Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4869 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Videos
16. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Videos Mar 4, 2017, 16:42 Acleacius

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 23:23:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 22:41:
It's interesting, with all the crap going on this week with denuvo failing, MEA is not listed as using it. Now if ea would stop being absolute nuck futs about dlc, they might achieve some smidgen of credibility.

it definitely has denuvo.. its the 3rd gen version too.. has its own virtual machine baked into the encryption
Strange, normally all titles even unreleased have been listed on the denuvo wikipedia page since it was developed. Not to mention the wikipedia page has started listing titles which are removing denuvo.

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Videos
2. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Videos Mar 3, 2017, 22:41 Acleacius

It's interesting, with all the crap going on this week with denuvo failing, MEA is not listed as using it. Now if ea would stop being absolute nuck futs about dlc, they might achieve some smidgen of credibility.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Gets Unreal
1. Re: System Shock Remake Gets Unreal Mar 2, 2017, 09:38 Acleacius

Damn, here's hoping System Shock 2 gets Unreal too!  

News Comments > Eschalon: Book I Turns 10, Goes Free
2. Re: Eschalon: Book I Turns 10, Goes Free Feb 28, 2017, 23:34 Acleacius

It's still not active on Steam, but is free on GOG.  

News Comments > The Secret World to Relaunch
4. Re: The Secret World to Relaunch Feb 28, 2017, 21:45 Acleacius

I was playing this again for several months through December, till I started having motherboard problems. Started a new character from scratch just to experience the game again, since I enjoy questing. I'll probably start another toon, just to check the new system in March. All my toons are on the RP server Arcadia, though servers don't really matter anymore for questing or dungeons.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2017, 19:21 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 16:21:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 11:13:
Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:04:
Why would the FCC be involved anyway? Antitrust is a matter for the DOJ.
Their job is to prevent and find conflicts of interest, before federal laws are broken. Since it's inception more than 100 years ago, it uses regulation to prevent crimes. Just like the FDA inspects and regulates food safety by setting standards and doing inspections. Of course all agencies have been undermined since the 1980s, by defunding so they can't do their job. It's based on increasing corporate profits and bankrupting the agencies so they can be overthrown, just like schools.

Why have the FDA? We have criminal laws to address that when someone dies of food poisoning.
Obviously they are the regulatory body and they conduct inspections. Not to mention as intended they are there to prevent crimes, you know before people die. I can only guess this was intended as sarcasm, since you can look at the terrible repercussions of E coli outbreaks, as an example. Or the huge increases in Food Borne illnesses, since the 1980s started cutting budgets.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2017, 14:48 Acleacius

Dacote wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 14:00:
Just when you thought it could not get any worse than Rick Perry, poor Texas.

I watched "I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore" on Netflix and thought it was a new series right up to the ending. Good casting, worth a watch. http://www.metacritic.com/movie/i-dont-feel-at-home-in-this-world-anymore
Your not kidding, the idiot didn't have a clue he was in charge of all the nuclear weapons in the US. Apparently he thought the Energy Dept job was just about him cheerleading for big oil. We said the same thing about bush jr too, couldn't possible get a worst governor after him. Austin, home of University of Texas might be the only city here, left with any sanity.

Thanks for the tip on the flick.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2017, 13:39 Acleacius

Dacote wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 13:31:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 13:11:
Btw, thanks for the warning about Bright being headlined by another scientology hack. I'll be avoiding this series like the plague.
It's a movie and not a series.
Never heard that Will Smith was in a cult, not surprising since they tend to glomb onto celebrities as a form of marketing to aid in recruiting.
Thanks, thought it was a Nexflix series. Yeah, sadly he and his wife both seem to be in the cult.

I actually worried about being a bigot but don't think that applies when talking about cults. Those idiots got together with our idiot governor here in Texas. They offered him campaign donations to in-act a new law, weakening Mental Health laws. Now it's even harder to require mentally ill take medication, whom pose a threat to themselves or others. They undermine Mental Health laws because those are their victims. Flamethrower

Edit: Replied before reading your link, checking it now.
Guess, I'm behind the times and they got out. Yeah, it was creepy for awhile. You know the way indoctrinated talk about, "it".

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2017, 13:11 Acleacius

Here's a few more Sushi Donuts, now I know why the Buddha smiles! Meditate
After The Sushi Taco, Instagram Is Going Crazy For Sushi Donuts

Btw, thanks for the warning about Bright being headlined by another scientology hack. I'll be avoiding this series like the plague. Protest

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2017, 11:29 Acleacius

Sushi Donuts for the win! Lighter  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 28, 2017, 11:20 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:14:
Wow, that DSOG review was fairly scathing and exactly why I'm in no rush to pick this game up - especially at $61, that's absurd.
I don't recall their reviews, is the site trust worthy or is it more likely clickbait if 90% of reviews disagree?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2017, 11:13 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:04:
Why would the FCC be involved anyway? Antitrust is a matter for the DOJ.
Their job is to prevent and find conflicts of interest, before federal laws are broken. Since it's inception more than 100 years ago, it uses regulation to prevent crimes. Just like the FDA inspects and regulates food safety by setting standards and doing inspections. Of course all agencies have been undermined since the 1980s, by defunding so they can't do their job. It's based on increasing corporate profits and bankrupting the agencies so they can be overthrown, just like schools.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2017, 02:24 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2017, 19:07:
No Saturday post as of yet. I wonder if Blue is moving today.
I'm starting a vicious rumor, after too much tequila he fell into a vat of chili. Now, he can only be summoned by a group of half naked teenagers, who perform a rituals while mysteriously dying one at a time. Cause they keep splitting up to search for some thing/noise or place to have sex! Halloween Nahnah

News Comments > Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story
5. Re: Former Irrational Developers Form Ghost Story Feb 24, 2017, 03:30 Acleacius

Guessed I missed Levine leaving 2k, probably better off, best of luck!  

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
10. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 17:30 Acleacius

Who gives rat's spencer's ass, we don't want exclusives. Stop making exclusives, idiot. Try making a game that's not fucked up, broken and exclusive, then your mouth can open to the public, like a real boy.  

News Comments > Origin Access Free Trial
22. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 16:28 Acleacius

BTW, I have clearly not attacked anyone who chooses to participate. It's just nothing but delusional crap to attack someone because they choose not to participate based on corporate atrocities committed by ea.  

20. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 16:23 Acleacius

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 15:56:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 15:37:
Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 13:56:
Wash Washburne wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 13:23:
Think it's more of a trust issue that goes back till the beginning of gaming, also greed and laziness might have also something to do with the "Nope" response.

It's not a logical response, it's an emotional one. People "feel" that EA has just somehow done them wrong, something terrible and unforgivable like a GF sleeping with your best friend.

If you want to talk about GREED and LAZINESS, then look no further than the biggest game storefront monopoly in town, STEAM.
You sound confused. In the sense that any person capable of feeling empathy has an emotional reaction to a 'Real' injustice and abuse. ea had near slave conditions for it's programmers back in the early 2000s. It's a documented fact and public awareness, plus the public rebellion against those inhuman treatments started with the wives, iirc.

Not to mention their near, if not wholly criminal corporate behavior. They have backdoored and hostily overthrown many companies just for the IPs. Hell, to get Bioware, riccitiello pretended to leave ea and start a finance company. Enabling him to get financial control and stocks which could have never happened through ea. Then once he had control, he sold them to ea and returned as president again.

Are you seriously saying that you're holding a grudge against REAL "injustice and abuse" by overworking employees 15 years ago? And you're claiming that this ISN'T a purely emotional response???

Also, big companies buy other's IPs. It's called business.

Care to name the last ORIGINAL Valve IP that wasn't bought or obtained?

- Portal
- L4D
- CounterStrike
- DOTA
- Team Fortress

All bought/obtained IPs.

The last ORIGINAL thing Valve has made was Half Life.

Nope, and it's utterly ironic you seem to be the one having an abnormal emotional reaction? Look at your post about Steam, is that an emotional self justification. Not only that, it's no where near the issues ea has displayed now and in the past.

Clearly I was listing real examples. In your mind, did I ever say these were all the issues? See how your downplaying and justifying ea for hostile takeovers. But Steam, ooooh big bad Steam they are lazy and greedy. So Valve, chose up and coming indie developers to work with, who voluntarily chose to work with Valve. And your comparing this to ea.

This is a ridiculous conversion, here's hoping you stop this nonsense.

14. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 15, 2017, 15:37 Acleacius

Slick wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 13:56:
Wash Washburne wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 13:23:
Think it's more of a trust issue that goes back till the beginning of gaming, also greed and laziness might have also something to do with the "Nope" response.

It's not a logical response, it's an emotional one. People "feel" that EA has just somehow done them wrong, something terrible and unforgivable like a GF sleeping with your best friend.

If you want to talk about GREED and LAZINESS, then look no further than the biggest game storefront monopoly in town, STEAM.
You sound confused. In the sense that any person capable of feeling empathy has an emotional reaction to a 'Real' injustice and abuse. ea had near slave conditions for it's programmers back in the early 2000s. It's a documented fact and public awareness, plus the public rebellion against those inhuman treatments started with the wives, iirc.

Not to mention their near, if not wholly criminal corporate behavior. They have backdoored and hostily overthrown many companies just for the IPs. Hell, to get Bioware, riccitiello pretended to leave ea and start a finance company. Enabling him to get financial control and stocks which could have never happened through ea. Then once he had control, he sold them to ea and returned as president again.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2017, 15:54 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 03:33:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 16:25:
Anyone ever deal with Win 7 and upgrading hardware? Apparently it's some kind of drm nonsense. I need to change my motherboard and RAM, so I'm a bit concerned.

I did it years ago. It took trying a few things, but I got it to recognize all the new parts without having to reinstall. Sorry, but I can't recall exactly what I did, I just remember that at first I had to boot to safe mode all the time because it wouldn't recognize anything, but then I got it all sorted and it worked fine for years.
No worries, thanks for the warning. All the good info, I doubt it will be an issue now.

Now I just need to find away to avoid any of Windows Update, nasty surprises. Hopefully there's a guide on Seven Forums to avoid the nasties. There was an article recently about m$ finally releasing a new service pack for Win 7, maybe soon.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 22:58 Acleacius

Thanks RedEye9, 1badmf and Mr Tact, good infos! Salute

4869 Comments. 244 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo