Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13167 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Specs
23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 10, 2017, 16:48 Kxmode

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 16:02:
Not much love for this game on these forums

I love it. Course I have a different reason for wanting to play.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 10, 2017, 12:23 Kxmode

Pepe wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 19:37:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 19:12:
Pepe wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 16:47:
You may want to buy DDR4 RAM.

Is there a noticeable difference between DDR3 and DDR4? Is there a particular MHz you recommend?

yes there is, for starters it is not compatible with each other, also there is a difference in voltages iirc.

For intel it does not make huge differences, but the sweet spot is usually considered around the 3.000 Mhz mark lower timings are also better.

RAM is pretty expensive atm so keep that in mind.

Thanks! I wanted to know if there is a noticeable difference in performance between DDR3 and DDR4? If not I'd rather go with DDR3. It was the cheapest with the highest rating.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 19:12 Kxmode

Pepe wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 16:47:
You may want to buy DDR4 RAM.

Is there a noticeable difference between DDR3 and DDR4? Is there a particular MHz you recommend?

17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 19:07 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 15:51:
Yeah,KX. Try first and upgrade only if you have to. Your system plays BFront 1 just fine, right?

I don't have BF1 but I have ACO, and it runs very well on my system with very high settings at 1920x1080. Of course, they were developed and published by different studios so it's likely the min and rec specs are real. I do like your idea of trying first and only upgrading if I need to. I'll do that. Thanks!

Thanks, DangerDog for the Reddit link.

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 9, 2017, 15:11 Kxmode

Well phooey. When my system doesn't meet the minimum reqs, I guess it's time to update. This is one game I really want to play.

Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB)1600MHz DDR3L Desktop Memory HX316LC10FBK2/16
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING, 4GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 04G-P4-6251-KR
Intel BX80677I77700 7th Gen Core Desktop Processors & Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler Bundle
GIGABYTE GA-H110M-M.2 LGA1151 Intel H110 M.2 HDMI Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard

Is that good? Trying to stay under $700.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
42. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 21:18 Kxmode

I said my piece. You all know where I stand.  

40. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 21:12 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:57:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:37:
I am saying I take issue with it because you used meaningless numbers not backed up by anything factual to create a point. Hyperbolic statements passed off as facts is misinformation.

You thought he was trying to pass that off as an actual accurate statistic? I didn't get that impression at all.

No. He was implying the people who support micro transitions are of the type he described (e.g., "1%", "$10,000", etc.). It's not the numbers per se, it is the intended meaning behind the numbers. In other words, the implication is those that support micro-transaction are somehow the enemy of PC gaming based on fake stats. I took issue with it and called him out on it. I am not wrong for doing so.

39. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 21:01 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 20:02:
NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:57:
You thought he was trying to pass that off as an actual accurate statistic? I didn't get that impression at all.
If JDreyer had scribbled it on aged papyrus scrolls he would have swallowed it hook, line and sinker. drops mic

Do you want me to eviscerate your post with facts? Because your post is how you achieve that reaction. Just a fair warning.

35. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 19:37 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:16:
I was using the numbers metaphorically. It's a rhetorical flourish. Others got it. Interesting that you're taking exception.

You've been unusually nitpicky of late. Everything okay man?

Everything's swell.

Regarding your comment, "Well, there's the 99% "we" who hate this shit. Then there's the 1% "we" that spend $10,000 on DLC/MT/lootboxes/gambling/hats"

That comment is intended to persuade your point, and it is directed it towards those of us who support in-game transactions. We are not the "enemy." That is my nitpick. I am not trying to be difficult, I am saying I take issue with it because you used meaningless numbers not backed up by anything factual to create a point. Hyperbolic statements passed off as facts is misinformation.

32. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 18:43 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 18:35:
In his defense, KX has a history of taking things very literally.

If someone is going to post snide comments about a game I like make sure to use actual facts and not hyperbolic, truthiness stats. Your point will go much further and have weight.

31. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 18:38 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 16:33:
This isn't a presidential debate. We don't actually have the data but can make a reasonable assumption. Which is what he did, a reasonable assumption somewhat exaggerated to just prove it's a small amount.

The actual amount is moot, the point is it's a very small fraction.

Hyperbole is NEVER a valid point. If it were people could say whatever that want and pass it off as factual. "Truthiness" is the word Stephen Colbert and his writers came up with to describe my point.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII's Big Launch
14. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 18:19 Kxmode

deqer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 14:29:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 10:33:
WWII for dummies... is basically what this game is. I'm not sure why so many people, including review sites think this game is good. Confused

Because not everyone is like you. In fact, if you dislike things for "dummies", then you are part of the minority.

Agreed. It's taxing to listen or read comments from armchair critics sniveling about something they haven't actually played.

28. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 16:13 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 15:34:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 14:40:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 13:08:
Slick wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 00:46:
...but do you hate that 1% who throws $10k at the game? Cause those people are bankrolling development for the rest of us. Not that our $60 doesn't count, but theirs counts a lot more.

Wouldn't you agree that if it's only cosmetic or convenience, then who really cares?

You do realize you're arguing about made up stats, right?

Of course the stats are made up. The accuracy of the numbers isn't the point. It's that there's a tiny fraction of whales, then there's the rest of us.

Seemed obvious you were exaggerating for a point.

Hyperbole is never a valid point.

25. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 15:23 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 13:57:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 09:28:
I micro transaction the SHIT out UBI Soft games. I cant help it. They have cool stuff in there. So yeah. I like them and love you all
“A fool and his money are soon parted”

There's a huge difference between the cash shop in ACO and GW2 and the cash shop in Star Citizen. One is for inconsequential, vanity items. The other is for a product that doesn't exist.

24. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 15:21 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 14:40:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 13:08:
...but do you hate that 1% who throws $10k at the game? Cause those people are bankrolling development for the rest of us. Not that our $60 doesn't count, but theirs counts a lot more.

Wouldn't you agree that if it's only cosmetic or convenience, then who really cares?

Of course the stats are made up. The accuracy of the numbers isn't the point. It's that there's a tiny fraction of whales, then there's the rest of us.

Then say that. Don't throw out fake percentages to prove a point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 15:19 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 10:44:
Has there ever been a pic of the Gunnar-man on here? I feel that he's achieved mythical status...

"Pictures or it never happened."

21. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 13:16 Kxmode

I have no problems with ACO's microtransactions. Most of the stuff they sell is vanity and convenience stuff. They have nothing that hinders your ability to play and complete the game. IOW stop complaining about something that's an eventuality and is trivial to the core game.  

20. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 13:10 Kxmode

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 09:28:
I micro transaction the SHIT out UBI Soft games. I cant help it. They have cool stuff in there.

So yeah. I like them and fuck you all

Don't apologies. You have money to spend. No regrets. The haters are typically poor suckers.

19. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 13:08 Kxmode

18. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 13:07 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 00:35:
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 20:36:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 20:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 19:46:
microtransactions brought in more revenue than digital game sales
We are doomed

Actually, it's what "we" want. "We" bought those microtransactions.

Who's "we" paleface? I am most certainly not down with the sickness.

Well, there's the 99% "we" who hate this shit. Then there's the 1% "we" that spend $10,000 on DLC/MT/lootboxes/gambling/hats

76% of statistics are made up.

13167 Comments. 659 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo