Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6468 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
28. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 25, 2015, 00:46 Tumbler

Elcabong wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 00:33:
Back to the OP subject.

So what exactly is in this release in terms of gameplay? Single player? Does it have AI to fight against? Space battles? FPS battles?

It's just a small iteration on the Arena Commander game. Some minor tweaks to how it plays and I think you can now drive a little golf cart thing around the planet you can walk around.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Oct 22, 2015, 22:44 Tumbler

Engine seems to be really showing it's age. The movement seems a little clunky. I hope they're planning to move to a new engine soon. While BF may not be the best game the visuals on it are a level above this game.

Would be nice if they'd update this game as well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2015, 19:20 Tumbler

I was hoping to buy Dbox tickets to see Star Wars but they're either completely sold out or are not being sold yet.

Going to try and take at least one of my daughters to an early showing. Dbox is the way to go if you can find a theatre that has it.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
35. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 13:44 Tumbler

DangerDog wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 23:02:

Get the game from green man gaming for $45, don't invest in the DLC unless oh hey space battles or something.

GMGMID-SEASON-25PERC

Deal expires 27th of this month

....phhhhuuuuukkkk. That's an acceptable price considering it will come with that stupid DLC pack. $40 for the game, I'll pay $5 for that DLC.

...checking out....wait why doesn't it say anything about that DLC? Seems it's unclear if you get it or not but seems like no. So it's $45 and I'm likely not getting the code until release day so no preloading...

Maybe I'll just buy it at best buy for $48, I mean $3 dollars more...but again no preloading, then sales tax and now it's $52!?

Fuck it. I'm out. I wanna pay $40 for the base game or $45 for a pre-order that I can preload.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 20, 2015, 23:11 Tumbler

Uh...comcast hasn't been tracking and selling set top box viewer info for years?

The same company that brazenly messes with customers internet data throttling services like netflix claiming it's their network to exploit...those guys haven't been selling tracking and otherwise exploiting the cable customers?

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
121. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 20, 2015, 11:31 Tumbler

Bub wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 06:38:
I still can't get over the idea of using Hollywood actors in FMV these days, that is just so 90's and so over.

...those are in engine rendered trailers and we've already seen them showing in engine facial stuff rendered in real time.

Nothing is filming live action shots in front if blue screens Ala wing commander 3 and 4.

What are you talking about?

The critics of this game seem to be inventing things to be upset about. There are plenty of things that are worth worrying about, you don't need to invent anything. Go read about their online server instance plan. That makes me laugh, "yeah ok guys, let's just make sure you get instances that support 16 players ok?"

News Comments > World of Warships Adds Ships
6. Re: World of Warships Adds Ships Oct 20, 2015, 01:27 Tumbler

I've been playing this game a lot over the past weekend. I really like it. It's taking a lot of time to get my first carrier but the battleships are a lot of fun.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2015, 17:01 Tumbler

I assume the best time to buy the game will be around black friday. In past years whenever I buy battlefield on release they end up having a good sale on or around black friday where you can get the game on pc or significantly less. Maybe this year they won't bother because it's star wars but I'd like to see how much people enjoy the game after it's released.

It's fun when it's free, but at $60 it doesn't feel like enough. I'm tempted to buy it at best buy using their club for approx $48. I just don't feel like that is a good enough price, $40 seems acceptable. If I can find a sale on the pc version I'll bite on that price.

As far as the season pass, no way I'd buy that right now. I have no doubt they'll offer stuff that feels like it was ripped out of the core game and I'll wait and see if I still feel like playing.

70. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 15:58 Tumbler

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 15:18:

You realize that DCS is not fun right? It's neat and Cool but anything that takes 11 minutes to just undock is a fucking chore.

Ha! You, sir, don't know how to have fun!

I installed the new DCS 1.5 module last week and went about installing all the available aircraft I had available and firing them all up just to see if I could do it. The FW-190 gave me quite a bit of trouble, everything was in german for starters, because the engine startup sequence on that thing involved a weird charge switch that you'd have to hold in the up position for about 10 seconds then press it down to fire the engine. This wasn't explained well enough in the instructions so I kept trying to fire the engine without enough charge to actually turn it over. You can imagine how many laughs I got when I couldn't start it for the 5th time in a row. So I fired up the ole youtube and watched someone else do it. Had a good laugh see that the engine start level needed to be held up for you actually start the engine, obviously, hahaha.

And then I tried starting up the p51. That was in english so I figured I'd be able to stumble through it but a very similar problem came up. I'd kick over the engine and it wouldn't start! Well after a good laugh seeing the engine spin up and sputter to a halt at least a dozen times I fired up the ole youtuber and watched someone do it to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Turns out you have to start the engine once with a mixture of oil and gas then let it stop, then move the mixture lever back to normal operation and fire it up a second time to get the engine to start. Apparently I was essentially flooding the engine when I started it in the primer position. Once I got that engine running it purred like a kitten. So I promptly kicked that engine into gear and tryed to taxi my way out to the runway only to roll my plane because I failed to keep my speed low enough so I could turn without causing the plane to spin around and blow up.

It was glorious fun!

You can skip all this fun though, you can just tell it to drop you on the runway ready for take off. Turn on the take off assist and auto rudder and you only need to push the engine power up and you'll take off.

Flying is a whole different level of fun too! So many things to screw up that will send you cartwheeling into the ground!

61. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 15:13 Tumbler

Krael wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 14:43:
Think of it like the DCS games as far as fidelity and interaction with the ship, but in space (if you're into that, which I am)

11 minute startup/undocking sequence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKSLhRTnAtk

And the game's site:
http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/

And only $10 to try it out, and that $10 gets you a $10 credit on the final when it comes out apparently.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled circlejerk

That is exactly what I'm looking for! I've been dreaming of DCS (Digital Combat Simulations) making a spaceship module to use in their DCS world. I love jumping into those aircraft and just looking around and pressing buttons.

That is the level of detail I was hoping star citizen was going to have but it appears they're going for something a lot simpler. Flying in DCS with anything less than a joystick is pretty ridiculous and if you want to go from cold start to flying you really need everything, pedals with brakes, full HOTAS, head tracking thingy.

I try to get by with a keyboard and mouse just to see if I can but it's a complete joke.

46. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 13:33 Tumbler

The smoke and mirrors they have sure looks good. I look forward to being able to play that Ac 2.0 alpha thing they've shown off.

Went back and played AC this weekend to see if it's feeling any different and it's hard to enjoy it when things aren't working the way we saw them working in that demo. I want to be able to just walk up to my ship and take off, no loading, no selecting a ship and level in a menu, just let me explore the world/ universe.

I also want the flight model to be a lot more interesting to use. It's a fucking joke currently but the tweaks it needs sound like little things we'd normally see right at the end of development. I know they have bigger problems to solve but I'd really like them to tweak the thruster values so the ships feel like they have some weight to them when turning and changing course.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video
12. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Landing Video Oct 16, 2015, 13:42 Tumbler

There is no landing in this video.

I thought I just missed it...I kept jumping forward but it was just them showing what planets look like...from orbit.

Ok...looking forward to trying this.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 20:48 Tumbler

Rhett wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 20:03:
Man you guys are salty. Go to their forums and make yourselves heard. The devs don't read these posts or complaints, and the people responsible who are whining and making them consider changes aren't reading these comments either.

You think they can do anything at this point? They are shipping what we played. They won't change shit no matter how loud players shout because there is no time.

Game releases on Nov 17 and considering how many copies it should they need to start burning discs asap.

That was a demo. That's the game.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 19:40 Tumbler

A small change or 2 will probably fix everything. The rebels should spawn very close to those control points. Having to spend time just running back to where u need to defend puts you at a big disadvantage. When u move to the next zone they should start out linked and running so the empire needs to actually get in there and turn it off. Right now it's very easy to get jnto position where you can defend those points from rebels before they have a chance to turn it on when zones change.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
78. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 15:36 Tumbler

Yeah, why spend $8-10M when you can get the same results without the name recognition for $1-2M and spend the savings on building the game. Because after all, that's what this is: a game.

I don't think it's optional to have mo-cap actors and voice talent in a AAA game today. You may want them to cut that out but that is a major difference between AAA and AA or indie games in my opinion. That extra level of quality is important and I think they were very smart to put money into these things.

I gotta fire up that Wasteland 2 thing to see how the voice work feels.

38. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 13:00 Tumbler

Never said that was THE number. $37 million is simply a "conservative estimated total" based on what I believe each was paid for the amount of time and work for voice acting and MoCap. You're more than welcome to share your own numbers.

You don't know what conservative means. That is an ultra aggressive estimate. That is literally the highest amount you could ever pay. That is what Richard Pryor would pay in Brewster's Millions.

10. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 10:06 Tumbler

Still going strong it seems.

They've been talking about pushing that ac 2.0 demo out before the end of the year. The fps module would come after that.

That's much better progress than I thought they'd made up to now.

Regardless of what their financial situation is today if they can get that out and people can do only what you saw in the most recent 2.0 demo I think you'll see a tidal wave of new funding and citizens come in.

Sadly that wave will be made of tears from the critics who've been cheering for a disaster. Buy some chocolate ice cream ladies because it's going to get rough for you.

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
45. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 16:59 Tumbler

Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 13:13:
Here's how it played for me.

> Downloaded,
> Installed,
> Logged in,
> Tried both maps.
> Shot at targets at pointblank range.
> Could not hit said targets,
> Meanwhile I was one-shot killed by some dude on a turret like YARDS away.
> Log out.
> Uninstalled.

I tried playing the game on the PC first, using a 360 controller and later a mouse/keyboard and I seemed to have equal trouble with both. I figured I just wasn't very good anymore with mouse and keyboard so everyone else was just killing me before I could line them up.

So I moved over to the ps4 thinking it would feel easier and more fun. It didn't. I think I score better playing on the Pc using a 360 wireless controller.

I'm not sure how they did it but I think it may doing something that makes using a mouse and keyboard comparable to a gamepad. Some things were obviously exploiting the use of a mouse and keyboard, a few people who jump pack over me and were able to track me and shoot me while they flew over. I'd never be able to do that on the controller.

I was shocked to find that playing on the PS4 was just as hard as playing on the pc.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2015, 17:04.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
237. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 13, 2015, 16:45 Tumbler

That's a really good point, but how is crowdfunding benefiting backers? Based on the project's health I would say crowdfunding hasn't benefited backers.

This is before crowdfunding: Star Citizen Pitch Video

This is with crowdfunding:

I think Angels Fall First is an excellent example of a game like star citizen built on a smaller budget.

If they'd shut down the crowdfunding side of things at the end of 2012 I'm guessing we'd be seeing a game that looks like Angels Fall First. The game they're showing instead I think is a big plus to backers and the crowdfunding dollars are the reason that can happen.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modes and Season Pass Detailed Oct 12, 2015, 21:28 Tumbler

Battlefield he's typically go on sake for black Friday. If you can wait till then you'll save plenty of money and probably miss the shit show that is the first two weeks.

Game fly might be worth considering but it's about $20 a month...

If best buy has a trade in deal in the near future I might he able to get it from there at 48.

6468 Comments. 324 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo