Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4233 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2016, 19:06 Acleacius

Thanks for the replies!

I really don't think they want to upgrade to win 10. Actually think, they are trying to avoid win 10 as long as possible. Iirc, you can choose which updates you want. Though I'm not sure if there's a upgrade pack for win 7, which lets you update to say June 2015 (can't recall when it started) to avoid all the new m$ manipulation software.

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2016, 15:32 Acleacius

A friend asked if I had an extra Win 7 key, which I didn't. I did see some on the usually reliable Game Key sites like G2A. When they list as SP1, does it require a install disk with SP1 built in or could they install base Win 7 (Pro in this case) then update on m$?

Thanks

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

News Comments > Dead Island Definitive Edition Announced
8. Re: Dead Island Definitive Edition Announced Mar 4, 2016, 13:34 Acleacius

Since they delayed or canceled DI2, guess this is the only way to make a profit from this Ip this year. That said, it would be completely insane for they not to offer a upgrade to current owners or as it's better known squeezing blood from a dead corpse! Zombie  

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
15. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 11:29 Acleacius

Always liked Sweeny, since he gives a damn about people unlike a certain other engine developer. So what does Sweeny need from us to stick it to m$, is there a plan to fight back yet? Count me in! Protest  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
19. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 17:58 Acleacius

I really dislike how there is no save (except for character), making everything constantly respawn. There is never a feeling of accomplishment on 'Saving the World', everything is still there. Protest  

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
15. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 12:16 Acleacius

Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed

Mass Exodus We're getting the fuck out! Delayed Middlefinger
Fixed

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
41. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 13:56 Acleacius

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times, including this thread "the original ending for SS2 was lost". Wouldn't they have had time to put the correct ending in after all these years, either through patch or mod? I've seen so many mods where new cutscenes have been added, it's not like it would be more difficult than any other game, well afaik. Also, if true, what was the original ending?  

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
14. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 17, 2016, 16:16 Acleacius

Iirc, Spector was an outside producer for SS1 (per in game credits and Wikipedia) and not sure he had anything to do with SS2(checked and he has no credits on SS2 Wikipedia, not to mention KLevine has posted here on Blue's stating as much). So not really sure he deserves any credit for the development or success of either System Shock, certainly not SS2.

Yes, there was an issue with weapons breaking too fast but was fixed early on, through a mod or console command, as was the spawning. It was simply balance issues any game has at release, well afaik.

As far as the same twist on both, I don't recall it. In SS1 it was a known and SS2, (without going into spoilers) it was an unknown.

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Feb 16, 2016, 21:11 Acleacius

When will mod teams learn to keep their mouth shut about project remakes with newer engines. Keep quiet, do the work and release it as proof of concept and skill.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 15, 2016, 13:50 Acleacius

I thought the Writers Guild got it right last year with The Last of Us. Even though I didn't get to play it as a PC gamer, saw it as a 6 hour movie online. It was the first time I've ever watched someone else play a game, but it was so well edited it seemed like a movie.

I've only played the original Witcher, it had horrible and contrived writing. Remember chap 3 (iirc) where geralt had to get engaged to either Triss or Shanni? Or the Bank where your force to choose between two ridiculous sides? Don't even get me started on Abigail and there are tons more examples. When I saw Witcher 2 was more of the same i.e. forced and contrived choices, never played it even though I got the game for free.

The biggest, most frustrating part about the Tomb Raider is the ridiculous console game play (can anyone say QTEs Protest ) but over all the writing has been good, not as good as TLOU. I seriously doubt most of the Writers Guild played PoE, since it's so long.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2016, 00:43 Acleacius

I'm really torn about Deadpool, very cool license but ...isn't this douche, the actor who bombed a couple of movies like Green Lantern and treated Scarlett Johansson like crap...think I'll pass on it all, just like I'm sadly passing on watching the other clown playing Batman in the new moive, bleh. Puke  

News Comments > CONAN EXILES Video Diary
3. Re: CONAN EXILES Video Diary Feb 11, 2016, 19:00 Acleacius

No Coop/PvE only server switch, no sale. Protest  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 11, 2016, 12:07 Acleacius

Can someone delete this comment please, I don't have permission, thanks  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal 101 Trailer
2. Re: Far Cry Primal 101 Trailer Feb 9, 2016, 10:20 Acleacius

I'm just glad it's in a time period where Fire has been invented...whew that could have been disastrous, Fire Arrows but no Fire! Flamethrower  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2016, 11:26 Acleacius

What's going on with the React Gaming, starting Portal two months ago and still haven't done episode 2? They seem so unfocused, it took them a damn year to finish 'The Last of Us'. Slap  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition Launches
8. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition Launches Feb 6, 2016, 04:23 Acleacius

Is it the same character, with the save games transferring as a series or how do these 3 games connect?

Thanks

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 6, 2016, 00:08 Acleacius

The original ms natural keyboard elite, will always be the best to me! Too bad they stopped making it, years ago. Crying  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 6, 2016, 00:03 Acleacius

Yumm...Allegro Ubuntu coffee...fig, raisin and maple! Worship  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition Launches
2. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition Launches Feb 5, 2016, 23:50 Acleacius

Looks like Shadowrun Returns is on sale for $2.99 US.  

15. Re: RBF Feb 5, 2016, 17:26 Acleacius

Ratty wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 14:39:
Blue wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 11:42:
Ratty wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 11:38:
I can't believe I've never heard of this. I have it big time.

I had the same reaction. MrsBlue is always getting on me for intimidating people with some sort of glare that I have no intention of giving off. My resting face apparently gives off a very strong "don't fuck with me" vibe.
It's like one of those articles you read about people with strange diseases and the relief they feel when after years it's finally diagnosed. They're relieved there's a name for it and they're not the only ones. This is timely for me as I've recently been trying to adopt a friendlier, more open expression but it's hard for me to pull off without looking like a dork. I've seen people taken aback when they come up to talk to me and my expression changes so dramatically. They're like Oh, I guess he doesn't despise the world after all.
I defiantly had one of those experiences recently. Except my lifetime missing puzzle piece was finding out my mother's a schizophrenic, bleh. Puke

Yet, I'm the opposite, almost always smiling at people. I'm not sure a person who is genuinely smiling ever looks like a dork. I've heard people in NYC, never smile and are suspicious of people who smile. Being from Texas and never to NY, it could just be propaganda against NYC. Wink

Think we all get propagandized from movies, where tough guys never smile. However if you check those real life stars, they defiantly smile. I grew up admiring James Bond and Hans Solo/Indy Jones, both Sean Connery and Harrison Ford, smile in real life.

I wouldn't get discouraged, there's probably 50% of the people you meet it won't matter. Since about 25% of the population has serious mental issues and another 25% are too overwhelmed to even notice.

One thing to remember, not only will real smiles make others feel good but it makes you feel better, within yourself. There's sort of a stress release, when using your face muscles. Tickling

4233 Comments. 212 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo