Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14453 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2018, 01:11 Kxmode

Red886 wrote on Dec 24, 2018, 00:47:
reminds me of the stupid french law which makes the owner unable to kick out the squatters if they had been in the house for greater than 2 days, as seen in '3 Days to Kill'.

Except the authorities didn't know they were there and the neighbors didn't report it.

Squatting in private property is illegal in the United States so I'm not sure how that reminds you of a French law.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2018, 21:10 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 18:33:
"Fairfax County woman returns after weeks away, finds strangers in her apartment."

Strangers? They mean black criminals. Fucking liberal media. Undocumented immigrants? Illegal aliens. And on and on it goes. Rolleyes

The skin color is irrelevant dude. Crime is color blind.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2018, 21:06 Kxmode

Fun fact: Steam has close to a billion registered games but only about half have been played.  

News Comments > Fallout Classic Collection Free for Fallout 76 Players
18. Re: Fallout Classic Collection Free for Fallout 76 Players Dec 23, 2018, 20:59 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 20:54:
"In my time in the Brotherhood, I have personally trained more than 50 initiates. I am proud to say almost 14 of them are still alive and kickin'!"

The Elders have ordered me to mould you... flabby, hip-slappin', berry-pickin', rat-rubbin' brahmin kissers into capable warriors; amd I am going to do it... even if it KILLS you!

News Comments > Fallout Classic Collection Free for Fallout 76 Players
16. Re: Fallout Classic Collection Free for Fallout 76 Players Dec 23, 2018, 20:54 Kxmode

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with them being one of the nominees for Best Developer of the Year on Steam. (Not exactly sure how that happened.)  

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Solo Play Requires Internet
26. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Solo Play Requires Internet Dec 23, 2018, 04:32 Kxmode

intermarer wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 03:45:
I get the knee jerk reaction to always online, but c'mon, aren't you always online anyways? I mean, what, you have dial up in 2018?

"dO YoU gUyS nOt hAvE pHoNeS?!" Just because we're online doesn't mean we want our single player games to be always online.

News Comments > On ATLAS Delays
15. Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 23, 2018, 03:51 Kxmode

[SC]TherMight wrote on Dec 22, 2018, 20:47:
People bring out the pitchforks a bit hastily.

It's an early access game for heaven's sake.

There's an expectation that it is at least playable otherwise it's just screenshots and concept art.

14. Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 23, 2018, 03:48 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 02:36:
Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2018, 17:50:
El Pit wrote on Dec 22, 2018, 16:13:
Oh, come on, guys, this is by the folks who worked on ARK. This game will be in "early access" until hell freezes over with the developers adding new stuff and dlcs instead of fixing bugs!

Exactly. I checked ARK out again a couple of months ago and there are still bugs there - that are well known - from beta. Game looked and played zero different from 2 years ago. Really regret giving these assholes dime one.
I never understood whats so great about ARK. Its DayZ with dinosaurs that look like reskinned EverQuest models.

Because its DayZ with dinosaurs. Now, with Atlas, its DayZ with Pirates.

12. Re: On ATLAS Delays Dec 23, 2018, 01:04 Kxmode

Browsed several Atlas streams as it was the number one game for the day Friday. So much angst and disappointment from streamers and viewers. Live launch day broadcasts are one of the things I like most about Twitch. If a game fails to deliver that's a ton of egg on the dev's face for their hubris in touting all its features except the ones that matters most: stability and up-time.  

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Solo Play Requires Internet
23. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Solo Play Requires Internet Dec 23, 2018, 01:01 Kxmode

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an online, multiplayer game with a rich co-op and seamless experience. As such, the game will only be playable with an internet connection in order to have seamless navigation, receive dynamic updates, and play with friends (which is certainly better when you're playing as a Space Pirate!).

Wrong! It is online for microtransactions as most single-player games are. There is literally no other reason but MTX for it to be always online.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2018, 04:30.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020
37. Re: Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020 Dec 21, 2018, 22:58 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 21, 2018, 03:04:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2018, 22:03:
I have no strong feelings one way or another.

Chris Roberts is a saint compared to Sean Murray, amirite?

Neither are. They're business people. One just happens to be more unethical than the other.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020
13. Re: Star Citizen Adds Investor; Squadron 42 Beta in 2020 Dec 20, 2018, 22:03 Kxmode

I have no strong feelings one way or another.  

News Comments > Bonnie Ross Entering AIAS Hall of Fame
3. Re: Bonnie Ross Entering AIAS Hall of Fame Dec 19, 2018, 18:06 Kxmode

Women In Tech

* Bonnie Ross is seen as a role model when it comes to women in gaming.
* She strives to increase the diversity within the gaming industry and lessen the male to female gap.
* She has often reinforced her position in hiring more female game developers so more women can find role models within the industry.
* Ross's influence has already been seen within the Halo franchise with the increase of female protagonists.
* Through speaking in many events involving women in science, technology, engineering, and math, she has inspired women to join the game development field.

"It is thanks to Bonnie’s vision and drive." It's likely less about merit and more about political recognition.

News Comments > Mortal Royale Early Access
1. Re: Mortal Royale Early Access Dec 18, 2018, 18:04 Kxmode

Choo choo  

News Comments > Artifact Updated
4. Re: Humble Offers LEGO: The Hobbit For Free Dec 16, 2018, 17:22 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 16, 2018, 14:22:
Artifact: The Fallout 76 of card games.

I wouldn't quite put it like that as I assume the game runs very well. I think it's better to call it the Radical Heights of card games.

News Comments > Humble Offers LEGO: The Hobbit For Free
13. Re: Humble Offers LEGO: The Hobbit For Free Dec 16, 2018, 17:12 Kxmode

MattyC wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 03:16:
We should offer a Blues grammar gremlin course, set it up like team trivia! Winners get GoG codes!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/free#Adverb

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/free_3

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/for+free
adv.
1. In a free manner; without restraint.
2. Without charge.

MattyC wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 23:09:
For free

Visiting a park without paying is free. Driving on a freeway without paying a toll is free (hence the distinction between Highway and Freeway). A friend giving you something without looking for anything in return: Free. As you noted above, free is only free when there are no restraints; no strings attached.

What Humble is doing is called Bartering. The "exchange (goods or services) for other goods or services without using money." In this case, signing up for their newsletter is payment for a "free" game.

News Comments > PlanetSide Arena Announced
10. Re: PlanetSide Arena Announced Dec 14, 2018, 17:18 Kxmode

They also jumped on board the Minecraft train with Landmark as a content-creation tool for EverQuest Next. Neither EQN or EQ Landmark materialized even with preorders in upwards of $100. I wouldn't trust anything these people do.  

8. Re: Humble Offers LEGO: The Hobbit For Free Dec 14, 2018, 00:54 Kxmode

MattyC wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 23:56:
free adverb
without payment

"as this page reveals that anyone who subscribes to the Humble Newsletter over the next two days will get a complimentary copy of LEGO: The Hobbit to keep." You only get the game for free when you do something they want. That's not free.

6. Re: Humble Offers LEGO: The Hobbit For Free Dec 13, 2018, 23:43 Kxmode

Free. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Aggressive snake slithers into police station and attacks man in the waiting room Dec 12, 2018, 14:41 Kxmode

Asssssssassssssssssssssinsssssssss Creed ~~~~~~~~(:>-<  

14453 Comments. 723 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo