Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4271 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 14:51 Acleacius

Yeah, hopefully there will be a way to disable Steam updates, if they start breaking shit.  
Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
13. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 14:46 Acleacius

I'm sort of a sucker for Steampunk RPGs and really liked the way the original game came out of no where. It may have not been perfect but was a really creative and a good new IP, that took most of us by surprise.

My biggest problem with it was the buff system items you found randomly. So you could/did find find things completely opposite of your build. Instead of letting us use them as a currency to buy minor buffs, the way we did skills. So often times the ones we found were just useless. The only way around it, unless console commands were finally released, was to restart the level. Then run to the location of the first, 2 or 3 in a level you could get to easily. Of course this was a huge pain, even more so for Stealth nonviolent. Since you didn't want to alert and kill everything, just trying to get to minor buff.

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

News Comments > Prey Announced
19. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 13:39 Acleacius

Wth, another game where we are forced to play a guy? Not to mention, (like everyone else) it seems to have nothing to do with the original Prey. A pretty damn amazing premise of Native American lore and culture. Lighter

Not shaking a stick at Arkane's talent, since I play and enjoy their games, but Human Head is also extremely talented. Why the hell didn't Bethesda make 2 freaking games? Arkane make their SciFi game and let HH make their Native American culture game. This could really turn out to be a dumbass move. Slap

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
27. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 10, 2016, 07:48 Acleacius

As mentioned in the thread, these are issues were brought up as to why I'm not buying pre-release or at release. Also, that I was counting on you guys for your opinions of the game, at release. Never said, I wouldn't buy them at a discount. I can and do support games I like but not necessarily at full retail, release price.  

25. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 10, 2016, 07:17 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 03:48:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 23:50:
Another real reason to worry is the last 2 games from this company I had interest in were Thief and Tomb Raider. Both have been major let downs due to the near absolute consolitis. In many aspects caused mostly if not all the issues, in them including DXHR. I.e. press button to win. Did they ever remove the forced cutscene, every freaking time? Or QTEs in TR or no jumping in Thief. This company actually thinks this shit up, talks about it with their outside voice and decides it's a great idea, then forces it on paying customers. Protest

Those are relatively minor nitpicks. The takedown cutscenes in DX:HR were brief. The lack of manual jumping in Thief didn't really have a big impact in Thief, as the levels were designed with the contextual jumping and mantling in mind. There was tons of verticality. Tomb Raider had a distinct lack of tombs, which was disappointing, though the sequel was greatly improved in that regard. Still not as good as the previous games but a step in the right direction.

I've reached the point in my life where I'm okay with games not being exactly what I want. They weren't perfect in the past either but nostalgia tends to forget such details. I judge games as a whole, so even if there are certain aspects that I dislike, I'm still able to enjoy the game. The simple truth is that games are no longer designed specifically for hardcore gamers that have been playing games for 20+ years. If that's the only kind of game you can enjoy, then you're going to have a pretty limited selection of games to choose from.
Yes, it's not that they need to be made for hardcore. I've never believe this, as a matter of fact I'm all about inclusion.

I think hardcore games need to include an easy mode for beginners. I.e. Age of Decadence, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity type games. Just so new fans can learn how to appreciate these games too. Not to mention the extra boost in capital for the developers for a very little amount of work. I.e. slap an Easy Mode, reduce enemy health and damage by 50%. Often times it's the hardcore gamers that complain about something like this, as if Easy choice on the Main Menu is so compelling they can't resist it, then get angry cause it's too easy. Biting

The problem is square's design seems to start from the lowest common denominator, the console then try to scale up. Iirc, you and I disagree about this in that you believe this is acceptable. I believe they should build for the best platform, then scale it down to different levels for less powerful hardware. So often I agree with many of your points, but just not how a developer should get there. Giggle

23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 23:51 Acleacius

(duplicate deleted comment)  

22. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 23:50 Acleacius

Another real reason to worry is the last 2 games from this company I had interest in were Thief and Tomb Raider. Both have been major let downs due to the near absolute consolitis. In many aspects caused mostly if not all the issues, in them including DXHR. I.e. press button to win. Did they ever remove the forced cutscene, every freaking time? Or QTEs in TR or no jumping in Thief. This company actually thinks this shit up, talks about it with their outside voice and decides it's a great idea, then forces it on paying customers. Protest  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2016, 23:17 Acleacius

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 20:03:
Red wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 15:34:
I loved the first Resident Evil movie. It went downhill at an alarmingly increasing rate though. The second one wasn't too bad, but that last iteration was one of the worst movies ever.

Meh, I liked them all 4(5?) ;p
I'm even looking forward to the final being released this year. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016) Lighter
The original and after were one of the few shows, where we could watch badass girls kicking ass and looking good. There's a lot of really good tension, i.e. will they burst out of the clothes at anytime! Zombie Mwahaha

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2016, 15:02 Acleacius

Blue wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 14:31:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:34:
Sort of cool, though I never really played WoW. I do like JLC.
A cosplay-clad Jamie Lee Curtis yells “Leeroy Jenkins” at Warcraft premiere

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/172176/etc-etc

In case you thought I was ignoring you.
Nah, I just missed it as usual. Embarrassed

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2016, 11:39 Acleacius

Not sure how it works in different states. Iirc, think you can call Labs directly and ask/buy non critical type blood tests.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2016, 11:34 Acleacius

Sort of cool, though I never really played WoW. I do like JLC.
A cosplay-clad Jamie Lee Curtis yells “Leeroy Jenkins” at Warcraft premiere

20. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 11:25 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:15:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:14:
nin wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:12:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:48:
Remember in their first game, where they forced players to listen to that psychopath alex jones on the radio? A radio, we could not turn off or shoot. Middlefinger

I don't recall the quest that required you to stand there and listen?

No quest, I mentioned on the inability to interact with, every single radio in the game, while we COULD interact with other objects. Strange, no? Hahaha_no

No really, no. Who cares?

Well, stealth players for one who are trying to listen to the hall ways, with pathing guards? But isn't the bigger question why we are being forced to listen to a raging psycopath? Giggle

You know I criticize these developers for many things, all which seem legit to me and iirc others. Obviously the Bosses in the first game, the way they broke lore with the dlc. All which they seemingly admit were problems because they had special patches fix the bosses and dlc to fix the lore. So these things seem justifiable and accurate. Clearly, I'm not attacking you.

18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 11:14 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 11:12:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 10:48:
Remember in their first game, where they forced players to listen to that psychopath alex jones on the radio? A radio, we could not turn off or shoot. Middlefinger

I don't recall the quest that required you to stand there and listen?

No quest, I mentioned on the inability to interact with, every single radio in the game, while we COULD interact with other objects. Strange, no? Hahaha_no

16. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 10:48 Acleacius

Evil Timmy wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 05:03:
It would make sense to have a rubbery coating on his daily use aug hands, something with give and texture to allow him to grab slippery, hard non-porous, or fragile objects. I can't imagine they'd try to have fingers for grasping made purely of smooth polished carbon fiber; otherwise, when Adam Jensen makes an omelette, he breaks a lot of eggs...
It does fit technology wise, artificial skin would be an excellent way to measure stress pressures to create fake nerve responses to allow picking up an egg or shaking a hand.

What's weird (or stupid?) is that Jensen CHOOSES not color his skin, there by broadcasting he's augmented. In a time of violent unrest, it's actually seems on the stupid side. Wtf

I'll be waiting on guys to report about this, since I won't be buying at release. These developers are clearly talented but some of their game designs have been, psychotic to say the least. Remember in their first game, where they forced players to listen to that psychopath alex jones on the radio? A radio, we could not turn off or shoot. Middlefinger

6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 00:38 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 21:12:
Was really impressive till he got in the shower. You hear his metal feet clunk on the floor as he moves around, camera shows a long shot... he turns around and wipes off the glass with his metal hand like it has skin and makes a skin noise instead of metal across the glass. Maybe I'm nitpicking but it was really solid building atmosphere and then it fucked it up.
Synthetic Skin, i.e. transparent skin which can be injected with any color, will be around long before most, if not all these other enhancements. Doubt they could use real lab grown skin, over metal (actually he's probably got some graphite composite) , for quite awhile.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2016, 00:44.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2016, 15:12 Acleacius

Missed this, good luck and feel better soon! Salute  

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible
10. Re: Blood Kickstarter Possible Jun 6, 2016, 11:38 Acleacius

Wait, now I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong. BUT...Iirc Blood was a 3D Realms game, nearly if not complete which was sold to Monolith. Monolith basically just released a completed game, which is why Blood 2 sucked so much. Monolith didn't have the talent ATT, to do it in the first place.

Now I'm not saying Monolith doesn't/never had talented people. The very existence of NOLF proves they did (do?), but they abandoned it too.

Wait, didn't they abandon NOLF for freaking FEAR crap? Uggh..think I'm going to be sick, for just remembering the abandonment. Puke Stab

News Comments > WoW Increasing Draw Distances
11. Re: WoW Increasing Draw Distances Jun 5, 2016, 19:55 Acleacius

Now that's kicking it up a notch! Four pixels per square inch, far as the eye can see! Giggle

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 4, 2016, 06:51 Acleacius

It's hard not to hold ea responsible and they did everything possible to screw players over with f2p. ridicky hostilely overthrew bioware and hijacked most of their games. Middlefinger  

14. Re: Origin On The House NOX Jun 2, 2016, 07:14 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 11:39:

Origin On The House NOX

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/nox/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition
Great tip for origin users, I've got it on GOG. Personally don't think any game free or not is enough to get me to install/use origin, at least at this time.

4271 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo