Total Posts
5766 (Guru)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

5766 Comments. 289 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    289  ] Older

Re: Subway bread
Oct 1, 2020, 18:42
Re: Subway bread Oct 1, 2020, 18:42
Oct 1, 2020, 18:42

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 1, 2020, 17:12:
President Jimmy Carter is 96 today.
NASA is flushed with excitement over the new cosmic toilet being installed on the ISS.
Said the designer, "When the astronauts have to go, we want them to go boldly." apologies Gene Roddenberry.

Go, Mr Rock and Roll President! Lighter

drumpf called to say, it takes 10 - 15 flushes for that new toilet to work correctly.

Holy shit, Raised By Wolves was a mindbending series. That's a no spoiler review! Winkrazz
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Beating and Gassing Americans for Jesus!

Re: GOG GALAXY Store Adding Multi-Service Store
Oct 1, 2020, 13:11
Re: GOG GALAXY Store Adding Multi-Service Store Oct 1, 2020, 13:11
Oct 1, 2020, 13:11

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 1, 2020, 11:39:
This is all I care about with GoG:
- Games are DRM free
- I can play multiplayer games I purchased with my son without buying another copy
- I can download archive backups

Any initiative that compromises or moves away from these 3 things is something I'm guaranteed to not support. If this multi-service store makes all games purchased through GoG DRM free and archivable, this is great. If not, this is a terrible new service and signals a change to their long standing consumer friendly DRM policy.
I had no idea you could Coop 2 (more?) with only 1 game purchase, which is what sounds like your saying.

GOG has no control over other storefront drm, only that you can purchase and play their game using Galxay. There will most likely be a Tab, for Steam as an example.
The worst criminal in human history, undeniably. There has never been a figure in political history, so dedicated to destroying the prospects of organized human life on the planet, in the near future.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Commercial - Keanu Diem
Oct 1, 2020, 11:35
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Commercial - Keanu Diem Oct 1, 2020, 11:35
Oct 1, 2020, 11:35

Clearly the advertising dollars are already spent for the Nov 19th release and it's why there's a crunch.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch
Sep 30, 2020, 23:23
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch Sep 30, 2020, 23:23
Sep 30, 2020, 23:23

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 30, 2020, 08:53:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:07:
Respectfully disagree, we live in a world ravaged by unemployment. Of the approximately 8 billion population, 4.5 billion are of average working age 15-64.
Your talking about 100 people, give or take. They are damn lucky to have their jobs, and I bet most of them know it.
Do you understand this is how the games industry has operated since forever? This has nothing to do with a pandemic and has everything to do with employees doing more work for less money because they should be damn lucky to have such a "fun" job. Some people actually value a healthy work/life balance... if CDPR said they were not going to have "crunch times" like this going forward, it's a bait and switch. And I'm sure once development is over, we'll quietly see the layoffs come in and justified as an "industry reality".
Yes, but it doesn't really apply here does it. Project Red is obviously being pressured by the publisher. And has specifically stated they are paying overtime, which is Polish law. The majority of people in the world want work, and there isn't any. You seem to think there is some perfect place, where trails and tribulations don't happen.

Sep 30, 2020, 23:18
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch Sep 30, 2020, 23:18
Sep 30, 2020, 23:18

Choobeastia wrote on Sep 30, 2020, 01:46:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:56:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:01:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 22:32:
I gotta say, most people would be begging to work and get paid overtime in this global pandemic.

Those that are havenots, if you work for CDPR it's been paycheck as usual. That said, some will totally like the extra dough.
Respectfully disagree, we live in a world ravaged by unemployment. Of the approximately 8 billion population, 4.5 billion are of average working age 15-64.
Your talking about 100 people, give or take. They are damn lucky to have their jobs, and I bet most of them know it.

I love your idea that people are that upstanding that because the world is having a problem that they will just simply be happy at working more if they really don't want to. Sure they will do it to keep their jobs but it isn't and people aren't as "boot strappy" as you make it sound. Should people be thankful they have a job? Yes. The counter is once again business takes advantage of a situation, "because you know some people are struggling at this special time, this crunch you should be happy with it!!!", age old tactic.
No idea what your talking about, I'm not making it sound like anything. This is probably the worst economy in world history, it's going to become catastrophic in the next 3 months. This isn't like the great depression where other countries saved our economy because they bought our products. The world economy is failing. You would have to be living in a bubble not to know it's just getting started. Not only is the disease increasing and the economy failing, but they are doing it exponentially. In the US 200 million working age and less than 100 million jobs, irrc.

This week or next, airlines will layoff 10s of thousands of jobs, hotel industry the same and entertainment industries like disney, the same. Flu season is starting early, and here in the US we have a 60% shortage of doctors before the trump pandemic. Hospitals have had record closures in the last 15 years, we have the lowest number of hospital beds per citizen in 60 years, irrc. The disease is ravging states where people are too brain washed, mentally ill or stupid to wear masks.

People are losing jobs, homes and lives by the millions. It took 5 months to get 200k deaths, now we will get another 200k in 2 months, that's what exponential means.
You think people wouldn't work 6 days a week from home, to save their jobs, families, homes and lives. Or it's some kind of happy, boot strappy life?
I'm beginning to think your extremely confused? Amazed

It is a really rough situation all over the world, but especially in the US where the response has been weak. These workers are primarily in Poland as I understand it, though, so loss of homes and employment is not nearly the problem as it has become in the US. At least for the time being.

So while I understand where you're coming from, remember that many areas of the world aren't being ravaged the way we are due to their response. And finally, a global health crisis is not an excuse for taking advantage of laborers. The company made a promise, and it isn't keeping it. This is a sad thing, and hopefully in the future they will find other ways to adapt, or they are forced to find other ways to adapt.
You are correct, I was focusing on US and they are in Poland. However, there is still a storm coming (sorry to sound like a conspiracy nut).

Winter Flu IS coming ( ) and it's packing a punch worldwide. The world economy is in a very fragile state. An orange haired idiot (moron?) is threatening to start a civil war, in the US. It's a very tricky time, if you then add in the fact is all it would take is one more viral outbreak in Brazil with bolsonaro's incompetent corruption or China's hunger problems, both are a covid-20 waiting to happen. Don't even get me started on puttin along, undermining every democracy which also threatens world stability. US and UK/EU are just the most visible atm.

Not to mention, they specifically mention paying extra to the employee's, which is Polish law. It's clearly the publisher pushing the developer around.
Project Red will probably lose millions in bonuses and sales, based on publisher advertising dollars are most likely already spent.

Now, that's the SAME old story. Protest

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Crunch Follow-up
Sep 30, 2020, 22:28
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Crunch Follow-up Sep 30, 2020, 22:28
Sep 30, 2020, 22:28

wtf_man wrote on Sep 30, 2020, 19:30:
I was replying to GothicWizard's comment about most game studios... not specifically what CD PROJECT RED is doing.
oopsie Embarrassed Paperbag

Sep 30, 2020, 19:04
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Crunch Follow-up Sep 30, 2020, 19:04
Sep 30, 2020, 19:04

wtf_man wrote on Sep 30, 2020, 18:27:
GothicWizard wrote on Sep 30, 2020, 17:07:
Please, I've seen some studios, games end up in crunch that last 4+ months of development with no OT. Clearly the industry is much better then it was 5+ yrs ago. As long as they are getting paid for the OT this is a non-issue and story.

Most game developers are on Salary... not Hourly... which is why there is not OT pay available. However, they are usually promised some "bonus"... but we've seen how that goes, like with Gearbox.

Honestly, taking any IT Professional job for Salary instead of Hourly is kind of a dumb move ...unless the salary is way above the industry average. There's almost always "Off Hours" work to be done at some point... might as well get paid for it. Now, where I work, we mainly flex "off hours" work to avoid OT as much as possible... but if it's over 40 hours for the week, we go into OT.
It specifically says they will be paid overtime.

Badowski wrote, elaborating that this meant “your typical amount of work and one day of the weekend.” The extra work would be paid, as required by Polish labor laws. Many other video game studios don’t pay for overtime.

Sep 30, 2020, 14:50
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Crunch Follow-up Sep 30, 2020, 14:50
Sep 30, 2020, 14:50

Bumpy wrote on Sep 30, 2020, 13:13:
The workers can thank Sony for mandating an Xmas release.
This pretty much sums it up.

Sep 30, 2020, 14:49
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch Sep 30, 2020, 14:49
Sep 30, 2020, 14:49

Beamer wrote on Sep 30, 2020, 12:57:
mxmissile wrote on Sep 30, 2020, 12:07:
Woke SJW rage incoming.

I'm confused. What's woke, or SJW, about this, and who is raging harder than you are against "woke" and "SJW?"

Few seem as obsessed with social issues as you, so aren't you an SJW?
And if we moved to a standard 50 hour work week, would you call anyone against that an SJW? Really?

Some people are so far over a cliff they don't even realize it.
I think he meant "I'm looking for attention!". Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Giggle

Sep 29, 2020, 23:56
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch Sep 29, 2020, 23:56
Sep 29, 2020, 23:56

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 29, 2020, 23:13:
I gotta say, most people would be begging to work and get paid overtime in this global pandemic.

Those that are havenots, if you work for CDPR it's been paycheck as usual. That said, some will totally like the extra dough.

I love your idea that people are that upstanding that because the world is having a problem that they will just simply be happy at working more if they really don't want to. Sure they will do it to keep their jobs but it isn't and people aren't as "boot strappy" as you make it sound. Should people be thankful they have a job? Yes. The counter is once again business takes advantage of a situation, "because you know some people are struggling at this special time, this crunch you should be happy with it!!!", age old tactic.
No idea what your talking about, I'm not making it sound like anything. This is probably the worst economy in world history, it's going to become catastrophic in the next 3 months. This isn't like the great depression where other countries saved our economy because they bought our products. The world economy is failing. You would have to be living in a bubble not to know it's just getting started. Not only is the disease increasing and the economy failing, but they are doing it exponentially. In the US 200 million working age and less than 100 million jobs, irrc.

This week or next, airlines will layoff 10s of thousands of jobs, hotel industry the same and entertainment industries like disney, the same. Flu season is starting early, and here in the US we have a 60% shortage of doctors before the trump pandemic. Hospitals have had record closures in the last 15 years, we have the lowest number of hospital beds per citizen in 60 years, irrc. The disease is ravging states where people are too brain washed, mentally ill or stupid to wear masks.

People are losing jobs, homes and lives by the millions. It took 5 months to get 200k deaths, now we will get another 200k in 2 months, that's what exponential means.
You think people wouldn't work 6 days a week from home, to save their jobs, families, homes and lives. Or it's some kind of happy, boot strappy life?
I'm beginning to think your extremely confused? Amazed

Sep 29, 2020, 23:07
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch Sep 29, 2020, 23:07
Sep 29, 2020, 23:07

Sep 29, 2020, 22:32
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Development Succumbing to Crunch Sep 29, 2020, 22:32
Sep 29, 2020, 22:32

I gotta say, most people would be begging to work and get paid overtime in this global pandemic. These people have great jobs, at a great company and work from home, where it's safe.
It's obviously important to the company and one of the few remaining independents (unless they've gotten bought out too and I just don't remember).
We have no reason to believe he isn't being honest, it's not like we are talking about sweeney, carmack or some other pathetic from ea and most other publishers, ad nauseam.

Re: Apple vs. Epic in Court
Sep 28, 2020, 22:06
Re: Apple vs. Epic in Court Sep 28, 2020, 22:06
Sep 28, 2020, 22:06

Clean Hands Doctrine. Smackdown Welcome

All those companies who joined epic are in for a big shock, if thier lawyers didn't warn them first.
Same thing that will likely prevent trump from winning a single election contest suit.
Though winning isn't the point, it's causing chaos and mistrust.

Re: Rumored Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered Reportedly Delayed
Sep 27, 2020, 11:45
Re: Rumored Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered Reportedly Delayed Sep 27, 2020, 11:45
Sep 27, 2020, 11:45

Same for me, never played 3.

Re: On Sale
Sep 26, 2020, 16:16
Re: On Sale Sep 26, 2020, 16:16
Sep 26, 2020, 16:16

So what's the deal with SimCity 4, requiring EA Play subscription? At least it seems to be listed as such on the Steam page. Started to buy it at a dollar, though I've never played a SimCity game.

Re: etc.
Sep 26, 2020, 15:28
Re: etc. Sep 26, 2020, 15:28
Sep 26, 2020, 15:28

Stop the non-consentual smooshing, you bastards! Protest

Re: Epic and Others Form Coalition for App Fairness
Sep 26, 2020, 00:33
Re: Epic and Others Form Coalition for App Fairness Sep 26, 2020, 00:33
Sep 26, 2020, 00:33

Kxmode wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 22:56:
Work4Gil wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 22:24:
I've got nothing against Tim and still remember him as a geek building toolsets and engines but a "Coalition for App Fairness" sounds like something Vince McMahon would be touting while standing in the center of a wrestling ring with a rowdy crowd booing him. LOL

Too much money makes people crazy.
Unchecked success could explain it. It could be he just surrounds himself with 'yes' men/ladies who are paid to tell him what he wants to hear.
This is clearly who he is, it's exactly how he haphazardly handled himself with Steam and his store.
A 'fight' based on lies, to justify his maniacal? ego.

Re: Epic and Others Form Coalition for App Fairness
Sep 25, 2020, 22:10
Re: Epic and Others Form Coalition for App Fairness Sep 25, 2020, 22:10
Sep 25, 2020, 22:10

Darks wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 21:13:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 25, 2020, 20:02:
Epic - app fairness.

Apple's anti-competitive behavior, Epic is free to make their own phone.

My exact thoughts too. Fuck Epic!!
Cheerleading Drunk2

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 22, 2020, 23:54
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2020, 23:54
Sep 22, 2020, 23:54

jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2020, 20:52:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 22, 2020, 19:50:
Just a fyi, final episode of season 1, of Raised By Wolves airs in 2 or 3 days, depending on geolocation, iirc.

How is it? The trailers were too reminiscent of Scott's recent pablum like Prometheus and Covenant, so I've avoided it.

Side note: I just discovered that pablum and pabulum are opposites.
I really like it, and has some cool world building, character building and Ridley Scott (bonus in this case . It's got so much going on for 8 episodes there's no way they could get to them all
with the last episode. Unless, all the geographic, psychological, alien, religious, atheistic, spiritual and paranormal threads are all connected fitting together in an hour?
Headscratch Amazed Faint

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 22, 2020, 19:50
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2020, 19:50
Sep 22, 2020, 19:50

Just a fyi, final episode of season 1, of Raised By Wolves airs in 2 or 3 days, depending on geolocation, iirc.

5766 Comments. 289 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    289  ] Older