues? Dec 12, 2016, 13:27 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 08:06:
Last time they were in deep shit, there was actually a rumor about a "mysterious benefactor" bailing them out. Many people believed that person to be CR. So this might be a repeat if he does in fact rescue them (again).

If this is true I believe this would make a lot of backers upset considering they didn't back to keep Crytek financially afloat.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2016, 13:24 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 13:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 12:09:
Ok so ya mentioned the bathrobe yesterday Blue, and the snow today.
Due to army of Shelf Elfs we snuck out and got a picture of you.

Don't go puttin' none of that stuff on my sled, Clark. You know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced, cause every time Catherine revved up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so. So over at the VA they had to replace it with plastic. It ain't as strong so I don't know if I should go sailin down no hill with nothing between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.

You really think it matters, Blue?

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
8. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 13:21 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:54:
You kids these days just can't appreciate the value of a tech demo...

I didn't pay $60 for a beta test but that's what Sean sold me.

5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 9, 2016, 16:49 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 10:55:
Strange. I don't see Star Citizen in that list...

Most people classify Star Citizen / SQ42 as vaporware. Its development is moving at a snail's pace but it's not dead.

News Comments > Global Virtual Reality Association Formed
10. Re: Global Virtual Reality Association Formed Dec 9, 2016, 01:08 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 14:53:
Verno wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:40:
Fallout VR and Mechwarrior VR are coming. Nuff said.

Nah. Can't imagine either of them being the killer app. It'll likely be something that literally cannot be done without VR, instead of something that's just been modified to work with it. I'd put my money on Valve figuring out what that is first.

Absolutely! A killer app happens organically. The technology has to birth something that is so unique to VR that it requires the expensive tech to play. When Myst and The 7th Guest came out those were revolutionary games, and received praised reviews from gaming magazines and word of mouth. The only way to play them was to buy an expensive $250 CD-ROM. $250 in 1993 is $418 in today's dollars.

8. Re: Global Virtual Reality Association Formed Dec 8, 2016, 19:02 Kxmode

Orogogus wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 16:12:
For my money, the killer app should be an environment builder. Start out with a small room that you can furnish with beds, chairs, a TV and computer, decorate with flooring, posters, etc. Follow up with more rooms, a house, the outdoors. Keep releasing things to put in those rooms -- action figures, computer accessories, kitchenware, books, all kinds of things that people like to have but might not be able to afford or have room for in real life.

Follow up accessories with functionality. Achievements that show up as 3D trophies. Let people replace the game launchers with customizable menus and virtual shortcuts -- fiddling with a toy Sidewinder launches Elite Dangerous, stuff like that. A control panel that lets you change the day/night and weather outside. Writing and drawing tools, pets, virtual music players.

I'm really surprised that neither Valve nor Oculus had anything like this at launch. To me it seems obvious that people are going to be much more engaged in VR if it starts up into their own virtual home, the same way people get more invested into their computer desktops than in their console setups, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

This is why I think Hololens is going to be a VR killer. It's augmented reality. Projecting holograms into your environment can have wide application for builder apps, medical, gaming, social; you name it. Imagine a doctor performing surgery and he has all the patient's medical records off-sight. Or imagine a digital LARP event with real dragons and goblins. Or think about turning your home into a haunted mansion with spooky things around every corner. Lastly, the tech only projects holograms so I don't anticipate it requiring a lot of processing power.

2. Re: Global Virtual Reality Association Formed Dec 8, 2016, 13:25 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:04:
If you want VR to take off make an open source compatible format everyone can use.

and make a killer app

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 20:12 Kxmode

Morgan19 wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 19:46:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 17:20:
It's nothing that stops you from playing and thriving throughout the entirety of the base game.

Never said it was... I was simple correcting Kxmode's statement of "there are no restrictions other than HoT". It was a factual correction, not a critique of enjoyment.

Sorry for all the confusion everyone.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patched
14. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Dec 7, 2016, 18:01 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 15:26:
J wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 14:55:
Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 11:23:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:46:
I'll probably pick it up when it's $10.

What's the over/under on when that will happen?

When it's over 9 and under 11. Wry
9-11 Confirmed

Divide 9 by 3? Half Life 3 confirmed?!

7-11 was an inside job!

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 16:09 Kxmode

sauron wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 14:31:
And I had even more of a blast in multiplayer. WvWvW is probably the best form of PvP I have tried, in any game, ever. Running around as part of the Jade Quarry server army was just incredibly fun.

Go JQ! That's my realm too!

Frijoles wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 16:01:
Reminds me of RvR in DAoC, which was also a lot of fun. Just need to let rogues scale the walls and catapults destroy the walls and it'd be the same.

No wall scaling yet, but there are catapults that players can build with resources to destroy walls and gates. Some of my favorite WvW movements is being in a massive crowd shortly before the wall crumbles and then storming the Keep. The highlight is the central Castle in the Eternal Battlegrounds. This is where all three realms converge for WvWvW action.

7. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Dec 7, 2016, 14:23 Kxmode

This game burned me so badly I don't think I'll ever go back to it.

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 14:21 Kxmode

Absolutely. Though as a long time player I would like to clarify a few items on the list so that it helps make sense.

Revenant Profession
Heart of Thorns Maps & Content
Masteries

Those are exclusive to the Heart of Thorns expansion.

5. Re: No Man's Sky Patched Dec 7, 2016, 13:50 Kxmode

grumble grumble

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 PvP Revamp and Wintersday Next Week Dec 7, 2016, 13:48 Kxmode

GW2 has been getting progressively better. The three episodes of Season 3 represent some of the best content I've seen in the game. Their F2P model is hands down one of the best. The regular game is free and when I say FREE it really means free. You could go through the entire core game to level cap and never spend a dime. There are no restrictions other than not accessing the Heart of Thorn zones.  

News Comments > SUPERHOT VR Released
9. Re: SUPERHOT VR Released Dec 6, 2016, 16:50 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 6, 2016, 13:57:
800$ to some is crazy expensive.. It's all what you think a dollar is worth.

I personally don't care for VR yet. It needs to get better first..

Translation: Need a killer app that'll force you to buy the expensive hardware and video card upgrade if required.

News Comments > SUPERHOT VR Released
4. Re: SUPERHOT VR Released Dec 6, 2016, 13:58 Kxmode

A "killer" app.  

11892 Comments. 595 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo