Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13852 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
16. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 24, 2018, 03:59 Kxmode

Why doesn't Stardock just let these guys develop the game and they can publish it?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2018, 21:51 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 02:34:
As I understand it, WB contracted the devs that made Fallout Shelter to make them a Westworld game. The devs reskinned the game engine. I guess it depends on the contract Bethesda had with the dev and who owns the code.

I look at it like this, unless Zenimax gave Behaviour expressed permission to use the game engine for other properties, then the source code belongs to Zenimax, and Behaviour is only stewards of it. Also worth noting, Behaviour is working on Star Citizen. One of the things their studio was trying to figure out was how to clone objects to create brand new locations on a vast scale. It looks like they took their learnings from that project a bit too far.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Into the Black
28. Re: Into the Black Jun 22, 2018, 14:40 Kxmode

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 21:19:
The merchandise sales for Star Wars are at an all-time low (even less than when there were no movies being made).

Care to back up that statement with references?

25. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2018, 18:08 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 11:39:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 05:43:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 01:58:

A Splinter in the Force

This one will be the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Star Wars mash-up you never knew you needed. Master Splinter trains with yoda and becomes a galactic bad-ass with his ZANY pizza-loving turtle squadron.
Ninja turtles with lightsabers? Sign me up!

Well, technically, the only one who'd have proper lightsabers is Leonardo. The other's would have lightsaber variations of their favorite weapons.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 11:39:
@KX, I think you have a nice idea for a trilogy there.

Thanks! I think it would work. The problem with The Last Jedi and Solo is they take place in a well-established framework that is very familiar to most. But going back thousands of years to first-contact with the Force would be new ground for EVERYONE.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2018, 02:33 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 07:53:
"Sharing the good news" is kind of hysterical.

You call the single most important directive Jesus gave his followers an act of hysteria? No wonder Christians are lost. I find it fascinating, and all together sad.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2018, 02:27 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 10:00:
We're still waiting.

You, of all people, should know that I never start my posts off with clearly denoted biblical or religion tones. Case in point, the first post in this thread began with a simple, "Are you all still talking politics? It is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play." In other words, if you don't want me to go there, then don't take me there.

11. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2018, 01:58 Kxmode

What I want to see is the story of how and who discovered the force, and the pioneers who learned to wield it for good, and the splinter group who saw it as a powerful tool for selfish reasons. In Star Wars lore, Korriban is the original homeworld of the Sith race, but is this planet where the first contact with the force happened? How did these pioneers discover the connection between the Kyber crystals and the force? Was it them or their adversarial kin? There's a great story to tell here. Because it takes place thousands of years in the past, even before Knights of the Old Republic, Disney can give the writers and director a lot of freedom to go anywhere with it. The film could also tone down the technology and make it feel more like Firefly with its rustic western charms. I think that would be awesome.

Movie 1: The Voice of the Force - People from all over the galaxy begin to hear the calls of a presence and seek it out (think Close Encounters and the repeated shapes and sounds the people experienced) to learn.
Movie 2: A Splinter in the Force - A group of the gifted who reached the apex of knowledge in wielding the force and assembling kyber blades of light, break away to study the force for it's untapped "unnatural" purposes (like immortality). There's a hint of Xmen First Class here as sides begin to form and ideologies push friends apart.
Movie 3: The Force Ruptures - In a galaxy where the power of the force has remained hidden to all, a civil war breaks out between powerful agents. Between those who desire to use this found power for good and those who see it as an opportunity for control on a grand scale. Perhaps this film shows the birth of the prophecy of the One who would eventually bring balance to the force.

Anyhow, just brainstorming.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2018, 02:17.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 04:50 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 11:42:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 11:06:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 00:10:
Human politics religion is a facade. Tricks disguised as illusions into making people believe they will personally benefit if they support a person or a particular political religious organization. When it comes to politics religion, people are rubes. Their imperfection coupled with innate selfish desires are thoroughly incapable of helping anyone.

Mandatory mic drop & /thread
Mr. Tact gets a gold star and an extra cookie at snack time

Except he mad-libbed off my words. Just saying.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 04:41 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 11:06:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 00:10:
Human politics religion is a facade. Tricks disguised as illusions into making people believe they will personally benefit if they support a person or a particular political religious organization. When it comes to politics religion, people are rubes. Their imperfection coupled with innate selfish desires are thoroughly incapable of helping anyone.

I agree with that too as far as the big religions go and most definitely with those who get themselves involved in political antics. I laugh when I see religious leaders hugging and kissing politics rulers, or let some politician give a speech inside the church (a house of worship). What a total freak circus!

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2018, 04:57.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 04:35 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 02:29:
Helping the poor is a core tenet of Christianity.

It is, and it is a very noble action that a person should feel proud of. Jesus said, “There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” (Acts 20:35) However, helping the poor isn't the primary thing that churches should be doing. Jesus provided a report of his many good deeds to his disciplines at the time. "The blind are now seeing, and the lame are walking, the lepers are being cleansed, and the deaf is hearing, the dead are being raised up." (Matthew 11:4-6) However, among the many good deeds, he performed, sharing the good news about God's kingdom remained the most important. It is the one activity no other Christian denomination engages in except for Jehovah's Witnesses. To clarify, sharing in the ministry of Jesus is not the same as building a structure, placing a cross on top, and sitting back waiting for people to come to you. Sharing involves going to where people live, shop, and congregate together.

Jesus encouraged his followers to do this on every occasion possible. In this regard, the Churches have failed miserably. Worst, inside of joining in this ministry they actively try to prevent the good news from being shared with willing listeners. For example, last year the Russia government - in direct opposition to their own chartered billed of rights - banned Jehovah's Witnesses on fake charges claiming the Witnesses are on the same level as a terrorist organization. The primary organization which supported the ban was the Russian Orthodox church.

By not participating in politics, you are actively shirking that duty, given that the government is the single most powerful influencer of poverty in this nation.

That's a very binary view of things. Jesus said, “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matt. 22:39) Besides the sharing the good news and helping people learn how to be good citizens (aside: a lot of inmates have benefited from studying the Bible, turned their lives around and became upstanding members of society), the Witnesses have done more for religion and civil liberty freedoms than any other group by winning a large number of Supreme Court cases. Many minority groups have benefited from these court decisions. The Witnesses do this without protesting, without holding a gun, without violence, without holding a political office, or by supporting a political agency. Besides, all the protesting in the world isn't going to solve poverty, because poverty is a self-inflicted issue related to greed, and it's impossible to change the status-quo of greed when the "god of this system of things" is a selfish mass murderer. (2 Corinthians 4:4; John 8:44)

If you were on a bus and the bus driver stroked out, would you jump to take the wheel, or would you do nothing claiming that "public transportation was a fool's errand" despite the fact that you completely benefited from the transport that bus was providing?

I know what you're getting at, but that's apples and oranges hypothetical thinking. I could just as quickly flip the logic around and say the number of Supreme court cases the Witnesses have won are now part of the fabric of America's freedoms. Are you going to tell me that because the Witnesses are not political that this somehow negates the freedoms people like you enjoy today?

The bottom line is people want good government. They demand integrity from their officials. And yet the simple truth is the good news of God's Kingdom is the government with honest officials that people seek.

5. Re: Into the Black Jun 20, 2018, 03:39 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 21:10:
I'm still not paying 10 bucks for your shitty streaming network, CBS.

Do you actually have a subscription to the network? Don't answer. It's rhetorical.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2018, 05:00.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2018, 16:28 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 19, 2018, 12:13:
Space Force! Space Force! Space Force!

Star Wars?

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
42. "Gaming Disorder" Jun 19, 2018, 01:28 Kxmode

How to tell if someone has a "Gaming Disorder"

Normal: Bought a pack of Hearthstone cards for $5
Disorder: Spent $30,000 in Star Citizen (and doesn't have that kind of money)

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2018, 01:06 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 19:50:
  • Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 15:56:
    It is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Someone made almost this exact same comment about MMOs the other day

Also, I dont know a single Christian who is politically neutral. Whatever dimension this "neutral observer" sect seems to inhabit, is not bleeding through into ours.

Because churches are incredibly political, which flies in the face of everything Jesus was. After Jesus miraculously fed the 5,000 people with bread and fish, John 6:14,15 reports, "When the people saw the sign he performed, they began to say: “This really is the Prophet who was to come into the world.” Then Jesus, knowing that they were about to come and seize him to make him king, withdrew again to the mountain all alone."

If memory serves, there are two other recorded occasions where everyday people wanted to make Jesus their king right then and there, but he wanted nothing to do with it. He told Pilate, "My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source." (John 18:36) In so many words here he defined Christian neutrality.

Over and over again Jesus demonstrated that his desire and the desire of his followers should be total faith in God's heavenly government as the only solution to solve all human problems. Most churches do not teach this. They confuse their parishioners with lies like God's kingdom is a "condition of the heart," and then encourage their congregations to support a specific person or political party in direct conflict with Jesus definition of neutrality.

There's a reason people are disgusted by the hypocrisy of churches getting themselves all mired in political affairs when their purpose is to provide spiritual food. The first-century church was politically neutral and never supported the Roman government or the Jewish government, or any other governments in the region.

Re: Someone made almost this exact same comment about MMOs the other day.

Sometime I feel like that, especially during content droughts.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2018, 01:16.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2018, 00:38 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 20:07:
    Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 18:45:
    Beamer wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 17:00:
    Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 15:56:
    Are you all still talking politics? It is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

This is going to be a whole new can of worms, but as a straight, white, Christian male, do you get why a comment like that may be one from a point of privilege? That your own birth identity has never been one politics tried to limit?

As far as I know, though, ever American here fits that, though.

"As a Christian." Have you ever considered that your identity as a Christian involves political neutrality? Do you remember when Jesus told Pilate his kingdom was no part of this world? Being a Christian, or a follower of Christ, means you are a subject of his government. Since his kingdom is heavenly, it stands to reason that you wouldn't get involved in human politics, and you would stay neutral to the conflicts of any nation (military). Hence the meaning behind my "The only winning move is not to play." The bottom line is politics is a game for fools. All it has done for the past thousands of years is hurt humanity. (Ecclesiastes 8:9)

Do you think your standing in this country is comparable to Muslims? Maybe you think it's ok to stand by because it has hurt people, but not people like you? Maybe others don't stand by because it repeatedly hurts them, specifically?

I have no standing in this country because I don't vote or involve myself in politics. If I legally immigrated to Canada or Germany, I wouldn't have a standing there because I wouldn't vote or get involved in their politics. What I do is remain "in subjection to the superior authorities," by obeying their laws, honestly pay my taxes, and pretty much try to be an upstanding member of society. (Romans 13:1) But I (and all Witnesses) have no political representations, by choice.

I wouldn't live in a Muslim country because it's not wise to put myself in a situation where the authorities and citizenry actively persecute people affiliated with another religion, not to mention all Christian religions are typically banned in these countries.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2018, 00:10 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 21:18:
    Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 18:45:
    Are you all still talking politics? It is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

This is going to be a whole new can of worms, but as a straight, white, Christian male, do you get why a comment like that may be one from a point of privilege? That your own birth identity has never been one politics tried to limit?

The bottom line is politics is a game for fools.
    You do know that politics is real. Belief in a bearded zombie and sky wizard is the only foolish thing here.

Human politics is a facade. Tricks disguised as illusions into making people believe they will personally benefit if they support a person or a particular political organization. When it comes to politics, people are rubes. Their imperfection coupled with innate selfish desires are thoroughly incapable of helping anyone. A song once stated a self-evident truth: "Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation." (Psalms 146:3) Even if - by some miracle - a human could give everyone everything they ever wanted, that human can never take away sin and death. Or bring back loved ones. Or make wars stop. Or bring peaceful conditions to humans. Or control the weather. Or make food grow in the hottest deserts or on top of the highest mountains. Jesus can, and his kingdom - God's heavenly government - will accomplish these things. The Bible talks about this from its beginning to its end as the next significant chapter in human history. But you go ahead and keep involving yourself in "real" politics. When you're 65, and if this system is still around, you will find that the status-quo never changed.

News Comments > Games Removing SDK Amid Spyware Accusations
    6. Re: Games Removing SDK Amid Spyware Accusations Jun 18, 2018, 19:08 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 13:56:
    Fuck you, you piece of shit publishers.

And this helps how?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2018, 18:45 Kxmode

"As a Christian." Have you ever considered that your identity as a Christian involves political neutrality? Do you remember when Jesus told Pilate his kingdom was no part of this world? Being a Christian, or a follower of Christ, means you are a subject of his government. Since his kingdom is heavenly, it stands to reason that you wouldn't get involved in human politics, and you would stay neutral to the conflicts of any nation (military). Hence the meaning behind my "The only winning move is not to play." The bottom line is politics is a game for fools. All it has done for the past thousands of years is hurt humanity. (Ecclesiastes 8:9)

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
    36. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 18:30 Kxmode

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 17:43:
    LOL-- WHO ignores ebola but is all over gaming(right or wrong) what a useless organization.
    [url=]https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/20/ebola-emergency-guinea-epidemic-who[/url]

Forum code tip:
    [url= https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/20/ebola-emergency-guinea-epidemic-who]This link[/url]

Just remove the space after url=

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2018, 15:56 Kxmode

13852 Comments. 693 pages. Viewing page 7.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo