Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12605 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 05:46 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 02:48:
Life is an STD that is hard to get rid off! Evolution is a master at spreading this STD.

We have found life where we expected it to be impossible (e.g. close to black smokers). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcJlmpen4A0 I am sure that once life exists it is hard to get totally killed. Fungi, moss, lichens, bacteria - very hard to kill them all. But more complex lifeforms (especially those who cannot adapt very well to a changing habitat) will die much easier and earlier than simple lifeforms that adapt to almost every climate.

There are bacteria in Carlsbad Caverns called Paenibacillus that are "immortal." Its age is 4 million years. Given the location in such harsh conditions, the bacteria built up defenses to fight other bacteria for resources through attrition. Over time the strain became immune to many modern antibiotics. Effectively they cannot die from natural causes. And then, of course, there are Tardigrades. These little tiny water bears looking for picket baskets is all kinds of extremes like lava and pools of acid, and if none are found can shrivel up and hibernate for hundreds of years without dying.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2017, 05:58.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 23:43 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 20:19:
I tap into the universal consciousness man. Beatnik

So you finished that venti green vanilla bean crème Frappuccino with heavy cream, 0.5 soy Lactaid milk, Stevia and Monk Fruit, honey, extra caramel drizzle, matcha powder with room for foam. Add Frappuccino chips, agave, blueberry topping. No ice, water, whip, sweet cream. Served with 34-degree bananas, strawberries, two protein powder, 0.3 almond milk and 0.152 coconuts milk? Did your eyes pop out of their sockets?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 21, 2017, 23:26 Kxmode

Google updated Earth and wow are the results amazing! Check out this view of Paris. What's crazy is I've never been to Paris, except in Assassin's Creed Unity, and this looks all familiar to me via Arno's adventures. And here's London that I've never visited but have become familiar with through Evie and Jacob Frye in Syndicate.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Announced
6. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Announced Apr 21, 2017, 20:10 Kxmode

So WW2 is popular again?  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 20:02 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 19:32:
Sure, the planet will survive -- as a barren wasteland, devoid of all life -- but I'm sure it'll still keep orbiting the sun for another billion or so years. As I always like to say, "One man's paradise is another man's dead rock floating in space."

Interesting. Is your viewpoint based on anything you've learned or does it come from media (movies, video games, books, etc.)? Inquiring minds want to know. Smart

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 19:47 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 17:14:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 11:53:
Case in point, Hitler, and the Nazis ended. The Witnesses continue to thrive in Germany. *drops mic*

But aren't Nazis (or actually fascists, radical nationalists) having a great comeback pretty much all over the world right now because so many people are afraid of globalization and therefore want their countries to be "strong" and "racially pure" again? You know, people who want to make their countries great again and have slogans like "{Name of country] FIRST!" and "Don't buy from non-americ... ehm... people from other nations!" and "Don't employ people from other nations" and so on. Some guy from Austria who ruled Germany for less than two decades had VERY similar ideas and slogans... Just sayin', bro!

Want to pick up that mic over there?

I don't know about that. That's political shenanigans that I don't concern myself with. People can do whatever they want in that arena. I'll just stand way over here.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 19:23 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 17:14:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 15:44:

Edit: "you wouldn't get preachy about your anti-science." Wait a second. I never said anything about that. What does "anti-science" even mean?

"Global warming isn't a big deal because God will save the Earth!"

About as anti-science as it gets. Next, you'll tell us evolution is "just a theory."

I wouldn't say that's explicitly anti-science. Apparently, global warming plays a part in changes to the earth, and the scientific community has provided evidence to show this. However, I was specifically addressing the "doom and gloom" response.

It doesn't matter what humans do. They won't ever be allowed to destroy the fundamental things that make the planet "operational." This doomsday scenario is something that environmentalists hinge their beliefs and fears on. I want clean air and water, but in the grand scheme of things, I am not at the level of concern as environmentalists. I put my faith in what the Bible states the Earth will eventually become, which is a paradise.

I'm not sure how you saw my viewpoint as "anti-science." It's not. It's belief in a different and positive outcome for our planet. Thumbsup

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 15:44 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 12:11:
Duuuuuude. You promised us you wouldn't get preachy about your anti-science.

Me: "I have already stated ad nauseum that I would not post bible stuff. I repeatedly linked to a post that quite literally says I'm banning myself from discussing the Bible on this site."

Yup. My apologies. Thanks for calling me on that.

Edit: "you wouldn't get preachy about your anti-science." Wait a second. I never said anything about that. What does "anti-science" even mean?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 11:53 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 05:24:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 17:46:
Russia banned Jehovah's Witnesses for "extremist activities." They may be annoying, but "extremist"?

Of course, they are extremists! Just like every Russian democratic movement! Forbid them, lock them up! Long live tsar Putin! RUSIYE!!!

Hitler did the same thing to the Witnesses in Nazi Germany. He made a bold proclamation, "This enemy of Great Germany, This brood of International Bible Students* will be exterminated in Germany!"

Even the scribes and Pharisees during the time of the apostles had to reluctantly conclude, "do not meddle with these men, but leave them alone. For if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; but if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. Otherwise, you may find yourselves fighting against God himself." (Acts 5:38, 39)

Case in point, Hitler, and the Nazis ended. The Witnesses continue to thrive in Germany. *drops mic*

(* Footnote: What the Witnesses were called before adopting the name Jehovah's Witnesses. They were also called Ernste Bibelforscher; German for "Earnest Bible Students")

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 03:29 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 02:55:
BobBob wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 01:08:
FFS

Surprised it took this long.

Trump keeps putting people who hate a particular issue in charge of the department that manages that issue. So this is inevitably going to be the result, sadly.

You guys worry about something that's trivial in the grand scheme of things. If you think this will cause the earth to suffer permanent damage, don't worry. First, Jehovah God will not allow humans to bring the Earth to ruin. The Bible assures us that He did not create the earth “simply for nothing.” Rather, he formed it “to be inhabited.” (Isaiah 45:18) Instead of allowing the Earth to be utterly plundered by humans, God will “bring to ruin those ruining the earth.” (Revelation 11:18) Besides, the plan in the future is to completely "renovate" the earth. You may or may not be around to see it, but realize you don't have to worry about an apocalyptic wasteland.

News Comments > Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Released
2. Re: Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Released Apr 20, 2017, 23:05 Kxmode

"Rick-ality" please, stop...  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2017, 17:46 Kxmode

Russia banned Jehovah's Witnesses for "extremist activities." They may be annoying, but "extremist"?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2017, 16:50 Kxmode

It's 4/20, which I am sure commemorates something.

International Pizza Cake Day
Lima Bean Respect Day
National Cheddar Fries Day
National Pineapple Upside-down Cake Day

I'm going to need a bottle of Pepto.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 20:19 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 18:26:
No resting in peace for Aaron Hernandez, that piece of shit. May he boil forever.

Apparently, being in a tight end in prison ruined his life too.

4. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 19, 2017, 14:02 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 10:25:
VaranDragon wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 10:06:
Though it might, for some unfathomable scientific reason, be funny as fuck, I still feel that the story "Destroyed By Giant Egg Beaters" shouldn't be listed under the science category

Killjoy.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 19, 2017, 02:25 Kxmode

Created a min price filter for SteamDB. This TamperMonkey script will let you set the minimum price so that you can weed out all the low-quality garbage.  

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
58. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 18, 2017, 21:08 Kxmode

RedEye, Agent-Zero, naswulf, theyarecomingforyou - I made a TamperMonkey present for you.

// ==UserScript==
// @name BluesNews Hide User
// @namespace http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version 1.0
// @description Better than 'Ignore User' since it hides the entire comment block. Does not hide quotes (yet).
// @author Kxmode
// @match *://www.bluesnews.com/*
// @grant none
// @require https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js
// ==/UserScript==

$(document).ready(function() {
var userArray = [ // Comma separated list of user IDs go here
];
var userProfileURL = "board.pl?action=userinfo&user=";
$.each( userArray, function( i, val ) {
$.each($("#BluesNews-Main .content table .content table font a"), function(index, value) {
if ($(this).attr("href").substring(0, 30) == userProfileURL)
{
if ($(this).attr("title") !== undefined)
{
if ($(this).attr("href").substring(30,50) == val)
{
$(this).parents().eq(4).attr("style","display:none;");
}
}
}
});
});
});

Figured since you can't stand my "embarrassing, cultist, bible-thumbing" ways you could use this to hide me from your presence. I even included my user id for ease of use.

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
55. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 18, 2017, 12:41 Kxmode

And the Guardians of the Galaxy are back...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 12:37 Kxmode

There's no R.I.P. today, so perhaps death isn't so certain.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 18, 2017, 02:01 Kxmode

https://steamdb.info/sales/ is a perfect example of the excessive clutter on Steam. Remember back in the day stores sold CDs full of crappy games? That's Steam at the moment. They need to start weeding.

12605 Comments. 631 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo