Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B Williams

Real Name B Williams   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tumbler
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 12, 2003, 14:45
Total Comments 6448 (Guru)
User ID 18369

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Master of Orion This Month
8. Re: Master of Orion This Month Aug 11, 2016, 16:53 Tumbler

Reading the steam reviews seems to indicate this is a pass for me. Most helpful reviews all say not recommended. Have to get to number 6 people someone says recommended.

$49.99 is also way too much in my opinion. Nice to see it comes with MOO 1 - 3 though, I'll wait for a summer sale.

99gamers.com-Going down in flames after discounting their currency!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 4, 2016, 15:02 Tumbler

Doesn't "Aug lives matter" fit all to well? The story is about augmented people not being treated as human or worse...? Assuming Aug lives matter is said seriously in the game that seems ok. Assuming black lives matter accomplishes something people would Co opt in the future for their own cause.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced Aug 2, 2016, 14:47 Tumbler

Hmm, maybe someone is finally making a game that will play like tabletop?

I'm interested.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 27, 2016, 15:38 Tumbler

My dad has Tmobile and everytime I ask him to look something up on the internet he sits there staring at his phone wondering why it won't work.

Tmobile's internet network reminds me of Att's mobile network when they overloaded it with iphone users in that initial rush.

Att might be ok at this point but both Sprint and Tmobile are way overpriced for what you get and Verizon has been rock solid for as long as I've been a subscriber.

Verizon might have the higher price but the service works as expected. I cringe when I think about using ATT during that time period where the network barely functioned yet the monthly price stayed the same. I think my dad is about ready to jump ship and go to verizon. He's even under a discount offered through HP / Tmobile but if the service doesn't work when you need it then it's not worth any price.

If you're thinking about using Tmobile be sure to plan on testing it for 30 days. Don't get rid of your old service until you've seen it in action for a week or two and it's reliable. I'm sure it's fine in places but congestion doesn't show up on those coverage maps...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 12:36 Tumbler

The US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of California has published a press release, explaining that 28-year old Stephen Cebula had sent messages to Blizzard at the beginning of July, stating that he “may or may not pay [Blizzard] a visit with an AK47 amongst some other ‘fun’ tools” and “might be inclined to ‘cause a disturbance’ at [Blizzard’s] headquarters (pictured) in California with an AK47 and a few other ‘opportunistic tools.’”

Good! Fucking great in fact. Do that. Do a lot more of that.

Twitter should spend more time trying to track down and punish people who say shit like this. I assume it was on twitter. May have been direct to Blizzard via the game or the forums. Sadly banning people like Milo seems to be their priority.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Preorder Bonus
7. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Preorder Bonus Jul 22, 2016, 10:10 Tumbler

The civ video's they're putting up are definitely scratching the Civ itch for me, I installed civ V again and am playing that. If they offered beta access to play the game right now I might even buy in.

Very interested to see how this one turns out. It feels like a step down ... I hope that's in my head...

12. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 21, 2016, 16:54 Tumbler

Beamer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 16:41:
Actually, that is Cutter's argument. That if it's $5 in Cambodia it should be $5 in Canada, or if it's $50 in Canada it should be $50 in Cambodia.

Thanks to the Internet it is $5 and $50 in Canada and Cambodia. Living in Canada if you can find a code for $5 then the lowest cost available is $5.

If you don't want people in canada to buy from people in Cambodia then buy a ship and go cut up some deep sea cables so we can't talk to each other over the internet. Otherwise adapt.

11. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 21, 2016, 16:45 Tumbler

LurkerLito wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 16:27:
Tumbler wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 14:15:
I don't see why G2A is worse than ebay. If I have a key that will work in North America for a game and I want to sell it I can go to places like ebay or g2a.

I paid for the key and I'm selling it...what's the big problem?
Did you not read the article? G2A requires NOTHING tangible that can actually link back to the seller. It use to be you only needed a simple throw away email address and you could sell as much as you want on G2A. That's why all the fraud happened there. You'd contact G2A they'd say we'll contact the seller and no one would contact them back and their only info on the seller is a dead email account.

They want to say they improved, by requiring a facebook or a russian facebook equivalent and a phone number? That's absolutely not good enough. You can buy a burner phone and make a fake facebook account easily. So nothing has really changed.

This isn't about you selling your extra humble bundle keys you bought, this is about if you were selling a bunch of keys you bought with stolen CC#s then selling them at G2A cause their security for checking the sellers is so lax that no one would notice till you were long gone.

The scammers are doing this for money...right? So G2A has something very tangible that leads back to a person, a financial transfer of some sort. If I pay $5 for a key the idea is, I assume, G2A transfers that to the seller in some way. (Like Paypal?)

My guess is that the effects on the users themselves is so minor that G2A probably hasn't needed to do anything up to now. There may be a lot of users complaining but I haven't seen that.

G2A doesn't need to do anything if their customers are happy. If the developers would start revoking codes that are linked to fraud you'd probably see G2A customers getting upset and then they'd have reason to make changes.

8. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 21, 2016, 16:35 Tumbler

I'm sure Cutter practices what he preaches. When he goes out for a Thai meal of Panang curry, rice, and spring rolls, and the bill comes in for $20, he leaves $2, since "Charging some people a lot more and some a lot less depending on where they live for the same meal is really scummy.." and $2 is what it costs in Thailand.

If he goes to Thailand then it's $2...no?

This is supply and demand, people are going to where the price is lowest. Nobody is arguing that you should be able to go to best buy down the street and buy a copy of whatever for $5.

If someone has a code for the game I want and only wants $5 for it then why am I going to pay best buy $50 instead of buying the code for $5?

That code might be bullshit, the guy selling it might be a crook and that is a risk I might be willing to take.

Cars are a good example of this. You go to a high cost area to buy a car you're going to pay a premium. You go find that same car 100 miles away in less populated area you can save a lot of money just buying it there instead.

You could probably save even more buying it in Thailand but then you have to deal with transport as well. Doesn't volkwagen or some company have some crazy offer where you go to their factory on a mini vacation and buy a car and end up saving money vs buying it from a dealership in the US? (even after shipping it back?)

4. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 21, 2016, 14:15 Tumbler

I don't see why G2A is worse than ebay. If I have a key that will work in North America for a game and I want to sell it I can go to places like ebay or g2a.

I paid for the key and I'm selling it...what's the big problem?

Sounds like many smaller devs have very little anti fraud protection in place for CC transactions. That's never going to cut it. Pointing the finger at sites like G2A is a cop out. You need to vet your buyers more carefully. That's why CC companies pass back harsh fees on charge backs. CC fraud might as well be a cost of doing business now for online stores. In retail stores I think this was called shrinkage. The expected loss from theft was 10% no matter what you did, you just had to plan on losing that.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 16:07 Tumbler

I never got around to looking at the cloud city add on. Maybe I'll go watch someone playing that and see how it is.

Anytime I've gone back to try this game again it's hard to stick with it for more than one evening. It can be a lot of fun but the gameplay is so shallow. The weapon variety feels almost non existent and the progression feels like wandering through the desert.

I googled what the best way to level up is to help move the progression a long and many people said playing the squadron assault maps was the best...which isn't fun AT ALL. Playing that will turn you off to the game real fast.

For something that looks so damn good it's so frustrating that the gameplay itself doesn't even come close the visuals in quality.

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
5. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 10:36 Tumbler

Seems like a silly thing to worry about in a game where head shots don't even need to hit anything....

Maybe they'll fix that in time, but I'm ok with it as is...sloppy aiming is kind of nice in this game.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 2, 2016, 15:02 Tumbler

Seeing the finished results of games like Shadowrun, Wasteland 2, Space Quest whatever, and even the double fine one took a lot of the excitement out of donating.

They weren't awful games but they also were not games worth prepaying years in advance for.

Star Citizen did suck up a lot of my money i'd otherwise donate to other projects but the other projects didn't look as good. I hit the 1000 dollar mark from a variety of purchases, shirts, in game trinkets, ships, models, mouse pads, etc and figured I'd invested enough and stopped adding to that game as well.

FTL is one of the few games that surprised me. Most aren't doing that unfortunately.

News Comments > New Turtle Rock Studios IP
17. Re: New Turtle Rock Studios IP Jun 20, 2016, 16:10 Tumbler

I think everyone wanted Evolve to be a video game version of the movie predator.

Do that.

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
25. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 13:49 Tumbler

I just want to know if Destiny 2 is going to be a co-op version of skyrim with Guns... because if it is, then hooray!

If it's not then bye bye. Not interested. Loot shooters are fine, just not what I'm looking for.

Based on what Destiny 1 is I think it's a long shot to expect them to make a co-op skyrim style game. It's probably going to be very similar to the first...with hopefully more content...but if the first one sold well enough...why would they offer more for the same money?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin Jun 17, 2016, 13:43 Tumbler

I think they might be shooting themselves in the foot on this one with this early access season pass nonsense.

This is the first DLC pack that added new walker maps which imo is the main mode of the game. Assuming the new game mode they add gets added to each map they have then this is kind of tempting.

At $15. At $50 for that pass is laughable and I can watch people play it on twitch or youtube....so....I'm going to go ahead and say I'll get what I need from watching other people play and since it's my only option I'll be on to something else once i can buy it for $15.

thanks?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2016, 15:54 Tumbler

Sony has some pretty exciting first party stuff. Detroit, Horizons, God of War, all impressed me. Detroit most of all. That trailer really hooked me. And spiderman! That looked very cool.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 on October 28th
2. Re: Titanfall 2 on October 28th Jun 13, 2016, 16:38 Tumbler

I don't think they did themselves any favors with that SP campaign trailer. The MP trailer seemed ok, it looked great if you like titan fall alot but watching that SP trailer I felt bored.

They still haven't shown us something to care about. What are your protocols! LINK TO PILOT, UPHOLD THE MISSION, PROTECT THE PILOT...and the music is trying to build suspense like omg, Omg OMg, OMG!!! But the dialogue is boring. Who the fuck is Rifle man Jack something. She asked you goddamn question, who authorized this and you say "We had no other choice...."who's we!? Why are you trying to hold back a name when we don't know shit from shit?

I don't think they've got a well written script here. Looks more like they just wanted to make something you could call a story and get a bunch of action scenes going.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
22. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 17:11 Tumbler

I'm curious to see what Titanfall 2 is but I'm very skeptical it's going to be great. They'd be smart to focus on the SP side and leave the MP games somewhat bare bones. Without a strong SP game to establish the world / characters, etc, it doesn't seem like there is enough in the MP game for it to stick around.

I'd say they should put just as much effort into the MP side but that's laughable, EA's holding the check book after all.

If you like playing Titanfall 1 I'd bet you'll have more fun playing Overwatch as D. VA.

Hopefully they'll blow us away at E3 and surprise everyone because it's hard not to laugh when I think about titanfall 2 right now. They've got a long hill to climb.

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
26. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released May 31, 2016, 17:01 Tumbler

nin wrote on May 31, 2016, 11:50:
The bethesda moneytrain stops for no one! Those were the guys who wanted to sell mods...

Perfect.

6448 Comments. 323 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo