Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4723 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 17:59 Acleacius

@eRe4s3r, no it's a completely white blank page with the video in the center(more or less).

@RedEye9, I am running some script blockers but the only script I'm blocking is doubleclick.net. I don't think I've got a cookie issue, most are deleted every time I close FF. I'll try to reboot.

@Mr. Tact, I'm sort of glad you see it too, since I'm not the only one. But I wish neither of us was seeing it.

@MeanJim, I don't see it, so I might have to log in to find it.

@Creston, All right, I'll keep working on it.

Thanks all.

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 13:46 Acleacius

What's with the new youtube, it's just a white page with video. There's no posts at the bottom nor a list of relevant videos on the right. Are we required to log in to turn it off? I never do, hate being tracked.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 27, 2017, 04:53 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 21:27:
They won't donate the food they throw out. Hell, they won't even allow people to dumpster dive for it or give it to staff. They actually make sure it's run through a trash compactor so no one can have it/use it.
That would suck, but I'm not sure it's true. Could it be a state or federal law/issue? If there are laws, they should always side on feeding the hungry. I know 50% of the food here in the US, is wasted. Personally I've got a fairly low carbon footprint. Iirc, the single biggest contributor to global warming atm is meat (red and white) production/processing.

Afaik, the Austin stores give food to charities and food kitchens each night. I do have a real problem with how they treat the employees. They should/could feed them for free, if the only other choice was to throw food away.

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 17:37 Acleacius

DangerDog wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 16:34:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 14:29:
Despite Whole Foods flaws (i.e. mackey, the drumpf of grocery) it was a pioneer against Mindless pesticides, processing and antibiotic usage in food products. Not to mention, globally supporting lower carbon footprint agriculture and helping to establishing international guidelines.

Oddly they never seem to advertise their budget line 365 and now seem to be building a different chain for it.

They might have started out that way but have since slid into the same corporate slime pit that all the other grocery store chains operate under. Their form of exploitation is a special kind of sleaze though, asparagus water anyone?

Amazon knows what they're doing, harvesting data and money from people with more money than brains.
Afaik, they didn't start making the product. I.e. it was started by other companies and they started selling it. My guess if it became popular (not clue, never tried it) they would start making their own. That really speaks more to the people who buy it, than the fact a store carries an item for pretentious customers.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 17:35 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 16:03:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 14:29:
Despite Whole Foods flaws (i.e. mackey, the drumpf of grocery) it was a pioneer against Mindless pesticides, processing and antibiotic usage in food products. Not to mention, globally supporting lower carbon footprint agriculture and helping to establishing international guidelines.

Oddly they never seem to advertise their budget line 365 and now seem to be building a different chain for it.

And they're also pro-food waste, pro-exploitation of workers/anti-union. They don't give a fuck about any of the stuff you mentioned that's just public relations bullshit.
What is pro-food waste? I agree their worker policies suck but once again that falls on drumpf of grocery. He's a complete dick, no doubt.

I shop at the corporate store in Austin but don't ever buy exploitative items. It's better than buying at a store which doesn't have any safety policies on the products they sell. And if another chain store does has safety policies it's because Whole Foods forced the market, to make better choices.

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 14:29 Acleacius

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2017, 10:16 Acleacius

Glad your feeling better! I keep wondering if there's going to be an increase in motion injuries with gamers and VR controllers.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC
7. Re: Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC Aug 23, 2017, 00:06 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 00:00:
Ant wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 20:58:
The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 19:59:
First Brink, now Shadow Warrior.

I need to stop buying games if they're just gonna keep giving them away for free after a few years. I'd save a bundle.

Crap. I missed Brink. What's up with these free recent games?

Brink and Shadow Warrior aren't really recent. SW came out 4 years ago and Brink came out 6 years ago.
Pretty sure he means 'recently free' games.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2017, 13:20 Acleacius

30 days of night, is what happened in Austin. It's worth it though since, Melissa George is running around in a bikini killing vampires.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 21, 2017, 13:48 Acleacius

Thanks both, I'll check them out.

I was actually using Foxit because it was barebone compared to the huge adobe footprint.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 21, 2017, 11:49 Acleacius

I use Foxit, instead of adobe, let me know if there's a better alternative.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 11:03 Acleacius

Blue you might make a mention about Marvel Defenders today.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2017, 09:52 Acleacius

Pretty cool posse you got there!  

News Comments > Prey Trial Version Released
29. Re: Prey Trial Version Released Aug 17, 2017, 05:34 Acleacius

Think I'll pass, doesn't this game have that shitty new drm, in addition to Steam?  

News Comments > Free Deadlight: Director's Cut
3. Re: Free Deadlight: Director's Cut Aug 16, 2017, 10:56 Acleacius

It must have lasted for about 5 min  

News Comments > Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1
6. Re: Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1 Aug 12, 2017, 14:32 Acleacius

Riiiiight, bots know exactly where you are at all times, don't have to search. Nor are they affected or effected by things like fog or bloom. They have autoaim and can see across the map without any restrictions. Duh?  

News Comments > Dead Maze Announced
2. Re: Dead Maze Announced Aug 11, 2017, 11:58 Acleacius

Is 'Death of a Game' analysis of APB, really the intended video for Dead Maze announcement?  

News Comments > Take-Two Interactive Results
5. Re: Take-Two Interactive Results Aug 3, 2017, 15:18 Acleacius

Yeah, as 2K they are forced to change but so all their titles are still based on consoles. I.e. Bioshock Infinite was the last PC title I played from 2K.  

News Comments > Take-Two Interactive Results
2. Re: Take-Two Interactive Results Aug 3, 2017, 12:58 Acleacius

Yet people keep buying their games despite them treating their customers like shit.  

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launches
4. Re: Secret World Legends Launches Aug 1, 2017, 10:57 Acleacius

Despite the fact that funcom are talented, they constantly push their fans and potential fans away with their absurd pricing. Not sure if everyone remembers but funcom at one time (iirc about 2 years) were charging $240 for TSW if you bought all the episodes. They didn't have a package deal att. By contrast EQ, the longest running mmog still in development with 23 expansions was charging around $40.  

4723 Comments. 237 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo