Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4497 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 24, 2017, 10:43 Acleacius

With your cunning wit and laser like focus of fact based conceptual continuity, I'm surprised more people haven't taken you up on your De-Fact-O offer. Giggle

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans
8. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 20, 2017, 13:03 Acleacius

Wesp5 wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 12:39:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 11:49:
If Cyanide are as bad as you make them sound, then maybe Paradox wants to stay far away.

Didn't they make the Styx goblin-as-hero stealth game? I never played it, but had the impression that it wasn't too bad.

Also, it's hard not to hope when 90% of the Bloodlines team is working at Obsidian and they are always looking for more work. Lighter

As far as I know only two mayor guys from Troika, Cain and Boyarsky, are working at Obsidian and they are probably busy with Pillars of Eternity II...

Think so yes, I've never played it either and never heard it was bad. I guess they could have Leon and Tim working on PoE II but honestly, that game already has a team and really all it needed was better writing, well imo.

Well, you also know Brain (and Annie) who work as a contractors for Obsidian. Iirc, several of the non-owners (programmers and such) from Troika now work at Obsidian. All the pieces are in place and as mentioned Obsidian is always looking for new projects. Aamof, it has been the lack of steady contracts that has hurt Obsidian the most. It's caused them to have to layoff people.

Personally I think it's why Chis is out doing so much contract work now. They probably could afford to hire 3-5 people for his salary. I mean his salary was well deserved but still in the context of getting a budget under control it was probably pretty big.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 11:56 Acleacius

His name is drumpf, stop using his stage name you heathens! Giggle  

3. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 20, 2017, 11:49 Acleacius

Probably, unintentional sarcasm or just mud on my face. I was actually just commenting about Paradox and don't know anything about Focus or Cyanide. Guess this could have been a deal already in the works. If Cyanide are as bad as you make them sound, then maybe Paradox wants to stay far away.

I've just got high hopes for Paradox after winning one of the oldest and most popular game franchises in history. Also, it's hard not to hope when 90% of the Bloodlines team is working at Obsidian and they are always looking for more work. Lighter

1. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 20, 2017, 10:44 Acleacius

Hopefully, Paradox is probably trying to avoid the giant corporate publisher (activision, atari, ea, zeni and ubi) curse. By letting WW, Focus and Cyanide handle things it gives a more independent and uncorrupted by pure greed of corporate cookie cutter game development.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 19, 2017, 00:10 Acleacius

Saboth wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 22:05:
I used to support Wikileaks and Assange's goal, but that was before I learned they leak very specific information in order to influence public opinion, sway elections, and that they are working with dictators and malcontents to accomplish goals such as undermining democracy. The USA wasn't the first country that had its election influenced by these leaks. If Wikileaks was truly about total transparency from all sides, that would be an admirable goal, but they are picking and choosing who they ally with, they are sitting on information that would hurt sides that they want to win instead of releasing it, and their allies are not always honorable or just.
That's true. Afaik, the only concern is whether Assange should be subjected to torture. Clearly it's on the table in the new administration.

At least by the laws here in the US, for more than a hundred years before bush and dick it was outlawed, in theory. Hell, even Nazi's were given amnesty for Truth and Reconciliation at Nuremberg. A lot of people don't care because they hate him or cause he's a dick. Of course this violates Constitutional and Bill of Rights here in the US. It's because the same logic of Hate, can 'then' be used against anyone.

Beside our Constitution's 6th Commandment protects someone's right to be an asshole. Just like the 4th Amendment to the 10 Commandments. Giggle

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2017, 21:26 Acleacius

Sort of a hit piece against Assange? They can't be seriously believe someone drump appoints (jeff sessions) would not torture Assange. Solitary among other things, such as water boarding clearly proven to be a favorite of the psychotic and psychopathic gop.

Assange is pretty confident he can win in court. The problem is drump can't be trusted to let it get to court without Assange being physically abused. Not to mention, that's not really what his lawyer said.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2017, 12:27 Acleacius

Think that includes the shipment of 25 million, found at the bottom of the ocean. m$ accidentally detonated some c4 which was somehow installed before the ship left port. It's a complete mystery.  

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2017, 23:35 Acleacius

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 22:01:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 20:48:
THANK YOU OBAMA!!! Edward Snowden should have been on that list.

President Obama will be known as one of the greatest Presidents in the history of the United States and drumpf will be nothing but an ugly forgotten footnote.

You are a POS and whats wrong with this country. its people like u and your stupid ass thinking thats gotten this country to its knees. Fucking moron!! These people committed treason, do you have any fucking clue what that is or what that means??
At first thought you were trying to be ironically funny. They exposed treason, i.e whistle blowers. Is there a single piece of verifiable evidence, they are not whistle blowers? Link please.

"Because someone said so" doesn't count. Actual verifiable legal evidence. We are talking about treason, that's based on facts.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 23:21 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 22:03:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 21:41:
nin wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 21:01:
As fucked up as it sounds, I enjoyed the flash sales and checking in, even for that insane deal at 2 in the morning...

I buy a lot more at gog now anyway...back to collecting the classics.

Yup, sorry RedEye9, I'm with Nin here. Flash sales forced people to participate to get good deals and was often a community event. Everyone knows the real reason Steam stopped was because of the return policy. If it's not now, soon be will internationally enforced, after the Australian legal decision.
Nothing to be sorry about, I just never found a sale to be a community event. And I sure as heck ain't ruining a nights sleep to save a dollar. Life's too short for such games. But that's just me.
Well your lucky if you can sleep, personally I wouldn't know the pleasure of sleep. Also you clearly didn't catch the GOG Insomnia sales, where lots of people were in thread. They tracking and counting sales each hour and prepping for the ones everyone wanted because there was a limited supply. Not to mention you got random free games from the sale and had a limited time to claim otherwise you would lose it.

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
18. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 17, 2017, 23:16 Acleacius

Don't think login is required if you don't install experience, i.e. drivers only, correct?  

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2017, 21:57 Acleacius

Hell, it could be justified just on Human Rights abuses alone.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 17, 2017, 21:41 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 21:01:
As fucked up as it sounds, I enjoyed the flash sales and checking in, even for that insane deal at 2 in the morning...

I buy a lot more at gog now anyway...back to collecting the classics.

Yup, sorry RedEye9, I'm with Nin here. Flash sales forced people to participate to get good deals and was often a community event. Everyone knows the real reason Steam stopped was because of the return policy. If it's not now, soon be will internationally enforced, after the Australian legal decision.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details
9. Re: Conan Exiles Server and Mod Support Details Jan 14, 2017, 19:36 Acleacius

At first it sounded like another pvp only game. After asking in the steam forums, sounds like servers don't even have to turn pvp on, yay!

At least now I can keep an eye on this, without wondering if it would be another rip off like h1z1, dayz or any of the other pvp only games trying to trick pve players just to get sales.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
20. Re: ME newbie. Jan 6, 2017, 03:45 Acleacius

Ant wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 21:43:
Do we need to play ME1 to understand ME2's story?
Ieeeeee...you what...never played ME! Faint

Unless you specifically have a reason not to play it, you really should. You can get a nice package on Steam with ME and ME II for under $8 during sales.

Even though it's consoley, it's got a pretty good story and acting. On the downside, it's frustrating to be forced to use a cover system and the gear modding is annoying. The only 'story dlc' for ME is free and ME II you get about 30% of the dlc in the package. You should defiantly avoid buying any extra dlc from ea/origins unless you've got a goose who lays golden eggs. Saying they are overpriced 6 years later, is saying the flu is a random sneeze. ea has been in full exploit mode, about ME II dlc for 6 damn years.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2017, 18:30 Acleacius

You could resolve to eat more pizza, cause it counts as a vegetable?  

News Comments > Firewatch Sells 1M
7. Re: Firewatch Sells 1M Jan 4, 2017, 18:26 Acleacius

Gratz on their success, good to see a small team of experienced developers moving away from publishers.

It's more of a story/walking simulator to me, the choices don't mean much at all and has a poor ending. It's an interesting story, if your into that sort of thing. There's no real need to ever play it again, once you know what's going on. It's not like you can improve on your game experience.

The biggest Independent developer surprise hit, for me was Survivalist. Even though it's two years old, it was new to me and couldn't stop playing it. Lighter

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
20. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 21:09 Acleacius

Wait, doesn't that make star citizen the greatest game? Just because it hasn't released yet shouldn't matter, just ask the developers! Giggle  

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
9. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Dec 30, 2016, 13:23 Acleacius

Never played borderlands because it was gearbox. The only respect I've ever had for gearbox was from Opposing Force and Blue Force, which was all lost after halo.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 17:24 Acleacius

Happy Holidays, everyone! Party2

Netflix picks up Travelers, airs entire season 1 before network season ends.

4497 Comments. 225 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo