Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13400 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2018, 16:48 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 09:06:
Although he lacks a normal level of empathy for others, I doubt he is an actual sociopath. You did however forgot to mention that he is:

nihilistic --
1) of or believing in nihilism, or the total rejection of established laws and institutions

pathological liar --
1) a person who tells lies frequently, with no rational motive for doing so.

racist --
1) a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

I do not know about those things. I only know what I see and hear. He strikes me as an arrogant, narcississtic, sociopath. Ever seen Sherlock with Bumpersticker Copperplate? Yeah, it is like that personality; minus the solving of crimes and mysteries. Even in the show, Sherlock says he is a "high-functioning sociopath."

Beamer wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 07:00:
Welcome to the political party, pal.

Non-Political observations are non-political. In other words, you can make observations about THE man, wholly divorced from anything political. As a man, Donald Trump appears to be low-class individual irrespective of his wealth.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Non-Political Observations Feb 20, 2018, 22:58 Kxmode

Arrogant - Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's importance or abilities.

Narcissistic - Having an excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.

Sociopath - A person with a personality disorder that manifests itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a weak or lack of conscience. A sociopath lacks empathy, or the ability to stand in someone else’s shoes and understand how they feel.

Donald Trump is an arrogant, narcissistic, sociopath. He lacks empathy for anyone but himself as is shown continuously. I want to say the man is a psychopath (his weapon of choice are words, and he wields them with no regrets or remorse), but I don't know if he lacks a functioning conscience. What I do know is that the way in which he talks and expresses himself, including his hour's long tirades on social media, are the symptoms of a man suffering from full-blown sociopathic behavior. Perhaps "suffering" is the wrong word. It would appear he relishes in his power and authority. All I know is he is the most powerful man on the planet. History is rife with people with mental illnesses who have received positions of power. In virtually every situation it never turned out well.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week
14. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One Next Week Feb 20, 2018, 15:17 Kxmode

Elite Dangerous: Beyond
Chapter One
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Feb 20, 2018, 12:50 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 22:46:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 20:27:
The media turned Get Out and Black Panther's successes into some sort of racial victory. Frankly, the majority watching these films literally didn't care about race. All they want is a good story, good character development, and good special effects (when appropriate). That's it. Everything else is nonsense.

13%, at least, really, really fucking cared about something else.

Also, it's hard to tell if the movie will have those things, and Black Panther's special effects were terrible. People didn't make it the biggest February movie of all time because they felt it would have a good story and good character development. Do you think people expected it to be a better story and better character development than Guardians of the Galaxy 2? Than Captain America: Civil War? Because it blew their opening weekends out of the water.

Dr. Strange was another new, weird Marvel property that recently opened. Black Panther has already made more, in 5 days, than it did in its entire run.

What do you think caused that?

The movie had excellent marketing behind it that pulled in the initial crowds, then word of mouth pulled in more. Also, it's a Marvel film in February. What else is there to watch in February? Exactly. Nothing.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support
8. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support Feb 19, 2018, 20:30 Kxmode

ItBurn wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 18:24:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 18:21:
The debris looks like a dragon.

It's the game's version of the L4D tank. All the enemy types

That doesn't look like an outbreak. I thought the Rainbow Six series prided itself on realism. How about a REAL breakout with soldiers versus civilians?

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2018, 20:27 Kxmode

The media turned Get Out and Black Panther's successes into some sort of racial victory. Frankly, the majority watching these films literally didn't care about race. All they want is a good story, good character development, and good special effects (when appropriate). That's it. Everything else is nonsense.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support
6. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Event Next Month; Ubisoft Plans a Decade of Support Feb 19, 2018, 18:21 Kxmode

The debris looks like a dragon.  

3. Re: etc. Feb 19, 2018, 15:28 Kxmode

Mac wrote on Feb 19, 2018, 14:32:
this is how to run a game in 2018 ... regular updates, not forcing everyone to buy the maps and giving you alternative ways of getting the content if you do not want to buy them ... nice one!

Worked for Guild Wars 1 and 2

News Comments > Remastered System Shock on Hiatus
54. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 19, 2018, 14:44 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Feb 18, 2018, 03:27:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 18, 2018, 00:54:
Prez wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 07:00:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 05:17:
Prez wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 00:42:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 21:34:
Unity is the McDonald's of game engines. And just like McDonalds, the products produced in that engine are mostly garbage. It also gives unfocused dingalings the ability to quickly produce a dazzling demo and then beg for money. Kind of like the fancy signs homeless people create asking for money.

Clearly you have not seen the pre-alpha build they gave to Jim Sterling to run through some time back. It looked fucking fantastic and was more than just a slapped -together demo. Unity is a fine engine for developers with actual talent and skill. It's not Unit's fault that so many talentless hacks pretending to be ddevelopers use it to throw no effort garbage on Steam to make a quick buck.

That's the point. They are talent-less hacks pretending to be developers. Otherwise they wouldn't have, in their own words, lost their "focus. The vision began to change. We moved from a Remaster to a completely new game."

I think you're mistaking a lack of discipline, maturity, and business sense with a lack of talent.

They are one and the same. All the talent in the world is meaningless if the person doesn't know how to make a profitable business out of their talent. That's besides the fact that people gave them money for a promise that they broke. That's the purest example of no talent.

You're making generalizations. A game studio is comprised of many developers, the vast majority of which have nothing to do with marketing, PR or business decisions. Gameplay programmers, engine programmers, gameplay designers, level designers, riggers, concept artists, environmental artists, character artists, VFX artists, animators, sound designers, etc. It's not their job to manage the budget or scope of the project.

You're correct. Except in this case, the studio is small indie label. The CEO issuing the apologies is likely one of the main developers and also has insight into the budget.

News Comments > Steam Drops Developer Over Self-Reviews
15. Re: Steam Drops Developer Over Self-Reviews Feb 18, 2018, 01:01 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 18:12:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 13:14:
Cheaters never prosper, and yet people appear to forget this.
Ha! If only this were true. Check out the financial industry, there whoever cheats most gets the most money.

Apples and oranges. The financial industry is full of cheaters, so applying that saying there is irrelevant to begin with.

47. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 18, 2018, 00:54 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 07:00:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 05:17:
Unity is the McDonald's of game engines. And just like McDonalds, the products produced in that engine are mostly garbage. It also gives unfocused dingalings the ability to quickly produce a dazzling demo and then beg for money. Kind of like the fancy signs homeless people create asking for money.

Clearly you have not seen the pre-alpha build they gave to Jim Sterling to run through some time back. It looked fucking fantastic and was more than just a slapped -together demo. Unity is a fine engine for developers with actual talent and skill. It's not Unit's fault that so many talentless hacks pretending to be ddevelopers use it to throw no effort garbage on Steam to make a quick buck.

That's the point. They are talent-less hacks pretending to be developers. Otherwise they wouldn't have, in their own words, lost their "focus. The vision began to change. We moved from a Remaster to a completely new game."

I think you're mistaking a lack of discipline, maturity, and business sense with a lack of talent.

They are one and the same. All the talent in the world is meaningless if the person doesn't know how to make a profitable business out of their talent. That's besides the fact that people gave them money for a promise that they broke. That's the purest example of no talent.

News Comments > GTA Online Tax Refunds and Rebates
3. Re: GTA Online Tax Refunds and Rebates Feb 18, 2018, 00:51 Kxmode

Since when do criminals pay taxes?  

29. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 05:17 Kxmode

20. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 17, 2018, 00:29 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 23:00:

Unity is a good engine. However, like with any engine, you still need to use good coding practices and know how to optimize. A lot of amateur developers use Unity because it's cheap and accessible but their output is in no way representative of the engine's capabilities.

In any case, this is clearly an example of Nightdive not scoping properly. This is their first original game so it makes sense that they'd underestimate how much time and money were required. Even if they had stuck to the original vision of the game, they very likely would still be in the same situation today.

Qbex . wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 20:36:
All we wanted is a update akin to Homeworld but no, gotta reinvent the wheel and shoot for the stars on shoestring budget Angry

Not quite. Homeworld was just a slightly updated version of the original. System Shock was always going to be a full remake because they couldn't just update the old assets. They had to create everything from scratch. As such, calling it a remaster was a poor decision. It severely undersold the amount of work involved.

What I mean is Unity makes it real easy to make a prototype and create a Kickstarter page. Declaring the game engine should be a standard requirement on any EA, Fig, Kickstarter, and other crowdfunded page. It's a warning to a potential backers.

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Begins
2. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Begins Feb 16, 2018, 23:52 Kxmode

PacoTaco wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 22:33:
Like any good drug dealer that spent a couple hundred million on a league nobody wants here try our drug please watch our game.

Actually, I think it is more like, "Hey kids! Come play. The first hit's free."

News Comments > Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale
15. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 16, 2018, 23:41 Kxmode

Whoever is the lead dev on the Wishlist project is risking a lot by using CSS Grid! The recommendation for CSS Grid is in Draft mode with the latest published on February 6, 2018. The NUMBER ONE rule of web development is never use anything in draft status with the W3C! That's like developing a game with an early alpha game engine. CSS Grid is also competing against another serious W3C candidate called FlexBox. The support for FlexBox is slightly greater. The latest version of Twitter's Bootstrap responsive framework uses Flexbox as an alternate layout solution, not the primary. If W3C decides to go with FlexBox, browser developers will shift support away from CSS Grid.  

News Comments > Fe Released
5. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 21:41 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 18:06:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 17:25:
Iron is also Fe (from Latin: ferrum) with the atomic number 26.

"Yes, the riddle of steel. You know what it is, don't you, boy?"

"Are we talking about Chinese steel, American steel, or CROM STEEL?!"

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 2018, 23:57.

13. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 21:36 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 21:06:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 19:52:
This must be a first.
I can't think of one other KickStarted game where too much money has hampered its development.

*cough*Star Citizen*cough*

It was a rhetorical joke.

12. Re: Remastered System Shock on Hiatus Feb 16, 2018, 21:34 Kxmode

News Comments > Fe Released
1. Re: Fe Released Feb 16, 2018, 17:25 Kxmode

Iron is also Fe (from Latin: ferrum) with the atomic number 26.  

13400 Comments. 670 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo