Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11386 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
7. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:14 Kxmode

I will also add that Brack's idea to create a "pristine server" is retarded. Retailers don't want that because it'll make their casual experience more challenging. Vanilla players don't want that because it'll be based on the current gameplay mechanics; they want the old skills and talents from pre-WOTLK. This is another example of Blizzard not listening to what we want. #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont. I think it's insulting that Blizzard would offer this abomination consisting of no talents, 70% cut abilities, none of the orginal zones/content in place of vanilla. I have to believe it would be MORE expansive to set up this kind of realm. And NOBODY asked for it.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2016, 12:31.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown
4. Re: Blizzard on Vanilla WoW Shutdown Apr 26, 2016, 12:05 Kxmode

TL;DR they said no.

The fact that they got J Allen Brack of all the people at Blizzard to respond to this instead of Mike Morhaime, the person we were really hoping to hear from, speaks volumes. Blizzard also didn't have the decency to acknowledge the petition and the hard work the Legacy community did to put together nearly a quarter million supporters, or the 150,000 active players on Nostalrius, or the nearly one million registered accounts.

They didn't give legacy servers at least a year to try. Mark said the process of bringing Legacy online - from Bnet2 integration to hardware setup - would take less than 6 months. They just talked about it but didn't even try. This is precisely why WOW's subs are falling. The people running WOW today don't even care to try something new. Remember when Blizzard used to be the trailblazers? Remember when almost every year there was a new WOW clone or Diablo clone. Those days are gone. Now Blizzard is scrambling to copy everyone else. Legacy servers was their last opportunity to be trailblazers again.

I don't think I've ever said this until today but I'm done with Blizzard. It is now very clear to me that their number one driving force isn’t their fan base, it’s money. So fine. More power to Blizzard. I sincerely hope they choke on their greed. I successfully predicted the third WOW expansion would be about Northrend; a year before its announcement. I successfully predicted Project Titan would be a MMOFPS 4 years before Overwatch was announced. Today, I am making a new prediction.

WOW is going to fold in about 5 years. Blizzard's own greed is going to be the WOW killer.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

News Comments > Diablo III Season 6 Rewards
4. Re: Diablo III Season 6 Rewards Apr 25, 2016, 20:29 Kxmode

I really like VANILLA ice cream. VANILLA ice cream is better than WOD-nut ice cream. I think Dairy Blizzard should start offering VANILLA since so many like that more than WOD-nut.  

News Comments > John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter
27. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:29 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:27:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:22:
I don't think "Welcome to the Jungle" is glam rock. That's what John Conner listened to while he was being stalked by the Terminator! That's pretty metal.

Dude. John Connor and the song was 'You Could Be Mine' (with one of the best drum/bass opening thunderstorms ever!).

Oh wow. Well there goes my nerd cred! My bad. I meant John Connor and "You Could Be Mine."

25. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:22 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:19:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:02:
BLACKROOM is metal. It features a new soundtrack and compositions by acclaimed metal guitarist George Lynch, frequently cited as one of the best metal guitarists in the world.

I'm pretty sure Slash from Guns N' Roses is one of the best metal guitarists in the world. His solo part in November Rain is crazy!

I dunno if most people would define Guns N' Roses as metal. It's more somewhere between Glam and Hard rock. Not that it takes away from the November rain solo.
Although now that I think about many of the bands Lynch was in are very glam rock too. *shrugs*

What I really came here to do is, to say that this game will be an epic fail.

I don't think "Welcome to the Jungle" is glam rock. That's what John Conner listened to while he was being stalked by the Terminator! That's pretty metal.

23. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:18 Kxmode

Placid wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 19:08:
I bet it gets cancelled in about 14 months.

Because he'll blow a ton of money on office space swag?

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2016, 19:26.

20. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 19:02 Kxmode

BLACKROOM is metal. It features a new soundtrack and compositions by acclaimed metal guitarist George Lynch, frequently cited as one of the best metal guitarists in the world.

I'm pretty sure Slash from Guns N' Roses is one of the best metal guitarists in the world. His solo part in November Rain is crazy!

6. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 17:05 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 17:02:
/FACE PALM

not even a hint of actual gameplay.

Precisely. All this is at the moment is an idea and a bunch of concept art. At least Star Citizen had a working prototype.

3. Re: John Romero's BLACKROOM Kickstarter Apr 25, 2016, 16:44 Kxmode

Angrius Maximis wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 16:39:
DAIKATANA HERE WE COME!

I suspect a similar fate awaits Chris Roberts. Gamers don't forget.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2016, 13:01 Kxmode

RoboNerd wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 10:37:
Re: They should put Prince on the $20 bill and call it $19.99.

Blue,

No way am I taking the bait on another $20 bill headline...

Nice try Uhoh

Nobody can actually party for $19.99. $19.99 in 2016 is actually $28.57. Or $3.50, if you're Nessie.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2016, 00:21 Kxmode

Rendition Vérité wrote on Apr 24, 2016, 17:31:
Hi Blue!

First post - I've been lurking since '96!

It's a great night for GOT fans. Enjoy!

Welcome to the community!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps
10. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps Apr 24, 2016, 15:39 Kxmode

Is GTAO an MMO?  

News Comments > More BlizzCon Tickets Today
2. Re: More BlizzCon Tickets Today Apr 24, 2016, 15:37 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 23:19:
Oh...yay. Bored

Could be worse. Apple had a lottery in order to pick 1,000 people to whom the PRIVILEGE of paying $1599 for a 2016 WWDC ticket would belong.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2016, 01:10 Kxmode

nin wrote on Apr 23, 2016, 00:34:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 23:03:
nin wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 21:45:
Spiders terrify the shit out of me. My cats love to do this routine where they stare at the wall, directly above/behind my head. And stare. And the eyes get bigger. "Is there something back there? Dare I turn around?"

Does it look something like this?

No no no, see, I'm not clicking that. Because we used to have a guy on our help desk that was also terrified of spiders and so we'd send him emails with pictures of spiders inside. THANK YOU OUTLOOK READING PANE! : : : : )

Trust me. It's not a scary spider.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2016, 23:05 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 13:54:
We just moved floors, and my coworker's new cube has a door that leads to a Veranda. We're going to start a garden in it.

Cool! Share some pics when your garden is up and running.

4. Re: Into the Black Apr 22, 2016, 23:03 Kxmode

nin wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 21:45:
Spiders terrify the shit out of me. My cats love to do this routine where they stare at the wall, directly above/behind my head. And stare. And the eyes get bigger. "Is there something back there? Dare I turn around?"

Does it look something like this?

3. Re: Into the Black Apr 22, 2016, 23:00 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 21:34:
A spider died while the reading of this story. Lights off in the room and on my smaller second monitor to the right of my main one is the linked story above. I start reading it and a fucking spider (size of a half-dollar) had the bravery to run right straight up in the middle of the screen and over the top. I (in all my manliness) scream like a blond cheerleader in a slasher movie

Is this how you looked?

News Comments > GOD EATER 2 RAGE BURST Bonuses
1. Re: GOD EATER 2 RAGE BURST Bonuses Apr 22, 2016, 22:56 Kxmode

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT... LOUD NOISES!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2016, 13:11 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2016, 11:42:
Like, hug a tree and scrub an otter, man!
Beatnik

A frog with fish eyes
*beats bongo*
A frog!
with fish eyes... brother
*beats bongo*
Beatnik

On a serious note, in one corner at my office is this coffee table that hasn't being used for months. I started an herbal garden on it. So far it's been a hit with coworkers.

News Comments > Judas TMed
2. Re: Judas TMed Apr 22, 2016, 13:09 Kxmode

Maybe it's about the guy who betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.  

11386 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo