Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4558 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 14:16 Acleacius

Just found this Evan Rachel Wood Says ‘Westworld’ Season 1 Finale Will Blow Your Mind in case anyone is interested.  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2016, 14:08 Acleacius

JayDeath wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 12:49:
The excitement of Westworld is fading for me. The last two episodes were painfully slow. Ep. 6 better wow me or I'm done with this show. There's too much quality television to waste time on average shows.
You mean Ep 5, it's next. Read a story last week before EP4, ERW posted on Twitter "Episode 5, that's all I can say!". So you might be in luck. I on the other hand couldn't be happier about Westworld currently. Well I did complain about one thing this week, she better change her damn outfit soon! Apparently she is this week, damn I was getting sick of the Alice in Wonderland look after 2 episodes, so 4 in was killing me.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2016, 13:57 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2016, 11:25:
That's awesome. I'm immensely curious to see how they'll do. If it works out, time to move to Iceland!
Yeah, could be really interesting. They could probably solve the budget issues by legalizing marijuana.

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
17. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 14:28 Acleacius

Wasn't the whole point for him to make failures for tax write offs, based on the German Tax credit law which expired.

Personally I blame Blue for calling his mockery, a career! Giggle

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Picketing EA Today
8. Re: SAG-AFTRA Picketing EA Today Oct 24, 2016, 12:19 Acleacius

Like or not, voice actors can make or break a game. Think about how abusive it was in Oblivion. Remember there were a handful of VA expected to do over 1000 characters. VA instrument is their voice and can easily be overused (remember the good old days of concerts, real concerts) and abuse. ea if infamous for being abusive. Secondly there is no evidence VA are trying to overcharge/cripple indie developers.

There's no way, I'm siding with a corporation making billions of dollars a year, without some evidence. It would be like siding with oil companies on Climate Change. The only evidence oil companies have is manufactured marketing spin. I suspect ea is extremely familiar with the technique of manufactured evidence.

News Comments > Sky Break Released
2. Re: Sky Break Released Oct 23, 2016, 16:51 Acleacius

Does seem pretty cool for small indie and nice price too. Most of the complaints sound fixable in a patch or three.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2016, 15:29 Acleacius

Same here, great fun, especially the melee! Lighter
Honestly xana was so annoying I had to make a mod to make her talk less often Xana STFU. Looked the other day and Nexus now has 50+ mods for Dark Messiah.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2016, 13:16 Acleacius

Phasenoise wrote on Oct 23, 2016, 10:26:
In addition to mei and zarya, they just added sniper granny too.

This probably means the next female they add will have to swing back the other way and just be a giant flying boob.
Wait...what, why didn't Blue include the granny in his hip hop, ring a ding? Suggwink

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2016, 19:54 Acleacius

Damn, should have known better than to try and correct prozaic p0rn! Paperbag  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2016, 17:24 Acleacius

Worship
Tracer's tights set up us the bomb.
Tracer's tights set us up the bomb. ?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2016, 18:12 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 11:24:
Love to play Battlefield but I'm not about to supplant my decision to never use Origin, "it's really not that bad a platform" bleating not withstanding.
Agree but I did have to look up bleating. Protest

Woohoo, the internet is coming back up, I can see Soundcloud again. Seems half the world was hacked today.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
64. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 20, 2016, 16:50 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 18:16:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 17:51:
It was all in jest, well not the plank walking! Mwahaha

Yeah, my post wasn't meant as a rant at you personally. It just surprises me some folks will write off a company when a game doesn't come to their platform of choice. Exclusives are nothing new...
It's a bit easier at least for me with rockstar, since their obviously a bunch of jerks. Not only the way they handle PC ports, but GTA is a good example too. Their stories suck because they give no option to be neutral or good. They force being a villain on players. I'm not saying take away all the villain aspects but not even offering a neutral, that's complete dickishness. Protest

While I don't have any scientific info, to me it seems like exclusives are slowly dying.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 20:19 Acleacius

That's true about unemployment, Retired. Hope I'm getting the names and dates at least close here....There are 2 reports on employment issue by the government (bureau of labor statistics) each quarter(?).

Iirc, E2 and E4. Politicians started quoting E2 instead of E4 for the first time in 1995ish. It monitors employment for the last 6 months, instead of everyone, i.e. E4. It helped Corporations hide the lose of lots of jobs going overseas from NAFTA, in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Bush/congress used it exclusively in 2000s and Obama/congress has continued it.

News Comments > Accounting VR Game for Free
13. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 20:04 Acleacius

Thanks HoSpanky appreciate the tips...

Guess, I'll get around to trying it one day, but as an uninformed gamer it just seems like everything you described has/could been done with a keyboard. In a sense, we have full z axis way back with Decent and my/most mouse movements are/can be extremely sensitive. I'm not saying it would be exactly the same, but with the skilled developers in the world, it just seems probable it could be done. Hell, I bet there are people working on hacks. Even though I've never even looked into it, but maybe it doesn't really matter if the developer doesn't care enough to bother.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 17:04 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 16:20:
I stopped watching Luke Cage when they started talking about magical alien bullets

a guy who is invulnerable and who goes up against normal mooks with guns will never be thrilling. And like nin, the musical act of the week is just so frikking boring. A comic book nerd colleague of mine says it's very much in line with the comics, though, since that was all blaxploitation (is that even a word?), so whatever.

There's plenty better stuff to watch. At least Iron Fist is looking good.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I made it through 6 episodes, but couldn't finish it. I really wanted to like it, too. I watched all the Daredevil and Jessica Jones. It was damn hard for me to watch intense abuse scenes in JJ, especially from a nigh unstoppable villain. Sniff

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 16:59 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 16:40:
He didn't eat a pepper, he ate pepper puree put on a burger. It wasn't so much the pepper (read the article) but all hard core vomiting he did after eating it.
That's the trick many of these restaurants use with trying to get publicity. They make sure there's lots of oil and other things to intensify the heat. That way they rarely ever have to give away a free meal, in these challenges.

11. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 16:55 Acleacius

Quboid and GabaJohnson, thanks good to know. Salute

Dagnamit, seriously? It's not like profit ever interest developers. I really appreciate you going to all the trouble of using your keyboard. Thankfully it's included with your setup, otherwise imagine the rest of us here the dark. Giggle

4. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 13:24 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 12:32:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 19, 2016, 11:34:
I must be missing something obvious and asking a dumb question here but why do VR games require a VR headset? Doesn't it just give the perception of 3D. It's not like a room isn't a room, in a VR game. It seems more like deciding whether you want speakers or headphones, the game will still play.

Remember all the shitty Kinect games? Yup, that's why.
Oh damn too bad, thanks. You figure developers and publishers would be smarter. I don't know much about it but remember movies doing 3D with special glasses. At least they had intelligence to target everyone with potential sales, not just those that put out for the glasses. It's hard to believe they aren't smart enough to develop a non VR interface. Rolleyes

1. Re: Accounting VR Game for Free Oct 19, 2016, 11:34 Acleacius

I must be missing something obvious and asking a dumb question here but why do VR games require a VR headset? Doesn't it just give the perception of 3D. It's not like a room isn't a room, in a VR game. It seems more like deciding whether you want speakers or headphones, the game will still play.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2016, 01:49 Acleacius

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 16:48:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2016, 15:09:
Btw eRe4s3r remember ... Bernard's line during Skype? Think the direct quote is “tough to get a line out here,”

This seems to completely discount your theory.

Well yeah that line makes you wonder, but it could also mean they are in the arctic or underwater. Or even on a spacestation... Moon and Mars have much lower gravity than Earth, you might build everything heavier to compensate, but this would not explain why "customers" aren't jumping around everwhere
Maybe that's why the... the bullets bounce off?

You could easily be correct, who knows what their version of Earth looks like in 50 years. This and the MIB are still the biggest mysteries.

It's Nolan and he is defiantly doing Time shifting, maybe not Memento shifting but something. Those final scenes with Dolores at the ranch and it's impossible atm to tell which shift is present and which is past. It's like all her memories are bleeding together. So in theory she could be meeting William and Logan 30 years ago or in the present as we know it. I.e. with Bernard who was NOT there 30 years ago.

Thing is, anytime there have been memories shown in the past, whether dreams or awake, we see them observing them not physically reenacting them. So we must be with Dolores in the present, which would mean William and Logan are in the present.

4558 Comments. 228 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo