Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15594 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy
14. Re: Take-Two's Borderlands 3 Investigation Sparks Controversy Aug 8, 2019, 05:34 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 22:15:
Doesn't make ant sense. Why not just fix the exploit if what they say is true? Why let him continue for 10 months, if they take security seriously?

Nothing makes Ant sense!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 23:13 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 22:57:
I can only assume that this guy is really REALLY naive if he actually thought that the provocative and antagonistic tone he used in his announcement of Epic exclusivity could have resulted in anything other than the shitstorm of vile toxicity that arose. It ain't right, but it was bound to happen - it's the friggin internet.

IKR? It's like that time Filip Muicin dared Kotaku editor Jason Schreier and by extension the Internet to find more examples of him plagiarizing.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 23:08 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 22:14:
TLDR
9 out of 10 mom's can't tell the difference between an entitled gamer and a rabid piranha.

And choosy moms choose JIF.

Is there a point you're trying to make beyond the point of being an insufferable ass?

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 21:27 Kxmode

Squirmer wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 20:40:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 19:53:
What a clueless dingbat.
I don't get it. The worst thing you could find to cite there is "nobody owes you the game", and meanwhile the dev is being called a f----- n----- k---, a piece of shit, and told to kill himself. And you're suggesting it's somehow his fault? Don't stir the angry gamer nest!

The TL;DR is the guy came out of the gate swinging in their announcement before they received a reply from anyone. It's a train-wreck of a read. As someone pointed out, beyond the hostile language, he was not truthful in the opening statement. In other words, "Everyone kept talking about this 'Epic' thing, so we thought we'd see what it’s all about" conflicts with "As a user of both Steam and EGS myself." Which is it? It can't be both.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 20:03 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 19:25:
This "debate" is soooooooooooooo boring. Is anyone else as bored as I am with this? I would literally rather read another Star Citizen thread, that's how bad it's become.

If it "is soooooooooooooo boring," why did you bother to contribute the following three paragraphs?

Slick wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 19:25:
Why don't you gamers get as angry when 90% of the good Japanese videogames get sold exclusively on the Playstation instead of the Xbox? There are millions of western gamers who grew up on, and love Japanese games. If it already exists as a Playstation title, porting to Xbox is NOT very difficult, they're essentially the same hardware.

Studios make games and specifically release them on ONLY Nintendo, Xbox, Playstation, or PC. That's exclusive behaviour, and nobody seems to care. It is FAR more cumbersome to literally buy a new console just to play the game you want. With EGS it's double-clicking a different icon on your desktop. Some perspective please.

Can we either have the same level of outrage across the board or just give it up already? It's clear that people pick their fights based on where the most outrage is to not feel isolated.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 19:53 Kxmode

What a clueless dingbat.  

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Aug 7, 2019, 17:56 Kxmode

Epic shut down Paragon in April 2018. Paragon had a launcher that Epic repurposed into the EGS app and launched in December 2018, seven months later. That's why it is missing essential features such as a shopping cart and cloud saves. In 2018 Epic made 3 billion. That's more than enough to build and launch a proper store to compete with Steam on merit and features. So it wasn't for lack of funds. Time was the reason Epic rushed their store to market. Fortnite has an expiration date that's tied to current-gen consoles. Consoles are the primary source of their Fortnite income, and once the nextgen consoles come out, that will rock Epic's cash cow in a significant way. PC games don't have "cycles" like consoles, which is why games like LOL continue to be so successful. Anyone willing to buy from EGS is purchasing stuff from a store still under construction. In that context, Epic is in no position to hold people hostage to buy products from their store. The moral thing to do would be to give people an incentive and reason to buy from Epic like give publishers $10 for each unit sold and drop the price by that much for all games including upcoming.  

News Comments > Anthem Cataclysm Launches
19. Re: Anthem Cataclysm Launches Aug 7, 2019, 14:52 Kxmode

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 10:33:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 7, 2019, 08:15:
new patch
232 viewers on twitch

L
O
L

What kind of person watches Twitch? I personally would rather play games or live life over watching someone else any day

You watch because of the personality of the host and the game(s) you like.

News Comments > GreedFall Features Trailer
1. Re: GreedFall Features Trailer Aug 7, 2019, 14:49 Kxmode

lovedeath on May 27 @ 4:51pm: don't go epic EXCLUSIVE

Raibibi [developer] on Jun 13 @ 10:02am: Hello everyone, For the moment, the game is planned to release on PC through Steam, PS4 and Xbox One. Don't worry; we will notify you if we had more stores and sellers.

sauce: https://steamcommunity.com/app/606880/discussions/0/1651045226234549534/

News Comments > Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal
55. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 23:19 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 21:14:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 12:36:
Hey, are there any links to that stuff floating around? I'm curious to see exactly what kind of the folks are making up.
There are some screen caps in this https://medium.com/@perplamps/regarding-whats-been-happening-3af0f27d863c
You normal average run-of-the mill racist/ethnic/homophobic slurs, threats, violence, rape, suicide, self-harm, and other stuff.
It really is time for anonymity on the internet to go away, we've proven it don't work.
Epic Store Rage Has Gotten Out Of Hand

I agree that the examples he cites are horrible. However, there is a flip-side to every story courtesy of a pair of comprehensive videos from Yongyea. Both address the sides in an even-handed way, and I recommend every one watch so you get a better overview of it all. He also provides a perspective with screenshots from the consumer side, demonstrating that Ben's adversarial behavior towards legitimate questions arising from the EGS deal likely lead to the toxic backlash. Some highlights include:

nonplayercat: "I don't understand what it is exactly that you hope to achieve by complaining about the tone of the blogpost. Like, if you don't like our personality or our style of writing, that's totally fine, but we can't really help you there."
(Ben) perplamps: "at the end of the day it's open to whoever wants to support the patreon, we don't need the money from there now though"

Translation: I don't care what Patreons have to say anymore. Their use has expired now that we have Epic's money.

Or this one:

Deadly Penguin: "What option do the people that literally can't buy the game now due to Epic not supporting their currency have?, I wanted to buy the game, but now I'm 100% unable since I don't have the means to do so, does not wanting to support Epic Games make me an entitled angry child just because my country isn't allowed to buy games in my own currency? Am i an enraged manbaby due to the fact that even if i did buy it, it would cost me more than it should?"
(Ben) perplamps: "you'll have to wait I guess! nobody owes you the game"

Tim Sweeney not taking the high road didn't help either.

Long story short, Ben's response to questions about the EGS exclusivity created a fire. That fire got out of hand, and now he's activated his SJW card and acting like a millennial. To put it lightly he went Derek Smart on backers and then doesn't understand where the anger is coming from.

BTW I put Metro Exodus back on the Do-Not-Buy list. You couldn't be a gentleman and take my gesture of goodwill, couldn't you? You just had to put in that last word jab, didn't you? I guess it was too much to expect from a troll. Rolleyes

Edit: Here are a pair of Ooblets commentaries from HeelvsBabyface and Laymen Gaming.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2019, 23:42.

49. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 15:07 Kxmode

Done  

News Comments > Square Enix Financials
1. Re: Square Enix Financials Aug 6, 2019, 14:15 Kxmode

Square Enix is one of the last big publishers to back new ideas like Life is Strange and Octopath Traveler.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Why I Turned Down The Matrix - STORYTIME. Aug 6, 2019, 14:10 Kxmode

Good story!  

47. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 13:53 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 13:45:
Hey, could you exclude Ashen, Borderlands 3, Beyond Two Souls, Close to the Sun, Control, Dangerous Driving, Detroit: Become Human, Dauntless, Genesis Alpha One, Hades, Heavy Rain, Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek, INDUSTRIES OF TITAN, Journey to the Savage Planet, Kine, Maneater, Metro: Exodus, Observation, Ooblets [New], Operencia: The Stolen Sun, Phoenix Point, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Retro City Rampage sequel, Roller Coaster Tycoon Adventures, Satisfactory, Spellbreak, Super Meat Boy Forever, The Walking Dead: The Final Season, The Outer Worlds, Unreal Tournament, World War Z from this list? For me? :o

I'll remove one. Pick one.

45. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 13:38 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 12:34:
Hey, could you exclude Shakedown Hawaii from this list? For me? :)

For you. Sure!

44. Re: removed Aug 6, 2019, 13:35 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 10:26:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 6, 2019, 11:55.

Thanks, Blue.

40. removed Aug 6, 2019, 10:26 Kxmode

* REMOVED *

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans
42. Re: Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans Aug 6, 2019, 10:22 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 21:32:
TheEmissary wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 21:12:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 5, 2019, 14:00:

I think a better analogy would be a Orville fan finding out that the series is going to be a Hulu exclusive. The show was previously on a freely available over-the-air channel and now is on a service you may not want.
Wow, that's not even close. EGS is a store and it costs nothing to use it while HULU charges a monthly fee.
But you got the Brain trust to agree w/you so you get extra points.

"Do you hear that?"
"Yes. Sounds like gurgling noises from the peanut gallery."

39. removed Aug 6, 2019, 10:17 Kxmode

* REMOVED *

38. Re: Ooblets Team Faces Backlash Over Epic Games Store Deal Aug 6, 2019, 10:16 Kxmode

SabreT wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 07:06:
Titus wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 07:03:
Claiming a vocal minority without numbers is useless, as is claiming people to be guilty without proof.

Just look at Epic's financials and stock price if you want numbers.

Epic isn't a publicly traded company. They don't have stocks.

15594 Comments. 780 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo