Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4271 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Jul 21, 2016, 01:02 Acleacius

jimnms wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 23:09:
According to SteamDB, the Mafia II Director's cut does include all 7 DLC.
Hope that shows up here in the US. I'll keep an eye on other gaming sales sites, maybe even key sites. No way I'm paying $72 US for the game and dlc. Most games that old are selling for about $7.50 (sale price) with all dlc included.

Thanks for the tip!

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jul 20, 2016, 20:23 Acleacius

Since we didn't have a Sale section tonight, I'll post this here.

Phase 2 of Greenman Summer Sale, RPGs.

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 20, 2016, 20:19 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 19:30:
Season 1 rocked. But ever since Ben Carson connected Satan with our next President I will probably have to buy the dvd, less devilish that way.
Wait the next president is gonna be on Season 2 of Lucifer! Cutter's gonna be PISSED! Bow Giggle

Loved Ash, btw!

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2016, 20:14 Acleacius

Here's what I see on the US Steam site. $30 for the main game and $42 for dlc, even the Deluxe Edition, doesn't seem to include any of the dlc, in the $42 list.

We don't seem to have an Director's Cut and never had, iirc. I've watched this game for quite awhile now. Think I reported it here, when it was taken off Steam (well at least here in the US) and once it reappeared again. It had been missing nearly 2 years, iirc.

I appreciate the tip on Greenman and gratz on your deal!

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free
5. Re: Life is Strange Episode 1 Going Free Jul 20, 2016, 18:42 Acleacius

I've almost bought this several times, since it sounds like a great story. As many people who talk about the great story, complain about the ending.

Iirc this was a Kickstarter, sure seems like the developers would want to offer a better ending if most all the fans agree.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: Humble Bundles. Jul 20, 2016, 10:33 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 08:06:
DNF for $1, nope, it's still too much.
Ouch, I've heard it was bad and avoided it being a fan of the original. I was going to try for mafia ii, after checking 2k still want's $42 US (non sale price) for all the dlc, which is beyond stupid for a 6 year old game. That's $72 US total for a game with basically no replay value. At least from what I'm reading, there's no real exploration or side quests, not to mention no C & C.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2016, 23:16 Acleacius

The Lowdown Your Guide To The Summer Sale
Here's how the Greenman Summer Sale is going down. Sort of weird but looks like RPG 48 hours is up next, followed by CooP(?) 48 hours.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2016, 22:51 Acleacius

First time trying a bundle. Thanks  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2016, 20:43 Acleacius

How does the bundle work, for $8 US I get all the current exposed games? Secondly I'm only interested in 2 games, do they send a key for each separately, so I can trade/give them away?  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2016, 22:45 Acleacius

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 21:14:
PHJF wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 18:15:
XCOM2 is $29, only thing standing out.

Oh shit, really? Might be time to buy that, finally.

*EDIT* Also, anybody play Neo Scavenger at all? Tempted to get that also, nice charity setup at IndieGameStand.
Didn't finish it but it's really hard core survival. No messing around, easy to die, permanent death, so hard to even complete the story. Looks to be a great price, about 70 more hours to decide. Also very easy to die because you didn't know something gameplay wise. So reading threads about "things I wish I would have known" might be a advantageous!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 18, 2016, 19:08 Acleacius

Yeah, still got my original NOLF, GotY and NOLF2. It did seem kinda of cool to be all patched for win 7, with widescreen. Thanks for the tip but nah never done torrent. I've been tempted but p2p is too open and dangerous, at least for me.

Got a new hard drive coming in soon. Maybe I'll isolated it and only install it, with the net disconnected and see if anything blows up.

There are couple of legit sites, who try to keep older games alive offering the game download. Wheel of Time

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2016, 18:29 Acleacius

Yeah, hard to believe this is a real Summer Sale. It's much more like any weekly sale.

Wonder if Amazon is giving up on Summer Sales too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2016, 16:54 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 16:17:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 15:49:
Chrome browser is popular around here, correct? I'm using Firefox but keep having issues with Captcha, not being visible. So I'm hoping a basic install of Chrome will fix this issue.
Blues has Captcha?

The other possibility you need to consider is that you are not human.
Not that I'm aware of, though I am asking a in Blue's forum. Does that count?

Inhuman?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2016, 15:49 Acleacius

Chrome browser is popular around here, correct? I'm using Firefox but keep having issues with Captcha, not being visible. So I'm hoping a basic install of Chrome will fix this issue.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 18, 2016, 14:21 Acleacius

Speaking of, I was wondering if this was safe to download, anyone seen this?
No One Lives Forever Revival Edition

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 18, 2016, 09:40 Acleacius

Tried to search first, is Arma 3 a military team deathmatch or CTF or some such? It says Coop on the Steam page, which is why it caught my attention. Yet nothing about this sounds or looks like Coop.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2016, 19:15 Acleacius

Noted, I'll be more careful of my phrasing. Nope, I didn't even join Steam till Dead Island was release (2011?). I was just trying to be snarky about the elitist comment. Salute

Because when I used 'iirc' I seemed to remember ea taking a game or two off and not adding newer games.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2016, 18:40 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 18:08:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 14:09:
They said, that Steam was a great and necessary product, or something to that effect. Sort of undercutting ea's original argument, since pulling/not adding new games, on Steam.

Steam is mean, mean, mean because: Steam is trying to force ea to make all dlc available for each game it sells, i.e. Mass Effect 2.

Yep. Get your facts straight. Steam kicked EA out due to a violation of TOS and not the other way around. Besides, some EA games have always remained on Steam and were never pulled (like DAO Ultimate) because they did not violate the TOS. EA has also always had lots of their back catalogue on GOG. That's nothing new at all.

Now how many DRM-free or DRM-ridden games of Valve can you find anywhere else than Steam? Hmmm. That's right. The answer is zero. Valve is the tightest bunghole out there. You can find Ubi and EA games just about everywhere else... Steam, Origin, uPlay, GOG, you name it but the highly praised by fantards Valve and Blizzard are the only assholes who are really locking down their games to a single platform, i.e. theirs....
Fascinating you see my post as saying ea left Steam just cause. ea left instead of complying, how is that hard to comprehend. Nor did I ever say, ea took all their games.

Now if your trying to say, the ea verses Steam is not about how dlc is handled and treated, then yeah you can point this otherwise delusional rant towards me. Nor do I care if you think Gabe's butt taste like steak. Hahaha_no

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2016, 19:09.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2016, 14:09 Acleacius

I remember reading they are moving away from the disaster that is "Bioware Points" for dlc, so maybe some good will come from all this.

Iirc, there was a lead up to this change in the last week or so. ea has been changing it's toon at least a little. They said, that Steam was a great and necessary product, or something to that effect. Sort of undercutting ea's original argument, since pulling/not adding new games, on Steam.

Steam is mean, mean, mean because: Steam is trying to force ea to make all dlc available for each game it sells, i.e. Mass Effect 2.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2016, 14:36.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2016, 23:36 Acleacius

Speaking of amazon, had sucky experience with prime day purchase. amazon tried to double charge for the same order, so it set off alert and credit card company flagged. Finally got it all sorted but now have to reorder all over again, bleh. So hopefully will get it ordered, when I'm sober? Damn, another reason to get fired as a news uploader, drinking on the job! Drunk2  

4271 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo