Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4265 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
35. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 23, 2016, 18:04 Acleacius

I've grabbed about 7 games so far but ironically seems the only places having Flash sales now, are the key sites.

Odd note, can't believe how much Dungeon Lords has been getting patched on Steam. Three times, in 6 months it's more than 11 years of the game! Zombie

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2016, 12:12 Acleacius

I saw this, in case anyone else around here cares:
Tricia Helfer Joins Lucifer Season 2 as Literally the Mother From Hell

Preacher: You don't want to lose the wife-beatin', squirrel-murderin' redneck vote. I imagine that's a key demographic for you.

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
33. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 17:13 Acleacius

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 12:01:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 11:36:
Yeah, this makes no sense, well unless the game is UNDER selling. I don't see anything near the word of mouth or enthusiasm, for doom. Guess it could just be consoles selling the majority of the games and they are desperate to keep it in the news. At least they didn't pull another idiot carmack move and make it about jump scares in every room. Rolleyes

Well they're charging $80cdn for the game and $60 for the season pass. That's enough to stop a lot of people from going lolno, and just waiting for the ultra-gold-emperor-demonkiller edition to be released in a years time.
Seriously, damn I'm glad I just avoided it. Guess I'll wait for the superawesomewaycool edition too.

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
16. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 21, 2016, 11:36 Acleacius

Yeah, this makes no sense, well unless the game is UNDER selling. I don't see anything near the word of mouth or enthusiasm, for doom. Guess it could just be consoles selling the majority of the games and they are desperate to keep it in the news. At least they didn't pull another idiot carmack move and make it about jump scares in every room. Rolleyes  

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2016, 11:29 Acleacius

killer_roach wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 08:16:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 08:06:
I know it's just me bitching about 2K again but did you see Mafia 2. I know it's not on sale atm, but a 6 year old game being sold for $30.00, with dlc at $42. They are asking $72 for the game and dlc.

When they recently brought it back on Steam it was offered for an 85% discount for the first week or two... as to it's present price, I'm guessing the music licensing rights for it aren't cheap (which is why it was originally pulled from Steam).
Yeah, I was the one who sent in the info. It was just the base game iirc, which still leaves another $42 for the dlc. Not to mention after 6 years no complete edition, either. I'm not really sure it's the music. Why use music so expensive they can't afford to offer the game for sale, for 2 years? Why not change the music? There are tons of solutions. And again, why is a 6 year old game total price $72, on sale or not?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jun 21, 2016, 08:06 Acleacius

I know it's just me bitching about 2K again but did you see Mafia 2. I know it's not on sale atm, but a 6 year old game being sold for $30.00, with dlc at $42. They are asking $72 for the game and dlc.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection
2. Re: Fallout 4 Console Mod Theft Protection Jun 19, 2016, 12:12 Acleacius

No kidding Morrowind is still going strong 14 years later, because of mods.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2016, 11:31 Acleacius

Retired wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 11:00:
I am of the mind no one knows what coffee does.....all the articles recently are bonkers.
I know right, just this week I was going to point out.

Good reason to give another dinner a shot, Mrs Blue just wants two dinners this year! Cake

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
32. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 14:37 Acleacius

Thanks for the tips on cdkeys and gamesdeal, both are new to me.

Funny thing about both my lists on Steam and GOG at least 50% are games I played long before I joined Steam. I just wanted to have digital copies. I'm more of a budget shopper, never just grab games because they are cheap or free. I like Tyrric's list too, many of which I use too.

Steam and GOG sales have been a let down, since they stopped the Flash sales. Probably why these key sites are becoming so popular. What about Amazon's Summer sale, haven't heard anything about it yet. I checked in the last day or two and didn't seem to be anything on Reddit where they monitor sales.

News Comments > Mafia III Trailers
5. Re: Mafia III Trailers Jun 14, 2016, 08:43 Acleacius

It's too bad I really liked Mafia, but another I'll be waiting to hear from you guys. Sadly, all the developer infighting and sell off of the IP to 2K, has kept me away from the newer games.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2016, 08:36 Acleacius

Most often like any mentally ill extremist, they buy semi then make it full auto.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2016, 02:05 Acleacius

Except of course it's the mentally ill doing it, EVERY FUCKING TIME. It's not like, normal stable people do things like mass murder. Especially here in the US, (at least atm) untreated mentally ill have access to everything normal sane people do, but obviously they can't process information or actions, in a sane manner. The very fucking foundation of mentally illness is, abnormal emotional responses.  

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Trailer
4. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 20:31 Acleacius

Haha, Brown Dwarf class, your finger journeys to the heart of an enemy's brown star, inflicting knockback! Mwahaha  

News Comments > Prey Announced
24. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 20:11 Acleacius

Squirmer wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 17:41:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 13:39:
Wth, another game where we are forced to play a guy? Not to mention, (like everyone else) it seems to have nothing to do with the original Prey. A pretty damn amazing premise of Native American lore and culture. Lighter

Not shaking a stick at Arkane's talent, since I play and enjoy their games, but Human Head is also extremely talented. Why the hell didn't Bethesda make 2 freaking games? Arkane make their SciFi game and let HH make their Native American culture game. This could really turn out to be a dumbass move. Slap
You're assuming the original Prey 2 would have been good. Bethesda cancelled it because it wasn't. One scripted show demo and a trailer doesn't make a good game. For a game to be cancelled, wasting millions of dollars, it must have been a total turd.
Your assumption about me might be correct, since I've liked most of HH games, from Heretic 1 & 2, Hexen 1 & 2 and Rune. Much more likely Bethesda wanted to buy HH so they would have control over them and their assets before and after release. Did you notice that behavior about Bethesda? It's not even really an assumption if it happens repeatedly and consistently.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2016, 20:20.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 14:51 Acleacius

Yeah, hopefully there will be a way to disable Steam updates, if they start breaking shit.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Trailer
13. Re: Dishonored 2 Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 14:46 Acleacius

I'm sort of a sucker for Steampunk RPGs and really liked the way the original game came out of no where. It may have not been perfect but was a really creative and a good new IP, that took most of us by surprise.

My biggest problem with it was the buff system items you found randomly. So you could/did find find things completely opposite of your build. Instead of letting us use them as a currency to buy minor buffs, the way we did skills. So often times the ones we found were just useless. The only way around it, unless console commands were finally released, was to restart the level. Then run to the location of the first, 2 or 3 in a level you could get to easily. Of course this was a huge pain, even more so for Stealth nonviolent. Since you didn't want to alert and kill everything, just trying to get to minor buff.

News Comments > Prey Announced
19. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 13:39 Acleacius

Wth, another game where we are forced to play a guy? Not to mention, (like everyone else) it seems to have nothing to do with the original Prey. A pretty damn amazing premise of Native American lore and culture. Lighter

Not shaking a stick at Arkane's talent, since I play and enjoy their games, but Human Head is also extremely talented. Why the hell didn't Bethesda make 2 freaking games? Arkane make their SciFi game and let HH make their Native American culture game. This could really turn out to be a dumbass move. Slap

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
27. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 10, 2016, 07:48 Acleacius

As mentioned in the thread, these are issues were brought up as to why I'm not buying pre-release or at release. Also, that I was counting on you guys for your opinions of the game, at release. Never said, I wouldn't buy them at a discount. I can and do support games I like but not necessarily at full retail, release price.  

25. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 10, 2016, 07:17 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 03:48:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 23:50:
Another real reason to worry is the last 2 games from this company I had interest in were Thief and Tomb Raider. Both have been major let downs due to the near absolute consolitis. In many aspects caused mostly if not all the issues, in them including DXHR. I.e. press button to win. Did they ever remove the forced cutscene, every freaking time? Or QTEs in TR or no jumping in Thief. This company actually thinks this shit up, talks about it with their outside voice and decides it's a great idea, then forces it on paying customers. Protest

Those are relatively minor nitpicks. The takedown cutscenes in DX:HR were brief. The lack of manual jumping in Thief didn't really have a big impact in Thief, as the levels were designed with the contextual jumping and mantling in mind. There was tons of verticality. Tomb Raider had a distinct lack of tombs, which was disappointing, though the sequel was greatly improved in that regard. Still not as good as the previous games but a step in the right direction.

I've reached the point in my life where I'm okay with games not being exactly what I want. They weren't perfect in the past either but nostalgia tends to forget such details. I judge games as a whole, so even if there are certain aspects that I dislike, I'm still able to enjoy the game. The simple truth is that games are no longer designed specifically for hardcore gamers that have been playing games for 20+ years. If that's the only kind of game you can enjoy, then you're going to have a pretty limited selection of games to choose from.
Yes, it's not that they need to be made for hardcore. I've never believe this, as a matter of fact I'm all about inclusion.

I think hardcore games need to include an easy mode for beginners. I.e. Age of Decadence, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity type games. Just so new fans can learn how to appreciate these games too. Not to mention the extra boost in capital for the developers for a very little amount of work. I.e. slap an Easy Mode, reduce enemy health and damage by 50%. Often times it's the hardcore gamers that complain about something like this, as if Easy choice on the Main Menu is so compelling they can't resist it, then get angry cause it's too easy. Biting

The problem is square's design seems to start from the lowest common denominator, the console then try to scale up. Iirc, you and I disagree about this in that you believe this is acceptable. I believe they should build for the best platform, then scale it down to different levels for less powerful hardware. So often I agree with many of your points, but just not how a developer should get there. Giggle

23. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 23:51 Acleacius

(duplicate deleted comment)  

4265 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo