Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13193 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
56. Re: removed Nov 17, 2017, 18:28 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 18:20:
NKD wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 17:18:
Look at these REMOVED posts. Special snowflake DangerDog can't handle his opinion being criticised and has to get it removed. Just like his hero Donald Trump. Grow a pair, Cletus.

The post was not reported by DangerDog.

Please everyone try to keep the personal attacks in check, especially in topics that get this heated.

This topic looks more heated than Star Citizen, religion, or politics.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: removed Nov 17, 2017, 17:38 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 17:18:
Look at these REMOVED posts. Special snowflake DangerDog can't handle his opinion being criticised and has to get it removed. Just like his hero Donald Trump. Grow a pair, Cletus.

People could also express an opinion without breaking Blue's extremely lenient rules. Just saying...

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

35. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 16:07 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 15:30:
It's like Disney is in this odd state of turmoil where they don't want to have the bad guys be really evil. It all has to play out where when you see Darth Vader in a Disneyland parade you have little kids cheer.

Kind of like what Joseph Goebbels did with Hitler's image in Germany.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 14:49 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:11:
It's "dark and gritty." Inquisitive

I think DC's "dark and gritty" is more trashy emo. //_-

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
54. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 13:55 Kxmode

Nullity wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 13:22:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 01:29:
I'm pretty sure if EA doesn't handle their stuff Disney is going to move their Star Wars IP elsewhere.
We can only hope.

From the minute they announced that EA had an exclusive Star Wars license, everyone knew it was going to be a shit-show.

Well, not everyone. Disney wasn't in the know. Pretty sure during the RFP stage EA impressed Disney with their dog and pony show numbers. If Disney did their due diligence they would have found EA is one of the most loathsome companies, and THE most loathsome in the video game industry.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 13:50 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 08:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 08:21:
We'll see that you get a nomination for sainthood (or whatever).

/end sarcasm
shush, don't feed

Dude. Seriously. Your discussing hardcore political topics on a video game news site. Pretty sure that all kinds of trollfoolery.

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 13:46 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:16:
BF4 was probably the best unlock grinding system to date by DICE. You could unlock multiple things simultaneously, the goals were mostly realistic, and they still had pay unlocks for people who wanted shortcuts, but nothing was really overpowered.

BF1 got worse, can only effectively unlock one thing at a time, there are sequential steps preventing you from unlocking in natural gameplay(sometimes) and there is a lot of randomized cosmetic crap to sift through.

SWBF unlocks were annoying, but honestly I find the gameplay boring enough that I didn't even bother grinding that much. Other SWBF players can comment more on that. The idea of the Hut contracts and other unlock paths weren't too terrible though.

SWBF2 seems to be doubling down on the mistakes of BF1 and SWBF, most notably with obscene exp requirements, and then adding the exp caps per round and per day. Not player friendly, and not something one would hope for from a team that theoretically has half a dozen unlock-grinding games under their belt already.

SWBF3. EA will come to your house and hold you hostage for up to 16 hours (the actual number is a RNG). You can obtain your freedom by paying $29.95.

17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 13:43 Kxmode

I think a more appropriate title is "Star Wars Battlefront II Crash and Burns"  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 04:28 Kxmode

See. Absolutely no peep out me about your political discussions.  

41. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 04:21 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 02:47:
Timmeh wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 02:12:
I hope EA and Dice read this. !@#$ off. Not only will I never buy SWBF2.. but I also deleted Battlefield 1. You can shove it all up your ass. I will never buy another dice product again. Ever.

I'm sure they've read this and it will come up in the next corporate memo.

Actually they've read it and decided to disable Timmeh!

40. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 04:19 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 02:04:
"The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date"

Translation: We will wait until you all have bought it because of this TEMPORARY change and will just turn it on again in a few weeks. Buy, people - BUY!!! Did we listen? Yes, but not to you but to our shareholders.

Actually, their plan is simple. They will keep microtransactions disabled until people get so sick of the grind that by the time EA enables it people will be happy to throw their cards at EA. It's the "kid holds breathe until he gets his ice cream" strategy.

39. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 04:16 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 01:59:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 01:29:
I'm pretty sure if EA doesn't handle their stuff Disney is going to move their Star Wars IP elsewhere.
They can try. Who else is going to make them the money that EA does? Activision, maybe, but that's a big maybe. Ubi? Please.

CD Projekt Red. Any company that can employ over a 1,000 people to work on a single game (Witcher 3) and can publish it themselves, can handle a franchise like Star Wars.

23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:39 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 00:37:
I bought some boxes

You don't need to justify yourself to anyone.

22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:38 Kxmode

yonder wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 23:17:
EA's business model is all about the 18 month cycle. There's literally a sucker born every minute, so who cares how many people learn how crappy you are, all that matters is naive people giving them money because they ignore the press and experienced friends.

All correct except word of mouth can cause way more damage than EA's ability to reel in "new suckers." Bad PR can spread like wildfire to the point where even "new suckers" decide not to buy EA products. You need to look no further than this story to see the effects of severely negative PR.

Fundamentally EA's business model is flawed. It's predicated on one goal: maximize shareholder value. As long as that exists, they will always place profit above quality. The only way EA can take back their business is to become a private company.

21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:29 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 22:53:
Don't fall for it... Temporarily suspending in-game purchases doesn't mean jack shit, wait and see if they actually change what those purchases are.

Overon wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 22:54:
They will wait for the heat to die down and all the people who have cancelled their preorders to buy and then when they give them a taste of the game they will turn that shit back on, slowly but surely. Don't fall for it.

This is what eroded trust looks like and is the bottom rungs of any business. When people get to this level of angry, EA has lost far more than they would have gained with microtransactions. They should've focused on a really fun game and let the game sell itself. I'm pretty sure if EA doesn't handle their stuff Disney is going to move their Star Wars IP elsewhere.

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:21 Kxmode

ItBurn wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 22:17:
That's awesome. People are learning. Not sure I thought it would ever happen: consumers understanding their power. You know EA'll double down on their BS soon.

Patient: Doc, I'm in pain!
Doctor: I see. So where does it hurt?
Patient: Everywhere!
Doctor: I see. So I'm going to recommend something really radical.
Patient: I'll do anything.
Doctor: Stop hitting yourself.

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 01:18 Kxmode

Blue, is it a faux pas to have "As a result" back to back?  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 13:53 Kxmode

Decided to pass on SWBF2. I'm not interested in multiplayer. Endless reviews all show one thing: the single-player campaign is very short. I'll wait until it's on sale or there's a cheap CD key. Hoping by the time the game is on sale I'll have an upgraded machine.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 13:45 Kxmode

Been with GW2 since the beginning. It remains the only MMO I still play today.

P.S. Griffon mount is so much fun!

News Comments > Wild West Online Early Access
7. Re: Wild West Online Early Access Nov 15, 2017, 14:26 Kxmode

now officially in early access, allowing brave homesteaders the chance to be pioneers in this new MMORPG. The preorder page now offers three packages, Townie for $29.99, Pioneer for $49.99, and Collector at $79.99, but only the two more expensive ones include early access along with their extra perks.

This is all kinds of wrong. Sigh

13193 Comments. 660 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo