Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4271 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 17, 2015, 12:29 Acleacius

Thanks for the tip PHJF, but they must have updated Steam to prevent Steamwebhelper.exe from disabling the process. It auto restarts whenever I End Process.

Guess I will have to use Firefox to post into the help forums, since I can't get there with the Steam GUI.

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2015, 20:05 Acleacius

Anyone else having trouble connecting to Steam Store and Community with Steam GUI? I can access them with FireFox browser, but not logged into Steam with the GUI, though the GUI will access my Steam Library.

FYI, I did get the Flash Player update today, which supposedly fixes the vulnerability. I guess it's possible the Steam GUI hasn't updated to the newest Flash?

Thanks

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Next Year
3. Re: Dying Light: The Following Next Year Oct 16, 2015, 15:33 Acleacius

Gadzooks wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 15:20:
I see the devs are still giving the middle finger to their customers

Wanna play hotseat co-op/multiplayer and use mods? Nope

Dislike Chromatic Abberation and Motion blur and want to (fully) turn them off? Nope

Wont be giving this company any money until they show they actually care about the people who buy their games.
Techland, taking a giant dump on modding since 2003 with Call of Juarez to 2016 with DLTF! Protest Mwahaha

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 12:17 Acleacius

Retired wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 11:29:
Geez. So I got a free copy of Wasteland 2/Wasteland 2 DC for supporting Bards Tale - I must say, I really suck at it. Maybe I need to explore more before I enter the Ag Center, but WTF!? I ran out of ammo, didn't have enough scrap to get more ammo, and I couldn't get more than 35-51% hit on anything. Was doing "ok" but then got to the mushroom basement. ugh. Need to do some research......
It's really easy to get over whelmed there, don't be too down on yourself. slight spoiler, i.e. no story spoiler at all. I want to build a team fast so now I headed to the Rail-yard first, before the Radio Tower. It also has a store for weapons, armor and Chisel is a great team member.

I basically scouted the big room, sniping the exploding mushrooms, while avoiding activating the big fight. Once I got enough of them sniped, moved each of my team in one at a time, single file back against the wall. This way they could attack like a fire squad. Admittedly most had AR, which were(think Directors Cut toned them down some) powerful.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2015, 12:31.

News Comments > The Age of Decadence Begins
1. Re: The Age of Decadence Begins Oct 15, 2015, 10:59 Acleacius

Gratz to the team it's been a long road! Lighter  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 10:56 Acleacius

Hang in there, Blue! Drunk2

I vote for the drug-fuelled manifesto! Mwahaha

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2015, 17:35 Acleacius

SlimRam wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:07:
My wife has had the procedure done and she says that the post treatment area was hilarious because I guess they blow air up your ass for some reason (for the hell of it? ). Well after the procedure she was in a recovery room separated by curtains from the others that had it done, and she said that all you could hear was farting for like 30 minutes afterwards
Here's hoping you have a quick recovery Blue, maybe two hair dryers? Giggle

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2?
23. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2? Oct 12, 2015, 18:28 Acleacius

The easiest thing for Valve to do if they are story stagnate is to have a fan fiction contest about the next episode or HL3. Then choose the best fan story, allowing the fan to become part of the team or they could just hire Chris Avellone. Lighter Mwahaha  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2015, 12:09 Acleacius

Woohoo gratz, thanks for being Blue! Cake

What pops out of a Blue party cake?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 11:35 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 10:34:
It's a big world and there are other, better places to be, Ed.

And they'd all extradite him. Why do you think he is in Russia.
Not all, but the US would hijack a flight to get to him before he could reach a destination.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2015, 14:10 Acleacius

InBlack wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 03:24:
LiTh wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 16:46:
Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 15:08:
LiTh wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 14:13:
Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2015, 10:33:
Britain is almost a defacto Orwellian state at this point and the rest of the world doesn't seem too far behind. Except the Nordic countries like Denmark. They're the only ones who seem to have it together all around. Might be a good place to move.

Oil money, %50+ tax's and 8euro beers, whats not to like!

Yes, and no poverty, great medical, dental, education, green spaces, etc. for all their citizens. Yeah, I'll take that over the huge discrepancies between rich and poor in the rest of the world. It's a small price to pay for a great standard of living.

No poverty? That would be 13% poverty which is compared to the USA's 15%. Not saying its not a good system, but its not as you paint it.

No poverty lol. Classic Cutter...
Lol? Poverty in Denmark is considered middle class here in the US. Now that's funny, right?

News Comments > Quote of the Day
3. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 29, 2015, 09:45 Acleacius

Douchebaggery speech of the day! Middlefinger  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 28, 2015, 10:54 Acleacius

Zombies hate the cold too. Zombie  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 25, 2015, 13:46 Acleacius

Couldn't get it to run without activating some nasty looking scripts, be especially careful of this script:
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/krxd.net

In case anyone finds a youtube or similar, please post it, thanks.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
6. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 23, 2015, 23:59 Acleacius

Rumor is they are using 8th graders to write the dialogs, instead of 6th graders they normally use. So yeah, you all should be psyched!  

News Comments > Age of Decadence Next Month
12. Re: Age of Decadence Next Month Sep 20, 2015, 04:09 Acleacius

Looking forward to this very much. The reason they said it took so long was they wanted to get it right and were in no hurry. Just like any game with long development, technological updates to engines and functionality offer/open new doors to development. Obviously it looks dated since they are using a engine which allowed them the freedom to take their time, i.e. cheap. They have stated repeatedly it's about Story and C&C. Anyone who's looking for a great looking game, really isn't interested in C&C RPGs.

I agree much of the criticism about many/most RPGs lack of C&C over the last 10 to 15 years. Especially since m$ started their bullshit campaign against the PC to help create market share for their craptastic console.

I'm not sure what specifically Vince has said about the Witcher but I've been very critical of it myself and I know it's not based on being pretentious. The world of the Witcher is great but being forced to play as Geralt, forced to choose false neutral choices and forced to choose false sides is bullshit. I've listed numerous quests where we were forced to choose false neutrality and false sides. Quests such as in the original Witcher chapter 1 with Abigail or in chapter 3 with the wife choice. How the game had been much better if we had been able to play as a new Witcher, perhaps following the trail of what happened to Geralt.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 19, 2015, 01:25 Acleacius

Thanks for the links, I just noticed it while browsing and wasn't sure if there was an issue with the game. I got lucky to get Mafia, before it was pulled from Steam, apparently forever.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 19, 2015, 00:37 Acleacius

No link here, just normal Steam. Opps, sorry didn't mention Steam (heh). Just woke, screwed up with sleep deprivation.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=mafia

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 19, 2015, 00:28 Acleacius

Does anyone else see prices for Mafia II (atm 11:30pm none seen by me)? It's as if it's not even being sold anymore.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2015, 00:35.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
12. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 15, 2015, 20:11 Acleacius

Btw, this doesn't seem to be like the 'Left for Dead 2' give away, i.e. you have to install it before you can keep it.  

4271 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo