Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4403 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 17, 2016, 09:51 Acleacius

I really don't think the issue is endings and not everyone wants messiah. I don't mind for myself, but you can't bring in new people and grow the community by mainlining hardcore.

It's the fact that the game doesn't have difficulty settings which allow a 'new' enthusiastic gamer, wanting to learn about RPGs. It's actually funny/sad in an ironic way, in that both those games themselves don't offer choice, in difficulty. And it's only because of the small vocal community, who care more about their own ego/bragging rights, at expense of the community. The RPG community (developers and gamers) deserve to thrive even more.

Imagine for a minute in AoD there was a setting for beginners. So for arguments' sake, 25% less damage from mobs and 25% more damage from the player. And Dead State offered a way to adjust the Daily Requirements for Morality/Loyality. All that would do is allow new or moderate level skill players enjoy the game. I.e. purchase and become part of the community. Yet, the hardcore minority would scream like babies, trying to control every aspect. "Oh, that's too much reduction." "Oh, that's too much increase damage." "Oh, we can't have an easy setting, people will be able to complete the game and my ego needs bragging rights."

They would turn the forum into a shitstorm, for their own egos. Not even realizing/caring that the game 'they want' is still there. In some ways it's very much like, letting the mentally ill decide how to run the show.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Remastered Fixes
4. Re: BioShock Remastered Fixes Sep 16, 2016, 19:07 Acleacius

Of course still no complete edition of Bioshock Infinite for the PC. <asshats> Biting  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 16, 2016, 13:30 Acleacius

ShakaUVM wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 01:58:
Age of Decadence is really, really good, if you like RPGs that are difficult.
I really wish they had also made, a difficulty level for beginners. It's so frustrating, that this quality work and developer will never get the recognition they deserve. It was made exclusively for the hard core audience, which is such a small portion of the gaming world. The same thing happened to Double Bear and Dead State. No matter how much I tried to warn them in the forums years before they were complete. The elitist(small minority) at codex are relentless and self aggrandizing can't think beyond their own egos, much less care about what happens to the developers' bottom line.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2016, 17:36.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed
7. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Sep 15, 2016, 22:00 Acleacius

Mom says, she misses you and you still owe her $10 !  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided OS X and Linux Plans
2. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided OS X and Linux Plans Sep 15, 2016, 16:20 Acleacius

Is this the release they add new multiplayer skins in the real money store? Can't wait to get me'a suppafly pink pony tattoo! Giggle  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 14, 2016, 00:19 Acleacius

Oh, I thought ERW was only allowed to wear dual 6 guns, didn't know there was going to be clothing involved! Mwahaha  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2016, 04:02 Acleacius

I had a few drinks, it was texts, not audio, my bad. Iirc, she even had a Tech expert verify the texts. I guess, she had him request her phone records. Also it wasn't just once she said depp did it (might have been some weird explanation for it happening once) but multiple times. Also all depp's media output seemed like damage control. Remember even the release of the settlement stated something like "passionate things that happen, but they were always based on love".  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2016, 23:37 Acleacius

1badmf wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 23:07:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:28:
Kevin Smith was wrong about one thing, he can be a better husband than johnny depp. I'm not aware of Smith beating up his wife. Sad, I was a huge fan of depp, pre-domestic violence depp.

are you sure he did it? seems really out of character. and yes i saw the 'throwing champagne glass' video. it was bullshit he didn't throw it at her.
Pretty sure, she release several audio clips. One was of his assistant, the day after a beating. He was apologizing for depp, saying things like "he didn't mean it, it was the alcohol". Hey I know how you feel, I really liked depp and was very skeptical about it. She kept releasing things, confirmed by others over and over. All depp ever seem to have was people saying he wouldn't do it. It's not like she faked the files and she donated every bit of the 7 million she got to battered women's shelters.

Edit: Started to edit this post but will just add it to another.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2016, 04:01.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 9, 2016, 21:54 Acleacius

Hadn't heard about this, it was even Kickstarted. It's getting good reviews, too.
For the Love of Spock

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
8. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 9, 2016, 21:38 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:01:
Turns out I have the first Bioshock as a separate physical game, and the other 2 on Steam. I'm probably shit out of luck to get the Remastered version for free.
Found it at Humble for just $1 more than the lowest Steam price. I didn't even check those sites, we can't link in case you would rather get it from them.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2016, 21:28 Acleacius

Kevin Smith was wrong about one thing, he can be a better husband than johnny depp. I'm not aware of Smith beating up his wife. Sad, I was a huge fan of depp, pre-domestic violence depp.  

News Comments > Ember Released
1. Re: Ember Released Sep 9, 2016, 20:58 Acleacius

Damn good deal 20 hours for $8.50 and help independent developer! Lighter  

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
2. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 9, 2016, 20:55 Acleacius

You know, they still don't offer a PC Bioshock Infinite Complete Edition, after 3 years. Both consoles have one, but not the PC. What a bunch of dicks. Middlefinger

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 9, 2016, 05:43 Acleacius

Speaking of sales, did anyone notice Amazon having an official Summer Sale this year? Specially, where video games were on sale for a week(ish) as they have done in past years. I kept watching but don't recall seeing it.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
4. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 8, 2016, 10:23 Acleacius

I had to buy my directx 12 patch at the in-game real money shop! Giggle  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 8, 2016, 04:09 Acleacius

Not sure Blue posts political hit-piece site articles. Did you try to cross reference your topic with a site that actually tries to maintain some objectivity? I can't find that info on any non-pure-political or non-antisocial site, hell it didn't even make the crossover to faux news (though I could have missed it).  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 7, 2016, 23:12 Acleacius

On the bright side for him at least now he will be getting sex! Mwahaha  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 7, 2016, 23:08 Acleacius

He forgot to mention this is part of the NSAs new technique to listen in threw wireless headphone ports cause... it's not complicated encrypted! Protest  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 23:00 Acleacius

Lmao what? Every game would look better on 4k screen. I'm just letting you guys know, so you don't run out and go get a 4k screen to watch this trailer on. You know cause, that developer was lying. Mostly cause we don't get to see all that much, since it's all covered with fog to prevent seeing details. Mass Fog Effect is standard console design ploy to hide the fact, you can't do much without enough RAM and CPU power. Giggle  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
26. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 12:50 Acleacius

I don't think rockstar is going to or would have ever done this, they are dicks. Now since 2k took over, I can see them getting a 3rd party developer to do it. They are a publisher, interested in profits and the goodwill probably wouldn't hurt 2k either.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2016, 13:22.

4403 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo