Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4669 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 01:40 Acleacius

Has anyone found out how much of the game was cut to make dlc, about 30% as usual?  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week
12. Re: Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week Apr 4, 2017, 05:37 Acleacius

I've mostly avoided this because of the new drm. Actually never played any game using this drm, too afraid to let that crap on my hard drive.

Can't remember who atm, but someone in this forum said there really wasn't really a story anymore, in Dishonored 2. I don't want spoilers if possible but now I've been told in another forum there is a story and it's pretty good. So, story or no story, good or not so good?

Thanks

News Comments > The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends
5. Re: The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends Mar 29, 2017, 14:06 Acleacius

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 11:06:
They need to go back to doing more games like The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. No more dumb, weird shit that feels like it's just trying to conform with everything else that's out there.

Also, the guy before me, did you mean "defiantly?" I don't think you did.
Damn, spell check is prostrating again! Protest

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 11:42 Acleacius

It's mental illness, so like trying to tell a schizophrenic there are no voices. Iirc, the two major kinds are organic (genetic) or instilled (brainwashed/learned). Only the instilled can be reasoned with if they are separated from their environment triggers. So if a genetic, has kids that aren't but are raised to think the earth is flat, they can relearn but need to get away from parent.

It's the brainwashed that are also emotionally damaged who are the most difficult. One example would be the constant psychosis being taught by fake news, who are also addicts/addicted. I'm probably going to get the states and the percentages wrong but I don't feel like looking it up. So in the north central US, the 8 states with the highest heroin addiction/deaths all voted for drumpf. Also the 12 states in the same area with the highest oxycontin usage/addiction, voted for drumpf. Basically you've got the 20 states with highest concentration of of addiction with the most serious drugs heroin/oxycontin, also mainlining fake news.

Now you know why it's impossible to reason or have an honest conversation with drumpf supporters or flat earthers. Dissolution of Sanity. Ucrazy

News Comments > The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends
1. Re: The Secret World Becoming F2P Secret World Legends Mar 29, 2017, 11:00 Acleacius

Wow, everyone has to start over and only one character slot in the new game. I'll defiantly check out the new game, it's good to know they are keeping the old TSW servers up and running.  

News Comments > Mafia III Demo and DLC Released
5. Re: Mafia III Demo and DLC Released Mar 28, 2017, 13:47 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2017, 11:59:
... And they're not doing themselves any favors with the pricing. $80 for the regular game and $104 for the deluxe? Fucking lol!
Exactly, 2k has been ridiculous with their pricing and packaging. Iirc, it was 5 years before they ever released a complete version with all dlc in Mafia 2. They kept putting Mafia 2 on sale for $7.50 US (75% off), but once you bought all they dlc it was $70 US.

It's been 4 years, and I bet they still don't have a complete version of Bioshock Infinite. Flamethrower

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
11. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 28, 2017, 02:38 Acleacius

Task wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 20:03:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 18:42:
Great idea, but here's hoping they finally get around to Arcanium next! Lighter

Just download Arcanum Multiverse Edition if you need it 'enhanced.'
Thanks, I'll check it out.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
2. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 18:42 Acleacius

Great idea, but here's hoping they finally get around to Arcanium next! Lighter  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 18:28 Acleacius

That's interesting about the Food Portions, wonder if it explains the Food Waste. Iirc, here in the US, 45% of Food is wasted and ends up in the trash.

I wonder how it correlates to processed foods, with added fillers and programed taste addiction. Salt for example, seems like every single serving, of every food in every meal, of the day is about 200 mg. So if you have 5 servings each meal, 3 times a day it puts you at about 3000 mg. Of course, that doesn't include potassium either. Sugar is the same way, especially with all the hidden and different sweeteners in each food.

So not only are we overeating and wasting massive amounts of food but actual taste is being programed at an addiction level, near to if not same way as cigarettes. Most people freak out at the prospect of having to cut out just one of those three. Crazy

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 16:00 Acleacius

Pigeon wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 13:10:
It's been a few months so the details escape me, but I was always under the impression there wasn't ever supposed to be an answer to if the hosts were expressing free will. It was intentionally left ambiguous to make the viewer question what free will really is and by extension do we, humans, actually possess free will or are our choices only bound by our biological programming... Stop ruining great Sci-fi by giving 'answers' to the piongant moments.
FYI, no spoilers from me either.

Exactly, what the hell does it say about the writing and intent. The whole season they obfuscated choice versus programing. This proves they are just screwing with us, as there was no way in hell for anyone to know it was a choice till the writers told us.

I'm probably in the minority as usual but I hated the MIB revel. Since seeing the finale I haven't been able to watch the whole series again. Even though I saw the signs/red herrings, I hoped the whole time it was just another diversion.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2017, 18:55 Acleacius

Is there an addon for Firefox, that hides your location? I.e. so we can watch youtube videos which are region blocked. Iirc, MafiaFire addon used to but is no longer working.

@robdot Afaik, the problem I see with what you posted is, everything in space is or becomes round. If what you said was true/accurate it wouldn't be possible for space to be flat and infinite, due to gravitational waves and centrifugal force, even galaxies.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2017, 00:53 Acleacius

Lmao, self serving justification, obviously a norquist dupe or stooge. Oh, wait maybe a ryanian fool, trying to tie themselves to one of the, if not the largest profitable industries, video games.

So now they have a answer, 'our delusional belief system' really does exist, in imaginary video games! Except it doesn't, no where near the same. Giggle

Remember these people(?) are willing to destroy the economies of the world, to force their delusions on the world. They don't exist, never have, ever. In any country, any world, any dimension, any timeline or any universe. BUT, they are right. Just ask them, they'll tell you. Not only that but they are willing to torture and kill to get it. Because people will suffer and die because of their polices, and already have.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 17, 2017, 17:35 Acleacius

No way Google will let this slide. It's clearly some judge who has no idea what they are doing. Any hacker doing something like this would be using anonymous proxy searches like Duck and Go or gibru. So it's clearly fraudulent to link Google to this action.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2017, 11:02 Acleacius

Holy Shit, Grace! Worship  

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
47. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 19:35 Acleacius

Bundy wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 09:53:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 01:30:
It's hard to decide who to support in this carmack seems to be a complete and arrogant asshat. Iirc, it was around Quake III when he said he didn't care what his customers/fans wanted, he makes what he wants to.

I know more than a few game devs, and all of them consider their personal projects to be works of art (whether they're good or not). As such all of them share this attitude, they're making the game they want to play. Not the game you want them to make for you. It's your choice whether you want to play it or not, but that's it.

EDIT: I wonder at what point this whole thing gets annoying enough to facebook that they just buy Zenimax outright. The company is worth about 2.5 bn, according to a quick google search. That's less than facebook's last quarterly profit.
I disagree completely or maybe you just know sucky developers. Also if you think he considers his work art, I might lmao. Kickstarter, not to mention all the competition in different genre of games, necessitates good customer relations. His constant personal arrogance has led to id's fall, as I mentioned with previous examples, pre Doom III and beyond. Remember before zeni bought them, id games were repetitive, uninspiring, but had potential. Rage for example, horrible engine poorly executed development, average on foot missions, poor ending and terrible character dialog but strong driving missions.

Can't comment about facebook, since I've never joined or ever used social media, outside forums. Iirc, facebook is in the middle of a shitstorm atm, so having money might not actually help them.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 16:05 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 15:22:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:33:
Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:16:
And you run and run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Wait does this mean your watching Legion? ;)

No, that's a quote from a song called "Time" by a band called "Pink Floyd". I don't watch silly TV shows.
I knew, was making reference since it's like watching Dark Side of the Moon as a tv show and is the inspiration of the show.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 11:22 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:58:
It's a full length feature https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_brand_new_testament/
Looks pretty hilarious and I don't mind subtitles, count me in!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2017, 10:33 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 10:16:
And you run and run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Wait does this mean your watching Legion?

Btw, found this funny video, but I'm worried Blue doesn't want something so unholy posted on the front page. I had to watch a couple of times to make sure. Giggle
The Power of Christ Compels You!

33. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 09:12 Acleacius

Slick wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 02:02:
You describe EA as "Raping and pillaging with DLC" and "they FORCE you to buy X Y and Z"

Yeah... just like I was FORCED to buy the horse armor in Oblivion Rolleyes

And you don't see the irony when I mention that people seem to treat some publishers different than others.

And if you think that my super scientific study of never hearing ANYONE EVER give two flying fucks about what studio bankrolled a certain movie, and yet EVERY THREAD on this forum that at least mentions EA will have multiple people saying: "I'll never buy any game from EA on principle, even if I like and want to play that game" isn't good enough for you, then congrats, you're living in the bubble.
Nope I get irony and rollseyes too, but once again neither apply except for you. You must have not ever played ME2, because you would know the dlc were characters, who actually contributed to the main story. Since you don't get irony, I'll spell it out. They wrote the story and stripped out character then charged extra to get the complete game.

Unless you actually thought point was about Armor, which would be hilarious. [But not laughing with you, kind of hilarious]. Giggle

NetHead wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 08:09:
Acleacius wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 01:30:
It's hard to decide who to support in this carmack seems to be a complete and arrogant asshat.

He could be, he's also said very stupid things in the past, shockingly so for anyone with even basic technical knowledge about games.

Though none of that should effect him getting what was agreed upon.

They agreed to pay him X amount for his company and haven't yet paid up, yet you're having a hard time reaching a conclusion? If anyone here is having their opinion about this clouded by their feeling of Carmac himself I'd suggest it's you.
I agree, if they do owe, they should pay. My point was never arguing whether he should get money owed to him or not. I was wondering out loud whether I could support either on principle, since several in the thread talked about picking sides.

16. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 01:30 Acleacius

It's hard to decide who to support in this carmack seems to be a complete and arrogant asshat. Iirc, it was around Quake III when he said he didn't care what his customers/fans wanted, he makes what he wants to. He 'forced out' far more competent and talented people, in id to make a rehash with, doom III. At release it was a crap engine, that looked like crap, ran like crap and crap network code. Not to mention crap jump scares, in every room substituting for gameplay and story.

Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 22:51:
"I would like to play BF1, but I'm never installing Origin, because fuck EA"

In some instances there's no division between the "games and their developers" and "the publisher". As I've said 1000 times, you never hear people say: "I would go see La La Land, but fuck Lionsgate films"

If a corporation is being shitty, then heap the scorn, I'm all for that. But it's when that trickles down to developers making the great games that we love, then that's a bit of a stretch.

People seem to be able to make the rational distinction that Zenimax can suck a dick, but Skyrim is still great. There's no grassroots movement to boycott the next Fallout game because Zenimax are douchenozzles.

I think that Steam's business practises are worthy of scorn, but I'll be the first in line to play the next Portal, L4D, or HL game. I can balance these 2 thoughts in my head at the same time.
Right, you don't seem to be able to recognize different degrees corporate consumerism, except in yourself. While you say you practice different degrees, you seem to automatically discount others. There maybe some who don't support Lionsgate, no one I've ever heard. Just because you made up that analogy doesn't mean it's a scientific standard to judge others.

I won't install or even play origin games, until ea stops the rape and pillage with dlc, for instance ME2 among others. They force you to buy ea money which never equals out and charge exorbitant rates. Iirc, ME 2 (seven year old game) is about $160 with all dlc, using ea racketeering money. This doesn't begin to cover all their other corporate issues.

I would treat any other corporation the same, except zeni isn't doing anything like it, afaik. When zeni does something stupid, I call them out for just like any other corporation. There are obviously different levels of consumerism for everyone, it's not really difficult. Same with drm, if it has denvo I don't play it. I've still never played a game with it as drm. I doesn't matter what corporation, don't buy, don't play. So a hypocrisy defense is false.

4669 Comments. 234 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo