Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4621 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 11:48 Acleacius

I'm having a great time with MorrOblivion, Morrowind modded to work in the Oblivion engine. You can travel between the two, using the same character, by ship. You can even ride and swim there if you have the correct mods installed. One of the things I hated more than the level scaling in Oblivion was the leveling system, still used from Morrowind. MorrOblivion is perfectly compatible with Oblivion XP, so now you can get XP for killing and quests. Lighter  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
12. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 13:49 Acleacius

Wesp5 wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 12:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 10:30:
Hl1 for us came later and if you had seen Unreal 1 first, HL1 was really ugly to look at actually.

Maybe, but for me the setting, story and gameplay was much better in HL with all the cool scripted sequences and NPCs! Unreal on the other hand just dragged on and on and on...

But I agree that there was something about these old games that I am missing with new titles. I've been playing HL and HL2 levels for years and just recently discovered that the Doom and Duke Nukem 3D community is still active too, like with the Duke Forces release recently. If the gameplay is great I actually don't care much how ugly it looks :)!
That's true, HL really nailed 'the story' better than any other FPS games before it. Lighter

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2017, 14:01.

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
6. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 11:41 Acleacius

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 10:30:
It was available in Germany since day 0 though, just had to know how to ask the store clerk Every single pc shop that was worth anything had these (uncensored) boxes with a glaring red "do not sell to minors" "under the counter" and I am not kidding

Btw, HL1 was ok, Unreal 1 was better I will never forget that starting flyover over that that castle with particle torches and reflections, water and everything. That was one of the defining moments for me, and everyone that saw it (had 2 friends over back then for the first go at the game) got sucked in and stuck to pc gaming ever since. Hl1 for us came later and if you had seen Unreal 1 first, HL1 was really ugly to look at actually.
Your making me swoon, for the good ole days (16 whole years ago ). You forgot one giant signification moment, first time we walked outside, after being stuck inside and underground for years before. Lighter

Funny I was just posting this in Steam HL forums about why Unreal and Duke Nukem 3D were better than HL and HL 2, because of Coop. I've been having a blast playing Black Mesa and just about to finish HL 2, atm. Highfive

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Re: Sunday Previews Apr 24, 2017, 17:50 Acleacius

They want $60 for the Bear fighting pet, the collectors edition upgrade is the cheapest price, atm.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 24, 2017, 08:00 Acleacius

Oh I agree with you, it's why I specifically listed Local and State. Though I really don't know how the Federals will act, without a doubt it would be sad if it's worst than Obama. Pot Legalization is more popular than drumpf and got more votes iirc. Protest

:OmgCan'tBelieveBlueStillDoesn'tHavePotSmilies:

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 24, 2017, 01:29 Acleacius

Doesn't 2K own, take two, I figured they would be making the decision.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 24, 2017, 01:19 Acleacius

panbient wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 20:49:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 19:41:
I think we're getting to the point where court rulings for things like this are ultimately pointless. "You can't have subtitles because they're illegal!" "Uh, so? I can download them from a server hosted where it isn't illegal."

How does this make any sense? It's like saying you won't be busted for having pot because you bought it in a state where it was legal to purchase as if it trumps possession laws.
No it's not, you can't be arrested for pot in a state where it's legal, by state and local authorities. Legal allows possession. So who's not making sense?

Secondly, this is a district court and in one country (out of 180+), not precedent by any means. It's only a punch to the gut IF, there are no international legal scholars, joining in the appeal.

I use subtitles, I hate missing a key word in a mystery or when alternate languages are used. Along the lines of The Expanse creating the Belter language. Afaik, many subtitles are only available for certain languages because of these sites. Meaning more people can enjoy these shows, which means more profits.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2017, 12:12 Acleacius

If you seriously can't find a reality based source for your information, it doesn't mean the propaganda is true. It might be the places your looking. Giggle

It took about 17 months for the FBI to complete it's Watergate investigation and bring charges. So it's quite unlikely Treason investigation of a sitting president will go faster.

News Comments > Activision Classics on Steam
20. Re: Activision Classics on Steam Apr 22, 2017, 06:32 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 22:35:
Keep in mind this vampire game is NOT the one that gets updated all the time. This is the really old one before that.
Actually it is updated and pretty much finalized. Almost everything is optional and you should really spend 10 or 15 minutes reading and setting up for your preference. You can even play the Main Story in 4 person Coop.

Age of Redemption 2015 v1.3 LAUNCHED

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2017, 05:40 Acleacius

Apparently Simon can't read, not only is there evidence, every US intelligence agency (that's 15 agencies, 16 if you count a secret one) has said it was Russians. So apparently Simon is providing cover for the Russians or so delusional reality no longer applies, i.e. he's from fake news coalition psyops.

Hi Simon, say hi to all our comrades! Sarcasticclap

News Comments > Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month
8. Re: Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae Next Month Apr 21, 2017, 17:15 Acleacius

I really distrust reality pimp. Pimp

First they promised Coop for Two Worlds, never released. Then they promised an editor and afai can tell, they setup a faux registration to get it but afaik no one ever did. Now I've heard they did better on Two Worlds II and I'm glad some of you are happy.

Don't get me started on Raven's Cry. Iirc, the two pump chumps got caught faking reviews on Steam, trying to pump up Raven's Cry. They are still trying to charge $50 US for the buggy mess.

News Comments > ELEX Trailer
1. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 21, 2017, 10:47 Acleacius

I've love all PB games, sure hope this new IP turns out good! Fingerscrossed  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 21, 2017, 04:46 Acleacius

'Regional Pricing' is a big issue now, so I'm not so sure it can easily be ignored. Just like drug companies publishers want to ignore this because it cuts into their profit forecasts.

At least here in the US, since 'the dick and bush, world economic crash of 2007' we mostly lost the middle class. Most of the wealth has been moved out of the public sector, so our economy is essentially 2nd world now.

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
13. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 21, 2017, 01:45 Acleacius

Wonder why they didn't patch this to COOP, like SR3 and SR4.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 17, 2017, 22:45 Acleacius

Tencent is holding plenty of cards with Kim Kardashian: Hollywood! Coughing  

News Comments > BloodLust 2 - Nemesis Announced
3. Re: BloodLust 2 - Nemesis Announced Apr 17, 2017, 12:51 Acleacius

It caused me to try and find the original, BloodLust Shadowhunter. It completely slipped past my radar and had been out for 2 1/2 years. It had a surprisingly good rating of "very good" and turns out it was made by one guy. Indie, good rating and vampire, so defiantly going on my wishlist for first sale..... Lighter  

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2017, 17:57 Acleacius

TheLeech wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 16:23:
I think you and I are on the same page.

My post was directed at the idea that weight, size, or strength can be overcome with "soft spots and gravity" or special techniques.

For movies, I'm willing to suspend disbelief.
Right, because Judo and Aikido (also every nationalities derivative)didn't exist for 100s of years before you were born, to set the world strait. Oh wait another delusion, I get it, you were just testing me. Hahaha_no

13. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2017, 17:54 Acleacius

TheLeech wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 08:57:
Acleacius wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 04:49:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 23:43:
Beamer wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 22:19:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 22:16:
I'm not sure Charlize Theron really has the physical presence to be doing that much martial arts work, but what are you going to do, Hollywood rarely hires unknowns.

Did you see Fury Road?

Yeah, I love that film, and as somebody who has been doing martial arts for about 15 years now, I found the sequences where she fought Tom Hardy relatively evenly, with only one arm, and down about 60 pounds, to be pretty embarassing to good fight choreography. Gun Play is a different story of course.

Training and speed help, viciousness/determination helps, but if you are giving up a 60-100 pound muscle advantage to the opponent, it starts to put fights out of reach.

Not that I am expecting the most realistic fight scenes ever or something, and I'll probably still see this, but I KNOW there are more physically adept actresses out there. Do they have Theron's acting chops, or fame? Well.....

I got to disagree about 60-100 pounds, really means nothing in martial arts. It's not boxing where your trying to out last body beating, it's about soft spots and using gravity.

When you stop dancing around in pajamas and get involved in a martial art that incorporates sparring against a resisting opponent, you'll quickly realize why weight classes exist.
Right, when you wake up from your fantasy delusion, of something dancing around pajamas and you are so awesome you beat it because 'size matters', let us know. Giggle

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2017, 11:25 Acleacius

Steelcamp wrote on Apr 14, 2017, 10:27:
There is a firefox plug in for that
Any idea the name of the plug in? Thanks.

Edit: NM, did it manually in the console.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2017, 11:47.

9. Re: Into the Black Apr 14, 2017, 04:49 Acleacius

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 23:43:
Beamer wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 22:19:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 13, 2017, 22:16:
I'm not sure Charlize Theron really has the physical presence to be doing that much martial arts work, but what are you going to do, Hollywood rarely hires unknowns.

Did you see Fury Road?

Yeah, I love that film, and as somebody who has been doing martial arts for about 15 years now, I found the sequences where she fought Tom Hardy relatively evenly, with only one arm, and down about 60 pounds, to be pretty embarassing to good fight choreography. Gun Play is a different story of course.

Training and speed help, viciousness/determination helps, but if you are giving up a 60-100 pound muscle advantage to the opponent, it starts to put fights out of reach.

Not that I am expecting the most realistic fight scenes ever or something, and I'll probably still see this, but I KNOW there are more physically adept actresses out there. Do they have Theron's acting chops, or fame? Well.....

I got to disagree about 60-100 pounds, really means nothing in martial arts. It's not boxing where your trying to out last body beating, it's about soft spots and using gravity.

4621 Comments. 232 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo