Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4629 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 16:25 Acleacius

Anyone ever deal with Win 7 and upgrading hardware? Apparently it's some kind of drm nonsense. I need to change my motherboard and RAM, so I'm a bit concerned.  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 14:24 Acleacius

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 09:39:
I like the "gritty" feel of "The Expanse". I think they did a pretty good job of showing what the early days of intra-solar expansion might be like. Politics, greed, and prejudice isn't going anywhere anytime soon...
The origin story is another cool thing about The Expanse. One of the main reasons they have so much lore is it was originally developed to be a mmog, iirc.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 13:40 Acleacius

As the prophets foretold nearly 50 years ago. Race
"Going up the Country" - Canned Heat / WOODSTOCK '69

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 06:52 Acleacius

Wait till you get to the end of episode 4, on the Expanse.  

10. Re: still 2016? Feb 12, 2017, 22:12 Acleacius

nin wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 22:00:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 21:18:
PSA: If you have not seen Stranger Things, you are missing something special.

Yeah, October is a long way off. I think that and Westworld were easily my favorites of last year.
Liked both those, also Travelers, Lucifer, The Expanse, Preacher and Magicians.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2017, 18:18 Acleacius

I missed the Snow Hell day, damn hope Gunner was keeping his Kegger full!

Still haven't seen John Wick 2 yet, so no spoilers please (i.e. don't tell me if he shoots anyone or if he's no kill ghosting it.)!

I decided to watch John Wick and Shoot Em Up, together. I always thought Shoot Em Up was a better, even though I liked John Wick a lot. The thing that really gets me is something like Taken did better than Shoot Em Up. The actors, story, action and humor was better in every way. Clive is a extremely good actor and was originally up for Bond at the same time as Daniel. Anyway, my rant for the day! Paperbag

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Steep DLC Delays
7. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Steep DLC Delays Feb 9, 2017, 23:27 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 23:14:
Yeah, well this is Obsidian after all.
Not iirc, they are using in house development.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 01:38 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 01:09:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 21:50:
Not sure if this was posted, seems to expire 2/8/2017

Hump Day Bundle

Never heard of any of those games. Anything good?
I'm only familiar with White Gold. I'll probably also hang on to Tyrfing Cycle, Alchemist and TurnOn, then trade the rest.

The FPS is White Gold, if your adventurous and play foreign indie games. It's one of the games Wesp makes an Unofficial Patch for, but it requires a bit of work. It's considered the sequel to Boiling Point Road to Hell. In case you know the name, for good or bad.

Just for reference it's a Russian take on Far Cry style of game. It's a bit more like Just Cause in that you can steal planes, helicopters and tanks. No crazy physics though, well unless it's a bug.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 6, 2017, 21:50 Acleacius

Not sure if this was posted, seems to expire 2/8/2017

Hump Day Bundle

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 12:47 Acleacius

There aren't enough Puppy in the Snow, videos to save us.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2017, 21:31 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 17:42:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 17:41:
This obvious, violence for profit shame the Puppy Bowl is really screwing up the tv series schedules. Protest

I hear that they may not be able to put it on next year. Dog moms are pulling their puppies out for concussion fears.
Sprang tails and tongues frozen to popsicles, when will the madness stop! Popcorn

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2017, 17:41 Acleacius

This obvious, violence for profit shame the Puppy Bowl is really screwing up the tv series schedules. Protest  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Feb 1, 2017, 17:26 Acleacius

That seems based on delusional narcissism. I.e. their game is so awesome everyone has to have it now. So if they prolong the cracks, people are like drug addicts and will stop at nothing. Not only to play their game but also do anything to get the money if they can't steal it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2017, 09:36 Acleacius

In 78 years, Batman has never suffered greater indignities. No, not even p0rn Batman. Raincloud  

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
14. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 10:42 Acleacius

I'm not saying these developers aren't talented or there aren't good games in there somewhere. It's just whoever is making these design decisions is clearly out of touch, endangering the longevity and viability of the franchise.  

13. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 10:33 Acleacius

Verno wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 09:42:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 08:40:
They have walked all over these IPs, Deus Ex and Theif with hubris and bad decision after bad.

What is wrong with how they've handled Deus Ex? Human Revolution and Mankind Divided had some story issues but other than that were excellent games. I think my only real rub with them is the constant loads between areas due to console limitations.
There was a huge uproar about how they handled both HR and Thief. They were both made by the same company and iirc both teams are in the same building. They focused on console designs for starters, press button to win. Secondly, even Ion Storm was smart enough to know stories need to contain empowered women and not just as sideline characters. These are the same people who didn't allow Jumping in Thief. In reality, nothing else should need to be said, after that absurdity. This doesn't even cover the Boss fights, where they forced you to kill. Or the fact they went back adding dlc breaking continuity in HR. I also mentioned lack of modding in a previous post, but that's just the tip of the berg.

Oh also, do you remember their reasoning for not allowing jumping in Thief, it was just too much trouble to design. Yousaidwhat

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 30, 2017, 10:19 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 09:26:
I mean, they've already done a battleship movie, so the bar hasn't so much as been set low, but just laid on the floor, and begged for people to step over.
Lmao, I'm soooo glad, I didn't know about it. Think I would cringe for the poor actor, who had to say "you sank my battleship!". Paperbag

6. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 09:41 Acleacius

nin wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 09:12:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 08:40:
They have walked all over these IPs, Deus Ex and Theif with hubris and bad decision after bad.

I can't really disagree with that. I didn't think the ending to the most recent was horrible, but it was clearly lacking. And if they walk away now, for a break? That's a hell of a bridge to burn...
I probably shouldn't be posting in this thread, since I haven't played MD. Thanks for not spoiling, the ending. It's too bad from your tone, you'd think after HR, sticking the ending would be important.

Whoever has been leading Thief and DX should be canned, they clearly don't understand or care about the franchise's future. They seemingly eliminated 30% of their audience (females) and another 20% PC gamers (might not apply to MD), with just 2 bad decisions. Probably killed 40% of their sales and longevity due to no modding.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 30, 2017, 09:22 Acleacius

Half those movie ideas have to be a joke, Asteroids and Rampage?  

2. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 08:40 Acleacius

4629 Comments. 232 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo