Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12652 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 2, 2017, 01:55 Kxmode

Holy crap people! Put down the phone and help that family.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2017, 00:01 Kxmode

April showers bring May flowers.
June highs lead to July flies (vacation travel).
August blues turn into September hues.
October spooks transform into November cooks.
I've got nothing for December.

News Comments > Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players
2. Re: Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players May 1, 2017, 23:57 Kxmode

Registered and Active are two entirely different things. At its peak, WOW had close to 13 million active players. Now it's diminished to the point where they no longer report numbers. Hearthstone is the same way. How many are active, and of that amount, how many buy things? That's the real barometer for success. I suspect the real number is MUCH less than this fluffy PR piece makes it out to be. Also, it sounds like Blizzard is trying to get people addicted by giving them their "first hit" for free. Has Activision-Blizzard's marketing gone too far?  

3. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 29, 2017, 21:48 Kxmode

They want to look like peasants. They just don't want to smell like them.  

News Comments > Abandon Ship Trailer
4. Re: Abandon Ship Trailer Apr 29, 2017, 21:43 Kxmode

Was hoping this was a sinking ship survival game kind of like The Poseidon Adventure. That would fascinating.  

1. Re: Into the Black Apr 29, 2017, 00:59 Kxmode

The lazy and rich can now afford to buy a pair of jeans for $425 that looks like you have a dirty job. It's "cosmetics" for men. I'd imagine a person who dates someone purely on stuff like this is just as shallow as the one wearing the jeans. They deserve each other.

"Heavily distressed medium-blue denim jeans in a comfortable straight-leg fit embody rugged, Americana workwear that's seen some hard-working action with a crackled, caked-on muddy coating that shows you're not afraid to get down and dirty."

Shallow and pedantic.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2017, 19:08 Kxmode

sauron wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 10:16:
Thanks for all the congrats on our martial endurance!

Heh heh, I think you probably meant 'marital', Blue.

Although all is fair in love and war, of course.

The man is the head of the house, but the wife is the neck that turns it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2017, 11:08 Kxmode

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Blue! My mom likes to tell me about the time where she and my dad walked into a Hallmark store and picked out anniversary cards (her for him, and him for her). They read the cards to each other, put the cards back on the shelf, and went out to dinner. LOL!  

30. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 22:50 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 13:41:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 11:57:
For example, in Signs, note the painful reaction from the alien at the end when water falls on it.

It's bullshit anyway you look at it. Let's assume that they don't breathe air either. Since air has a significant amount of water vapour in it.

It's a full on retard species of aliens then. They are invading earth. Yet they don't know that this blue shit is deadly to them. That's akin to humans not knowing that they can't breathe under water. Or that fire will burn them.

It's cavemen level intelligence at work there. It just makes no sense and completely ruins what is otherwise an interesting flick.

Purely from a sci-fi standpoint, an alien race that can traverse vast distances in space to reach Earth isn't "retarded." However, it would have been prudent to do more scouting missions. Intercepting and reviewing our transmissions and running experiments to note the effect water has on their biology would have been smart. Was this an oversight? Perhaps. It happens to the best of us.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released
1. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 12:55 Kxmode

Wahhhh. Waaaahhh never changes.  

27. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 12:01 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 09:43:
The best thing the critics said about Split was that it heralded the return of Shyamalan.

It didn't.

Rarely have I seen a movie with less redeeming qualities, and I walked out on Life.

Not sure how Split and Life are related. AFAIK M. Night Shyamalan had no involvement with Life.

26. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 11:57 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 08:15:
Signs was creepy in a kind of "Close Encounters" kind of way, but then the terrible aliens that can seemingly shrug off interstellar travel, nuclear missiles, and conventional weapons are vulnerable to something that makes up about 70% of the surface of this planet. Hey dumbfuck aliens? Ever heard of hazmat suits?

Nothing is ever black and white. There are many subtle but easily missed details. For example, in Signs, note the painful reaction from the alien at the end when water falls on it. That response seems to indicate they didn't know water was deadly to their species. This realization is something they should've researched first. It also reminded me of the aliens in the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds update. They waited underground for hundreds and thousands of years only to be defeated by common air-born bacteria that are completely harmless to us. Pwned!

20. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 11:31 Kxmode

MattyC wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 05:12:
A plane or loud car never went near The Village?

As far as the plane goes, it's explained in the film with the security guard at the end, "It's a really easy gig, Kevin. Maintain and protect the border. That's it. A few years ago, it got out in the papers that some government guys had been paid off to keep plane routes from flying over this place." So that's why planes never flew overhead. Although not explicitly stated in the film, for cars and traffic, it's within the realm of possibility that two parameters protect the compound. An inner (which is where the blind girl went) and an outer that prevents random "tourists" and traffic from entering.

18. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 11:16 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 03:45:
The problem is all of the good will he burned with trash such as The Happening and Signs, and that mermaid one that I can't even recall the name of.

Signs is a great film, and I agree with you on Lady in the Water. Shyamalan went full ego on that movie by writing himself into it as a great author. As Wikipedia puts it, "writing The Cookbook, which contained views and ideas so significant they will inspire a future President, a great Midwestern orator, to substantially change the world for the better." (eye rolling) The Happening had an exciting premise but executed poorly. It also didn't help that Mark Wahlberg was the lead. He's a great method actor but terrible at quiet drama. The film needed a better lead that's good at facial acting. There were so many private and reactionary moments that didn't require words. IMHO Peter Sarsgaard would've been a better choice. Watch his facial acting in this clip from Shattered Glass. It's amazingly subtle.

5. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2017, 23:22 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 22:10:
Dacote wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 21:07:
Split was disappointing, M.Night films would be better off with somebody else directing them.

Split was fantastic and he did a great job directing it. What he sucks at is writing human dialogue but that's ok in the context of his strange 'universe' for these characters.

His dialogue is superb. What he's bad at is pacing. Many of his films slog through trivialities. The Village is a good example that took too long and meandered on stuff that didn't serve the main plot. Once I saw the ending hook, I immediately became more interested in the back story of how a group of people came together to create a community, and swear to the point of death of never revealing the secret. That's fascinating to me.

I also liked Split, but it had flaws. Many of them were smoothed over with James McAvoy's superb acting. The only other actor I've seen transitional effortlessly between personalities is Brent Spiner in an episode of TNG called "Masks." It's a goofy episode, but the acting by Spiner is top-notch.

1. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2017, 19:17 Kxmode

Unbreakable remains one of my top superheroes films. I think it was the real precursor to all superhero movies and TV shows. It also came out the same year as X-Men. So while X-Men established the big-budget special effects spectacle for superhero films, it was Unbreakable that infused reality and dimensionality to the characters. We would go on to see this infusion in Nolan's Batman trilogy, TV's Heroes, and more.  

News Comments > Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room?
9. Re: Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room? Apr 26, 2017, 16:49 Kxmode

Echoing Slick's comment... absolutely. Once a company goes public they're no longer have the luxury of private ownership. Publically traded firms have a fiduciary responsibility to maximize investor returns within the constraints of what's lawful. Engaging in a "hostile" takeover by buying all available PUBLIC shares, is fully within what is legal. UbiSoft lost the moment they went public.  

News Comments > Everything Released
19. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 01:36 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 18:10:
This viewpoint is quite literally an association fallacy because they base this conclusion on the premise that stars of our sun's size and age typically exhibit signs of cooling. And yet, contrary to all scientific thought, they can't explain why the sun is burning hotter now than at any point in the past 1,000 years.

What the fuckity fuck? This is just blatantly false. No one is confused by the science behind an aging sun but you. You don't put any effort whatsoever into finding the scientific conclusions to things that you bring to question. Your lack of understanding doesn't preclude the existence of the evidence. Stars burn hotter and expand as they age until they collapse, and everyone (elementary school children are taught this) but you seems to be aware of this. Your statement is so wrong it could only have originated as a talking point on some religious truther website, and you didn't even bother to check to see if it was accurate. This is what happens when you blindly accept a text as truth and are willing to regurgitate it without verification. Every last ounce of science can be verified and repeated, or it isn't science.

I am not referring to the age of the sun. I am referring to the fact that at its age it is getting hotter; despite the fact that scientists know similar stars begin to exhibit signs of cooling. To your point about putting forth any effort, here are 29 million results from the growing scientific consensus about the sun's rising heat. Many articles in those results have data and quotes from scientists who believe that the sun, not humans, is primarily responsible for global warming due to increased radiation upon the earth.

The point is the radical heating up of the sun flies in the face of what scientists accept as the norm today. They can't explain WHY the sun is heating up. So how does anyone continue to put faith in their predictions about what the sun will do in 4-5 billion years?

Science and scientists aren't infallible in their conclusions. More often than not, their findings are wrong. "Every last ounce of science can be verified and repeated, or it isn't science." I'll just pull one example out of the hat to deflate this statement. It took scientists 100 years to proved Einstein's general theory of relativity. In all that time, it could not be verified or repeated until they proved it correct. See the hypocrisy? It's very convenient when the subject of ire is the Bible, but science? How dare I question its validity. Science isn't the Spanish Inquisition. The nature of science is to question EVERYTHING (like that?). HOW, WHAT, WHEN, and WHERE. The Bible only explains the WHY; something science continues to struggle with.

News Comments > Everything Released
18. Re: Everything Released Apr 24, 2017, 23:50 Kxmode

In an interest of stifling this discussion, I will remind you that my first comment had NOTHING to do with the Bible, Christianity, or anything of the sort.

---

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 13:25:
* watches video *
WTF did I just watch?

Animals doing summersaults while Alan Watts spouts nonsensical gibberish about time being a social construct. Basically, a video game for beatniks.

---

The very next comment turned it into something about Christianity:

descender wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 08:23:
Everyone should listen to more Alan Watts, it would be good for you. Especially someone who has to fight himself to stop spouting nonsensical gibberish about his particular brand of Christian oppression... Some eastern philosophy might just blow your mind.

---

So ask yourselves, who is adhering to the rule of not posting religion things? If you take my non-religious comments and turn them religious, then it'll go there. I created the TamperMonkey script for the purpose of ignoring me so that my words won't trigger your atheistic sensibilities. Most mature, intelligent people can handle comments about the bible, just like I can handle comments from your guys about politics. I simply chose to ignore them.

48. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 23:37 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 16:24:
You don't have to have faith or belief in science, science is merely a process that produces evidence. Science doesn't require belief because you can be shown how and why it works or else it isn't science.

Of which, mine is based on historical evidence

No, it isn't.

There is absolutely zero evidence that any of the mystical things mentioned in your religious text of choice actually happened. There are a few references to actual historical events and civilizations that existed at the time but zero evidence to support any of the mystical claims made by the writings.

Actual historical evidence only shows that humans have been reinventing and stealing similar religious stories for millenia across thousands of different religions. There is zero evidence to show that any of them are actually accurate or true or possess any verifiable knowledge of a living deity. That you would or could be so naive to believe any one religious text in the face of insurmountable evidence that your book is neither original nor special... that's faith. Having "faith" in any particular religion is essentially being willfully ignorant to historical evidence.

I'm not going to get into the analytical point-by-point minutiae with you because to do so would be a waste of time for us both. Your respond is typical of someone with surface knowledge of the Bible, at best. In other words, come back and say the same things after you have studied the Bible at considerable length.

12652 Comments. 633 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo