Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2588 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2018, 15:00 Pigeon

It needs to be moved to the trash bin to avoid being seen.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 6, 2018, 08:28 Pigeon

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 20:00:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 16:57:
These ports should be handled by fans.

Then we would get results like this, instead of shitty ports of mobile versions. What a joke.

Wow and that was done in 2004. That should highlight just how lazy and cheap Square is; not just with this crap mobile ports, but even the remake of SoM.

News Comments > On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues
5. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 13:27 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 11:23:
We made the least amount of effort possible, and now we're 'looking into the issues' this has caused.

Rolleyes

Here's what I don't get. With the obvious effort they put into things like the FF12 and FF15 ports, why dump other games, like Chrono and FF6, out from the freaking mobile port, when you KNOW people are going to be pissed over it.

Why not spend some money and put some time into it, and forego all that negativity? Oh wait, it's because suits have literally no common sense whatsoever.

It's just a cash grab, and if the rest of the gaming public is like the majority of my gamer/internet friends it's a successful cash grab.

Friend 1:'OMG guys this port is so bad (buys it anyways).'
Friend 2:'What?! There's a Chrono Trigger port?! So buying that right now'

So yeah people bitch about it loudly, but they buy the game anyways

News Comments > StarCraft 20th Anniversary Celebrations
8. Re: StarCraft 20th Anniversary Celebrations Mar 5, 2018, 08:03 Pigeon

I understand this is going to be a national holiday in South Korea.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2018, 11:43 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 11:09:
Ethics review. For Ajit Pai?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"I have also been advised by the FCC's career ethics attorneys that I would not be able to accept the award upon my departure from government service."

Because you know that's the first thing he asked about, the fucking shitweasel.

If you can't use your position to receive a limitless number of bribes gifts what's the point of even being chair of the FCC.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2018, 20:49 Pigeon

Oh sweet god, that's a ballistic helmet with a pound of pubes glued to it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 2, 2018, 11:36 Pigeon

I'm sure Amazon is afraid actually effective action will cut into their bottom line.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 2, 2018, 10:32 Pigeon

The only process addiction that currently gets it's own disorder is gambling. While personal experience is not a good litmus test, I do work in the mental health industry, and I see way more people with shopping and sex addictions than gaming addictions. More over these addictions are usually secondary to other mental disorders. I struggle to think of a reason why gaming should receive a special designation, and the only thing I can think of is some chicken little effect with the people making these decisions, or a member of whatever committee that decides these things has a special interest in this disorder and is pushing their agenda.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 1, 2018, 21:02 Pigeon

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 20:22:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 14:32:
No knock raids are a violation of the US Constitutional protection against unreasonable search and seizure in the vast majority of cases. Only 7% of the time are they used for hostage or active shooter situations. The other times they are used for lesser situations like drug busts, where less aggressive techniques should be used.

Whatever happened to that Wichita swatting killer? I mean the cop who shot an innocent unarmed man on his front porch, by the way.

That's right. Nothing happened. What a surprise...

If you don't punish police misconduct, and the killing of an innocent is a pretty damn serious misconduct, then you can not honestly expect police to ever do their jobs right or sensible.

And the fact that it was a mistake does not make any difference. The police chief continued happily on even lying about the incident on camera despite tons of proof to the contrary, what happened to him? Nothing.

So overall the swatter gets punished, but the person who killed someone, and the person responsible for how their people behave, they get off free? Well, that is some grade-A bullshit.

Last I heard the family was suing, and the district attorney was still looking into whether charges would be filed against any officer. The wheels of justice turn slowly, and in cases where criminal charges are being alleged against law enforcement, they damn near stop. It is unfortunate the only likely way the family will get any form of justice is through the a lawsuit. The tax payers end up paying for the police's fuckup, and the police can go back to business as usual.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 1, 2018, 19:36 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 11:10:
My former coworker was a titty streamer. She was good at her job, but also pretty neurotic.

What was your job, schlong streamer?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2018, 13:16 Pigeon

My work place went smoke free, no more coworkers mysteriously disappearing for 20 minutes. When they first started the policy people would try to hide out back or in their cars, as though the smell didn't carry or cling to them. A few HR interventions seem to have curtailed that to unnoticeable levels.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 1, 2018, 08:36 Pigeon

The Big Book of Social Lessons
Chapter 8: Reading the Room

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
14. Re: NSA boss: Trump won't pull trigger for Russia election hack retaliation. Feb 28, 2018, 13:11 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 11:21:
VaranDragon wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 11:00:
Impeach Trump

No, we can't do that.
Because we risk 8+ years of Pence which would be worse, with the only benefit being he don't tweet.
If the dotus serves out the remainder of its term there is not a snowballs chance in hell Pence could win. But if Pence was an incumbant following an impeachment or resignation, he would probably win in 2020 and have a chance in 2024. That is a nightmare scenario.
Here's hoping Mueller does not indict the dotus or results from his investigation do not lead to a drumpf impeachment (god I never thought I would say that)

I don't think Pence could win a general election, he doesn't have a personality the conman showmanship that Trump does. The only way he would win is if rednecks showed up in droves because they believed Trump was impeached through conspiracy. I agree Pence would be less embarrassing and his policies more damaging.

News Comments > PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released
12. Re: PC CHRONO TRIGGER Released Feb 28, 2018, 08:43 Pigeon

It's a port of a ~7 year old mobile iOS/android game.

A few quotes from around the web
We've gotten our hands on the PC iteration and it does appear to carry over much from the iOS port, with poor sound, almost no graphical options, an odd system font and the mobile touch interface with minimal accommodations for gamepad and keyboard control. It's certainly disappointing:

The Steam release appears to be a port of the seven-year-old mobile version of the game. Letís just say this particular version doesnít look good on Windows. It has the tile-based interface, intended to go hand-in-hand with touch controls, an ugly font, and buttons which stay in the corner of your screen the whole game.

ďAll you need to know is that this is a straight port of the mobile version, and includes a horrible font and disgusting sprite filtering,Ē reads a review of the PC version. ďThere are no graphics options apart from resolution.Ē

So basically out of pure laziness Squenix ported the least desirable version to PC and did almost nothing, besides adding some very basic PC controls, to customize it for the PC. Sounds like you'll have a much better experience with an emulator, or pulling out your old SNES or PSX.

They did the same thing with the godawful port of FF6, and I understand even the remake of SoM is very underwhelming.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 27, 2018, 22:22 Pigeon

What is different about the US is our bizarre idolatry of guns. Itís so wrapped up in our national identity, as a symbol of freedom and patriotism because that one time we used some guns (and a lot of help from the French) to become an independent nationÖ and then used them to steal land from the natives and the Mexicans. Guns arenít directly causing the issues, but the ease of access and relative lack of limits on what you can access are certainly exacerbating the issue. The fact we canít even enact decent background checking without someone going into hysterics and equating it to a gun ban is telling.

Yeah it would be nice if we could focus on the real issue, which is mental health, but doing that in a responsible way in a nation where a significant portion of the population still thinks you just need more Jesus is extremely unlikely. It would be amazing if all schools had access to dedicated psychologists, social workers, and counselors. Hell, kids learning about things like emotional regulation and mentalizing would probably go a long way to not just lowering school shootings, but creating a better society in general. But the truth is quality mental health is inaccessible to a lot of people and very expensive to those it is accessible to.

So yeah, the easy/cheaper solution for lowering gun violence is better regulation/background checking that isnít rendered null by massive loopholes. Itís not my thing, but I get it, the sport of target shooting and hunting, collection, feeling the need for protection, or needing something to compensate for feelings of phallic inadequacy; there are a lot of reasons people are into guns that arenít that different than the reasons behind other interests and hobbies. If I thought regulating video games in a similar way would actually decrease, not just school shootings, but gun violence as a whole, I think I could wait a few days to get a copy of the newest Wolfenstein game.

4. Re: Into the Black Feb 26, 2018, 21:29 Pigeon

Best to learn at a young age your dick can get you in trouble.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 26, 2018, 13:39 Pigeon

I like that I've been seeing the term boffins used more often, solely because my brain automatically adds, 'many boffins died to bring us this information'.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2018, 13:18 Pigeon

I don't watch regular TV anymore, and when I turn my TV on it goes to a home screen rather than a channel. So the chances I'll start watching something like the Olympics are pretty close to zero, unless I specifically want to watch it. I did turn it on for a little bit, watched the US beat Canada at curling and that was about all I cared to watch. It's at least comforting to know that I'm in good enough physical shape to compete for Olympic gold in at least one competition. And it really makes me wonder why someone (a Russian) was taking a PED for the sport...  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 26, 2018, 08:52 Pigeon

Don't get me wrong, I love Stranger Things, but I hope this is the last season. Walking Dead and House of Cards come to mind as good shows that should have ended in the 3 or 4 seasons.  

2. Re: Into the Black Feb 22, 2018, 21:11 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 19:59:
I was not familiar with Larry Aaron and when I hear that a 19 year old died the last thing I thought of was a bullet. silly me

Floridaís Senator Marco Rubio Finds Himself not wavering when it comes to accepting N.R.A. Money. Make us proud!

He sat on that stage and took the kicks the groin, he's not going to give up that money. I'll be surprised if anything meaningful happens. The mentally ill will get scapegoated, cause there's nothing more the republicans like than kicking people who are already down, schools will move a step closer to having their own TSA, and LaPierre will still be able to anally violate himself with an AR-15 that has a custom shaped dildo barrel he purchased from an online dealer.

2588 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo