Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Josh

Real Name Josh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ShadyPete
Email shadypete@gmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 4, 2003, 00:49
Total Comments 184 (Novice)
User ID 18283

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Shattered Skies Launches
2. Re: Shattered Skies Launches Jul 21, 2016, 21:46 ShadyPete

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 21:30:
so what makes this different than any other open world dayz type game?

its aliens not zombies?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
38. Re: Buying digital skins has never been PHUNNER. Jul 5, 2016, 17:31 ShadyPete

idk if you guys listen to idle thumbs or not but there has been an ongoing discussion about a guy named 'Rob' going back to the TF2 hat days that is now a well known gun skinner. he has made millions and it's facinating and hillarious.

here's a link to the disscusion edited together over many years of episodes. it's a must listen

https://youtu.be/IF52sL2wi1c

and the follow up about the CS:GO skins from the last episode.

https://youtu.be/qrxXDzNvVJw?t=41m50s

News Comments > DOOM Balance Patch
3. Re: DOOM Balance Patch Jun 10, 2016, 22:25 ShadyPete

back in my day the plasma rifle was better than the shotgun and that's just the way it was. ya did what ya had to do and were thankfull.  

News Comments > Paragon Free Weekend Coming
2. Re: Paragon Free Weekend Coming May 19, 2016, 07:30 ShadyPete

watched a stream of this last week and it didnt impress me. probably didnt help that the streamer was one of those 'im so amazing' moba players. had more fun hating on him than watching the game.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway
3. Re: No Man's Sky in June; Preorders Underway Mar 3, 2016, 20:02 ShadyPete

$60 ehh?? i would like to see alot more than i've seen over the past couple years before i drop that much coin..  

News Comments > Dream Theater Game Plans
10. Re: Dream Theater Game Plans Mar 1, 2016, 20:38 ShadyPete

Dream Theater has always been and always will be pretentious heavy handed masturbatory schlock

you forgot souless..

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 29, 2016, 09:46 ShadyPete

if they want to expand the audience of esports they need to recognize that professionalism matters and professionalism includes language. that being said i think the LCS guys do a really good job.  

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
40. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 27, 2015, 07:33 ShadyPete

idk why but i enjoy calling this game Space Inhabitant  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 25, 2015, 13:51 ShadyPete

LiTh wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:09:
Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 10:53:
The Li-Fi technology used by Velmenni in the pilots is able to send data at up to 1GBps - more than 100-times faster than current Wi-Fi technologies.

Edit: GBps, not Gbps.

I just saw the blurb that they achieved 224GBps in lab conditions, holy hell.

Of course, with this being lightbased, and thus on direct line of sight only, it's going to be extremely limited in possible domestic usage.

True, but it does introduce a pretty neat security caveat being that its line of sight.

seems only practical for 1 way communication. seems that RF would work better for transmitting from our devices as no LoS is really needed. or would we aim our laptop/phone's laser at the optical reciever in the wall?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Donkey Kong Nov 24, 2015, 15:30 ShadyPete

read the head line and already knew who's dumbass face would show up.. lol  

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
6. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 16:10 ShadyPete

No Man's Sky "You have already seen these things"  

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Today
4. Re: Overwatch Beta Today Oct 27, 2015, 16:04 ShadyPete

"lol rekt rekt lol noob lol rekt..."  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 22:25 ShadyPete

'this map is bullshit.. ive been blasting the walker with my pistol for 30 seconds and it's health hasn't moved at all..'

-any bro shooter player

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Oct 9, 2015, 07:31 ShadyPete

doxxing of kids, citcon, derek smart it all makes sense to me now. the real reason gary oldman will be at citcon.

the sq42 trailer featuring gary oldman as derek smart.

yeah ive been up far too long..

oh SHIT jean reno is chris roberts!!

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
207. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 7, 2015, 17:00 ShadyPete

Flatline wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 16:42:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 16:31:
But seriously, did you actually bring up Freespace Open in a topic about Star Citizen? At least Elite: Dangerous is in the same ballpark; Freespace Open looks like it's from the 90s... because it is.

20 years and 100 million dollars later and I still enjoy the combat in Freespace 2 more than Arena Commander.

Wow Volition released the source in 2002? Absolutely loved Freespace and Freespace 2..

204. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 7, 2015, 15:35 ShadyPete

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 13:43:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 11:52:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 01:44:
He is concerned. He's a big defender, but he's not blind. This CitCon is a bit make or break for him, IIRC. I was right there with him until the social module launched.
Exactly. I have expressed my serious concerns on so many occasions. I'm not blind to the issues affecting this game and its development. As for the social module, I think it's terrible as it stands - the performance is appalling and functionality-wise it's rudimentary at best. That said, that doesn't diminish my confidence in the project overall. The hangar and Arena Commander both run at 60fps and they haven't implemented a lot of the performance features, such as DX12. However, they need to expand its functionality and do so quickly. With the SocMod they've at least committed to several major releases this year, including a new planetside location. Whether they deliver is another matter.

I'll be at CitCon this Saturday and they really need to deliver. Squadron 42 has been kept behind closed doors and it cannot underwhelm. They also need to show substantial progress elsewhere, to show what they've been working on for this past year.

Yeah, my thoughts were

1. They've been working three years, and when they launch it, it's completely not operational. All you could do was walk around.

2. They've been working three years, and they've partially completed one social module out of hundreds promised.

3. It was so overbuilt for its purpose, I realized there was no way to complete the game for $90M.

All that being said, I'm very interested what they show this weekend. I wonder if/how this whole thing will affect CR.

he would do well to not use the event as a platform to voice his frustrations with Derek Smart or the Escapist and instead show some tangible results and let them speak for themselves.. guess we will see what happens this weekend

197. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 6, 2015, 19:32 ShadyPete

@theyarecomingforyou

do you not have any concerns at all about SC?

35. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:02 ShadyPete

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 10:52:
Stormsinger wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 10:45:
I especially like the snarky little "Based on the generous standards set by you..."

It has all the maturity and professional tone of a three year old winding up for a major tantrum. I'd kick in $100 for legal costs for the Escapist, just for the show.

That was the best part of the letter. I'll match your funds but mine is going to CIG.

The more CR speaks the more i believe the article. i could actually see CR blame DS and the Escapist article when everything finally collapses. "Things were fine until blah blah blah and now we are out of money blame them...."

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
31. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 19:41 ShadyPete

Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 19:36:
ShadyPete wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 19:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 17:17:
Gotta agree here, where is the beef? This seems like a prettier SPORE disaster to be honest. Except they shoot even higher.

Will Wright was on the Colbert Report once....

They were probably like, Stephen we know you're a big Wright fan... but you absolutely cannot mention Spore during the interview.

It was during Spore developement so they did talk about it.. soo yeah history repeating?

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
29. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 19:35 ShadyPete

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 17:17:
Gotta agree here, where is the beef? This seems like a prettier SPORE disaster to be honest. Except they shoot even higher.

Will Wright was on the Colbert Report once....

184 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo