Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12511 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
61. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 18:47 Kxmode

Squirmer wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 18:40:
The only issue here is that Bioware writers are terrible. It wasn't this character that was "hamfisted". Bioware's writing in general is hamfisted.

That's the thing. I don't even like ham. So I surely don't like it being punched! I prefer turkey clubs with a side a french fries. I'm hungry. BRB! Drool

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 18:45 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 17:50:
Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha Mwahaha

Is that in reference to the clone wars?

41. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 14:37 Kxmode

E.A. - Early Access. It's in the name.  

40. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 14:26 Kxmode

They should apologize for the unpolished quality. It doesn't appear to measure up the standards set by the previous trilogy.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
56. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 22:03 Kxmode

@OpticNerve - You should play the revised ending. It's much better. Also, play the Citadel DLC. It'll give the series a nice bit of closure.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 21:55 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 07:42:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 03:47:
Let's see, make people pay full price for a game, then have shit netcode and force them to grind for in-game currency? Why would people downvote that?

Ubisoft continually does crazy, stupid shit like this. They only learn their lessons after tons of negativity and floundering sales. Unfortunately, by then it's probably too late.

Yup! I've played through the AC series (on Syndicate). Unity drove me nuts with its mangled controls, PAY2WIN cash shop, and the complicated currency system (Livres, Sync Points, Creed Points and Helix Credits). They priced upgrade items so expensive in Livres that I would be required to either waste a ton of time tracking down chests for paltry Livres or buy Helix Credits from the Ubi soft. Not wanting to do either, I opted for a cheat to add enough Livres to purchase the items I needed so that I could finish the game. How shameful of Ubi!

UbiSoft managed to turn something that worked in the earlier quadrilogy eventually into a bloated carcass. Unity and Rogue remain the worse of the series. People get tired of the ham-fisted shenanigans, and that was seen when very few bought Syndicate even though it's a much better game.

52. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 19:18 Kxmode

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

I'll wait "Over the next two months" so I can get the more polished experience. Thanks $60 early access testers!

23. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 02:49 Kxmode

Thanks, NKD but at the risk of reading spoilers, I'll just conclude based on your word count you like the game.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 02:41 Kxmode

Another Montreal studio. What's going on in that city?

News Comments > New Heroes of the Storm Hero; Loot Chest Updates
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 02:40 Kxmode

Remember when Blizzard was all about making games that bucked the trend towards grind?

21. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 02:11 Kxmode

ItBurn wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 01:37:
I want to think that they're being good and fixing problems with the game, but what I really think is that they unashamedly released an unfinished game at full price.

Yup. It seems to be the standard way to develop games today. I don't like early access, but at least I can appreciate the honesty. I have very little respect for publishers who push out games that lack polish (MEA), content (No Man's Sky), or are broken (Batman Arkham Knight). I also don't liking AAA-rated episodic games (Hitman, SQ42). Those are fine for TTG stuff, but not $60 titles. Also, taking content that should be standard, and re-packaging it as DLC or Season Pass content for a premium is shameful.

ItBurn wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 01:37:
I want to think that they're being good and fixing problems with the game, but what I really think is that they unashamedly released an unfinished game at full price. One thing's for sure, I'm going to wait until they're done with all improvements(and a sale) before I consider buying it.

I haven't played, so I say this with a measure of ignorance, but I heard the story and MMO fetch quests are the problems. That's "the" game that I don't think a patch could fix. That being said...

@NKD, or anyone who has played for a significant amount of time, does the game get better? I would imagine if you have 150+ hours in it then the answer would be yes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 01:58 Kxmode

I sitting in my computer room sobbing because the neighbors dogs are treated like garbage by their owner. He's out looking for another place to live and said he won't be back until the end of the month. He's basically left them alone in the backyard and made no arrangements to have someone care for them. My heart is crushed because they're so aggressive to me, but I'd like to give them food and water. The hours-long barking is unreal, but I'm not even mad at the dogs. How could I? I'm mad at the owner for being this way.

How I feel right now.

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

One of low points of my life.

16. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 4, 2017, 23:57 Kxmode

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Pretty sure 80% of Star Citizen will end up having this. I've seen videos of the game dragging out mundane tasks that should be a few seconds into 15-30 minutes chores.

14. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 4, 2017, 23:48 Kxmode

Is this the patch that makes faces not so tired?

News Comments > Steam Discovery Changes Will "Fight Fake Games"
9. Re: Steam Discovery Changes Will Apr 4, 2017, 11:20 Kxmode

Valve is crowdsourcing a job they should be handling themselves to their customers, and even more telling that with annual revenues of close to a billion they don't want to do this. Personally, I'm not concerned by this. What I am concerned by is the way gamers act as a hive mind. Individually, fine. As a group, scum and villainy.  

News Comments > Thimbleweed Park Released
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 4, 2017, 02:11 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 04:20:
It's pretty damn good so far.
Feels like it's a LucasArts classic adventure for sure.

Four of developers are former LucasArts employees.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 3, 2017, 20:30 Kxmode

Witness!  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 3, 2017, 18:31 Kxmode

saluk wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 17:19:
I had no idea IT was such a cultural phenomenon. I know of it, and have a vague idea that it's about a clown, but that's the extent of it. Didn't know the clowns name. I haven't encountered the memes (or maybe I didnt know what they were when I saw them).

We all have our cultural blank spots I guess.

It's more a cultural phenomenon because adults tell the youth online about the television movie starring Tim Currey, who masterfully owned Pennywise in only the way Tim can. Of all the tv movies made based off of King's work, IT remains the most popular.

"Don't you want it?!"
"We all float down here."

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 3, 2017, 18:28 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 14:14:
Stephen King is a horror genius. What is it with Stephens and genius?

In the land of free thinking, Kings and Hawks reign supreme.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month
11. Re: Batman: Arkham VR PC This Month Apr 3, 2017, 18:24 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 14:40:
It's almost cute to see how much VR is still in its baby shoes xD

Yup! They grow up... eventually.

12511 Comments. 626 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo