Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6501 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 13:49 Tumbler

Holy wall of text. Anyone know how widespread the whole disc 2 issue is? (it seems some people who have the pc version are finding that disc 2 is actually the mass effect 2, disc 2 when they pop it in the drive) Sounds like the duplication plant used the wrong image and so you have disc one of black ops 2 and disc 2 of mass effect 2. Correct artwork on disc though!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Multiplayer Details
23. Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Details Nov 12, 2012, 05:40 Tumbler

I think the game sounds fantastic. The info on the project has become extremely hard to follow with Q/A's on Reddit, CR and team answering Q's on Kickstarter, answering Q's in live chat, etc. It's a maze of information but from what I've been able to follow this project looks awesome.

The SP game should be completed first and at this point it's looking like the MP game will launch 6 months later. I'm planning on putting together a new pc either with an oculus rift or with multi monitors and a track ir.

I also love all the shwag! There should be bomber jackets and all sorts of shirts and such on the site eventually too! $35 ain't that much people, I really don't see how you can go wrong here. $35 I think it what it takes right now.

Use my referral link!
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/?rid=32340

News Comments > BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic
11. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 11:57 Tumbler

Just the name Bioware is toxic now. GJ Bioware. I'm sure shipping ME3 when you did was all worth it though right? You made your money, no one will remember, just get ready for pre-orders on your next game! Bonus' are guaranteed! No worries guys, everything is fine, let's just keep up the good work!  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Funded
11. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Kickstarter Funded Nov 7, 2012, 14:13 Tumbler

I passed on this one. Happy to see it getting built. I'll look at it once it's done again. Very interesting idea. I don't much care for the theme. Rural british robots hunting you? Seems like an odd choice but I'm curious to see what they do.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
38. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 18:50 Tumbler

I'd love to see this game get made and if there are enough fans that want to pay that much then that is fantastic. I'd like to be one of the supporters but $15 USD is what I'm willing to do if I get a game at some point.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
29. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 14:20 Tumbler

$30 (approx) for a reward that gets the game. 60 day kickstarter!? Maybe they're going to release a ton more info but this project seems like it's not going anywhere.

I'm somewhat annoyed that SC chose the $30 starting price point to get the game instead of something lower like $20 or even $15. But they had a lot of stuff to show, they have big plans and the idea is to get everyone into an alpha inside of 12 months and a beta after that so at least there is something to consider with the $30 starting point. ($35 now I believe)

This project doesn't have anything to show. (right?) This is kind of like that Shadowrun MMO showing up right after Shadowrun funded. Feels a lot like that. Hey I can make a game too if you guys want?

Well you have 60 days to get something for us to look at...I would have said get that stuff ready first, then start the KS but maybe you didn't want to miss all the attention that is on SC right now?

News Comments > F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year
11. Re: F2P Command & Conquer Beta Early Next Year Nov 4, 2012, 21:48 Tumbler

Meh, good luck with C&C anything at this point.  

News Comments > Roberts on PC Star Citizen
4. Re: Roberts on PC Star Citizen Nov 3, 2012, 17:00 Tumbler

It's very exciting to be trying to use newer tech to build better experiences.

The Hornet, for example, can have a turret mounted in it, that turret can be locked to your pilots view so while you're turning in a dogfight and the nose of your ship is coming around you can be looking up aiming your turret and shredding some poor bastard while he's struggling to get guns on you. Add an Oculus Rift into that so you can just look freely anywhere you want and I'm spending lots of money!

It's nice to see someone willing to bet big on a PC game like this. Chris echoed my feelings in one of his speechs, he said that he often buys games on consoles because that is what they're made for. They make a pc version but everyone knows that the experience is intended for the console.

I'm very excited to see how using a complicated flight system and oculus rift is going to be in the game compared to using a keyboard and mouse or a controller. I would guess you'd need to tweak things to make each setup be fun so I'm wondering if there is going to be 3rd person view controls that people with controllers might like and maybe cursor follow controls for mouse and keyboard? It's all very cool to think about trying to make each way fun to play.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 2, 2012, 23:14 Tumbler

Aren't those collectable/valuable?

Heh, WC 1+2 clock in at 26MB. It takes a few seconds to transfer. I don't think anyone would want to have the files on a 5 1/4 or 3.5's! I think I'd prefer to have the box and contents and lose the discs.

News Comments > Disney Acquires LucasArts
7. Re: Disney Acquires LucasArts Oct 31, 2012, 15:32 Tumbler

I feel like Disney is getting this stuff for a bargain. I don't know how much stock is involved but the 4 billion in cash is a surprisingly low number. In the hands of the right people these IP's should be worth FAR more than that I think.

Lucas did an amazing job making the Star Wars and Indiana Jones IP look like shit in the past decade. I have to imagine this stuff was worth A LOT more before he started doing the clone wars stuff and Indiana Jones stuff.

For all I know he made more than enough to justify the drop in quality. The theaters were packed for each movie if I remember. I went and saw them...maybe he made more than enough to compensate for the drop in value of his company/companies. Plus he did those special editions...and I went and saw all those...didn't I? I can't remember, pretty sure I did.

I wonder if that Episode I 3d release was the straw that broke the camels back? I don't know anyone that saw that and I have to imagine that is kind of telling for Lucas.

I feel like we should be thanking him (Lucas) for selling. It's painful to see such a powerful and amazing franchise get such poor leadership.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Episode 7. Assuming this is the Heir to the empire trilogy I'll be very interested to see more details. If it's not and they're just making a new story I'd say we're in for more of the same.

That Zahn trilogy was amazing. So much awesome stuff in that. Put some money into a decent team that can do the story justice.

What do you do with all the people working at Lucasfilm/Arts right now? If you were serious about getting these IP's strong again it's hard not to just fire everyone and start over. Hire back people who you think will be good but I have to imagine those organizations are a product of Lucas' choices over the past 10 years.

News Comments > Star Citizen Stretch Goals
20. Re: Star Citizen Stretch Goals Oct 27, 2012, 23:36 Tumbler

Sheesh when I think about that, the higher levels seem reasonable...too bad I don't have the money, I'd go in $250 for the 4-man ship.

Don't forget about all the cool shwag! Honestly I'm willing to back many kickstarter projects with $100+ pledges as long as they can give me some decent shwag. Items in game are cool but without some physical stuff to go along with it I don't feel the urge. Just confirmed my T-shirt choice for Planetary Annihilation!

I chose the $125 more for the items you get in the mail. The $250 pledge gets you a 3 inch model of one of the ships. (likely the Constellation) Plus some blueprints which might be something you could frame. Tempted to jump up to that level but not knowing what those items are exactly I'm not feeling enough incentive. Hopefully they'll put up some art towards the ending. I really do want a hornet though...

News Comments > Star Citizen Stretch Goals
18. Re: Star Citizen Stretch Goals Oct 27, 2012, 22:13 Tumbler

Looking forward to this a lot. I'm in for $125. Wingnut. Can't wait. Going to buy an Oculus Rift and go nuts with this game. Hopefully there will be other games that support it between now and then. I'm curious to see how Hawken looks with those goggles.  

News Comments > Interstellar Marines: Prologue Kickstarter
2. Re: Interstellar Marines: Prologue Kickstarter Oct 26, 2012, 22:56 Tumbler

If you don't have anything nice to say...  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Oct 25, 2012, 21:42 Tumbler

Meh, games journalism has become kind of a joke. It seems more like an extension of marketing for game companies. Literally. I think the whole industry is just falling under the marketing budgets of the larger publishers.

I don't think it's any wonder why people simply go to metacritic and look at a score instead of reading anything. You might as well go ask a Toyota Salesman to tell you how the new Tacoma is. Oh you like it, it's the best car ever? Innovative new features like shiny tires and titanium netting? Wow that sounds awesome, I'm glad I asked you for your opinion because now I feel confident that I should buy this.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal
21. Re: Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal Oct 24, 2012, 11:51 Tumbler

I'm very excited to see the update/info being posted today at some point. They should have some ship specs to go over and an upgrade your pledge option on the main site.

I'm very happy with how much things seem to have gotten moving in the right direction since they put up the kickstarter page. I think one thing that kickstarter does really well is allow an easy place to communicate with fans. I've had questions answered directly and seen many answers to questions in general. That seems to work a lot better than trying to look over forums for that same info.

I hope this whole experience is something that many devs learn from. Don't try and do this outside of kickstarter. You're kidding yourself if you think that site is just a leech on these projects. That site has an excellent system for getting info out to fans and letting fans ask you questions in a way that everyone can watch. Plus with the way they handle donations there is very little concern over what you're getting at the point you choose to donate. No charges until the thing settles, no chances that you might not get your money back if you don't click that optional refund choice, etc.

If there is a better crowd funding site in the future then by all means give them a shot but the idea that this kind of funding would be successful having everyone go to a different website for each product is insane. I've funded plenty of projects simply by browsing around after I go and look at the project I've heard about. I just funded a board game about a band robbery or heist or something. I rarely look outside of video games but it caught my eye and I liked the guys project. Same goes for the other way, people might be looking to fund that star trek indie movie project and then notice star citizen, hmm that might be something I want too!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 14:40 Tumbler

No demo hunh? Well it's nice that you're giving it free to the folks who bought the first game.

I'm curious to see what people say about this. I still kick on Civ V from time to time.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched
7. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Shipped; Patched Oct 23, 2012, 14:38 Tumbler

I imagine this is worth a rental from Redbox. $2-$4 depending on when you pick it up and I'm guessing you'll get the full sp experience. I'm guessing the MP is online code required type thing?

I thought the story of the first was interesting, I like seeing something close to reality about what kinds of things special forces do. I read that book about the Bin Laden assault and I'm curious how the movie will be. Seems to be too fast to be really good but we'll see.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
6. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 21:56 Tumbler

Meh...it's a web based flash game and they want to make people jump through hoops to play it?

Seems to be made by the same folks that made Cogs. Go play that instead. (I assume everyone else owns that like me because it was part of some deal on steam a long time ago)

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow
9. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow Oct 22, 2012, 18:01 Tumbler

I want my Chris Roberts AMA! #@$@#$@$  

News Comments > Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series
38. Re: Obsidian Hopes Project Eternity is a Series Oct 21, 2012, 14:14 Tumbler

Series!? You mean you want to make another one already!? NO!!! I want a scifi, future type cyber punk ish type adventure game first! Make this game awesome, then go make an rpg set in the future so I can have my awesome game next!  

6501 Comments. 326 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo