Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4270 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Plans
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Plans Apr 28, 2016, 21:06 Acleacius

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 13:15:
I've been burned out by the clone MMO market for 8-10 years now. Some of my co-workers played this and said it's very grindy with like 14 currencies.

How true is this anyways?
Not that I'm aware of and I play, nearly every day. They have gold and crowns (real money tokens). Oh, there's a 3rd for pvp, which apparently drops when you die in pvp...gank loot.

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 13:44:
Yeah, I have the base game and a few toons. Haven't bought any of the DLC though.
Think you told me about G2A and Kingun keys. So if you haven't checked them out, you should. Say you found a 2 month key for a reasonable amount, you would get 3000 crowns upfront. It gives you a Plus account, increased xp and allowing you access to all content. These are the prices, iirc...Orsinum (3000), Thieves Guild (2000) or Dark Brotherhood (2000).

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Plans
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Plans Apr 28, 2016, 12:35 Acleacius

Flatline, think he means the DLC for Dark Brotherhood. I'm looking forward to trying it, but haven't done a Test server install.  
Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta
3. Re: Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta Apr 27, 2016, 17:53 Acleacius

"all new system", what's the chance that means FUBAR'D it, 50%/50%?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2016, 11:04 Acleacius

FYI, the 'Wired' article about Texas Highways, got me a popup asking me to pay a fee.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2016, 15:13 Acleacius

About damn time! Mwahaha  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
35. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 21:38 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 13:21:
Acleacius wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 12:59:
I must have missed something, can't "always on" be blocked like any other in a Firewall or Zone Alarm equivalent?

I doubt it. I'd wager you have to connect to their servers in order to use it. Otherwise they'd just have an opt-out. Yet, in most sane countries with decent consumer protection laws this would never be permitted. At best it would be something you actually have to actively opt-in for.

You might be correct, but I'm not sure are you saying the only way to use them while playing a game will require you to be online? So this will render Steam Offline play or any other offline game, unplayable and obsolete?

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
16. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 12:59 Acleacius

I must have missed something, can't "always on" be blocked like any other in a Firewall or Zone Alarm equivalent?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
2. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 10:10 Acleacius

Incompetency and Douchebaggery are high with this one, says the Freudian Slip.

It's not like undermining the PC hasn't been their secret plan for more than 16 years. Middlefinger

News Comments > DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown
27. Re: DayZ DirectX 11 Improvements Shown Mar 27, 2016, 03:42 Acleacius

They could have doubled their money just by adding zombies and a pve switch.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 26, 2016, 02:45 Acleacius

Another example of price fixing, before a sale. There's no way Shadow Warrior should still be listed as $40, maybe $30.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2016, 11:29 Acleacius

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2016, 10:50:
So uh...

Angry Joe went to the movies!

Thanks, I'll watch it since I have no intention of paying to watch a creep like afflect. Anymore than I would for other members of The Creep Club, like reynolds, cruise, smith or kobe.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Spring Sale
3. Re: Green Man Gaming Spring Sale Mar 23, 2016, 10:09 Acleacius

Defiantly looks like most of the publishers are jacking up prices, before the sale price.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 22, 2016, 12:29 Acleacius

Bout damn time! Slap  

News Comments > GOG.com Insomnia Sale
5. Re: GOG.com Insomnia Sale Mar 21, 2016, 22:31 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 21:42:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 21:25:
Yeah, this is GOG's worst sale ever.

This a repeat. They've had quite a few insomnia sales in the past with the exact same MO.

Doesn't mean I like it. Just pointing out that it's not worse than the ones they've done before........

Yes but last year's Insomnia sale you could see 3 or 4 at once and far, far ahead. You could easily check the game, by right clicking to pull up the game page. Not to mention there was actually a list of what games were going to be sold each day and they were being sold in quantities of about 200 at a time. All in all much much better than now.

News Comments > GOG.com Insomnia Sale
3. Re: GOG.com Insomnia Sale Mar 21, 2016, 21:25 Acleacius

Yeah, this is GOG's worst sale ever. You can't see what's coming next. You can't right clicky on the game that pops up to learn about it if you don't know it. Not to mention they are selling such a small number of games most people are complaining they can't get the purchase software to work fast enough to complete the sale. It's a pretty much all around cluster muck up. Wtf Crying  

News Comments > BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt
5. Re: BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt Mar 21, 2016, 13:51 Acleacius

Com'mon, the reason no one asked about his clothing is because he forgot to wear his boobs! I blamed the gay community, what the hell good are they if they can't even critique clothing at GDC? Giggle

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2016, 15:49.

News Comments > Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam
5. Re: Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam Mar 17, 2016, 21:17 Acleacius

I think of this when ever I'm on the can Flush just thought someone might want to know! Bow  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Visions in the Dark Next Month
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Visions in the Dark Next Month Mar 17, 2016, 20:58 Acleacius

Hard to believe anyone is still playing much less actually paying monthly. Amazed  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2016, 01:16 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 20:55:
Seriously? I find it fucking infuriating. The second most powerful being in existence is running a bar in LA and going on adventures with a cop, all the while acting as comic relief. Yeah, not really what comes to mind when I think about The Morning Star.

The Vertigo series, where the second most powerful being in existence is trying to undo all of existence because he's tired of it all? Yeah, that's a lot more in line.

To Reign in Hell

Give that a read. It's a really interesting take on the Creation myth. The gist is basically that Satan got a bum rap and suffers from bad PR. If I was going to give the Xtian mythos any credence it would definitely be more in line with this take on it.
Thanks for the link and yeah, Sandman and Lucifer turned out great.

It might be different in Canada but your expectations of what's possible on US network tv is really on the high side. It was controversial just to have a cop buddy show, 100 witch mothers is already protesting it. There's no way in hell, any network show has a budget or audience large enough to handle the complexity of the comic. Trying to make a show about strategic battles to dismantle the matter of creation, can't really be done in 40 minutes, once a week.

Besides where could we find someone willing to rule over the new creation. There would have to be new religions, worshipers and gods. Unless there was someone willing to watch over creation who refuses to be worshiped, just because they cared so much! Love Innocent

This show is creating interest in the comics. Creating a bigger fan based and potential support for doing more in the DC universe. The show seems to have a decent budget and writers. There's some pretty great chemistry between the very talented actors. The idea the devil would sneak into a confessional to listen to a beautiful woman confess her naughty sins, is comedy gold. Mwahaha

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2016, 01:26.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2016, 17:03 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 16:03:
The Vertigo series was great. That show is a fucking travesty.
I like them both very much for different reasons. Lighter

4270 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo