Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4234 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jun 18, 2015, 02:54 Acleacius

You guys are right, Steam and GOG sale both have been underwhelming. Where the hell are all the other sales like Amazon and GreenManGaming.  
Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
17. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 18, 2015, 01:05 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 22:18:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 22:09:
I can still see the yellow filter.

As it should be. Crank that as well!

It would be fine if it wasn't being used to obscure the draw distance and poor quality textures. It really should have been optional, then you guys could have used it at your pleasure. It's basically yellow bloom, which I don't like/use bloom anyway.

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video
10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Engine Video Jun 17, 2015, 22:09 Acleacius

Aren't these all effects the PC had 4 years ago, when the console game human revolution was released and sold to PC gamers?

I can still see the yellow filter.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 16, 2015, 14:12 Acleacius

The washington times article has been shown to be fraudulent even the reporter who wrote it, couldn't defend it during his television interview.
Sunday Times reporter on Snowden story: We don’t have a clue!

So if the British or any other government are pulling out assets, then it's based a propaganda move to manipulate the public.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Announced
18. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Announced Jun 16, 2015, 10:09 Acleacius

Verno wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 08:47:
Really mixed on this because I loved the first game, by far one of my favorite games from last year but without Obsidian this has a high chance of sucking.
+1

Not to mention, even if it is decent Obsidian created the winning (imo, I really loved the game) format. In the press release ubi tries to claim credit for the success of the first, even though they had little to nothing to do with it.
“By successfully mixing outstanding comedy with excellent gameplay, South Park: The Stick of Truth created a game genre: the Comedy Role-Playing Game,” said Laurent Detoc, president at Ubisoft. “Our teams worked hard,.....

Additionally who are we all kidding here, there's a 90%+ chance it's going to include uplay, the BS drm.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes Jun 15, 2015, 19:42 Acleacius

Bad crash bug after patch, is being caused by 'hovering mouse over a recipe' in your inventory, in any area of the game.  

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
11. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 15, 2015, 17:56 Acleacius

So this time it's a publisher's money he will be taking then abandoning, instead of the customers. Unless they going to try to make this one funded by gullible customers in Early Access too.

Do Bookies take bets on this kinda thing? Pimp

News Comments > Mad Max Story Trailer
3. Re: Mad Max Story Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 17:41 Acleacius

Ugggh, some of those scenes look like they might be QTE during cutscenes. A quick google of 'mad max game qte' revels this sad tidbit:
If you've played any of WBIE's recent action games — the Batman Arkham titles or Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor — you already have a pretty good sense of what Savage Road is about. WBIE seems set on adopting the Ubisoft model of finding a successful game model and duplicating it across a wide array of titles. Where Ubi has managed to cram elements of Assassin's Creed into nearly its entire catalog, WBIE is building off the Arkham design. Lots of reactive borderline-QTE combat, open-world design, missions of varying types sprinkled about the environment.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Planned Changes Jun 15, 2015, 17:07 Acleacius

Today's US patch is 2.8 gig but I'm sure they will have Bear mounts for sale in the cash shop, in no time.

I'm surprised they are adding Dark Brotherhood before finishing Thieves Guild, unless the one World skill is all that's intended. It's a nice 'start' having the Justice System and the Legerdemain skill tree. Yet hard to believe it's all that's intended for Thieves Guild.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 11, 2015, 23:09 Acleacius

It's freaking ridiculous they have each game listed at least 3 times. I really hope I'm the only one who actually scrolls all the way down.

Ford Fairlane: Here's to you, Steam. Sucking my Wang Lo! Middlefinger

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
15. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 22:11 Acleacius

Task wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:17:
The first game was Doom with Ninjas basically. Good stuff.
Duke Nukem with Ninjas?

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Announced
1. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Announced Jun 11, 2015, 11:44 Acleacius

COOP is all they had to say to get me on aboard, dishing out some wang!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2015, 20:21 Acleacius

Found this ... Jaw-Dropping Visualization Will Give You New Respect For The Sheer Number Who Died In WWII  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 7, 2015, 20:11 Acleacius

At least zenimax was smart enough to put Fallout series games on sale this week, with the forthcoming Fallout 4 officially announcing. Unlike 2 weeks(?) ago when Mad Max was released, without a RAGE sale.  

News Comments > Skyforge Video
2. Re: Skyforge Video Jun 5, 2015, 17:15 Acleacius

Oh, I thought Obsidian was a consultant, not the actual developer. Weird choice of music playing in the background, not sure what kind of player base they are trying to appease.  

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
22. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 17:09 Acleacius

Any game company that willfully and arrogantly ignores PvE/Coop doesn't deserve any sympathy, when things go to chit.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
73. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 17:58 Acleacius

Asmodai wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 17:09:
The graphics can look like poo for all I care, what I'm concerned about is the rampant bugs in the previous titles...

... I am a huge Fallout fan and despite the issues of the graphics, this looks fantastic.
Fear & Loathing in New Vegas (Fallout NV) This is not for the faint of heart but it's the most advanced mod installation guide and it uses Mod Organizer. It uses the most highly rated mods and makes them compatible. You can add your own mods along the way, but with FNV you can NOT have more than 140 mods or you will corrupt your save games. Not to mention conflicting mods cause save corruption in general. I highly suggest your next game (or now if your seriously hardcore) do a complete reinstall using this guide. It could take 20+ hours, so I did mine over about a week.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
14. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 11:26 Acleacius

Thankfully they are not using some piece of crap engine like id tech. Looks ok for a bethesda console game but my guess the real reason they are keeping the same engine is for the community modding.  

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
24. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 17:27 Acleacius

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:40:
Unknown Soldier wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 15:38:
Please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online...

After the dismal failure known as ESO, I doubt they'd be silly enough to do that again.
Probably only considered dismal if it was thought to be something as powerful as WoW. On the other hand, it's quite busy in the game and they are still getting in the Steam top 10 sales list at least once a month.

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
6. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 13:51 Acleacius

Task wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:16:
Well there ya go folks, they heard your pleas finally.

For me though, unless Obsidian is writing it, I'll prolly pass on pre-ordering and get it way later.
Agreed, even in Skyrim their dialogues were average at best. The worst part is they clearly could afford good writers.

Bethesda seems capable of coming up with good story-lines. However their dialogues and character development can often, out right suck. In Obsidian games the npcs are for the most part, uniquely amazing and full of depth.

4234 Comments. 212 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo