Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 15534 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free
18. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 2, 2019, 21:01 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 20:17:
Gosh-o-mighty
I got two emails from the EGS and they were receipts for the 2 free games.
I am completed.

And then there's the Kool-Aid Man here breaking through walls yelling EGS praises, OH YEEAAAHHHH!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 2, 2019, 20:09 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 17:11:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 16:48:
HoSpanky wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 15:13:
Trying to get all my buddies to snag For Honor, should be fun for a lan.

Mordhau is better

Oh cool, is mordhau free? NO?!?

The whole “free and multiplayer” is literally the only reason I’m getting it. Neither game interests me at a “willing to pay for it” level.

That is likely the mindset of most shoppers on EGS. The numbers going to EGS is pure astroturfing. There's no loyalty beyond getting free crap. As soon as it ends, people will leave. The sooner, the better. Epic blew their one shot to be a legitimate competitor against Valve's juggernaut.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

11. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 2, 2019, 16:49 Kxmode

More free candy from the white van. Golfclap  

10. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 2, 2019, 16:48 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 2, 2019, 15:13:
Trying to get all my buddies to snag For Honor, should be fun for a lan.

Mordhau is better

News Comments > Fortnite Season X Launches
3. Re: Fortnite Season X Launches Aug 2, 2019, 02:20 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 18:31:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 15:40:
Season X already? They're going to run out of letters soon.
They'll switch to emoticons or symbols.

Fortnite Season Skull

Fortnite Season Skull : Extreme Smash !

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2019, 17:39 Kxmode

Fun fact: In 2008, Sam Jackson played a character in Jumper bent on hunting and killing people with superhuman abilities. A few months later he appeared in his first cameo as Nick Fury in Iron Man to hunt and assemble people with superhuman abilities.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2019, 16:38 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 14:32:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 13:56:
But that's not how the survivors felt. They were willing to go to extreme lengths to correct Thanos's actions. If you were in that situation and you lost a loved one or your entire family, what would you do? I think you'd jump at the opportunity to change history.

What's life without loss? How can you ever truly value something if you can't lose it? I wouldn't be happy about it but I'd understand why he did it and I'd agree with it. Life is random anyway. We're all a one in a million shot. The one sperm that made it. If people could go back and change things they didn't like it'd never end. And that doesn't even begin to cover the downside of doing something like that. What if Hitler could go back in time and win WWII? The ability to time travel and change things would ultimately result in our extinction, and likely the extinction of all life and the Universe itself. Into every life some rain must fall.

I don't agree with that nihilistic view of life. That mindset is the resulting condition of thousands of years of living with a specific expiration date in mind. Humans are not supposed to die. We were designed to last forever but cannot do so today. The disease of death will be cure in the future. Animals and plants will still die, so humans born under a condition of practical immortality will always understand what loss means.

News Comments > Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity
40. Re: Isolation Jul 31, 2019, 23:00 Kxmode

Hope Piranha likes their new subpar apartment run by a bunch of anti-consumer scumlords.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2019, 13:56 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 13:34:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 12:58:
Has anyone figured out how time travel works in Endgame? On the one hand, you have Bruce's definition where the butterfly effect doesn't exist as clearly demonstrated by Nebula. However, the Ancient One made it clear to Bruce that all stones to be in their proper place and time, as shown by Steve Rogers decision. And then there's the quantum stuff. Is it best to ignore all the comic book mumbo-jumbo?

It's all jive. You can't change the past. A paradox can't happen. How can you go back in time and kill your grandfather before he sires your parent? The ONLY possibility would be divergent timelines in the multiverse where the "snap" happened in Universe A but not in Universe B.

Maybe divergent timelines is possible because their traveling through time via quantum realities.

I think Endgame sucked.

I enjoyed it. Everything was nearly perfect for me especially the emotional closures. Wasn't too happy about the deaths but that just added to realism to show the true cost of victory and the willingness of the characters to put their lives on the line and really mean it.

So half of all life is gone, so what? That's still 3 or 4 billion people and trillions of animals and insects left on the planet. Consider Shanghai alone. It's the world's most populous city with 25 million people, Jesus, Canada only has 35 million people. So that'd still be 12 millionish people left. That's still exceedingly crowded anyway you slice it. The world wouldn't fall apart like they portrayed it. Thanos was right, things would be much improved for all forms of life left. However we'd go right back to ruining things so he should have wiped out humanity and any other species like us and left everything else to just move along.

But that's not how the survivors felt. They were willing to go to extreme lengths to correct Thanos's actions. If you were in that situation and you lost a loved one or your entire family, what would you do? I think you'd jump at the opportunity to change history.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2019, 12:58 Kxmode

Has anyone figured out how time travel works in Endgame? On the one hand, you have Bruce's definition where the butterfly effect doesn't exist as clearly demonstrated by Nebula. However, the Ancient One made it clear to Bruce that all stones to be in their proper place and time, as shown by Steve Rogers decision. And then there's the quantum stuff. Is it best to ignore all the comic book mumbo-jumbo?  

News Comments > EA Financials
7. Re: EA Financials Jul 31, 2019, 06:38 Kxmode

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 22:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 20:47:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 20:09:
Anthem released on February 22, 2019. Not a single mention of it in their Q1 Results. That's how you know it was a financial failure.

No mention here also means that they have no further plans with it, besides lifesupport

Isn't that what everyone want, EA to cancel Anthem right?

No. More like validation to show we were right for calling out Anthem for what it was long before its launch. Two weeks before release, I called it an Early Access Games-as-a-Service and noted people paid EA to beta test a rushed, unfinished product. It took a few weeks and months, but eventually most came around to understand what it was. Unfortunately, it happened after launch. As the expression goes: hindsight is 20/20. I hope Anthem folds. Not because I'm vindictive or I want BioWare to burn. No. EA and other big publishers will get the message that gamers did not want early-access GAAS products. Hopefully, that will make them reluctant to put money into them and by extension they will instead, hopefully, publisher games that are better.

4. Re: EA Financials Jul 30, 2019, 22:37 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 21:48:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 20:09:
Anthem released on February 22, 2019. Not a single mention of it in their Q1 Results. That's how you know it was a financial failure.

This is their fiscal Q1, which ends June 30th. February is Q4. So we knew it failed 3 months ago when all they said about it was "we launched a new IP," lol.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

1. Re: EA Financials Jul 30, 2019, 20:09 Kxmode

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Jul 30, 2019, 14:19 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 12:02:
Bill Borre wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 11:28:
Big changes to the way ESO is downloaded, patched, and stored on local hard drives. We need to refresh ESO’s patching and file manifest data to remove duplicate files and older data that is no longer needed. This will result in a major reduction of space taken up by the client on the player’s local hard drive.

I thought this was odd at the game's launch. I'm not sure why they chose to implement this in this fashion.
It has always seemed excessive, currently mine's at 79 gig. At launch we had to have a complete separate install for US and EU (40 gig each att) so we could continue to play during patching.

Mines at 92 GB. Glad to see the change.

News Comments > First Cloud Saves on Epic Games Store
36. Re: 'That's All She Wrote' Jul 29, 2019, 00:00 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 28, 2019, 23:49:
SIONAL
Someone Is Not A Lawyer

Why are you still here Troll? Go guard a bridge or whatever trolls do. Actually, nevermind. You're doing precisely what Trolls do.

34. Re: 'That's All She Wrote' Jul 28, 2019, 23:32 Kxmode

I'm going to straight-up state the obvious. Exclusive Dealing of the kind Epic is engaging in falls under the list of Anticompetitive practices.

Related to the language on the Exclusive Dealing definition:

1. In competition law, exclusive dealing refers to an arrangement whereby a retailer or wholesaler is 'tied' to purchase from a supplier on the understanding that no other distributor will be appointed or receive supplies in a given area. - this is basically what third-parties are engaging in.

2. When the sales outlets are owned by the supplier, exclusive dealing is because of vertical integration, where the outlets are independent exclusive dealing is illegal (in the US) due to the Restrictive Trade Practices Act - that first part of the clause applies to publisher platforms selling products exclusive on their platforms (e.g. EA on Origin, Acitivision-Blizzard on Battle.net, Epic on EGS, Valve on Steam, and so forth) but does not apply to third-party generalized products on the open market.

I don't care if you think that's the only way Epic can build their storefront. Epic can build their storefront by attracting buyers with better incentives like store offers and by being a better shopping experience. Being the only place in town to buy an item, so to speak online, is illegal. The language on the FTC's Anticompetitive Practices page classifies Epic's nonsense as anticompetitive. The fact they keep doing it over and over again to refine the process and make it better makes it a practice.

I've taken steps to bring their activities to the authorities. If they deem it illegal, then they can bring down the banhammer on Epic.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2019, 23:53.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2019, 22:27 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2019, 22:09:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 27, 2019, 20:55:
I picked up X-Plane 11. What a BEAUTIFUL game in 4K. I learned how to take off and read most of the important flight instruments on the single-engine training plane Cessna 172SP. The process was much easier than I thought with a Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas PS3. X-Plane will definitely hold me over until Flight Simulator 2019 comes out. I hope this year.

Here's a screenshot of X-Plane of my setup.

That's pretty sweet. How's the frame rate with the 2080TI in 4K?

Also, do you have a VR set up yet? I find flight sims are so much better in VR.

Lastly, after viewing your screenshot, I saw this video in the imgur feed. Really funny.

thanks! 30-40 with most of the settings maxed out. Pretty sure the issue is my CPU not able to handle all the geometry data. I feel upgrading to a I9-9900 and mobo should handle that very well.

Don't have VR. Going to wait and see what Flight Simulator 2019 offers. That's the game I'm REALLY looking forward too, likely even more so than Cyberpunk 2077.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2019, 20:55 Kxmode

I picked up X-Plane 11. What a BEAUTIFUL game in 4K. I learned how to take off and read most of the important flight instruments on the single-engine training plane Cessna 172SP. The process was much easier than I thought with a Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas PS3. X-Plane will definitely hold me over until Flight Simulator 2019 comes out. I hope this year.

Here's a screenshot of X-Plane of my setup.

22. Re: 'That's All She Wrote' Jul 27, 2019, 09:04 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 27, 2019, 02:16:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2019, 21:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 26, 2019, 21:04:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2019, 20:29:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2019, 15:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2019, 15:11:
Would the last person out the door at Valve headquarters Please Remember To Turn Off The Lights.

They can afford to keep the lights on all night. Can't say the same for Epic, if the current Fortnite trend continues.
Thank you, exactly the point I was trying to make in the other thread.

It's still a moot point. What makes you think that Epic's life depends on Fortnite?

[rest snipped as irrelevant]

Simple.

Before Fortnite's success, Epic took in about a billion or so annually from engine licensing fees. During that entire time, Epic never had a store beyond a launcher created for Paragon in 2016. Neither Paragon nor the Unreal engine was enough to start a store. However, once they reached a combined three billion in annual income from engines fees and Fortnite, then they did it. After Fortnite's success, and shutting down Paragon in April 2018, did they repurpose the Paragon launcher into a barebones storefront and rush it out the door as a non-minimum viable product. As Toad Howard puts it, "It's not how you launch, it's what it becomes" that matters...

In other words, Epic only got into the platform business after Fortnite's success infused Epic with an additional two billion.

Those are the facts. They tell you everything you need to know.

Epic is not the Steam killer and never will be. As an established brand, the only company who'll dethrone Valve is Valve themselves.

And?

Where is the part that explains why they can not maintain their store?

[again, rest snipped because reasons]

"[rest snipped as irrelevant]." In other words, I don't care to talk about any of the other stuff except for the part I quoted. I answered your question, "What makes you think that Epic's life depends on Fortnite?" If you want to discuss the other stuff, find someone else.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot Released
4. Re: Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot Released Jul 27, 2019, 09:01 Kxmode

If Microsoft Flight Simulator 2019 offers VR that will likely be the killer app for me.  

15534 Comments. 777 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo