Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4407 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
64. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 20, 2016, 16:50 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 18:16:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 17:51:
It was all in jest, well not the plank walking! Mwahaha

Yeah, my post wasn't meant as a rant at you personally. It just surprises me some folks will write off a company when a game doesn't come to their platform of choice. Exclusives are nothing new...
It's a bit easier at least for me with rockstar, since their obviously a bunch of jerks. Not only the way they handle PC ports, but GTA is a good example too. Their stories suck because they give no option to be neutral or good. They force being a villain on players. I'm not saying take away all the villain aspects but not even offering a neutral, that's complete dickishness. Protest

While I don't have any scientific info, to me it seems like exclusives are slowly dying.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 20:19 Acleacius

That's true about unemployment, Retired. Hope I'm getting the names and dates at least close here....There are 2 reports on employment issue by the government (bureau of labor statistics) each quarter(?).

Iirc, E2 and E4. Politicians started quoting E2 instead of E4 for the first time in 1995ish. It monitors employment for the last 6 months, instead of everyone, i.e. E4. It helped Corporations hide the lose of lots of jobs going overseas from NAFTA, in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Bush/congress used it exclusively in 2000s and Obama/congress has continued it.

News Comments > Accounting VR Game for Free
13. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 20:04 Acleacius

Thanks HoSpanky appreciate the tips...

Guess, I'll get around to trying it one day, but as an uninformed gamer it just seems like everything you described has/could been done with a keyboard. In a sense, we have full z axis way back with Decent and my/most mouse movements are/can be extremely sensitive. I'm not saying it would be exactly the same, but with the skilled developers in the world, it just seems probable it could be done. Hell, I bet there are people working on hacks. Even though I've never even looked into it, but maybe it doesn't really matter if the developer doesn't care enough to bother.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 17:04 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 16:20:
I stopped watching Luke Cage when they started talking about magical alien bullets

a guy who is invulnerable and who goes up against normal mooks with guns will never be thrilling. And like nin, the musical act of the week is just so frikking boring. A comic book nerd colleague of mine says it's very much in line with the comics, though, since that was all blaxploitation (is that even a word?), so whatever.

There's plenty better stuff to watch. At least Iron Fist is looking good.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I made it through 6 episodes, but couldn't finish it. I really wanted to like it, too. I watched all the Daredevil and Jessica Jones. It was damn hard for me to watch intense abuse scenes in JJ, especially from a nigh unstoppable villain. Sniff

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 16:59 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 16:40:
He didn't eat a pepper, he ate pepper puree put on a burger. It wasn't so much the pepper (read the article) but all hard core vomiting he did after eating it.
That's the trick many of these restaurants use with trying to get publicity. They make sure there's lots of oil and other things to intensify the heat. That way they rarely ever have to give away a free meal, in these challenges.

11. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 16:55 Acleacius

Quboid and GabaJohnson, thanks good to know. Salute

Dagnamit, seriously? It's not like profit ever interest developers. I really appreciate you going to all the trouble of using your keyboard. Thankfully it's included with your setup, otherwise imagine the rest of us here the dark. Giggle

4. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 13:24 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 12:32:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 11:34:
I must be missing something obvious and asking a dumb question here but why do VR games require a VR headset? Doesn't it just give the perception of 3D. It's not like a room isn't a room, in a VR game. It seems more like deciding whether you want speakers or headphones, the game will still play.

Remember all the shitty Kinect games? Yup, that's why.
Oh damn too bad, thanks. You figure developers and publishers would be smarter. I don't know much about it but remember movies doing 3D with special glasses. At least they had intelligence to target everyone with potential sales, not just those that put out for the glasses. It's hard to believe they aren't smart enough to develop a non VR interface. Rolleyes

1. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 11:34 Acleacius

I must be missing something obvious and asking a dumb question here but why do VR games require a VR headset? Doesn't it just give the perception of 3D. It's not like a room isn't a room, in a VR game. It seems more like deciding whether you want speakers or headphones, the game will still play.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 01:49 Acleacius

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 16:48:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 15:09:
Btw eRe4s3r remember ... Bernard's line during Skype? Think the direct quote is “tough to get a line out here,”

This seems to completely discount your theory.

Well yeah that line makes you wonder, but it could also mean they are in the arctic or underwater. Or even on a spacestation... Moon and Mars have much lower gravity than Earth, you might build everything heavier to compensate, but this would not explain why "customers" aren't jumping around everwhere
Maybe that's why the... the bullets bounce off?

You could easily be correct, who knows what their version of Earth looks like in 50 years. This and the MIB are still the biggest mysteries.

It's Nolan and he is defiantly doing Time shifting, maybe not Memento shifting but something. Those final scenes with Dolores at the ranch and it's impossible atm to tell which shift is present and which is past. It's like all her memories are bleeding together. So in theory she could be meeting William and Logan 30 years ago or in the present as we know it. I.e. with Bernard who was NOT there 30 years ago.

Thing is, anytime there have been memories shown in the past, whether dreams or awake, we see them observing them not physically reenacting them. So we must be with Dolores in the present, which would mean William and Logan are in the present.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 20:25 Acleacius

Kxmode wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 11:28:
Black Mirror. Is it good?
Freaking bizarre. The first one is dark twisted political drama thriller, but you can't unsee it.

It's the only thing I can think of without spoiling it.

57. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 20:19 Acleacius

I did hear a little bit about that, but figured they would have you guys fixed up by now. That sucks Urk  

48. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 17:51 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 17:23:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 16:08:
As for that traitorous, sellout scoundrel nin, he needs to walk the plank! Off with you, scallywag! Bat Giggle Ahoy

As I've said before, I'm a gamer, and I don't limit myself to one platform. If it's awesome, I want to play it...

In addition to a pc, I've owned a 2600, a nes, a genesis, a ps1, an atari jaguar (egad!), a dreamcast, a gamecube, a 360, a GBA, and a DS.

Why limit yourself to one platform?

It was all in jest, well not the plank walking! Mwahaha
I really don't care what kind of game anyone plays or what platform, just seemed funny to tease you about it. Personally, I don't believe in proprietary crap like console only any more than PC only. The only real world downside is getting sales keeps douches like rockstar from developing for all platforms.

I've only ever tried a console a couple of times. Once for original Halo at release(lazy aiming was nauseating), Boxing (beat a veteran, first time I played cause I blocked and he didn't) and some sexy golf game. The mechanics are too prehistoric for me to really enjoy myself. I was weened on Coop and deathmatch lan, from back in the serial cable and termination resistor days.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 16:22 Acleacius

Westworld... I might have spoken too soon on MIB. I've just seen a new theory about Maeve not being in William's timeline. I haven't been able to check. Also, I did see the preview where Lawrence, Dolores, William and Logan are together.  

41. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 16:08 Acleacius

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 15:36:
VaranDragon wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 14:30:
nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 09:39:
AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

I'll let you guys know how awesome it is!

I'm sure it will be, but it's Rockstar's loss ultimatively.

Is it?

They're the ones with the full knowledge of how much it would take to build, test, market and launch the game for the PC at the same time as consoles, as well as with a strong understanding of how much money they'd make for having done that.

This is just a small group of PC gamers going "well, they won't get my $60."

I'd wager it's more the loss of people who only game on one platform than anything else.
Maybe you could have gotten away with that theory 10-15 years ago, but the statistical is now available. m$ is now claiming they love PC and trying to make all their games available on both. Sony is slowly but finally coming around, offering their some of their biggest console only titles to monthly subscribers.

As for that traitorous, sellout scoundrel nin, he needs to walk the plank! Off with you, scallywag! Bat Giggle Ahoy

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 15:09 Acleacius

Btw eRe4s3r remember ... Bernard's line during Skype? Think the direct quote is “tough to get a line out here,”

This seems to completely discount your theory.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 14:58 Acleacius

I do like the whole 'You bastards, they killed Kenny' theme! Mwahaha  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 14:51 Acleacius

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 14:33:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 14:08:
Westworld....It might be obvious but just in case there is any doubt, the MIB can't be William. Dolores interacts with Bernard, who wasn't at the park 30 years ago (established by Ford and Bernard, episode 1). Not only that but Dolores then has gone on to interact with William and Logan current time (well what I consider current, starting precognition).

My theory of location if it's taking place during the 21st century, is the moon. As Jonathan slipped during a behind the scenes, then his wife Lisa got all snarky with him. There's no way we could colonize much less travel easily to Mars this century. It would also, explain why they keep complaining about Flies. They complain, because there shouldn't be any. So they must be someplace, in a wide open WORLD, where there are no flies. So it's not like it's some clean room that has an infestation, it must be much larger scale, a world. The only world(like) near enough to possibly travel without too much trouble in 50 years, is the Moon.

That seems like a huge logical jump ;p Imo it can just as well be underground on Earth. This would explain their water problem fairly well...
Maybe but why would it be a surprise and discussions about it being an infestation if it's under earth? It's seems most logical they would absolutely follow if they are under earth. Because they are already localized.

It's definitely 'down' somewhere. When he opens the door, walks in, then you can see the door close and elevator going down.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 14:08 Acleacius

Westworld....It might be obvious but just in case there is any doubt, the MIB can't be William. Dolores interacts with Bernard, who wasn't at the park 30 years ago (established by Ford and Bernard, episode 1). Not only that but Dolores then has gone on to interact with William and Logan current time (well what I consider current, starting precognition).

My theory of location if it's taking place during the 21st century, is the moon. As Jonathan slipped during a behind the scenes, then his wife Lisa got all snarky with him. There's no way we could colonize much less travel easily to Mars this century. It would also, explain why they keep complaining about Flies. They complain, because there shouldn't be any. So they must be someplace, in a wide open WORLD, where there are no flies. So it's not like it's some clean room that has an infestation, it must be much larger scale, a world. The only world(like) near enough to possibly travel without too much trouble in 50 years, is the Moon.

News Comments > Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling
13. Re: Valve on Illegal Skin Gambling Oct 18, 2016, 13:21 Acleacius

Think I see what your saying ViRGE, but not sure I fully follow. My biggest problem is I don't play any of these games. I never touch anything to do with VAC or competitions. I don't see any economy other than dlc, which no other developer/publisher is required to monitor for trading, anywhere in the world.

Don't get wrong, I've got no dog in this fight. Except the small selfishness of not seeing Valve dragged into some massive global class action suit, for invasion of privacy. Mainly because it would probably effect/affect Steam in a very negative way. Especially in the long run, not to mention potentially, in very scary ways.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2016, 13:07 Acleacius

That's one hot pumpkin, Marilyn makes me feel all funny inside! Gorgeous  

4407 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo