Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min Price Filter for SteamDB
- Steam Wishlist Sale Items
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 16186 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2019, 01:38 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 17:06:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 16:22:
Dash wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 03:10:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 19:30:
"Fake Meat vs. Real Meat. Meat producers looking out for your health." They sure are!

... 'Onion News Network'. Eh. Weird how they're working towards lab-grown meat.

Pretty sure that's going to have a long term negative effect on the human body.

Like normal meat does?

There's 500 studies every year (since 1974) showing how meat damages the human body. You of course never hear about them unless you happen to read a range of medical journals (and who the hell does that? lol). But the news certainly doesn't report on it, because it would hurt their sponsors, and also the audience isn't anywhere near scientifically literate enough to understand the details (I struggle myself sometimes since I'm not a doctor).

The nice thing about lab grown meat is that they'll be able to remove the things that cause us harm, however, I have a feeling it will impact the taste. Like PHJF said, it's the fat that makes things taste good. But perhaps they'll be able to remove all of the mammalian hormones from the meat, such as the naturally occurring estrogen.

They also won't have to pump the meat full of anti-biotics (99% of antibiotics in the world are used by farms yay)

What I assume will happen is that people will buy lab grown meat as pet food, because people lovers probably like the idea of not having to kill other animals to feed their own. So that might be one way to test for any potential health effects.

I was thinking more along the lines of Monsanto's Frankinseeds and Round-Up. Things like this. There's evidence Bayer and Monsanto's products create Colony Collapse Disorder, which is a big deal considering bees pollinate 80% of the world's plants including 90 different food crops.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > I Am Jesus Christ Revealed

23. Re: I Am Jesus Christ Revealed Dec 7, 2019, 01:25 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 22:31:
I don't think I trust myself enough to make my own comment on this story. Well done Prez and JohnB.

I know I'm not. Too easy. At this point, I'm just going to poke fun and call it shameful.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

22. Re: I Am Jesus Christ Revealed Dec 7, 2019, 01:23 Kxmode

GunSpeed wrote on Dec 7, 2019, 00:36:
Blasphemy!

That's a level 10 ability.

21. Re: I Am Jesus Christ Revealed Dec 7, 2019, 01:21 Kxmode

JohnB wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 21:21:
Somehow I don't think a "I Am Muhammad" game would be permitted.

No, it wouldn't. People would die. The developer and publisher don't want that on their conscience. They also don't want run for the rest of their lives from the fatwah every Islamic priest guy would likely place on their head. Rolleyes

19. Re: I Am Jesus Christ Revealed Dec 7, 2019, 01:08 Kxmode

* Realistic fight with Satan

The only "fight" Jesus had on earth happened in Matthew 4:1-11. Here's the TL;DR version:

Jesus is hungry. Satan is like, "If your God's son, all strong and powerful, turn the stones into bread." Jesus is like, "Shut up, Satan!"

Satan takes Jesus up to a high place and tells him to commit suicide. Jesus tells Satan to "Shut up!"

Satan tells Jesus to worship him because the previous two attempts were so successful. Jesus tells Satan to "Go away!" Satan goes away in failure.

No fighting happened.

News Comments > Phoenix Point Released

23. Re: RAPE DAY Steam Listing Dec 6, 2019, 16:30 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 10:25:
Dravnt wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 15:38:
I wish them well. But I think, in the end, Epic Snapshot Games would have made more money (and certainly sustained goodwill) had they sold on Steam and eventually EGS once Epic moved away from their childish exclusivity.

I agree. Not really that interested in this game yet.

No one going to poke fun at his Subject, which must be the auto-fill from his browser?

Yeah. I use LastPass. It appears to break down on BN and save the subject line from a first visit post for the day. I tend to fix this but sometimes forget.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2019, 16:22 Kxmode

Dash wrote on Dec 6, 2019, 03:10:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 5, 2019, 19:30:
"Fake Meat vs. Real Meat. Meat producers looking out for your health." They sure are!

... 'Onion News Network'. Eh. Weird how they're working towards lab-grown meat.

Pretty sure that's going to have a long term negative effect on the human body.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2019, 19:30 Kxmode

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2019, 14:48 Kxmode

Seeing 4K50-60 in RDR2 with most setting set to high or ultra. Amazing level of optimization by the Rockstar team. Visuals look amazing.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1174180/Red_Dead_Redemption_2/

Edit: Wow! The snow in this game looks and moves like real snow. When your horse trots around little poofs of snow kick up. Love that level of detail!

Edit 2: What! I just realized when characters walk through the snow, that snow gets on their clothes! And when they carry friends with gun-shot wounds over their shoulder blood appears on the clothes of that shoulder. That's just NUTS! I've never seen that before.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2019, 19:28.

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2019, 14:27 Kxmode

Some MTX purchases do appear in your Steam inventory, so there could be some something going on between the game and the platform. Perhaps the Epic Games Store is having difficulty adding the MTX item to the game's EGS profile.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2019, 19:11.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 5, 2019, 01:26 Kxmode

He just wants the women in his world to be Justice Warriors who are social.

Kidding aside, most series end after six or seven seasons. So the producers may come to the same conclusion as you after reviewing the WOT books, and decide to do a six season arc. Then, if the demand is high, maybe do films with the remaining books.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 4, 2019, 22:26 Kxmode

I've always been fascinated by the Wheel of Time series but felt it was too daunting to read with its 15 books. I figured Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson together had infused enough skill in the source material that in the hands of excellent screenwriters, the television series will shine. And the best part is ALL the books in the series are done. So we don't have to worry about the quality of the series sudden falling like the Night King. Plus with Amazon really delving into uncharted material (The Man in the High Castle for example. Such an amazing series, by the way. I highly recommend it!), I feel the show will be in great hands from the top-down.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2019, 20:58 Kxmode

Steele Johnson wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 17:37:
"Willie Nelson says he’s no longer smoking marijuana due to breathing issues"

Edibles are better anyway, especially the chocolates

Willie Nelson is still alive? He was decrepit, when I was a teen.

News Comments > Rune II Publisher Sues RUNE II Developers

5. Re: Rune II Publisher Sues RUNE II Developers Dec 4, 2019, 20:56 Kxmode

Thor's brother has always been terrible at playing the piano. He can't quite hit the low key.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2019, 14:40 Kxmode

19 Galaxies Apparently Missing Dark Matter. No One Knows Why.

Do those 19 galaxies even matter? I'll show myself out.

11. Re: Phoenix Point Released Dec 3, 2019, 22:22 Kxmode

Teddy wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 19:04:
So far, graphically not as nice as the X-COM remakes

It's based on the original X-COM, not the X-COM reboot. It says that in the first sentence up above. You're comparing apples to oranges.

News Comments > SuperData on Digital Spending

3. Re: SuperData on Digital Spending Dec 3, 2019, 21:58 Kxmode

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 20:13:
I think it is somewhat disingenuous to make any statement about whether or not PC gamers /prefer/ to buy digitally, since for all intents and purposes, it is almost impossible to buy PC games physically anymore. They may very well prefer digital, but sales figures are not indicative of their preferences, only that they are buying games digitally, whether they like it more or not.

I think you're getting your wires crossed. The article stated a lower percentage of gamers prefer to purchase from physical retailers. I do agree about saying they "prefer," though. There may be a wide variety of reasons why that happened. Perhaps the lack of access to broadband is one consideration. I know if I wasn't on broadband, I won't mess with digital downloading.

News Comments > SuperData on Digital Spending

1. Re: SuperData on Digital Spending Dec 3, 2019, 20:06 Kxmode

Game Stop to Shareholders: "We expect to bounce back from this slump next year." Insanity.  

News Comments > PC Halo Reach Released

10. Re: PC Halo Reach Released Dec 3, 2019, 19:31 Kxmode

Simon Says wrote on Dec 3, 2019, 17:22:
Just snatched it, I hadn't played anything after Halo 2, glad I can continue the story.

Finish the Fight

1. Re: Phoenix Point Released Dec 3, 2019, 14:12 Kxmode

I wish them well. But I think, in the end, Epic Snapshot Games would have made more money (and certainly sustained goodwill) had they sold on Steam and eventually EGS once Epic moved away from their childish exclusivity.

Edit: Where's my head at?

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 2019, 15:21.

16186 Comments. 810 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >