Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4275 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > UnderRail Released
4. Re: UnderRail Released Dec 18, 2015, 23:35 Acleacius

This is new to me, any word on moddability?  
Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Conan Game Planned
26. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 16:19 Acleacius

Herb Tarleck wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 14:51:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 12:04:
Almost everyone liked the starter island, but once you left it went down hill fast. Iirc, I don't think it did nearly as well as LotR, when it went F2P.

What? the starter island was dull, both Cimmeria and Stygia where a Conan fan's wet dream. The atmosphere in AOC was incredible.

I bet its gonna be a F2P moba
It's been so long I've forgotten, but did the voice acting stop after the starter island? It was like they ran out of money at level 30 and everything after (especially the addon/expansion) was a grind-fest.

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

25. Re: AoC Dec 18, 2015, 16:16 Acleacius

Ant wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 14:49:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 14:38:
Ant wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 14:26:
I still haven't played it.
I would advise against it, unless your a glutton for punishment! Biting Giggle
Even for free? Either way, I doubt I will every play it due to BUSY life (still haven't seen Ant-Man, SW:TFA, etc. :P).
Yeah, sadly. Iirc, it's not real F2P like Guild Wars 2 or LotRO, limited more like SWTOR to make you pay even if your not monthly.

19. Re: AoC Dec 18, 2015, 14:38 Acleacius

Ant wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 14:26:
I still haven't played it.
I would advise against it, unless your a glutton for punishment! Biting Giggle

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 12:30 Acleacius

Ewok farts are the source of the force, that bind us through the smell? *

*I didn't see the movie, but it just makes so much sense, when you think about it. Apologies if I got the spoiler correct! Mwahaha

9. Re: New Conan Game Planned Dec 18, 2015, 12:04 Acleacius

Almost everyone liked the starter island, but once you left it went down hill fast. Iirc, I don't think it did nearly as well as LotR, when it went F2P.  

News Comments > Dying Light The Following Story Trailer
4. Re: Dying Light The Following Story Trailer Dec 16, 2015, 18:13 Acleacius

It's hard to believe they decided to make a whole episode based on QTEs and a permanent infected state to prevent running! Paperbag  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
20. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 13, 2015, 11:42 Acleacius

Nucas wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 07:59:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 21:48:
Retired wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 21:26:
I love the game. Running 6 toons. (I don't play MMOs, I play this cause of the lore.)
Same here, but only 4 toons for me. I'm really playing because of the lore as well, getting to see all the regions and world it pretty damn cool. Lighter

Also, I'm betting it's more like 38 gig download for the 45 gig install, since there is compression. They did make a mistake by not making it for 5 to 7 days.

i'm generally disinterested by mmos, and love the elder scrolls. i just bought an amulet of akatosh from the beth store (don't judge me) but that was another of my qualms in ESO in addition to how outright boring it is: it just has some bad, bad lore. it shouldn't surprise me that there would be contradictory or stupid material considering how many writers must be working on it but god damn is it stupid sometimes. and the quest design.. eruughh. in the daggerfall covenant at least it's just an endless chain of "go here, kill 20 things, figure out which daedric prince is causing trouble this time!
Don't feel bad, I finally spent that 1000 crowns we were given as pre-buy2play members. After seeing this video I bought the polar bear cub. Glomp

I don't remember the Daggerfall area quests being terrible. Nor do I remember any quests which were about just about quota without a story basis. I.e. if I need to take out some bandits and rescue kidnapped victims, it's perfectly reasonable to take out 5 guards and 5 traps (for victim escape). At least to me, almost anything is better than the writing at Bethesda, in fairness the dialogs seem better in Fallout 4. TES has always been about power and political manipulations, not to mention centering on the conflict with daedra.

The storyline I was most surprised by was the Aldmeri Dominion. I avoided it until I had to play it, since don't play villains in games. I sure didn't want to play an Aldmeri jerk! Backstab . It turned out to be a struggle I could get behind, without giving away spoilers. In fact, I'm still memorized by her behind. Mwahaha

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 12, 2015, 21:48 Acleacius

Retired wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 21:26:
I love the game. Running 6 toons. (I don't play MMOs, I play this cause of the lore.)
Same here, but only 4 toons for me. I'm really playing because of the lore as well, getting to see all the regions and world it pretty damn cool. Lighter

Also, I'm betting it's more like 38 gig download for the 45 gig install, since there is compression. They did make a mistake by not making it for 5 to 7 days.

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 12, 2015, 15:45 Acleacius

Morgan19 wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:35:
Wait, what? Isn't it F2P already?
It's Buy to Play now, like Guild Wars 2 was originally.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 7, 2015, 18:31 Acleacius

harlock wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 16:45:
i guess some people have paid accounts or some shit

otherwise, so what
Yeah, it sucks some are at risk, but there's still a chance it's not too serious. I would imagine if there was a massive breech and the security firm didn't inform them officially they could be held liable in some sense.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
30. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 18:21 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 17:38:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:47:
No way I will update till everything settles down. I finally got LOOT running, it's been driving me crazy having 106 mods, 51 of which are eps plugins. Even though the masterlist is just getting started, it recognized and sorted all 51 esp files.
How will you be stopping it what with steam update and all?

Also I hear the beta disabled esp file loading,and news on if the final does?
Offline mode, just disable your connection. Then try to connect to Steam, choose offline mode.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 7, 2015, 15:54 Acleacius

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 15:12:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 13:37:
If they don't know how the hack went down, changing your PW now would do nothing...
Guess I don't agree, cause leaving it the same is worst. I can change it again if necessary.

What if the hack is still ongoing and he changed the PW algos to produce plain-text? ^^
Sure, there's a chance but it's worst to not do anything, since it could have been stopped already by the security firm. There's nothing to get from my account except a password, no personal info. So, I'll just make another password, until it's fixed. It's a randomized generator, so he will get randomized 20 character passwords, which will never be used anywhere else.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
10. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:47 Acleacius

No way I will update till everything settles down. I finally got LOOT running, it's been driving me crazy having 106 mods, 51 of which are eps plugins. Even though the masterlist is just getting started, it recognized and sorted all 51 esp files.  

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 7, 2015, 14:42 Acleacius

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 13:37:
If they don't know how the hack went down, changing your PW now would do nothing...
Guess I don't agree, cause leaving it the same is worst. I can change it again if necessary.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 7, 2015, 13:23 Acleacius

Thankfully it was an old password, I don't use any more. Think this is the one Snowden helped set up for journalists.
https://www.random.org/passwords/

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 13:52 Acleacius

Sad news, there are so many untreated mentally ill people in the US. We live in a freaking timebomb of a nation.  

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
49. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 03:08 Acleacius

Retired wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 18:47:
Kajetan wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 18:28:
Retired wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 18:22:
People need to calm down.
Yes, calm down. Just some companies doing illegal stuff. Nothing here to see, walk away, walk away.

Not illegal where I live, that isn't the reason why I don't care. The reason I don't care is you have to be an intelligent consumer. If you aren't, then something something, fool and his money, something something.
So there should be no consumer protection laws. What about the other 99.9 % of the population, whom aren't as smart as you. Sounds like you saying you don't care about other people, since your so intelligent. Other people could possibly have lives, where they have other things to do besides sit around and be smart about game sales.

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
18. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 18:18 Acleacius

I noticed this too and could swear it's illegal in some countries.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2015, 13:07 Acleacius

Drummer Cake Cheers

singing : And many more!

4275 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo