Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description TamperMonkey scripts:
- Hide Users on BluesNews
- Min price Filter for SteamDB
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 12515 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Everything Released
19. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 25, 2017, 01:36 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 18:10:
This viewpoint is quite literally an association fallacy because they base this conclusion on the premise that stars of our sun's size and age typically exhibit signs of cooling. And yet, contrary to all scientific thought, they can't explain why the sun is burning hotter now than at any point in the past 1,000 years.

What the fuckity fuck? This is just blatantly false. No one is confused by the science behind an aging sun but you. You don't put any effort whatsoever into finding the scientific conclusions to things that you bring to question. Your lack of understanding doesn't preclude the existence of the evidence. Stars burn hotter and expand as they age until they collapse, and everyone (elementary school children are taught this) but you seems to be aware of this. Your statement is so wrong it could only have originated as a talking point on some religious truther website, and you didn't even bother to check to see if it was accurate. This is what happens when you blindly accept a text as truth and are willing to regurgitate it without verification. Every last ounce of science can be verified and repeated, or it isn't science.

I am not referring to the age of the sun. I am referring to the fact that at its age it is getting hotter; despite the fact that scientists know similar stars begin to exhibit signs of cooling. To your point about putting forth any effort, here are 29 million results from the growing scientific consensus about the sun's rising heat. Many articles in those results have data and quotes from scientists who believe that the sun, not humans, is primarily responsible for global warming due to increased radiation upon the earth.

The point is the radical heating up of the sun flies in the face of what scientists accept as the norm today. They can't explain WHY the sun is heating up. So how does anyone continue to put faith in their predictions about what the sun will do in 4-5 billion years?

Science and scientists aren't infallible in their conclusions. More often than not, their findings are wrong. "Every last ounce of science can be verified and repeated, or it isn't science." I'll just pull one example out of the hat to deflate this statement. It took scientists 100 years to proved Einstein's general theory of relativity. In all that time, it could not be verified or repeated until they proved it correct. See the hypocrisy? It's very convenient when the subject of ire is the Bible, but science? How dare I question its validity. Science isn't the Spanish Inquisition. The nature of science is to question EVERYTHING (like that?). HOW, WHAT, WHEN, and WHERE. The Bible only explains the WHY; something science continues to struggle with.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Everything Released Apr 24, 2017, 23:50 Kxmode

In an interest of stifling this discussion, I will remind you that my first comment had NOTHING to do with the Bible, Christianity, or anything of the sort.

---

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 13:25:
* watches video *
WTF did I just watch?

Animals doing summersaults while Alan Watts spouts nonsensical gibberish about time being a social construct. Basically, a video game for beatniks.

---

The very next comment turned it into something about Christianity:

descender wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 08:23:
Everyone should listen to more Alan Watts, it would be good for you. Especially someone who has to fight himself to stop spouting nonsensical gibberish about his particular brand of Christian oppression... Some eastern philosophy might just blow your mind.

---

So ask yourselves, who is adhering to the rule of not posting religion things? If you take my non-religious comments and turn them religious, then it'll go there. I created the TamperMonkey script for the purpose of ignoring me so that my words won't trigger your atheistic sensibilities. Most mature, intelligent people can handle comments about the bible, just like I can handle comments from your guys about politics. I simply chose to ignore them.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 23:37 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 16:24:
You don't have to have faith or belief in science, science is merely a process that produces evidence. Science doesn't require belief because you can be shown how and why it works or else it isn't science.

Of which, mine is based on historical evidence

No, it isn't.

There is absolutely zero evidence that any of the mystical things mentioned in your religious text of choice actually happened. There are a few references to actual historical events and civilizations that existed at the time but zero evidence to support any of the mystical claims made by the writings.

Actual historical evidence only shows that humans have been reinventing and stealing similar religious stories for millenia across thousands of different religions. There is zero evidence to show that any of them are actually accurate or true or possess any verifiable knowledge of a living deity. That you would or could be so naive to believe any one religious text in the face of insurmountable evidence that your book is neither original nor special... that's faith. Having "faith" in any particular religion is essentially being willfully ignorant to historical evidence.

I'm not going to get into the analytical point-by-point minutiae with you because to do so would be a waste of time for us both. Your respond is typical of someone with surface knowledge of the Bible, at best. In other words, come back and say the same things after you have studied the Bible at considerable length.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2017, 23:21 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 14:52:
The main difference is that you believe that your faith defines reality, whereas the atheists/agnostics believe that whatever you think won't change reality.

That's a good point, although I will say that agnostics can believe in some form of powerful being and that in turn can shape their reality. They simply haven't crossed over into believing God exists (as atheism dictates), or being skeptical of God's existence. Anyhow, I've gone through the both schools of Agnosticism and Atheism and learned that God exists. That I can't see him is faith. The same principle could apply to those who vehemently believe there is no God, and are quick to snuff out dissenting viewpoints. In either case, time will tell.

I will say this when you see the world's governments start attacking religion en masse (and it will happen); then you'll know God is real because he is the one that will "put it into their hearts to carry out his thought" of destroying false religion. (Revelation 17:17) In other words, if you hate false religion, consider God hates it 50x more and is counting down the days to its annihilation. He knows the day and hour.

15. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 15:52 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 11:50:
"This guy that agrees with me is classier!"

There's absolutely zero evidence of any kind of God. More importantly, even if there were, there's absolutely no evidence of your God. You believe in him because your mother and father did. Had you been born in China, or India, or hell, New England, you'd believe in different things. Your entire religion is your blind faith in the circumstances of your birth.

Some of us have no time to believe in things that there's absolutely no evidence. As likely as your God is, it's equally likely that a 3 inch pig is controlling all of the world with an Apple Newton. Just as much evidence one way as the other.

Scientists state in matter-of-fact tones that in billions of years the sun is going to expand into a red giant and take the earth with it. This viewpoint is quite literally an association fallacy because they base this conclusion on the premise that stars of our sun's size and age typically exhibit signs of cooling. And yet, contrary to all scientific thought, they can't explain why the sun is burning hotter now than at any point in the past 1,000 years. So people are supposed to take their conclusions as sacrosanct? It takes faith to believe their perpetual changing conclusions (or "clearer picture"). Despite translations, the Bible hasn't changed in the thousands of year of its existence. I'll put my confidence in a book that has a flawless record of getting predictions right.

RE: "You believe in him because your mother and father did. Had you been born in China, or India, or hell, New England, you'd believe in different things. Your entire religion is your blind faith in the circumstances of your birth." I'd direct you to a this comment that pretty much refutes that. Somehow I don't think you'll bother to read, so I'll quote the part worth noting:

While most base their beliefs and faith in science, I base mine on history and science, through the prism of the Bible. If that sounds odd, hear me out. When I was young, my parents constantly told me, "Make the truth your own." In other words, don't believe what we say, prove to yourself that it is true, otherwise find the truth. That is what I did. I have studied just about every major religion. I say major because there are over 4,000 worldwide. So I focused on the majors: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism. I also looked into Atheism and Agnosticism in the sense of questioning God's existence.

What you did is, out of sheer ignorance, group me in with a bunch of clueless people who go to church to passively listen to sermons. Most of which never use the Bible, and many steeped in political ideologies. Neither of that applies to me.

As an aside, I'd like to make this point that I am not taking my comments to the Bible level. You guys are. I've already stated that I won't post such things on this site, but if you goad me into a response with disrespectful nonsense, then I will respond. I have never disrespected any of you. I would ask that you not do the same to me. If you dislike my posts, then feel free to use my Hide Users on BluesNews TamperMonkey script (my user id is 18786). I spent about an hour putting the script together so that it lessens these kinds of conversations and keeps Blues News relatively friction-free. I'm sure Blue would appreciate it.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2017, 14:48 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 11:51:
There's evidence-based faith, and there's utterly blind faith.

Of which, mine is based on historical evidence. The same could be said of jdryer's third point. Faith fills in the rest for both. I see one outcome, and other's see another. In either case, time ultimately determines which is correct.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2017, 11:35 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 15:49:
1) A fatalistic attitude is extremely dangerous thinking. Humans are absolutely capable of poisoning the planet down to the point where only bacteria and tardigrades can exist. India has about the same number of vehicles as Great Britian. However, death from accidents is six times higher. Fatalism plays a huge part in this, as people don't drive safely, wear seatbelts, etc. "My time is my time" is a prevailing sentiment, so most people don't take care.

2) Let's not forget Aesop. When the cart gets stuck in the mud, the farmer implores Hercules to come and push it out for him. Hercules appears, and says "Don't just stand there man, put your shoulder to the wheel!" The Gods help those that help themselves.

3) Doom and gloom is absolutely the correct response. Global warming has in the past caused mass extinctions, and will do so again in the next 100 years, except this time it will be the first anthropogenic climate change extinction.

Your viewpoint and my viewpoint are both based on faith. Humanity will wait and see which comes true.

12. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 24, 2017, 11:21 Kxmode

descender wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 08:23:
Everyone should listen to more Alan Watts, it would be good for you. Especially someone who has to fight himself to stop spouting nonsensical gibberish about his particular brand of Christian oppression... Some eastern philosophy might just blow your mind.

I like to listen to many interesting concepts, such as Brian Greene and string theory. However, I'll pass on a man who views religion as a form of psychotherapy and sees the Bible as "the world's most dangerous book."

Brian Greene takes a classier viewpoint of religion. "If you don't view God as the reservoir of temporary answers to issues we haven't solved scientifically, but rather as some overarching structure within which science takes place, and if that makes you happy and satisfied, so be it. I don't see the need for that; others do."

Science and religion are compatible, but only to a degree. The problem is when people turn science INTO a religion. Science only explains the HOW. The Bible explains the WHY.

10. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 23, 2017, 19:55 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 13:25:
* watches video *

WTF did I just watch?

Animals doing summersaults while Alan Watts spouts nonsensical gibberish about time being a social construct. Basically, a video game for beatniks.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Announced
17. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Announced Apr 22, 2017, 07:23 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 05:22:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 20:10:
So WW2 is popular again?

WW2 is the new black.
Blue.
Red.
Pink.
Yellow
Black.

Gray. Might have some SJW stuff.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 05:46 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 02:48:
Life is an STD that is hard to get rid off! Evolution is a master at spreading this STD.

We have found life where we expected it to be impossible (e.g. close to black smokers). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcJlmpen4A0 I am sure that once life exists it is hard to get totally killed. Fungi, moss, lichens, bacteria - very hard to kill them all. But more complex lifeforms (especially those who cannot adapt very well to a changing habitat) will die much easier and earlier than simple lifeforms that adapt to almost every climate.

There are bacteria in Carlsbad Caverns called Paenibacillus that are "immortal." Its age is 4 million years. Given the location in such harsh conditions, the bacteria built up defenses to fight other bacteria for resources through attrition. Over time the strain became immune to many modern antibiotics. Effectively they cannot die from natural causes. And then, of course, there are Tardigrades. These little tiny water bears looking for picket baskets is all kinds of extremes like lava and pools of acid, and if none are found can shrivel up and hibernate for hundreds of years without dying.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2017, 05:58.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 23:43 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 20:19:
I tap into the universal consciousness man. Beatnik

So you finished that venti green vanilla bean crème Frappuccino with heavy cream, 0.5 soy Lactaid milk, Stevia and Monk Fruit, honey, extra caramel drizzle, matcha powder with room for foam. Add Frappuccino chips, agave, blueberry topping. No ice, water, whip, sweet cream. Served with 34-degree bananas, strawberries, two protein powder, 0.3 almond milk and 0.152 coconuts milk? Did your eyes pop out of their sockets?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 21, 2017, 23:26 Kxmode

Google updated Earth and wow are the results amazing! Check out this view of Paris. What's crazy is I've never been to Paris, except in Assassin's Creed Unity, and this looks all familiar to me via Arno's adventures. And here's London that I've never visited but have become familiar with through Evie and Jacob Frye in Syndicate.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Announced
6. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Announced Apr 21, 2017, 20:10 Kxmode

So WW2 is popular again?  

33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 20:02 Kxmode

BobBob wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 19:32:
Sure, the planet will survive -- as a barren wasteland, devoid of all life -- but I'm sure it'll still keep orbiting the sun for another billion or so years. As I always like to say, "One man's paradise is another man's dead rock floating in space."

Interesting. Is your viewpoint based on anything you've learned or does it come from media (movies, video games, books, etc.)? Inquiring minds want to know. Smart

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 19:47 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 17:14:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 11:53:
Case in point, Hitler, and the Nazis ended. The Witnesses continue to thrive in Germany. *drops mic*

But aren't Nazis (or actually fascists, radical nationalists) having a great comeback pretty much all over the world right now because so many people are afraid of globalization and therefore want their countries to be "strong" and "racially pure" again? You know, people who want to make their countries great again and have slogans like "{Name of country] FIRST!" and "Don't buy from non-americ... ehm... people from other nations!" and "Don't employ people from other nations" and so on. Some guy from Austria who ruled Germany for less than two decades had VERY similar ideas and slogans... Just sayin', bro!

Want to pick up that mic over there?

I don't know about that. That's political shenanigans that I don't concern myself with. People can do whatever they want in that arena. I'll just stand way over here.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 19:23 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 17:14:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 15:44:

Edit: "you wouldn't get preachy about your anti-science." Wait a second. I never said anything about that. What does "anti-science" even mean?

"Global warming isn't a big deal because God will save the Earth!"

About as anti-science as it gets. Next, you'll tell us evolution is "just a theory."

I wouldn't say that's explicitly anti-science. Apparently, global warming plays a part in changes to the earth, and the scientific community has provided evidence to show this. However, I was specifically addressing the "doom and gloom" response.

It doesn't matter what humans do. They won't ever be allowed to destroy the fundamental things that make the planet "operational." This doomsday scenario is something that environmentalists hinge their beliefs and fears on. I want clean air and water, but in the grand scheme of things, I am not at the level of concern as environmentalists. I put my faith in what the Bible states the Earth will eventually become, which is a paradise.

I'm not sure how you saw my viewpoint as "anti-science." It's not. It's belief in a different and positive outcome for our planet. Thumbsup

23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 15:44 Kxmode

Beamer wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 12:11:
Duuuuuude. You promised us you wouldn't get preachy about your anti-science.

Me: "I have already stated ad nauseum that I would not post bible stuff. I repeatedly linked to a post that quite literally says I'm banning myself from discussing the Bible on this site."

Yup. My apologies. Thanks for calling me on that.

Edit: "you wouldn't get preachy about your anti-science." Wait a second. I never said anything about that. What does "anti-science" even mean?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 11:53 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 05:24:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 17:46:
Russia banned Jehovah's Witnesses for "extremist activities." They may be annoying, but "extremist"?

Of course, they are extremists! Just like every Russian democratic movement! Forbid them, lock them up! Long live tsar Putin! RUSIYE!!!

Hitler did the same thing to the Witnesses in Nazi Germany. He made a bold proclamation, "This enemy of Great Germany, This brood of International Bible Students* will be exterminated in Germany!"

Even the scribes and Pharisees during the time of the apostles had to reluctantly conclude, "do not meddle with these men, but leave them alone. For if this scheme or this work is from men, it will be overthrown; but if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. Otherwise, you may find yourselves fighting against God himself." (Acts 5:38, 39)

Case in point, Hitler, and the Nazis ended. The Witnesses continue to thrive in Germany. *drops mic*

(* Footnote: What the Witnesses were called before adopting the name Jehovah's Witnesses. They were also called Ernste Bibelforscher; German for "Earnest Bible Students")

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 03:29 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 02:55:
BobBob wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 01:08:
FFS

Surprised it took this long.

Trump keeps putting people who hate a particular issue in charge of the department that manages that issue. So this is inevitably going to be the result, sadly.

You guys worry about something that's trivial in the grand scheme of things. If you think this will cause the earth to suffer permanent damage, don't worry. First, Jehovah God will not allow humans to bring the Earth to ruin. The Bible assures us that He did not create the earth “simply for nothing.” Rather, he formed it “to be inhabited.” (Isaiah 45:18) Instead of allowing the Earth to be utterly plundered by humans, God will “bring to ruin those ruining the earth.” (Revelation 11:18) Besides, the plan in the future is to completely "renovate" the earth. You may or may not be around to see it, but realize you don't have to worry about an apocalyptic wasteland.

12515 Comments. 626 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo