Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4199 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > System Shock Remake Funded
2. Re: System Shock Remake Funded Jul 10, 2016, 12:38 Acleacius

Afaik, the EE was on their own dime and once they realized new engine possibilities, decided to do Kickstarter.  
Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Blood Revival Teasing
23. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 23:23 Acleacius

StrickNine wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 20:18:
Ahumado wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 15:56:
The level design was boring and re·pet·i·tive. The best level designs were in Redneck.

what?

you had a carnival, a train, a boat, a friday the 13th inspired campgrounds, a level in a city getting bombed and so much more. The first episode had some bland stuff, but it only got better from there.
Definitely fun, original and very creative level designs. Iirc, that was the first time a train or a boat was used as a level in a FPS. I can only hope the original creators from Q are part of the team. Fingerscrossed

Edit: No more drinking and posting for me! I see at least Nick Newhard is there, yay!

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2016, 00:18.

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

5. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 13:38 Acleacius

Great idea, Human Head could do a Kickstarter! Lighter

It's too damn bad, we can't get Heretic 2 on a digital site like GOG or Steam. At least I haven't been able to find it, yet.

Derp, I should have read my own post and learned, how to cipher like Jethro Bondine. I would have noticed, Blood was only about 2 months away from release, when Monolith bought the rights.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2016, 13:05 Acleacius

Good news, you and Gunner get well soon! Bed  

3. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 12:59 Acleacius

Blue wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 12:47:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 12:41:
Uggh, please don't screw this up, when they tried to make their own Blood (original was made by 3D Realms, iirc), Blood 2 was terrible.

Monolith was developer on both Blood games, though George and Scott from 3D Realms are credited as producers on the original.
Did you see this part, guess my memory is a bit off but 3D Realms always tried to help new developers get started. The 3 most successful were Blood, Shadow Warrior and Max Payne. In regards to Blood, it was near completion (iirc) with a year or less until release.
Development began at Q Studios, an independent developer funded by 3D Realms, in parallel with a number of other well-known titles. Following the success of Duke Nukem 3D, development progress was made public starting in June 1996 with weekly updates on their website. It was originally scheduled for release in early 1997. Q Studios was acquired by Monolith in November 1996. On January 22, 1997, a press release announced that all rights had been sold to Monolith[5] so that 3D Realms could focus efforts on Shadow Warrior, another Build engine game slated for release the same year.
At least imo, why there was so much discrepancy in quality between Blood and Blood 2.

1. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 12:41 Acleacius

Uggh, please don't screw this up, when they tried to make their own Blood (original was made by 3D Realms, iirc), Blood 2 was terrible.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
3. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Jul 8, 2016, 20:05 Acleacius

Damn, bet this means no naked skins, since texmod only runs in dx9, iirc. Crying  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 6, 2016, 22:22 Acleacius

Think this is the first negative report I've given about TESO and I've play since pre-release. Feel free to correct me if I get this wrong but...I would have recommended it to any Elder Scrolls fan before the Dark Brotherhood update, but not any more.

I've been very disappointed by the Dark Brotherhood. Hell, you could call it blasphemy it breaks lore so badly. And they have changed the leveling system for the worst. Especially, if your someone who enjoys leveling by questing. Afaik, the only people who would enjoy the new system are pvp players, who ignore content and just XP grind. Oh and Botters, who sell accounts.

Yes, they would love the new system too. I've used Fast Report to report at least 75 botters over the years. You can see them 3 or 4, running in the exact same patterns killing mobs. In the new leveling system, it's ACCOUNT based not your toons. Once you hit 50, if you account is 501, then your level 50 gets bumped up to essentially 65 automatically. Wearing the highest level gear in the game, without ever doing anything for it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 6, 2016, 17:11 Acleacius

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:00:
What a left-wing, uneducated voting for corrupt politicians, thing to say...I guess some would rather vote for lying above the law politicians like Hillary. Wait, maybe I should have made this into a signature so Blue won't get offended? lol

"Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you."
I admire your perspicacity, like jesus, buddha, gandhi and einstein all rolled into one but awesome to leik 11! Worship

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 10:59 Acleacius

Woo hoo, TEQUILA! Cheerleading Drunk2  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 6, 2016, 00:52 Acleacius

Too many came prematurely, not enough front or back doors to handle them all.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 6, 2016, 00:47 Acleacius

Any word on an Amazon Summer sale yet? Maybe the last chance for good video game prices, well unless Greenman does one too.  

News Comments > Nox for Free
5. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 12:18 Acleacius

Yeah, I had a fun time with it back in the day and was pretty cool when they released the COOP patch. I've got it on GOG and would much rather pay for it than have an origin account.

I really can't remember how it works...think technically I've got a origin account but never installed their software. Iirc, I had to have an account to play SWTOR, but bought the dvd version. Probably have to have their software installed to do anything, now days.

News Comments > Nox for Free
2. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 11:53 Acleacius

Tried this?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jul 2, 2016, 10:32 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 00:02:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 23:45:
Sadly, never change price, just different front page listings, each day.
Kinda takes the fun out of it...
So true, as much as I hate to admit it...I can remember times when waking in the middle of the night was for bathroom breaks and Steam Flash sales! Highfive

Edit: Did Amazon even have a summer sale?

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2016, 11:24.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 1, 2016, 23:45 Acleacius

Sadly, never change price, just different front page listings, each day.  

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Announced
13. Re: BioShock: The Collection Announced Jun 30, 2016, 17:11 Acleacius

In regards to the free upgrades, I'm not sure owning Infinite will matter, doesn't it say "Infinite will not be upgrade, since it meets current standards"? Or am I missing something, are they giving Infinite dlc for free if you own it?

Thanks

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
19. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 16:37 Acleacius

I didn't post IGN numbers for credibility, just first thing that pops up on google! Damn nerds! Giggle  

4. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 12:30 Acleacius

Damn, IGN gives it 4.9 and Mediacritic 5.4, that's too bad.  

2. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 10:52 Acleacius

Same here, the video was seriously off putting.  

4199 Comments. 210 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo