Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for chuckz

Real Name chuckz   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Acleacius
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 03:22
Total Comments 4609 (Master)
User ID 1858

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
24. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 16:18 Acleacius

Pigeon wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 16:00:
Icewind wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:33:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:00:
Well, Search is dead for the moment, not the error report either. Only took 59 minutes to kill Steam.

Yeah, i'm trying to bring up a list of FPS and RPGs on sale but it's not even loading. I get the store front and my wishlist, but even on the web I can't access it.

Want to see if they've put Doom 4 on sale yet.

I've noticed a lot of prices haven't updated in my wishlist, though they sometimes how the sale price on various pages. I've still got several more hours/days/weeks to put into Witcher 3 so I'm in no hurry to buy things ATM. There are some okay deals on games I'd like, Doom(4) among them.
Noticed this too, four of the five games show the sale price but fifth doesn't even though it's on sale too.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 15:00 Acleacius

Well, Search is dead for the moment, not the error report either. Only took 59 minutes to kill Steam.  

12. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 14:27 Acleacius

Xero wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 13:31:
I might be blind, but I don't see any deals on the front, lol. They all look nearly full price.
Happened to me too, your just there too soon, reload.

Naturally the site is running like dog poo. Does seem like a few games are going a bit lower than their normal sale price.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 22, 2017, 12:57 Acleacius

Too, highly classified to say: they succeeded, even to Senators.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 21, 2017, 19:14 Acleacius

Still haven't played a game with denuvo. This will probably help boost sales at least a little, not mention saving the cost of the drm.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2017, 21:54 Acleacius

ESA President and CEO Michael Gallagher + Good: Tax cuts, visa reform, IP protection = moronic sociopath.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Delays Xen Again
7. Re: Black Mesa Delays Xen Again Jun 20, 2017, 14:44 Acleacius

Darks wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 10:47:
Well, thats a bummer!!!

I've been holding off playing this just so I can go through all of the content.
The BM team's Xen clearly looks amazing, so I'm really looking forward to it. But, you know there's a full Xen mod for Black Mesa now, correct? Can't recall the person's name but they just converted the original Xen to Source as a mod for BM. There's also a mod to restore the 4 missing factory(?) levels BM removed, in case you want the full Half-Life experience.

News Comments > HITMAN Free Sample [Updated]
10. Re: HITMAN Episode 1 for Free Jun 20, 2017, 14:39 Acleacius

I wish them luck, but could never get into Hitman as much as I tried. The controls were complete crap and also killing just cause someone told me too, never really flew with me. I really like the premise better in Dishonored (still haven't played Dishonored II) choice and freedom.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed
13. Re: Grand Theft Auto Reviews Crash; GTA Online Cheat Killed Jun 18, 2017, 15:22 Acleacius

I never played any of these games so don't really have a dog in this fight. However rockstar sucks donkey balls, like it's their mama's tits.
No matter what, always bet against rockstar. Middlefinger

News Comments > John Guthrie Leaves Valve?
3. Re: John Guthrie Leaves Valve? Jun 16, 2017, 20:30 Acleacius

Actually, all those who've left probably just want to make games and it's really not happening at Valve these last years.  

News Comments > Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge
12. Re: Dying Light's Year+ Free DLC Deluge Jun 16, 2017, 07:45 Acleacius

FloorPie wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 02:14:
Do these mods work with multiplayer co-op? A friend really likes the game and its ok playing it with others but the weapons degrade and lock picking to some extent just got damn tedious. I lost a really nice weapon once because I dared to respawn after a lame death. Some of the jumping puzzles drove me to finally quit about 6 hours in.

The intro also annoyed the hell out of me. I think it took me 1.5 hours to get through all of it just to be able to do co-op.
Just don't join a VAC server.

News Comments > No PC Just Dance 2018
6. Re: No PC Just Dance 2018 Jun 15, 2017, 08:22 Acleacius

Wait, isn't this the new Quake mod?  

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Trailer
21. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 20:02 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 03:20:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 02:32:
Quinn wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 01:51:
Curious why we can't just call the police in FC5 btw. We could use some proper police brutality!
The Sheriff is in on it, at least that's the way it is in RL. Remember the Sheriff who was protecting the bundy asshats? Probably what this is an allusion to and based on.

Or the sheriff who couldn't really go up against 100 rifle-totin' hicks with his 2 part timers.
You must be thinking of a different Sheriff and Bundies. The one I'm talking about was using his office and position to stop investigations. The federal investations didn't show any evidence he was being manipulated against his will.

Violent white supremacists, have caused more deaths from terrorism than any other group, by three fold.

16. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 02:32 Acleacius

Quinn wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 01:51:
Curious why we can't just call the police in FC5 btw. We could use some proper police brutality!
The Sheriff is in on it, at least that's the way it is in RL. Remember the Sheriff who was protecting the bundy asshats? Probably what this is an allusion to and based on.

14. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 14, 2017, 00:22 Acleacius

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 18:25:
What's with the over saturated, HDR looking visuals? The other trailers looked normal, this looks like crap.
My guess was it was a console concession. Playing CooP in an Open World game is going to take more RAM/Memory. At some point the console game has just raise it's hands and say fuck it, were are not as good as a PC.

9. Re: Far Cry 5 Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 16:20 Acleacius

So wait, ubi finally got off their asses and built Coop Full Story mode, the only change fans have been asking for since Far Cry 1?

Fucking Hallelujah! Party2

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
10. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 06:46 Acleacius

Actually Beamer there's a really good mod that fixes things like alarms. QMJS Extended Functions Mod-V2.01 YOSE is one of the highest rated mods and there's a non YOSE version. I still have the original version, iirc most people agree the YOSE introduced bugs and runs poorly.

Don't get me wrong Prez, I really played the crap out of it. My Steam account says 143 hours and CooP is the perfect option. As you mentioned, win 10 exclusives have been on Steam before. They will probably add it for all PCs but it's just idiotic for them to keep up this constant market manipulation trying to force people to buy their consoles. Some it not most share holders must be aware of the great profit loss of doing exclusives and pushing away at least 40% of your not only your sales but customers too. Hell, iirc State of Decay is the only m$ game I've bought in more than 10 years, out of protest.

News Comments > State of Decay 2 Next Spring
5. Re: State of Decay 2 Next Spring Jun 13, 2017, 00:16 Acleacius

Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 21:16:
fucking knew they would make this Shit 10 exclusive. Fuck U M$

+1

I had no idea they were that Fning Stupid. They will lose 40% of their sales minimum.

News Comments > Silver on Steam
3. Re: Silver on Steam Jun 3, 2017, 09:44 Acleacius

I remember this too, was my first JRPG back in the stoneage. That last boss fight, yikes. As much as I do like Steam, these older games are their weak spot. It takes more than just having it in your store, it matters whether it actually works. I got it on GOG a few years back, where they actually get older games working.  

News Comments > The Long Journey Home Begins
1. Re: The Long Journey Home Begins Jun 1, 2017, 06:37 Acleacius

Damn, I really wanted to like this and maybe they'll fix it in the future but, the Shuttle (mining and such) probably has the worst control/gameplay I've seen in 25 years of PC gaming. It's certainly possible a controller could prevent the ridiculously bad design. Yet if your K/M player such as myself, I don't see this being any fun.

Actually it's worst than not fun, it's frustrating and irritating. I thought maybe it was just me. Even though I play video games at least an hour a day. So, I even tried it for about 15 min with a simulated god mod, trying to get the hang of it. It only gets worst, because you think you will get used to it, learn it like every other video game. Nope, it never gets better. I've never been so glad of refunds on Steam.

4609 Comments. 231 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo