Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14159 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2018, 15:52 Kxmode

For anyone who cares, Rudy (one of my favorite movies), is getting a special double showing on August 28th, and September 2nd courtesy of Fathom events. Hut, hut... HIKE!

Check out the theaters in your area if you live in the U.S (Not sure about Canada and Mexico). At least one should host Fathom events.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2018, 14:52 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 04:18:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 02:38:
Breaking story! Filip Miucin hired by FedEx Office. Gets caught making copies of other people's documents!!

Not sure if joking or real.

Worked for UPS one summer. Man, that was hard work.

It's a joke.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2018, 02:38 Kxmode

Breaking story! Filip Miucin hired by FedEx Office. Gets caught making copies of other people's documents!!

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
51. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 21, 2018, 00:03 Kxmode

wrlwnd wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 23:57:
I'll probably keep it another couple of years, as I'm also happy with 1080 resolution. I think 4K a couple years from now is the sweet spot anyway. I really don't see the rush.

For me, going from barely functional 1080p gaming to full-on 4K60+ is like the difference between watching the Super Bowl versus being in the Super Bowl.

49. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 22:50 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 20:37:
The problem is always the game software. You buy all this expensive hardware to play a Battle Royale cartoon.

Pretty sure someone playing a Battle Royale cartoon won't drop $1,200 on a video card.

It's equal parts showing off and squeezing out a few more frame rates from higher performance titles. There's a sub-culture of PC enthusiasts who try and one-up each other over benchmark scores.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
131. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 20, 2018, 20:54 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 15:46:
It's also possible for you to cure cancer and colonise Mars... yet what is possible is not what is probable. I don't ask you to take my argument at face value but I certainly expect you to produce independent legal analysis supporting your position, which you have failed to do. Instead we get more bullshit saying 'I trust Derek's legal team' or 'you've got to listen to him because it's the only thing I have supporting my position'.

Because I trust the lawyers and law firms he hires. Not Derek himself.

Yet again you refuse to acknowledge Derek's repeated false claims and lies about the project, choosing instead to present him as a credible witness. To then claim you are objective is frankly astonishing.

How many ways can I say that's immaterial. You're extrapolating. Stop it.

For those following this, Crytek has amended their complaint and there is a legal analysis of that over on YouTuber Law. The gist of it is that Crytek is misrepresenting contract law and whilst their claim that CIG is obligated to not promote another engine may survive the Motion to Dismiss it will ultimately be dismissed during discovery or subsequently afterwards.

Sigh. You're deflecting, again. I already said there are lawyers for and against arguments. For the umpteenth time, that's not the point I've made repeatedly. It's not about who's right. It's about the interpretation of the law. Derek hired lawyers to give their thumbs up to his legal points. Whether or not you agree with them, that's another argument.

I'm sure Kxmode will be able to present a indepedent legal analysis showing the opposite... ha, just kidding. He'll just post more links to Derek's trolling campaign and/or offer to make love to him.

The law firm Derek goes to to vet the information in the linked Op-Ed IS independent legal analysis because they have to confirm his legal points as correct otherwise he could get sued. It is you who refuse to acknowledge them because "Lawyer working with Derek = BAD!"

45. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 20:33 Kxmode

Desalus wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 16:20:
Damn those prices are high! Is this nVidia's strategy to clear out the stock of the 10-series cards? I was thinking of getting a 2060 when it comes out, but seeing as the 2070 is $500, the 2060 is not going to be within the price range I'm willing to pay for a video card. Looks like I'll be buying a GTX 1060 or RX 580 after all.

No. It's their strategy to go stupid high for early adopters based on prices waning over time.

13. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 15:29 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 15:18:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 15:14:
Which one is the 4K60+ card?

Pretty sure any card of the last many years can do 4K60+, it's just a question of what content you're wishing to run at those settings and what other settings you turn on.

Only the 1080ti can do 4K60+. Several reviews demonstrated the 1080ti is designed explicitly for this purpose. They even said if you didn't have 4K then 1080ti is overkill.

Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 15:18:
Are we talking running Quake at 4K60+, or running Battlefield V at 4K60+ with all the options on and SSAA anti-aliasing (yes, I know I basically just said PIN number, but...) For the latter, just like the 90s, you need to wait a few years for hardware to be able to run software with everything on.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 runs at 90 in 4K with ALL settings maxed. Here's an exhaustive list of games I tested on the 1080ti.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 20, 2018, 15:17 Kxmode

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 14:31:
This may qualify as a fit of temporary insanity, but I just preordered the 2080 Ti. Yay!

More power to you (literally)!

Way too much for me though.

8. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 15:14 Kxmode

SirKnight wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 15:02:
Hmm, the prices on the geforce website is higher than the presentation at gamescom showed. The 2080 Ti was supposed to be $999 and the 2070 was $499.

dafuk?

Bring on the GIGARAYS!

Yes! Bring on the Gigagravy! nVidia's gigagravy is sooo good.

7. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 15:14 Kxmode

Which one is the 4K60+ card?  

129. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 20, 2018, 15:00 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 16:54:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 22:11:
Kosumo wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 20:36:
He dose not know what he is doing.

I'm pretty sure Chris knows what he's doing. He does have an unbeaten track record of producing favorite classics. Instead, the problem stems from Chris being both the CEO and the Creative Director. In most companies, these positions are separate so that one has to answer to the other. But Chris owns the company, and he's managing the direction of the game, so he doesn't have to respond to anyone. There's no one there to force his hand to say, "Chris, look. We can't do this. We have to place a stick in the ground and wrap up this project and get it shipped." No one is going to tell Chris this. There's no publisher above Chris to tell him this. CIG brings in millions a month, so he has a blank check to do whatever he wishes. That's the fundamental problem. It's less about skill and more about the lack of focus with zero oversight.

Nice summation. This is the key issue. And we've seen before what happens when this is the case: the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

I thought so.

theyarecomingforyou ignored that honest assessment. For die-hard backers everything said of the project gets filter through a binary lens of "for us or against us." He forgets that I'm not Derek. See, unlike Derek, it's possible for me to take an objective view of Roberts and Star Citizen, and find it's strengths and weakness. Conversely, unlike theyarecomingforyou, I can also take an objective view of Derek's Op-Eds and see parts of it that are valid (like how 80% of the Op-Ed linked above consists of legal points that are vetted by Derek's lawyers).

Edit: Minor clarification

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2018, 23:00.

123. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 22:11 Kxmode

Kosumo wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 20:36:
He dose not know what he is doing.

I'm pretty sure Chris knows what he's doing. He does have an unbeaten track record of producing favorite classics. Instead, the problem stems from Chris being both the CEO and the Creative Director. In most companies, these positions are separate so that one has to answer to the other. But Chris owns the company, and he's managing the direction of the game, so he doesn't have to respond to anyone. There's no one there to force his hand to say, "Chris, look. We can't do this. We have to place a stick in the ground and wrap up this project and get it shipped." No one is going to tell Chris this. There's no publisher above Chris to tell him this. CIG brings in millions a month, so he has a blank check to do whatever he wishes. That's the fundamental problem. It's less about skill and more about the lack of focus with zero oversight.

122. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 21:48 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 20:03:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 18:49:
I approached Derek's post and posited most consist of legal points which he confirmed does get vetted by his legal team. You dismiss ALL of that and stoop to nothing more than playground antics and mud flinging.
Trusting Derek to be objective and truthful about Star Citizen is like trusting Hitler to have a nuanced approach to Jewish relations... you can give him the benefit of the doubt at first but once he's killed a few million Jews perhaps it's time to not take everything he says at face value.

My #4 comment: "Grab a cozy chair and blanket, toss some popcorn in the microwave, and buckle up for a 100+ comment thread that's likely to break Godwin's Law at some point."

Well, now it's official. You invoked Godwin's Law hard! This thread now contains all the essential ingredients to make it the best Star Citizen thread, ever! Congrats for driving it over the cliff! Race

lol

Derek has lied about the project from the start and harassed the developers and their families. His behaviour brought Sandi Gardiner to tears and I have no tolerance for Derek or the people that would defend his actions.

Your deflecting and deflecting hard! Everything I wrote in this thread - and this thread only - relates to the linked Op-Ed Derek published on his website. The vast majority of it contains legal points; I should know because I translated the thing. There was a lot of pushback from many saying, generally speaking, "Derek's not a lawyer, so his legal points are incorrect." That was a valid criticism. However, I repeatedly pointed out that they are not Derek's legal point, but his lawyers' since they verified them as accurate. Derek comes here and fully disclosed the lawyers and law firms that vet his legal points (he didn't have to). He told me on Twitter that his blogs "tend to get the quick legal review because nobody likes to be sued." The fact that you won't acknowledge that lawyers who practice law in the areas of what Derek is discussing have validated his points is a clear case of close-mindedness.

So Derek isn't a troll but merely someone critical of the game's scope and promises made? Bullshit. Don't even try that nonsense here.

None of my comments addresses any of that. I'm only discussing the legal points Derek made in the Op-Ed linked from this thread. I took the time to clean it up and make more palatable for the Blues News community. It contains legitimate points that are verified by a law firm as correct.

People have posted links to independent lawyers like Lior Leser and Leonard French who agree that Crytek is misrepresenting basic contractual clauses and concealing importance information from the court. They have looked at the lawsuit and said it is unlikely to succeed. Yet rather than consider their legal opinions you persistently try to claim that Derek Smart, a known liar and troll, has consulted with his legal team and has the definitive position on the matter.

There are lawyers for and against arguments. We call them the prosecution and the defense. But that's not the gist of my comments in this thread. I am saying for the umpteenth time that Derek's Op-Ed piece linked from this thread is mostly a legal review of the receive MTD results between CIG and Crytek (stop deflecting to Derek's entire history; it's immaterial). Regardless of whether you hate the guy or not Derek had his lawyers vet his legal points so that they cannot be dismissed as worthless.

Please watch this video from 2015 with Sandi Gardiner, who was brought to tears by the campaign of harassment that Derek unleashed on her. Look at the emotional impact his actions have on other people. I spoke to Sandi shortly after that speech about Derek and she gave me an insight into his campaign of hate against her, her family and CIG. I will always stand up to bullies like Derek. I have no interest in being respectful towards Derek Smart when his hateful actions have had a devastating personal impact on those targeted, nor those that would try to legitimise him. I absolutely will call you out on your bullshit.

Really? Are you going there? It's not about acting. It's able lying to people about who she is in relation to Chris Roberts. I agree that "doxing" is loathsome and people should never do it! However, when Derek repeatedly told everyone Sandi is Chris' wife, everyone dismissed Derek as being full of it until the fact that she is Chris' wife became known. Once that happened her role at CIG changed. Her experiences as a marketing director were called into question under allegations of nepotism. Primarily because in her interviews where they asked about her credentials she claimed several qualifications from schools who had no record of her visit.

It's possible Chris knew that even without the credentials she would be perfect for the job. But the fact that they hid it from backers reeks of dishonesty.

Regardless, I will say that clearly, the staggering success of Star Citizen reveals that Sandi does have skills, and she is a great marketing director. But all of that is irrelevant the point I've repeatedly stated ad nauseam.

117. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 19:07 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 12:05:
This is Bluesnews. You're not supposed to praise Star Citizen here and recognise that it's still in development. It's trendy to hate on the game and hope for its demise. Beatnik

That's your perception. Nobody hates on Star Citizen or Chris Roberts (at least I'm not). We're merely critical of the game's scope and promises since Chris promised everything AND the bathroom sink but has only delivered a small fraction. When you step outside of the cabal (e.g., the SC forums) you get that kind of unfiltered, non-moderated feedback. I wondered why you - being a die-hard supporter of the project - would bother to visit a Star Citizen thread on Blues News when you know we don't serve Kool-Aid and sing kumbaya?

116. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 19:01 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 12:00:
dsmart wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 09:36:
Your infantile abusive language and personal attacks are meaningless, say more about you than they do about your incessant drivel; and are patently a sign of weakness and an inferiority complex.
Devastating. However will I sleep at night?!

I have spent a career spanning almost three decades designing, developing and releasing a long list of video games which a group (large enough to keep me doing them, unlike many who have come and gone) have kept buying. So no, I never had an altercation with, let alone spent a career based on "hating Christ Roberts". But don't let facts and extensive research get in the way of your delusions.
Mate, you make shitty indie games that are widely derided. We're talking about games that receive a userscore of 1.0 out of 10 on Metacritic and critic reviews with lines like "I hated Line of Defense Tactics: Tactical Advantage, so its price tag of twenty five dollars is almost as baffling as the game’s quality itself". You're so desperate for attention that you troll more popular developers like Chris Roberts. That's not a career; that's a joke.

That you think me writing a single technical blog is about "attacking Chris Roberts for producing better games" and not about questioning a disaster I saw coming a mile way, says more about your frame of mind, than the reality that we actually live in.
What disaster? You've been claiming for years that CIG is about to run out of money and that staff leaving prove that its a sinking ship, yet here we are years later and the funding is consistent and development continues. You have lied time and time again. So no I don't think that 'a single technical blog' is you attacking Chris Roberts for producing better games - I think the decades you have spent attacking and threatening lawsuits is proof that you are attacking him for producing better games. You're jealous. It's very obvious.

You're not Nostradamus; you're Nostradumbass. You keep spouting prophecies of Star Citizen's demise and yet it goes from strength to strength, much to your chagrin.

That you think after THREE YEARS since I wrote that blog, that a man who got over $190M of FREE MONEY can't even deliver 20% of what was promised, let alone ANYTHING that resembles what was originally promised in 2012, is somehow absolved of any/all responsibility, but I'm the bad guy for pursuing it, says more about your persecution complex than it does about the reality that we actually live in.
You really are a bitter little man. Free money? The game has raised a record amount for crowdfunding because gamers believe in the vision of the game. And the game is going to deliver a lot more than originally promised, so that argument makes no sense either.

You have to face the reality, and come to grips with the fact that you - and your ilk - just don't matter. You will forever be just another sad anon on a website forum spewing hate-riddled drivel because it makes you feel better about a life less ordinary. I'm still here. I'm Derek Smart. And there's nothing you can do about it. Except maybe cry a little.
Wow, I must really have gotten to you. That statement is classic projection. I suggest you look it up and learn to deal with your emotions.

Well... okay. This is uh... * slowly backs away *

115. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 18:49 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 07:59:
Guys, we need to step outside because this is just a make-out session between Derek and Kxmode. They're going to start fellating each other next.

dsmart wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 17:23:
It's a good thing that your hate boner for me is more logical than your nonsensical legal prowess (you're clueless).
Your entire career is based on hating Chris Roberts and spreading lies about him, his family and his projects. You could have been content putting out shitty indie games but instead you chose a life of infamy by attacking Chris Roberts for producing better games than you. And given your propensity for lying I can only take it as a compliment that you would call me clueless.

Don't worry, there's still more time to spread rumours about Chris Roberts' marriage or expose details of his children on the internet. I mean, that's totally what decent people do. You're totally not a scumbag at all.

I approached Derek's post and posited most consist of legal points which he confirmed does get vetted by his legal team. You dismiss ALL of that and stoop to nothing more than playground antics and mud flinging.

You're acting like a child.

105. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 03:51 Kxmode

Choobeastia wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 03:17:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 03:10:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 21:38:
Now I understand, it's asbergers.
It all makes sense.

Aspergers. Not official, but likely given the array of symptoms are quite similar. That doesn't stunt my ability to formulate thoughts and communicate them. It just makes being around people more difficult. On the autism spectrum for Derek, it would explain his obsessive nature with CIG, Roberts, and Star Citizen, and his bluntness when communicating with others.

Possibly. So would him feeling jilted concerning them not knowing him and Battlecruiser being overshadowed by a Wing Commander game, and him just being an asshole.

It's less about that and more about protecting, as Derek puts it, "a hobby and livelihood which I have nurtured for almost three decades." (from comment 90) He feels threatened by Star Citizen. Not for its success, but for the damage it could do to his hobby and livelihood. Throw Autism into the mix, and you have a situation with a person who has a propensity towards becoming obsessed with protecting their hobby. In truth, I think Derek cares more about the PC Space Sim genre than Chris ever did.

I believe that there are people with Aspergers out there, and that they have trouble with social situations. I don't believe every person that uses it as an excuse for shitty behavior.

Like the cold and the flu, Autism and Aspergers are on the same spectrum scale, but they are not the same. Within each, there are ranges of extremes. Some people have Autism or Aspergers to a degree where it is impossible to function in society, while others have them on a scale where they can operate (fortunately, I fall close to the "can function" with moderate difficulty). I think in Derek's case his might be on the more moderate level as relates to social deficits and repetitive behavior. It would be a contributing faction to the adversarial nature he has towards others.

And to be clear, I'm not doubting you, Kxmode. But I am doubting someone else in this thread.

Duly noted.

104. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 03:29 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 22:24:
1) I never made fun of him for not naming law firms. Though I fail to see what credentials they have that other attorneys being posted here don't, with the exception of Greenberg, who isn't involved in this

Didn't imply you were making fun of him for that. That's an odd thing to assume. I'm saying collectively many were going after the legal points Derek made claiming that they are not legitimate because Derek isn't a lawyer. So what I am saying is now that he listed who and what law firm does validate his legal points, the emphasis shifted to Derek using his website (not his company site) to talk about something other than Star Citizen, CIG, and Roberts.

2) He can write about whatever he so chooses. But ask yourself why a man who has made his name on giant, sprawling space sims (that average a 54 on Metacritic) seems to be devoting his entire persona, his entire personal brand, all of his energy, and so much of his time, to trying to take down this game. What about it makes it catnip to Derek Smart? Why is he so involved when no one else is, let alone a game dev?

He explained why pretty clearly in comment 90. Check it out.

3) Isn't it odd that Derek took money for a game back in 2012 as well, one that hasn't seen the light of day and hasn't had an update posted to its website in 6 months, is so angry that SC is taking so long to come out?

I believe in Derek's mind (and please remember that is purely an assessment) he feels threatened by Star Citizen on the genre of video games his work exists. So perhaps by taking action towards Star Citizen that this will go a long way towards securing, in Derek's words, "a hobby and livelihood which I have nurtured for almost three decades." I can understand that. I wouldn't do it in such an adversarial manner but to each their own.

Again, reading into a Motion to Dismiss that wasn't granted is among the most pointless things you can do in law. Yet here we are, about to hit 100 posts on something utterly meaningless. Meanwhile, Derek is claiming to have an attorney on retainer (or close to it) over a matter he has literally nothing to do with (that's not healthy, have you ever once considered paying an attorney for his time on a matter you had no involvement?), and the entire first page of his own, personal website is dedicated to a game he is not involved in, while the game he is involved in is doing... what exactly? The store is still up, of course.

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know much about the business surrounding MTDs. However, it looks like this to me. If MTDs where the Global Globe awards, then the final ruling is the Oscar. In other words, traditionally people in Hollywood use the GGs as a precursor to who may win an Oscar. It's not 100%, but it does provide a solid gauge for results. In like manner, the MTDs act as a preview of how a case may turn out.

If anyone with legal knowledge feels this is a wrong assessment, let me know how it is. Thanks.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2018, 04:01.

102. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 18, 2018, 03:10 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 21:38:
Now I understand, it's asbergers.
It all makes sense.

Aspergers. Not official, but likely given the array of symptoms are quite similar. That doesn't stunt my ability to formulate thoughts and communicate them. It just makes being around people more difficult. On the autism spectrum for Derek, it would explain his obsessive nature with CIG, Roberts, and Star Citizen, and his bluntness when communicating with others.

14159 Comments. 708 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo