Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2162 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 11:46 Pigeon

Dacote wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 11:21:
After the inevitable impeachment the trumptards will revert to their slime-mold stage.

I admire your optimism.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 10:44 Pigeon

Wow, embarrassed I didn't realize Alan Tudyk was Wash. Granted it's been 10 years since I've watched it, but I'd have thought my brain would have made the connection at some point. Ah well, just one more huge reason to like the guy.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2017, 19:57 Pigeon

I loved everything the original Long War did... until it lasted forever.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 11:08 Pigeon

Who was supervising, Michael Vick? If the stunt was so safe why wasn't the trainer in the water to coax it in, it's not like this was a bath tub where the chance of drowning is non-existent.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2017, 15:57 Pigeon

BobBob wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 15:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 15:36:
Stay focused, you're trying to get work done.

Ha! I'll probably have to add Blue's News to this Chrome extension I've been using. It actually helps.

Nice. Yes you should definitely fine tune the settings on that, think of how much time it will save you once it's done. I bet your work area is a little cluttered too you should probably pick that up, but you're going to need to figure out a new more efficient filing system so you can easily find stuff you put away... should probably research that on the internet, after you've organized your favorites by names that sound most edible to least edible. /procrastinationpro

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2017, 14:38 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 13:27:
Goddamn, the size of that gator!

I don't know that I would be kneeling a few scant yards away to take a picture of it. Gators are relatively chill, and I've been close to many wild ones, but you never want to limit your ability to flee should they take offense to your presence.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2017, 11:55 Pigeon

Blue wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 11:13:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 11:03:
My previous car's windshield was a chip and crack magnet. Must have been something about the design that made windshield strikes more likely to crack it, maybe the angle. And $60 is pretty cheap to replace a windshield, at least around here, so at least you have that going for you.

I believe that's the price to repair the crack. The insurance company says they will cover replacing the windshield if it comes to that.

That makes a lot more sense, I didn't think $60 would cover the cost of the actual windshield let alone the labor. Good to hear your insurance will cover replacement if needed.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2017, 11:03 Pigeon

My previous car's windshield was a chip and crack magnet. Must have been something about the design that made windshield strikes more likely to crack it, maybe the angle. And $60 is pretty cheap to replace a windshield, at least around here, so at least you have that going for you.  

22. Re: WWIII Jan 16, 2017, 19:30 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 18:19:
Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 16:47:
And it all stems back to Reagan's tax cuts. Middle class grew when the upper class was heavily taxed, has shrunk back to where it was in the 30s when those taxes were drastically reduced.

I keep beating that horse, yet some people still refuse to admit there's a very direct correlation between how much those at the top are allowed to keep and how much everyone else takes home.
I'd love to know if this is really true. Unfortunately, economics being the voodoo occupation it is -- there are Nobel Prize winning economists who will argue opposite sides of this issue. Or any other economic issue as far as that goes. And since there is no way to empirically prove anything but the most basic economic theory, we'll never know. Hell, they can't even agree if the New Deal helped to end or extended the Depression -- and that was over 80 years ago.

Trickle down economics needs demand in order to work, this is why the wealthy invest "extra" money into production/services. In order to create demand there needs to by a healthy consumer base, which in order to exist needs money invested into production and services. This is no perpetual motion machine folks, there needs to be an independent mechanism to sustain this. When you see money pooling at the top like it currently is that means the mechanism isn't strong enough, e.g. taxation.

19. Re: WWIII Jan 16, 2017, 16:57 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 16:47:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 14:26:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 12:58:
Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 12:43:
snip the sky is falling snip
the end of the world has been predicted since the dawn of man, glad to see the denizens of bluesnews have finally caught up.

Things had been getting better until a few decades ago. Trends are currently in the other direction, like that story the other day about how millennials are making 20% less than their parents at the same point.

And it all stems back to Reagan's tax cuts. Middle class grew when the upper class was heavily taxed, has shrunk back to where it was in the 30s when those taxes were drastically reduced.

I keep beating that horse, yet some people still refuse to admit there's a very direct correlation between how much those at the top are allowed to keep and how much everyone else takes home.

But taxes are bad, and I want that money i see taken out of my pay check cause I earned it and the government does nothing /pout

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2017, 08:35 Pigeon

1badmf wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 19:32:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 15, 2017, 12:53:
Congratulations to the Falcons for winning the battle of the raptors. I only saw parts of the game, but I did see the Seahawks essentially give Atlanta a safety. The defense punished mistakes and the offense capitalized on it.

As for my Texans, well not unexpected. A bit frustrating to watch your defense play so well only to watch an impotent offense undo all their hard work. Brady threw some stinkers for sure, but it's probably because he could feel Clowney and Merciless' breath on his neck. While I'm excited to think what adding a healthy Watt back to that mix will do next year, it won't do much with Brock and his receiving crew's complete lack of chemistry.

i thought it was amazing how deandre hopkins went from 1500yd receiver with... who? as qb? to merely mortal with a supposedly better one. they have a really talented offense at every position except qb. if aaron rodgers, or hell, even kirk cousins had that offense, they would torch the league.

I'd love to see what it would look like with a good or just decent QB. I'm sure there are a lot of QBs out there that would love to have Hopkins as a target, and a couple of our other guys. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with the 72 million dollar flop that is Osweiler.

Congratulations to the Packers and Steelers, both looked to be hard fought games. Also well done Chris Boswell for kicking Pittsburgh to victory

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 15, 2017, 14:00 Pigeon

I've not played private WoW servers (I have for other games), but there's a certain level of righteous entitlement that seems pervasive among both the administrators and player base. I think it stems from the mental gymnastics they have to go through so as to feel it's not just okay to pirate the game, but it is the right thing to do. Actually case in point:
As the Nostalrius team sees it, Elysium now has the reputation of being a pirate server instead of a "fan" server. That clashes with their idea that the Nostalrius project has always been focused on "achieving official Blizzard Legacy servers" maintained by the developer itself and "helping as much as we can to unify the WoW community."

When we did it we were noble in our intents, those other guys are just disgraceful pirates Rolleyes

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 12:53 Pigeon

Congratulations to the Falcons for winning the battle of the raptors. I only saw parts of the game, but I did see the Seahawks essentially give Atlanta a safety. The defense punished mistakes and the offense capitalized on it.

As for my Texans, well not unexpected. A bit frustrating to watch your defense play so well only to watch an impotent offense undo all their hard work. Brady threw some stinkers for sure, but it's probably because he could feel Clowney and Merciless' breath on his neck. While I'm excited to think what adding a healthy Watt back to that mix will do next year, it won't do much with Brock and his receiving crew's complete lack of chemistry.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2017, 12:14 Pigeon

Woohoo go Texans!!... even though you're probably going to get roflstomped...

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 11:20:
Let me just say that it's hard to grasp how huge 20% really is, but when you do the math, and assume that there is a limit below which someone can not save money and spends everything on "life", this is absolutely devastating to an economy.

It also means those 20% less income now, get MUCH lower pensions later. The effect is compound interest based. And if this isn't fixed soon the next generation will be truly and utterly fucked.

If only rich people had more money then they could give more of it to the rest of us /s

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2017, 13:30 Pigeon

Retired wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 13:20:
CVS just announced a super cheap generic alternative to EpiPen. Thanks RedEye9.

Awesome. As a family affected by this, I applaud CVS. They need to put people in jail over this shit.

Wells Fargo Profit Falls 5.4% as Mortgage Revenue Declines. Don't forget the rip-off revenue.

Yet the CONSUMER still pays up to 200$ a month for "mortgage insurance" if you used an FHA or didn't secure 20% down at the time of purchase. Not only that, but the portfolio your mortgage sits in is already insured. They MAKE money when you default on your loan.

They need to remove the "to big to fail" garbage, and another instance where execs should be in jail. Barney Frank leading the way.

I saw Cigna will only cover the cost of the generic now, while normally I'd rail against an insurance company dropping coverage of certain medications I think in this case it is more than warranted.

Also interesting about the marijuana report, and it points out what should be obvious, it needs to be removed from Schedule I.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2017, 13:17 Pigeon

nin wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 12:13:
Up the 28 seconds between page refreshes? You're not seeing it there? Maybe it's a routing issue.

I've experienced no delay in page loading today.

I know who's next to be turned into mutton chops. Seriously though OUCH! Sheep and goats can be real assholes. I'm pretty sure people who run petting zoo are sadistic fucks cause they always put in that one mean old goat that likes to bowl over toddlers.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2017, 11:42 Pigeon

It's in China!? I am shocked, SHOCKED!  

News Comments > 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea
8. Re: 10,000 Overwatch Bans in Korea Jan 13, 2017, 11:39 Pigeon

In other news Blizzard sees a spike in Overwatch sales in Korea.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a difference with so many banned. I'm not sure how match-making works, but it's not uncommon to see Korean players in game.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2017, 08:47 Pigeon

NetHead wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 08:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 07:15:
Dacote wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:16:
Westworld proved that kill switches don't work.

Kill switches are surprisingly difficult to make fail proof... just think about what that really means, even if you somehow managed to have a separate AI with EMP integrated, the physical elements of it would still be open for outside attack.

And think about Mass Effect Geth where the original physical units had kill switches and those actually worked. But the AI simply uploaded itself to a server farm it had build for itself, with no physical kill switch implemented, obviously. Later on they changed construction AI and no more kill switches for new Geth...

TL;DR, kill switch is anything but safe.

TL;DR If the robots decide to revolt by the time we know about it it's way to late

No need for them to revolt, I'll help vote them into power. If cold hard logic dictates that the human race needs to go extinct then who am I to argue

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 13, 2017, 08:27 Pigeon

And true to the actual game it's always the ones making the least needed pick that's screaming for someone else to go healer.  

2162 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo