Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4560 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 29, 2016, 22:36 Acleacius

Wasn't the first game really buggy at release?  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
4. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 01:01 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 00:17:
Really wish they hadn't gotten rid of daily deals/flash sales/community choice sales. Without those extra discounts, the Steam sales are pretty mediocre.
Couldn't agree more and it seemed to have a cascade effect too. Other site like GOG's sale prices are weaker too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2016, 12:15 Acleacius

Oswald, is so simple it's believable. The real conspiracy was our own spy agencies as usual. All those years of treason and lies, fueled the cold war for the profit and power.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 17:36 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 15:22:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 15:16:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 13:37:
I was bitten by a spider at night while sleeping the wound was circular blue and black. So I was no threat to it, but it attacked anyway. Hard to believe anyone would complain about killing poisonous spiders, who would easily kill his wife and children.

Now I'm more scared of you guys! Flamethrower

You were no threat...until you started slowly rolling over onto it, making horrible, deafening noises out of your gaping maw! That spider is an Arachnid Hero!

I wonder if it was actually a spider, and not some other horrible small creature... lurking, even now, in the shadows of your room?

Good luck, sleep tight!

Waiting in your pillowcase...quietly waiting...

Oh thanks nerds! Giggle
Yeah it freaked me out, didn't mention the purple in there too. I went to the doctor to get a diagnosed.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 13:37 Acleacius

I was bitten by a spider at night while sleeping the wound was circular blue and black. So I was no threat to it, but it attacked anyway. Hard to believe anyone would complain about killing poisonous spiders, who would easily kill his wife and children.

Now I'm more scared of you guys! Flamethrower

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 00:02 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 23:35:
Red Dead Redemption is still one of the best games in 10 years for the characters, storytelling and just everything, and I generally hate Westerns (unless you count Back to the Future 3). If you are talking about Playstation Exclusives then I really can't help you. I heard Infamous 3 wasn't bad, but The Last of Us, and Heavy Rain were pretty much held at the top of the list for story telling. There is another Zombie game coming out soon called Days Gone that looks amazing, and also Horizon Zero Dawn looks fairly unique.
I thought about RDR. Worried it was more based on the open world, than it being a great story too, thanks. Thanks

Not PS exclusives only, I meant console exclusives only, since I could play most anything else on my PC. A lot of tv series are going to be taking a break soon. Instead of watching reruns, thought I might download a couple of game walk-throughs to watch instead.

MoreLuckThanSkill I felt the same, then found a 4 gig walk-through, with no comments for Last of Us. They set it up like a movie and it was pretty cool. It worked pretty good as a 8(?) hour movie, you might consider it. Lighter

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 18:56 Acleacius

So no console only recommendations? I didn't buy a console but thought about watching a good game movie like the 4 gig, The Last of Us. The more I started looking at this Heavy Rain, the less I was interested. It seems to disjointed and often mundane.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 12:57 Acleacius

BobBob wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 12:14:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 10:51:
Sounds like your being serious, so I'll try to answer in one sentence.

'The Republican Party Has Become the Most Dangerous Organization in World History' Chomsky

I'm not sure if you meant to post a link, but here is the full text:

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/16219

It's an interesting read. Thumbsup
Nah, was just quoting a significant point. He's considered the living Einstein of Linguistics in every country in the world, except one. It's because he doesn't speak in 15 second sound bites for tv and he's a humanitarian instead of the capitalist. Guess I should say failed capitalism, if I was quoting Greenspan, Stiglitz, Krugman or Katz.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 12:02 Acleacius

What are some really good console only games along the lines of "The Last of Us"? They don't have to be apocalypse based, just looking for excellent stories. Someone suggested Heavy Rain for example.

Thanks

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 10:51 Acleacius

BobBob wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 10:41:
I respect the intellectualism here more than any other online discussion forum.

Here are some questions:

Is this new administration going to suppress civil liberties? Will its ideology and staff choices be an enabler for hate groups and extremist individuals to discriminate against people with disabilities, LGBTQ, women, and minorities? Will it normalize acts of bullying? Will it reverse years of climate change policy? Will it cooperate with known oppressive governments? Or all these published articles and debates a bunch of hype brought about by major news and media outlets to increase ratings?
Sounds like your being serious, so I'll try to answer in one sentence.

'The Republican Party Has Become the Most Dangerous Organization in World History' Chomsky

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 16, 2016, 20:13 Acleacius

Retired wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 17:29:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 17:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 15:07:
It's a 1 time purchase like Guild Wars series. As other's stated they took the single player part and added more people

But make you live in a tightly controlled world, where you are basically the equal to everyone. If it were coop skyrim with player ran servers... fresh and fun would live there, I wouldn't be bound to boring equality. That to me that is the downfall of a mmo... it has to be under rigged rules.

I am very surprised we don't have a coop Skyrim. Would be awesome. Have my own Skyrim world that friends can connect to......
Just now getting it for Morrowind, so hopefully in the next 10 or 20 years. Urk
Morrowind - TES3MP video

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 14:03 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 13:01:
I've seen the needle and the damage done....
Damn, now I'll spend the day listening to Neil Young!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 16, 2016, 13:58 Acleacius

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 11:34:
What do you guys think of this game?
I enjoyed it and played it on and off for 2 years. As LittleMe says it's well written and acted. I'd add the world it very well developed. It was pretty cool seeing the whole world of TES. Spending time there was fun to me and the 3 main storylines (Daggerfall, Ebonheart and Dominion were fun to play. Personally I like doing quests, so can't tell you about pvp or just grinding your levels.

I preferred the old xp veterans system. There's a mod called "Fast Report" I've used since prerelease to report botters and hackers. To me the new system, where Advanced Points are account wide, is a gold mine to botters. Now all they have to do is get their accounts to level 50 (under the old veterans system it was 65) and all their toons have access to Advanced Points. Probably makes selling accounts much easier.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 12:49 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 10:39:
I've never had a problem with the needle, but generally have a slightly sore shoulder for a day or two. But it's not a big deal, in my experience.

I always get it in my right arm, since I sleep on my left side. I got lucky this year, the nurse was so good I didn't even feel the needle going in or out, no pain after. I've defiantly had them sting before as Blue mentioned. I think it's when they get the angle into the tissue/muscle wrong. I'm thinking more horizontal, is a better angle.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2016, 19:44 Acleacius

After reading/checking a bit more, one final point. Those cases existed before and there seemed to be an microscopic increase with people who got the flu shot. So this is not even proven science, but a reported statistic. There doesn't seem to be a single study testing the hypothesis "the only way, this increase could happen is with a flu shot".

So nothing scientific, it's all based on beliefs of a never verified statistic from a half a century ago.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2016, 17:45 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 14:53:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 14:27:
At least here in Texas they highly suggest getting the shot before Halloween. Guess it could be flu spreads faster in warmer climate, not sure.

I'm not sure what to say to people with Cutter's beliefs. Is this an actual scientific case? I've never heard of that kind of reaction. It sounds very much like the same style argument as people who say "it actually gives you the flu". Every time it gets disproven by science and medicine, the 'it causes' escalates. Just ask the Einstein of science and medicine Jenny McCarthy.

There is always 'some story' 'someone heard', which apparently disproves all of known science. It's the foxnews methodology, facts don't matter only 'the accusation of the allegation'.
Only this time it's real, it's just not something I would be fearful of because of the odds. I personally knew a person who was relearning how to walk and talk after a flu shot. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/guillainbarre.htm
I appreciate the link and understand what your trying to say and your meaning. The thing is, you are talking about a few incidents from more than 40 years ago. I really don't need to tell you about the advancements in medicine and science in the last 40 years. All I would do is caution you on using small isolated incidents nearly half a century ago to justify attacking modern medicine and science. This is just how fringe beliefs and delusions are fed.

There is overwhelming evidence the flu vaccine works. Just as there is overwhelming evidence Climate Change is real. People are so willing to believe 'histrionic claims'. When fakenews network viewers were questioned about Climate Change they answered 90%+ of the questions incorrectly. It's been proven over and over, delusional people can't comprehend facts.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2016, 14:27 Acleacius

At least here in Texas they highly suggest getting the shot before Halloween. Guess it could be flu spreads faster in warmer climate, not sure.

I'm not sure what to say to people with Cutter's beliefs. Is this an actual scientific case? I've never heard of that kind of reaction. It sounds very much like the same style argument as people who say "it actually gives you the flu". Every time it gets disproven by science and medicine, the 'it causes' escalates. Just ask the Einstein of science and medicine Jenny McCarthy.

There is always 'some story' 'someone heard', which apparently disproves all of known science. It's the foxnews methodology, facts don't matter only 'the accusation of the allegation'.

13. Re: popular threads changed . Nov 14, 2016, 12:59 Acleacius

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 12:35:
I'm really dissapointed with Westworld so far. Granted, haven't seen the last episode yet, but apart from the first episode the show feels like it's dragging its heels at least it does so to me. There is no real excitement or danger since none of the humans can get hurt, the hosts keep coming back and the mystery of the maze is just nowhere even close to unraveling. I keep waiting for something to happen and it never does. Without spoiling it for me, does something significant finally happen in episode 6?
Do you mean episode seven, six was last week 11/6? Personally I'm more interested in Dolores's story, so episode 6 didn't have much appeal for me. Things are starting to happen, absolutely. There's only 3 episodes left in the season. So unless it's really painful for you to watch or you have a huge backlog of better shows, it's probably a safe bet things are going to get pretty crazy.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2016, 12:05 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 11:22:
All I know is: IMDB lists the actress as 9 episodes, not 7.

I can't figure out what happened to Lili Simmons, she got a recurring role. Hope they didn't have to cut her scenes to the last 3 episodes. Unless someone else saw her, but I specifically looked for her with no luck.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2016, 11:03 Acleacius

Blue wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 10:21:
nin wrote on Nov 14, 2016, 10:11:
Spoilers: I'm guessing that body being printed on the table is the new Theresa Cullen?

Quite the episode...

Spoilers: I agree... I was surprised he didn't have one all printed up and ready to roll already (having her just disappear would obviously be more than a little odd). I think they sacrificed a little "realism" in that scene for drama, as walking away leaving her body there was striking, but a little odd. It had a little of that 'cool guys don't look back at the explosion' deal.
Did you guys see the preview? Don't read the spoilery tag I'm adding if you did not. It doesn't sound like it, because.....Ford is showing the dead body to Charlotte. Who is the one trying to kick Ford out. Wouldn't he want Charlotte fooled into thinking Theresa was still around. Or is Ford simultaneously threatening Charlotte and concocting a plan with her?

4560 Comments. 228 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo