Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4407 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 14:21 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 09:59:
Westworld's creators explain how their series addresses violent video games

I was kind of getting that vibe from Sunday night...

Defiantly and I keep wishing this was a Netflix style release/dump for binge watching.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 16:28 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 15:14:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 15:10:
I have to agree, the Nolans did a great job on pilot. WestWorld had just the right balance of psychological thriller, SciFi, western, sex and violence. Theories abound on the net today, I'm defiantly looking forward to the next 9 episodes! Lighter

io9 just posted this: http://io9.gizmodo.com/15-questions-we-have-after-the-westworld-premiere-1787353645
In case anyone else is interested in a few more possible answers, well afaik... spoilers don't look!
Nope guests can't be hurt. There seems to be some type of shielding (maybe it gets hacked later) but it at least seems to be there when Ed Harris is getting shot at. I'm pretty sure, knives or a guest jumping in front of a host about to be injured. Attacks are blocked against guests.

As most of us PC gamers or techies know, it's not small. It was a Real Time 3D modeled view, capable of zooming in or out to satellite view.

Mostly theory but, Ed Harris probably caused the original Westworld incident 30 years ago.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 16:14 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 15:14:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2016, 15:10:
I have to agree, the Nolans did a great job on pilot. WestWorld had just the right balance of psychological thriller, SciFi, western, sex and violence. Theories abound on the net today, I'm defiantly looking forward to the next 9 episodes! Lighter

io9 just posted this: http://io9.gizmodo.com/15-questions-we-have-after-the-westworld-premiere-1787353645
Good find and write up! Thanks
Yeah the time-line issue had me confused at first. Think, I might have it figured out, all the info seems to be there. It just hasn't been stated as matter of fact.
Please don't look at this spoiler for the timeline, if you haven't watched the show.....
The narrative writer mentioned there are about 100 story lines which can progress. We hear them mention, they moved up the saloon robbery to coverup the incident, so some stories go for more than a week. What I think happens is when the main character of a story dies, the story-line resets in the morning. This is why we see Dolores each morning (so far.....big big exclamation mark here! ).

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 15:10 Acleacius

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2016, 08:30 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 23:19:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 18:28:
nin wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 15:05:

WESTWORLD TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just thinking the same thing myself. I'm really hoping it's more psychological thriller, with great character development. So many shows seem to think it's all about violence after the walking dead and GoT, nothing but ratings violence.

The showrunners have already admitted going the "titties and blood" route in order to "keep viewer interest." It's an HBO show, were you expecting different?
Sounds like an awesome vampire western! Bloodthirsty

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Oct 3, 2016, 08:06 Acleacius

Exactly, I didn't really mean they were doing anything illegal, just dumb(?). If their game goes on sale for 120 days a year...that damn thing sits on the proverbial self for 240 days a year at $50 US for 3 years. I can't imagine it even sells at $50.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2016, 23:02 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 21:05:
Two minutes in, robots fucking! ARIGHT!

edit: Holy shit, it's Trevor!
Omg, I saw 2 robot cows fucking! Wth, how is this entertainment! Highfive

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2016, 20:03 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 19:09:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 18:28:

Just thinking the same thing myself. I'm really hoping it's more psychological thriller, with great character development. So many shows seem to think it's all about violence after the walking dead and GoT, nothing but ratings violence.
Tits and Androids just doesn't ring as true as Tits and Dragons. And violence, lots and lots of violence. http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/emilys-editorial-reply/n8635
Damn violins are everywhere, this used to be a a respectable website!

Several review sites have seen the first 4 episodes. It's apparently been a tumultuous development. Even pushing it to 2017 release, at one point. I'll stick with it, even if the first season is uneven or overtly focused on violence, instead of story.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2016, 18:28 Acleacius

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 2, 2016, 17:56 Acleacius

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 15:42:
I'm sorry, but no. The regular price of the special edition has always been $50, as the standard edition's has always been $40. They've had 90% discounts before, though, see here for the history: https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=shadowwarriorspecialedition

My bad, good find, thanks. I had no idea how to use isthereanydeal in that way. I've never seen a game keep the same retail price for 3 years, actually any product. It's still insane.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 2, 2016, 13:45 Acleacius

Raised their prices to put them on 90% sale, douchbags. Three year old game Shadow Warrior: Special Edition, suggested retail price is currently $50 US. Middlefinger  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2016, 12:58 Acleacius

Bees added to US endangered species list for the first time.
It would take decades to repair the chemical, the environmental damage and change the habits, causing the degradation. By then it's going to be, Beyond the Point of No Return... Raincloud

News Comments > Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer
4. Re: Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer Sep 30, 2016, 11:54 Acleacius

ItBurn, iirc in Dishonored Ghosting is an achievement received when you complete a level/zone/mission undetected. So you can knock out, but you must hide bodies so they can not be found while you are on the mission. Technically you could knockout the whole mission, as long as no one finds any bodies. Now new NPCs can wonder into the zone/mission during scripted events, so I usually hide the bodies up high above normal detection.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 20:39 Acleacius

Acleacius wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 16:03:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 13:07:
And if this 'alcosynth' is for real that guy will soon be the richest man on the planet.

It'll be interesting to see his meteoric rise to power and then watch the class action lawsuits in 10 years destroy it all because it turns out it causes some horrible body problem.
Like spiders being attracted your penis? Giggle
Hey what kind of official government warning would they have to put out/on the product? Drink all you want, but your dick becomes a spider magnet!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2016, 16:03 Acleacius

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 14:57:
Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 13:07:
And if this 'alcosynth' is for real that guy will soon be the richest man on the planet.

It'll be interesting to see his meteoric rise to power and then watch the class action lawsuits in 10 years destroy it all because it turns out it causes some horrible body problem.
Like spiders being attracted your penis? Giggle

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
18. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 15:08 Acleacius

The game was a great accomplishment, but the biggest problem for me was the lack of meaningful NPCs in my party. It was hard to feel connected to anything or NPC with no personalities to care about in the game. Not to mention, there was also very little humor, too.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 27, 2016, 19:50 Acleacius

Rilcon wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 14:51:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 11:17:
UKs Top Police Warn That Modding Games May Turn Kids into Hackers
Or, idiot police have no idea what hackers or modders are, but needed a little fear to keep their budgets growing. Clearly they needed to get the word terrorist into their incompetent assessment.

Did you actually read the article?

The title is click-bait, the content is basically "police" trying to get people that like modding interested in cyber-security, law enforcement, or normal tech jobs.
Yes, did you see the self-justification...if we don't help the kids they will become terrorists. Hahaha_no

The cops say, there are scary people in the world, there for we should be able to directly recruit kids. I.e. speak to kids without there parents or attorneys to protect them from misrepresentation. What the military does here in US schools, track, recruit and manipulate kids.

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased?
10. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased? Sep 27, 2016, 16:20 Acleacius

NetHead wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 15:18:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 14:31:
NetHead wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 12:34:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 11:13:
Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 10:50:
Ahh, an Ubisoft game. 5% game 95% needless grind filler.
Don't forget forced corporate login...

Just following Valve's lead there.

How's that working when buying the game on Steam...does valve ever force 'valve login' when playing a valve game on another service?

Remind me, with how many games does Valve even give you the option of buying it on one of those other services?

Did you just score an own goal.
No idea, since I don't use other services.

Don't think so since the point was about cross service forced login. Whether they do or don't sell their games on other services, they still don't require cross service forced login. So ubi is NOT following Valve.

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased?
7. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Teased? Sep 27, 2016, 14:31 Acleacius

NetHead wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 12:34:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 11:13:
Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 10:50:
Ahh, an Ubisoft game. 5% game 95% needless grind filler.
Don't forget forced corporate login...

Just following Valve's lead there.

How's that working when buying the game on Steam...does valve ever force 'valve login' when playing a valve game on another service?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2016, 11:27 Acleacius

I'm starting to get pretty damn salty!
Serpentine! Serpentine!

Damn was trying to find a video from True Blood of Terry Bellefleur saying he can't watch politics anymore cause it gives' him seizures!

4407 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo