Total Posts
17270 (Ninja)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

17270 Comments. 864 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    864  ] Older

Re: Sony Buys Epic Stake
Jul 10, 2020, 10:53
Kxmode

Re: Sony Buys Epic Stake Jul 10, 2020, 10:53
Jul 10, 2020, 10:53
 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 06:11:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 06:04:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 02:46:
Dacron wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 02:33:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 01:20:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 00:13:
Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 22:37:
One of the VCs overseeing this actually reached out to me a month ago asking me if I wanted to buy in.

It was odd. I've never had anyone do that before. Part of me was thinking of course. Another part of me was thinking I don't have that kind of cash (he didn't mention the minimum, but I'd guess high), and 17B seems like Epic towards a peak
I'm a African Prince and have I got a deal for you's! Giggle

Are you Coming to America?

Not until you get COVID under control, it's safer in Africa.

Arsenio Hall did

I am sad you didn't get the reference.
Charlize Theron really did.

You could say she's Furious about it.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Jul 10, 2020, 02:46
Kxmode

Re: Sony Buys Epic Stake Jul 10, 2020, 02:46
Jul 10, 2020, 02:46
 Kxmode

Dacron wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 02:33:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 01:20:
One of the VCs overseeing this actually reached out to me a month ago asking me if I wanted to buy in.

It was odd. I've never had anyone do that before. Part of me was thinking of course. Another part of me was thinking I don't have that kind of cash (he didn't mention the minimum, but I'd guess high), and 17B seems like Epic towards a peak

Not until you get COVID under control, it's safer in Africa.

I am sad you didn't get the reference.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Re: Out of the Blue
Jul 10, 2020, 02:43
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2020, 02:43
Jul 10, 2020, 02:43
 Kxmode

Daily cases for 7/9: 227K. That's more people in a single day than the number of Americans who died in World War I, Vietnam, Korean war, and the Mexican War combined.

Re: UPLAY+ Free Trial
Jul 10, 2020, 01:23
Kxmode

Re: UPLAY+ Free Trial Jul 10, 2020, 01:23
Jul 10, 2020, 01:23
 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 00:23:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 15:49:
I'm don't doubt that's what PB does. I'm merely saying my experience with DRM apps remains problem-free. I know people like to jump on the anti-DRM train, but all the negative things they claim Denovo and PB do I've not seen or observed. If either were causing shenanigans, I'd remove them post-haste.
I understand but have no idea how that's even possible. Every creditable testing group, agrees denuvo effects performance and it's damn obvious it effects Loading Times (even an article today 7/9/20 on Blues). It's also well documented about punkbuster, meaning if you have installed something like FC3 it's probably still on your system. Personally I constantly monitor my system installs with malware scans with things like CCleaner and Malwarebytes. But I realize there are millions of people out there who have no idea what's installed on their systems, any more than they do on their phones.

The point being, if your doing these things and think nothings wrong, make sure your checking your systems when peeps are sounds red alerts about systems like ubi. They are well documented for being in the middle of every drm disaster since 2000, whether it's securerom or starforce. Hell, ubi would install a rootkit on your system to control what you can play and what you can't play, if they could get away with it, full stop. Salute

I will. Thanks for the warning.

Jul 10, 2020, 01:20
Kxmode

Re: Sony Buys Epic Stake Jul 10, 2020, 01:20
Jul 10, 2020, 01:20
 Kxmode

Re: Into the Black
Jul 9, 2020, 16:03
Kxmode

Re: Into the Black Jul 9, 2020, 16:03
Jul 9, 2020, 16:03
 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 15:31:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 23:57:
Fame is not in our DNA, meaning people aren't designed to handle it, so while some learn to deal with it, those who do not tend to commit suicide or go into self-isolation.

I guess I was wondering if streaming, which is an attention-seeking behavior, is possibly a result of the depression (a "cry for help" if you will), or has the same roots, say as part of a manic-depressive syndrome. Not a psychologist at all, but when there's a cluster like this, my brain tries to find a common link or root cause.

Precisely what I was thinking. Twitch is like a self-inflicted wound. On the one hand, a person reaches out for attention or to fill a void, likely because of depression or some other mental or emotional issue. However, because of viewership numbers, subs totals, or Twitch is now their primary source on income, they feel trapped, which causes the issue to resurface with a vengeance.

I am looking forward to a time when humans will be able to live as designed and where mental illness, like physical illnesses, will be a thing of the past. (Isaiah 33:24; Revelation 21:3,4) I hope people will put faith in the Bible's positive outlook. I mean, the only alternative is human governments, and we know how successful they've been for the past few thousands years or so. (Ecclesiastes 8:9)

Jul 9, 2020, 15:53
Kxmode

Re: Into the Black Jul 9, 2020, 15:53
Jul 9, 2020, 15:53
 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 08:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 08:13:
Blue I had a major dumb ass moment and sent ya a link to this that I didn't realise I clicked on from this stie. My Apologies, new ADD meds.

Inconceivable!!!!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Jul 9, 2020, 15:49
Kxmode

Re: UPLAY+ Free Trial Jul 9, 2020, 15:49
Jul 9, 2020, 15:49
 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 12:54:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 23:45:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 20:53:
What's this, a FREE chance to add Spyware and Malware in the guise of denuvo and punkbuster?! Count me in, please hurt me for FREE! Just the word FREE, makes me hurt. Flamethrower Mwahaha

I have Uplay installed and never experience issues with either.
Install Far Cry 3 (punkbuster) installed without notification or consent. It can keep you from playing your game and stays on your system even after FC3 is uninstalled. At least that's the way it did work. It required a special program downloaded from punkbuster to remove it. If you don't believe, you could always google it.

It's hard to believe I need to list all the ubi games that install denuvo. So I have no idea what's up with your position on it. Confused

I'm don't doubt that's what PB does. I'm merely saying my experience with DRM apps remains problem-free. I know people like to jump on the anti-DRM train, but all the negative things they claim Denovo and PB do I've not seen or observed. If either were causing shenanigans, I'd remove them post-haste.

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward
Jul 8, 2020, 23:59
Kxmode

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 8, 2020, 23:59
Jul 8, 2020, 23:59
 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 23:19:
Razumen wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 22:55:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 00:47:
Razumen wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 23:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 19:25:
It's getting harder and harder to get free stuff.

Haha, knew it. First post was someone complaining, about getting something for free no less.

Good ol' BluesNews

Redeye isn't complaining. He's making a joke, Rowan Atkinson style.

Last I checked, jokes are supposed to be funny.
It sure as hell wasn't a complaint, more of a wink with a thumb to the nose nod along with a tosh of snark.
I'd tell you it was Poe's law but last time that got brought up you claimed you didn't understand how that worked even though there's a wiki on it.
This one's on you bud.

Well, it made me chuckle for a brief second or two.

Jul 8, 2020, 23:57
Kxmode

Re: Into the Black Jul 8, 2020, 23:57
Jul 8, 2020, 23:57
 Kxmode

Fame is not in our DNA, meaning people aren't designed to handle it, so while some learn to deal with it, those who do not tend to commit suicide or go into self-isolation.

Jul 8, 2020, 23:47
Kxmode

Re: UPLAY+ Free Trial Jul 8, 2020, 23:47
Jul 8, 2020, 23:47
 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 21:14:
Not a good deal considering you can get Origin Access for $30 a year.

Considering UPlay is Ubisoft's games, and Origin is EA's games, I'm not sure how that comparison works. Are you saying EA's subscription service offers more?

Jul 8, 2020, 23:45
Kxmode

Re: UPLAY+ Free Trial Jul 8, 2020, 23:45
Jul 8, 2020, 23:45
 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 20:53:
What's this, a FREE chance to add Spyware and Malware in the guise of denuvo and punkbuster?! Count me in, please hurt me for FREE! Just the word FREE, makes me hurt. Flamethrower Mwahaha

I have Uplay installed and never experience issues with either.

Jul 8, 2020, 18:18
Kxmode

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 8, 2020, 18:18
Jul 8, 2020, 18:18
 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Jul 8, 2020, 01:11:
Slick wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 19:17:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 15:36:
Slick wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 07:00:
(looks like WD: Legion will be a lot more serious)

- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Legion features the ability to control multiple characters within the game's setting.
- The cover art shows a person with a pig head.

Origins: (Luke 8:26-33; Mark 5:9) They pulled into the shore in the region of the Gerasenes, which is opposite Galilee. As Jesus got out onto land, a demon-possessed man from the city met him. For a considerable time, he had not worn clothing, and he was staying, not in a house, but among the tombs. At the sight of Jesus, he cried out and fell before him, and with a loud voice, he said: "What have I to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Highest God? I beg you, do not torment me." Jesus asked him: "What is your name?" He said: "My name is Legion because there are many of us." They kept pleading with him not to order them to go away into the abyss. Now a large herd of swine was feeding there on the mountain, so they asked him to permit them to enter the pigs, and he allowed them. With that, the demons came out of the man and went into the swine. The demons rushed the herd over the cliff into the lake, and they drowned.

It's getting biblical up in hurr. That you for this revelation, and being a mostly non-religious person I welcome further references I would totally have missed.

So the Legion of hackers are the demons possessed by pigs, or pigs possessed by demons? and not a play on the more modern anti-capitalist bureaucracy sentiment of a pig? Is that why Jewish people don't eat porc?

(not trying to inflame anything here, coming from a position of self-released ignorance )

No, I'm saying the idea isn't original, and that the game play and marketing art shares a lot of the symbolism from that passage. That's all. Perhaps the person responsible for naming the product heard or remembered the biblical account and decided to modernize it for the game.

As a side note, this is not the first time a developer used the passage. World of Warcraft: Legion released on 8/30 (2016). The date is a reference to Luke 8:30: "Jesus asked him: "What is your name?" He said: "Legion," for many demons had entered into him."

Jul 8, 2020, 01:11
Kxmode

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 8, 2020, 01:11
Jul 8, 2020, 01:11
 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 19:17:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 15:36:

- Legion features the ability to control multiple characters within the game's setting.

Origins: (Luke 8:26-33; Mark 5:9) They pulled into the shore in the region of the Gerasenes, which is opposite Galilee. As Jesus got out onto land, a demon-possessed man from the city met him. For a considerable time, he had not worn clothing, and he was staying, not in a house, but among the tombs. At the sight of Jesus, he cried out and fell before him, and with a loud voice, he said: "What have I to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Highest God? I beg you, do not torment me." Jesus asked him: "What is your name?" He said: "My name is Legion because there are many of us." They kept pleading with him not to order them to go away into the abyss. Now a large herd of swine was feeding there on the mountain, so they asked him to permit them to enter the pigs, and he allowed them. With that, the demons came out of the man and went into the swine. The demons rushed the herd over the cliff into the lake, and they drowned.

It's getting biblical up in hurr. That you for this revelation, and being a mostly non-religious person I welcome further references I would totally have missed.

So the Legion of hackers are the demons possessed by pigs, or pigs possessed by demons? and not a play on the more modern anti-capitalist bureaucracy sentiment of a pig? Is that why Jewish people don't eat porc?

(not trying to inflame anything here, coming from a position of self-released ignorance )

No, I'm saying the idea isn't original, and that the game play and marketing art shares a lot of the symbolism from that passage. That's all. Perhaps the person responsible for naming the product heard or remembered the biblical account and decided to modernize it for the game.

Jul 7, 2020, 15:36
Kxmode

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 7, 2020, 15:36
Jul 7, 2020, 15:36
 Kxmode

Jul 7, 2020, 00:47
Kxmode

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 7, 2020, 00:47
Jul 7, 2020, 00:47
 Kxmode

Razumen wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 23:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 19:25:
It's getting harder and harder to get free stuff.

Haha, knew it. First post was someone complaining, about getting something for free no less.

Good ol' BluesNews

Redeye isn't complaining. He's making a joke, Rowan Atkinson style.

Jul 5, 2020, 22:06
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2020, 22:06
Jul 5, 2020, 22:06
 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 17:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2020, 08:42:
Including blowing up the daily infection counters, you managed to get in 2 days, what Germany took 5 months to get Bravo I say
We're number 1! We're number 1!

There's a song for that. Warning: Stuck-in-head material.

Jul 5, 2020, 15:41
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2020, 15:41
Jul 5, 2020, 15:41
 Kxmode

fakespyder wrote on Jul 4, 2020, 18:14:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 4, 2020, 15:16:
People have been setting M80s in my neighborhood throughout June. It sounded at time like I was in a warzone.

The Simpsons said it best: "Celebrate the independence of your nation by blowing up a small part of it"
Happy 4th of July

I don't know why anyone would celebrate. From your perspective, with all the problems you face, there's not much cause for celebration. Then I think it's not your independence you're celebrating, but a way for people to let off steam by blowing stuff up.

Re: Diablo III Season 21 Live
Jul 4, 2020, 15:50
Kxmode

Re: Diablo III Season 21 Live Jul 4, 2020, 15:50
Jul 4, 2020, 15:50
 Kxmode

One more gameplay type that I despise. Repetitive, nauseating drivel aimed at earning achievement points, titles, and small vanity items.

Jul 4, 2020, 15:16
Kxmode

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2020, 15:16
Jul 4, 2020, 15:16
 Kxmode

People have been setting M80s in my neighborhood throughout June. It sounded at time like I was in a warzone.
17270 Comments. 864 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    864  ] Older