Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13313 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Delayed
3. Re: Psychonauts 2 Delayed Dec 22, 2017, 03:12 Kxmode

Right out of the Star Citizen playbook.

- A delay announced? check
- A video to jazz people up? check
- Advertise some sort of merchandise? check

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 16:31 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 16:16:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:26:
All the People Congress Is Leaving Behind for Christmas sad

Republicans Exact Their Revenge Through a Tax Bill good read
BobBob wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:25:
What do JW's think about this, from a religious perspective?
jesus bobbob, don't feed
No one cares about the cult's views.
The feeling is mutual about your rampant politics comments. I'm sure I'm not the only one who dislikes it.
Tom keeps getting better!

Now you're trolling.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 16:29 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:59:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:46:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:20:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 14:56:
Defying tRump, U.N. General Assembly Condemns U.S. Decree on Jerusalem

Enough with the politics! I recommend https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/. That's a perfect place for you to politically babble all day long with like-minded folks.

We remain neutral of politics, so I have nothing to say about it.

Even if you were under a dictatorship with religious persecution? What if your involvement in politics could put an end to such a dictatorship?

Review the history of JWs living in Nazi Germany. What they did then, applies today.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 15:49 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:26:
All the People Congress Is Leaving Behind for Christmas sad

Republicans Exact Their Revenge Through a Tax Bill good read
jesus bobbob, don't feed
No one cares about the cult's views.

The feeling is mutual about your rampant politics comments. I'm sure I'm not the only one who dislikes it.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 15:46 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 15:20:

Enough with the politics! I recommend https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/. That's a perfect place for you to politically babble all day long with like-minded folks.

We remain neutral of politics, so I have nothing to say about it.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 15:20 Kxmode

Enough with the politics!

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/ is a perfect place for you to talk about such things.

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
42. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 15:16 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 11:27:
(in all seriousness, it looks good, though I wish Mark wasn't overdoing it so much on the "MUST SOUND GRUFF" vocals.)

That's not Mark, that's Chris' direction. He basically wants Christopher Blair from Wing Commander 3 and 4.

News Comments > Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks
41. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 15:12 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 22:29:
Okay the nonsense surrounding this game has reached epic levels but c'mon... Mark Hamill kinda looks badass. It's okay, you can admit it.

That's why the project is still receiving funds. The marketing team is brilliant.

29. Re: Killer virus Dec 20, 2017, 18:13 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 10:47:
"We have a responsibility to ensure that research with infectious agents is conducted responsibly, and that we consider the potential biosafety and biosecurity risks associated with such research,"

"However, we ignore that responsibility wherever and whenever we can. Don't worry, though. When we let a super-deadly virus escape, we'll just hide behind corporate legalism and bullshit for months just to cover our asses, while all of you die horrible, horrible deaths."

Yay, America. Are you guys getting tired of all the Win yet? I know I am. SO. MUCH. WIN.

Your intake of sodium is rather high.

News Comments > Destiny 2 is Activision's "Biggest PC Launch"
17. Re: Destiny 2 is Activision's Dec 20, 2017, 15:07 Kxmode

Pepe wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 14:32:
/launches game

within 5 minutes hard lock up and computer reboots or bluescreen and reboots.

Me and countless others are still waiting on a patch so we can play longer then 5 minutes, they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix that though, they got our money.

Activision: Dude! Destiny 2 has outsold Destiny and is hailed as the “biggest new video game IP launch in history."

News Comments > Destiny 2 is Activision's "Biggest PC Launch"
15. Re: Destiny 2 is Activision's "Biggest PC Launch" Dec 20, 2017, 14:14 Kxmode

Activision: Dude! Destiny 2 has outsold Destiny and is hailed as the “biggest new video game IP launch in history."
Me: K.

55. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2017, 13:59 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 07:29:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 00:18:
Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 16:42:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 16:36:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 15:51:
The house passed the rich people bailout.
obligatory

Jesus, Saves!

Rebound to Gretzky, he fakes, Jesus flops to the corner, Gretzky lifts it up, GRETZKY SCORES!

ALL HAIL GRETZKY! GRETZKY 1, JESUS 0!

Unlike hockey players, Jesus could walk on liquid water. GRETZKY 1, JESUS 1! ... in a thunderstorm. GRETZKY 1, JESUS 2! ... and control the weather. GRETZKY 1, JESUS 3! *drops mic*

What kind of psychopath plays hockey in a thunderstorm...

Wait, did you just say Jesus is Storm from the XMEN? Jesus is Halle Berry!?

Yes, Jesus is Halle Berry and a Xmen.

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
16. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Dec 20, 2017, 06:05 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 17:35:
As usual some rando Blue's poster has everything figured out better than the execs, managers, business analysts, engineers, developers, the entire businesses set up to make money and develop the technology. You tell em.

If you end up being right tout your victory whenever, wherever, and to whatever degree that it applies and if you end up being wrong... well it simply hasn't happened yet, just wait!

You didn't even bother to read the article I posted, did you? It very clearly demonstrates the state of VR today.

I am not going to "tout my victory" if VR dies or hibernate (I don't want VR to do that). However, I am a pragmatist. IOW, I won't back down from saying what you know is common knowledge. Technology has NEVER evolved into the mainstream without killer apps, and so far VR has not produced any. There's NO driver to get the masses to upgrade their machines and/or buy the hardware. Because of this VR remains a self-defeating pipedream for the moment.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2017, 05:39 Kxmode

I'm addicted to Horizon Zero Dawn. I have no words to describe how amazing it is. Concurrently, I feel more comfortable with a PS4 controller; never thought I'd see that. Plus the PS4 has so many exclusive past, present, and future. Overall the PS4 PRO is great. If you had any inkling to buy one, get it. It's worth it, especially if you have a 4K screen. Thumbsup  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2017, 00:18 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 16:42:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 16:36:
obligatory

Jesus, Saves!

Rebound to Gretzky, he fakes, Jesus flops to the corner, Gretzky lifts it up, GRETZKY SCORES!

ALL HAIL GRETZKY! GRETZKY 1, JESUS 0!

Unlike hockey players, Jesus could walk on liquid water. GRETZKY 1, JESUS 1! ... in a thunderstorm. GRETZKY 1, JESUS 2! ... and control the weather. GRETZKY 1, JESUS 3! *drops mic*

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 16:36 Kxmode

obligatory

Jesus, Saves! (A counter comment to your rampant political postings)

News Comments > L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files
14. Re: L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files Dec 19, 2017, 16:21 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 13:38:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 12:59:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:31:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 12:01:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 04:20:
Have any of Rockstar's money suits bothered to look at the stats for VR?

HTC Vive 0.10% (-0.02%)
Oculus Rift 0.09% (-0.02%)
Oculus Rift DK 20.00% (-0.01%)
Oculus Rift DK 10.00% (0.00%)

Why are they releasing a game for a dead technology or at least a tech with no interest? The only possible thing I can come up with is HTC and Valve are paying Rockstar to make LA Noire into a VR game for Vive as a way to boost sales.

I doubt it, if you cared to frequent VR spaces, you can see things are healthy enough, growing and those coming in are blown away. But whatever, you just want to close the door.
Don't you know that new tech is supposed to already be at 100% adoption with Triple A games on day 1. kx should stick to star citizen threads.

Is that how your mind works? I DID NOT post that or any hint of it.
right
What you post and what you think you post are diametric opposites.

In your quest to prove me wrong, I will simply let a real video game professional speak about VR:

"I was very excited when I first played with the Oculus DK2 — the technology was limited, but you could already see what the ambition was. The hardware has increased iteratively; but you need an incredible amount of horsepower and very well optimised low-latency engine to drive VR. Neither Unreal nor Unity are particularly well optimised… The big players who have the tech that could make a difference don’t see the demographics on VR yet, and the people won’t buy it without the killer apps." (https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/26/this-vr-cycle-is-dead/)

Note the use of killer app in final sentence. That's the only thing that will drive VR tech. Everything hinges on that.

HTC Vive 0.10% (-0.02%)
Oculus Rift 0.09% (-0.02%)
Oculus Rift DK 20.00% (-0.01%)
Oculus Rift DK 10.00% (0.00%)

Those are sad, indefensible numbers. They cannot sustain VR profitability and no developer is going spend tens of millions to develop a game that only a small percentage of gamers can play. That's not good business cents.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2017, 16:31.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 16:13 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 11:33:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 03:29:
At least now I know which game inspired UbiSoft to add a photo mode to ACO.

No Man's Sky?

Don't know anything about NMS photo mode but I do know the PM in ACO looks almost identical to HDZ's PM.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 03:29 Kxmode

Here's a screenshot I took with the game's photo mode of a large capital in Horizon Zero Dawn called Meridian. At least now I know which game inspired UbiSoft to add a photo mode to ACO.

screenshot 1
screenshot 2

Apologies for the less than 4K quality.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 13:33 Kxmode

My one chance to play KB/M on PS4 evaporated when the only authorized PS4 KB/M accessory did not work out of the box after an hour trying to set it up. Worse, HORI never responded to my repeated inquiries to assist me (and they still haven't). So I gave up and decided to continue playing with a controller (maybe that was Sony's intention all along?).

The only saving grace has been Horizon Zero Dawn. Not only is the game amazing on so many levels, but it is an excellent game for controller training. HDZ ease me into the controls pretty smoothly and repeats several times what I need to press. I like the on-demand difficulty switch. During particularly nasty boss fights it is nice to change the difficulty from Normal to Story (Carebear mode) on the fly.

13313 Comments. 666 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo