Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 13176 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 12, 2017, 05:14 Kxmode

I stay clear of politics, but in this particular case, I thought it would be good to send a letter.

----

Hi.

You might have received thousands of similar message. With this one, I wanted to offer my take on the situation. I play and work on the Internet. It provides a source of relaxation, play, and is my sole source of income.

I am a professional web developer and programmer. The company I work for is a large e-commerce company specializing in home lighting and decor DIY products. My job entirely depends on an open and free Internet so that not only can I use it as I please but others who visit my company's sites can buy as they wish without any interference.

That's why the FCC's Open Internet Rules (net neutrality rules) are fundamental to me. I urge you to protect them.

I don't want ISPs to have the power to block websites, slow them down, give some sites an advantage over others, or split the Internet into "fast lanes" for companies that pay and "slow lanes" for the rest.

Now is not the time to let large ISPs censor what we see and do online.

Censorship by ISPs is a severe problem. Comcast has throttled Netflix, AT&T blocked FaceTime, Time Warner Cable choked a favorite game League of Legends, and Verizon admitted it would introduce fast lanes for sites that pay and slow lanes for everyone else if the FCC lifts the rules. This predatory intention hurts consumers and businesses large and small. And if these ISPs decide to get into e-commerce they can bully Amazon, Google, and even my company. What they seek to do is wrong and highly unethical on so many levels.

Courts have made clear that if the FCC ends Title II classification, the FCC must let ISPs offer "fast lanes" to websites for a fee.

Chairman Pai has made clear that he intends to do precisely this.

But if some companies can pay our ISPs to have their content load faster, startups and small businesses that can't pay those fees won't be able to compete. The company I work for employees under 100 and we're growing, but if ISPs can create "fast lanes," this can damage our growth and ultimately lead to unemployment. A decision not to act for the greater good would kill the open marketplace - that has enabled millions of small businesses and created the five most valuable companies in America - just to further enrich the few less-valuable cable giants famous for sky-high prices and abysmal customer service.

Internet providers will be able to impose a private tax on every sector of the American economy.

Moreover, under Chairman Pai's plan, ISPs will be able to charge fees for website delivery that would make it harder for blogs, nonprofits, artists, and others who can't pay up to have their voices heard.

I'm sending this to the FCC's open proceeding, but I worry that Chairman Pai, a former Verizon lawyer, has made his plans and will ignore millions of Americans including me.

So I'm also sending this to my members of Congress. Please publicly support the FCC's existing net neutrality rules based on Title II, and denounce Chairman Pai's plans. Do whatever you can to dissuade him. Further, place iron-clad and unbreakable regulations in place so that we don't have to keep coming back to battle this ever 2-4 years. The Internet is a resource, and it must be free to flourish FOR ALL.

Thank you!

----

That said. Whatever happens, happens.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Dec 12, 2017, 03:04 Kxmode

Sims 4 is fun. But like American Truck Simulator you have to be in the mood for it.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

News Comments > Conan Exiles in May
8. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 03:01 Kxmode

"Too much schlong and boobies in the hands of immature adults." (Funcom, I give you permission to use that tagline)  

News Comments > Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Season 3 Cast Revealed
3. Those asian video game titles tho... Dec 12, 2017, 02:53 Kxmode

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Season 3: EX 2-1B plus ALPHA!

BTW I watched Street Fighter 1994 over the weekend. It's better than I remembered but still cheesy as hell. That speech Van Damme gives is hilarious. In 1994 he could barely speak English, and he was supposed to whip up his troops into a frenzy to take out Bison. Also, I didn't realize this, but signer Kylie Minogue plays Cammy. According to IMDB, that was her first and last movie role.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2017, 03:06.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway
18. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 12, 2017, 02:47 Kxmode

ItBurn wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 00:32:
It's probably the best pirate game there ever was. For most people anyway. It's not mine, because I was able to get into the Akella games, which is a pretty difficult feat.

All the pirate games released since 2014/2015 have basically been Black Flag clones. That tells you how great BF is.

17. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 12, 2017, 02:44 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 22:46:
Bumpy wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 22:35:
I certainly hope this is better than III.

All of them are better then 3.

But here is the play order. Play Black Flag, then Rogue, and Rogue's ending is Unity's beginning.

The chronological order for the AC games after Revelations and before Syndicate is all over the place. I'm not sure if UbiSoft intended this or they had no idea where to take the series. If you like playing the timeline in order, it would be Black Flag, Rogue, AC3, and Unity.

Only play Rogue if you'd like to see the bridge between Black Flag and AC3. It does a good job providing more backstory for Haytham Kenway's side of the story (it's trippy to hunt those you called a friend in Black Flag). It also explains why the Assassin Order is decimated in AC3. You'll also see the segue from Rogue to Unity at the end. However, be warned, Rogue is a bad game. If you go from Black Flag to it, like I did, the drop in quality was quite shocking.

I only stuck with Rogue because I was enamored with the Kenway saga storyline and wanted to see where it went. That is its only redeeming quality.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2017, 03:08.

16. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 12, 2017, 02:33 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 22:06:
Nice try Ubishit, I'm not going to install your DRM bloatware Uplay on my machine. I win.

Well with that attitude you might as well throw away your phone, kill your Internet, only buy stuff with cash, and cover yourself in black when you go out. Oh, and don't forget the tinfoil hat and baby monitor.

15. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Giveaway Underway Dec 12, 2017, 02:31 Kxmode

Don't you just love the irony?! You don't have to pirate the game!  

News Comments > World War Z Game Announced
27. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 11, 2017, 13:13 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 21:30:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:20:
Please don't call it World War Z 2. It's drifting into Japanese video game titles.

Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy?

Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy EX plus ALPHA Extreme!

News Comments > GTFO Trailer
10. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 9, 2017, 18:23 Kxmode

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 21:09:
Gameplay Trailer For Otters!

We have a winner!

21. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 8, 2017, 20:43 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:49:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:44:
That's a zombie.
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore.

That wasn't a moon hitting your eye, but an axe.

News Comments > GTFO Trailer
2. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 8, 2017, 17:33 Kxmode

GT FallOut
Gator Tater Force Omega
Gonna Transform Freedom Online
GRIN. TRANSFORM. FANTASTICS. OPTIMISTICS.
Green Transformation Fighter Oliveridley!

Who is to know?! Smash

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Microtransactions May Not Return
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Microtransactions May Not Return Dec 8, 2017, 15:05 Kxmode

Drifting too much into the mob mentality of "I hate EA because it is the popular thing," is narrow thinking. Why? There are three companies involved and all have something to fear.

As the developer, DICE is working on an IP neither they nor their parent company own. Put yourselves in DICE's shoe. The last they want is for EA to close their studio because EA does that. You know those devs are working extra hard to make the game better without the aggressive MTX.

As the publisher, EA is working extra hard to make Disney happy so that they do not yank the franchise away from them.

As the IP's owner, Disney is working hard to ensure that the word gambling being associated with Star Wars does not impact ticket sales.

In other words, take a step back and look at the bigger, business picture, and then fit that view point within the scope of being a gamer.

18. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:55 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:11:
So they're releasing a game based on a shitty movie that was released five years ago? Guaranteed success! Can't see how this won't sell 20 million copies.

I liked WWZ. Thought the ending was good and the clues they left along the way was very smart.

17. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:44 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:28:
Four player? World war Zzzz.

World War Z is a name synonymous with heart-pounding fear and action

Hahahahaha. Oh wait, you weren't joking. There was a part in that movie that showed fear? Oh, I guess the part at the airport in the night was somewhat tense. And maybe when the zombies suddenly became amazing acrobats and created a human ladder 200 feet high to scale the wall in... Jerusalem?

Other than that it was a god-awful snoozefest. I watched it on a trans-atlantic flight, and even then I still thought it was 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back.

Well, I thought the movie was scary and action-packed. The Jerusalem sequence was completely nail-biting.

I think the game looks good. Like The Division with zombies.

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Microtransactions May Not Return Dec 8, 2017, 12:02 Kxmode

Redmask wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 07:44:
How about no fucking progression system? Why do I need one at all? We played games for 20 fucking years without these things, they do not add anything to the gameplay or enjoyment of the product. It's just a virtual hamster wheel and gamers are so fucking owned by the industry that they're convinced they're a good thing.

With indifference to your "colorful metaphors," the reason why is simple. Progression creates goals, and an RPG-styled progression system of unlocking skills is great fun! I wrote, "Reduce the XP/points needed to unlock core skills." So by making SWBF2's multiplayer a hybrid of MOBA (like Overwatch and TF2) and RPG (WOW and GW2 skill-tree styled progression), this gives players a real sense of accomplishment without making the process a daunting chore. This plan also provides players with a way to skill up numerous alts without spending an absurd amount of time on each. When they have a vested interest in their characters and the game, this ultimately leads to residual purchases. And that's what EA needs most for SWBF2 to be successful.

Edit: "core skills core" lol

This comment was edited on Dec 8, 2017, 12:22.

4. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 11:20 Kxmode

Please don't call it World War Z 2. It's drifting into Japanese video game titles.  

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Microtransactions May Not Return Dec 7, 2017, 21:18 Kxmode

It's not hard.

1. Restrict the loot crate system to vanity and cosmetic stuff ONLY. In other words, pink Darth Vader costume, emo Luke Skywalker skin, and so forth. Nothing pay-2-win. (No radical changes to MTX system)
2. Make all pay-2-win stuff part of core progression. (No radical changes to core system)
3. Reduce the XP/points needed to unlock core skills core. The progression should be set to reasonable levels. (No radical changes to core system)
4. Set the price of new DLC maps to $12.99. This is higher than the cheap $9.99 pricing point but lower than the $15.99 "subscription" pricing point. It's a perception thing. (Financial decision for future content)
5. Continue to offer vanity and cosmetic stuff alongside paid DLCs. (Decision for future content)

What EA doesn't make from P2W MTX, they will from a steady stream of residuals (e.g. new purchases, DLC purchases, vanity mtx), and more important they won't suffer the ire of Disney or gamers.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2017, 21:52.

News Comments > Ubisoft Delays Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and a Third Game
2. Re: Ubisoft Delays Far Cry 5, The Crew 2, and a Third Game Dec 7, 2017, 21:12 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 20:46:
They haven't finished cutting out all the content for planned DLC and finished implementing loot box style monetization.

^This

I guess this is a great side effect of LootCrateGate!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2017, 21:10 Kxmode

This is the funniest scam email I've received!

($900, 000. 00) NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS HAS BEEN ISSUED OUT TO ALL THE AFFECTED VICTIMS AND HAS BEEN ALREADY IN DISTRIBUTION TO ALL THE BEARERS. YOUR NAME WAS AMONG THOSE SCAMMED AS LISTED BY THE WEST AFRICA FINANCIAL INTELLIGENT UNIT (WAFIU) A RE-COMPENSATION HAS BEEN ISSUED OUT IN ATM VISA CARD FOR YOU, KINDLY REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR SECURITY REASON:

LOL!

13176 Comments. 659 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo