Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4668 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia on GOG.com
2. Re: Mafia on GOG.com Oct 19, 2017, 11:55 Acleacius

Really great news! Lighter

Iirc, the drm was a problem and this will surely help with stability. I'm guessing someone will make a mod/folder with all the old songs to be added in the drm free version at GOG. I've got the disks and Steam version, both with the old music.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
43. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 15:58 Acleacius

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 14:52:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 14:34:
Think of all the developers they've killed off, most of them were hostilely taken over for their IPs, then treated like shit until the company was killed off.

Now this is bullshit. As much as EA and Actiblizz are fucksticks but let's stick to reality here. People like Roberts, Garriott or Molyneux (among others) are fucking sellouts who were very glad to hand over the keys for dozens of millions. Some of them are even repeat offenders like Molyneux who made a fortune from selling Bullfrog to EA and later Lionhead to MS.
There wasn't really anything "hostile" about it. They were laughing all the way to the bank.
No idea what this has to do with anything I mentioned. Take bioware as an example or anyone of the dozens of other developers during the 2000s. In case you were not paying attention to gaming back then, ea was hit hard because of their abusive treatment of employees, in near slave like conditions.

It doesn't matter what you or I believe, it's reality it happened.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 18, 2017, 15:00 Acleacius

I've play all of PB games (well afaik) thinking how amazing some of the designs are and others are extremely frustrating. I will definitely play this, just not sure in release week.

It just boggles the mind, why PB refuses to allow at least male or female choice as a PC. They don't even need voice for the main PC, it would be a huge cost saver as well. I've never heard anyone in 17 years they have been making games, say "I play PB games because the main character VO is so freaking awesome!" or anything close.

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
29. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 14:34 Acleacius

Never trust activision or ea with your money. They might make a good game with one hand, but they will cause utter destruction in their wake not to mention steal your wallet with the other.

Way too many good games out there to be stuck, supporting and giving money to apocalyptic corporations. Think of all the developers they've killed off, most of them were hostilely taken over for their IPs, then treated like shit until the company was killed off.

News Comments > ELEX Released
3. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:33 Acleacius

What's a game from PB gonna be like with half the team gone from the company? Nervous Fingerscrossed  

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released
1. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:31 Acleacius

Avoiding for now, ubicrap ware and denuvo, and most importantly no Obsidian. Games from ubi developers are a crap shoot it seems, maybe this will be the South Park version of Far Cry, with spears and prehistoric animals?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2017, 13:39 Acleacius

It's not a Toomah!  

News Comments > SQUIDS FROM SPACE Free Weekend
1. Re: SQUIDS FROM SPACE Free Weekend Oct 14, 2017, 13:37 Acleacius

Yeah, well I raise your space squids to space bunnies! Mwahaha  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
8. Re: Console FoV Oct 10, 2017, 11:04 Acleacius

Darks wrote on Oct 10, 2017, 10:30:
Apparently this was a conversation from someone on discord with monolith.....

Personally, I think Monolith is being straight up lazy and they dont want to try and make it work.
It's release day, he's trying to hide the fact they fucked up. If he admits it, without a fix, sales tank because of the backlash. Hundreds of thousands of sales will be lost because they fucked up.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 16:36 Acleacius

Love you man, in a bro way! Glomp  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 8, 2017, 19:49 Acleacius

Facebook could use the Economist but the majority of right wing here in the US only trust, 24 hour nazi network.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 6, 2017, 14:59 Acleacius

Verno, I've just used it clean up once a month or so, using the Cleaner and Registry.

RedEye9, hey thanks for all the suggestions and links! Salute

It's just I'm using FF, Chrome, Tor, Thunderbird and a few others, CCleaner has always made it easy and convenient to clear them all at once.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 6, 2017, 10:16 Acleacius

Anyone find a good alternative to CCleaner yet? I thought it might be relatively safe to use the clean version, as long as autoupdates is turned off.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2017, 10:13 Acleacius

Surely there's going to a challenge in court, asking for a stay against the FCC's ruling?  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
10. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 12:41 Acleacius

Occ, is it possible to disable or not install creation club? Just wondered if it was like a dlc that didn't need to be installed. I've never installed the Special Edition because it breaks all the great mods.  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
2. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 10:47 Acleacius

Isn't all this bullshit (creation club) what's causing the Skyrim Script Extender from working, which prevents the majority of real mods from working?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 2, 2017, 17:07 Acleacius

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 16:58:
I picked it up for the PS4, and haven't put much time into it. I'm smuggling the kid out of the city, does the game pick up after that? Because I thought the intro was really well done.
Yup, that's when the real story starts just give a little time. I'm not saying much, since don't want to spoiler you. I figured I'd never get to play it, since sony is so dumb as to lose 30% profit by not releasing it on PC, after 5+ years. So I watched a 6 hour movie of TLoU.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 2, 2017, 11:13 Acleacius

wtf_man wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 09:25:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 1, 2017, 11:03:
What exactly are you advocating, mmogs with all solo content?

ESO is about as close to what I enjoy that has been produced.

However, After playing well over a year, I was reminded what I dislike most about MMOs... nerfing / rebalancing / moving the goal posts (aka more levels). And unfortunately ALL MMO's are subject to that. There is no escaping it. I find it really irritating to have the rules changed on me in the course of gameplay.

Honestly, I'd rather just play something like Skyrim to avoid that crap. I suffer from major MMO burnout, having played MUDs then M59, then EQ.

That said... Even though I've never agreed with his "Vision", I hope Brad brings you what you enjoy.
Sounds like story and single player experience is what you enjoy. Couldn't agree more and I enjoyed ESO too, playing it on and off for several years. There's an itch I just can't scratch with single player games and mmogs are the next best thing too a good Coop game. Dying Light it probably one of the better Coop games atm, though the storyline can be frustrating.

I hate the constant rebalancing, too. It's the damn pvp causing it, which I never play. So that makes me hate rebalancing and pvp.

One of the ways Vanguard made the open world dungeons much better than we had in EQ, was faster spawning. So even though it's easy to die if your not careful, you never have to camp. It was usually easy a group, at least with a moderately populated server, since the quest lines went through them. It could get grindy like most mmogs but with so many unique classes and gameplay advances, it was tolerable at least for me.

8. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 1, 2017, 11:03 Acleacius

wtf_man wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 19:14:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 15:37:
I might have missed what your refering to in the article but they clearly know, what you just said and did before their second game. Not only did EQ2 not do it but clearly neither does Vanguard.

Huh?

He had little to do with EQ2 gameplay. One of the reasons he left was because things weren't going his way. And Vanguard turned out to be a commercial flop, although I never played it myself.

His "Vision" (TM) is to have a world so dangerous that you can't walk 10 ft in a dungeon without getting pwned unless you are grouped with several people.

In a world of cord cutters where folks watch things on their own schedule... it's difficult to rely on others constantly being available for groups, and to mainly only do "group content" all the effin time. And if you don't play his way... aka solo... you are punished by a severe cut in progression rate.

He hasn't changed. Just look at his "Bring Friends" video on the Pantheon site.
Right, iirc he was just around for about 2 to 3 years of EQ2 development. He resigned in 2002 and the game was released 2004.

Yeah, your right about dungeon designs and why they don't work well for all players, with tough schedules. Like I mentioned they did recognize it because it improved in Vanguard. It does require a certain amount of server population, for the open world dungeons. Since Vanguard was forced out early by at least 6 months, it had a negative cascade effect. If it had been completed, it could have easily worked with half the population of EQ2.

On the other hand what they 'did do' and 'what they were making' was remarkable. They literately had more than 100 handmade, unique open world dungeons. There was also 100s of hours of solo and 2 person quests, in one of the largest land masses in gaming att. Not to mention they were the first to have flying mounts. Also there was going to be missions and dungeons as sea battles on ships. Ships which were in the game and craftable by crafters, though not the largest.

These guys are the answer to, not just another mmog. Lighter

Edit: Oh I did see it and enjoyed it. Obviously showing a 4-6 man dungeon run doesn't mean there isn't solo or 2 man, content. What exactly are you advocating, mmogs with all solo content?

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2017, 11:27.

6. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 30, 2017, 15:37 Acleacius

wtf_man wrote on Sep 30, 2017, 11:58:
He's obviously still on crack.

The only reason Everquest was successful was because of lack of competition at the time and it was the first real 3D MMO (Polygons instead of sprites like M59).

The forced-grouping / camping same mobs over and over / take forever to regenerate between kills / complete imbalance between melee and magic / kill stealing / crap loot distribution / naked corpse running / severe experience and loot death penalty days are long gone.

Most people don't like the premise of sitting around to chat between kills because it takes so long to regenerate and for the mob to respawn. That's not social nor "immersive". That's an unnecessary time sink in order for the game to be stretched out for profit on a subscription (which is also why he is against Free To Play).

It has nothing to do with lack of attention. It has to do with not wanting to pay for a glorified chat room (a world as he calls it) instead of a game.

/shrug
I might have missed what your refering to in the article but they clearly know, what you just said and did before their second game. Not only did EQ2 not do it but clearly neither does Vanguard.

4668 Comments. 234 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo