Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4700 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released
12. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 20, 2016, 13:14 Acleacius

DarkCntry, yes. They told the plot and the villain, in the PR release. The name of the villain, do you get it? No? Did you know the name of the villain in Dishonored?

NamecaF, it maybe true but what does it say about you, not even recognizing it's a spoiler? That you don't give shit about story or even more? Speaking as an idiot I wonder how that makes you feel, is it like fds who believes there's no story anymore? And is that because everything has been spoiled for you before you ever play the game?

Nin, sure there's going to be a villain just like Dishonored. Do you think, not knowing who the villain was in Dishonored, was part of the fun and impacted your enjoyment by trying to figure out the villain?

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 20, 2016, 03:03 Acleacius

Quinn wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 01:57:
fds wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 00:30:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 21:48:
Whew, thankfully bethesda aren't a bunch of dumbasses who would post major spoilers of the game, in a press release.

What do you mean? I have reread the whole thing multiple times and there's not a hint of a spoiler in it. All it contains is a brief description of the non-interactive intro sequence at the very beginning of the game.

I think he somehow wasn't being sarcastic.

Hehe, nah, I was being sarcastic. Well a sarcastic idiot, if fds is correct. Let's see if I owe bethesda and the world an apology.

What I mean is...I read it once and it spoiled the story. Here's the quote, since apparently need to point it out.

...the mad witch Delilah seizes the throne the fate of your Empire is left hanging in the balance...

So that's not a story spoiler in a PR release? Remember just like millions of other gamers I still haven't played it. I'm not even sure what to say about fds's claim there is no story anymore. Apparently they are just levels for you to run around in. Not sure why bethesda didn't think of this before. They could have saved all the money paid for the stories, in their previous games!

4. Re: Dishonored 2 New Game Plus Mode Released Dec 19, 2016, 21:48 Acleacius

Whew, thankfully bethesda aren't a bunch of dumbasses who would post major spoilers of the game, in a press release. Just cause the majority of the world's gamers haven't played it yet due to performance and drm issues. Knowing they shouldn't ruin the game for everyone, they clearly succeeded. So I praise bethesda for not being moronic idiots, when they so clearly could have been. Congratulations on your success. Urk Protest  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 14:15 Acleacius

Uggh, that's one of the reasons I stopped eating meats decades ago, all the disease they spread. Puke  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 14:12 Acleacius

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 12:04:
Blade Runner 2049 teaser trailer just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k

Looks great to me. Will be a long wait.
Thanks for the heads up. I really liked the first one and have high hopes, but they were just dashed. Years now Ridley has been delusionally telling us, we should not want the original release version (US for me) because of Harrison's voice over.

Riddly "Please buy my new and improved version", we've gone back and removed some important acting narrative and immersive dialog in one of the great films of the eighties in the 20th century. He really meant it too, he fought with the studio about it. Argued and stopped working on it for years iirc, because he wanted them removed. Middlefinger

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Dec 18, 2016, 20:38 Acleacius

Some part of me wants them to fail so governments of the world can prosecute them internationally for false advertising and fraud for exploiting people with this game.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 17, 2016, 18:11 Acleacius

I've still never installed or played a game with this new drm. It'll take a couple years before it's proven safe enough for me after the years of bad drm. Best case scenario it's just an extra swap file, which requires more RAM. It's why there seem to be such unusual RAM requirements to comparable games without the drm. It seems if a comparable game needs 4gig, then the new drm needs 5gig.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 17, 2016, 06:19 Acleacius

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 17:53:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 17:43:
Playing backlog and just thought I would mention it. Did anyone else find Survivalist really good Zombie RPG for under $5 US (sale price seems to be $2.49 US) I'm pleasantly surprised after an hour or two and I haven't even tried CooP yet. FYI, fast action, Top Down, with up to 3 other NPCs or players (CooP) I'm guessing. There base building and management, also an actual story. There's also actual Cause and Effect, Factions and Quests.

That actually looks pretty interesting...also that upper right window in game, with closeups, I swear the first Terminator PC game had that, back in the day, with its terrible blocky graphics. I'm not sure useful that window is, with the speed of the game, but it's not the worst feature I've ever seen.

That game looks like they should have sold it for more than 5 bucks, there's a lot of stuff going on. To the Steam Sale list it goes.
This game could easily compete with $20 US games, probably be better than most of them. Steam says I'm up to 12 hours with no intention from me of quitting anytime soon. Extremely solid game, atm the most I would do is nitpick, which is unfair at $5. There is a lot of RPG faction going on building Respect and Admiration for good characters. It's built for communities and individuals, especially since recruiting seems mandatory.

Think the window your speaking of is mostly for NPC conversations, though it's on all the time. Things like facial expressions and personal data. Everyone is Stranger, until you talk to them. This in turn adds more info about them, the more you ask or find out. Also, the PC isn't suited for all good outcomes in dialog. Sometimes you need to use NPC who has better social skills, which is not something you can raise in the game.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2016, 06:24.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 16, 2016, 17:43 Acleacius

Playing backlog and just thought I would mention it. Did anyone else find Survivalist really good Zombie RPG for under $5 US (sale price seems to be $2.49 US) I'm pleasantly surprised after an hour or two and I haven't even tried CooP yet. FYI, fast action, Top Down, with up to 3 other NPCs or players (CooP) I'm guessing. There base building and management, also an actual story. There's also actual Cause and Effect, Factions and Quests.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2016, 22:36 Acleacius

The Blue Dude, abides. Beatnik  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 11, 2016, 22:25 Acleacius

Damn, looks like they killed Deus Ex, for good this time.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 17:19 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 14:59:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 9, 2016, 13:22:
Can someone remind me when the Steam winter sale is going to start. There was an estimated time, leaked about a week back. Naturally I forgot to write it down.

Edit: Looks like it might be Dec 22.
It's a real website http://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/
Haha, a website countdown, thanks!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 13:22 Acleacius

Can someone remind me when the Steam winter sale is going to start. There was an estimated time, leaked about a week back. Naturally I forgot to write it down.

Edit: Looks like it might be Dec 22.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2016, 11:21 Acleacius

Westworld, so ....Sadly, Marti, Elise and Stubbs the only characters I can recall, we didn't get any kind real resolution or answers on. Anyone have any thoughts? Clearly there are going to be humans left alive. One in particular was just shot in the arm instead of easily killed.

This isn't a spoiler, but someone might think it is, so .... Damn, I was really looking forward to seeing more Lili Simmons. Since they announced she won a recurring role back in 4/16.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2016, 17:17 Acleacius

Dishonored 2 is falling fast.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Dec 4, 2016, 16:39 Acleacius

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 13:56:
Had no idea there was going to be so many announcements! Last of Us, Wipeout, and Marvel vs C. They fucking killed it yesterday!

I was defiantly interested in hearing about TLoU II no doubt. The video looked great too, however if they my money, it needs to be a PC game. Otherwise I'll just watch a one of those well done Let's Play.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2016, 13:03 Acleacius

Take for what it's worth but I've read there isn't going to be a cliff hanger tonight. So, we will at least get a complete story. Yeah, the wait (year and a half?) till Westworld II is going to be a killer. Urk  

News Comments > Prey Gameplay Video
7. Re: Prey Gameplay Video Dec 2, 2016, 15:43 Acleacius

Damn, there has been a lot of discord with this game. It's not really a good sign. It was mind boggling they didn't work with Human Head. Not only are they extremely talented they have a lot of experience with successful and fun Coop. Heretic, Hexen and Rune were all games that have extremely fun Coop. Bethesda probably tried to make Human Head use that piece of crap id engine, just like they did with Arkane.  

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
20. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 19:42 Acleacius

panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 16:26:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 15:50:
To the general thread, Mask of the Betrayer was lifeless compared to NWN2. There was no humor, hardly any emotional dialog I can recall atm. It's gameplay was really challenging, so it's only hardcore people who ever play it.

We'll have to agree to disagree as I thought the NWN2 campaign was the lifeless one - it's about as generic as it gets. Personally, I couldn't stand most of the original companions. Sorceress was a fantastic character stat-wise but insufferable otherwise - she stands out as one of the most annoying characters ever. The Spirit Bear on the other hand lives on as one of the greatest.

I also like that the story in MotB got really heady and existential, which I guess is not for everyone but I really liked it. Though I disagree that it was for hardcore players only. The biggest challenge was the Soul Harvest mechanic which became optional in a patch if I remember correctly.

But maybe my memories are deceiving me, I haven't played through it in a long while. Might be time to revisit.
Odd, only hardcore players finished NWN2 in the first place. I really have no clue how you get anyone other than hardcore RPG players finished NWN2 much less even touch MotB. There several articles where Obsidian talked about all problems people had with it. They made MotB story too lifeless and sterile, which pushed people away. Of course there were good things about MotB, that's not really the point. Yes, of course the Spirit Eater mechanic pushed people away too, not just the pacing and bland dialog. There was a pretty big drop off in sales too, iirc.

NWN2 had many unique gameplay ideas for NWN like the castle and defense. The story was pretty good all in all, but too long and had crap storyboard ending. There were a lot of cool characters Kelgar and Grobnar (one of the best npcs ever!).

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
12. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 15:50 Acleacius

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 12:01:
Anymore, it seems like all my money goes to gog instead of steam. I like DRM free, I like multi format, and they have stuff steam doesn't have.

GOG: Retirement Home Gaming.
Unless it has an online component, I'll go with GOG first. I know they are working on an online system but not sure of the status atm.

To the general thread, Mask of the Betrayer was lifeless compared to NWN2. There was no humor, hardly any emotional dialog I can recall atm. It's gameplay was really challenging, so it's only hardcore people who ever play it.

4700 Comments. 235 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo