Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6498 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 11, 2017, 13:31 Tumbler

Titanfall mobile game?

Hmm I'll give that a shot... So far lots of downloading, got to do a little starter mission, ended mid mission and got to pick a portrait and now it's downloading again...

Hmm not so bad, played a few matches, so far very simple but fun. Little map with 3 control points, goal is to hold all three at the same time. You send out units from your side, opponent does same from his side and u can both fire stuff and drop stuff into middle area.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2017, 14:21.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War III for macOS and Linux Next Month
1. Re: Dawn of War III for macOS and Linux Next Month May 19, 2017, 12:05 Tumbler

This game needed more time in the oven.

There are plenty of things that turned out great, it looks great, picking the hero units feels a lot like you're building a unique army, the painter has a ton of detail to play with.... But the game you play is pretty terrible. (And the campaign, Jesus christ, why didn't they just create a series of skirmishes that forced you to take certain heroes. That would have been better that the pile of shit they delivered)

The number of maps is a disgrace, lack of game modes makes the game feel repetitive almost immediately.

They can hopefully fix some of this by adding a few more game modes, a lot more maps, and adding more "hero units" that expand gameplay.

A techmarine that can deploy turrets for example. Or an Ork psycker that can drop the foot of gork!

It's eerily quite though...

This comment was edited on May 19, 2017, 20:09.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
10. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 11:47 Tumbler

It doesn't appear this is a larger "open world" style game...

That is forgivable if they've got 10 or so maps similar to the first one... But three!? (In the first) God that is still unbelievable.

Edit, wait, no I think it was four. I quit playing on the third map because it was boring.

And load times, my God those load times. That is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of destiny, watching those spaceships fly to nowhere.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2017, 12:51.

News Comments > Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo
61. Re: Arkane: Steam Refunds = PC Prey Demo May 10, 2017, 13:44 Tumbler

Does anyone else feel like the game prices we're seeing on places like CDkeys.com are a good indication of their true value in the US market? Dawn of War 3 was $30 approx there and now that I've played it after release that is definitely a fair price. $60 is insulting considering what they delivered.

I would assume Prey is the same. It's a $30 game they're trying to sell for $60...?

Hmm, Prey appears to have a better Metacritic score a little bit and a user score just as good so maybe prey is a better game all around.

Just odd how the deals I've jumped on via cd keys that seemed too good to be true turn out to be all too reasonable. Batman Arkham knight for less than $30, well that's a good deal...right? Nope, just a fair price. Dawn of War 3 for $30...has to be worth at least that right...technically yes, it was worth $30 imo...just not a lot more.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale May 6, 2017, 12:20 Tumbler

I expect anyone will be able to buy any ship they want for $10 or less on the secondary market a month or two after the game "Launches". My original pledge was for the super boxed set Connie package so I'm willing to hold that just get that physical stuff but a smart man should sell anything else and plan to buy it or earn it in game later.

News Comments > Dawn of War III Released
8. Re: Dawn of War III Released Apr 27, 2017, 16:03 Tumbler

Have been playing for an hour or two. Campaign is a different race each mission so far. Space Marine is mission 1, Ork mission 2, elder mission 3. You earn some experience and gold for your elite which is nice. I just unlocked the terminators and some army doctrines. There are a lot more elites and doctrines which is nice. Some of them have to be unlocked via getting an elite to lvl 8 first though. That's kind of annoying because some of those unlocks give u a big advantage. If it's just some coins or gold then u just pick what is important first but u get them all fast enough. Connecting it to leveling up elites seems to unbalance the game...

Graphic setting keep resetting too, that's super annoying. Plus you can't set texture detail higher without restarting but then everything resets and you come back to low again...

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII In November
13. Re: Call of Duty: World War II Announcement Apr 26, 2017, 16:19 Tumbler

Doesn't look like something I want to play. It's been done so well by games in the past, and done in excess, that I don't think I'm ready to play another WW2 game.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2017, 14:43 Tumbler

Can't you subscribe to HBO on Amazon for $15 a month? I didn't realize Prime got you access to anything on HBO.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 21, 2017, 10:28 Tumbler

Everytime someone complains about this site I go browse the stuff they have for sale. There are plenty of older games that people list for great prices.

Plus DLC for certain games is sometimes available at a lower price.

People have codes to sell, and devs don't like it becoming more common place. I used to trade console games on sites like Goozex and 99gamers and those always screwed up by trying to have their own currency. You could also list game codes for sale but there was more risk involved for the buyer and seller because there wasn't a way to verify the code. The seller reputation was the best tool.

With G2A the seller still takes a risk offering the code because a buyer could claim it doesn't work when it does but on the other side this shield service everyone is up in arms about gives the buyer a way to protect themselves.

Scammers are going to scam, thieves are going to steal, this site is shady but it's the only game in town when it comes to selling this kind of stuff. I'd like to see them improve as a service but I don't think the devs want that. They just want people to stop going there to buy games/keys.

Case in point that Warhammer game was $12 on the Humble Monthly Bundle. Now it sells for about $25 on the G2A website but if look at steam it's selling for $59.99. They don't want people to go buy it off G2A. They don't want people who bought it for $12 (less if you consider the other games) to sell their key for $25. They want to control pricing and G2A is a tool for consumers to buy and sell at different prices.

Make a better option. That is what game companies should have done instead of attacking Gamestop a few years back and it's what companies should be working with steam on right now.

Make a market place where I can list and sell my unused games because I've got plenty of them.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 15, 2017, 18:22 Tumbler

I like the story aspect. Would be very interesting to be an empire soldier or the captain of a large ship after the second death star blew up.

That could be a very cool fps/action game. As a battlefront game though I'm not so sure.

Trailer from the first game looked a lot better than the actual game played so I'll believe it when I play it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
4. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 15, 2017, 14:08 Tumbler

This should be called the 0.3.

At this point I hope fans start telling CIG to cut the shit and give us honest info.

The core functions of the game are still being built. Content cones after that so until the engine can do all the things you want at launch you need to stop auing you're at or past 1.0.

You can pretend whatever bullshit you want internally but until you get all your basic elements built in you can't tell the public you are past 1.0.

So 0.3 coming soon, no idea when a finished product can be expected, probably too early to even say we can make one since we r still guessing and checking with each feature we add. At some point we have to figure out how to get the game to work with dozens if not hundreds of people at the same time...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
39. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 22:04 Tumbler

Drayth wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 18:38:

The unfortunate truth of modern gaming is it takes a shit-ton more resources to make a competitive looking (and sounding game), so the return needs to be high as well. Thus these days you have your Michael Bay games, and you have your art-house indie games, etc. There's plenty to choose from out there. I don't automatically shit over the Michael Bay games, however. There can still be fun to be had in them, for some of us at least.

There are many games that prove otherwise. Minecraft is the first that comes to mind. There is nothing that says a game Dev like dice has to try and make a game that plays like a movie. Rocket League. Hearthstone. Overwatch. (Maybe?) No Man's Sky (maybe not a perfect example) I'd take a battlefront game with far less fidelity if it was still fun to play today. I'd take destiny looking less for bigger better maps.

Too many are obsessed with making the game look as good as it can and they need to put that emphasis on making the game fun to play first and foremost. Demon souls, dark souls is another example. Look how many clones r out now. The competition often looks better...But it's the gameplay that people want.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 12:45 Tumbler

The main problem I see is that the first game sold REALLY well thanx to coming out near the movie, and this one also has that to ride behind.

So they probably don't have to make it a lot better than the first one...

Hopefully they will. Battlefield 1 was great, if they follow that template this could be really cool...but they're probably just going to make the game close to what they made last time...

Not going to get my hopes up.

News Comments > G2A Responds to Gearbox
16. Re: G2A Responds to Gearbox Apr 11, 2017, 14:04 Tumbler

Darks wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 08:18:

CD Keys.com does, and they dont change you extra bullshit changes for something. G2A even when you dont take their insurance tosses on an extra 50 cents to 2 dollars depending on the cost of what you are buying when you check out. Cd Keys does not do that.

I don't think CDkeys.com is the same as G2A. It appears the site acquires keys itself and sells them. So only one seller.

G2A is presumably keys coming from anyone on the internet. I could list something, or you could. The game I ended up buying, south park: stick of truth, $5.90 in the end, worked and I'm playing it.

On CD keys the game is $7.50 but it's out of stock. Even if they had it instock I'd probably take the lower price because the code is probably just some guy who has an unused code and is selling it.

I don't see how the site can overwhelmingly be stolen keys. Stolen keys should be revoked and if most of the purchases people make in the site are for bad keys then we'd be hearing a lot more from users.

My suspicion is that by offering an ebay like listing system where anyone can offer their codes they've created a fast and easy way for users to trade their codes for cash and because it's a risky process to begin with the prices stay very low. Publishers devs won't like that, the current system of discount bundles is probably fueling it, and the volume of sales off the site has creaped up to where publishers/devs are paying attention. If CC fraud is a major problem for your company then you need to figure out how to minimize that on your end. Perhaps don't sell to random users / organizations for the first month or two when demand is highest. Some CC's offer more authentication on purchase, you have to type in additional info to use the card for example.

News Comments > G2A Responds to Gearbox
7. Re: G2A Responds to Gearbox Apr 11, 2017, 01:13 Tumbler

It sure seems like this is the latest in a line of industry versus consumers. There has been the GameStop used games are the same as stealing, games are more expensive so we have to dlc, we have to have always on drm, next gen consoles will lock games to users need always online, return policy? What's that?

These guys never learn.

G2A is shady but no one offers anything better. I don't know where else u can go to flip a key you aren't going to use quick and easy. It's time to offer an easy secure way to trade games you haven't played. Why doesn't steam have a marketplace to trade on?

The only time I even look at G2A is when they start bitching. So far I've bought two games, both worked, so maybe don't keep bringing it up?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 9, 2017, 13:54 Tumbler

Having little to no experience with making video games, let alone a project if this scale, it seems like they're way behind where they should be if they are going to put their intended game by end of 2017. End of 2018 might be able to produce something decent...

We've seen some high profile titles get spun up very fast recently which still felt "barebones" on release. Battlefront, Titanfall, Destiny were all born out of rushed dev cycles. I'm guessing those had somewhere between 2 and 4 years of some sort of dev time.

Titanfall might be the best comparison because that was a studio that started small and had to scale up fast and deliver something fast. So even after that studio had a second dev cycle to produce Titanfall 2 that is still way simpler than what Star citizen is.

TB's comment around a few years back now still describes this perfectly...They're going to release something... But who knows what it will be.

Anyone have any theories of where they are in the dev cycle overall? 1/2 way? 1/4? 3/4?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 8, 2017, 20:52 Tumbler

>Good, fuck Uber. Nobody likes taxis, but Uber is a thousand times worse for a bit more convenience. The sooner that business, and that business model die, the better.

What's worse? I despise taxi's. It sucks not knowing how much you're going to pay to get where you're going and the ride is typically uncomfortable. I've only ridden a few times but it's always been better than any taxi ride.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 3, 2017, 13:55 Tumbler

Had to check the date...maybe it's a year old?

No Man's Sky was a disaster. No one should be trying to compete with it on any level, unless you want to lose money and consumer confidence? Those are still bad right? This was apparently written on march 4, 2017...might have been funny as an april fools day joke...but what the hell...

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Apr 1, 2017, 22:24 Tumbler

Wonder what kind of company this was...?

(Reading)

A boot maker!? The IT guy at a boot factory wiped everything in revenge!?

Man I figured it be a higher stress job or something. Boots?!

News Comments > Hearthstone Un'Goro Expansion Next Week
4. Re: Hearthstone Un'Goro Expansion Next Week Apr 1, 2017, 12:41 Tumbler

I go back from time to time, it's a lot of fun in short bursts. I love the brawl mode because it takes out the extreme deck building advantage. In the normal mode (ranked) I have to use that hearthpwn site to get a build that is even remotely competitive.

Brawl brings back a lot of the fun and sillyness possible in the game. It sucks to login and see it turned off for until the next round starts.

I'd love to see Blizzard build another version of this game that follows the starcraft universe or diablo universe. The Fantasy / world of warcraft thing is getting old.

6498 Comments. 325 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo