Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4757 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 6, 2017, 14:59 Acleacius

Verno, I've just used it clean up once a month or so, using the Cleaner and Registry.

RedEye9, hey thanks for all the suggestions and links! Salute

It's just I'm using FF, Chrome, Tor, Thunderbird and a few others, CCleaner has always made it easy and convenient to clear them all at once.

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 6, 2017, 10:16 Acleacius

Anyone find a good alternative to CCleaner yet? I thought it might be relatively safe to use the clean version, as long as autoupdates is turned off.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2017, 10:13 Acleacius

Surely there's going to a challenge in court, asking for a stay against the FCC's ruling?  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 12:41 Acleacius

Occ, is it possible to disable or not install creation club? Just wondered if it was like a dlc that didn't need to be installed. I've never installed the Special Edition because it breaks all the great mods.  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
2. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 10:47 Acleacius

Isn't all this bullshit (creation club) what's causing the Skyrim Script Extender from working, which prevents the majority of real mods from working?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 2, 2017, 17:07 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 16:58:
I picked it up for the PS4, and haven't put much time into it. I'm smuggling the kid out of the city, does the game pick up after that? Because I thought the intro was really well done.
Yup, that's when the real story starts just give a little time. I'm not saying much, since don't want to spoiler you. I figured I'd never get to play it, since sony is so dumb as to lose 30% profit by not releasing it on PC, after 5+ years. So I watched a 6 hour movie of TLoU.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 2, 2017, 11:13 Acleacius

wtf_man wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 09:25:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 1, 2017, 11:03:
What exactly are you advocating, mmogs with all solo content?

ESO is about as close to what I enjoy that has been produced.

However, After playing well over a year, I was reminded what I dislike most about MMOs... nerfing / rebalancing / moving the goal posts (aka more levels). And unfortunately ALL MMO's are subject to that. There is no escaping it. I find it really irritating to have the rules changed on me in the course of gameplay.

Honestly, I'd rather just play something like Skyrim to avoid that crap. I suffer from major MMO burnout, having played MUDs then M59, then EQ.

That said... Even though I've never agreed with his "Vision", I hope Brad brings you what you enjoy.
Sounds like story and single player experience is what you enjoy. Couldn't agree more and I enjoyed ESO too, playing it on and off for several years. There's an itch I just can't scratch with single player games and mmogs are the next best thing too a good Coop game. Dying Light it probably one of the better Coop games atm, though the storyline can be frustrating.

I hate the constant rebalancing, too. It's the damn pvp causing it, which I never play. So that makes me hate rebalancing and pvp.

One of the ways Vanguard made the open world dungeons much better than we had in EQ, was faster spawning. So even though it's easy to die if your not careful, you never have to camp. It was usually easy a group, at least with a moderately populated server, since the quest lines went through them. It could get grindy like most mmogs but with so many unique classes and gameplay advances, it was tolerable at least for me.

8. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 1, 2017, 11:03 Acleacius

wtf_man wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 19:14:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 15:37:
I might have missed what your refering to in the article but they clearly know, what you just said and did before their second game. Not only did EQ2 not do it but clearly neither does Vanguard.

Huh?

He had little to do with EQ2 gameplay. One of the reasons he left was because things weren't going his way. And Vanguard turned out to be a commercial flop, although I never played it myself.

His "Vision" (TM) is to have a world so dangerous that you can't walk 10 ft in a dungeon without getting pwned unless you are grouped with several people.

In a world of cord cutters where folks watch things on their own schedule... it's difficult to rely on others constantly being available for groups, and to mainly only do "group content" all the effin time. And if you don't play his way... aka solo... you are punished by a severe cut in progression rate.

He hasn't changed. Just look at his "Bring Friends" video on the Pantheon site.
Right, iirc he was just around for about 2 to 3 years of EQ2 development. He resigned in 2002 and the game was released 2004.

Yeah, your right about dungeon designs and why they don't work well for all players, with tough schedules. Like I mentioned they did recognize it because it improved in Vanguard. It does require a certain amount of server population, for the open world dungeons. Since Vanguard was forced out early by at least 6 months, it had a negative cascade effect. If it had been completed, it could have easily worked with half the population of EQ2.

On the other hand what they 'did do' and 'what they were making' was remarkable. They literately had more than 100 handmade, unique open world dungeons. There was also 100s of hours of solo and 2 person quests, in one of the largest land masses in gaming att. Not to mention they were the first to have flying mounts. Also there was going to be missions and dungeons as sea battles on ships. Ships which were in the game and craftable by crafters, though not the largest.

These guys are the answer to, not just another mmog. Lighter

Edit: Oh I did see it and enjoyed it. Obviously showing a 4-6 man dungeon run doesn't mean there isn't solo or 2 man, content. What exactly are you advocating, mmogs with all solo content?

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2017, 11:27.

6. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 30, 2017, 15:37 Acleacius

wtf_man wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 11:58:
He's obviously still on crack.

The only reason Everquest was successful was because of lack of competition at the time and it was the first real 3D MMO (Polygons instead of sprites like M59).

The forced-grouping / camping same mobs over and over / take forever to regenerate between kills / complete imbalance between melee and magic / kill stealing / crap loot distribution / naked corpse running / severe experience and loot death penalty days are long gone.

Most people don't like the premise of sitting around to chat between kills because it takes so long to regenerate and for the mob to respawn. That's not social nor "immersive". That's an unnecessary time sink in order for the game to be stretched out for profit on a subscription (which is also why he is against Free To Play).

It has nothing to do with lack of attention. It has to do with not wanting to pay for a glorified chat room (a world as he calls it) instead of a game.

/shrug
I might have missed what your refering to in the article but they clearly know, what you just said and did before their second game. Not only did EQ2 not do it but clearly neither does Vanguard.

2. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 29, 2017, 20:28 Acleacius

I've been watching gameplay videos and can't wait to play Pantheon! Lighter

I'm stilling logging into Vanguard Emulator and helping them recreate Mekalia as it was originally. One of the many dumb things soe did was overthrow the Gnome homeland. It completely destroyed the starter area and capital city quests. I must be the only one who remembers it and fondly, all those hot gnome babes! Worship

7. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 21, 2017, 02:06 Acleacius

There have been so few times I've ever considered buying a console. Certainly less than I can count on one hand, but this game has come as close as any making me want to play. I really wanted to play The Last of US but just can't get over the exclusivity and using a controller. Sadly I'd be learning to use a controller from ground zero.  

News Comments > Vampyr Delayd
4. Re: Vampyr Delayd Sep 21, 2017, 02:01 Acleacius

Just can't get behind this one, from all the videos I've seen. It looks like 'to feed is to kill' and it annoys me to no end. Guess I've just been surrounded by vampire lore for too many decades.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
6. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 11:57 Acleacius

I don't see a direct link to the Fallout 4 steam page. In case anyone wants to see, it's rather stunning fall.

Personally I've always tried to use Nexus, since it's creation. It's odd, maybe I've just not figured out how to do it but I can never seem to browse Steamwork Mods unless the game is installed. I.e. recently went to check Half-Life 2 mods after reading here at Blues about fan made Half-Life 2 Episode 3 fan made mods. I couldn't seem to parse through it. Not to mention the way Nexus has much better categories, but actually being able to see mods for any game, without installing only seems natural.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2017, 11:08 Acleacius

Google Chrome works fine with Youtube, it's just Firefox.

I've tried all the suggestions with no luck, so I tried a uninstall, reboot, reinstall. Still no luck, so contemplating a Refresh, which will create a new /default . I worried it will delete all my Addons, so made a backup Mozbackup and screenshot.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 17:59 Acleacius

@eRe4s3r, no it's a completely white blank page with the video in the center(more or less).

@RedEye9, I am running some script blockers but the only script I'm blocking is doubleclick.net. I don't think I've got a cookie issue, most are deleted every time I close FF. I'll try to reboot.

@Mr. Tact, I'm sort of glad you see it too, since I'm not the only one. But I wish neither of us was seeing it.

@MeanJim, I don't see it, so I might have to log in to find it.

@Creston, All right, I'll keep working on it.

Thanks all.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 13:46 Acleacius

What's with the new youtube, it's just a white page with video. There's no posts at the bottom nor a list of relevant videos on the right. Are we required to log in to turn it off? I never do, hate being tracked.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 27, 2017, 04:53 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 21:27:
They won't donate the food they throw out. Hell, they won't even allow people to dumpster dive for it or give it to staff. They actually make sure it's run through a trash compactor so no one can have it/use it.
That would suck, but I'm not sure it's true. Could it be a state or federal law/issue? If there are laws, they should always side on feeding the hungry. I know 50% of the food here in the US, is wasted. Personally I've got a fairly low carbon footprint. Iirc, the single biggest contributor to global warming atm is meat (red and white) production/processing.

Afaik, the Austin stores give food to charities and food kitchens each night. I do have a real problem with how they treat the employees. They should/could feed them for free, if the only other choice was to throw food away.

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 17:37 Acleacius

DangerDog wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 16:34:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 14:29:
Despite Whole Foods flaws (i.e. mackey, the drumpf of grocery) it was a pioneer against Mindless pesticides, processing and antibiotic usage in food products. Not to mention, globally supporting lower carbon footprint agriculture and helping to establishing international guidelines.

Oddly they never seem to advertise their budget line 365 and now seem to be building a different chain for it.

They might have started out that way but have since slid into the same corporate slime pit that all the other grocery store chains operate under. Their form of exploitation is a special kind of sleaze though, asparagus water anyone?

Amazon knows what they're doing, harvesting data and money from people with more money than brains.
Afaik, they didn't start making the product. I.e. it was started by other companies and they started selling it. My guess if it became popular (not clue, never tried it) they would start making their own. That really speaks more to the people who buy it, than the fact a store carries an item for pretentious customers.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 17:35 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 16:03:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 14:29:
Despite Whole Foods flaws (i.e. mackey, the drumpf of grocery) it was a pioneer against Mindless pesticides, processing and antibiotic usage in food products. Not to mention, globally supporting lower carbon footprint agriculture and helping to establishing international guidelines.

Oddly they never seem to advertise their budget line 365 and now seem to be building a different chain for it.

And they're also pro-food waste, pro-exploitation of workers/anti-union. They don't give a fuck about any of the stuff you mentioned that's just public relations bullshit.
What is pro-food waste? I agree their worker policies suck but once again that falls on drumpf of grocery. He's a complete dick, no doubt.

I shop at the corporate store in Austin but don't ever buy exploitative items. It's better than buying at a store which doesn't have any safety policies on the products they sell. And if another chain store does has safety policies it's because Whole Foods forced the market, to make better choices.

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 26, 2017, 14:29 Acleacius

4757 Comments. 238 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo