Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 5482 (Guru)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Horizon: Zero Dawn PC Rumor

3. Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn PC Rumor Jan 16, 2020, 21:29 Acleacius

Very exciting news! Lighter  

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 16, 2020, 11:54 Acleacius

Blue10 don't get Rickrolled!  

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

77. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 17:56 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 14:55:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 14:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 13:04:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 11:28:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 11:11:
Cue:

"Hurr durr...teh epik gaym storh is gunna stop giving away free gayms becuz they are teh suxxorz!"

in 3...2...1...
It's the only way for them to get customers, why would they stop. fortnite only made
3 billion instead of 4 billion
(intended as a joke, since serious epic people might be offended), it's not like they have a shortage of cash they need to hide from taxes.
No clue if their store is even finished, since I won't visit the site but I highly doubt it.
The store will never by "finished."
Not even Steam is "finished."
Lol, making baited excuses? Steam is long finished but evolving, it's obviously different. Unless your saying epic store is finished? Like I said, I wouldn't be bothered to check.
I'm actually referencing the current Star Citizen thread where we had a 30 comment discussion about the definition of finished. Sorry, I probably shouldn't be making out of thread references.
In a related note to other discussions, something can be illegal but not be charged or prosecuted. If epic is offering cash and handjobs to a pub/dev to break their contract with another dealer is considered a form of bribery. It's also a form of extortion to force players to join your new hack gamestore cult, to buy a game which they had every expectation to be able to buy from Steam. Because the pub/dev advertised it as such and sold preordered copies. It's just that nobody thinks it's worth the trouble or gives a shit enough to press charges or sue them for false advertisement.
You use words like "bribery" and "extortion," neither of which is EGS partaking in. Believe me, Epic is big enough that if they were breaking the law, a prosecutor would like to make a name for him or herself by taking them down.

What EGS is doing is being a threat to Steam. And lo and behold, Steam is suddenly coming out with new features: new profit-sharing structures, a new UI, remote couch co-op modes. Competition is good. Look at how long Intel sat on their asses until AMD lit a fire under them.
Once again, no one really cares enough about epic to charge them. Crimes happen all the time and people aren't charged. One example in the US is our, ineptly incompetent idiotic holy supreme leader. Mwahaha

Maybe you see it as a contest and epic as a threat or challenge. Personally I don't think of 'threat' when I think of epic, actually I pretty much laugh. Giggle

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

45. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 14:23 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 13:04:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 11:28:
Cue:

"Hurr durr...teh epik gaym storh is gunna stop giving away free gayms becuz they are teh suxxorz!"

in 3...2...1...
It's the only way for them to get customers, why would they stop. fortnite only made
(intended as a joke, since serious epic people might be offended), it's not like they have a shortage of cash they need to hide from taxes.
No clue if their store is even finished, since I won't visit the site but I highly doubt it.
The store will never by "finished."
Not even Steam is "finished."
Lol, making baited excuses? Steam is long finished but evolving, it's obviously different. Unless your saying epic store is finished? Like I said, I wouldn't be bothered to check.

In a related note to other discussions, something can be illegal but not be charged or prosecuted. If epic is offering cash and handjobs to a pub/dev to break their contract with another dealer is considered a form of bribery. It's also a form of extortion to force players to join your new hack gamestore cult, to buy a game which they had every expectation to be able to buy from Steam. Because the pub/dev advertised it as such and sold preordered copies. It's just that nobody thinks it's worth the trouble or gives a shit enough to press charges or sue them for false advertisement.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2020, 11:48 Acleacius

Here's the best "Toss A Coin" video to date for those who like personal copies of well made Music Videos.
I use Easy Youtube Video.

3. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 11:28 Acleacius

Cue:

in 3...2...1...

News Comments > Into the Black

5. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2020, 02:18 Acleacius

This is gonna be huge!, in the Zombie Apocalypse when fresh vagina scents are rare.  

News Comments > GFWL Caused GTA4 Steam Delisting

6. Re: GFWL Caused GTA4 Steam Delisting Jan 14, 2020, 01:31 Acleacius

What dumbass company is this anyway....? Oh these dumbfucks, nm. Zombie  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2020, 20:01 Acleacius

Woohoo, Ant of Goodness! Lighter  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 10, 2020, 13:23 Acleacius

Pretty sure it's the idiotic idea, of VR only games. 80% of the public isn't going to run out an buy the newest shiniest PC toy just to satisfy, delusional sales projections from corporate crackheads.  

News Comments > Wanking Simulator Demo

5. Re: Wanking Simulator Demo Jan 4, 2020, 18:28 Acleacius

Sorry, not really interested in Gay Wanking. Unless Winston Gay is a Gay Gal, Wanking her way through Gay Town. Giggle  

News Comments > Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?

2. Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? Jan 3, 2020, 11:43 Acleacius

I see your devil and raise you a 20% profit increase from PC sales.

At least for me, I'm seeing more and more evidence soe is starting to release console only titles 5 and 10 years later.
It's hard for a ceo to explain to a board why the company isn't raking in another 20%+ profit on older titles.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Metaverse

15. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Jan 2, 2020, 15:43 Acleacius

DarkCntry wrote on Jan 1, 2020, 05:11:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 1, 2020, 03:50:
Thirdly, as an avid gamer for decades, who enjoys stories, questing and character development.
The idea of the protagonist always wearing a helm annoys me greatly. To the point I ALWAYS use, Hide Helm switches and mods in gaming if available.
If not, I don't wear helms choosing to lose the AC, DR and Buffs.

This is a lore thing, not a direction thing...

Mandalorians never remove their helmet in the presence of others as per their religious 'belief' (see: training).

I enjoyed both shows in different ways, the Mandalorian was a Star Wars but more spaghetti western style than the space opera Star Wars is known for.

The Witcher, like you, was marred by the weirdly spliced time jumps, it was really disjointed feeling even as someone who has read a few of the novels and played the games. It did, however, feel very much atmospherically the same as both the sources.
I get what you mean, but that lore/religion doesn't work for me personally, practically or aesthetically .
In both KotOR I played Canderous and Mandalore without helms. One of the main reasons is acting.
The facial expressions are extremely important for character development and connection, to the real world player.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Metaverse

9. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Jan 1, 2020, 03:50 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 13:19:
The Witcher’s success is held back by Netflix’s release strategy in a post-Game of Thrones world.
Really? Didn't I just read that The Witcher overtook The Mandalorian as the top TV show?
To me, Mandalorian doesn't come close to The Witcher. The greenscreens are terrible in Mandalorian which is shocking considering Disney/Star Wars.
When I saw ep5 my jaw just hit the ground watching that dogfight at the start. It was like watching 1970s CGI (Claymation ).
Secondly, it feels like a PG rating but I'm trying to push through to watch the last 3 episodes.
Thirdly, as an avid gamer for decades, who enjoys stories, questing and character development.
The idea of the protagonist always wearing a helm annoys me greatly. To the point I ALWAYS use, Hide Helm switches and mods in gaming if available.
If not, I don't wear helms choosing to lose the AC, DR and Buffs.

The Witcher is far from perfect but it was solid R/Adult entertainment. The biggest problem are the ridiculously unexplained time jumps.
Can't imagine what new and potential fans were feeling beyond, confusion.

News Comments > etc., etc.

9. Re: etc., etc. Dec 27, 2019, 20:37 Acleacius

I'm at 8.8/10 for the series. Lighter

But still hate the horribly represented timeshifts. Raincloud

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: etc. Dec 26, 2019, 13:42 Acleacius

6) rockstar's inability/denial they treat gamers like shit and they are bunch of dicks? Welcome  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2019, 01:38 Acleacius

Iirc, in 2005 it was the political move of deregulation which removed the government aviation oversight.
But it gets worst, airlines were allowed to overrule their own violations to keep them hidden, until something like this happens.
Now obviously the public wants this stopped and regulations returned but corporations don't, duh.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2019, 22:27 Acleacius

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 23, 2019, 16:40:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2019, 11:16:
Earworm! Lighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHgowJ7d33k

https://i.imgur.com/QI9kvjO.gifv

So I love this show because I've played the shit out of the video games. The problem is.. The show is very obscure with details and expect the audience to know a bunch of back story in a lot of ways.

I really wish Dandelion did some narration at the start to explain the conjunction of spheres, where the kingdoms are and what's going on s my wife would know something.
My biggest problem are the the horribly unexplained time jumps. I'm no expert by any mean but I had trouble keeping them in perspective.
So my big fear is, potential new fans will be unnecessarily confused. Hopefully not to the point of frustrating disinterest.

But otherwise I agree with the 8.8 rating on Imdb atm. I will definitely watch season 2, when it's released.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2019, 11:16 Acleacius

Earworm! Lighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHgowJ7d33k

https://i.imgur.com/QI9kvjO.gifv

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Underway

6. Re: Steam Winter Sale Underway Dec 19, 2019, 16:48 Acleacius

The Fall sales from both Steam and GOG were underwhelming. So far Winter GOG has been underwhelming too. Here's hoping Steam at least has a good Winter Sale, otherwise just more blah.  

5482 Comments. 275 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >