Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6467 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Announcement
9. Re: Overwatch Launch Announcement May 24, 2016, 14:48 Tumbler

I think it's kind of amusing that overwatch is installed and updated because I played in the beta.

I tryed to run it but it got to the login prompt and said I don't have a license. Was hard not to go buy it since it's already installed and just sitting there.

I don't even like the game but they have such a reasonable price.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 23, 2016, 14:53 Tumbler

It seems crazy that anyone is trying to stop their game working on a particular headset. It would be like Samsung funding development on a game then trying to build DRM that would only let it run on Samsung monitors.

I understand you wanting people to buy the Rift but these headsets are fancy monitors. They don't run the games, they just show the picture. Focus on making the best monitor for your games and if people want to use a different headset just be happy that bought your game. (The whole piracy thing seems trivial. The games are going to get pirated)

Focus on trying to make it pleasant to use your store and play games through your own interface.

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup
43. Re: NVIDIA GTX 1080 Review Roundup May 17, 2016, 16:16 Tumbler

Holy crap, looks like this card is literally double my 970 gtx. Pretty happy with that card, hoping the 1070 is close to that.  

News Comments > Stellaris Sales Record
21. Re: Stellaris Sales Record May 10, 2016, 16:25 Tumbler

Was thinking about buying this but I'm really enjoying Battlefleet gothic at the moment.

I'll have to look into this once I've seen enough of BF Gothic.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 29, 2016, 23:13 Tumbler

That's sexist. Being sexist is the right thing to do now...

This new feminism is just terrible.

News Comments > Battlefield Reveal Next Week?
4. Re: Battlefield Reveal Next Week? Apr 29, 2016, 12:19 Tumbler

Considering there is another star wars movie coming and I'd like to see them do a sci if themed battlefield (Ala 2142) it might just be another battlefront game.

Honestly how can they not make money if the star wars movies are going to be huge success' year after year. I'm not sure how they would do the themes if they did a newer battlefront, the current one covers old trilogy and new but if they are going for maximum profit they should be announcing another star wars game.

It could be a space based game!

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Fleet Pack DLC Launches
1. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Fleet Pack DLC Launches Apr 28, 2016, 13:26 Tumbler

Had forgotten about this game, was watching Ashes of the Singularity gameplay recently and it just occurred to me how similar that game is to this one.

Ashes is $40, wonder what this one is now...$49.99 on steam. Wonder what it is on Amazon. It's not! Only steam I guess. Good lord, $49.99 is too much for that today.

See you on the steam summer sale!

News Comments > Street Fighter V Patch Will Add Guile and Punish Disconnects
1. Re: Street Fighter V Patch Will Add Guile and Punish Disconnects Apr 28, 2016, 12:51 Tumbler

Amazon is selling this new for $41.90. (I'm prime so maybe that is only to prime members?)

Seems like an ok price for it. I wouldn't mind owning it I just think I'll suck balls online and throw it through the window.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Footage
7. Re: No Man's Sky Footage Apr 14, 2016, 13:01 Tumbler

I've got a bad feeling it's going to be received very poorly and I'll give it a look a week after launch.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing notable about it ends up being support for the PS VR headset.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

News Comments > New Space Sim HOTAS
10. Re: New Space Sim HOTAS Mar 31, 2016, 15:39 Tumbler

Hmm, that's odd.

I have to assume this is part of that new joystick they plan to make for Star Citizen. They plan to offer a few additional features from what I've heard but I expect this is close to what they'll look like.

I'm surprised they said anything about this if they don't also have the Star Citizen version ready to present.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 14:09 Tumbler

It was literally a month(s) long campaign to make sure everyone around her knew she was a pedophile who was responsible for products consumed by children.

I keep hearing people say that but what exactly happened during those months? Tweets?

(Googling)

Interesting, I google "online hate campaign alison rapp" and I get a ton of recent stories about her being fired because of this campaign but nothing from when it's actually happening.

On Page 3 I found this:

Blog about Alison Rapp hate campaign

(Technically I found a reddit thread that was discussing this article)

It breaks down what exactly this hate campaign appeared to be in Feb.

I think my favorite part is where she's editing quotes to make them look worse and the blogger shows her version and reality.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Mar 29, 2016, 14:51 Tumbler

That blizzard thing is surreal to watch. It felt like they ran from that criticism screaming and I can only assume that on the inside of game development they are terrified of being the target of an online hate mob. (SJW's)

To the consumer that mob looks like a bunch of crybabies complaining about everything but I guess companies that put millions of dollars into ideas like this they feel like these twitter campaigns can shape the future of their game?

That's pathetic. Am I too believe that if this criticism had gone viral and the SJW's descended on twitter screaming misogyny, rape, death threats, all the good stuff, then the public at large would have bought it and turned their nose up at Overwatch?!

Blizzard is practically immune from that kind of criticism. If anyone should be able to just ignore it and move on I'd expect it to be them.

The fuck is going on over there?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 27, 2016, 12:15 Tumbler

Season pass holders have been able to download the DLC as of March 22, and for everyone else, it hits April 5.

Oh good, I thought they'd made a good decision trying to keep the community a hair less fragmented but nope, still fucked.

PC: 8,002 (24h peak: 8,545)

XBOXONE: 30,557 (24h peak: 35,532)

PS4: 56,483 (24h peak: 61,380)

Total: 95,042

I own the pc version

If I wanted to play it I'd go buy the ps4 version but I might as well wait until they drop the ultimate edition later when all the dlc has been released and then maybe at least it will feel like a $60 game. They'll probably want $90 for it though...

News Comments > Street Fighter V Cash Shop Delayed
6. Re: Street Fighter V Cash Shop Delayed Mar 25, 2016, 09:57 Tumbler

Will be interested to see how people like the update. The matches are fun to watch on twitch. Would like them to offer a free to play option. One character or something like that.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront: Outer Rim Released
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront: Outer Rim Released Mar 22, 2016, 13:45 Tumbler

Didn't this used to start with an early release for season pass holders or xbox owners or something then 2 weeks later anyone could buy / play it?

Guess those season passes aren't selling so well?

Maybe I'm thinking of call of duty...or was that battlefield? Who fucking care anymore.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 19, 2016, 04:04 Tumbler

Ugh this whole controversy makes no sense. Were any women in the industry or women wanting to get into the industry scared off or something. All I see are journalists circle jerking about some dancers.

The whole thing comes off incredibly sexist. If they had men dancing would that mean something about men in the industry?

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 14:17 Tumbler

Looking forward to seeing Squadron 42. It should be coming this year...  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adds Content
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adds Content Mar 8, 2016, 14:32 Tumbler

Hoth was fun...during the beta.

I hope they build a lot more in the next one. Game feels like a hollow shell. A pinata with no candy. Fill it up!

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway
23. Re: No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway Mar 4, 2016, 10:12 Tumbler

Still looks like a $20-$30 PSN game...

It reminds of minecraft and even in the beginning I don't think that was ever more than $30. Maybe at release on consoles because they overcharge for everything but prices today are about $20 on every platform for minecraft.

Giving it the ole 100% markup because it's new still doesn't get you to to $60 price point. Seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot with that price.

Assuming it's going to support Playstation VR that could be a big deal for many people. Buying a playstation VR thing is probably going to be the lowest cost option on the market and so if this game is one of the few available maybe it will do ok in that respect.

I'm guessing this will drop to $40 by end of August, if not much sooner.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 29, 2016, 13:22 Tumbler

I remember this kickstarter, I thought the cooler itself was awesome but seemed too risky to pay for upfront. I was planning on buying it after it was available on the market.

$500 is crazy. If they can sell it at that price then go for it but looking at the comments and ratings leaves me feeling like it's overpriced. Most of the 5 star ratings I saw were from kickstarter backers that I think paid 165.

The top voted reviews seem to give it far lower ratings when they factor in the $500 price.

6467 Comments. 324 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo