Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bucky

Real Name Bucky   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Game handle: Ventus
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Aug 20, 2003, 21:03
Total Comments 2346 (Senior)
User ID 18104

User comment history
< Newer [ 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2006, 16:08 Bucky

Bleh, Quicktime trailer. I'm not all that inclined to download it (the player).

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

---
Xfire: GreySpire
We want Blue's News T-shirts!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > C&C3: Kane Edition Announced
3. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2006, 16:05 Bucky

The Command & Conquer fans are among the most dedicated in the world. It's very exciting to be able to create a special bonus edition of C&C 3 with our fans in mind

Translation:

"The Command & Conquer fans are among the biggest suckers in the world. It's very exciting to be able to make even more money by creating a special bonus edition of C&C 3 that all those suckers will buy."

*sigh*. And I'm one of 'em.

---
This comment was edited on Dec 22, 16:05.

12. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2006, 17:25 Bucky

People just need self control and common sense.

But that's the fun of being drunk! You're trying to take all of the alcohol fun out of my 12-pack and the fifth of whiskey.

Remember kids, it's Beer with a capital 'B'.

---

News Comments > Jade Empire: Special Edition Delayed
8. Re: A whee bit late Dec 14, 2006, 01:21 Bucky

/adds self to conversation

I'd say, in order of fun Prophecies (the original game) and Nightfall are about neck and neck with Factions a bit behind. The beginning of Factions is REALLY tedious...

Agreed. Factions is a lot more fun once you've made it out of the city and past all of the quests there, but getting out is a real grind. I actually quit GW for awhile because it was so bad....which is saying something, considering I had 700 hours into GW in the span of about a year. I got back into it about a month ago and I've already piled on another 100+ hours.

If you don't see him online you can add me "Alia Arjel". Either one of use can invite you into the guild, if you want to join.

---

23. Re: Which CPU? Dec 12, 2006, 19:57 Bucky

1) Is the E6700 Conroe (as opposed to the E6600) worth the extra $200?

The E6700 is not worth the extra cost, at all. I have an E6600 in my rig with a Zalman 9500 on it and can hit 3.0 GHz stable without even trying hard. I'm willing to bet I could hit 3.3 or 3.4, but I don't need to push it right now. As it is the CPU is a monster; I'm running at the stock clock (2.4) because I haven't found a single gaming instance where I'm CPU bound, yet. Edit: I didn't buy the aftermarket Heatsink and Fan because I wanted to overclock.....I couldn't find a retail E6600 so I bought it OEM and then figured I should at least stick a good HS/F on it.

2) Is "hyper-threading" that big of a deal in relation to gaming?

Not really. Multiple cores are going to be much bigger because individual cores can be dedicated to certain processes; this will likely appear first with AI programming. The GalCiv2 expansion Dark Avatar is set to make use of dual-cores for that very reason, though I don't know how large of a difference it will make.

---
This comment was edited on Dec 12, 19:58.

News Comments > C&C3: Tiberium Wars Collector's Edition
8. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2006, 17:24 Bucky

I'm hoping this and Supreme Commander get me hooked, but after a couple of dissapointments over the years my hopes are bleak.

My thoughts exactly. I have more hope for Supreme Commander, though.

---

61. Re: Cow emissions Dec 11, 2006, 17:20 Bucky

I have nothing to add to the debate. I just wanted to thank Bats for this line:

Yup - I eat, then a short time later I take a fredrickson. If my fredrickson is runny or a weird color, I discontinue eating what I ate within the last 2-16 hours that was out of the ordinary for my intake.

It's been awhile since I've managed to have milk come out of my nose. Kudos to you, good sir.

---

News Comments > C&C3: Tiberium Wars Collector's Edition
5. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2006, 13:30 Bucky

As much as I dislike EA and try to avoid buying anything directly from them this might be what causes me to break down. C&C was the game that got me into PC gaming; I might have to buy it on nostalgia alone.

The funny thing is, I haven't played an RTS game in years.

---

News Comments > New Alien Games
15. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2006, 12:57 Bucky

+1 AvP 3

I played the multi in AvP2 to death. There were few things more satisfying than playing as a light predator and taking off marine heads with the spear without them ever knowing what hit them.

---

1. No subject Dec 10, 2006, 15:11 Bucky

What's worse is the way the NFL is protecting quarterbacks. It's gotten to the point that sneezing on them will draw a penalty. Wilfork got called for roughing the passer when Harrington tripped over him. Enough is enough, already.

Pass interference should also be a reviewable call. Game changing penalties like that really need to be reviewed, especially since quite a few that I've seen in the last two weeks have all been incidental contact, instead of actual pass interference.

Now to watch Miami finish killing the Pats. Miami always gives us a hard game, no matter how good (or bad) each team is in a given season.

---

News Comments > Guild Wars Weekend Event
15. Re: No subject Nov 30, 2006, 19:21 Bucky

... sorry.

I think we all are.

---

News Comments > Guild Wars Weekend Event
12. Re: How is Nightfall compared to Faction Nov 30, 2006, 17:20 Bucky

I was told to skip Factions and go right to Nightfall(I am in Prophecies right now) but I did my trail in Factions and really liked it.

I fished Factions the other day. I enjoyed it; I think the problem Factions had has is the artwork on the locations, especially the city. Worse still is that while you might be confined in most areas the city really beats you over the head with that fact. Getting places there is such a ballbuster most people don't even do the quests there.

The Kurzik and Luxon areas are nice, and IMO Factions is worth it. Now to go level up my heroes...

---

News Comments > Dark Messiah CTF Coming
3. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2006, 23:39 Bucky

I thought it was fun too, but mages were (and might possibly still be) pretty damn unbalanced. Granted getting past the first level was a royal PITA, but once a mage hit 5 or 6 he was pretty much unstoppable thanks to one shot kills. I hit level 9 once in the defend map; we might have been down to the center point but no one was getting in. I was pretty much just casting death at that point.

---

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: For Blue this holiday season Nov 29, 2006, 00:09 Bucky

He hasn't even logged into Guild Wars in two days. That might not seem like much, but I think he might be having too much fun playing with his Wii Revo.

---

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Re: Stories in MMO's Nov 28, 2006, 21:43 Bucky

I get major complaints if I sit though the cut scenes in Guildwars. I want to know the story but everyone else has done it 10x before.

I used to get that a lot, but I've just recently gone through Factions and never once encountered that. Of course, playing as a MM or a Monk makes you a pretty vital part of the party, so most people are smart enough to keep their yaps shut.

---

6. Re: No subject Nov 28, 2006, 17:21 Bucky

You know, it's really sick when people are posting for nin.

---

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: That ign oc thing. Nov 27, 2006, 17:33 Bucky

Of the Core 2 Duos the E6400 is probably the best for overclocking, though it does have a smaller cache. I haven't yet tried to OC my E6600 though I fully expect to be able to hit 3.4 stable. What I'd really like to hit is 3.0 without any voltage changes though I don't really expect that that is very realistic.

Fortunately heat isn't a problem; I picked up the CPU OEM since it was impossible to find retail at the time and dropped a Zalman 9500 on top of it.

---

24. Re: No subject Nov 21, 2006, 13:52 Bucky

Happy Birthday Blue

For your b-day, you should let us nin ban some people.

Easier to just create a new board and let nin be the only registered member.

---

25. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2006, 16:01 Bucky

Your obsessive/compulsive nature will fit in well w/ GW...

Heh, I'm the same way. I have to do every quest, even if it'll be my third time with a third character. Heck, I was collecting on one last night that nin and Tyler both had missed.

I've got the old Duron rig running (had a dead video card) but good god is that thing slow. Add to that all the crap that's installed on it and it'll be forever to clean the thing up. Oh, and it's running Windows ME.

Maybe I should just burn it and say the power supply shorted out.

---

21. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2006, 15:35 Bucky

When you do a mission and complete it, it disappears....so how do I keep track of so many of those damn things!!!!

You've got me there. Once it's done, it's gone. It's also pretty rare to have more than 3 or 4 active quests at any one time; only the newb areas heap more on and that's just to get you leveled up a bit faster.

I might be missing your point entirely though. The more I think about it, the more I think I am missing it.

---

2346 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 63.
< Newer [ 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo