Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews (Latest version hides all blocked user quotes)
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12641 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 17:36 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 11:12:
Good!

Fire those idiots who are directing Han Solo and hire the guys who did Rogue One.

Here's my preferred list:
- George Nolfi
- brothers Peter and Michael Spierig
- Frank Darabont
- Sam Mendes

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Thursday
28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 21, 2017, 14:20 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 13:53:
Kinguin ftw.

Btw is it too crazy to think PayPal has the greenlight from Steam to announce this? Good to fair chance it's some kind of business deal between PP and Steam. Only real argument against that I can think of is that Steam don't need no deals wid dem partners.

Kinguin is okay, but there are constantly better deals on CDKeys, GreenManGaming, and a handful others. Nevermind the fact that Kinguin has a $3 "buyer protection" tax. CDkeys doesn't charge that. The price you see is the price you pay.

27. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jun 21, 2017, 14:16 Kxmode

Jerykk wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 12:28:
Shineyguy wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 09:12:
That's great, but most of the time unless the developer/publisher is putting up the game on that site, neither is seeing any of your money.

Basically, it's as good as pirating at that point.

That's a pretty strange mindset. The keys aren't "fake." They were generated and sold by the developer/publisher and then resold to cdkeys.com. If the keys were stolen or otherwise fraudulent, they either wouldn't activate or they'd get revoked. Neither has occurred with any keys I've purchased. So yes, the developer/publisher has already been compensated for the keys and they are perfectly legit.

This. Methinks Shineyguy would benefit from learning something about the digital key business before blathering in ignorance.

23. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 21, 2017, 11:27 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 00:41:
Unfortunately, Prey, Resident Evil 7, etc. are all too new to really get discounted.

Prey + DLC (Steam, all regions) - $33.79 [CDKeys.com]
Resident Evil 7 (Steam, all regions) - $46.99 [GreenManGaming.com]

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Being DDoSed
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Being DDoSed Jun 21, 2017, 11:16 Kxmode

D_K_night wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 10:47:
why would people want to DDOS final fantasy? sheesh

Gamer rage

6. Re: Steam Summer Sale Thursday Jun 20, 2017, 23:21 Kxmode

"Well, obviously we have a sale on Steam! All these deals are climbing into your wallet and snatching your money. So you all better hide your kids, hide your wives, and hide your bank accounts cause Valve is financially raping every gamer out here!" — Antoine Dodson, Pro Gamer. Lincoln Park Steam customer.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2017, 12:54 Kxmode

Chronic Lyme sounds like a great name for a band, like Lynyrd Skynyrd.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Spaces make you richer Jun 16, 2017, 10:57 Kxmode

@eRe4s3r - I believe you said the same thing I said with different words. Many modern apps default to spaces for formatting. Coding conditioning is directly related to my point about the IDEs and editors used. Your point about age is irrelevant. Age has nothing to do with pay; only skill.  

News Comments > Steam Direct Begins
12. Re: Steam Direct Begins Jun 15, 2017, 22:06 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 22:39:
Yeah. Elementary school script kiddies and hobos can afford $100.
Anyone who is even the tiniest li'l bit SERIOUS about game development should VERY easily be able to afford AT LEAST $1000 as a business entry investment if they have SERIOUS intentions to participate on Steam in a PROFESSIONAL manner.

But we all know why Valve went for $100. Cuz they are greedy fucking cunts is why. They do not want to lock out anyone. They want all the moolah they can get, even when it's made from trash games.

The $100 is a deposit that is recouped after 1,000 games are sold. That doesn't exactly make Valve greedy. It simply makes them more cautious about who sells on their platform. As a frequent customer, I welcome the change. I got sick and tired and going through suggestions of low quality garbage games.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Spaces make you richer Jun 15, 2017, 22:00 Kxmode

I do not believe that has anything to do with a grasp of language and more to do with which IDEs and editors use space for default formatting. For instance, I use Sublime Text Editor for anything outside of VS2017. Space is the app’s default format type. People get used to formatting paradigms. If all they see is space, then they will become more accustomed to it, and less likely to switch to tabs when the option is available by default.

News Comments > Call Of Cthulhu Trailer
7. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 17:20 Kxmode

MacLeod wrote on Jun 15, 2017, 16:34:
that's odd... I actually love the mythos because it seems so far removed from demonic/angelic dynamic to me. It's all space-creatures to which we're insignificant type stuff.

Lovecraft became an atheist in his early life and as such his works reflect very atheistic viewpoints. In particular, Lovecraft subscribed to the philosophy of "cosmic indifference" and injected this belief in his works. The Cthulu Mythos uses cosmic indifference to propose alternative origins of humanity to contrast the creation stories found in existing religions. In "At the Mountain of Madness," Lovecraft suggested that humankind was created as a slave race of the Old Ones and that life on earth as we know it evolved from scientific experiments performed by the Elder Things. Further, most, if not all, of the protagonists in Lovecraft's works are usually depicted as educated men, citing scientific and rationality as evidence to support their non-faith.

The fact that Lovecraft's works are more famous and revered today than they were when published is a testament to the constant barrage of atheistic style beliefs of the origins of humanity within entertainment; and especially video games. I don't mind playing games that have hints of the subject matter, but when the entire game is about the Cthulu mythos than I tend to pass.

News Comments > Call Of Cthulhu Trailer
3. Re: Call Of Cthulhu Trailer Jun 15, 2017, 15:02 Kxmode

Cyanide and Spider remain two of Focus Entertainment's premium RPG developers. Big fan of both of their works. That said, not a fan of the Cthulhu mythos. A bit too demonic for my tastes. Not judging those who enjoys HP Lovecraft's work.

News Comments > Steep Expansion Plans
1. Re: Steep Expansion Plans Jun 14, 2017, 19:30 Kxmode

Bought Steep a few weeks ago. Have yet to fire it up, but from the videos I've seen, it looks like the best skiing/snowboarding sim on the market.

News Comments > Steam Direct Begins
6. Re: Steam Direct Begins Jun 14, 2017, 03:23 Kxmode

Good. Steam was getting inundated with garbage. Most of that garbage was so people had a cheap way to obtain market cards. I hope this move brings to end that market.

News Comments > Free Weekend for STEEP, Tom Clancy's The Division, and Trials Fusion
8. Re: Free Weekend for STEEP, Tom Clancy's The Division, and Trials Fusion Jun 13, 2017, 08:47 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 08:47:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 03:18:
They just had a free STEEP weekend. I played it a bit, but it didn't grab me.

Not even at a STEEP discount?

Your joke was snow good.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced
21. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Officially Announced Jun 13, 2017, 07:58 Kxmode

Numinar wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 06:48:
The top 3 you list, AC1/2/3 are the only ones I finished and would recommend though. I notice 3 is not on your list, but I loved that one.

Whoops. I did! Maybe I forgot it because it sits somewhere in the middle. Neither excellent nor bad. It's just... meh. I did enjoy the American history stuff. Learned a lot about famous landmarks. I was also really impressed with the environments, especially how walking in the snow left a visible trail.

Revised rank:
1. Black Flag
2. Syndicate
3. Brotherhood
4. Revelations
5. AC1
6. AC3
7. AC2
8. Rogue
9. Unity

Edit: Moved AC3 above AC2 simply because the controls in the PC version of AC2 made the game unplayable. However, overall it is higher than Unity because Youtube has plenty Let's Play to watch the entire game. For me, the story is most engaging.

Addendum: My rank is purely subjective and based how I view a video game.

#1 Story - How engaged was I with both the modern Abstergo and virtual history? How much they connect to the ongoing Assassins-Templars conflict. In other words, does the story move forward in a good way?
#2 Controls - If my Assassin leaps off the ledge of an eight-story building because reasons, then I blame the developer for creating a suicidal assassin.
#3 Gameplay - How much variety is there to do?
#4 Graphics - Obviously a game released in 2015 should look significantly better than one published in 2009. Case in point, Mass Effect 1 is hands downs better than MEA when it comes to facial animations.
#5 Adventure - Does the game creating an engaging hook and able to carry me through its unfolding narrative? If the adventure is not epic, is it still fun?
#6 Sound - This is everything but music. It is all the little details the help create atmosphere. The subtle drips falling off a grate into a small pool of water. The sound of the wind hitting a bush being different from the leaves of a tree. The background of people conversing helps make a bar seem bigger. The changing weather diminishing a crackling fire. I am keenly aware of these things, and when developers give their sound designers time to put this level of detail in that always gets a nod from me.
#7 Details - Everything else. Did the rain fall on the deck of a ship? When ramming into ice flows do bits of ice fall on the ship? Can the wind tear off a flag? When the light hits the sheen of my sword, does it create a bloom reflection on my character? Do people speak in their native dialect? (bummed that Ubi decided to have most of the French-speaking citizens in Unity talk in London accents)?
#8 Motive - There are the Acclaims and EAs of the world who appear the create games purely motivated by profits. Then there are the CD Projekt Reds who always focus on quality and reap their just rewards over time.
#9 Message - Being an apolitical non-mainstream Christian I do not like playing gamings that try and push social agendas on me.

Hopefully, that helps explain the rank.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2017, 08:41.

News Comments > The Crew 2 Announced
1. Re: The Crew 2 Announced Jun 13, 2017, 07:46 Kxmode

The Crew 2: Terry's Crew: Super Spicy Deroaderant Edition! Race  

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
10. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 13, 2017, 07:26 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 04:05:
Has Black Flag for along time, firing it up to see what all the hubbub is about.....

/I assume previous comments are sarcasm, but after about 30 mins of game play I was able to do the following:
-Captain a ship and destroy 5 ships
-Swim
-Kills animals
-Chase mission
-Clear an island
-Find secrets
-Get into what AC is normally about, running and climbing

Seems about right.....fun game. Might play through it.

My honest assessment is that it is the best game in the AC series. Ironically, the most fun isn't even the assassin stuff but all the pirate shenanigans. Yar! Pirate

News Comments > Skull & Bones Announced
9. Re: Skull & Bones Announced Jun 13, 2017, 07:24 Kxmode

Or you could play Assassin's Creed Black Flag and be amazed by everything. You also get to met famous figures like Blackbeard, Benjamin Hornigold, Mary Read, Anne Bonny, Calico Jack, and a host of other memorable characters!  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Week
12. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Week Jun 13, 2017, 07:20 Kxmode

Doing launch title demos must be tough on digital distribution platforms that give control to publishers.  

12641 Comments. 633 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo