Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2549 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 8, 2018, 20:06 Pigeon

Well the crypto miners are at least making someone some real money...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 8, 2018, 08:43 Pigeon

rawbelly wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 22:06:
Yeah, B&H does that. Lists them all as 'Backordered' at the list price. Soon as they come in BOOM...3x as much.

sheeeet man. fogetaboutit.

Wow

I thought you were being hyperbolical, but a quick check shows that you certainly are not. I swear I checked in early fall and places were selling them closer to the list price (which seemed excessive to me considering I paid $385 for my 1070 a 6 or so months after it launched).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2018, 11:48 Pigeon

I'll graciously take that $560m off her hands, my anonymity be damned.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 7, 2018, 10:50 Pigeon

I watched Cloverfield Paradox last night, it was decent. It suffered the most from under/undeveloped ideas IMO. Possible SPOILIERS: Like the protagonist's husband in the bunker with the little girl. That seemed to go nowhere other than to provide some tangential links to Cloverfield and maybe Cloverfield Lane. I'm all for showing vs. telling in a story and keeping things mysterious and unexplained is fine, but in this case it just comes off as lazy at times.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2018, 16:56 Pigeon

Looks like the Space X launch was successful:

https://youtu.be/wbSwFU6tY1c

Fastest moving Tesla in the Galaxy! The actual launch starts at about 28 minutes in.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2018, 13:30 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 12:21:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 12:18:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 11:06:
Anyways, this Hughs guy is obviously using this as a get rich scheme..because 1,800 feet (even if it's a typo, 18,000 feet isn't high) he'll never prove the earth is flat from that height.
I'll go further than that, I'm willing to bet as much as anyone wants he can't prove the Earth is flat from any altitude.

"I went up 1800 feet. EIGHTEEN HUNDRED FEET! And took this picture! Look, the world is flat as a pancake!"

A hot air balloon could easily go up 1,800 feet, and it would be a helluva lot cheaper and easier. With some special equipment one could go up 18,000 feet.

Hughes estimated he will need to raise about $2m to bankroll his adventure.

Oh okay he just wants idiots to fund his ridiculous hobby. I get it now.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 11:54 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 10:24:
Not surprised to see the criticism of the Dodge commercial, the moment I saw it I thought, "That doesn't seem appropriate."

A lovely speech about hope, perseverance and human dignity, and then BUY OUR TRUCK, 'MERICA FUCK YEAH, SERVE BITCH!!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2018, 08:31 Pigeon

I honestly thought the Pat's were going to pull another last second win, and then the only sack of the game results in a turn over. The Eagles certainly earned it with some aggressive play calling. The Foles TD reception was certainly a squirt of lemon into the Pat's eyes.

I thought the Tide, avacado and Australia commercials were pretty good. There was only one that made me laugh out loud, but I don't remember what made me laugh or what the commercials was so... not so effective.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2018, 15:01 Pigeon

My avocado's have been guaced, chips corned, and beer iced. I think I'm ready to go!  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2018, 16:24 Pigeon

SlimRam wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 15:31:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 13:48:
... One of the Five Guys locations I used to go to was like liquid plumber for humans, the one I normally eat at now has no such effects...
Soooo, I GOTTA ASK... like... was one of the reasons you frequented this establishment often was because of it's colon blowing qualities? How would you even justify trying to get your friends to go with you, "Dudes, you GOTTA check out this burger place! If want to be shitting yourself by the time you get home, THIS IS THE PLACE!"

It wasn't my idea to go, but it was my idea to stop going or rather try another location. Sometimes it takes one person speaking up for everyone to realize it's not just them. But hey, if I'm ever backed up I know where to go. I also had to put the stop on Wing Stop.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2018, 13:48 Pigeon

I generally like five guys and smash burger; as someone else said itís mostly about the toppings and having a patty thatís better than (regular) fast food places. Like all franchises thereís enough variation between locations to leave a good or bad impression if based on just one experience. One of the Five Guys locations I used to go to was like liquid plumber for humans, the one I normally eat at now has no such effects. I think people get over enthusiastic about these kinds of places, like itís a 5 star restaurant where the average meal is $10. I remember reading how some lady started crying because she was so happy there was an In and Out in Dallas. If a chain burger joint is eliciting that kind of emotional reaction, it might be time to reevaluate your lifeís goals.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 1, 2018, 08:48 Pigeon

It is kind of a cool looking skin, though I don't think I'd buy it even if you removed all the zeros from the price. I also feel I have to say, if you or other players spending enough time to notice all the details on that skin, you're not playing the game right.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2018, 08:20 Pigeon

Well shit, now I feel even more lazy than I normally do.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2018, 13:45 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 13:17:
'Emotional support peacock' barred from United Airlines plane.

Huh, they let me fly last week with my emotional support python, even with Sam Jackson riding in first class. Must be a bulk issue, those peacocks take up a lot of space.

My service bovine lets me know when I'm anxious by breaking wind... those Southwest flights are so cramped and stuffy.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2018, 22:19 Pigeon

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 21:50:
So I'm almost done with my first playthrough of Fallout 2, and looking forward to playing 3 or New Vegas next. Problem is, I don't know where to start. Some folks recommend skipping 3 entirely, and some say to play through it before New Vegas.

Thoughts? I'll end up playing both eventually, just wondering where to start with the 3D sequels.

It's been awhile since I played 3, so my memory is foggy, but it's mostly random exploration/questing. There are some cool quests though. New Vegas felt like a more cohesive story. I felt it also benefited from some improved mechanics. Given that these games take a lot of time if you really want to play them, I'd go with New Vegas first, and after your done 6 months later you can hit up 3 if you're still looking for more.

9. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 14:37 Pigeon

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 12:06:
You want the Armorsmith Extended mod, it fixes up just about everything to do with armor and opens up a lot more customization. It's pretty OP if you stack as much as you can with ballistic weave in every piece, but it is nice to be able to make any outfit you want at least usable for playing in.

I'll have to look into that. So far I've avoided mods that effect game play, but the armor seems so halfhearted I feel it needs to be fixed. Maybe they thought everyone was going to run around in power armor 95% of the time so they never bothered to flesh out the rest of the armor system.

At least with weapons, because ammo for more powerful weapons rarer, you switch those up more often. Armor, nope modded vault suit and pocketed combat armor all the time.

MattyC wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 13:34:
I am prepared to be ostracized! I liked Fallout 4. I spent an absurd amount of time making my little towns and leveling them up to fortresses of safety for my ungrateful residents. I did so legit, console commands, pffft. I even liked the DLC.

That said, for that sort of world feel (though sadly without all the building) I am all about Wasteland 2 right now.

It's a fun game, not perfect, but fun. My favorite of the Bethesda games is New Vegas, which some people seem to hate with a passion. To each their own I guess.

1. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 11:53 Pigeon

Iíve been enjoying Fallout 4 the last several weeks, something about traipsing across the wasteland thatís just enjoyable. I think that you can more or less strike out in any direction and run across something interesting is what keeps it that way. On the other hand it can be annoying when youíre just trying to get something done and suddenly youíre sucked into another quest. I also really enjoy the settlement aspect, to the point where I wish theyíd spent more time fine tuning the building. The weapon modding is good imo, the armor modding needed a little more thought put into it. First of all between settlement building and weapon/armor modding it means youíre going to be picking up almost everything you see, which means the most optimal mod for armor is going to be the one that lets you carry more junk. Secondly a lot of the armor is not viable if youíre actually looking for protection. Yeah there are some joke armors, like the bathrobe so you can run around like Arthur Dent, but the jeans and jacket arenít going to cut it, and for some reason you can only wear piece armor over certain items.

The story is decent, certainly enough intrigue between the various factions to keep things moving along, though there is always the ever present fear youíll progress too far in some story line and lock yourself out of quests and factions.

My biggest complaint is the sudden and seemingly random massive FPS drops. Normally Iím running 60FPS (Iíve capped it at that due to issues when FPS goes over 60), maybe it drops to 45 at the lowest when thereís a lot of action, but occasionally the FPS in an area will drop to like 6 or 7. This can sometime be resolved by closing and reloading. Leaving the area will resolve it, but going back usually results in the same problem. If I leave the area for a while, and then come back later in a later gaming session thereís usually no problem. Best answer I could find as to why this happens is that the gamebryo engine sucks.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 29, 2018, 20:50 Pigeon

Too much meth, makes them bones brittle.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2018, 11:52 Pigeon

I think Trump's handlers just want to intercept his tweets. Which in all fairness is a national security issue as it's only a matter of time before he declares war on another nation while taking his 2am dump.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2018, 11:46 Pigeon

Keurig Buys Dr. Pepper Snapple to Form Beverages Giant.

Cans and bottles will now feature DRM protection to assure optimal enjoyment. Official Keurig soda straws and drinking glasses available for $49.99

2549 Comments. 128 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo