Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4407 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed
15. Re: Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed Oct 9, 2016, 15:01 Acleacius

So, for the most part, giant and soulless corporations don't give a shit and neither should inXile...nor should we...got it, thanks. Giggle  
Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed Oct 8, 2016, 22:32 Acleacius

They've never said, they couldn't make the game for the price they set. Especially when it's a game made and successful based on fan loyalty from 20 years ago. So not even the slightest implication from anyone the game can't be made as advertised. Tools are the most important long term issue, i.e. important.  

3. Re: Wasteland 3 Funded; Stretch Goals Detailed Oct 8, 2016, 18:45 Acleacius

Did I miss them having mod support or are they going to ignore it for the W3 also?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 7, 2016, 19:00 Acleacius

Westworld episode 2, not as good as episode 1, but still good. Lots of exposition and the director for this episode isn't as good either.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2016, 22:35.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 7, 2016, 10:19 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 09:51:
Westworld second episode released early by HBO.

HOLY SHIT! - I know what I'm doing tonight...
Woohoo

I really wanted to like Van Helsing but it seems to be driving itself off a cliff. I'm no expert on lore but what little I know, if everyone turns into a vampire where do they get their blood. It's about as stupid as the walking dead having zombie hordes, who magically and intelligently travel in packs and show up, via Fast Travel from Skyrim. Wtf

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2016, 17:33.

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed
16. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 6, 2016, 23:18 Acleacius

MattyC wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 20:56:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 16:37:
MattyC wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 15:55:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 13:49:
I'm guessing it will only be free on ubi's drm site? I wouldn't mind getting this for free on GOG.

How generous of you... BG&E was a greatly underappreciated game, it wasn't say Planescape Torment, but it was as critically undersold.

Who knows if the sequel will be anywhere near as good and DRM shouldn't be forced, but asking for it for free is not going to get more quality games published.
This article is about the sequel and getting the original game for free. It didn't mention which service it was going to be free on. All I did was make my preference known. How the hell do you get to a point, where this is my fault? Yousaidwhat Giggle

I didn't mention fault, so no idea what you are talking about there. Obviously they will most likely put it on their service, which isn't ideal, as that is what they want to promote. That is all I said. Fault?
Specifically mentioning, me requesting drm free on GOG, was somehow denying quality games from being published is a form of fault/blame/responsibility. Comprehension is also a form a responsibility. Often used in written and spoken word.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2016, 17:09 Acleacius

Westworld spoiler question, I haven't seen any review mention this...
Near the end of the episode...is it just me or does anyone else see the right corner of her mouth? After Dolores answers the question "would you hurt any living thing?". It's her final closeup, right before the cut to Peter.

Maybe I'm hallucinating but, damn that girl is wicked talented! Smitten2

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2016, 19:29.

12. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 6, 2016, 16:37 Acleacius

MattyC wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 15:55:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 13:49:
I'm guessing it will only be free on ubi's drm site? I wouldn't mind getting this for free on GOG.

How generous of you... BG&E was a greatly underappreciated game, it wasn't say Planescape Torment, but it was as critically undersold.

Who knows if the sequel will be anywhere near as good and DRM shouldn't be forced, but asking for it for free is not going to get more quality games published.
This article is about the sequel and getting the original game for free. It didn't mention which service it was going to be free on. All I did was make my preference known. How the hell do you get to a point, where this is my fault? Yousaidwhat Giggle

6. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 6, 2016, 13:49 Acleacius

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2016, 13:33 Acleacius

No Spoilers....
Listening to Blue talk about baseball, made me think of the new show I saw last night. Frequency (apparently based on a movie I never saw) was surprisingly good. It was about a father and daughter, who bond over baseball.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2016, 13:25 Acleacius

Thanks theglaze, sounds like a simple fix. I had no idea this was such a huge industry.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2016, 12:11 Acleacius

Game Maker Valve Ordered to End Support of Black-Market Gambling

Is this for real? I don't play competitive gaming but I didn't see any suggestion in the report, which Valve could take to stop this. If the US government doesn't have the power to control foreign and offshore gambling, how the hell does Valve have this power. Does the government expect Valve to stop selling dlc or do they want Valve to pull a rabbit out of their ass... Smackdown

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2016, 12:03 Acleacius

Here's the Westworld link I mentioned yesterday, proving the direct connection to the original movie. I sent it to Blue, guess he decided not to post it. It's in the first 5 minutes...
Decrypted: Westworld: This series is our current obsession

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 16:10 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 15:26:
Dammit, Blue fixed his text...

Blue lost his Woody? Bow

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 14:13 Acleacius

Just sent Blue a link to a podcast, where they tie the movie directly to the tv series. I mean 'directly' with irrefutable evidence.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 12:09 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 10:52:
El Pit wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 10:26:
Is this a Command & Conquer series?

The next season of WestwoRLd will most likely be called Futurewood... sorry... world.

Apparently there was also one called SexWorld, which seems a natural fit for cable (specifically skinamax).
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 10:56:
El Pit wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 10:26:
Is this a Command & Conquer series?

The next season of WestwoRLd will most likely be called Futurewood... sorry... world.

And many seasons of MorningWood.
Speaking of woodys for Wood! Salute

One of the things that makes the show so amazing is how good it was, even after all the hype it got. It's extremely rare for something to meet this much hype, not to mention exceed it handily.

After all the reviews, I haven't seen a single one mention how well she acted 'without her eyes' (i.e. in that chair). It was astonishing how much emotion she was able to exude without her eyes. It was even possible to tell (we the audience knew) when she was ... (Spoilers follow)....lying. Or at the very least, caused us to suspect. She clearly didn't tell Stubbs everything her dad/Abernathy told her.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 4, 2016, 22:02 Acleacius

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 21:57:
Well, not necessarily a 'bad' link, the one Blue posted links to a Gameinformer link with essentially the same story as your IGN link, but yes it is different from your submitted link.

Interesting, you'd think he would be inspired by... Westworld, the movie.
Oh, well what I mean exactly is, this link doesn't work at all for me. Not only that if I just try going to Gameinformer.com, I still get nothing. Guess, mine is a dead routing issue... Confused

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 4, 2016, 20:57 Acleacius

This a bad link for anyone else?

Here's the one I sent in...
Skyrim, Red Dead, BioShock Inspired Westworld

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 16:00 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 15:49:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/game-of-thrones-s7-spanish-filming-locations/

That claims it started a few weeks ago, with more in November.

Great, I must have just noticed the headlines about filming in the winter.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2016, 15:46 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 14:55:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 14:21:
nin wrote on Oct 4, 2016, 09:59:
Westworld's creators explain how their series addresses violent video games

I was kind of getting that vibe from Sunday night...

Defiantly and I keep wishing this was a Netflix style release/dump for binge watching.

I was thinking that too, but at the same time, this also forces us (in a good way) to really chew the fat and think about what happens each week, and it's repercussions.

Worst part is going to be when the season ends, and the wait...when GOT ended this year and I thought about how we won't get more until next summer, I wanted to scream.

That's a great point and the shows' psychological mystery is one of it's biggest draws for me. I'm still hunting around for good articles, just sent Blue two more from slashfilm.com. If he decides not to post them, I'll try to link them.

I really hate to be the one to tell you the bad news (bad, since your so anxious) about GoT. They are waiting till winter to even start filming, to fit the theme better. So the show is being delayed. Paperbag

4407 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo