Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12963 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Community Documentary
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Sep 10, 2017, 02:40 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 21:12:
Never played a single creed game. No real explanation why... I own like every console.. Guess I just never got the itch or any friends talk about it.

Earlier this year, from January to May, I binge played AC2 through Syndicate. I did it because I started playing Syndicate in December 2016 and had no idea what was going on with the story. Anyhow, as far as the overall series goes, it's good. I like it! I can see how some would say it feels repetitive, and it can be if you let it. I never let it be for me. I was primarily interested in the historical story and the modern day conflict between the Assassins and Templars. If you like a blend of fantasy and history, then you might enjoy the series. I'm looking forward to Origins simply because I want to see where the story goes. I won't spoil the details from Syndicate but let's just say it ended with a good cliffhanger.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2017, 02:29 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 23:20:
Holy ocean bottoms, Batman!

I actually have a hard time believing that is real.... could it be fake?

So I guess it's completely appropriate to say that Hurricane Irma sucks!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2017, 02:26 Kxmode

The rating for No Man's Sky is fascinating. On the one hand, you have Overall Mostly Negative (36%) for a variety of reasons but mostly for how it was pitched and what was delivered at launch (I'm in that camp), and Recent Very Positive (81%) from people who are happy with the improvements and updates.

What do you think?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Community Documentary
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Community Documentary Sep 9, 2017, 17:14 Kxmode

Sebastien Puel was one of the pioneers who worked on the series’ earliest games before becoming Executive Producer for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Black Flag, and others. “We never expected AC to be such a success,” Puel says. “We were passionate about history, but not sure it could have a mainstream wide appeal. I remember of the programmers referring to a cool game feature and saying, ‘With this one, we will sell one million copies!’ We are well past 100 million today.”

Proof positive that for some in the industry it's all about the almighty dollar. Slimy.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 01:51 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 20:49:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:08:
Thoughts and prayers to anyone in the path of Irma. Please, be safe and listen to your local authorities. Pray

http://tinyurl.com/y9mm8ug4 ROFL

Thoughts and prayers are not physical things, so that's kind of true.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 19:08 Kxmode

Thoughts and prayers to anyone in the path of Irma. Please, be safe and listen to your local authorities. Pray  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 19:06 Kxmode

Would like to see IT, but I'm not a fan of diehard horror films. A dilemma. The last movie I saw in the cinema that I said "how scary could it be?" was Event Horizon. Yeeeaaahhhh...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Free Weekend
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Free Weekend Sep 8, 2017, 03:21 Kxmode

Ant wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 02:47:
Kxmode wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 00:11:
Isn't Skyrim a game pretty much everyone has played?
I haven't played it.

Well, now's your chance.

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Free Weekend Sep 8, 2017, 00:16 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 21:54:
Still love this girl's cover of this song.

The Dragonborn Comes

Amazing! Like the chorus party! I'm partial to this.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Free Weekend Sep 8, 2017, 00:11 Kxmode

Isn't Skyrim a game pretty much everyone has played?

News Comments > Animal Farm Game Announced
20. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:18 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 11:16:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 19:38:
Ummmmm...any hot donkeys in this game?....just saying...
Glue Factory Manager!

Glue Factory Manager: Gorilla EX+ alpha!!!

19. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:13 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 05:31:
subx wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 18:11:
Aw, I was hoping for the Of Mice and Men flight simulator.
Next in line: Lord of the Flies sandbox survival sim.

All female avatars

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2017, 12:10 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 10:25:
Calling it now, Chiefs end up hurting Brady like they did before.

Is it too early to label this Chiefgate?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2017, 12:10 Kxmode

Here you go Blue: Hank Hill Carrie Williams Faith Underwood, Jr. Smart  

News Comments > LawBreakers Roadmap
5. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 12:08 Kxmode

They can say whatever they want, but when they run out of funds they're going to be forced into sink or swim. It's goes without saying that they are nearing "sink." glup glup

Joking aside, I wish them the best!

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced
5. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Announced Sep 7, 2017, 12:02 Kxmode

Great technology. Unfortunately LAN is boring. It's not bad, but it meanders nowhere. I guess Rockstar is trying to tell a much larger story arc, but it's piecemealed together via unrelated cases. That said, I've put 15 hours into it and plan on finishing, yet I continue to be push it back in favor of other games. #GamerDilemmas  

10. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 7, 2017, 04:20 Kxmode

SlimRam wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 20:51:
Don't screw the pigs, they'll squeal on you.

I am bacon you to stop!

3. Re: Animal Farm Game Announced Sep 6, 2017, 19:41 Kxmode

Maybe I'm naive but most farms are animal farms right? Seems a bit redundant. Could they have called it Russian Farm Sim 18?  

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
28. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 6, 2017, 04:29 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 20:54:
BobBob wrote on Sep 5, 2017, 19:08:
In case anyone missed it: Carmack has left the building.

Is that a spoiler?

I think it's a cliffhanger!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2017, 04:21 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 00:12:
That is reasonable thinking, and it might even be correct. But there are good reasons to think otherwise. Unfortunately, even if I could remember the counter argument, it would probably be too lengthy to recount here. But from what I've seen on the various science shows and read here and there, cosmologists seems to be in agreement that they don't know -- and they really want to figure it out...

Not a problem with the counter argument, if you do remember it, feel free to post a lengthier reply.

On your last sentence, I don't know either, but I remember a fascinating talk at TED last decade by American theoretical physicist Brian Greene. The particular part of his talk I like to reference is:

"When we look around the world, as scientists have done for the last hundred years, there appear to be about 20 numbers that really describe our universe. These are numbers like the mass of particles like electrons and quarks, the strength of gravity, the strength of the electromagnetic force. A list of about 20 numbers that have been measured with incredible precision but nobody has an explanation for why the numbers have the particular values that they do. Now, does string theory offer an answer? Not yet, but we believe the answer for why those numbers have those values they do may rely on the form of the extra dimensions and the wonderful thing is if those numbers had any other values than the known ones the universe as we know it wouldn't exist. This is a deep question. Why are those numbers so finely tuned to allows stars to shine and planets to form when we recognize that when we fiddle with those numbers - if I had 20 dials up here and I let you come up here and fiddle with them, almost any fiddling makes the universe disappear." source: http://youtu.be/YtdE662eY_M?t=12m59s

I based my idea on a blend of that talk and Occam's razor. If 20 numbers or formulas comprise the entire universe, then it stands to reason that these 20 numbers create a framework. This framework then establishes the rules for how things are, how they function, what they do, where they go, and so forth. In other words, humans have looked out into the cosmos with incredible precision and have found amazing and wondrous things and have explored most of the universe. At present, dark energy remains an enigma for scientists, but they acknowledge it exists. Within this construct, a black hole or dark energy could be polymorphed to hold together a gas planet or into a plasma to become a star. In both examples the same principles and numbers apply, the only variable is scale and scope.

I look at the universe, our galaxy, and the solar system purely from a programming viewpoint. To me, it appears like an engine with namespaces and classes. It's not disorderly or chaotic, but it is the most beautiful and perfect program ever created. If only we could use its APIs. Smart

Yes, I said created. My bias.

12963 Comments. 649 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo