Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13076 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive in February
6. Re: Metal Gear Survive in February Oct 25, 2017, 16:17 Kxmode

According to Wikipedia, "Following the evacuation of Big Boss and Kazuhira Miller from the besieged Mother Base, a wormhole opens in the sky and absorbs the offshore plant as well as the remaining Militaires Sans Frontičres soldiers. The soldiers are transported to an alternate reality along with the remains of Mother Base, to find the world full of hostile, crystalline zombie-like entities known as "creatures"."

TL;DR extremely derivative.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive in February
5. Re: Metal Gear Survive in February Oct 25, 2017, 16:12 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 14:32:
What the fuck is this even?

It's Konami basically stating the condition of their company. Kind of like "Final Fantasy."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. RIP Fats Domino Oct 25, 2017, 14:58 Kxmode

I found my friend on Blueberry Hill.  

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
25. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 16:17 Kxmode

It sounds less like a Ponzi Scheme and more like money laundering. A Ponzi Scheme would be if NewEgg promised customers generous rebates in exchange for paying for said generosity. Newegg would then give the money they obtained from newer participants to participants who joined the system earlier.  

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
9. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 13:24 Kxmode

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:17:
Like an MMO? I don't understand what they mean by building this game as a service.

They're trying to tap into that sweet, sweet World of Warcraft cow milk. What they forget is that it works for WOW, but not other. Virtually all MMOs are F2P with cash shops. Guild Wars 2 is the only game that does this well. They don't cripple your access to content, and their cash shop isn't P2W. It's vanity stuff.

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
8. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 23, 2017, 13:19 Kxmode

With the rare exception of World of Warcraft, the subscription model hasn't worked. So why would they think it'll work now?  

News Comments > Steam Sale Dates Leaked?
13. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 21, 2017, 04:37 Kxmode

christheshitter wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 04:33:
Vio wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 02:22:
Give me 80% off what I want or wait another year for my money. That's what I say - my backlog's so big I can wait 5 years before needing to make a purchase.

Nah 80% is too little. At least 90% or it's nothing worth!

90%? Pfft. 100% or no deal.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
44. Re: Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 23:31 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 22:42:
Has nothing to do with the game, it has everything to do with these idiots who get on the forums and bash others for their liking of a game. Its ridiculous. Some people are just lost little sheep and to be honest need to be bitch slapped from one end of the room to the other.

Honestly, I just sick and tired of all the control freaks and haters.

So you're saying people bash you because of you like Destiny 2? Well, that's just juvenile and churlish of them. That said, you shouldn't let what others say bother you. If there was anyone on this site who has experience with that it would be me.

News Comments > Steam Sale Dates Leaked?
10. Re: Steam Sale Dates Leaked? Oct 20, 2017, 22:33 Kxmode

I have a huge incentive for not purchasing. $19K roof job.

41. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 22:30 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 21:11:
Been trying to ignore Destiny 2 reviews etc, but after looking at the forums, I'm (-) close to pulling my pre-order.

I would. Let others deal with the day one/week/month shenanigans.

News Comments > Windows 10 Adds TruePlay Anti-Cheat Software
3. Re: Windows 10 Adds TruePlay Anti-Cheat Software Oct 20, 2017, 20:22 Kxmode

I wonder if this would make older games riddled with cheaters, like The Division, playable?  

38. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 20:17 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 17:35:
Piss off!!

No one gives a damn abut you or a crying ass bullshit.

Destiny 2 appears to trigger you. Why is that?

37. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 20:15 Kxmode

"Players may erroneously encounter Saxophone errors when launching the Destiny 2 application directly from the .exe file." That has to be the strangest error I've ever seen!  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. re: Op Ed Oct 18, 2017, 23:04 Kxmode

I am not sure if this applies, so correct if I am wrong, but I remember in Assassin's Creed Unity there was one primary story mission where I could not do it unless I had a particular item. The item in question was 115K in-game currency or $10 cash-shop currency. I had around 45K in-game currency. It would have taken me forever to do enough side missions to get 115K. That is when I was forced to download a trainer so that I could cheat funds. That was the only time in AC's series where an item gated by microtransactions prevented me from completing the game. It is also one of the reasons Unity is last on my list of top AC games.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 22:55 Kxmode

I watched The Dark Tower and found it to be an absolute mess, and likely one of the worst Stephen King-adapted films. I say that never having read The Dark Tower series of books.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Selling 4M "Wasn't Enough"
18. Re: Dead Space 2 Selling 4M Oct 18, 2017, 15:08 Kxmode

Of course it wasn't enough. EA shareholders only think in big quarterly numbers.  

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
35. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 15:05 Kxmode

EA is such a scummy company. They literally patented something that is universally hated by most gamers. It would be like a cigarette company patenting "lung cancer" and demanding you, the victim of the disease from their products, pay them royalties.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 22:51 Kxmode

You know those fantastic photos on Windows 10's login and lock screens? I figured out how to turn them into desktop wallpapers.

1. Go into this folder: C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets.
2. Copy everything from that folder to another folder. Deleting anything under 140K is safe.
3. Run command prompt.
4. Navigate to the folder and type: ren *.* *.jpg
5. Any images that are 1920 x 1080 is good to go. You can delete the 1080 x 1920. Not sure what the purpose is for those photos.

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
73. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 17, 2017, 14:53 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 11:34:
It's definitely trolling, especially since the rest of us know the truth.

This recent Armageddon-based cult was formed in July 1879:
The Watchtower Society (More Notably Known as “Jehovah’s Witnesses”)
Charles Taze Russel founds a Bible study group, as well as a magazine he will begin to publish. It became known as “Zion’s Watch Tower Tract Society” in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in 1881, and, on December 15th, 1884, became legally incorporated. Renamed “Jehovah’s Witnesses” in 1931, this cult has gone on to be one of the most well-known religious organizations of all time; not to mention, it is still in existence to this day. Known for their three false doomsday predictions (1914, 1925, and 1975), and a worldwide membership of 7.1 million people, Jehovah’s Witnesses is a fine example of an Armageddon-based cult, both in the past and present.

RedEye, your argumentum ad hominem has no power. You will never be able to counter any points from the Bible because you possess none. I know all your words: "sky wizard", "book of myths", "stoopid Xtian," "cult member," and so forth. Your inability, or unwillingness, to express any degree of knowledge with the subject matter in question is quite sad, really.

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
72. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 17, 2017, 14:46 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 01:58:
Can it being trolling if the poster believes it to be true? KXMode is a great guy, but when science contradicts the Bible, he tends to go off the deep end.

Science explains a lot, but it is not the be-all and end-all for everything. Hebrews 11:1 says "faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for." In other words, it is somewhat nihilistic and arrogant to put a great deal of faith into believing people who, with average lifespans of 70 years, say the sun will turn into a red giant and destroy the earth in 5 billion years. In contrast, I choose the Bible's positive message of a future where our planet remains forever powered by the indefinitely lasting power of the sun.

13076 Comments. 654 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo