Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 14778 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives "PROCOMPETITIVE"
50. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 20:23 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 19:40:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 13:30:
EA sells games THEY publish on Origin, THEIR platform. That is not the same as third party publisher exclusives.

On the other hand, in a year these Epic exclusives will be on Steam and other platforms. EA games won't.

But jdreyer, I wrote that.

Comment #24: "A publisher with a storefront can do whatever they want, and they do. EA only sells their games on Origin, Blizzard only sells their games on Battle.net, Valve only sells their games on Steam to name a few examples, and Epic only hosts their game on EGS."

I've been crystal clear from the beginning on the fundamental difference between first-party and third-party publishers.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans
57. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 19:11 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 18:54:
After some thought I think it's a missed opportunity that they didn't quarantine the cheaters on their own server instead of banning them. The comments would still be delicious, and the videos hilarious.

Something like an "Escape from New York" or "Running Man" for cheaters. That would be awesome! Even better, let regular players enter spectator mode to see the hilarity ensue. lol!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

55. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 18:48 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 17:43:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 17:05:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 16:26:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 11:25:
Timmeh wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 11:22:
There are actually a lot more legit players that get false flagged than you think.
Please provide multiple videos, sources and statistics proving players that don't cheat are getting banned in Anthem.

Is cheating a thing in Anthem? What would the point be?
awe fudgenugget, I meant Apex, no wonder he didn't reply

Ah, I thought there was some Deep Snark that I was missing!

I read "Deep Snark" as "Derek Smart"

40. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 18:42 Kxmode

ventry wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 18:32:
Y'all pissed about Epic exclusives?
What about console exclusives?
*COUGH* RDR.

This again? PC isn't console. Console exclusives have existed since 1972 with Magnavox Odyssey Series, Atari Home Pong, and Coleco Telstar Series to name a few. Console exclusivity became even more apparent in the '80s with Atari and N.E.S. It's an established fact that consoles have exclusives and people expect it when they buy an Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo device.

Conversely, PC Gaming has never had exclusives beyond Windows versus Apple. The only reason that happened is Apple gave up on PC gaming a long time ago, even though Macintosh had superior graphics. Apple only saw their machines as desktop publishing devices. Microsoft originally developed MS-DOS for business applications, but continued to support PC gaming and even more so when Windows 95 launched.

The only exclusives that exist today are top-tier publisher titles on the publisher's store. That's been around since '00s. Third-party store exclusives is a NEW thing that Epic has done and is trying to make a thing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2019, 18:31 Kxmode

Your zen moment with An American Tail: Never Say Never featuring Christopher Plummer singing in a French accent.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2019, 18:50.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2019, 18:29 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 14:39:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 13:36:
That's a lot of hops!

Texas must use the system they use in Russia. I bought a watch bezel recently from Russia. Here's what happened to my package before it finally officially entered the USPS system:

TIL Texas is Russia

36. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 17:30 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 17:27:
Yeah, I know what you mean. But it's a pretty long thread of tweets - all fit on one page. However, try this link if it makes it more readable for you

Better.

32. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 17:10 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 17:05:
I have written extensive threads about this fiasco. My latest was today. Enjoy!

Wait a second. We didn't do the chant!

DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

Okay, we're good now.

49. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 17:09 Kxmode

Avus wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 16:41:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 16:32:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 16:21:
Saboth wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 10:37:
"changed HWID, vol id, and Mac address, and after formatting their PC, performing a factory reset, changing their dynamic IP, partitioning their hard drives, and even installing an older GPU" - now THAT'S a devoted cheater. "I even changed my name, moved to a new house, bought a new $5,000 gaming rig and switched to Buddhism and I was still banned".

"What does it take for me to be able to cheat at a game and again feel that false sense of superiority that comes from not being able to play video games well, and resorting to cheating?"

That was my thought: Jesus fuck that's a lot of effort just to be able to cheat.

They do that because initially cheating is the path of least resistance. The above is a "how dare they do that to me! I'll show them" response. It's a cheater's ego being bruised.

It is more like they did all those to keep cheating because they paid stupid $$ for that cheat app...

https://youtu.be/VCd4Vrf67Io?t=375

see how much these losers will spend on cheat app on a free-2-play game that basically earn you nothing...

Possibly. There's a bit of ego bruising in there somewhere. Never underestimate the craziness of spiteful epeening.

30. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 16:52 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 16:42:
-Signing exclusive deals and locking games on a particular platform on the other hand is prodeveloper and anticompetitive as it doesn't promote any competition between platforms nor does it entice platforms to innovate on features.

Worse, exclusivity for PC games is the astroturf of building brand loyalty. At the end of the day, most won't stay on Epic's store to buy games beyond being forced to use it to play Metro Exodus or Phoenix Point. Epic isn't doing themselves any favors.

44. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 16:32 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 16:21:
Saboth wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 10:37:
"changed HWID, vol id, and Mac address, and after formatting their PC, performing a factory reset, changing their dynamic IP, partitioning their hard drives, and even installing an older GPU" - now THAT'S a devoted cheater. "I even changed my name, moved to a new house, bought a new $5,000 gaming rig and switched to Buddhism and I was still banned".

"What does it take for me to be able to cheat at a game and again feel that false sense of superiority that comes from not being able to play video games well, and resorting to cheating?"

That was my thought: Jesus fuck that's a lot of effort just to be able to cheat.

They do that because initially cheating is the path of least resistance. The above is a "how dare they do that to me! I'll show them" response. It's a cheater's ego being bruised.

38. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 15:53 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 15:46:
Having read through part of that linked reddit below somewhere, the cheater tears are delicious. "Maybe it's time to quit the game."

Yes, maybe it is, fucknozzle.

I especially love the cheaters who paid $150 for "undetectable" cheating software, they get banned in a day and then go and lose their shit at the cheat writers. Hahahaha. If only we could harness all cheater tears, we'd stop global warming in a day.

My favorite is "i'm bored of trying." The Cheater's Motto if ever there was one.

24. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 15:47 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 13:59:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 13:32:
HoSpanky wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 13:10:
Exclusives have been around forever, and you all act like the Epic store somehow is doing something new.
It certainly has nothing to do with Sweeney critizing closed plattforms, walled gardens and forced exclusives over the years. He crapped all over the Apple Store. Microsofts UWP, VR manufacturers and their software exclusives ... but now, when he does it, it's all good and rainbows and unicorns.

Alright, THIS is a valid complaint! I do remember him talking shit about other platforms, although I will not pretend to remember exactly WHAT he complained about. Itís amazing how people change their tune when money is involved.

KXMode...so if Epic had purchased one of these game studios, itíd be fine? Itís paid exclusivity either way, but youíre only ok with it if it means the dev studio loses creative control. Somehow, you think thatís BETTER?

A publisher with a storefront can do whatever they want, and they do. EA only sells their games on Origin, Blizzard only sells their games on Battle.net, Valve only sells their games on Steam to name a few examples, and Epic only hosts their game on EGS. Ubisoft is the rare exception to this. They have a storefront. It's not the greatest, but they also sell their games on Steam (and recently a co-exclusive with Division 2 on EGS). The Division 2 co-exclusive isn't bad since it can be purchased from UPlay.

Third-party publishers don't have a platform to distribute their products like the publishers above. That gives them the flexibility to sell their product on most of the major PC platforms, and most do. Most don't do a 180 on crowdfunding backers or 3 weeks before launch go exclusive to a single platform.

As far as the UWP thing goes, I believe that while Tim was bashing it, he was also secretly thinking it is a great idea and something he would like to do with their store one day. If true, that would make him a hypocrite.

34. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 15:04 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 14:30:
Spektr wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 14:25:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 14:21:
What part of HARDWARE ban do they not understand? They CANNOT change the hardware IDs at the software level. The only solution is to buy a new computer.

I would think buying a network card with a new MAC address would be enough
No need to be that drastic because it only takes maybe five minutes to circumvent. here's proof

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 11:33:
Off the top of my head, I think it would take me... five minutes, maybe, to change my hardware IDs so your ban would become irrelevant again.

The hardware ID is not something that can be changed at the software level because Windows itself basically has built-in hardware banning.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community

I understand you want to change the Hardware ID (HWID) and want to know if you can restore it back to the original ID.

A unique HWID number is generated when the operating system is first installed on the computer as a part of Product Activation. It identifies the hardware components that the system is using, and this number is communicated to Microsoft.

At every restart the operating system will generate another HWID number and compare it to the original to make sure that the operating system is still running on the same device. The reason behind HWID is to ensure that the operating system is not being used on any device other than the one for which it was purchased and registered.

Problems can arise when users start replacing or adding hardware components -- such as motherboards, sound cards, CD-R drives, Ethernet adapters -- because these will generate new HWIDs, and if there are too many differences from the original installation number the system will register that the operating system has been installed on a different device than the original and subsequently shut itself down.

So we suggest you not to change the HWID of your computer.

In other words, if a cheater messes around with the hardware ID Windows could ban them from using their computer.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2019, 15:27.

31. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 14:52 Kxmode

The Cheater's Motto: "i'm bored of trying"  

26. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 14:21 Kxmode

The report offers an example from Reddit of a cheater who posted that their ban persisted even after they changed HWID, vol id, and Mac address, and after formatting their PC, performing a factory reset, changing their dynamic IP, partitioning their hard drives, and even installing an older GPU.

What part of HARDWARE ban do they not understand? They CANNOT change the hardware IDs at the software level. The only solution is to buy a new computer.

25. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 14:18 Kxmode

Good. All bans should be at the hardware level. It's the only way to be sure.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2019, 13:36 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 13:27:
Argh! Originally scheduled for Friday, now Tuesday. whee
In Transit 03/18/2019 3:49 A.M. New Orleans, LA
Departure Scan
03/15/2019 9:41 A.M. MY TOWN, TX, Destination Scan
03/15/2019 5:32 A.M. MY TOWN, TX, Arrival Scan
03/15/2019 2:25 A.M. Odessa, TX, Departure Scan
03/15/2019 1:43 A.M. Odessa, TX, Arrival Scan
03/15/2019 1:27 A.M. Midland, TX, Departure Scan
03/15/2019 12:47 A.M. Midland, TX, Arrival Scan
03/14/2019 8:11 P.M. Fort Worth, TX, Departure Scan
03/14/2019 3:38 P.M. Fort Worth, TX, Arrival Scan
03/14/2019 3:01 P.M. Dallas, TX, Departure Scan
03/14/2019 6:36 A.M. Dallas, TX, Arrival Scan
03/14/2019 3:27 A.M. Oklahoma City, OK Departure Scan
03/13/2019 6:45 A.M. Oklahoma City, OK,Arrival Scan
03/13/2019 12:18 A.M. Kansas City, KS, Departure Scan
03/12/2019 5:17 P.M. Kansas City, KS, Arrival Scan
03/12/2019 9:53 A.M. Eagan, MN Departure Scan

Shipped 03/11/2019 10:09 P.M. Eagan, MN
Origin Scan
Label Created 03/11/2019 4:43 P.M. United States
Order Processed:
Ready for UPS

That's a lot of hops!

16. Re: Epic's Sweeney Calls Exclusives Mar 18, 2019, 13:30 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 13:10:
Exclusives have been around forever, and you all act like the Epic store somehow is doing something new. Is Anthem available anywhere other than Origin? Nope. Itís an exclusive. The only difference is the company making the game was purchased outright, and is unarguably worse off for it. At least the Epic exclusives get to keep creative control of their games, and the exclusivity isnít even permanent.

Does it mean that Iím a convert? Not really. Yes, Iíll be purchasing one game from the Epic store, but in general Iíd prefer to keep my games in one place. Thatís no longer an option, and itís certainly not the end of the world.

EA sells games THEY publish on Origin, THEIR platform. That is not the same as third party publisher exclusives.

11. Chuck Norris a Day Calendar Mar 18, 2019, 13:24 Kxmode

"Chuck Norris doesn't fold paper airplanes; he folds airplanes into paper."  

14778 Comments. 739 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo