Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4407 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
31. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 12:59 Acleacius

Hell, if Techland would pull their head out of their asses i.e. stop manipulating their games to prevent modding so they can exploit DLC. They could have already finished their Hexen/Heretic Coop game and moved on to the Western. Especially considering Westworld and it's global success and appeal, the western is and will be, even more in demand.  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling
10. Re: Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling Oct 18, 2016, 12:52 Acleacius

Don't get it, what specifically is/can Valve do? Remember Valve can't give or use personal or private information in anyway that would comprise privacy agreements when dealing with State, Federal and International laws. Not to mention Valve's own privacy agreements.

I still haven't seen a single suggestion Valve could do that won't jeopardize them, leaving Valve open for class action suits, globally.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
29. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 12:42 Acleacius

Some developers will come along and do it better on the PC, so fuck you rockstar, again! Middlefinger  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 22:48 Acleacius

1badmf wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 17:35:
Westworld musings:

bernard is probably a robot. the whole episode was one long meditation on the nature of consciousness, memory and personality, culminating in his discussion with dr. ford, which immediately segues into his call with his wife about his own past, his memories, his personality anchors. the way the whole thing is arranged is screaming, 'this is how our robots are made, here is an example one of one.'

also, those dudes that fucked up teddy at the end, they were probably guests since he tried to shoot them and they wouldn't die. i wonder if that was part of ford's new story.
Hope your wrong about Bernard...maybe it's out of selfishness but I really like the idea that there's compassion for the hosts from at least one human in the show. Just as William is the only real white hat atm, the show needs at least one even if these are the extremes of balance. It allows us to measure our range of humanity depicted on the show.

I bet your correct about Teddy, but you left off the biggest reason, Marti. Shes a guest and she couldn't hurt them either.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 15:40 Acleacius

Warning!!! Sorry tried to hide the spoiler link but no idea why it's not hiding.

Wow, bet that sandwich would be awesome, hold the meat! Winkrazz
Wonder if you can get grilled eggplant and portabella mushrooms, mozzarella and artichoke hearts, instead. Damn, now I'm hungry, but at least I know what kind of sammich to make! Ooh, sourdough! Chef Drool

Westworld, so far none of the reviews....even realize the voice, literally became her own voice. They apparently still think it was a male god voice, weird. Also, I'm pretty sure the host killed himself to save, Elsie from his inner voice. Not sure what they are talking about here.

‘Westworld’ Spoiler Review: 10 Questions From “The Stray”

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
11. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 12:34 Acleacius

Retired wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 12:13:
Hoping it is something new and not a remake. Also hoping for a HUGE SP campaign like RDR or GTA style. Co-op lately in these games has been tertiary for me. Cheating has ultimately ruined MP gaming.
Mind if I ask what games? I've mostly stuck to Dead Island and Dying Light style games. Private servers, we generally only play with friends and/or using the same modifications. I never use VAC servers, is that where the cheating happens?

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
6. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 11:56 Acleacius

Would love a Western Coop RPG in the same vein as Dead Island or Dying Light!

I know most of you guys have played GTA5 Coop, does rockstar respect the Main Storyline as Coop? Please don't give us this retarded Coop (Far Cry 3), where you can only do special or select maps. If not does 2K have any good Coop games, since I think at the end of the day, 2K makes the final call.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 10:28 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 07:35:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 02:22:
Westworld... Damn, that was a shit ton of answers and rolled up in a bundle of awesome! Lighter

So do you think Ed Harris' character is Anthony Hopkins old buddy/coworker? He wants to find the maze, which we see at the preview at the end that Hopkins is telling someone about.

Absolutely I do, how awesome is that! I probably shouldn't have watched that very first preview(chestnut preview 1:30 long), since it gave away a huge MIB line about whether he was a villain or not. Blue posted a science-y report a couple of weeks back: when you see some spoilers it helps you feel a more connected and I still do.
Also, did you see/hear her go sentient? Her inner voice became HER own! Cake W00t

I need to watch the new preview again. I thought he was telling Dolores about the maze. As if there's a huge ass convergence happening, part intentionally (Ford) and partly by accident (Bernard). I got creeped out at that scene because I thought Ford caught Bernard and was threatening his wife. Also, how the hell will Dolores ever be able to stand up to Ford, that scene is going to freak me the fuck out!

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Tease?
18. Re: Red Dead Redemption Tease? Oct 17, 2016, 03:03 Acleacius

Nuhauser wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 01:43:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 18:12:
I actually bought RDR for PS3, got to Mexico before I stopped playing, gamepad aiming is just too aggravating for me.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I played the entire game (and the amazing undead nightmare addon) with the autoaim at its highest setting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't R* claimed that the code for RDR was a horrid mess and that it would literally take years to fix it up enough just to port it to PC?
Personally, I would trust rockstar at all. I'm guessing that quote came before they got bought out? Hell, I bet PC GTA5 had a much different design document, before 2K bought them. rockstar has been nothing but a bunch of dicks to PC gamers over the years, but 2K is in charge now and they don't play that shit.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 02:22 Acleacius

Westworld... Damn, that was a shit ton of answers and rolled up in a bundle of awesome! Lighter

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2016, 14:34 Acleacius

Kxmode wrote on Oct 15, 2016, 14:31:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 23:57:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 13:25:
Why do I keep defaulting to Legend of Kyrandia whenever Westwood comes to mind?
It's probably not his fault, Blue whipped out his wood first, last week! Giggle

Wait. What? Square
Iirc, last week Blue posted Westwood, instead of Westworld. A couple of Woody jokes followed, not only because of WestWood/WestWorld but ERW (Evan Rachel Wood), too. Highfive

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Tease?
6. Re: Red Dead Redemption Tease? Oct 16, 2016, 14:25 Acleacius

Afaik, rockstar had 6 years to do it and only ever gave PC gamers, the finger. This feels much more like 2K forcing rockstar to make it.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 23:57 Acleacius

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 13:25:
Brazor wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 13:04:
Westworld is dominating my thinking about the new television series,

I read that as Westwood instead of Westworld. My first thought was "Why are they making a Command and Conquer TV show?"

Why do I keep defaulting to Legend of Kyrandia whenever Westwood comes to mind?
It's probably not his fault, Blue whipped out his wood first, last week! Giggle

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 23:41 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 21:24:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 17:26:
Westworld spoilers here too, major from the first episode, final minutes...
I thought the tell was when she spoiler killed a living thing, /end spoiler they ain't supposed to do that.....
Right, did I phrase it incorrectly? She....lied to cover up, that she's now conscious (and technically conscience, too). In case you don't have it to see again...Stubbs asks her if she would hurt a living thing. She says "of course not", then in the last second cracks a little smirk with her right (looking at her) corner of her lips. This was after being stone still for more than a minute. It's why I ask if anyone else has seen it. The little twitch of her lips/smile at the last second. I didn't know she would kill the fly but I knew she lied.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 17:26 Acleacius

Westworld spoilers here too, major from the first episode, final minutes...
Still haven't seen any threads or reviews mentioning ERW's Dolores, right hand corner of her mouth. After the final question from Stubbs, before cutting to Peter's nasal reset. Dolores clearly did that on purpose. She sat there with near complete motionless facial expression...then boom. She is the first to intentionally fail Turnings. Not to mention she didn't directly answer his question yes or no. She said, "of course not". It's something a human would say out of empathy, not what someone would say in an interrogation. Stubbs even noticed that it was strange, just not the implication.

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil for Free
20. Re: Beyond Good & Evil for Free Oct 12, 2016, 20:12 Acleacius

Kxmode wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 19:41:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 19:18:
at least until 'the dictator' gets elected. Protest

Are you referring to Sacha Baron Cohen?
Bah, that was a low blow! Winkrazz The Great Dictator

18. Re: Beyond Good & Evil for Free Oct 12, 2016, 19:18 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 19:11:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 18:41:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 17:22:
I don't see what the problem with UPlay is. It's just another platform like Origin, Steam, and GOG Galaxy. One more way for publishers to have more control over their product. That being said, I don't like that Origin and UPlay because they have zero product reviews and ratings.
You mean besides the fact that ubi has been at the center of almost every major drm scandal for the last 16 years or so. OR the fact they secretly install monitoring programs without user knowledge or consent AND that those said programs REMAIN after you uninstall the game AND that you need a special tool to remove the piece of shit tracking software?

Beside those.....? Can't think of a thing. Giggle

You mean the DRM problems that they resolved 4 years ago last month?
Yeah Googling gave me some answers.
But I am sick and fucking tiredt of you people bitching about free shit. Yeah ya gotta sign up, yeah you can make up a fake profile to register, but at the same time, you have sold your information to far worse people when ya signed up with an internet provider.
Like listening to a lady at work who was in my training classes at Amazon and lasted 4 days because she couldn't quit fucking bitching and moaning about anything. Nothing made her happy.
Years later they resolve, each episode they cause whether it's Rootkit Starforce or any other issue. Mostly because of lawsuits, guess you saw that too googling. Btw I didn't complain about free stuff in this thread, I was answering Kxmode's question. Guess this means I can still protest corporate abuse..... well at least until 'the dictator' gets elected. Protest

17. Re: Beyond Good & Evil for Free Oct 12, 2016, 19:12 Acleacius

Kxmode wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 18:50:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 18:41:
You mean besides the fact that ubi has been at the center of almost every major drm scandal for the last 16 years or so. OR the fact they secretly install monitoring programs without user knowledge or consent AND that those said programs REMAIN after you uninstall the game AND that you need a special tool to remove the piece of shit tracking software?

Uhhh... Drool

Wink
Can you tell I'm still pissed they installed punkbuster without consent during Far Cry 3 and left it installed on my system. Requiring the special tool from punkbuster site to fully remove it. Hahaha_no

13. Re: Beyond Good & Evil for Free Oct 12, 2016, 18:41 Acleacius

Kxmode wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 17:22:
I don't see what the problem with UPlay is. It's just another platform like Origin, Steam, and GOG Galaxy. One more way for publishers to have more control over their product. That being said, I don't like that Origin and UPlay because they have zero product reviews and ratings.

News Comments > Mafia III Patched
17. Re: Mafia III Patched Oct 9, 2016, 20:22 Acleacius

Imagine the horror if the had delayed the game a whole fucking week! There would have been economic collapse, dogs and cats dating, trump respecting women and hillary standing up against corporations. Just nothing but chaos. I for one want to thank the fucking dipshits at 2k for saving the world, with this early release! Hahaha_no

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2016, 20:45.

4407 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo