Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11890 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 19:38 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 18:24:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 05:31:
Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 19:20:
So having Derek Smart here is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Though I see him as an East Coast, FT Lauderdale-type.

He lives in Fort Lauderdale. His business is located just south of that in Aventura. I know more than that. Did the research when I was looking into his past.

Am I good or what? I've been down here way too long. Suppose that's no one's fault but my own but I will say that once you're here, it's really hard to leave and when you do, as I did in 2000, it somehow manages to pull you right back. A lot of my friends had a hard time leaving and staying gone, returning multiple times. Aside from that one time, I just stayed until I know I'll never come back.

I assume the cost of living is attractive in Florida compared to elsewhere. In California it's brutal with all the taxes. I think for every $1 I make about 35 cents of it is taken for taxes (e.g. food tax, eating out tax, gas tax, movie ticket tax, state tax, federal tax, cell phone tax, and on and on and on.)

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AU Fines Valve $3M
34. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 19:31 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 16:41:
They DID, in the case of NMS, offer a longer refund time. It wasn't immediate, but it did happen. As for the refund policy itself, I think it's fairly generous. People on this board seem to think that people AREN'T complete shitbags, but guess what...most people ARE. If they can play through an entire game and then return it, even if they enjoyed it, THEY WILL. That two hour refund policy has absolutely murdered some short indie games. Even if the game was only a dollar, people would refund them.

Have you played NMS? If you haven't then you don't know what 2-hours means in the context of No Man's Sky gameplay. By the way, NMS has no ending so nobody can actually play the "entire game."

"It is possible to synthesize excited bromide in an argon matrix. Itís an excimer frozen in its excited state."

News Comments > AU Fines Valve $3M
24. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 23, 2016, 15:34 Kxmode

A court found in May that Steam's website breached Australian Consumer Law because it stated consumers were not entitled to a refund and had no access to minimum quality guarantees.

I'm not defending Valve but they do actually have a refund policy. It's just really crappy and needs to be revamped. There should be situations, like in the case of NMS, where a refund is appropriate regardless of playtime.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 05:32 Kxmode

Fantaz wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 23:06:
a good steak is worth it... you deserve it!

Being a vegetarian is a huge missed steak!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 05:31 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 19:20:
So having Derek Smart here is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. Though I see him as an East Coast, FT Lauderdale-type.

He lives in Fort Lauderdale. His business is located just south of that in Aventura. I know more than that. Did the research when I was looking into his past.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 18:35 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 12:17:
So, moral of the story? Don't move to Florida!

You know who else lives in Florida? Derek Smart

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2016, 18:33 Kxmode

Quboid wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 13:07:
Steam Winter sale has started.

"Well, obviously we have a Steam sale on the Internet. It's climbin' in yo Windows, and snatchin' yo money up, tryin' to sell games. So y'all need to hide yo wallets, hide yo checking accounts, and hide yo bonuses cause they putting every game on sale!"

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
23. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 21, 2016, 14:08 Kxmode

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 13:51:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 13:06:
I was tempted to sell my super rare pre-nerf Hoary Mattekar Robe on eBay but I kept for sentimental reasons. There was no such thing in AC as BOP or BOE making it super easy to get rid of high levelled items for cash-money.

Were those the robes that were bright white?

Yup!

20. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 21, 2016, 13:06 Kxmode

Choachy wrote on Dec 21, 2016, 08:25:
I played AC for many years, and it was my first MMORPG. I guess I played it until WoW came out. And I had completely forgotten about the spell learning system. Burning through tapers left and right to learn a spell. Fizzling spells on cast because I wasnt high enough to get 100% was awesome. I remember the big world events where the devs would control the big demon shadow guy (can't remember his name) and Asheron.

The big guy was called Bael'Zharon.

Two of my fondest memories of the game besides the many friends I made in it: Crafting the sword that could be one of 4 elements using all those ingots (I cant remember the name of anything now). It took me a long time to collect those mats, but man, it was an accomplishment when I did it.

I believe you're referring to the Atlan Weapons (super powerful at the time). The four stones that gave the weapon different damage types was Major Shivering for cold damage, Major Smoldering for fire damage, Major Sparking for electrical damage, and Major Stinging for acid damage. I believe I used my Atlan weapon until I got a Singularity weapon.

And collecting some random plate boots, mentioning it in chat, and some guy offering to pay real cash for them. This is the one and only time in ANY video game ever, that I sold an item for real money. I gave the boots to a trustworthy third party to hold them while this guy physically mailed me a check (think pre-paypal).

Absolutely. I used to sell Virindi Masks on eBay for $25 a pop. Besides looking cool, because who didn't want to look like a Virindi, they also had decent stats. I was tempted to sell my super rare pre-nerf Hoary Mattekar Robe on eBay but I kept for sentimental reasons. There was no such thing in AC as BOP or BOE making it super easy to get rid of high levelled items for cash-money.

Now Im going to have to look up some AC videos and reminisce.

Me too!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Sabotage Plans
2. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Sabotage Plans Dec 20, 2016, 22:53 Kxmode

I can't stand it. I know they planned it!

11. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 20, 2016, 22:50 Kxmode

Korrd wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 22:27:
To this day I'll still talk people's ears off about AC's magic system. I remember the hours I spent in magic shops, combining reagents in different ways, trying to figure out the right combination for a new spell. What a fucking joy it was. I heard they replaced that years ago with the usual NPC trainers that teach spells with a click of your mouse, but man, figuring it out for yourself was so much fun.

Absolutely. One cherished memory was figuring out the recipe to teleport to Ithaenc Cathedral on the Vesayen Isles. Every mob on that island was an instant death. But boy was that fun. Also figuring out the teleport to Ayan Baqur was awesome! I remember always thinking "I'm in the Direlands! I'm so elite!"

8. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 20, 2016, 22:41 Kxmode

This is a sad day. So many memories. Morningthaw will have a special place in my heart.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2016, 15:53 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 15:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:42:
I have to post this... this one will be a family legacy at reunions:

https://twitter.com/LOV_app/status/811104147797921793

The internet never forgets!

The Internet never forgives.

News Comments > Into the Black
21. Re: Into the Black Dec 20, 2016, 15:50 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:42:
How the hell are these comments leaning so much toward the (boring-who-really-gives-a-shit-seriously) second link and not the first? I was truly expecting the opposite. Blues crew, you've sorely disappointed me. Shame and lament upon you.

I find your comment shallow and pedantic.

News Comments > Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface?
15. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 15:45 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 12:53:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 12:35:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 12:04:
CryTech soon to be called CryCIG.

CryMore?
Only for backers.

Boom. http://i.imgur.com/WXj9dW8.gif

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2016, 15:40 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 13:14:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 11:50:
First!

Finally! I've always wanted to type that.

The 1990s called and want their Firsts back!

Better late than never!

13. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 15:38 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 15:12:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 11:46:
Kind of interesting considering Derek predicted CIG would be bankrupt by early 2016.
As for Derek, he predicted a lot of things and none of them have been accurate. He's simply a troll, jealous at the notion that anybody could produce better games than him. I'm assuming he was molested as a child, as he is not right in the head.

I know who Derek is and I'm pretty sure molestation isn't something he went through (you should take the high road and not stoop to such playground antics regardless of your loathing towards him). Regarding my comment, it was merely a nod to his past predictions, and how, like Harold Camping, his predictions never occur.

3. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 12:35 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 12:04:
CryTech soon to be called CryCIG.

CryMore?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2016, 11:50 Kxmode

First!

Finally! I've always wanted to type that.

1. Re: Crytek Closes Five Studios; Sells Warface? Dec 20, 2016, 11:46 Kxmode

I wonder if CIG's siphoning of CryTech engineering talent has something to do with it. Or perhaps leaving CryTech to join CIG is a result of financial issues with CryTech. Kind of interesting considering Derek predicted CIG would be bankrupt by early 2016.  

11890 Comments. 595 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo