Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4407 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2016, 11:21 Acleacius

Westworld, so ....Sadly, Marti, Elise and Stubbs the only characters I can recall, we didn't get any kind real resolution or answers on. Anyone have any thoughts? Clearly there are going to be humans left alive. One in particular was just shot in the arm instead of easily killed.

This isn't a spoiler, but someone might think it is, so .... Damn, I was really looking forward to seeing more Lili Simmons. Since they announced she won a recurring role back in 4/16.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2016, 17:17 Acleacius

Dishonored 2 is falling fast.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Dec 4, 2016, 16:39 Acleacius

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 13:56:
Had no idea there was going to be so many announcements! Last of Us, Wipeout, and Marvel vs C. They fucking killed it yesterday!

I was defiantly interested in hearing about TLoU II no doubt. The video looked great too, however if they my money, it needs to be a PC game. Otherwise I'll just watch a one of those well done Let's Play.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2016, 13:03 Acleacius

Take for what it's worth but I've read there isn't going to be a cliff hanger tonight. So, we will at least get a complete story. Yeah, the wait (year and a half?) till Westworld II is going to be a killer. Urk  

News Comments > Prey Gameplay Video
7. Re: Prey Gameplay Video Dec 2, 2016, 15:43 Acleacius

Damn, there has been a lot of discord with this game. It's not really a good sign. It was mind boggling they didn't work with Human Head. Not only are they extremely talented they have a lot of experience with successful and fun Coop. Heretic, Hexen and Rune were all games that have extremely fun Coop. Bethesda probably tried to make Human Head use that piece of crap id engine, just like they did with Arkane.  

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
20. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 19:42 Acleacius

panbient wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 16:26:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 15:50:
To the general thread, Mask of the Betrayer was lifeless compared to NWN2. There was no humor, hardly any emotional dialog I can recall atm. It's gameplay was really challenging, so it's only hardcore people who ever play it.

We'll have to agree to disagree as I thought the NWN2 campaign was the lifeless one - it's about as generic as it gets. Personally, I couldn't stand most of the original companions. Sorceress was a fantastic character stat-wise but insufferable otherwise - she stands out as one of the most annoying characters ever. The Spirit Bear on the other hand lives on as one of the greatest.

I also like that the story in MotB got really heady and existential, which I guess is not for everyone but I really liked it. Though I disagree that it was for hardcore players only. The biggest challenge was the Soul Harvest mechanic which became optional in a patch if I remember correctly.

But maybe my memories are deceiving me, I haven't played through it in a long while. Might be time to revisit.
Odd, only hardcore players finished NWN2 in the first place. I really have no clue how you get anyone other than hardcore RPG players finished NWN2 much less even touch MotB. There several articles where Obsidian talked about all problems people had with it. They made MotB story too lifeless and sterile, which pushed people away. Of course there were good things about MotB, that's not really the point. Yes, of course the Spirit Eater mechanic pushed people away too, not just the pacing and bland dialog. There was a pretty big drop off in sales too, iirc.

NWN2 had many unique gameplay ideas for NWN like the castle and defense. The story was pretty good all in all, but too long and had crap storyboard ending. There were a lot of cool characters Kelgar and Grobnar (one of the best npcs ever!).

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
12. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 15:50 Acleacius

nin wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 12:01:
Anymore, it seems like all my money goes to gog instead of steam. I like DRM free, I like multi format, and they have stuff steam doesn't have.

GOG: Retirement Home Gaming.
Unless it has an online component, I'll go with GOG first. I know they are working on an online system but not sure of the status atm.

To the general thread, Mask of the Betrayer was lifeless compared to NWN2. There was no humor, hardly any emotional dialog I can recall atm. It's gameplay was really challenging, so it's only hardcore people who ever play it.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 29, 2016, 22:36 Acleacius

Wasn't the first game really buggy at release?  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
4. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 01:01 Acleacius

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 00:17:
Really wish they hadn't gotten rid of daily deals/flash sales/community choice sales. Without those extra discounts, the Steam sales are pretty mediocre.
Couldn't agree more and it seemed to have a cascade effect too. Other site like GOG's sale prices are weaker too.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2016, 12:15 Acleacius

Oswald, is so simple it's believable. The real conspiracy was our own spy agencies as usual. All those years of treason and lies, fueled the cold war for the profit and power.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 17:36 Acleacius

nin wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 15:22:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 15:16:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 13:37:
I was bitten by a spider at night while sleeping the wound was circular blue and black. So I was no threat to it, but it attacked anyway. Hard to believe anyone would complain about killing poisonous spiders, who would easily kill his wife and children.

Now I'm more scared of you guys! Flamethrower

You were no threat...until you started slowly rolling over onto it, making horrible, deafening noises out of your gaping maw! That spider is an Arachnid Hero!

I wonder if it was actually a spider, and not some other horrible small creature... lurking, even now, in the shadows of your room?

Good luck, sleep tight!

Waiting in your pillowcase...quietly waiting...

Oh thanks nerds! Giggle
Yeah it freaked me out, didn't mention the purple in there too. I went to the doctor to get a diagnosed.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 13:37 Acleacius

I was bitten by a spider at night while sleeping the wound was circular blue and black. So I was no threat to it, but it attacked anyway. Hard to believe anyone would complain about killing poisonous spiders, who would easily kill his wife and children.

Now I'm more scared of you guys! Flamethrower

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 00:02 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 23:35:
Red Dead Redemption is still one of the best games in 10 years for the characters, storytelling and just everything, and I generally hate Westerns (unless you count Back to the Future 3). If you are talking about Playstation Exclusives then I really can't help you. I heard Infamous 3 wasn't bad, but The Last of Us, and Heavy Rain were pretty much held at the top of the list for story telling. There is another Zombie game coming out soon called Days Gone that looks amazing, and also Horizon Zero Dawn looks fairly unique.
I thought about RDR. Worried it was more based on the open world, than it being a great story too, thanks. Thanks

Not PS exclusives only, I meant console exclusives only, since I could play most anything else on my PC. A lot of tv series are going to be taking a break soon. Instead of watching reruns, thought I might download a couple of game walk-throughs to watch instead.

MoreLuckThanSkill I felt the same, then found a 4 gig walk-through, with no comments for Last of Us. They set it up like a movie and it was pretty cool. It worked pretty good as a 8(?) hour movie, you might consider it. Lighter

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 18:56 Acleacius

So no console only recommendations? I didn't buy a console but thought about watching a good game movie like the 4 gig, The Last of Us. The more I started looking at this Heavy Rain, the less I was interested. It seems to disjointed and often mundane.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 12:57 Acleacius

BobBob wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 12:14:
Acleacius wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 10:51:
Sounds like your being serious, so I'll try to answer in one sentence.

'The Republican Party Has Become the Most Dangerous Organization in World History' Chomsky

I'm not sure if you meant to post a link, but here is the full text:

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/16219

It's an interesting read. Thumbsup
Nah, was just quoting a significant point. He's considered the living Einstein of Linguistics in every country in the world, except one. It's because he doesn't speak in 15 second sound bites for tv and he's a humanitarian instead of the capitalist. Guess I should say failed capitalism, if I was quoting Greenspan, Stiglitz, Krugman or Katz.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 12:02 Acleacius

What are some really good console only games along the lines of "The Last of Us"? They don't have to be apocalypse based, just looking for excellent stories. Someone suggested Heavy Rain for example.

Thanks

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 10:51 Acleacius

BobBob wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 10:41:
I respect the intellectualism here more than any other online discussion forum.

Here are some questions:

Is this new administration going to suppress civil liberties? Will its ideology and staff choices be an enabler for hate groups and extremist individuals to discriminate against people with disabilities, LGBTQ, women, and minorities? Will it normalize acts of bullying? Will it reverse years of climate change policy? Will it cooperate with known oppressive governments? Or all these published articles and debates a bunch of hype brought about by major news and media outlets to increase ratings?
Sounds like your being serious, so I'll try to answer in one sentence.

'The Republican Party Has Become the Most Dangerous Organization in World History' Chomsky

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 16, 2016, 20:13 Acleacius

Retired wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 17:29:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 17:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 15:07:
It's a 1 time purchase like Guild Wars series. As other's stated they took the single player part and added more people

But make you live in a tightly controlled world, where you are basically the equal to everyone. If it were coop skyrim with player ran servers... fresh and fun would live there, I wouldn't be bound to boring equality. That to me that is the downfall of a mmo... it has to be under rigged rules.

I am very surprised we don't have a coop Skyrim. Would be awesome. Have my own Skyrim world that friends can connect to......
Just now getting it for Morrowind, so hopefully in the next 10 or 20 years. Urk
Morrowind - TES3MP video

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 14:03 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 13:01:
I've seen the needle and the damage done....
Damn, now I'll spend the day listening to Neil Young!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 16, 2016, 13:58 Acleacius

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 11:34:
What do you guys think of this game?
I enjoyed it and played it on and off for 2 years. As LittleMe says it's well written and acted. I'd add the world it very well developed. It was pretty cool seeing the whole world of TES. Spending time there was fun to me and the 3 main storylines (Daggerfall, Ebonheart and Dominion were fun to play. Personally I like doing quests, so can't tell you about pvp or just grinding your levels.

I preferred the old xp veterans system. There's a mod called "Fast Report" I've used since prerelease to report botters and hackers. To me the new system, where Advanced Points are account wide, is a gold mine to botters. Now all they have to do is get their accounts to level 50 (under the old veterans system it was 65) and all their toons have access to Advanced Points. Probably makes selling accounts much easier.

4407 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo