Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6513 (Guru)
User ID 18369
User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up
5. Re: Star Citizen Employee Article Follow-up Oct 2, 2015, 10:52 Tumbler
All this drama aside I feel like there is plenty of reason to be disappointed in the project this year. In the past we'd see content presented and then shortly after we'd be playing it ourselves and this year that seems to have ended. Now we're seeing content and not getting it. We saw the fps module, still waiting. We saw the multi crew stuff, still waiting, it was last year they showed the planetside stuff and it feels like they just shoved that out about a month ago just to give people something to chew on.

Citizen con is coming up and hopefully they'll have something to deliver. Presentations don't count as content in my opinion, until I can download it and play it at home it's just marketing bs.

So in summary:

Shut and...

All this drama doesn't change the fact that you have delivered little in the way of actual game lately so kindly shut the fuck up and deliver something.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
66. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 2, 2015, 00:37 Tumbler
The issue with Sandi is she's not just Chris' wife sitting on the side lines baking cookies and occasionally showing up at the office to drop off the kids. She's THE VP of Marketing of a 90 million company formed by Chris and funded by people's wealth. The issue is that she claims to have numerous degrees to justify her holding such a position that, according to, in Santa Monica has an annual salary of $150k. By all accounts I would suggest her salary is likely closer to half a million. No matter how Chris tries to spin it, this isn't a personal attack. It's addressing the 800 pound issue in the room. Namely credibility and accountability. This problem is CIG's not Derek Smart. All he has done is make the information public. Chris has not been forthcoming with it. To date Chris has never mentioned Sandi as being his wife. To hide this Sandi uses her acting last name. The cover up points to a clear case of nepotism. Backers should be furious.

...pffsshh, is that was this is really all about? CR hires his wife to work in the company and it should be a scandal that everyone needs to be upset about?

I do find it uncomfortable that their relationship wasn't clearly explained when she came on board, I didn't know she was his wife until DS started throwing a fit. But who cares? I can't really find a reason to complain, she's doing a good job.

She's been the "head" of marketing from what I can see for most of the projects life and while I feel like she's kind of a zombie and out of place as a personality representing the project the results have been extremely good. As much as I don't care for her the events she's organizing and information being released to the public is very effective and many in the community seem to like her.

So WTF does it matter at this point? It might have been a scandal in 2013 when the project was starting out but my guess is that raging assholes like DS just assumed things would fall apart all on their own and they haven't. In fact, it's the opposite, it looks like everything is going well and getting stronger. They've brought in almost 40 million dollars in 2015 so far and you think they're on the verge of failure?! *Edit, no I'm wrong they've brought in over 50 million this year.
News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
55. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 15:02 Tumbler
Kosumo wrote on Sep 25, 2015, 14:52:
harlocks post 59 on this page has most of the letter for those interested that missed it.

I think this is the full letter, has a lot more than the post you mentioned.

Reddit post

Content of the letter is believable. They're behind schedule, they're not communicating what the long term schedule is and it's looking like they'll be lucky to get the FPS module out by christmas? ...lot more to get done... uh... so.... Citizen con, they're going to talk about SQ42 at citizencon which I think is a few weeks away.
News Comments > Star Citizen Departures?
39. Re: Star Citizen Departures? Sep 25, 2015, 13:59 Tumbler
Is there a link to this leaked email or a summary? I have not been watching as closely for the past few weeks.

As for money troubles being why they are selling the endeavor, wtf is that nonsense? They've been selling ships on a regular basis literally for years. They wereally going to stop this month but just decided to do one more because they suddenly realized they are almost out of money?

They should continue selling ships as long as they can regardless if they need the money or not because they are running a business. You have to keep making money
..that is how this works. How is this ship sale any different than all the others?
News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
2. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 09:58 Tumbler
I hope this works and I hope the developers are left wondering why aren't they arent doing the same thing.

News Comments > Warbirds 2016 Next Week
1. Re: Warbirds 2016 Next Week Sep 21, 2015, 21:44 Tumbler
Wow, how does this game still look that bad!? With games like DCS and War Thunder being available how does anyone play this?!  
News Comments > DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders
7. Re: DCS Mirage M-2000C Preorders Sep 18, 2015, 22:55 Tumbler
Reminds me of that euro fighter sim. Had so much fun with that. If I could get a chair desk to setup my warthog hot as proper I'd give this a shot.  
News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 17, 2015, 12:25 Tumbler
>More California fiber optic cable severed as AT&T offers 250K reward.

So that is where the network congestion is coming from! That's why they're throttling those unlimited data plans! Curse you vandals!

I'm on ATT dsl and have noticed a lot of weird internet issues, wonder if it's related to this or just my equipment. ATT Uverse DSL only allows you to use their equipment which I'm 99% sure is total shit. I bought a new modem hoping to use that instead and learned that they won't let you config your own equipment for dsl.

Very frustrating.
News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront to Feature Speeder Races
1. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront to Feature Speeder Races Sep 16, 2015, 18:49 Tumbler
It seems unwise to even mention this.

A whole 2 players might be able to race! Well shit, put that on the box!
News Comments > Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions
9. Re: Need for Speed: No Paid DLC or Microtransactions Sep 15, 2015, 13:54 Tumbler
Talk about shady shit...keep it classy marketing fuckers.  
News Comments > Quote of the Day
23. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 17:40 Tumbler
I'm amazed that anyone is anxiously awaiting more half life. It would be interesting to see more but at this point I just don't care.

They might as well reboot it and make it an open world game.
News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November
9. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void in November Sep 14, 2015, 17:20 Tumbler
Top notch cinematic as usual. That looked awesome. I wish they could create a game that played like that.

I've got the previous two games but can't get myself to play them for more than an hour. Watching other people play the game is pretty fun, can't seem to get into it myself.

Just bought Mad Max the other day, going to be playing that tonight I hope!
News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 14:01 Tumbler
Amazon Prime (comes with HBO)... $8.25

I've been seeing a lot of hbo stuff on there, but does that include the most recent stuff? Looking on Amazon Prime Video I don't see the True Detective series yet so I think it's a few years old but that is great content if you haven't see a lot of it. I just started watching Into the Storm, a drama documentary following churchill from 1940-1945. It's very good so far. It's rare you see a war only from the top so it's extremely interesting to see what those guys see and hear day to day with the brutality on the ground going on every day.
News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 14, 2015, 13:50 Tumbler
I'm not sure why that guy quiting after 11 months is news. I'm sure he found someone willing to pay more. Star Wars Uprising isn't bad from what I've played of it. The presentation is amazing in parts to be honest. I'm guessing someone else wants to pay him to make mobile games for them and the people inside EA don't want to pay a lot of money to people making star wars games because the IP sells itself.  
News Comments > DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases
3. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 11, 2015, 16:34 Tumbler
That map look very nice. Flying around vegas at night looks like fun. $40 does seem a little much, let alone $50 but these guys are good at offering things for sale at a steep discount after things have been out a while. The labor day sale from last week had most everything at $15. The newer stuff was full price but this Sim is incredible.  
News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2015, 21:37 Tumbler
Stay classy Ellen pao. 276k in legal costs she has to pay. Ouch.  
News Comments > Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed
17. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 15:11 Tumbler
Gwent > Hearthstone

When that Witcher Expansion hits I'm going to go start a new game and play the shit out of gwent. Oh you need your uncle rescued from a flaming devil goat? Do you have a Gwent card?! DO YOU!? Then fuck off!

I played my first time through on the easiest combat mode so I'm going to try it on a harder mode and see if it's as enjoyable. The combat was pretty hard to get used to for me. It become much more comfortable later in the game when you have a better understanding of what you're fighting and how to counter it but early on it was very confusing for me. Those symbols for example, normally the fire symbol would just be a little fireball and push symbol would be a wave thing or something, all the specific icons they used took a while to learn. Dropped combat to easy during the starting and didn't start noticing a problem until pretty late in the game when I was just ripping through people like I was using a light saber. You lose an arm, you lose a head, you get cut half, hhahaha! That was a lot of fun.
News Comments > Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed
13. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 13:19 Tumbler
I'd like to see them do more custom built decks in tavern brawl where they can tinker with the decks to make the fun an interesting for players to use.

Sites like Hearthpwn make it all but required to field a deck that has been playtested by thousands of people to enjoy ranked play. It can still be fun playing with decks you build yourself but it's a lot more satisfying to go find a winning deck on hearthpwn and use that for a few days to complete your gold missions.

I'd also love to see a ranked play mode similar to The arena where the decks can be generated randomly and you can play against other people who's decks were generated randomly. That can be a lot of fun but having it stuck behind 150 gold or $2 (?) kind of ruins it. It'd be a lot of fun to use that mode more often when I earning gold but so far Tavern Brawl is the closest alternative.

I'm really enjoying it but when I took a break before the goblin cards came out and then tryed starting up after the blackstone expansion was released that was a rough ride getting enough cards to feel competitive again. The cards you get from buying the expansions are too good in so many cases though. Many of those cards show up in way too many deck builds to say their balanced. Loatheb and Emperor Thaurissan for example are in SO many decks it's obvious they are OP.

It's very easy to see which cards need to be tweaked, the more often people use them in decks across the board the more OP they are in my opinion. Dr. Boom for example. That guys is crazy good for the cost. I use him in every deck I make now. It's very rare that someone can counter him effectively.

All that being said the game is still a ton of fun and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table next. These new cards and the theme involved is awesome.
News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Released
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Released Sep 9, 2015, 09:37 Tumbler
This is a great game for $15. It's closer to a turn based strategy game than chess. The pieces can still make their normal chess moves but you'll be shooting and attacking each turn which radically changes how you play.

I figured this game would be 25 to 30 but for 12.74 on sale this is an easy buy.
News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2015, 16:23 Tumbler
When you logout, you’ll be an NPC, but they’re going to see if that works. There is a lot of balance involved in making sure you can’t just logoff and making sure that long voyages, you can logoff and your character maintain their role. It’s something they’re still working on.
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 14:27:
Sgt. Rock wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 13:23:

Uhm. That's going to suck balls or am I missing something?

Your not missing anything, you just have to believe in SC lore...

I think this is just poor wording. Many online games don't immediately drop you the instant you log off because people can exploit it. Your npc remains there for 60 seconds or 2 minutes to keep it fair.

On the flip side what happens if someone logs off in transit, does the ship instantly stop right there? Does it keep going? It sounds like they're considering giving the player a few things that the npc can do for them after they log off. Fly to this planet, then land for example. Or maybe finish mining this rock, then go dock at the station.

That a smart thing to do because people sometimes have to stop playing suddenly and it'd be great to kick on the auto pilot and tell it to just fly you back to your hangar and you log off and hope that works out.
6513 Comments. 326 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News logo