Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6498 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
12. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 11:34 Tumbler

Looking forward to the public release of this. I've been messing with it on the test server for the last week and it's really awesome. Amazing at times.

Was stable at the last build, frame rate issues, they said they were working on those yesterday, expecting a new build today.

That trailer might be a bit pre-mature, getting into the 2.0 alpha isn't like what's happening with the trailer. Not for me at least. But it's gotten worlds better in the last week and I would bet that they'll do a slow rollout over a week for most of the backers when it goes live so by the time someone new seeing that trailer gets in it will probably be just like that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 21:36 Tumbler

If you strip "Star Wars" out of the game it's extremely generic and you would really grow tired of it fast.

You don't have to strip star wars out to see that. It slaps you in the face around day 3.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 20:52 Tumbler

I watched this earlier and it was very disappointing. The only highlight was the corellian corvette as a set piece on the rebel side of the map. That's an amazing looking ship crashed into the ground.

The new mode is sort of a reversal of walker assault but instead of doing something cool for the rebel side to replace the at at they just made the objective captures permanent.

Seeing that corvette crashed had me wondering why they didn't just use that ship slowly moving in over the map with the same gameplay as the at at for the rebel version.

And those speeders on endor, if they weren't going to use space ships on that map why not build it around using those speeder bikes? Put a huge lake in the middle and let the speeders use that to dive in and out of the woods. Or heck just a big field.

Ugh, so many things they could have done.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 23, 2015, 21:36 Tumbler

Looking forward to seeing star citizen 2.0 get released. Seems like they are about to cross a major hurdle.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 21, 2015, 13:17 Tumbler

I realized I had $15 in reward Certs from Best Buy so after Game club was able to buy Battlefront for $35.

The only thing that wasn't what I expected was Endor. Figured that would be one of the better 2 maps in the 4 map rotation. I think Tatooine and Hoth are the good maps, Endor is ok, it looks great but it's kind of a nightmare to play on and that last metal world looking place is awful. Even the map layout on that metal world needs a lot of work, the terrain in general is ugly and uninteresting. Endor seems ok but the way it's built makes it easy to end up running around just fighting the terrain trying to get into the battle. You already have to do a lot of running to get into the fight on all the maps so to add complicated paths through terrain that lead to dead ends in some cases is really frustrating. It's gorgeous, but as far as a map design goes it's got too many dead ends.

Tatooine is surprisiningly good. Tunnels wind around under the mountains, the paths running through the mountains on top are cramped and clostraphobic, being a hero (luke or vadar) on tatooine can be extremely overpower because you can run around in the canyons all day and usually you'll just get into 1 on 1 fights. Endor is great for this as well. Get luke or vadar, flank the enemy so you come in behind and kill everyone before they even know you're there. With vader in particular I'd go around force choking guys which is fairly quite, and if you're running your light saber isn't out so you can kill a lot of people before anyone notices you.

$35 is a good price. If you bought fallout 4 from Best buy check your rewards because I think that is how I ended up with those credits. Game is $48 with gamer club unlocked and if you have a $10 reward cert you can knock that down to 38 and after tax that should be around 40. (came with Jakuu as well)

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 04:52 Tumbler

Kotaku is the tabloid of gaming journalism.

It should come as no surprise that many companies don't like them.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
44. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 16:23 Tumbler

Crap I'm a year off. They got the rights and started working on this in 2013. This is a disappointing result for 2.5 years coming from DICE.

37. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 14:44 Tumbler

KS wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 12:59:
Getting it out the door before the movie is 2,400% the driving factor. If they were short on time, someone goofed. This is the biggest game company securing the rights to the biggest franchise property. No room for amature management.

I don't think there is anything amateur about this. It's just not possible to make a game better than this in such a short period of time.

As a consumer I'm certain you'll have the option to buy a more complete game a year from now for $60 that includes most, if not all, of the DLC in the season pass. If anything EA just gave consumers the option to buy in early at a higher price or wait until next year when the game can be properly released with all the content you'd expect for $60.

It's not marketed that way though, but there seems to be no confusion that a lot of additional content is coming to fill this game out. Given the two choices, wait and play this late in 2016 with everything and feel good about $60 or get it early and pay a higher price to play it now and get updates over the next year I'm not sure this is such a bad choice.

I got some RPG's to finish though. Getting close to the end of Divinity Original sin, then Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity, then Fallout 4, then...Hearthstone, gotta work that in too... so many games to play.

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 12:31 Tumbler

I will say that what they've built in the time frame they had is amazing. EA announced this at E3 2014 and I don't think they got the rights to it very much sooner. It could have been in the works sooner than when they announced it but at best I don't see how they could have had more than a year and a half to make this.

The game is the best you could hope to get in that short a time frame.

It's still not worth $60 but that is only because the market is way to competitive to allow it. With games like Destiny getting "rereleased" this year again, fallout 4, assassin's creed, call of duty, etc all coming out those $60 are fiercely contested and this game doesn't stand up to other games at the same price point.

It will be very interesting to see how long the $60 price point holds. There is enough excitement around the new movie that this game could sell like gang busters between now and the new movies release and even a bit after.

I'll bet EA is going to hold that price high in hopes that fans of the movie will come pouring in as we get closer to release.

3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 09:26 Tumbler

4 Maps!

The only mode that looks interesting to me is walker assault and that has 4 maps...

And from what I've seen only two of those look good. (Endor and Hoth) Ugh, if it's on sale on black friday for $40 or less I might buy in. Best buy is having a $10 coupon offered when you buy it right now and I get it at $48 there because of that gamer club thing but I don't feel any urge to run out and get it.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
9. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 16, 2015, 22:23 Tumbler

Bought many games from GMG, never had a problem. Sad to see them kind of dragged through the mud lately.

Considering the savings I don't see any issues with these weird back channels they're describing. If the keys work and you save 20%+ who gives a shit what the developers have to say?

This reeks of the gamespot used game bitching from developers and publishers in the past. Offer returns or trade ins yourself if you think you can do better.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
16. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 11:56 Tumbler

I'm really confused why this game is so popular. It looks like the same game from before in many ways. If they made Oblivion 2 as their next game and it looked and played exactly like the old game I'd be feeling the same way I do about fallout 4...

Skyrim has a ton of awesome new stuff and looked a lot different than oblivion, and oblivion looked very different from morrowind. Fallout 3 obviously looked a lot different than fallout 2 and 1 but I feel like fallout new vegas and fallout 4 aren't putting any effort into making the theme change with the locations. Fallout 1 and 2 were on the west cost I believe around sparks, nevada and LA? Then Fallout 3 was on the ast coast near washington DC, then fallout new vegas went back to the west coast around las vegas (or...west at least) and now we're back in east coast area near boston... It's ok if these games don't look identical. In fact the areas should look different in the north east of the united states compared to the deserts of california and nevada.

It feels a little lazy to make everything look like the same desert landscape even if it's supposed to be because atom bombs scorched the earth. This is supposed to be 70 years after that? Plants would have grown over everything in that time. Chernoble isn't a desert wasteland, it's got stuff growing everywhere.

I'll wait for it to be on sale. Seems like I'll be better off with mods in a few weeks or months anyway.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 300K, Free DLC Next Month
1. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 300K, Free DLC Next Month Nov 11, 2015, 11:47 Tumbler

Wish it was 40k. :_(

Seems like we're stuck with Space Hulk spin offs now... I think there is an MMO coming? ... Angry

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2015, 15:43 Tumbler

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:13:
I'm both fascinated and horrified by sinkholes. That one didn't actually look too bad compared to others. Glad no one was hurt/killed.

Sink holes are terrifying but that one isn't a sink hole. You can see at the beginning of the video and the end that they deliberately dug out an enormous hole to let water drain out through and put a corrugated metal pipe in it.

You can see how close it was to the groundfrom where the cave in starts and they build all kinds of shit on top of it. If it had been deeper it may not have been a problem but being so close to surface the top of the tunnel probably got a lot more weight on it. If it'd been deeper the weight might have distributed around it better.

That's just bad engineering.

Edit: Oh for fuck sake, the news edited the video so you can't see the cause of the cave in which is plane as day from the beginning.

Youtube Flyover

Assholes. You can see the steel pipe still pouring water and crushed under the weight above it. Also just realising this footage came from a drone, not used to seeing such a clear picture of a disaster like this. Should make for some interesting news coverage of all sorts of things in the future. Before it was some guy trying to get the best angle but now you've got these magic floating cameras that can just move around to show you everything from every angle.

Nightcrawler 2, come on hollywood. You know that guy would be flying drones around right now!

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 15:51.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 8, 2015, 18:57 Tumbler

Been playing divinity ee the last week or so, that game is so much fun. I was playing it like a theme park that needs clearing out and suddenly started getting my ass kicked in the 2nd area. (Forest) Pulled up a guide to see if I'd missed an area that would getynlevel up and found a ton if quests I'd never finished. This game doesn't help u finish quests at all. Was shocked at how many quests were around the first area that I'd never found or completed.

Was feeling good until I tan into death knights. Fuck those guys. Spent a lot of time fighting those...

Oh and just found several more people to hire to come with. Expected they'd just move over to hall of heroes if my party was full, sadly no. Once I sent my 4th member off I could pickup the extra guys available.

News Comments > Overwatch Preorders & Details
8. Re: Overwatch Preorders & Details Nov 7, 2015, 10:01 Tumbler

I'd be curious to try the game if there is a f2p option, like u get to play 1 hero, but until then I'll just watch. Doesn't look that different from other games of the type which are cheaper and more established.  

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
14. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 5, 2015, 20:10 Tumbler

Will watch someone play on twitch. 60 for a mp game like this is way too much.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
30. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 15:18 Tumbler

Everytime I watch a trailer I come away feeling meh about the game.

Hopefully it's amazing but if it's not I don't think I'll care. Something about the game feels terribly dated. At times it looks gorgeous and exciting and other times it looks dull and boring.

I can't wait to hear what people say about it a week after it's been out.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 5, 2015, 13:18 Tumbler

deqer wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 11:55:
I feel sorry for the new generation of kids coming into this world with microtransactions already in place, and thus kids will believe this is normal.

In a $60 game micro transactions are despicable. I can think of instances where they aren't that bad, cosmetic items for example, but in the end if all feels like content that was deliberately cut from the core game rather than additional stuff added to the game.

Larger chunks of content like "The ballad of Gay Tony" are fine but I don't think we can call them microtransactions and they often don't come out until months or years after the initial game. And I think that is why so many companies want to use microtransations. The best time to hit up your consumer for extra dollars is right after your big release. The hype and excitement make it easier to spend money. You wait a few weeks or months after even if what you're offering is great a lot of people probably won't be interested. That's why they sell these season passes now, excited about our new game? Don't you want all the content? It can be yours now* for only $30, no, $40, wait, no $50! dollars.

*now - actually means later, way way later and not sure what we're giving you but it'll be AWESOME!!!! Would we take your money otherwise!?

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 09:16 Tumbler

All of the above schemes are just a small example of how this entire project which was deemed to be fully funded back in 2013 has been all about making money. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It seems to be a lot more than just making money. He's describing things like the ship sales are all that is happening and that's laughable. What kicked this whole thing off was the fps module delay for crying out loud. How do u even make that argument in the first place? There is already something playable and many of the ships that started as concepts are now playable.

This guy is an ass.

6498 Comments. 325 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo