Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6449 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third The Full Package In November
1. Re: Saints Row: The Third The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 13:25 Tumbler

Steam Summer Sale 2013 here I come!

Edit: To be fair there is something you could do to this that might make be buy it sooner and closer to $50. I've heard that the dLC packs are these little separate mini games that use a lot of interesting stuff but you can't use that stuff in the main game.

Change that so everything is inside the same "game" and I might just buy this for my pc. (I believe it is this way because memory limitations of consoles meant anything they added in these dlc packs had to had something removed from the main games memory for it to work.)

99gamers.com-Going down in flames after discounting their currency!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
11. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo Sep 24, 2012, 12:38 Tumbler

Downloading, will give this a shot.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
9. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 12:23 Tumbler

This game looks like a gigantic train wreck.

It's like they're trying to release F2P games for $60. Diablo 3 did it, so can we!

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2012, 12:48.

News Comments > Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse Adventure Funded
3. Re: Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse Adventure Funded Sep 23, 2012, 23:17 Tumbler

Finish Broken Sword, then make a separate kickstarter for BASS2.

This. I am anxious to throw money at BASS2 but I didn't like the idea of combining it with this game.

News Comments > Kickstarter Policy Changes
5. Re: Kickstarter Policy Changes Sep 21, 2012, 11:41 Tumbler

John wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 11:16:
Another game on Kickstarter that looks promising is Blackspace.

Thanx for the heads up! In for $15.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 13:55 Tumbler

I'd hate to be the guy that convinced the board of directors that a current gen Star Wars themed mmo is going to make us billions of dollars because the genre is booming and there are no signs of subscription-based mmos dying anytime soon. What a bunch of dumbasses. Do they even play games?

Eh...I think this was a good idea at the start that just got executed poorly. When it was launched it was basically an amusement park with a lot of broken rides. Leadership needed to recognize the importance of getting less content completed to an acceptable level rather than getting as much content started as possible and then expecting players to just stick around while they finished building it all.

The flashpoints were a cool idea but were essentially broken because you have to get this very specific group together to run them. Why couldn't the flashpoint adjust difficulty to match the players coming in. If there are 4 Imperial agents that want to run a flashpoint then tweak the difficulty so they can do it.

The PvP matching system worked great...for imperials! Took very little time to start a game...but then there were 3 maps!?

Space combat looked good for most of the game then abruptly stopped once you hit 50. You make me wait till lvl 50 to use proton torpedoes then there is nothing to use them on!?

The side kick companion system was working well until you get a healer...then there is no point in using anything else! And you get 5 or 6? of them and can only use one...why not let players use all of them at once on special missions!? (or at least 3)

So many things were moving in the right direction and just never got fleshed out.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans
9. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 13:04 Tumbler

This situation reminds me of DA2 where the companies behind the game decided that spending anymore money on making dlc/content for the game was futile and simply shut everything down.

Feels like someone pulled the plug for the ME3 DLC train a long time ago and these weird fragments that were done or close to done are dropping. I'm sure they're hard at work on ME4.

Shepard wakes up from a dream, goes the council. I've seen how this will end! You have to listen to me! I've seen HORRIBLE THINGS! The reapers...the reapers are nothing. It's the fans! We have to do something about the fans!

News Comments > BioWare Founders Retire
26. Re: BioWare Founders Retire Sep 18, 2012, 20:59 Tumbler

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 20:27:
I predict a kickstarter by these guys once their non-compete clauses run out (industry standard is 1 year minimum).

This. Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Would anyone be surprised if these guys didn't have non compete clauses? When bioware was bought these guys were rockstars, maybe completing the last few products left them free and clear.

Bioware is done in my opinion. Franchises will be c&c'd to death.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
34. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 18, 2012, 16:22 Tumbler

Having lots of fun. My pre-order stuff showed up today, wasn't working last night but now I have all that stuff you were supposed to get at the start. The AK is ok, the SMG is junk (in my hands), the sniper is glorious! Combine that with the stasis hover power thing my chick has and I'm blowing heads off left and right.

Shift site isn't working for me...or maybe I already have the reward? Not sure but I can't seem to confirm my email and get the code to type in. Hopefully that is just an issue with release. What are u supposed to get from Shift? It looks like I have the golden vault key, is there more when you register with the site?

My only complaint is that weird moving effect you get when you use the menu's. (tab) I find that whole system annoying as hell. Press M to bring up map, then when I'm done I'll just press M again...M, M, M...the fuck? You have to close it with another key. Using this whole menu system is clunky. Maybe I should jump over to the controller, I remember that being excellent for the last one and the keyboard layout makes little sense to me. Melee is V? Why V? I moved that to Q and it still feels a little awkward.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 17, 2012, 14:08 Tumbler

I picked up the season pass for BL2 when it was $22.50. I was going to pass on it but remembered that I had a $2.50 credit on GMG from buying BL2 at $40 and getting it price matched to $37.50. My out of pocket payment was $20, total cost for BL2 + Season pass was $60.

I'm content. I think I can stomach paying $5 per DLC pack.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light
17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FTL: Faster Than Light Sep 15, 2012, 00:54 Tumbler

Haven't had time to play this in a few days. Glad to see everyone enjoying it. I bought the Wrath of Khan on blu ray the other day, I think I'll get that movie rolling then play this on the laptop...see how that feels.  

News Comments > Banner Saga Factions Revealed
1. Re: Banner Saga Factions Revealed Sep 15, 2012, 00:05 Tumbler

I like this idea! MOAR GAMEZ TO PLAY!  

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
53. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:42 Tumbler

Am I the only one that finds Obsidian using Kickstarter to be a bit repugnant?

I can't remember ever wanting to spend upwards of $100 on a game that has been made by publishers. On kickstarter it just seems like something that is normal. I can't express how much better it feels to be a customer via kickstarter than it does to be a customer via the developer/publisher/retailer model.

When the potential audience expands to the point that a lot more money is going to be made they don't pocket it and shave off content to sell as dlc, they add more content to the game. (stretch goals) They offer physical boxed products that I want to own. They offer t-shirts I want to own.

And every step of the way you're literally a keyboard away from the developers. There is no marketing machine carefully handing out clips, there is no publisher pushing for "more profitable features", it's just guys (&gals) making games.

It's beautiful. It's nice to be closer to the artists rather than feeling like you're getting fucked by the retailers. I want to see larger studios go this route. I think there is FAR more funding available than people realize. I think gamers want to be closer to the studio's and the ability to tailor a game to your desire is an awesome idea I hope others expand on. Planetary Annihilation offered to make you your own custom commander for $1000...I was REALLY tempted to get my own commander! What if the $100 level allowed everyone in that pool to vote on some exclusive items for that group (and above).

I think the pay your own price idea here can grow into some amazing options for fans.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2012, 17:48.

38. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 17:14 Tumbler

My first time doing Kickstarter. I am very wary of the concept overall, but my reasons behind taking the plunge for this particular game are as follows

If it helps at any point you can go "manage your pledge" and cancel it while the kickstarter is open. (32 days I believe) Most kickstarters like this will dump tons of additional info in the form of updates over the course of month. Planetary annihilation for example started off with a cool video of some gameplay but then over the course of hte month they realized how much more they could hope to accomplish so they started adding stretch goals all the way up to 2.1 million. Amazingly they hit EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Think of the first few days as a test to see if the idea has any chance. If funding flys in fast (so far it looks like they're going to pass the line on day one!) I would expect they'll go back to the drawing board and look how they can expand the funding goals to take advantage of additional funds.

I'm predicting you will be very happy in the coming days and weeks.

8. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 15:49 Tumbler

I'm in for $20.

I am anxious to see what effects this particular kickstarter has on the industry. This seems like the biggest studio that has attempted something like this. Just a few years ago these guys made a major AAA game and today they're going kickstarter.

Plus they have a catalogue of games that is impressive to say the least. I'd drop $100 today on them if this was a scifi game or something set in the future. My only complaint is that this is a fantasy game. I can get over that and enjoy it anyway but my funding this is hoping this project goes nuclear and gets WAY WAY WAY more funding than 1 million and they're able to deliver a product no one thought possible.

Then they try and do a future scifi game and pull in double what they get here!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
56. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 16:50 Tumbler

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 15:08:
No, SWTOR PVP was about your DPS vs. their defense. Believe me, I played a rocket-shitting Mercenary most of the time I partook in that... You pick a target, then stand there and fire off your handful of skills in a specific order to maximize damage and hope they die before you do.

GW2 actually has some tactics, not the least of which is the ability to dodge attacks at your discretion. If not by rolling to evade, then just ducking and weaving to avoid projectiles. The mere ability to move while using skills completely changes things and makes it more dynamic and engaging than other MMOs.

Can you go into more detail on how many skills you have to manage in GW2 in PvP. I played a lot of pvp in Swtor and it is a lot of targeting and attacking but overtime I found I needed to just find a way to add in more of my skills to my attack suite. I could simply work with a few powers that do good damage and just try that but in hutball especially figuring out how to get the most out of my snare and blind powers plus how to activate my counters and evasion boosters and shields did make the combat more interesting.

The problem was that learning to use all those things at the same time was just stupid. You needed to have everything mapped to a key on the keyboard so that no matter what situation you ran into you could simply activate the powers you needed.

How many skills / powers are you managing while you fight in GW2? The alphabet soup of powers I managed in swtor left me feeling exhausted after games.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
10. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 13, 2012, 15:18 Tumbler

How about blizzard just give up some cheat codes and we can spawn decent loot. Boom, game fixed. Fuck your auction house.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
31. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 12:33 Tumbler

GMG has a special on this right now, 25% off. So I wondered what that ended up being, $80 version was for sale, 25% off is $60. LOL, good try guys.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video
1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video Sep 13, 2012, 09:41 Tumbler

Interrsted to here feedback when this comes out.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2012, 00:58 Tumbler

I'm kind of surprised the Iphone 5 isn't more interesting. The size of the screen seems to be the biggest feature I see on newer phones. The Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note seem to be leading that charge and I was kind of expecting apple to show up with something the size of the Galaxy S3.

We just got an S3 for my wife and it's damn impressive. My HTC droid incredible just won't quit though so I can't seem to find a good reason to go and buy the newer phone and be forced into a 2gb / month internet plan. I'm hoping the galaxy note will come available on verizon (via amazon) and either i can get that or maybe I can get a used S2 and keep my internet plan.

6449 Comments. 323 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo