Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4632 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
5. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 00:16 Acleacius

Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:16:
fucking knew they would make this Shit 10 exclusive. Fuck U M$

+1

I had no idea they were that Fning Stupid. They will lose 40% of their sales minimum.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Silver on Steam
3. Re: Silver on Steam Jun 3, 2017, 09:44 Acleacius

I remember this too, was my first JRPG back in the stoneage. That last boss fight, yikes. As much as I do like Steam, these older games are their weak spot. It takes more than just having it in your store, it matters whether it actually works. I got it on GOG a few years back, where they actually get older games working.  

News Comments > The Long Journey Home Begins
1. Re: The Long Journey Home Begins Jun 1, 2017, 06:37 Acleacius

Damn, I really wanted to like this and maybe they'll fix it in the future but, the Shuttle (mining and such) probably has the worst control/gameplay I've seen in 25 years of PC gaming. It's certainly possible a controller could prevent the ridiculously bad design. Yet if your K/M player such as myself, I don't see this being any fun.

Actually it's worst than not fun, it's frustrating and irritating. I thought maybe it was just me. Even though I play video games at least an hour a day. So, I even tried it for about 15 min with a simulated god mod, trying to get the hang of it. It only gets worst, because you think you will get used to it, learn it like every other video game. Nope, it never gets better. I've never been so glad of refunds on Steam.

News Comments > Prevent The Fall Early Access
1. Re: Prevent The Fall Early Access May 29, 2017, 15:50 Acleacius

At least these developers are smart enough to not do VR only game. Gawd, can't tell you how dumb that shit is, considering less 10% of gamers have VR. Ucrazy  

News Comments > EVERSPACE Launches
27. Re: EVERSPACE Launches May 27, 2017, 20:16 Acleacius

ItBurn wrote on May 27, 2017, 11:29:
Acleacius wrote on May 27, 2017, 06:41:
Yes, I'd rather have open world with actual missions/quests. Sadly, so far no ones been able to get that Elder Scrolls adventure 'wanderlust' yet in space.

Have you played Freelancer? Because that's what you're talking about.
I started it once, about 7 years ago. I got distracted by New Vegas and completely forgot about it. Thought I had it on GOG but doesn't seem available or on Steam. I must have it on disk around here somewhere. Any idea why it hasn't been listed on GOG yet?

16. Re: EVERSPACE Launches May 27, 2017, 06:41 Acleacius

Yes, I'd rather have open world with actual missions/quests. Sadly, so far no ones been able to get that Elder Scrolls adventure 'wanderlust' yet in space.  

11. Re: EVERSPACE Launches May 27, 2017, 01:51 Acleacius

There's actually Perk(s) to allow you to recover lost items from a previous death. You have to remember what sector and map you were in. Story wise you don't lose anything, the story continues once you pass your previous death and hit the next story marker. If I had to choose the most important thing, it would be cash/credits. You don't lose your cash and cash is what you use to upgrade everything.

Sadly you have to die at least once to even get to see the Perk list to upgrade.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
47. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 18:06 Acleacius

Far Cry 5: The Crusades!  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 24, 2017, 12:49 Acleacius

I saw the link from this page to the Hottest Lara Crofts and couldn't believe Cassandra Ebner wasn't number one on the list. In case you guys don't remember she's the one who made the amazing Croft - Fan Film about 4 years ago (Blue posted it).  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2017, 14:15 Acleacius

Red wrote on May 17, 2017, 11:44:
Acleacius wrote on May 17, 2017, 10:56:
I'm not sure whether to laugh or be horrified.
Depends on how big Adam Sandler's role in it is.
Lmao! Mwahaha

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 17, 2017, 10:56 Acleacius

I'm not sure whether to laugh or be horrified.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2017, 11:40 Acleacius

Does anyone know why Starz would be preventing American Gods episode 4 promo/preview from airing in the US? Everytime I try to watch a preview, it tells me "blocked in your country". No I haven't tried a free vpn yet, just wondering why block a promo shown at the end of last weeks episode, in a country where it airs.

Thanks

This comment was edited on May 16, 2017, 11:53.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 16:50 Acleacius

I always thought Southern Comfort was underrated. Had Boothe, Carradine and Ward all such great character actors.  

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale
32. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 14, 2017, 12:07 Acleacius

NetHead wrote on May 14, 2017, 11:06:
Valid criticisms, I also dislike checkpoint saving, odd 3rd person view. The game also has other problems and had many more when new.

Though even back then pushing past the start and putting up with those things it was a really good game. Some great scary and intense moments. At this discount price it's more than worth it.

With the exception of American Nightmare, which is a total load of crap. The whole thing is a blatantly poor, shoddy, cheap, DLC area that they make you run around in, back and forth, over and over while nothing really happens. I'm not sure I could recommend that at free.

Gtk thanks, in case I do buy, main game only.

29. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 14, 2017, 02:32 Acleacius

Just an fyi, GOG is offering the same deal as Steam. Still haven't pulled the trigger on this due to the consolitis gameplay. After reading all the reviews, it's sort of shocking they never fixed the broken 3rd person view. I mean people say, you literally can't walk in a forward/strait line. Ucrazy  

22. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 11:43 Acleacius

MDB wrote on May 13, 2017, 10:40:
Acleacius wrote on May 13, 2017, 09:36:
Personally never played this due to consolitis and m$ boycottery. This might be the first m$ title I've played in more than a decade. I really loved Max Payne and Max Payne 2, but it still might be a bridge too far to give m$ any money.

The PC ports were self-published (and self-funded), if I'm not mistaken, so your conscience will be clear. It's definitely worth picking up at $4 if you have any interest at all.
Probably will, thanks for doubly good news.

I agree WaltC and loathe Checkpoint saves. Puke

15. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 09:36 Acleacius

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 13, 2017, 05:46:
Acleacius wrote on May 13, 2017, 02:15:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 12, 2017, 23:43:
What the hell, god damned RIAA bullshit!

Alan Wake does have some amazing music though. Time to download it from gog and burn a backup or 2.
Think you misunderstand, Steam or GOG can't take it away from you if you already own it. Well, unless I misunderstand.

They can update the game and strip music from it though.
Seriously, isn't that more if a court forces them to stop because they never had the rights to the music? In this case they did have rights, but lost due to not renewing costs. So they only lose the rights to sell more titles, with the music in question, correct? For example, I've still got the original Mafia on Steam, which is no longer for sale for the same reasons. Afaik, all the good music is still in the game.

Personally never played this due to consolitis and m$ boycottery. This might be the first m$ title I've played in more than a decade. I really loved Max Payne and Max Payne 2, but it still might be a bridge too far to give m$ any money.

11. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 13, 2017, 02:15 Acleacius

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 12, 2017, 23:43:
What the hell, god damned RIAA bullshit!

Alan Wake does have some amazing music though. Time to download it from gog and burn a backup or 2.
Think you misunderstand, Steam or GOG can't take it away from you if you already own it. Well, unless I misunderstand.

3. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale May 12, 2017, 21:35 Acleacius

Looks like the franchise is $40 US, so guess they are saying $4. Wonder if it will be pulled on GOG too. There doesn't seem to be any info there atm.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Game Master Mode May 10, 2017, 08:25 Acleacius

I'm in, as long as they don't break or destroy modding, as they did with Enhanced Edition.  

4632 Comments. 232 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo