Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 11386 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
12. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 6, 2016, 15:08 Kxmode

Frijoles wrote on May 5, 2016, 23:00:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 22:18:
Wait until Q2 ends Blizzard. Your numbers are going to be drastically lower; guaranteed.

Are you saying their numbers are going to go down despite launching their first new game in 17 years? Or they're going to go down because people will leave Overwatch and everything else? What happens in the next 2 months?

No, I'm making that prediction based on numerous people saying they've cancelled their WOW subs (I did too), cancelled Overwatch and Legion preorders (I cancelled Legion), not purchasing other games (I was going to buy the complete Starcraft 2 collection, not anymore), not buying DLCs for HOTS and Hearthstone, and many won't see the film (though that's probably not going to happen). Blizzard's actions caused a negative ripple effect to all their products. It's an absolute certainty that Blizzard's numbers are going to be drastically lower at the end of Q2.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Open Beta Opens
43. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 22:29 Kxmode

Esoteric wrote on May 5, 2016, 17:05:
Although I'm liking Battleborn quite a bit more, I think I'll have enough fun in OW to warrant picking it up for 40. OW is more polished than BB, but I find BB to be more fun and have more depth. Very different kind of games.

There's also Paragon from Epic in case OW and BB don't cut it.

Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout, "Do your worst, for I will do mine!"

42. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 22:21 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on May 5, 2016, 14:45:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 14:38:
Boycott Blizzard. Give us WOW vanilla servers!

Weren't you just arguing the other day that this is the kind of post you don't make?

I don't recall that. Feel free to quote a post where I said that.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 5, 2016, 22:18 Kxmode

Wait until Q2 ends Blizzard. Your numbers are going to be drastically lower; guaranteed.  

21. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Opens May 5, 2016, 14:38 Kxmode

Boycott Blizzard. Give us WOW vanilla servers!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 13:38 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on May 5, 2016, 12:07:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:30:
I wonder how many people actually celebrate Cinco de Mayo to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

Happy anniversary Wolf 3D! The first game to induce nausea.

Only those who blatantly copy text from Wikipedia.

I am the best copy ninja.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 11:32 Kxmode

Blue wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:31:
Kxmode wrote on May 5, 2016, 11:30:
I wonder how many people actually celebrate Cinco de Mayo to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.

Just seems like an excuse to party.

People never need a reason to party.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 11:30 Kxmode

Happy anniversary Wolf 3D! The first game to induce nausea.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial
23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 5, 2016, 04:06 Kxmode

thecakeisalie wrote on May 4, 2016, 21:13:
Pretty graphics, cool sound. . . . Terrible decision by EA to put the most OP gun in the game into the "Digital Deluxe" edition. It's been nerfed now but that's not the point. People who paid extra at launch had an "I win" gun to start with that everyone else had to grind for. Almost no one plays anymore either.

That right there sums up Star Citizen's dilemma if and when they ever release the final version of PU.

News Comments > Respawn Developing a Star Wars Game
15. Re: Respawn Developing a Star Wars Game May 5, 2016, 03:59 Kxmode

Calling it today: Star Wars 1313. EA got all the assets for this project from LucasArts and saw that there was potential. Star Wars meets Gears of Wars perhaps. Something more gritty in the Star Wars universe. Who knows how far they got but if the E3 preview videos were any indicator it looks like they got passed the brainstorm phase, the concept phase, engine dev phase, and was in production phase. That's a lot to stuff to work with. Plus Respawn used to work on Call of Duty so working on 1313 is something they could easily transition into.

So mark today, May 5, 2016: Respawn is working on reviving Star Wars 1313.

News Comments > Steam Customer Review Changes
28. Re: Steam Customer Review Changes May 5, 2016, 02:05 Kxmode

I think games like Batman Arkham Knight are the ones that will see the most benefit. BAK's Recent versus Overall reviews show completely different pictures. This will definitely help people see if the newer game is worth purchasing. Overall a great move from Valve and a win-win for gamers and publishers.  

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 4, 2016, 14:59 Kxmode

Ceribaen wrote on May 4, 2016, 14:49:
Kxmode wrote on May 4, 2016, 14:38:
wasteoid wrote on May 4, 2016, 12:37:
First, free trial. Then, free to play (pay to win). Then, servers are shutdown.

Recent changes to the DMCA by the LOC gives people the legal ability to create tools in order to keep playing multiplayer games after the official servers shutdown. EA has no choice but to keep their servers running indefinitely.

Well you know, except for that giant loophole that was provided where if there was any copyrightable content kept on a server and then fed to the client (which could easily be stretched to mean music, art assets) - there's no exemption provided.

The EFF and other organizations are actively working to add defunct MMOs in that list.

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 4, 2016, 14:38 Kxmode

wasteoid wrote on May 4, 2016, 12:37:
First, free trial. Then, free to play (pay to win). Then, servers are shutdown.

Recent changes to the DMCA by the LOC gives people the legal ability to create tools in order to keep playing multiplayer games after the official servers shutdown. EA has no choice but to keep their servers running indefinitely.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free Trial May 4, 2016, 14:34 Kxmode

There's no such thing as free trial. This is basically EA's attempt to get people into their multiplayer F2P so they can use the cash sucker shop.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2016, 19:40 Kxmode

This comment was edited on May 3, 2016, 19:47.

News Comments > Battleborn Begins
15. Re: Battleborn Begins May 3, 2016, 13:46 Kxmode

Benedict Caldarius is a really great actor.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 23:53 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 21:59:
He still didn't like TFA but at least he understood why it happened.

It was pure marketing bunk, what more is there to understand? They lifted the old movie to appeal to old audiences, introduced puerile, vapid new characters to appeal to new audiences, and did it all with endless teases and winks instead of actually progressing the lore. The icing on the cake was the most phoned-in scoring the great John Williams has ever done.

I'm not going to get into this on a Friday evening. Thumbsup

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 21:31 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 16:01:
descender wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 13:39:
So you're $60 in on another space game already? What is the space-sim equivalent of methadone, we need to get a hold of some for you.

Ask Creston. We tried having an intervention once.... he tried to nuke us from orbit.

As for Everything Wrong with Star Wars.... they nailed it and that's why I hate the movie so much (Except BB-8 which is the cutest droid in the universe... now).

I think it's amazing to have two Star Wars fans, yet one hates TFA and the other loves it. I personally think it's the 2nd best Star Wars film, right behind Empire. I'm never going to forgot how I felt when I saw Han die and he fell off that bridge. And while I understand the story is a remix of the original trilogy I understand and accept why they did it. I was even able to convince a coworker to why it worked. He still didn't like TFA but at least he understood why it happened.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 29, 2016, 21:15 Kxmode

Really digging this track. Nice laid-back Friday treat by a pair of really gifted musicians.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2016, 18:13 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 15:47:
@KXMode

That's ancient history. More recent events suggest a sociopathic control freak.

How would that be relevant to bringing vanilla servers back?

11386 Comments. 570 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo